Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Tell All (Part 1)

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Interesting feedback regarding the "tells" . . . and I suspect that you developed a strong ability to sense lying because of your background as a teacher.

As to the bolded . . . I have felt this way from Day One about Natalie.  Even leaving the airport in Ukraine in the first episode in which they were introduced, she had to be very visual and "cute," making Mike pull her behind him on a suitcase.  She kept looking at the camera as though IT was the target of her behavior, not Mike.  She was playing to the camera every bit as much as Brittney did on "The Other Way" when Azan berated her for hugging a production staff member in public.  "It doesn't matter what people think about how I'm behaving, just keep that camera pointed at MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

I'm 74 years old and have traveled quite a bit;  I have NEVER seen an adult being pulled on a standard wheeled suitcase.  The closest I've ever seen is watching someone on "My 600-Pound Life" on a big luggage cart.

I have been told by several different people that I, too, can feel people out ASAP and I am usually correct in my assessment.  I have a good "read" on people.

Second bolding:  me neither!! 

• Love 2

I just can’t get over the fact that two white American males, Brandon and Jovi believe that while travelling, the same rule applies to them as it does a half Egyptian female. Especially during a pandemic.  The more Julia speaks, the less I like her.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

she had people staying at her home that came in for the wedding,

See, all I could think about was:  "No, you can't stay at my home before our wedding.  GO TO A HOTEL!  I want my space!!!"  (I actually went to a hotel the night before my wedding.  I wanted quiet and alone time, lol)

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

That some of the other cast members were so quick to side with Andrew, led me to believe that he had been communicating with some of them.

I think you are 100% correct here.  He was doing damage control ahead of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Amira's determination to get to America on television baffles me.  She's in France!  She lives next to sunny vineyards!  If she's bored with country life she can move to Paris!  Rome isn't much farther away either.  I don't get it.

FTFY.

I'm 95% convinced she never left France at any point in this debacle.  Okay, I'm 99.9% certain.  I would need to see dated/time stamped photographic evidence to believe she ever left France.  

My belief is that she and Renaissance fair failure Andrew wanted some limelight, the two of them orchestrated this bullshit, and now she has oh-so-conveniently sprouted found a new American cohort love interest who's also interested in an easy TLC paycheck. 

Maybe I'm wrong (but I'll never admit it).    

And STFU, Julia, with your "men and women can never be friends" bullshit.  Many, many women (and men) have dear friends of the opposite sex.  I can see why she and Brandon are a match, because the level of their immaturity is pretty much equal.  

I still think this shitstorm needs to be a "one and done," with maybe an appearance on Where Are They Now about 1-2 years after they exit the show.  Too many questionable shenanigans, too many thirsty participants = Near zero credibility.  

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm 95% convinced she never left France at any point in this debacle.  Okay, I'm 99.9% certain.  I would need to see dated/time stamped photographic evidence to believe she ever left France.  

We saw her in Serbia, didn't we?  I, too, would like to see evidence if her being in Mexico.  Passport stamps, please.

15 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And STFU, Julia, with your "men and women can never be friends" bullshit.  Many, many women (and men) have dear friends of the opposite sex. 

No kidding.  Please don't tell me I can't have a male friend or my hubby can't have a female friend.  Just....no.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

My belief is that she and Renaissance fair failure Andrew wanted some limelight, the two of them orchestrated this bullshit, and now she has oh-so-conveniently sprouted found a new American cohort love interest who's also interested in an easy TLC paycheck. 

While she and Andrew may very well have cooked this up between themselves, she was definitely in the Belgrade airport. I've slept in it. Twice. I know every corner of that fucker. 

Also

Spoiler

In an interview with a producer they confirmed that Amira was in Mexico City. They tried to get Andrew to go to her. He refused.

I'm honestly perplexed as to why people seem to think her detainment story is impossible. In an attempt to play the system she, of Middle Eastern origin, flew to Mexico with a one-way ticket during a pandemic and gave shady answers when questioned. She wasn't thrown into a Mexican prison, she was placed in a detainment center for 3 days (72 hours is pretty much standard for these situations) and then deported to her country of origin. It happens. A lot. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

We saw her in Serbia, didn't we?  I, too, would like to see evidence if her being in Mexico.  Passport stamps, please.

No kidding.  Please don't tell me I can't have a male friend or my hubby can't have a female friend.  Just....no.

I don't recall seeing her in Serbia.  Just random street shots of Serbia that could have even been gathered from a Google image search and her (supposedly) sitting in a hotel room in Serbia filming herself...which could have been done from anywhere. 

I don't trust anything with these two without solid proof.  😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, Shauna said:

When I hear Julie not speaking correctly, I always wonder if, in private conversations, Brandon corrects her.   I know I would.   How else will she, or others, learn?  

Natalie and Yara are only slightly better.  Yara was constantly using "so much".  "It is so much cold", "I am so much happy".  

But they are way ahead of most Americans who only speak English.  People from Eastern Europe and Russia sometimes speak 3 languages.  

