Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Where Are They Now? Jeanne and Brandon LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not speculate on any government benefits that may or may not be received by any poundticipants, their families or friends.   It is a rule across the board for the My 600 Lb. Life Forum. 

• Start Topic

Jeanne struggles to care for herself in the aftermath of her dad's death. Brandon strives to get his weight down in order to feel confident when proposing to his girlfriend Tayler and be the man she deserves.

No-hy-Jeanne is back for a Where Are They Now? (or a where were they then since we're seeing a lot of older footage this season).  Yes, she of the father who died during filming.  One of the first Poundticipants for whom Dr. Now mentioned a stench emanating from her (and by emanating I mean filling the room with seemingly toxic fumes to the point it is amazing a hazmat crew wasn't called in after her).  Jeanne, of the hanging mass of poop encrusted flesh in her groin, that was upset to be kept in the hospital.  Her episode could have been a crossover to Hoarders; that is, one of the episodes in which the person ends up institutionalized for their own safety because they can't stop eating feces.  She and her equally emotionally shut down, highly depressed mother are back for a follow up.

Jeanne is paired with Brandon, musician, boyfriend, successful on last viewing.  You may remember Brandon from his mother who forced Brandon's estrangement from his father (from whom she divorced) and his absolute terror of needles.  Yes, it's a full on phobia in action.  Where is he now?

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the initial US showing. 

Original air date 2021.04.28

• Love 6

I forgot about Brandon’s abject terror of needles.  He was a decent person and I expect he’s a success.  I could do without seeing more of no-hy-Jeanne and her cockroaches though.

• Love 2

Hello to my peeps.   I am having trouble remembering Brandon and wishing I could forget Jeanne.   I was recalling a musician that sang in LA, but I think that was with another doctor.

Our eating habit is baked salmon and steamed veggies and whatever we can scrounge for dessert.

I was delayed in cooking dinner  because I had to have a tall neighbor come and replace the bulbs in our ceiling fan.  We have tall ceilings in our old southern house and the fan is over a bed.  I dare not let Mr Twopper try to do it, and I didn't want to try.  It seemed odd, because we used to be the ones helping old people, but now we are the old people. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Hey everyone! Was going to make ravioli for my eating habit but I had to clean up for the dryer vent cleaner guy who's coming tomorrow, and didn't want to deal with tomato sauce. Settled for scrambled eggs and wheat toast instead, and some orange bell peppers. Debating between salted caramel and chocolate chocolate chip for dessert. Am tired; hopefully tonight will be entertaining enough to keep me awake.

I can't picture Brandon but the needle thing sounds familiar.

Stars hopes he did well, but is prepared to have words if necessary (probably those words will be "meow"...I mean, she is a cat.)

image.png.79b8f674e655c96ae50af9ebffd53d54.png

And for @umgoblue, who always looks for the glass half full moment, came across this the other day and thought of you:

image.png.c2c48ac3e88f51490504643f4175f5bc.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Good evening, Pounders!!  I hope all is well with everyone. I will not be joining you tonight for the same reason I did not watch Jeanne’s story the first time around.  I can’t stand watching dogs and cats living in filth and neglect.

So I’m going to spend my evening binge watching The Sopranos for the third time!!  

I may check in here for some snark.

• Love 4

Watching a toilet paper commercial for "down their care", and wondering if our no-hy-Jeanne thinks about down there care. Never mind. 

Good evening, Pounder Pals! My eating habit tonight was tomato tortellini soup. Yum.

Now, let's go on with the show..

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Hello, Pounders. My eating habit was 2 homemade refried bean quesadillas and a Yasso bar. 

So, remember last week when I didn't have TV reception and I thought it was from the roofers? Well, no kidding it was from the roofers. The satellite guy showed up, went on my deck (the dish is on a little roof over my fireplace and not up on the main roof) and came back. "Is the dish supposed to be up there, miss?" "Huh?"

