Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Tell All (Part 1)

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

My Mom used to say that she raised her own 6 kids, and no way is she raising her grandkids! Too much of that happening these days, you birthed it, you raise it. End of story.

Exactly.   Like if you get lucky and find a grandparent who WANTS to do it, awesome.  But more and more it's like no one even asks.  

• Love 5
On 4/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, RealReality said:

He, Tania and Syngin are birds of a feather.  

Awww....don't paint Syngin with that brush.   As I recall, he was 100% honest with all of us (and Tania) from Day One.  He didn't pretend to be (or WANT to be) something he wasn't.  He just got caught up in Whirlwind Tania ... what a sad life mistake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, RealReality said:

As to the second point, I totally agree too.  Andrew only wants to manipulate, gaslight, trigger, bully and frustrate Amira.  

And comments like these cause me to notice the similarities between Mother Mike and Mother Andrew.  They both brought up their (overweight?) boys to "know" they are the most precious gems in the world.  Until each guy finds a stunning female to  sit at their feet in adoration (in addition to doing all household chores with enthusiasm), not much "love" will occur.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2021 at 4:50 AM, Scarlett45 said:

And a mature person wouldn’t want to place an additional burden on Betty and Ron with another mouth to feed with a pregnancy. 

Betty has not raised "a mature person."  Brandon has no sense at all: financial, family-planning, life plans, education, career, etc.  He has been kept chained and sheltered all his life.  Betty orders; Brandon jumps (but he smiles to keep Mommy happy). She YEARNS (to the point of fake tears) to keep her sweet little boy with her, dependent on her, loving her, for the rest of her life...and her husband is aware--very aware.  Brandon made a small error when he met a strong-minded girl on the international-net.  Now he's stuck between the two.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mike isn't a prize but even if you're a reasonable mother I don't think you enjoy seeing your child shat all over for two seasons.  

So, to a degree I give Mike's mom a pass.  Her methods were terrible, her instinct is right.  

Does any mother of a son fully believe their future daughter-in-law is good enough for her baby boy?  I can only speak from experience of friends and family, but I think there's often some doubt.  My feeling is that she can offer her opinion to Mike, but it's his life.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Betty has not raised "a mature person."  Brandon has no sense at all: financial, family-planning, life plans, education, career, etc.  He has been kept chained and sheltered all his life.  Betty orders; Brandon jumps (but he smiles to keep Mommy happy). She YEARNS (to the point of fake tears) to keep her sweet little boy with her, dependent on her, loving her, for the rest of her life...and her husband is aware--very aware.  Brandon made a small error when he met a strong-minded girl on the international-net.  Now he's stuck between the two.

Yes you are very right. Betty and Ron raised Brandon to do exactly what he is doing, and we know this because they have ENCOURAGED it.

• Love 11
On 4/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, lilysmom said:

To me, Zied seems like a completely different personality from what we saw last season. He seems darn near terrified of saying or doing the wrong thing. He reminds me of someone who has been brainwashed into following Rebecca's asinine ideas or else. I'm guessing he must constantly compliment Rebecca to stay on her good side.  He is so isolated from everyone and everything he loves and is totally dependent on Rebecca for everything. He needs to divorce her and go back home. Stockholm syndrome anyone?

Anyone remember Mohammed? He was oh so careful with immigration - visited (two) lawyers, schullpped Dinyell (once), returned to Ohio (twice) to talk Dani out of da-nullement, and learned a trade so he's employable. And did not engage with her tantrum in Miami. He kept his eye on the prize, as Darcey would say. 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Who could forget Danielle standing outside the studio with her piece of pizza in her hand waiting for her ride?

Not me! Poor ol' Dinyell. I found a YouTube guy who lives in Morocco, and he specializes in reviewing the episodes with men who come from his neck of the woods: Mohammed, Azan and Zied. His channel is Zain Daily. He's very fun, and is quite interested in Danielle, Nicole & Rebecca. I was able to watch Danielle's clips of The Single Life on his channel. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2021 at 5:12 AM, cynicat said:

Does any mother of a son fully believe their future daughter-in-law is good enough for her baby boy?  I can only speak from experience of friends and family, but I think there's often some doubt.  My feeling is that she can offer her opinion to Mike, but it's his life.

