Type keyword(s) to search

Kathy Hilton: Sister of Kyle, Mother of Paris, but . . . Likable?

• Start Topic

(edited)

I feel like Kathy's probably gotten to that stage in her life (I'm there!) where you want to be comfortable most of the time.  And if you're going to some bigass house at Lake Tahoe, you're STILL going to a LAKE house.  Comfy's?  You bet!  I've seen her look all put together at Dorit's .  

Other thing is, she's GOTTA get that eye situation under control!  Get some glasses... Get some cataract surgery.... SOMETHING.  You gotta be able to SEE for cryin' out loud!

Finally, WHO exactly is she supposed to impress in this bunch??

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I feel like Kathy's probably gotten to that stage in her life (I'm there!) where you want to be comfortable most of the time.  And if you're going to some bigass house at Lake Tahoe, you're STILL going to a LAKE house.  Comfy's?  You bet!  I've seen her look all put together at Dorit's .  

Other thing is, she's GOTTA get that eye situation under control!  Get some glasses... Get some cataract surgery.... SOMETHING.  You gotta be able to SEE for cryin' out loud!

Finally, WHO exactly is she supposed to impress in this bunch??

I can't see anymore either and keep putting off the eye dr.  I always had perfect vision until 50 then bam gone!

• Love 6

I’m behind on episodes so can’t comment on her housewife antics yet but i remember loving her personality on that Who wants to be a Hilton show and wished we were shown more of that instead of competition and faux society stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I know it’s probably kitten blood, unicorn tears, or something else insane, but I want to know what she uses for skin care, she glows! And yep, I know there’s a lot of plastic surgery.

• Love 2
On 6/19/2021 at 6:43 PM, dbell1 said:

I know it’s probably kitten blood, unicorn tears, or something else insane, but I want to know what she uses for skin care, she glows! And yep, I know there’s a lot of plastic surgery.

Yeah don't copy her too closely or you will look like Caitlin Jenner too!! 😂

• LOL 2
On 6/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, OdinO. said:

I can't see anymore either and keep putting off the eye dr.  I always had perfect vision until 50 then bam gone!

I was so excited after cataract surgery to be able to see when I open my eyes in the morning.....now I'm not so excited because I have to wear reading glasses, which I didn't need before. 6 of one, half dozen of the other!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/24/2021 at 8:05 AM, Koalagirl said:

Kathy was on WWHL last night with Crystal and she was an absolute hoot. It seems that she and Crystal are very close. 

She calmly admitted during one of the “games” that she was not able to fulfill Liza Minnelli’s request to bring Cole Porter’s piano into her home for a party because they could not fit it through any door or window.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I've never liked a new housewife as quickly as I started to like Kathy! She's so funny, and so much fun! I like how she doesn't take things too seriously. She seems down to earth which I didn't think she would. I'll take her over any of the sisters! 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Glama said:

I've never liked a new housewife as quickly as I started to like Kathy! She's so funny, and so much fun! I like how she doesn't take things too seriously. She seems down to earth which I didn't think she would. I'll take her over any of the sisters! 

I agree with all of this!! I honestly expected her to be worse than Kyle but nope, not even close!

• Love 7

I don't know much about the Hiltons (I know Paris and I'm about her age), but I expected Kathy to be an obnoxious snob, to say the least. 

This might be a whole different show if Kathy was the one who initially starred in the show vs. the other two. 

• Love 9
On 6/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

She calmly admitted during one of the “games” that she was not able to fulfill Liza Minnelli’s request to bring Cole Porter’s piano into her home for a party because they could not fit it through any door or window.

My favorite answer to one of the game questions was that 3 or 4 years ago she and her husband had sex in their car in a parking garage at a mall! She shocked the heck out of her daughter Nicky who was bartending and Kyle who was in the audience.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Koalagirl said:

My favorite answer to one of the game questions was that 3 or 4 years ago she and her husband had sex in their car in a parking garage at a mall! She shocked the heck out of her daughter Nicky who was bartending and Kyle who was in the audience.  

I finally watched, and Kathy was a hoot! She looked so pretty too. 