The roofers had not only cut the cable, but taken the dish off the roof. It was nowhere to be found! How do people do that kind of work and then think you aren't going to raise holy heck with them? They didn't know they were messing with the VP of the HOA. I think we've had people imprisoned for missing their dues; what do you think I'm going to do for this kind of sh$t?

The cable provider told me there are still construction crews all over the area due to the derecho last summer. They have constant complaints about the crews just dumping dishes in trash bins, denting them up, leaving them in front of people's houses, etc. Imagine if you did your job like this!

Back on topic - looking forward to Jeanne. Isn't she suing the Doc? She wouldn't do one thing to help herself, he operated on her mother, and probably saved the both of them from sepsis, but she wants to sue. What a wonderful person.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 3

Hello Pounders! I pre-gamed and watched Jeanne's original episode today. What a BEAUT. I predict no success there, though there will be lots of "showing Dr. Now" and "I can't even think about the diet right now". 

Brandon, was he the one who sang the cringey song to his GF?

Eating habit was toast with Skippy crunchy peanut butter and Bonne Maman apricot jam (NOT sugar free). Oh, and the bread was baked by my own dainty hands. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Good evening pounders!  My eating habit is some crackers and cheese to go with my wine.  Comcast is having a major watchathon so I've been bingeing on The Handmaid's Tale alternating with "Men in Kilts" to break it up.  A break from that to watch this with a little break to see two women sitting above the president for the speech.  Then I'll be back here.

• Love 4

HI Pounders!  Looking forward to your snark tonight!!

I have to pay attention to the recap part of the show.  I have the memory of a gnat, apparently, and can never remember these people by their names.  I know I watched when they originally aired.

• Love 6

Hi All!  I had Thai shrimp gyoza (Trader Joe's frozen kind) for dinner/lunch.  Only three more vegetarian days to go!

I developed a headache an hour ago, but I would have to be mostly dead to miss this particular episode.   Even my Mom wants an update on this the horrid Jeanne! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hello! My eating habit tonight was chicken with stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and a Greek pasta salad with grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumbers and feta.

Now it's time for Jeanne Jeanne the No-Hygiene Machine!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, and the bread was baked by my own dainty hands. 

I'm impressed. Something got me thinking about homemade yogurt and wondering if you can make it in a crock pot. Turns out you can. Contemplating...

• Love 2

I guess position really doesn't make any difference, but it's hard to take someone seriously who says they want to lose weight, but are eating a big ole plate of food in bed. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Hello! My eating habit tonight was chicken with stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and a Greek pasta salad with grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumbers and feta.

Now it's time for Jeanne Jeanne the No-Hygiene Machine!

Your dinner sounds wonderful -

I h8 u....🤣

JK  ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY !!!!!

• LOL 2
24 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I can't picture Brandon but the needle thing sounds familiar.

yeah, the needle thing sounded familiar, but the scene I recalled in my head is not of him, but someone on 90DF a number of seasons ago.

all these tlc shows are starting to merge in my brain.  Dis not a good sitshuashun. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Hi, Pounders!

Eating habit tonight vegetable tofu curry from the nearest Chinese place. Jeanne and her mother are the most addled, unable-to-function pair of numbskulls  ever born. I would feel sorry for them because they seem to have multiple jenga stacks of mental health issues, but they get on my nerves.

Dad was cheating? With what, a goat? 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

She's taking care of things? Proud she can walk out the back door to take out the trash? Oh lord.

I'll admit, I can relate to that sometimes. But my problem is not 600 pounds of fat.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
Just now, Twopper said:

yeah, the needle thing sounded familiar, but the scene I recalled in my head is not of him, but someone on 90DF a number of seasons ago.

all these tlc shows are starting to merge in my brain.  Dis not a good sitshuashun. 

Corey, of Corey and Evelin.  Cowering in the corner of a pediatrician's office to get his required shots before going to her country on The Other Way

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Yeah, I thought this was going to be a crossover with "90-Day Fiance" when I saw the name Brandon.

• LOL 4
Just now, Twopper said:

Perhaps Corey of Corey and Evelin is what you’re thinking of?  

• Love 1