Some of these mothers (I'm lookin' especially at YOU, Betty) appear to need their sons devoted to them--and them alone.  Those who've known those "little boys" all their lives probably remember there was never no room for anyone but Mommy.  

On 4/16/2021 at 5:12 AM, cynicat said:

Mike isn't a prize but even if you're a reasonable mother I don't think you enjoy seeing your child shat all over for two seasons.  

Surely Mike's mother realizes there's something called "editing."  Mike was given an easy edit early on ... then producers changed their minds.  They can make viewers hate a "celebrity" with a bit-o-editing magic.

Edited by Back Atcha
deleted an '
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I am the mother of two grown sons. One married and the other engaged. I absolutely believe their partners are good enough for them. Welcomed both of them into our family with open arms. 
They make my sons happy and that is enough for me. I want them to feel comfortable around us and not see family dinners and get togethers as a chore. The last thing I ever wanted was making my sons feel they had to choose between the woman they loved and their mother.

The overbearing mothers on the show and in life make me cringe. 

Shelbie et al, my comment was most definitely a generalization.  However, even my sister's MIL (who did like my sister), had the subtle air that her son 'could've done better', at least early on in their marriage.  He was the oldest son and first married, so that may have played a part.  on the other hand, Mike's mother was anything but subtle and he's not exactly a youngster.

• Love 3
On 4/15/2021 at 7:37 PM, mittsigirl said:

My Mom used to say that she raised her own 6 kids, and no way is she raising her grandkids! Too much of that happening these days, you birthed it, you raise it. End of story.

Are you one of my sisters?  That was my experience too.  I remember one day my husband was at work and I was home sick.  I needed to go to the doc and didn't want to take my kid because he had horrible breathing issues and was often hospitalized.  So I asked my mom to watch my one kid.  She lived six doors away.  You would have thought I asked her for a million bucks.  And, the thing is, we had and have a great relationship.  That was just her thing.  No babysitting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

Shelbie et al, my comment was most definitely a generalization.  However, even my sister's MIL (who did like my sister), had the subtle air that her son 'could've done better', at least early on in their marriage.  He was the oldest son and first married, so that may have played a part.  on the other hand, Mike's mother was anything but subtle and he's not exactly a youngster.

I wonder if Mike's mom felt fine about Natalie before Natalie started in with her campaign to change Mike into the "perfect man" through humiliation and insults?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Opine said:

Are you one of my sisters?  That was my experience too.  I remember one day my husband was at work and I was home sick.  I needed to go to the doc and didn't want to take my kid because he had horrible breathing issues and was often hospitalized.  So I asked my mom to watch my one kid.  She lived six doors away.  You would have thought I asked her for a million bucks.  And, the thing is, we had and have a great relationship.  That was just her thing.  No babysitting.

One time - and one time only - I asked my female birth vessel to watch my kids.  She responded, "You can bring them over and you can pay your teen-aged (half) sister to watch them here."

And that's one of the MINOR reasons I refer her to her as my female birth vessel.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

One time - and one time only - I asked my female birth vessel to watch my kids.  She responded, "You can bring them over and you can pay your teen-aged (half) sister to watch them here."

And that's one of the MINOR reasons I refer her to her as my female birth vessel.

My Mother only watched my kids for funerals and maybe a wedding.

The Tarik/Minty/Hazel stupid storyline seems crafted to cause drama and get them another season.

Hell all of them want another season on the many different spinoffs, this is why the show has gotten boring.

And I hope Rebecca didn't pay for any of her surgeries because she doesn't look any slimmer.  It's crazy she spends so much time on filters and 'surgeries' and gives no thought to styling her hair or buy volumizer at least.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I thought Rebecca could spend the money on getting a hairstyle and finding someone to help her shop for suitable clothing.

