Type keyword(s) to search

Kathy Hilton: Sister of Kyle, Mother of Paris, but . . . Likable?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

The dress is beautiful. I am guessing it wasn't done by Dorit?

I actually thought “Dorit’s” Wedding Dresses were beautiful- but I highly doubt Dorit had anything whatsoever to do with any of the design.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, chlban said:

So, the rumor is Kathy, of all people, wants more money. My guess would be she has bern busy with the wedding but time will tell, I suppose. https://pagesix.com/2021/11/12/kathy-hilton-reportedly-wants-more-money-to-appear-on-rhobh/

Two things:

1. She is weighing her unexpected popularity and leveraging it, as other housewives (and friends of) before her.

2. Page Six also said Chris Evans as People’s sexiest man when it was actually Paul Rudd….

(Why is this still even a thing? just my personal thing

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I actually thought “Dorit’s” Wedding Dresses were beautiful- but I highly doubt Dorit had anything whatsoever to do with any of the design.

I have no idea, but I agree about the dresses being nice and actually really like Dorit's fashion when she chills on the logos. 

4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Two things:

1. She is weighing her unexpected popularity and leveraging it, as other housewives (and friends of) before her.

Yeah Kathy doesn't need the show. She doesn't seem particularly interested in fame and being on TV. She's already very rich. I don't blame her if she's not thrilled to return at any cost. It is actually kind of nice to leave on a good note and perhaps show up to the odd event as a guest or something. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chlban said:

So, the rumor is Kathy, of all people, wants more money. My guess would be she has bern busy with the wedding but time will tell, I suppose. https://pagesix.com/2021/11/12/kathy-hilton-reportedly-wants-more-money-to-appear-on-rhobh/

What does she have to lose by asking? I mean, if they saw fit to give Erika a raise… I wouldn’t call her a “breakout” star, but she was often a welcome relief from the constant drama. I can see why she’s popular with fans, who are sick and tired of just about everybody else in that franchise.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m so disappointed in Kathy. She was a welcome and comic relief to the show as a friend of, but wanting more money when she does not need it is greedy. 

Somehow the fact that Erika getting a (hefty and much undeserved) raise bothers me more than Kathy asking for one. If Bravo turns Kathy down, really no harm no foul. She can either accept it and come back, or leave. Erika should just leave. IMO, Kathy really didn’t add much this season, but even that is kind of an unfair criticism. Erika sucked the oxygen out of just about every episode.

This just may be the usual agent’s “let’s-see-how-much-we-can-get-out-of-‘em” ploy.

• Love 12

It bothers me too that Erika got a raise and continues to film, it’s like rewarding a criminal, just like Teresa on New Jersey. Although Tre did her jail time. But I understand Satan Andy and Bravo, why did most people watch this season? To see the drama and shitshow with Erika. It made for good TV and they made money because rating were high. 
Just my opinion but If it hadn’t been for the Erika story what would they have focused on all season? Sutton and Crystal going back and forth about naked sightings and ugly pants? Erika’s story was more interesting to some people. Sad, but that’s what society has become with these reality TV shows. 

• Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 9:30 PM, Stats Queen said:

I liked Dorit's dresses better than Paris' - it's just a little too much.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Straycat80 said:

It bothers me too that Erika got a raise and continues to film, it’s like rewarding a criminal, just like Teresa on New Jersey. Although Tre did her jail time. But I understand Satan Andy and Bravo, why did most people watch this season? To see the drama and shitshow with Erika. It made for good TV and they made money because rating were high. 
Just my opinion but If it hadn’t been for the Erika story what would they have focused on all season? Sutton and Crystal going back and forth about naked sightings and ugly pants? Erika’s story was more interesting to some people. Sad, but that’s what society has become with these reality TV shows. 

My question is, why will we be watching her next season?  I get why she was good for ratings this season, but I don't get why she's so valuable now that the shock and awe of what happened is over.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, princelina said:

My question is, why will we be watching her next season?  I get why she was good for ratings this season, but I don't get why she's so valuable now that the shock and awe of what happened is over.

Just a guess here but to see the continuing drama because so much happened after the reunion, all the legal stuff is ongoing. Nothing has been to court yet. To see the, hopefully, conclusion of all these lawsuits and the victims getting Justice. 
For me personally, this is the only HW franchise aside from Salt Lake, that I watch since NYC is on pause. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, princelina said:

I liked Dorit's dresses better than Paris' - it's just a little too much.

I'll be watching. I love glamour, so I'll probably always watch RHBH. The only other Housewives I watched were Dallas, which is canceled, and I think Miami is returning on Peacock, so not sure if I'll want to bother with that.

I've never watched the show for just one cast member. For me it's beautiful women in Beverly Hills living fabulous lifestyles with some drama. Not the Erika or LVP or Kyle or whatever show. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'll be watching. I love glamour, so I'll probably always watch RHBH. The only other Housewives I watched were Dallas, which is canceled, and I think Miami is returning on Peacock, so not sure if I'll want to bother with that.

I've never watched the show for just one cast member. For me it's beautiful women in Beverly Hills living fabulous lifestyles with some drama. Not the Erika or LVP or Kyle or whatever show. 

