Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Where Are They Now? Cillas and Tiffany LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Better late than missing out entirely. I was sure I'd be on time since I'm confined to home while my injury heals. But I laid down and elevated my leg, and then I fell asleep.

My eating habit is a glass of wine. I had  a late lunch, so I wasn't hungry for dinner.

I'm now trying to catch up with the snark.

• Love 11
Just now, Suzywriter said:

You are my sister from another mister, for sure! I can't stand clutter!

A couple of weeks ago the mayor posted on FB that the city had made a deal with a recycling company that would pick up ALL of our donate-able textiles curbside. Not just clothes, either. Towels, sheets, placemats, napkins. Also shoes, belts, bags, hats, gloves, scarves. I filled SEVEN trash bags. And a lovely guy named Glen came by on a Sunday morning and hauled it all away. That was a good day.

• Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

A couple of weeks ago the mayor posted on FB that the city had made a deal with a recycling company that would pick up ALL of our donate-able textiles curbside. Not just clothes, either. Towels, sheets, placemats, napkins. Also shoes, belts, bags, hats, gloves, scarves. I filled SEVEN trash bags. And a lovely guy named Glen came by on a Sunday morning and hauled it all away. That was a good day.

I swoon with envy.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My husband is an AV guy, he does a lot of work for conferences and big expos and stuff. He's constantly bringing home swag from them--travel cups, water bottles, backpacks, notepads, portfolios. I sneak around and throw out the extra water bottles under cover of darkness. 

For a few years I took temp gigs working as on-site staff at for big conventions at our convention center. You're so right about all that swag. I sometimes ended up bringing home some stuff, and then inevitably the next day looked at it and thought WTF am I going to do with this? It got donated or tossed. I'm now the executor of the estate of a friend who died recently and left a TON of stuff in her home that we have to deal with. I swear, I was already having periodic decluttering sweeps here at home, and I just had two more. I figure by the time that estate is taken care of, I may have divested myself of everything I own that won't fit into a van. 🤣

• Love 6
(edited)

I like the man on the tablet in the Bounty ad reacting to the spill!   I noticed the lottery winner Bounty ad does the same thing.

I love that they're living with relatives, but they still haul the giant TV upstairs.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My work used to give out stuff like that sometimes. Everyone has the same lunch bag. I've seen water bottles stashed in the kitchen cabinets. Glad they stopped, frankly.

I've been at a company for 9 months.  They have sent me two tchotchkes, 5 t-shirts, a blanket and two water bottles.  I want none of it. although I will say the blanket is cozy.  I actually asked them not to send me the last t-shirt but they sent it anyway.  I will never wear it.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

how many frying pans does a person need?

at that age I had 2.  They came with a set of revereware.  I probably have acquired seven or eight more/

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I've been at a company for 9 months.  They have sent me two tchotchkes, 5 t-shirts, a blanket and two water bottles.  I want none of it. although I will say the blanket is cozy.  I actually asked them not to send me the last t-shirt but they sent it anyway.  I will never wear it.

I worked at Wayfair for a while. I swear, T shirts, towels, water bottles and mousepads are 3/4 of their operating budget. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm jealous. My complex gets a dumpster a few times a year. Usually we have a community yard sale one weekend in June and the dumpster comes the following Monday. The sale is cancelled again this year but I've been collecting things for the dumpster. 

Living with a spouse's parents is no easy thing, and for someone who is somewhat fragile psychologically like a poundticipant...  good luck, Cillas.

Glad to hear he is working on separating himself from his walker.

• Love 4
(edited)

He could at least stand up for his own wedding, and they could have worn nice clothes.  

Ah ha!  So Aaron went to California to talk to his mom about moving in with her.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

That was such weird music for a wedding. I have my back to the TV and when I turned around because of the music, I couldn't read the small print. I thought someone had died or they had broken up. And yeah, how do you get married sitting down?

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Jessica can't find a job in Houston?   It would build her resume, and they could stay in Houston for a while longer, so Cillas can get more skin removal.  

That's very fishy. Isn't every place gasping for nurses? At my last job, one of my co-workers went to nursing school, she had a job in hand the day she graduated. She finished her two weeks notice and was at work as a nurse the next day. 

My work gave us all a nice fleece throw for Christmas this year, and I do love it. 

My boss and her associate's research project does an event every year, and we've experimented with various types of swag. (I plumped for fridge magnets, I think they're actually useful). One year we got T shirts, oh my god. The director got way too many Smalls and not enough Large. I had dozens under my desk. I was giving them to anyone who would take them. We never did T shirts again. They still haunt my dreams. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Stop playing with her fingertips!!!!! Stop it!!!!!!  Okay, I have a thing about fingertips.

Ok I’m glad I wasn’t the only person squicked out about that. Eww

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I actually wear giveaway t-shirts when exercising.  Especially if they are white cotton because I can wash them on hot to get the sweat out.  

I also get jackets/sweatshirts/coats from my employer... they are pretty nice jackets I actually wear.  Sometimes they send nice electronics too... but a lot of mugs/water bottles/etc. that I don't know what to do with and take to Goodwill regularly.