I question the motivations for them all appearing on the show - get on more series, social media influencer, cash in on a business.

Tarik really didn't have much of a story. Could have just been an update on a where are they now show since he had a bit of exposure on a previous series.

No one really cares what Mike did or did not do with Sarah - just more drama. What difference does it make? It was in the past and Mike still married Nats. 

Julia came across as auditioning for Pillow Talk and passing judgment on others. Grow up a little and maybe you may have something to offer. She and Brandon will be lucky to make it past a couple of years of marriage. And so will everyone else. Tarik and Hazel will last til she finds a girlfriend. Jovi and Yara, maybe another year or two. 

Too bad we didn't see Andrew's side of things - with a good host and moderator to keep him in check.

Other than that, meh.

• Love 8

Bizarre season.    It looks like Amira is trying for another season, with another U.S. 'fiance', or is she trying for the Mama's Boy edition?       I felt sorry for her at first, but then realized she was totally over acting, and I think we were watching her audition tape.     

Brandon will never grow up.     Just because he works for a pest control company (not that I'm sure he really does, they like to lie about all kinds of back stories), he may not have more than a base salary.   The company that does pest control, and termite bonds for my house only pays on commission, so Brandon might only get paid according to how often he works, and for what he can talk people into signing up for.       

I'm just glad that we've apparently seen the last of Stephanie, and her roster of paid companions.     Natalie and Mike can disappear as far as I'm concerned.   I've seen enough of her staring wide eyed into the camera, and Mike barely talking.    I'm hoping Jovi grows up, and becomes the husband and father he should be.     You know it's a strange cast when Tarik and Hazel seem to be the most sensible.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I personally think Tarik loves Hazel as a person  but is in love with Minty.  His refusal to cut ties with her says it all. I don't see Hazel sticking around after she's found a girlfriend. 

From what we saw Andrew seems like the verbally abusive type.  Amira found herself another American,  hopefully he's better than Andrew.  See seems to easily fall in love.

Julia was giving her best pillow talk audition.  Maybe the extra income will help them move out of his parents house.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think this show could be more entertaining if TLC stopped manipulating audiences with set ups and contrived drama and just let the shitshow unravel organically.  Many  humans are high strung screwups anyway and don’t need extra help.  There was less contrived drama when the series first began, I think. Nowadays I’m always calling TLC shenanigans. And today’s cast of characters are mostly looking for social media fame and money along with that much revered green card.

• Love 24

I get triggered every time Mike is on the screen. Natalie has mentioned several times how Mike likes to "tease" and she never knows if he is serious or whether to believe what he is saying. When she met his mother she said the mother was just like Mike, she likes to "tease" as well and now she knows where Mike gets it from. Other words for "tease" are: mock, deride, ridicule, make fun of, humiliate, etc. His best friend who was on last night said she did not think Mike and Natalie are compatible because Mike is a "jokester" and Natalie is too serious. Why would you do that to someone you claim to love? Especially someone who does not understand the nuances of the culture or the language? I dated someone like Mike and it was horrible. Luckily I got out quick, but I believe it is a form of emotional abuse. Obviously, I have no way of knowing just how extreme it gets with Mike but it has been brought up several times. I imagine the things he thinks they need to "work" on are Natalie being too sensitive when he laughs at her confusion and hurt because he is only "teasing". He can fuck all the way off.  I did mention he triggers me.

• Love 17
On 4/12/2021 at 11:48 PM, RealReality said:

You just know andrew spent hours with his sister's CHI flatiron trying to get that look down.  And went straight for the douchey three piece suit, JFC.  Would not be shocked in the least he he paired it with Crocs or Chucks so he could be "look at me" special.  

That ill fitting suit was straight off the rack from K Mart's "Big and Tall" section. And marked way down since it was such an odd color, or I miss my guess. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, bichonblitz said:

Speaking of lunch, shout out to TLC!. Cardboard box of lunch in the makeshift cafeteria with folding tables and chairs. Swanky. They really went all out for these chucklefucks!  