I wasn't a big fan of Paris due to different reasons. I cut her slack because she was very young when she got famous and had dealt with trauma. Nicky on the other hand always seemed very sweet and unproblematic to me. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I finally watched, and Kathy was a hoot! She looked so pretty too. 

I wasn't a big fan of Paris due to different reasons. I cut her slack because she was very young when she got famous and had dealt with trauma. Nicky on the other hand always seemed very sweet and unproblematic to me. 

If you can catch Paris’s documentary (might be on You Tube), you’ll get another perspective.  She is not the vapid character she presented to the public and she is wonderful to her loyal fans.  It was quite surprising.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Lil Kathy is unpretentious, unafraid to be comfortable and makeup free, a jokester who likes to keep it light, just an average middle aged gal who happens to be wealthy. On this show anyway. Her shiny side is fun to watch, but I don't believe for a second there's no rust under that paint job.

• Love 7

I liked Kathy from the start but I have to say I'm strongly disliking how she keeps going on with the Tomacina jokes. It's mean and seems intentional. Also, I don't buy her 'Who is Hunky Dory?' act. I'm from Finland and even I know the phrase. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, RealHousewife said:

I thought I'd post this just because I thought it was a great picture of all three sisters. They were such cuties! 

692240227cf2256e203560662967ccb5.jpg

Yeah, Kathy and Kim were adorable. Kyke looks like a little troll that would live under a bridge. Hey, I'm owning it people!

I loathe Kathy. She's playing the part of kooky sister with dumb comments that feel way to deliberate and planned. And I don't care for her penchant for constant shit stirring. It's clear that that's a Richard's family trait.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Kathy Hilton is the real MVP. She never fails to make me laugh. She seems quite out of it but can bring the zingers. And she looks like a wealthy bag lady. I love it.

I know she is partly putting on a show, but I still laugh, She does seem really out of it.

But, wealthy bag lady 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Plus: She’s on a RH show, but doesn’t give a @##&

Minus: She keeps stirring a pot unnecessarily (and frankly a topic which is getting really boring like puppygate and evil Denise).

• Love 8

So, I was curious as to her age vs Kyle’s, and had no idea they are half sisters. Apparently Kathy has a different Dad than Kim and Kyle, and has a lot of half-siblings from him.  Not that it matters with her and Kyle’s relationship…just new info to me!

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Throwback picture. I thought Kathy looked especially pretty here. Sorry the image is so big! If anyone knows how to shrink it a bit, let me know. :)

kathy-hilton-plastic-surgery-1990.jpg?re

Wow… Kathy looks so much like Kyle and Kim here… and I see Paris too. She is beautiful. Love the 80’s Dynasty look. Crystal said she was named for that show. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Wow… Kathy looks so much like Kyle and Kim here… and I see Paris too. She is beautiful. Love the 80’s Dynasty look. Crystal said she was named for that show. 

I'm not always a fan of all the sisters, but I think all three were blessed with great looks. I loved the 80s Dynasty look too! Vanderpump always looked like she just stepped out of a Dynasty set. lol

Yes, I remember that. :)

• Love 7
On 7/7/2021 at 4:16 PM, Koalagirl said:

If you can catch Paris’s documentary (might be on You Tube), you’ll get another perspective.  She is not the vapid character she presented to the public and she is wonderful to her loyal fans.  It was quite surprising.  

She made fun of herself by playing herself (sort of) on **Supernatural**. 

• Love 3

Kathy is my favorite. I am enjoying the interaction between Kyle and Kathy. She makes Kyle laugh. Kathy says things like, “ sometimes in life you have to show your cards” or something like that and Kyle says, “shut up Kathy” while laughing.  She is funny with a who gives a #%*\ attitude. Oh and I loved whe at the Paris party she said “ this is how I walk around Paris during the day - jeans and a blazer. Everyone else was in dresses. Love Kathy!

• Love 8

Yeah obviously some of it is put on like the whole hunky dory thing but I don’t care. I think there’s a bit of a wink wink there from her.  I like her vibe, it’s refreshing and she’s entertaining. Also I do enjoy her and Kyle together too. 

• Love 8

I have decided that Kathy's voice reminds me of Romy or was it Michelle from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.

