Type keyword(s) to search

RHoNY Season 13 LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No personal politics or political discussion outside of what is stated on the show. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Eboni stating that she still has work to do…well I’m here for a show. Not lessons on history. It nice they all made up, but where is the fun stuff? I never thought this show would devolve into a platform show. I’m more interested in platform shoes. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I want to focus on a great minor hilarious moment, which is LuAnn's poor child and whomever those other people were at the end of the table.  The (I assume queer) boy at the end of the table nodding and shaking his head and reacting, wanting desperately to be engaged, flanked by the daughter and girl across from her (another daughter?) who were stone-faced and wanting desperately to be anywhere else.  I really thought that a hilarious found moment.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did Heather really just tell Eboni she’s very articulate? WTF!

Again. Why is she here?!

Good question. I wish she’d leave and take Leah with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color.

Well, no.  There's a learned, researched history of referring to black people in such a manner.

https://www.theroot.com/he-s-so-articulate-what-that-really-means-1790874985

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

I love those robes. I wish I could get one. 

Well sure, but it’s so 7th grade BFFs!  😂

MERGE!!

Sonja loves to fish??? 😂😂 I love it!

Leah’s fishing outfit — 😂😂😂

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did Heather really just tell Eboni she’s very articulate? WTF!

Again. Why is she here?!

3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I assumed Heather was using that word ironically as a joke. She couldn't possibly not know what "articulate" means as a compliment to a black person. I thought her delivery made that clear too. 

• Love 3

I always try to be polite to whomever I am speaking to, but all these new rules about what can or cannot be said will have me just shutting my gob a lot. Be it when I’m speaking or here on these forums. It’s becoming quicksand. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

I assumed Heather was using that word ironically as a joke. She couldn't possibly not know what "articulate" means as a compliment to a black person. I thought her delivery made that clear too. 

I initially thought that, too, but she gave no indication that she was.  

I don't know - Heather trying to play the role of "Eboni whisperer" rubbed me the wrong way. Eboni was explaining herself quite well, she didn't need Heather trying to do it for her. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I want to focus on a great minor hilarious moment, which is LuAnn's poor child and whomever those other people were at the end of the table.  The (I assume queer) boy at the end of the table nodding and shaking his head and reacting, wanting desperately to be engaged, flanked by the daughter and girl across from her (another daughter) who were stone-faced and wanted desperately to be anywhere else.  I really found that a hilarious found moment.

Ha, I noticed him too!

Dude , slow down you’re gonna hurt your neck.

• LOL 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Well, no.  There's a learned, researched history of referring to black people in such a manner.

https://www.theroot.com/he-s-so-articulate-what-that-really-means-1790874985

I don’t agree. I don’t think of people in that manner. I appreciate the ability of a person to express themselves with clear and impactful words no matter what they look like, because it’s something I struggle with myself. I guess now I know simply being appreciative of that can be considered racist if the person isn’t white. I find that to be pretty disconcerting.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Yep, has nothing to do with skin color. Neither does the flavor of pumpkin or the adjective angry. Leah is obnoxious and Eboni has profound anger issues along with being heavily prejudicial and maybe even racist. She's said at least two anti-white comments EVERY episode. Didn't think RHONY could ever be sunk, but here we are. I'll watch again if it's ever returned to the entertaining watch it was for so long.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

She couldn't possibly not know

Let's all agree never use this phrase in reference to these shows ever again.  :-)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sorry, Leah, you can't bring up politics/voting apropos nothing and then get your back up when someone you're talking to has an opinion about what you've just expressed. If you don't want to risk being judged for your stance, you can always keep it to yourself.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, mommydiedhard said:

Yep, has nothing to do with skin color. Neither does the flavor of pumpkin or the adjective angry. Leah is obnoxious and Eboni has profound anger issues along with being heavily prejudicial and maybe even racist. She's said at least two anti-white comments EVERY episode. Didn't think RHONY could ever be sunk, but here we are. I'll watch again if it's ever returned to the entertaining watch it was for so long.

So, here's the thing - you don't get to decide if it is considered a microaggression. The person who experiences it - like Eboni - does. Just because, for instance, Heather may not think that she's delivering a microaggression doesn't mean that Eboni doesn't have the right to experience it as a microaggression.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don’t agree. I don’t think of people in that manner. I appreciate the ability of a person to express themselves with clear and impactful words no matter what they look like, because it’s something I struggle with myself. I guess now I know simply being appreciative of that can be considered racist. I find that to be pretty disconcerting.

-shrug-  Feel free to not agree, but it's not someone's random editorial about one thing someone said to them once.  It's a historical and cultural collection of events.  Read and learn, or don't read and don't care.  Up to you.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I don’t want to diminish Leah’s feelings, but it would seem she’s being a tad dramatic for the cameras.  I’ve lost people close to me. I sure as fuck was by their side and not hanging out with my friends.  And funny, when I cried during those times (and hell, still cry for my Mom 4 years later), actual tears come out of my eyes.  

• Love 18

Sonja said “I’m Sagittarius, I always catch a fish”. I share my birthday with her although she is one year older than me. I don’t have a good track record of catching a fist.

Although Sonja is only a year older than me, her face is much younger. However, some my joints are much younger and others have been fused together 😜

• Love 7

After the ladies compete in Luann’s 70’s inspired Halloween pageant, Leah receives devastating news about her grandma. Back in the city, Ramona reviews her real estate skills, while Leah and Eboni help Sonja learn to land a punch. Eboni hosts an election party where talk of Ramona’s Instagram makes up for her absence.

Mod note:  The episode will include an election watching party.  Please stick to discussing what is said on the show.  We are not debating the election, politics, political parties or politicians.  

Original air date 2021.06.15

Bouncing the LIVE CHAT topic for your posting pleasure.