Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: "Last Call for Parsifal!"

Message added by TexasGal,

Real time events such as current news about crew members are spoilers in the episode thread.  These can be discussed in the media thread.

• Start Topic

A charter group of super-yachties arrives, and the Parsifal crew is anxious about being judged by their peers. But as the guests get boozed up, the Parsifal crew contemplates getting down, and Captain Glenn keeps a worried eye on his party-hardy team. After the charter, the final night out takes place at a picturesque castle, where Daisy reveals a secret that sets fireworks off in all directions. Back on the boat, the crew forgoes fighting for festivities, as Gary turns the hot tub into a wet and wild bubble bash. Most of the crew says their good-byes, but Natasha, Gary, Alli, and Sydney stay aboard to help Glenn with an ocean crossing. The drama doesn’t stop even though the season is over.

Airdate: 06.14.2021

How oblivious has Glenn been if he invites Gary, Alli AND Sydney to stay on board for the crossing?  He deserves whatever drama happens.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 06.14.2021

How oblivious has Glenn been if he invites Gary, Alli AND Sydney to stay on board for the crossing?  He deserves whatever drama happens.

Wonder if they'll be filming it for some other iteration of Below Deck?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TazDevil said:

It does seem like a set up. Last year Glen, Ciara and Paget were all the crew it took to get the boat from place to place when there were no guests. As much as I dislike Gary, he's good at his job, as is Colin. Take your two best deckies, who can feed themselves and will spend most of their time on outside, and get the job done with no drama.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

It does seem like a set up. Last year Glen, Ciara and Paget were all the crew it took to get the boat from place to place when there were no guests. As much as I dislike Gary, he's good at his job, as is Colin. Take your two best deckies, who can feed themselves and will spend most of their time on outside, and get the job done with no drama.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they need Alli, a stewardess, on a repositioning sail with no guests.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Oh man, I was about to say that Natasha's seafood dish looked like it was a hit....finallly...then she took the legs out from under me with that bloody hand print. Wow, what a vile looking poor choice for creativity. I think I threw up a little in my mouth. It was creepy.

• Love 21

Geez, Alli.  Way to stick to your guns for half an hour.

I guess it’s ok that Gary put bubble bath in the hot tub, since he’ll have to clean it up after everyone else leaves?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I actually really liked this season! I loved everyone on board except Alli. I hated the first season, could not stand Georgia and that other drama queen stew. I much prefer these shows when they actually cast crew that know what they’re doing. I hate when they hire inexperienced crew just for the drama. It was great that Natasha admitted she was wrong in the end.  Of course i could’ve done without all the make out scenes with Dani and JL and i loved Sydney being totally insane! She’s crazy and I’m here for it 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, TazDevil said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they need Alli, a stewardess, on a repositioning sail with no guests.

To do laundry, cleaning after everyone, washing dishes etc, den mother ha ha ….and if it’s being filmed then she’s there basically to bring the drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Why did Natasha have a pleather jumper on for the last supper?  If I were going to sail around Croatia pleather anything would be the last thing I would even pack, I am sweating just looking at that outfit.

Also, we all see what body type Natasha has but if you see her posted photos she is heavily photo shopped, who does she think she is fooling?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Oh man, I was about to say that Natasha's seafood dish looked like it was a hit....finallly...then she took the legs out from under me with that bloody hand print. Wow, what a vile looking poor choice for creativity. I think I threw up a little in my mouth. It was creepy.

I wanted more than anything for her do that horrid dessert she does all over the table so the guests have to lick it off just to see the charter guests/boat crew's reaction.  They would have died laughing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

On WWHL Andy asked Dasiy if what she thought was the worse fail...Natasha's trouble with making eggs or the repeated dessert slapped on table. And Daisy said the eggs.

I also kind of liked this season. Liked that they all did well at their jobs. Glenn called them his dream team. I couldn't stand the hooking up stuff. But there has to be some drama since they all got along decently and could do their jobs decently. Daisy seems low on JL and Gary. I think that's more because of personal stuff and we, hopefully, will see why next Monday.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Wow, Daisy is a regular little blabber mouth.

Daisy & Alli are friends.  I'd certainly tell my friend that the guy she likes is a douchebag too.  Heck, Colin was so appalled by Gary's actions that he blabbed about it.

I really enjoyed the season and adore Captain Glen. I found myself hoping there'd be a teaser at the end of the episode that they'd filmed the entire crossover.  I'd watch Glen sail around the world, his cheesy grin is infectious. It was funny watching him keep an eye on the crew after giving permission for the one shot.