I agree with that - I was curious about the Erika fallout too, but now we pretty much know what happened; I know it will probably be dragging through the courts for the next several seasons, but as far as Erika's presence on the show it will just be more of her acting beleaguered and lying about what's going on, so that won't be a draw for me next. year.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, princelina said:

d; I know it will probably be dragging through the courts for the next several seasons, but as far as Erika's presence on the show it will just be more of her acting beleaguered and lying about what's going on, so that wo

And pretending to be a nice person and friend. 

• Love 8
On 11/12/2021 at 5:23 PM, ChitChat said:

I only watched a few episodes of this season (mostly to see the Erika Jayne drama unfold), but I wanted to say that Paris's wedding dress is beautiful.    I thought that Kathy was a nice addition to the show.  Do you all want her back for another season?  Again, I only saw a few shows, so I didn't see a lot of her.  She seemed kind of quiet and in the background.  

🤔Interesting choice of a dress to wear to a wedding by this person:

9F8A2BE5-6D75-4BAF-8B0A-139F3C3EBEA4.jpeg

• LOL 8

I'm not the type to need someone to be perfectly woke. For example, Sutton is a favorite of mine. But using a slur like that is unacceptable, no matter how upset you are. As a Kathy fan, I'm really hoping this isn't true. :( 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm not the type to need someone to be perfectly woke. For example, Sutton is a favorite of mine. But using a slur like that is unacceptable, no matter how upset you are. As a Kathy fan, I'm really hoping this isn't true. :( 

I’m not ever one to pull out the pitchfork and try to “cancel” anyone, but there are certain words that are not slip ups, they are not accidentally used, they are purposely hateful and cruel.

• Love 10
(edited)

It does appear that Kathy has fallen victim of the second year curse. I wonder if Sutton's assistant appears on air or if he's in the background, possibly saving Kathy's eventual edit.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Rogue comma!
  • Love 3

People really need to stop using woke like it's a bad thing.

Granted, the definition seems to have changed, so maybe I'm out of touch with things...

wwww-the-word-woke.png?w=1300

It does appear that Kathy has fallen victim of the second year curse

Yes and no? I mean, what would have happened had she said it during her first season?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

People really need to stop using woke like it's a bad thing.

Granted, the definition seems to have changed, so maybe I'm out of touch with things...

wwww-the-word-woke.png?w=1300

Yes and no? I mean, what would have happened had she said it during her first season?

I wasn't using as a negative. It is a positive. I was saying I don't expect people to be perfectly woke, though they should strive to be. 

For me there is a difference between not knowing better and using a hateful slur. That's why I mentioned Sutton. Sutton is not someone I consider woke. I cringed during her conversation regarding race with Crystal. But I think she's a good person and didn't mean to offend anyone. Calling a man the f word? You can't blame that on ignorance. 

• Love 6
(edited)

One thing I will give Sutton is that she does at least, as we saw later in the season and from interviews off the show, seem willing to look back at what she said and did and is willing to learn from that and become a better person, and even admit at times she may have been wrong. We can't say that about everyone. 

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 10
Just now, Hiyo said:

One thing I will give Sutton is that she does at least, as we saw later in the season and from interviews off the show, seem willing to look back at what she said and did and is willing to learn from that and become a better person, and even admit at times she may have bring wrong. We can't say that about everyone. 

Exactly! She was also one of the few who was kind to Garcelle. Actions speak louder than words. 

Garcelle, Sutton and Kathy were my faves. Maybe since most of the housewives disappoint after a season or two, we should just start automatically swapping them out. lol

• Love 1

I am really really trying to understand why uttering a word can get you fired but stealing from widows, orphans and burn victims or senior citizens affords you "innocent until proven guilty"

Saying a word that is horrible is awful but calling Sutton a S**** F**** C**** is just as nasty.  Not supporting Kathy in using a term that most people feel is derogatory but also pointing out the hypocrisy of saying something versus actually STEALING.

• Love 10

Kathy is rumored to treat staff and such horribly.  She's done a good job of playing ditzy on RHBH and may get away with saying something like "Oh, my good gay friends tell me the F word is just fine."

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 7:13 AM, Slakkie said:

I am really really trying to understand why uttering a word can get you fired but stealing from widows, orphans and burn victims or senior citizens affords you "innocent until proven guilty"

Saying a word that is horrible is awful but calling Sutton a S**** F**** C**** is just as nasty.  Not supporting Kathy in using a term that most people feel is derogatory but also pointing out the hypocrisy of saying something versus actually STEALING.

You are absolutely right. This drives me crazy about Bravo. You can be the biggest asshole and even criminal and keep your job, so long as you're not racist or homophobic. 

• Love 8
On 3/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, Slakkie said:

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

You are absolutely right. This drives me crazy about Bravo. You can be the biggest asshole and even criminal and keep your job, so long as you're not racist or homophobic. 

Lately it looks like Bravo purposely hires people in trouble with the law - makes for good tv, they must think - but there’s likely a clause in the contract about no racist, homophobic, etc., etc. comments or behavior.

