Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers. Stay on topic. No generalizations across entire groups. No personal politics. Do not discuss anything political not specifically mentioned on the show.

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I've posted here before that I'm not a Leah hater, but she was exhausting.  

I do think that Heather being back feels so inorganic and forced that she's irritating me this time around.  I loved her first run with RHONY.  

She clearly thinks being around Diddy and Beyonce qualifies her as understanding the black experience.  And then she makes her misstep with "articulate" after coaching the gang on how to talk to black people.  

So I wondered if Leah was around that all day long whether she just was so irritated by Heather that she used any old excuse to go after her.  Because the voting thing makes zero sense since Leah freely offered up her not voting.  The best I can do is figure that Leah is feeling the way Ramona did when Heather first came around -- highly annoyed by her all knowingness.

Leah should start drinking again.  She was louder and destructive, but amusing in a strange way.  I hate sober Leah.  Kidding.   Not kidding.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, J80134 said:

Racism is real, but I don't want to hear about it on a show that I watch to escape the real world. The same storyline is happening on BH, which makes it feel like bravo is very intentionally trying use racism for a controversial plot. 

Leah is such a punk ass 14 year old. Go to your room and don't come out until you can behave, Hannah Montana. 

Again with the education comparison that gets howives of any franchises panties in a knot. How about the ladies do an IQ test? I know a lot of people of average intelligence with degrees, but Mensa membership is exclusive. 

Overall, I'm pretty bored with this season, as is shown with the very limited amount of snark I can muster. 

OMG .. I was just thinking the same thing as I’m watching BH repeat.  It’s on tonight, and here we go again.  I can’t take the stress.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Momofgreengables said:

On one hand, Ebony is constantly “educating” the other Housewives; but then as soon as they lean into it and ask for more help understanding (or being “educated”), she throws her hands up and says it’s not her job to educate them. 

It’s not any of our jobs to educate anyone else. Read and listen. Educate yourself! If I’m telling you something is racist or micro aggressions, then you’re not learning that for yourself nor do you understand why we feel how we feel. You just know what someone told you. 
And really, what’s the point of trying to educate? There’s education all up and through this thread, yet, here we are.

Some people are so hell bent on telling us what is or isn’t instead of researching and seeing what it really is. 

Edited by FancyNancy
I should really take proof reading seriously 🙃
  • Love 21
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think it’s interesting that they often believe they have a right to become more upset if a guest offends them in their homes. If someone truly offends me, it will offend me to the same degree, whether it’s in my home or standing next to a dumpster.

ETA: Maybe it’s a nod to The Godfather:  In MY HOME! ... where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.

I actually get that in a way.  Not for every possible comment that might offend, but I'm thinking of an episode or two ago in which Leah was yelling about how much of a bitch Ramona is at the exact same moment she was literally rummaging through Ramona's refrigerator.  If you hate your hostess so much, maybe stop helping yourself to her food.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Whose dog was in the hall wearing the neon orange bows? That was really cute; the dog seemed worried about Leah.

That cutie is Ramona's Shih Tzu, Coco (a 'Grande Dame' now at 17 yrs old or so).  Am not sure how much the editing had to do with Coco's bewildered 'take' on the craziness, but Shih Tzu are very attuned to distress amongst their 'human clan,'  (PS. Humorous note: I just took my own Shih Tzu to our NYC groomer, and when I picked her up, she, too, had her topknot divided by two red ribbons.)  😄  Come to think of it, my UWS grooming spot has a branch right across town on the UES.  Maybe it's the 'new look' for Shih Tzu!  😁 

• Love 11

Folks, 
We are talking about very difficult topics.  We have quite a bit of disagreement which is absolutely fine.  There is no requirement here that we all agree. 

With that said, we should talk about what happened and the people on the show, not our fellow posters or issues outside of the ones discussed.  We are losing that focus.  Additionally some of the discussion is right on the line of uncivil. 

Also, the episode thread is not the place to discuss all issues around race.  That can happen in the Small Talk thread.

If someone's posts routinely get under your skin, please use the Ignore Feature.  If you need any help with that, please PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  As always, we do not discuss mod actions in the forums. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

It’s not any of our jobs to educate anyone else. Read and listen. Educate yourself! If I’m telling you something is racist or micro aggressions, then you’re not learning that for yourself nor do you understand why we feel how we feel. You just know what someone told you. 
And really, what’s the point of trying to educate? There’s education all up in through this thread, yet here we are.