To be fair, that could be a COVID thing. In the couple of weeks before my work shut down and we all started working remotely, all catering for meetings had to be brought in as separate box meals. 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, itsadryheat said:

All this money for cosmetic enhancement, but can't drop a dime for an apartment or plane ticket to mommy. Natalie, do me a favor and hook up with Andrew.

I think part of the reason that Andrew was so mad was that he wanted to sneak up on Natalie. "You deserve a nice guy like ME". Bet they're messaging right now. 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:17 AM, Back Atcha said:

Betty is fucking certifiable. She acts like Brandon is seven. 

And TRUST ME, if Brandon and Julia procreate, Betty will be so far up their asses she won't see daylight. She'll be there, every day, telling Julia what she's doing wrong and using the baby like some sort of ventriloquist's dummy to do it. "Oh, Mommy, this bath water is too hot!" "Oh, Mommy, I'm still hungry! You should give me some nice formula instead of trying to breast feed!".  I still think Julia needs to run for her life, which will be a living hell if she tries to stick it out with Brandon. He will always love his mommy best. 

I think I'd like to see Julia on Pillow Talk. She might turn out to be cute and funny. Look at Annie (Thailand) or Anny (DR) or Loren. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That ill fitting suit was straight off the rack from K Mart's "Big and Tall" section. And marked way down since it was such an odd color, or I miss my guess. 

And tuck in your shirt, Andrew!  Just go away.

21 minutes ago, spunky said:

I personally think Tarik loves Hazel as a person  but is in love with Minty.  His refusal to cut ties with her says it all. I don't see Hazel sticking around after she's found a girlfriend. 

I agree.  Just the fact that he will not delete her number from his phone speaks volumes.  He could write it down on a posty note for all I care but yeah......delete it in front of YOUR WIFE.  I think he wants Hazel the Sad Sack to leave him for a woman so he can get with Minty Fresh.

Why are Natalie and Mike on HEA?  I will watch only if there is a Pillow Talk edition.  I don't need to see the breastfeeding coven of Sisters Libby anymore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, spunky said:

Tarik isn't in love with Minty, he just wants a piece.  His whole "we follow our own rules" argument is him saying he wants an open marriage.  That's part of why he wants Hazel to have a girlfriend, so she won't say anything when he gets some side action.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think I'd like to see Julia on Pillow Talk. She might turn out to be cute and funny. Look at Annie (Thailand) or Anny (DR) or Loren. 

I think Julia would be a welcome and entertaining edition to Pillow Talk. I could see her having some great one liners.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Tarik isn't in love with Minty, he just wants a piece.  His whole "we follow our own rules" argument is him saying he wants an open marriage.  That's part of why he wants Hazel to have a girlfriend, so she won't say anything when he gets some side action.

His whole "we follow our own rules" was such an eyeroll for me. It's the equivalent to young women who shout "I'm not like other girls!"  Like, okay, what attention do you want and if I give it to you, will you go away?  Tarik, you and Hazelminty are not that quirky or interesting.  Just be off my television already!

If only the producers would have called Andrew's bluff and told the driver to "go ahead and go" the first time he got in the car.  Just go LARPing right back to Sesame Street, dude.  No one is here for you.  Even if Amira was as fakeity fake as we mostly suspect, no one cares.  They're both so.... boring.  

Zied looked like he was having such a great time, it made me laugh.  He's right there in the middle of all the drama when he's watching at home, I have no doubt! 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, spunky said:

Amira found herself another American,  hopefully he's better than Andrew.  See seems to easily fall in love.

Amira looked like a cheap streetwalker in that red bustier. That hair is beautiful, but is it extensions or a "fall"? It always looks too perfectly waved to be her actual real hair. And those lips! I think "lipstick on a pig" every time I see her (and Natalie too).  