• Love 12

I can understand why Daisy told Allie but her timing was off.  She had know about it for a couple of days so why wait until their last dinner party when everyone was getting along. Maybe the next morning would have been more appropriate.  And as far as him saying that, he didn't do it.  He said it because he was mad/hurt and alcohol was involved.   He was talking out his ass.  And yes it was Collin that should have kept his mouth shut.  I am glad he owned that instead of being mad at Daisy.  Broke the Guy Code.  Or is it the Bro Code?

Hahaha.  The self journals from the crew that stayed onboard boat were funny.  Alli's slow descent into "I need space from Gary"  "Its like having a child.........."  I am glad her and what's her name (my mind is blank) are friends now.  Girl power!

• Love 5

I was impressed by Colin owning up to Gary about gossiping.  Just the fact that he said to Daisy he was mad at himself, not her was something we never see on Below Deck.

Natasha impressed me as well with her self reflection speech at dinner.  She acknowledged she was being defensive and that chefs can have an ego.  At the beginning of the season I was confused about how Daisy and the other stews have their Pita Party podcast with Natasha.  At first I had the impression that their relationship was strictly professional.  At the end of the season with Natasha's apology, I can see how they would remain friends.

Alli, Alli, Alli...if she was on with a different cast I think I would have not liked her from the start.  But the way she got along with the other girls, and how she separated the personal and professional relationship with Sydney had me like her.  And then she got upset that Sydney and Gary were going to room together on the Crossing.  Then we find out that SHE and Gary are rooming together.  Then why get all upset about Gary rooming with Sydney if you're just going to do the same thing? I gave up on her when she did her crossing confessional about how Gary was driving her crazy.  You chose that girl, so now you deal with it.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I loved this season and was laughing through most episodes. The post charter confessionals were hilarious! Watching Allie's descent into understanding and exasperation with Gary killed me! Each day her annoyance level increases and she reminds me of a new mother, exhausted and defeated. 

I'm pretty sure when Paget and Ciara worked with Captain Glen on his previous crossing, Ciara worked the interior. It wasn't until the filmed charter season started that she moved to exterior. 

Allie WANTED to be with Gary and found a way that despite his continuing bad behavior and words, she could still forgive him and get back to kissing him. I'm glad she had one fun evening with him before she found out how bad he was on the crossing. 
Why did they have to bunk in only twocabins? They have far more crew cabins and in the end, it's one more cabin for Allie to clean at the end of the crossing, right? 

Gary is insufferable! I get that he can flirt and seduce well, he's got that je ne sais quoi thing going on, but when it's time to talk about merely slightly difficult things, he deflects, walks away, blames the other person, etc. Anything but to engage on a real level, and Allie was desperate to connect and communicate on a deeper level. She was so ready to forgive him at every turn, but he almost always walked away, preferring to apologize in the morning. It wasn't until Daisy climbed into bed with Gary and Allie that he could get up and join the party. But I still don't think he really listened except to claim his continuing innocence. I would note that while Sidney being topless in a European locale isn't nearly as scandalous as the same thing in the US, Colin always refused to get into the hot tub because he didn't want his girlfriend to see him frolicking with other women (topless or not) in a hot tub. He always understood the dangers of how things look, regardless of the innocent intentions. Gary could learn a few things from Colin.
And damn, Sidney never had innocent intentions, she kept coming for Gary at every single opportunity she could find. Her flirting was not cute nor enticing. It was boring and obvious. That's what she offers, an obvious lay. 
I noticed that when she took off her dress inthe hot tub she commented that "You've both seen me naked ...." drawing attention once again that she slept with Gary. She commented something similar when she, Gary, and Allie went skinny dipping, that Gary had seen her naked before or she had seen him naked before. 
Keep driving home that fact girl! 
It's unfortunate that she's so sexually desperate because she is attractive and appears to be an excellent deckhand. It's hard to imagine her rising in the ranks to a level of leadership with her sexual desperation, but hey, sexually indiscriminate Gary did so why not Sidney?

Major props to Natasha for finally (finally!!!) realizing that Daisy was on her side. The goal was to make the guests happy and insure a good tip.