Some people are so hell bent on telling us what is or isn’t instead of researching and seeing what it is. 

I don’t think any of the Housewives mean this literally — that they think it’s anyone else’s job to educate them. It’s simply become the new phrase that Housewives, and probably people all over, use in response to being told that they’ve just said something offensive. They’re scared to offend any more or scared to be seen as if they’re not an ally or empathetic; so they use this word to signal that they’re open to learning more about the other person’s point of view. 

• Love 10
(edited)
12 hours ago, Momofgreengables said:

I don’t think any of the Housewives mean this literally — that they think it’s anyone else’s job to educate them. It’s simply become the new phrase that Housewives, and probably people all over, use in response to being told that they’ve just said something offensive. They’re scared to offend any more or scared to be seen as if they’re not an ally or empathetic; so they use this word to signal that they’re open to learning more about the other person’s point of view. 

It’s hard for everyone and I get that, but a person can say the sky is green and you (general) wouldn’t know otherwise until you looked for yourself. To me, if a person wants to know, they’d take the time to research like they would do anything else. I personally don’t have an issue talking to my friends about it because they take the time to look into it themselves and then come talk to me. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I just wish that Sonja would have caught a fish so she could educate the rest of the Housewives.

Because if you give a Housewife a fish she would shriek, but if you teach her to fish she could be a useful member of society.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

How did Leah get cast with this group when she so clearly does not fit?  I think it's because she's friends with Madonna's daughter Lourdes.  (which tells me all I need to know about Lourdes...) Andy must be salivating at the thought of a Lourdes sighting on the show-- and especially a MADONNA! I'm afraid we may never get rid of Leah.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I’m so sad what has happened to this show.  It’s all about Leah throwing tantrums and Eboni getting offended at every turn.  I thought it was rude of Eboni to tell Ramona that she wasn’t going to eat her dinner, but she was ordering out, in her words, comfort food.  Then she went off to her room.   I don’t think she really wants to gel with the cast.  She mentioned in her first episode that she had never hung out with so many white women.  She knew that coming in, but still acts like it’s a surprise.  Why even say that?  She also misrepresented what Luanne said...she did not call her an angry black woman, and she misrepresented what Heather said regarding Leah voting.  She also misrepresented how she referred to her education during the argument.  Between those two, there is nothing remotely fun to watch.  Why join a show that you appear very uncomfortable to be on? She’s twice checked out in the evening without staying and getting to know the cast.  It’s too bad she picked Leah, but misery loves company.  I understand that racism is a serious issue, but it isn’t something I need to hear about the entire show.  I can watch any news show or read articles to educate myself.  Eboni is a gorgeous woman, and I wanted to know more about her other than she was a POC.  I can see that.  I wanted to get to know her as a person.  I wasn’t impressed in the first episode when she judged her bf/fiancé for wanting to be with his children during Covid.  She is waaayyy too self absorbed for me, and hasn’t really been fun to watch.

Lean is just bat shit crazy.  It seemed to me that her mother sighed sadly when Leah said she was heading straight there from the Hamptons.  I watched my beloved DH die last year and I never treated anyone like Leah is doing.  It makes me sick that they are sympathizing with her and letting her use it as an excuse.  I had a feeling the season wasn’t going to go very well when I saw how Leah was going after Heather from the get go.  She is very threatened by Heather.  I applaud Heather for trying to get the ladies to talk and work things out.  I would have gone to bed and let them work it out.  Of course, some things she said seemed to have offended viewers and it was no surprise that Eboni was offended, but at least Heather tried.  I miss the old days of Ramona ordering an air conditioner to be delivered to Heather’s Berkshires cabin after asking if the cabin was the garage.  But nothing has ever felt as viscious as this season. 

What in the fresh hell was Leah wearing on the fishing trip?  Was that three pair of pants?  She is just trashy.....inside and out.  Sadly, the whole episode was about Leah being a bitch and Eboni being offended.  No fun scenes at all.  I’m not sure how long I can watch this cluster.  We haven’t really watched a fun night yet with the ladies.