It's obvious that Amira is going to fall in love with any American man who'll bring her to the US for a green card and her dream job behind a cosmetics counter at Macy's.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

His whole "we follow our own rules" was such an eyeroll for me. It's the equivalent to young women who shout "I'm not like other girls!"  Like, okay, what attention do you want and if I give it to you, will you go away?  Tarik, you and Hazelminty are not that quirky or interesting.  Just be off my television already!

I thought it was rich for the people on stage to be so seemingly critical of a possible three way when they have made very questionable judgement calls themselves.  Rebecca, you were running around WHILE MARRIED to hubby #3  with  Zied then kept secret after secret from him, Yara and Jovi were pregnant twice in short order, Brandon and Julia, you play house with Mommy and Daddy and complain about lack of privacy and Julia, you have seemed to have sprouted a mean streak lately.  

If my neighbors are having three ways.....I don't care.  As long as everyone is consenting, I don't care.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
clarity
  • Love 16

No way Sara would admit to hooking up the night before her wedding, not if she is still married. Who the hell would go on national tv and admit that shiz?? 

The only thing at this point that is still confusing to me is why Tarik didn't stay with Minty? He met her and hooked up with her while he and Hazel were on a break/broken up, correct? Seems like a much better match so......why ? Was it Hazel's son, is he a sucker for kids? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I thought Natalie looked horrible, she needs to do something with her hair and learn a new make up routine but her dress was nice.

We all spent part 2 of this Tell Barely Anything looking up Rebecca's skirt...her body looks no different from her before the procedure.   I have to agree with Julia to a point, she stressed going to the gym is the way you will make changes in your physicality, her delivery was not great but it is good advice.

Zied is getting lessons on how to take short cuts, don't work at getting healthy just pay a doctor to suck it out, does he know those fat cells will migrate to some other part of his body? 

Amira's story has holes in it, Andrew's story has holes in it, somewhere there is the truth but we will never know that truth, what we saw was two people who showed us who they are so I am not so bothered by not knowing all the details.  I do not believe Amira has found the love of her life, I do believe she found the next guy that might get her to the US and I do believe that Andrew went home to sew a new cape for the next in person Comic Con.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

It's obvious that Amira is going to fall in love with any American man who'll bring her to the US for a green card and her dream job behind a cosmetics counter at Macy's.

Amira seems a bit......dim to put it nicely. And she is gorgeous (IMO). I am sure after the attention online that she got from this show she was flooded iwth DMs and match requests on whatever app she used. Hopefully she got a decent guy and not another creepo who just knew how to say the right things.....I also suspect she will be back on another season. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What??? How did I miss that?

You know, I need to re-word that.  I meant to say:  Rebecca, you were married to number 3 while sleeping with Zied in the desert.  Sorry for the confusion!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

No way Sara would admit to hooking up the night before her wedding, not if she is still married. Who the hell would go on national tv and admit that shiz?? 

I will go to my grave maintaining that Mike and Sara totally banged their brains out that night. Nothing will convince me otherwise. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have to agree with Julia to a point, she stressed going to the gym is the way you will make changes in your physicality, her delivery was not great but it is good advice.

Yes she is right, however, NO ONE needs to hear "Go to the Gym you Fattie!" from a stick thin 25 year old.  I had a doctor once tell me that if he could prescribe exercise it would be the most commonly written prescription of all time.

3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I will go to my grave maintaining that Mike and Sara totally banged their brains out that night. Nothing will convince me otherwise. 

What makes you lean that way?  

I can never see Mike's shrug or Natalie staring people down ever again and be very happy with that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

The only thing at this point that is still confusing to me is why Tarik didn't stay with Minty? He met her and hooked up with her while he and Hazel were on a break/broken up, correct? Seems like a much better match so......why ? Was it Hazel's son, is he a sucker for kids? 

I thought that was odd, too, as Minty Fresh seemed much more into Tarik than Hazelnut ever was.