Speaking of the guests, they were really nice! I can't say enough nice things about them. They were grateful, appreciative, and curious about the differences between the two types of Big Boats. Most of them were exceeding good looking and I can't help but be appreciative of that (yes, I'm shallow)

Dani and JL, these quick, intense, location-based relationships are dazzling while you are in your cocoon but but I've never seen one last much past that idyllic time. From a friend who sold her house to move across the country to be with a guy she met at a singles resort in Jamaica, to a couple that married after a summer working at a camp/resort in the Rockies, all suffered after "real life" and all the boring, mundane world tasks cooled their former ardor and they were left with a person they hardly recognized. I'm not sure how close or far apart Dani and JL are emotionally or geographically, but IMO they will never be a long term, happily married couple. Dani's a firecracker and JL is .... well, he's a wet blanket. 
At the beginning of their courtship she said she's just having fun. I wish she could have kept it there. 

But in the end, I laughed a lot at these sillypeople and their silly dramas and their silly charter guests. This season was a win for me!

Edited by lcarolynl
Edited to clean up formatting problems and change a verb tense or two.
  • Love 9
(edited)

I can’t stop laughing at how Danni ran and told everyone about Frankenstein’s STD and wanted off the show bc she’s too good for it, and then she talks about having sex and unplanned babies. What a dumbass. 

Sidney looked pathetic sitting in the van trying to get Tarzan’s attention. Can’t the dummy get that he’s only into her when convenient. She has her boobs hanging and he’s still not interested. 

There is nothing attractive about Tarzan or Frankenstein. Collin on the other hand has class and manners. Appreciate how much he respects his GF during her absence. 

Captain is Glenn is a wonderful leader. Captain Sandy take notes. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 20
20 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Geez, Alli.  Way to stick to your guns for half an hour.

I guess it’s ok that Gary put bubble bath in the hot tub, since he’ll have to clean it up after everyone else leaves?

Glen was ok with the bubbles he said on WWHL.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

That was so repulsive! Was she going for a Wilson from Cast Away effect? I was so bored that I was hardly paying attention.

Thrilled this season is over (and I know, I'm in the minority). It was just hookups and drama. I did love the last episode, though - more of great guests and teamwork, and it would have been a terrific season.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

So glad this season is over.  

Me,too!  What a boring immature cast.  I've never fast forwarded so much in any season of the Below Deck franchise.  I can't believe they couldn't find someone more interesting and better looking than Gary and JL to be the love interests.  And even though the guests seemed to really love Natasha's meals, they always looked so unappealing to me.  Sydney so desperate for attention or affection was sad to watch.  Just a bad season.

• Love 6

They just trashed it the night before they left.  Run all over the boat while dripping from the bubble bath hot tub, don't shower, jump straight into bed.

And who cleaned up afterJL and Dani in the big cabin?  They were the first ones to leave too.

Either the cast didn't care a bit about Glen or the producers encouraged them and probably arranged for other cleaners to clean up after they left but before they sailed back towards Palma?

Whatever it takes to facilitate drunken shenanigans to be captured on camera.🙄

Gives the lie to all the talk about professionalism and respecting the rank and all the customs and rules in the industry.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

What an amazing venue for the last dinner.

And did Glen's contract state he didn't have to ride in those vans with the crew? If so, good call...

It was Fortress Klis, overlooking Split, Croatia including the coastline.

https://www.tvrdavaklis.com/?lang=en

There isn't a restaurant up there so either they catered it or maybe the castle offered to rent it with catering arranged.

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, snarts said:

Daisy & Alli are friends.  I'd certainly tell my friend that the guy she likes is a douchebag too.  Heck, Colin was so appalled by Gary's actions that he blabbed about it.

I really enjoyed the season and adore Captain Glen. I found myself hoping there'd be a teaser at the end of the episode that they'd filmed the entire crossover.  I'd watch Glen sail around the world, his cheesy grin is infectious. It was funny watching him keep an eye on the crew after giving permission for the one shot.

I have come around to team Glen too, he has such an easy likeable charm to him, he seems like a great boss.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, stcroix said:

And even though the guests seemed to really love Natasha's meals, they always looked so unappealing to me.

And she continued her complete avoidance of anything green on the plate. I guess the guests (like many human beings) really just want their meat and potatoes. (Lunch, after the curry soup-- and why was it spilled out of the fruit holder all over the plate?-- was, as I recall, wagu beef over some sort of mashed taters. That's it)

• Love 2
On 6/14/2021 at 7:43 AM, TazDevil said:

As long as it doesn't involve Mali and Sandy, I'd watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, snarts said:

I know, Colin was frequently telling Gary to not be a douche. I'm not sure why Daisy is the bad person here.

I love Captain Glen. I'd watch more of what he does.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, aghst said:

And who cleaned up afterJL and Dani in the big cabin?  They were the first ones to leave too.

If they didn't clean up after themselves they are even bigger assholes than I thought.

