Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Where Are They Now? Jeanne and Brandon LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not speculate on any government benefits that may or may not be received by any poundticipants, their families or friends.   It is a rule across the board for the My 600 Lb. Life Forum. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I don't like very sweet desserts...  This one is Trader Joe's because I decided to give something new a try,  I usually go for Haagen-Dazs.  Their Caramel Cone is something else!

I was on a H-D Irish Cream Brownie kick for the longest time but I've been talking myself out of buying it lately because I have a hard time not eating the whole thing. 

lol...."Yoou can eat much less."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I settled on Salted Caramel ice cream (it's vanilla with a gooey caramel swirl) drizzled with chocolate syrup. In case anyone was wondering.

We get the Talenti gelato brand of that.  It is Mr Twopper's favorite, but I have now developed a taste for it.   So far he doesn't care for my coconut or Mediterranean mint or double chocolate so my favorites are safe from him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I wonder how long until she works her mother to death.

Then she'll be like the guy who couldn't function without his mother and ate himself to death.

Sean. And yes, I agree, I see no other outcome. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

It sounds like Oprah is saying "Soup or Soul." And Chip Gaines needs to wash his hair.

Oprah is one of the reasons I don't want it.  Even Joe Kenda cannot tempt me. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

We get the Talenti gelato brand of that.  It is Mr Twopper's favorite, but I have now developed a taste for it.   So far he doesn't care for my coconut or Mediterranean mint or double chocolate so my favorites are safe from him. 

I haven't had Talenti in forever. I remember not loving the mint one. There was a chocolate brownie or something like that that I liked. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

but I've been talking myself out of buying it lately because I have a hard time not eating the whole thing. 

I usually try to buy the tiny cups because that way it doesn't sit open for too long in my freezer... unfortunately, the flavor selection is very limited for those.  If I buy a pint, I put three small scoops or so into a really pretty stemmed ice cream dish I have, which helps with portion control.   It's probably much harder if you eat straight out of the carton...

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Really, Brandon, scales don't lie.  You eyes do.  Invest in a food scale and weigh your portions!  And don't graze.

I just bought a food scale. It's a terrible blabbermouth, yelling out every .01th of an ounce. 4 ounces of anything looks like a tablespoon.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I tend to graze. When I do that I am shocked by how fast I gain weight.

At my office, we always have snack food available in mass quantities. Cookies, candy, chips, crackers, you name it. I lost weight while I was at home during the month I was laid off last year.

• Love 4

Maybe writing letters, and contacting the estranged father is a bad idea for Brandon, and Lola should stop it.  

Jeanne looks as big as ever, but at least she got another outfit.   I bet Jeanne gained in the double digits.    When they start sniveling and whining before the weigh in, it's a bad sign.  

So Jeanne's weigh in result is she actually lost 38 lbs., but she should have lost 200.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Oh, fuck. I absolutely loathe wannabe musicians on these reality shows hoping someone will discover them.

I think they are so removed from reality, and yes I'll say it....LAZY that they feel this fun hobby is going to be some kind of career.  I wish more of these poundicipants would aspire to actual get a regular J.O.B.  I think they would feel more like normal adults, less as if things are always out of their control.  It's a growth thing. 

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 6
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I tend to graze. When I do that I am shocked by how fast I gain weight.

So true 

On Instagram there’s a guy Vance who shares his weight loss for a year . He was up there in weight ( forget starting weight) Vance had a post this week where he ate a lot for four days ...... he stepped on the scale and gained 30 pounds over a long weekend . Crazy!

oh god back to Jeanne the sad sack .....

Jeanne is delusional. Dr. Now didn't build a successful practice by lying to people and giving them incorrect information. You just don't want to hear it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I usually try to buy the tiny cups because that way it doesn't sit open for too long in my freezer... unfortunately, the flavor selection is very limited for those.  If I buy a pint, I put three small scoops or so into a really pretty stemmed ice cream dish I have, which helps with portion control.   It's probably much harder if you eat straight out of the carton...

Yeah, I would put it in a bowl. Sometimes I do better and use a cute little glass yogurt cup that I saved.

7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Maybe writing letters, and contacting the estranged father is a bad idea, and Lola should stop it.  

Jeanne looks as big as ever, but at least she got another outfit. 

The other one probably ran away.

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I tend to graze. When I do that I am shocked by how fast I gain weight. Grazing is a killer.

Get a mouth full of orthodontic hardware.  Kills grazing dead! 

• Love 1
Just now, Arynm said:

Jeanne is delusional. Dr. Now didn't build a successful practice by lying to people and giving them incorrect information. You just don't want to hear it.

Jeanne's gotten through the first several decades of her life without having to be responsible. Why start now?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

At my office, we always have snack food available in mass quantities. Cookies, candy, chips, crackers, you name it. I lost weight while I was at home during the month I was laid off last year.

I've been working from home for over a year, as a result I never snack, just breakfast, lunch and supper. At work it was all snacks, all the time, plus foraging leftovers from catered meetings. 

But I still don't think I'm any thinner. Sad face. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I've been working from home for over a year, as a result I never snack, just breakfast, lunch and supper. At work it was all snacks, all the time, plus foraging leftovers from catered meetings. 

But I still don't think I'm any thinner. Sad face. 

Working from home has caused me to blow up like a parade balloon.

• Love 4

Oh the pathos.  I was forced back here.  At gunpoint, I presume...

But she did lose 38 pounds, even if it took her three months instead of one.

PS  I was too generous, it was actually five months.  That's basically 2 pounds a week, a weight loss rate for someone who is 250 pounds, not 550! 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Carnie Wilson?  I may have the name wrong.  I think it's one of the Wilsons in Wilson-Philips.

YES!!! I always wondered where the name 'Carnie' came from...Carnival? Carnivore? 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Working from home has caused me to blow up like a parade balloon.

I gained a little too. I move a lot less since I no longer commute, which consisted of subways steps, walking etc. I exercise but that additional movement adds up.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 2

Good evening, Pounders! I'm late to the snarkfest because I went out for a glass of wine with my gal pals. I needed that! My eating habit was bibimbap because a Korean food truck was parked in our subdivision today, and I can't resist some good Korean food.

I'm not sure there's enough wine in the world to erase the image of dirt and dog hair in nohyJeanne's sutures. What a nasty and disgusting person she is!

• Love 7