• Love 12

I actually believe Sara about not having sex with Mike.  After all, she would have heard all about Natalie and, if smart, would want nothing to do with that relationship.  She also seemed sincere and very calm-I didn't see obvious "tells" that she was lying (of course, I'm not a professional so I could have missed them [but I am a retired high school teacher and was quite successful in determining when students were lying to me...]).  I also believed her when she told what Natalie said to her (Natalie demonstrates an awareness of the cameras with her poses/victimization/facial reactions and I TOTALLY think off camera, when she thinks she will get away with it, she presents very differently).

Once Tarik started "teaching" us about relationships I just fast-forwarded everything about them (any time any 90 Day participants starts "informing" us is just too much).

Count me in with others that they should have just let Andrew leave instead of giving him all of that extra attention and feeding into his need to control situations.  Just leave.  And I hope that Amira also goes away.

Julia was just too much.  She may have been "auditioning" for future seasons, but she needs to reign it in a bit.

At this point I'm not planning on watching HEA as I just don't care about the participants.  BUT, I will read everyone's comments here and may be dragged back into watching.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Interesting! I never thought of it that way, but I can see your perspective. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And tuck in your shirt, Andrew!  Just go away.

I agree.  Just the fact that he will not delete her number from his phone speaks volumes.  He could write it down on a posty note for all I care but yeah......delete it in front of YOUR WIFE.  I think he wants Hazel the Sad Sack to leave him for a woman so he can get with Minty Fresh.

Why are Natalie and Mike on HEA?  I will watch only if there is a Pillow Talk edition.  I don't need to see the breastfeeding coven of Sisters Libby anymore.

Isn't the minimum requirement for being on HEA liking your spouse? Natalie and Mike detest each other. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Once Tarik started "teaching" us about relationships I just fast-forwarded everything about them (any time any 90 Day participants starts "informing" us is just too much).

Yep, David used to do that on Pillow Talk all the time:  Tells us all about love and marriage and what not do do.....thanks for the pro tip, David.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Betty is fucking certifiable. She acts like Brandon is seven. 

And TRUST ME, if Brandon and Julia procreate, Betty will be so far up their asses she won't see daylight. She'll be there, every day, telling Julia what she's doing wrong and using the baby like some sort of ventriloquist's dummy to do it. "Oh, Mommy, this bath water is too hot!" "Oh, Mommy, I'm still hungry! You should give me some nice formula instead of trying to breast feed!".  I still think Julia needs to run for her life, which will be a living hell if she tries to stick it out with Brandon. He will always love his mommy best. 

This is FABULOUS!!!   While watching I wondered of Brandon was squirming a little at all the pearl-clutching about Tarik and Hazel's desire for a "girlfriend."  Didn't we read that Brandon's parents are well-known swingers and that HOT TUB is a sacred (my exaggeration) locale for the group?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually believe Sara about not having sex with Mike.  After all, she would have heard all about Natalie and, if smart, would want nothing to do with that relationship.  She also seemed sincere and very calm-I didn't see obvious "tells" that she was lying (of course, I'm not a professional so I could have missed them [but I am a retired high school teacher and was quite successful in determining when students were lying to me...]).  I also believed her when she told what Natalie said to her (Natalie demonstrates an awareness of the cameras with her poses/victimization/facial reactions and I TOTALLY think off camera, when she thinks she will get away with it, she presents very differently).

I believe Sara didnt have sex with Mike, just because her version of events makes logical sense-she had people staying at her home that came in for the wedding, Mike was one of those people, she stated she was getting into the shower and went to get ready. Not that I think women (or Sara specifically) are above cheating on their fiancé the night before their wedding (I know of situations where people have done that- men and women), but I didnt get the vibe from Sara.

Now I do believe that Natalie asked here were all American women whores or just her (which wasnt appropriate and I am glad Sara stood up for herself), but I also think Mike did or said something that let Natalie believe that he wanted Sara or was behaving not as a man does who has a fiancé to make her jealous and get her panties in a knot. Given what we know of Mike I 100% believe that happened.