22 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I can understand why Daisy told Allie but her timing was off.  She had know about it for a couple of days so why wait until their last dinner party when everyone was getting along. Maybe the next morning would have been more appropriate. 

I agree that Daisy talking to Alli in the middle of dinner was a terrible idea. However, I have a feeling the timing wasn't really Daisy's fault. I suspect the producers intervened and made Daisy tell Alli at that exact time to create more drama.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Inga said:

I actually really liked this season! I loved everyone on board except Alli. I hated the first season, could not stand Georgia and that other drama queen stew. I much prefer these shows when they actually cast crew that know what they’re doing. I hate when they hire inexperienced crew just for the drama. It was great that Natasha admitted she was wrong in the end.  Of course i could’ve done without all the make out scenes with Dani and JL and i loved Sydney being totally insane! She’s crazy and I’m here for it 

Now that's how you do an apology/admission of having done wrong.  I have to admit that for most of the season I loathed Natasha, even after hearing that she'd supposedly already admitted to being wrong on an episode of Watch What Happens Live, because I had viewed her first appearance on that show when she wasn't the least bit sorry, so I refused to watch her again thinking that there's no way this leopard has changed her spots.

I have to say though, after listening to what she was saying as well as watching her face and body for possibly contradictory body language, I really do believe she was sincere.  She struck me as having been very introspective and thoughtful about how she'd behaved wrongly during the season, especially as regards Daisy, and in a very classy manner acknowledged that she had a chef's ego but didn't have to be that way as a human being.  My hats are off to her for her being able to show growth and maturity in how she spoke about her failings during the season.

And speaking of Daisy, IMHO Daisy was a fabulous chief stew.  She may not have the quick wit of Kate, but she has her own strengths that she brings to the chief stew table.  She's always upbeat and bubbly and giggly with the guests, who seem to like and appreciate her.  She's always "service with a smile".  She also had a great relationship and rapport with her under-stews.  It was said by Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live where Glenn and Daisy just recently appeared that Kate thinks Daisy is the best chief stew thus far, which is high praise.

Additionally, another person who was a class act from the very start of the season to the very end was Colin.  I really admire how he manned up and told Gary himself that he was the ones who had spilled the beans of what he had been planning to do as revenge for Alli briefly dumping him.  That guy is definitely a catch.  All season long he helped everybody and anybody who needed help, especially Natasha.  His girlfriend is one lucky girl.  My heart melted for him when he got the call about his beloved dog.  I FLOVE this guy!!!

After the horrible bru season and the most recent season of Captain C U Next Tuesday Sandy and bosun Malaria, I thought this season was a breath of fresh air.  Yes, the antics of the Gary, Sydney and Alli thruple did get tedious at times, but overall I enjoyed the season.

Edited by Xebug67
Changed with to wit
  • Love 21
37 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Now that's how you do an apology/admission of having done wrong.  I have to admit that for most of the season I loathed Natasha, even after hearing that she'd supposedly already admitted to being wrong on an episode of Watch What Happens Live, because I had viewed her first appearance on that show when she wasn't the least bit sorry, so I refused to watch her again thinking that there's no way this leopard has changed her spots.

I have to say though, after listening to what she was saying as well as watching her face and body for possibly contradictory body language, I really do believe she was sincere.  She struck me as having been very introspective and thoughtful about how she'd behaved wrongly during the season, especially as regards Daisy, and in a very classy manner acknowledged that she had a chef's ego but didn't have to be that way as a human being.  My hats are off to her for her being able to show growth and maturity in how she spoke about her failings during the season.

And speaking of Daisy, IMHO Daisy was a fabulous chief stew.  She may not have the quick wit of Kate, but she has her own strengths that she brings to the chief stew table.  She's always upbeat and bubbly and giggly with the guests, who seem to like and appreciate her.  She's always "service with a smile".  She also had a great relationship and rapport with her under-stews.  It was said by Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live where Glenn and Daisy just recently appeared that Kate thinks Daisy is the best chief stew thus far, which is high praise.

Additionally, another person who was a class act from the very start of the season to the very end was Colin.  I really admire how he manned up and told Gary himself that he was the ones who had spilled the beans of what he had been planning to do as revenge for Alli briefly dumping him.  That guy is definitely a catch.  All season long he helped everybody and anybody who needed help, especially Natasha.  His girlfriend is one lucky girl.  My heart melted for him when he got the call about his beloved dog.  I FLOVE this guy!!!

After the horrible bru season and the most recent season of Captain C U Next Tuesday Sandy and bosun Malaria, I thought this season was a breath of fresh air.  Yes, the antics of the Gary, Sydney and Alli thruple did get tedious at times, but overall I enjoyed the season.