I get the feeling that Ramona, Sonja and Lu are exhausted from it all.  We heard so little from them this episode.  I wish they were not having an inauguration party....it was boring when Carole did it, and I loved her on the show, and it’s going to just add more hard feelings to this already hard to watch show.  This is my fave franchise, so I am so disappointed.  If Leah returns next season, I will not even tune in.  This franchise needs another full time cast member.  I wish Bethenny would have stayed.....and at this point, I miss Dorinda.  Even with her drunken anger, there were funny moments to watch.

Ramona’s house is gorgeous, but I like Lu’s better.  

Edited by ButterQueen
Grammar\addition
  • Love 23
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Meanwhile the way Leah pronounces "Karen" all I can hear is Henry Hill 😄 

I wonder what her talent is going to be for the Halloween pageant. If she sits in a chair and lip syncs Don't Cry Out Loud, she might win back some points with me. 

And that concludes my obscure movie references for this episode.

DDG? 😂

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Momager said:

Please recognize that your black and brown brothers and sisters can't decide to just be “over it” when we face it on a REGULAR basis.

Last post from me, I'm sorry you face institutional racism.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I cannot stand Leah. She is so exhausting to watch. I cannot imagine how exhausting she is to be around in real life. I have been rewatching season seven and even though the ladies have their disagreements it still was fun to watch. Also, I liked the dynamic between the ladies in most of the past seasons, while I may not have always liked the what the cast said and did during those seasons, my like/dislike of them varied from scene to scene and episode to episode. There use to be fun and amusing moments in this show between the drama. Leah is one outburst after another. I would have liked TPTB to have added more cast members than just Eboni, if they were going to keep Leah around. Maybe a bigger cast would have limited Leah's constant outbursts and drama. I wish Eboni would get out of Leah's orbit, because Leah drags everyone down. I do not feel like any of the current cast will take Leah to task over her behavior. I wish they would.

Unfortunately I think any new cast members would’ve been brought in through Leah and allied with her. And while Ebony has a different personality, I dread the thought that another Leah adjacent member would be Leah 2.0. I can only co-sign with everyone else that I can’t stand her. And her tantrums aren’t even real imo. She just waits for something and you can almost see the light bulb go off over her head. The limo was the perfect example. Such a staged flouncing off. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

How did Leah get cast with this group when she so clearly does not fit?  I think it's because she's friends with Madonna's daughter Lourdes.  (which tells me all I need to know about Lourdes...) Andy must be salivating at the thought of a Lourdes sighting on the show-- and especially a MADONNA! I'm afraid we may never get rid of Leah.  

Isn't Lourdes in her early 20s?   Why is she hanging out with a  38 year old who is a mother to a 12 year old?   On the other hand, why is someone 23 hanging out with such an immature crazy bitch?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Isn't Lourdes in her early 20s?   Why is she hanging out with a  38 year old who is a mother to a 12 year old?   On the other hand, why is someone 23 hanging out with such an immature crazy bitch?

I don’t think they’re friends in the traditional sense. Leah is friends with people like Cat Marnell. She has a lot of social connections but has shown herself having very few real friends.  From her podcasts, writing, I don’t think she has many deep friendships. 
Debi Mazar from their kids going to school together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Eboni: Heather..blah blah..black culture..overfamiliarizes...blah blah... makes me slightly uncomfortable.

Is there anything that doesn’t make her slightly uncomfortable?

Leah, Ramona’s problem with you is not that you talk about sex so much. It’s that you use incredibly vulgar language to discuss it.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Debi Mazar from their kids going to school together. 

I wonder if that is how she knows Lourdes because Debi has known her since she was born and is BFF with her mom.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if that is how she knows Lourdes because Debi has known her since she was born and is BFF with her mom.

Could be! I thought of that then wondered if it was more of a PR invite thing. I know there was a social media push to get Lil Kim to attend Leah’s party. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Not a huge Heather fan but I felt terrible for her when Leah went off in the limo.  Leah is so wrong for this show.  Heather should have told the production company to shove her apple up their asses, taken off her mic and left.  No money is worth that sort of bullshit.

I have never in my life seen a grown woman act the way Leah acted towards Heather, whom she didn't even know.    I felt badly for Heather too.   