I also love the fact that while Dorit and the others are spending tons (or borrowing the clothes) on luxury labels Kathy is just dressing normally, might have a few labels in her closet but nothing obvious, I don't get the impression she cares about Gucci as much as the other HW's and dares to eat tacos from Del Taco! Kathy has the funds to import tacos from South America, dress in head to toe designer clothes but does it does not seem important to her.  She probably has some nice vintage designer things that never go out of style, good jewelry she never wears in bank vault and does not bother spending money on trends. 

• Love 6
On 7/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, Glama said:

I liked Kathy from the start but I have to say I'm strongly disliking how she keeps going on with the Tomacina jokes. It's mean and seems intentional. Also, I don't buy her 'Who is Hunky Dory?' act. I'm from Finland and even I know the phrase. 

She's unpretentious, doesn't have to be with all those billion$. Her jokes are funny because they're ignorant; I'm laughing at her not with her- she's just not very smart.  But she has nothing to prove, so being low IQ suits her fine.

I do think her lack of acuity and cognition will cause problems, but no one will dare go against her - money rules! She'll get worse, much worse; count on it.... she'll not be supercilious or self-aggrandizing, but we'll eventually see how unkind she is.

Edited by Prism
left out a word
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have decided that Kathy's voice reminds me of Romy or was it Michelle from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.

I also love the fact that while Dorit and the others are spending tons (or borrowing the clothes) on luxury labels Kathy is just dressing normally, might have a few labels in her closet but nothing obvious, I don't get the impression she cares about Gucci as much as the other HW's and dares to eat tacos from Del Taco! Kathy has the funds to import tacos from South America, dress in head to toe designer clothes but does it does not seem important to her.  She probably has some nice vintage designer things that never go out of style, good jewelry she never wears in bank vault and does not bother spending money on trends. 

The Dorit woman is laughable! Designers splash their names on clothing special for people like her. People with real money don't flaunt designer names. And those ugly retro get-ups! Designers make a certain line and number of garments for people with bad taste - it's all about money & they're not leaving money on the table. If she'd stick to elegant and tailored clothing she'd be fine - she sure has the body for showing off well designed clothing!

Remember Dorit and her homely tax-evading husband are in a ton of trouble for tax evasion. Dorit pretends it's long ago history. Not.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, Prism said:

She's unpretentious, doesn't have to be with all those billion$. Her jokes are funny because they're ignorant; I'm laughing at her not with her- she's just not very smart.  But she has nothing to prove, so being low IQ suits her fine.

I do think her lack of acuity and cognition will cause problems, but no one will dare go against her - money rules! She'll get worse, much worse; count on it.... she'll not be supercilious or self-aggrandizing, but we'll eventually see how unkind she is.

^THIS, all of it^ For me, Kathy Hilton is a big act, Paris learned how to act like a dumb blond from her mother I presume. And she may have perfected it, but mommy dearest is the originator. I don't think she's as clueless as she pretends to be, her pretending to be dumb and out of it plays into nothing sticking to her because hey, she had no idea...about anything! AFAIC, it's an act, and I get more turned off by her each episode. And not for nothing BUT, a Ho might get one season's grace but make no mistake, she'll be under the shitty editing thumb if she sticks around for another season. One thing that humors me, is that knowing both Kyle and Kathy are on the Howives must be driving ol Kim batty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, gingerella said:

^THIS, all of it^ For me, Kathy Hilton is a big act, Paris learned how to act like a dumb blond from her mother I presume. And she may have perfected it, but mommy dearest is the originator. I don't think she's as clueless as she pretends to be, her pretending to be dumb and out of it plays into nothing sticking to her because hey, she had no idea...about anything! AFAIC, it's an act, and I get more turned off by her each episode. And not for nothing BUT, a Ho might get one season's grace but make no mistake, she'll be under the shitty editing thumb if she sticks around for another season. One thing that humors me, is that knowing both Kyle and Kathy are on the Howives must be driving ol Kim batty.

I actually think it’s the other way around. Kathy saw how successful the clueless rich girl/woman act worked for Paris and is now emulating it in her own reality TV career. It’s clearly working because Kathy had been garnering a lot of praise this season. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6