• Love 4
On 3/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, RealHousewife said:

On 3/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, nexxie said:

Lately it looks like Bravo purposely hires people in trouble with the law - makes for good tv, they must think - but there’s likely a clause in the contract about no racist, homophobic, etc., etc. comments or behavior.

I just do not get it and I am NOT condoning racism or homophobia but screw over widow, orphans, burn victims and old people that's all cool - then we use the whole "innocent until proven guilty". It seems so odd to me.  And personally I think calling someone a "nasty F***ing C***" is equally horrific but then again I guess that pays the bills.

• Love 6

15 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

I just do not get it and I am NOT condoning racism or homophobia but screw over widow, orphans, burn victims and old people that's all cool - then we use the whole "innocent until proven guilty". It seems so odd to me.  And personally I think calling someone a "nasty F***ing C***" is equally horrific but then again I guess that pays the bills.

I detest racism and homophobia because they hurt people, but so do a lot of things. For example, spreading malicious gossip can hurt. That hasn't resulted in any firings either. 

I found this.

https://realityblurb.com/2022/03/22/report-rhobh-stars-erika-jayne-and-kathy-hilton-are-feuding-over-slur-allegation-where-they-stand-today-as-insider-claims-kathy-quit-soon-after/

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

It’s just about profits, period. If they don’t break their contracts, it’s all good as far as Bravo is concerned.

• Love 6
On 11/13/2021 at 11:41 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think Kathy brings enough to the show to warrant a pay rise or probably what they’re paying her already, but I’d rather her stay than Kyle any day. 

I think Kathy is fun. Better than Kyle for sure. 

Just heard her say "these sea lions need to go get a room"🤣

and "the toe with the camel's back"😁

Edited by Lana99
  • Love 3
(edited)

Having just watched Paris in Love I can safely say Kathy is a monster. I can’t believe how differently I feel about her now. So controlling and competitive with her adult daughters. Oh 

Edited by Maire
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 7:42 PM, emma675 said:

It was created by Oscar de la Renta, definitely not Dorit. Paris looked gorgeous but there was definitely something different about her face.

Paris Hilton had at least one nose job, buccal fat removal, an eye lift, and blepharoplasty (she always looked sleepy before), botox to her jaw muscles, and lip fillers years ago. I think she had a face lift, and a fox eye job before the wedding. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
46 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Hmm, interesting. Kathy gets how narcissists behave - wonder if she has connected that to Big Kathy.

https://www.realitytea.com/2022/05/31/kathy-hilton-shades-an-unnamed-narcissist-in-cryptic-social-media-post/

I genuinely believe that, deep down, all three sisters knew Big Kathy was a narc, but she was still their mom and two of the three only wanted "the good" to be said about her.

I think Kyle's the only daughter who's talks about how complicated their mother was. For that, I give her credit.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I genuinely believe that, deep down, all three sisters knew Big Kathy was a narc, but she was still their mom and two of the three only wanted "the good" to be said about her.

I think Kyle's the only daughter who's talks about how complicated their mother was. For that, I give her credit.

It’s such a sad family saga - if all three sisters had allowed themselves to get real about Big Kathy and her impact on them (for better and worse), they would have freed themselves to be trusting and close as sisters.

Narcissistic mothers use divide-and-conquer tactics from the beginning precisely to keep true bonding from happening so that the mother remains in control and at the center of everything - like a deadly spider.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

and two of the three only wanted "the good" to be said about her.

Really I thought Kim rightfully notes, often, how she was the breadwinner of her family, aka was exploited as a kid, like who's fault is that except Big Kathy?  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, blixie said:

Really I thought Kim rightfully notes, often, how she was the breadwinner of her family, aka was exploited as a kid, like who's fault is that except Big Kathy?  

I remember Kim talking about being the breadwinner which, if I recall correctly, Kyle said that wasn't true and that their father supported them. He wasn't MIA. IIRC, when their parents divorced, their dad moved into a nearby house.

I don't remember, specifically, Kim saying her mother exploited her. I'm sure she was talking about more than just her mother in that case. A lot of child actors from back then were abused by higher ups in the Industry and were fucked up as a result.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Surrealist said:

A lot of child actors from back then were  ARE abused by higher ups in the Industry and were/are fucked up as a result.

The child actor abuse continues today.

I think Kim was abused both at home by Big Kathy, as the breadwinner, and likely behind closed doors in the industry.

Kathy (Hilton) acts like she was Big Kathy's Golden Child, whereas Kim was the Scapegoat.  This makes Kyle the Forgotten Child, which sounds about right, given the amount of attention she constantly seeks.

Classic Narcissistic Mother/Gaslighting environment.

In Kathy's current world (I believe she, too, is a Narcissist):

Paris = Scapegoat & Forgotten (sent to that horrid, abusive treatment center and literally left there).  A strange combination of Attention seeking + Motherly love seeking + Romantic Love seeking = very childlike.  

Have you watched "Paris in Love", and Paris' documentary?  Explains a lot.

Nicky = Golden

Conrad = Forgotten

Baron = Really Forgotten

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 6