• Love 21
9 hours ago, J80134 said:

Leah is such a punk ass 14 year old. Go to your room and don't come out until you can behave, Hannah Montana. 

😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

With all due respect, as a fellow Italian American (on my mother's side, and a Sicilian Italian American on my grandmother's side), the bias and discrimination that Italian Americans faced stopped a LONG time ago. And while Italian Americans did face violence against them in the early 20th century, it's been about a hundred years since they faced the kind of danger that many Black Americans still face today.

The stereotypes about Italian Americans aren't great, but they don't have the same social impacts that Black Americans continue to face in American society. (And not for nothing but the Sopranos was itself a product of an Italian American writer and producer and The Godfather was the product of an Italian American writer and director. Those were attempts by Milch and Coppola to reclaim the Italian American experience and interpret it).

Point being, someone like Eboni faces way more discrimination on a daily basis, IMO, than you or I ever will. She's not reacting to violence perpetrated against her community a century ago or historic microaggressions. She's talking about stuff that happens to her and people she knows today. It's pretty easy to tell someone not to be triggered when you aren't used to hearing the kind of aggressions, microaggressions, and more that someone like Eboni hears way more on the regular than you or I. 

Thank you. Just, thank you.

• Love 16

Eboni's resume is impressive. Media personality and lawyer.

Yet she chose to be a housewife.

I think Andy is crazy these days, Leah and Eboni - racism and anger and no fun on the show....

What is his point?

I would like to thing he could have given Leah time off for her dying grandmother except neither seemed to discuss that.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I just get the feeling that Leah really doesn't give a care or thought to voting, politics or anything other than being an attention seeking, mean-girl shreiking harpy.

If something doesn't affect her life directly, I don't think Leah gives a shit.

Which, ironically, is the exact definition of a Karen.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would go as far as to say that Leah is even crazier than Kelly ever was!  

Oh.  Oh, no, no, no, no .... no, no ... no.  NO ONE has been, shall we say, loopier than Kelly.  That was on a whole other level.  I remember watching Kelly in those early seasons and seeing the purest definition of delusional right before my eyes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, filmfan2480 said:

Oh.  Oh, no, no, no, no .... no, no ... no.  NO ONE has been, shall we say, loopier than Kelly.  That was on a whole other level.  I remember watching Kelly in those early seasons and seeing the purest definition of delusional right before my eyes.

Isn't delusional Sonja's brand?  She's a Morgan, dammit!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I would like to thing he could have given Leah time off for her dying grandmother except neither seemed to discuss that.

They let Carl from the Summer House leave during filming for his brothers funeral and that was last summer before RHONY started filming   in fall 2020, so even more restrictive than Leah’s situation.  She either didn’t want to go, or like others have said, her family probably didn’t want her there.  But since Leah is the poster child for FOMO (gosh forbid she miss out on interjecting herself into a conversation that doesn’t involve her), I’m guessing she just chose filming over family.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

They let Carl from the Summer House leave during filming for his brothers funeral and that was last summer before RHONY started filming   in fall 2020, so even more restrictive than Leah’s situation.  She either didn’t want to go, or like others have said, her family probably didn’t want her there.  But since Leah is the poster child for FOMO (gosh forbid she miss out on interjecting herself into a conversation that doesn’t involve her), I’m guessing she just chose filming over family.  

It's a win-win for Leah (not so much for us or her family): She gets to sulk and throw random tantrums about not being with her grandmother, keeping the attention on her: And, when she is reunited with her family, she can sulk and throw random tantrums about not having been there, keeping the attention on her. 

• Love 21
(edited)
3 hours ago, filmfan2480 said:

On second thought - I have to agree with you.  And, thinking about it, I don't necessarily think that Leah is the same kind of "crazy" as Kelly was.  Leah is cunning and mean, Kelly was never either of those things.  I don't know if "crazy" is the proper description of what I think is wrong with Leah, as she is so much more than Kelly ever was.  And, Kelly really didn't display too much craziness any other time except for the Scary Island bachelorette trip and maybe when they were in Morocco.  Other times, she was just strange and quirky.  

Leah, imo, has some very serious mental health issues that need to be addressed through long term therapy to come to terms with why she craves attention ALL the time. 