To be clear, Sara had every right to put Natalie in her place, but I think Mike took a friendly situation (staying at a friend's house when you travel into town for their wedding) and used it to make Natalie jealous.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Interesting feedback regarding the "tells" . . . and I suspect that you developed a strong ability to sense lying because of your background as a teacher.

As to the bolded . . . I have felt this way from Day One about Natalie.  Even leaving the airport in Ukraine in the first episode in which they were introduced, she had to be very visual and "cute," making Mike pull her behind him on a suitcase.  She kept looking at the camera as though IT was the target of her behavior, not Mike.  She was playing to the camera every bit as much as Brittney did on "The Other Way" when Azan berated her for hugging a production staff member in public.  "It doesn't matter what people think about how I'm behaving, just keep that camera pointed at MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

I'm 74 years old and have traveled quite a bit;  I have NEVER seen an adult being pulled on a standard wheeled suitcase.  The closest I've ever seen is watching someone on "My 600-Pound Life" on a big luggage cart.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

To be clear, Sara had every right to put Natalie in her place, but I think Mike took a friendly situation (staying at a friend's house when you travel into town for their wedding) and used it to make Natalie jealous.

I agree...I think Mike can't get over his "former fat-boy" self.  He's insecure at every turn and covers it with bravado and {shrugs}.  He will insinuate all sorts of things while he and Natalie are together...just to maintain the upper hand.  

Just fly away, Natalie.  Ahh....but there are those TLC contracts...for both of 'em.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Amira seems a bit......dim to put it nicely.

Thank you.  I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt...thinking she spoke so slowly because she was translating everything into English.  I think DIM is the best description.

• Love 8

That some of the other cast members were so quick to side with Andrew, led me to believe that he had been communicating with some of them.  I say this because Rebecca said that she reached out to Natalie and she didn't respond.  I just can't get over the judgment. I hate to break it to them, but all of their relationships are doomed.  Based on the mean things Natalie said to Mike, I believe she told Sarah that all American women are whores.  

• Love 7
On 4/14/2021 at 1:18 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

I just thought of this... with the commonality of Ukraine ladies, I noticed none of them REALLY seemed friendly with Natalie.  I would have expected one of them to jump in with one of Natalie's scenes to reiterate why Mike yanking her around isn't like sending someone back to .... Canada.  Or even a friendly "Hey Ukraine Sister!".  Julia and Yara had it, but neither of them seemed at all interested in Natalie.  

I mean, I did mentally check out a few times while my eyes were still on the screen though... even during the plastic surgery discussion, Julia and Yara really only spoke with Rebecca and not much with Natalie, right?  

IDK why I am concerned, either.  I need to kill time at work today.  So I'm avoiding thinking about work.  LOL

Maybe because at the beginning of Part 1, Natalie said something along the lines of "If you come at me, I will destroy you." (I doubt she said "destroy," but she certainly didn't make herself approachable.)

Edited by JeanJean
misspelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, linthia said:

I get triggered every time Mike is on the screen.

Natalie has mentioned several times how Mike likes to "tease" and she never knows if he is serious or whether to believe what he is saying. When she met his mother she said the mother was just like Mike, she likes to "tease" as well and now she knows where Mike gets it from. Other words for "tease" are: mock, deride, ridicule, make fun of, humiliate, etc.

I imagine the things he thinks they need to "work" on are Natalie being too sensitive when he laughs at her confusion and hurt because he is only "teasing". He can fuck all the way off.

I did mention he triggers me.

I agree with every one of your comments.  I've never been "triggered" by idiots like Mike, but he, his mother, and his "best friend" need to reassess their cruel senses of humor.  Let's drop off Mike in Natalie's country and let her friends test their humor on him!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

Amira's determination to get to America baffles me.  She's in France!  She lives next to sunny vineyards!  If she's bored with country life she can move to Paris!  Rome isn't much farther away either.  I don't get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18