Could not agree more with your last paragraph. Kate is my favorite but her last season was awful. And i cannot stand Malia and Capt Sandy—i can’t believe they are bringing them back for another season, it makes me not want to watch at all! Agree that Daisy is the best chief stew since Kate, i would like to see her come back. Sandy needs to go already!!!!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I can’t stop laughing at how Danni ran and told everyone about Frankenstein’s STD and wanted off the show bc she’s too good for it, and then she talks about having sex and unplanned babies. What a dumbass. 

Sidney looked pathetic sitting in the van trying to get Tarzan’s attention. Can’t the dummy get that he’s only into her when convenient. She has her boobs hanging and he’s still not interested. 

There is nothing attractive about Tarzan or Frankenstein. Collin on the other hand has class and manners. Appreciate how much he respects his GF during her absence. 

On Watch What Happens Live with Captain Glenn and Daisy, it was adorable how when he was asked about the lady's photo that was in his cabin, he said something along the lines of she was a very special/important person to him, and though he didn't elaborate any further, that response of his was perfect and too cute for words.  He had the biggest smile on his face when he said it too, and even though he's always smiling and pleasant, this was a different, "I've got a secret" kind of adorable smile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

In the past, during my handful of brief stints working in the hospitality industry, any time any other "in the biz" (as we called it) fellow hospitality workers came to our businesses they were always the BEST customers,

I worked in restaurants, and I tip well because people aren't paid enough, and I'm polite and not demanding.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I'm dreading the upcoming season of Below Deck Med.  They're starting to do their relentlessly annoying commercials to promote the start of that show's new season, and I was beyond disappointed when I saw that Captain C U Next Tuesday was back, but was relieved not to also see Bosun Malaria.  Unfortunately, that was only for a couple of the commercials.  Now Bosun Malaria is also being shown, expressing something about her now being "single" (so I guess that break-up with a-hole Chef Tom after last season ended is permanent and now she's going to have to eat s*** as she's no longer part of a "perfect couple" LOL).  Eff me, I don't know if I'll be able to watch, because I loathe them both with the heat of a thousand suns. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, stcroix said:

Me,too!  What a boring immature cast.  I've never fast forwarded so much in any season of the Below Deck franchise.  I can't believe they couldn't find someone more interesting and better looking than Gary and JL to be the love interests.  And even though the guests seemed to really love Natasha's meals, they always looked so unappealing to me.  Sydney so desperate for attention or affection was sad to watch.  Just a bad season.

I couldn't agree more.  I've never, ever seen more NOT eye-catching, unappetizing meals on any TV show.  Every time she got rave reviews from the charter guests I felt like I was being punked.  And except for the obnoxious rich Barry family and the eggs situation, didn't every guest rave about her food?  I honestly don't get it.  It boggles my mind.  And even further not in her favor is the fact that she couldn't get the crews meals out on time, though when asked on Watch What Happens Live which dish of Natasha's he didn't like/was the worst in terms of crew food, Glenn diplomatically answered that he couldn't pick a dish because they were all great (I'm totally paraphrasing here).  Maybe she is a good chef in terms of flavorful food, but she's definitely not the "whole package" insofar as presentation goes.

• Love 4

I’m not going to watch Captain Sandy’s latest shitshow, so this is it for me for a while.  Colin (is there something about that name?) wins the prize as most likeable, I’d watch Daisy again, I like the way Glenn expects people to act like adults, and the rest can take a long walk off of a short pier.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

On Watch What Happens Live with Captain Glenn and Daisy, it was adorable how when he was asked about the lady's photo that was in his cabin, he said something along the lines of she was a very special/important person to him, and though he didn't elaborate any further, that response of his was perfect and too cute for words.  He had the biggest smile on his face when he said it too, and even though he's always smiling and pleasant, this was a different, "I've got a secret" kind of adorable smile.

Aww, just reading this melted my heart. He’s the sweetest! 

• Love 3

Daisy turned down Glen for the crossing and she announced she got a chief stew job at her previous boat.

What is that about, maybe she's over with Bravo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, aghst said:

Daisy turned down Glen for the crossing and she announced she got a chief stew job at her previous boat.

Sadly, she might be. Not totally surprised, considering she seems super professional and great at her job. 

• Love 3
On 6/17/2021 at 7:05 PM, aghst said:

Not that the distinction matters but I think Glen intended to recommend Daisy for a chief stew job on another boat, not to remain on Parsifal for the crossing. 

• Love 1