Leah is doing everything she can to make sure that she manipulates the storylines and camera time to her, so that she is the main focus of everything.  That is why she was so annoyed with Heather, because Heather was inadvertently drawing the focus and attention away from Leah (and, I say this as not a fan of Heather, either).  She is exhausting.  

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Isn't delusional Sonja's brand?  She's a Morgan, dammit!

So true!!!  Sonja is the most delusional of this bunch!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Eboni's resume is impressive. Media personality and lawyer.

Yet she chose to be a housewife.

I think Andy is crazy these days, Leah and Eboni - racism and anger and no fun on the show....

What is his point?

Yes, why is Ebony on this show?  You don’t need a brain.  She is lowering herself.  I think Leah’s family didn’t want her there.  She would have started trouble with her dramatics.  As for Andy, who knows how or what he thinks.  Talking filthy and making a fool out of ones self is not funny.  Falling in the bushes is.  Bring back the slapstick humor .. no politics or race issues.  Viewers do not want this from what I see.

• Love 10

Eboni is here for a paycheck just like the rest of this motley crew.

She just gets a bonus in being able to take offense on national television and instruct these poor white woman on the proper degree of political correctness on every word or phrase they might utter.

Basically she gets to be Miss Racial Manners.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/9/2021 at 10:13 AM, Natalie68 said:

Not a huge Heather fan but I felt terrible for her when Leah went off in the limo.  Leah is so wrong for this show.  Heather should have told the production company to shove her apple up their asses, taken off her mic and left.  No money is worth that sort of bullshit.

I'm kind of glad Heather didn't do that though, because then Leah would have thought she "won". 

• Love 10

“She just gets a bonus in being able to take offense on national television and instruct these poor white woman on the proper degree of political correctness on every word or phrase they might utter.”

Some of these women on the show could do with a lesson or 3 on those issues...

“Viewers do not want this from what I see.”

This viewer doesn’t mind seeing it. The Leah stuff I can do without, but I’m ok with the “race issues” being discussed on this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:
On 6/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, Natalie68 said:

I'm kind of glad Heather didn't do that though, because then Leah would have thought she "won". 

I actually burst out laughing when Heather just sat there calmly ignoring Leah, refusing to be baited and goaded by her. So much self-control!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
Just now, Mar said:

I actually burst out laughing when Heather just sat there calmly ignoring Leah, refusing to be baited and goaded by her. So much self-control!

I was amazed at how much self-control she had. I think i would have grabbed those flowers and thrown them back at Leah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, film noire said:

It's beyond ludicrous Leah is acting like she lives on Woke Woman Mountain. She treated converting-to-Judaism like a new fashion accessory (dropped once she was bored with the bauble)  is so mired in white privilege she has no idea what a Karen actually is, announced she might not vote in arguably one of the most important elections for women and minorities in history, and attempted to destroy a Black man's reputation (Michael Che) by describing him as a misogynist asshole, a fate he only escaped because he published all her texts (including the text where she oh-so-casually race-baited him - "U hate me because I'm White" - who's the Karen now, Leah? ) She also dipped a toe in the homophobic pool (saying to Che - twice! - that all the men on the Raya dating app "Look gay to me"). Hypocritical doesn't begin to cover the gap between Leah's lived reality and her Wokest White Woman crap in this episode.

And the end result is a growing dynamic that I really dislike: Eboni is quickly turning into Leah's sidekick. There Eboni is,  comforting Leah, defending Leah,  "translating" Leah's batshit crazy crap to the other women, putting Leah's needs above her own when it comes to losing a beloved family member (notice Leah could not be bothered to comfort Eboni over her loss, so fixated was she on her own needs, or do anything but jump around like a demented toddler on meth when she heard about the conversation with Luann). Fuck Leah's narcissistic shit.  It's exhausting, dispiriting and ugly to witness.

And fuck you, too, Andy Cohen.  You had a chance to finally open up RHoNY to a Black cast member and do so in a way that would allow the cast to have a compelling, genuinely thought-provoking, and (god forbid!) engaging and fun season.   Instead, you shoved Leah - an emotionally toxic rich white chick with no functional self awareness  - to the front of the line, allowing her to act as if she's leading us to the Promised Land of racial equality.  Shame on you. 

I wish I had written this....well said.

1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

Yes, why is Ebony on this show?  You don’t need a brain.  She is lowering herself.  I think Leah’s family didn’t want her there.  She would have started trouble with her dramatics.  As for Andy, who knows how or what he thinks.  Talking filthy and making a fool out of ones self is not funny.  Falling in the bushes is.  Bring back the slapstick humor .. no politics or race issues.  Viewers do not want this from what I see.

Technically...Eboni is not a "housewife"...has she ever been married?

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Technically...Eboni is not a "housewife"...has she ever been married?

Not sure, although she did have a "long term engagement"  but she's not the first - Bethenny was single and of course Leah.  As of this season, none of the RHONYs are married. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Cosmocrush said:

Not sure, although she did have a "long term engagement"  but she's far from the first single woman - Bethenny was single and of course Leah.  As of this season, none of the RHONYs are married. 

And all the rest of the current cast are divorcées. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don’t recall the exact details—I’m sure some of you will. But didn’t Leah say she was an alcoholic since 14 or 15 and her parents put her in rehab and basically disowned her? When people have substance abuse issue or family trauma—let alone both—they tend to get emotionally stunted at that age. For sure Leah acts like a 15-year-old having a hormonal fit. I remember when she first told us about her parents I wondered how someone could ever disown their own kid, but now I see it. Can you imagine “the worst of the teenage years” plus alcoholism all wrapped up in this being her status quo behavior—screaming at everyone and literally tearing things apart every freaking day?! Yikes! 

• Love 17

How does Sonja sound so rational and erudite in her talking heads??  I never thought I'd be nodding along with her as she described the landscape of race in America, and yet...  So, is her zany persona a put-on for the show?  Is it the difference between Drunk Sonja and Sober Sonja?  I'm so confused.  

Ohhhh Heather.  Noooo.  *cringe*

I've been meaning to ask, what's up with LuAnn's statement necklace that's emitting an aura in her talking head?  Is it supposed to be doing that?  So distracting. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t recall the exact details—I’m sure some of you will. But didn’t Leah say she was an alcoholic since 14 or 15 and her parents put her in rehab and basically disowned her? When people have substance abuse issue or family trauma—let alone both—they tend to get emotionally stunted at that age. For sure Leah acts like a 15-year-old having a hormonal fit. I remember when she first told us about her parents I wondered how someone could ever disown their own kid, but now I see it. Can you imagine “the worst of the teenage years” plus alcoholism all wrapped up in this being her status quo behavior—screaming at everyone and literally tearing things apart every freaking day?! Yikes! 

Bingo.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Mar said:

What I loved was Leah going off on Heather for saying bitch when she had just called Heather a bitch (out of her earshot) when she was heading to the (non-family - shout out RHOC) van.

11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I question what disowned meant in her story.  They didn't abandon her, put her in foster care or leave her on the streets.  They still have a relationship with her.  So how exactly did she see herself as disowned?  They stopped giving her $$ for booze? Even if they had her live with another relative for awhile (speculating because I don't recall) she was safe and cared for.  She is exhausting.

I agree with others that her family likely did not want her around when grandma was dying.  Leah would take all the energy.  There is a saying in emergency medicine when managing a critical scene, "Take care of the crazy first."  Why? Because they will keep you from helping others.  If Leah was at grandma's death bed before the last minute, the family would have to spend all of their time caring for her and would miss precious time talking to the person dying and being able to support each other. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I question what disowned meant in her story.  They didn't abandon her, put her in foster care or leave her on the streets.  They still have a relationship with her.  So how exactly did she see herself as disowned?  They stopped giving her $$ for booze? Even if they had her live with another relative for awhile (speculating because I don't recall) she was safe and cared for.  She is exhausting.

My guess is that Leah's parents "detached with love", it's something you learn in Alanon, her parents seem like they would go to Alanon.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And fuck you, too, Andy Cohen.  You had a chance to finally open up RHoNY to a Black cast member and do so in a way that would allow the cast to have a compelling, genuinely thought-provoking, and (god forbid!) engaging and fun season.   Instead, you shoved Leah - an emotionally toxic rich white chick with no functional self awareness  - to the front of the line, allowing her to act as if she's leading us to the Promised Land of racial equality.  Shame on you. 

BTW, this was @ Film Noire’s post and it was fantastic.  Does anyone think he reads this?

• Love 6