They never mentioned the cultural differences and language issues.  When Natalie tells Mike he's fat and needs to change his diet, she's seen as controlling.  Culturally Americans pretend everyone is great and no one needs to change.  No, you're not fat!  Yes, he's fat and needs to change his diet.  They are more blunt and honest in some cultures.   

• Love 9
On 4/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, Shauna said:

When I hear Julie not speaking correctly, I always wonder if, in private conversations, Brandon corrects her.   I know I would.   How else will she, or others, learn?  

If I were married to Brandon and he went around "correcting" me all the time then I'd nip that in the bud and only speak Russian. She can hold entire conversations in his language, he had to use Google translate for his vows and still mispronounced every other word.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

Amira looked like a cheap streetwalker in that red bustier. That hair is beautiful, but is it extensions or a "fall"? It always looks too perfectly waved to be her actual real hair. And those lips! I think "lipstick on a pig" every time I see her (and Natalie too).  

It's obvious that Amira is going to fall in love with any American man who'll bring her to the US for a green card and her dream job behind a cosmetics counter at Macy's.

My dream would be to meet Amira behind the counter at Macy's.  Evertime I've gone to get my makeup done its been by someone who barely cared. It would be awesome to have my makeup done by someone who had a passion for make up.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought Natalie looked horrible, she needs to do something with her hair and learn a new make up routine but her dress was nice.

We all spent part 2 of this Tell Barely Anything looking up Rebecca's skirt...her body looks no different from her before the procedure.   I have to agree with Julia to a point, she stressed going to the gym is the way you will make changes in your physicality, her delivery was not great but it is good advice.

Zied is getting lessons on how to take short cuts, don't work at getting healthy just pay a doctor to suck it out, does he know those fat cells will migrate to some other part of his body? 

Amira's story has holes in it, Andrew's story has holes in it, somewhere there is the truth but we will never know that truth, what we saw was two people who showed us who they are so I am not so bothered by not knowing all the details.  I do not believe Amira has found the love of her life, I do believe she found the next guy that might get her to the US and I do believe that Andrew went home to sew a new cape for the next in person Comic Con.

Lipo, IIRC, at MOST takes out 15 pounds of fat.  

19 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

The Tarik/Minty/Hazel stupid storyline seems crafted to cause drama and get them another season.

Hell all of them want another season on the many different spinoffs, this is why the show has gotten boring.

And I hope Rebecca didn't pay for any of her surgeries because she doesn't look any slimmer.  It's crazy she spends so much time on filters and 'surgeries' and gives no thought to styling her hair or buy volumizer at least.

Exactly! Regarding Rebecca.  The tell all is the best place for her to advertise for the people who did her plastic surgery.  Spend a few bucks and get a decent outfit and have your hair done.  

Larissa may have looked ridiculous.  But Larissa looked 100% of what she was going for at every tell all. 

If you were a human who wanted to look like Larissa her look at the tell all would make you ask where she got her work done. 

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That some of the other cast members were so quick to side with Andrew, led me to believe that he had been communicating with some of them.  I say this because Rebecca said that she reached out to Natalie and she didn't respond.  I just can't get over the judgment. I hate to break it to them, but all of their relationships are doomed.  Based on the mean things Natalie said to Mike, I believe she told Sarah that all American women are whores.  

That's so disgusting.  I haven't watched yet but I'm prepared to be mad.  People are so stupid, why would anyone align themselves with him.  What a mistake. 

Especially if it was Rebecca who has claimed to have been an abuse victim.  

51 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Natalie and Yara are only slightly better.  Yara was constantly using "so much".  "It is so much cold", "I am so much happy".  

But they are way ahead of most Americans who only speak English.  People from Eastern Europe and Russia sometimes speak 3 languages.  

They never mentioned the cultural differences and language issues.  When Natalie tells Mike he's fat and needs to change his diet, she's seen as controlling.  Culturally Americans pretend everyone is great and no one needs to change.  No, you're not fat!  Yes, he's fat and needs to change his diet.  They are more blunt and honest in some cultures.   

I dont think a lack of tact can be blamed on culture.  Though I think a lot of people try to use it as a cop out for being rude and insufferable.  

Around the world people know how to be decent to each other.  Natalie thinks that Mike is so far beneath her that she didn't even have to try.  

Even if one were to say "well, in her culture it's cool to be a vicious asshole" IF she loved Mike she would have modified that behavior when she knew how much it bothered him. 

There are a million tactful and non insulting ways to encourage someone to lose weight.  She didn't really try any of these.  Instead she immediately shot ahead to nags and insults.  

We have not seen another solitary ukranian person in Natalie's life be as "honest" to Natalie as she has been to Mike.  No one has called her a spinster, no one had gone out of their way to be shitty to her even though they probably think she is getting to be an old maid who can't keep a man.  

In her first season she was right in that she could talk to Mike any old way and he sucked it up.  She miscalculated this time.    

• Love 8

Julia and Amira are probably angling for more sweet Matt Sharp TV time, but I don't want to see either of those little gremlins on my screen again.

As @mamadrama, I believe, pointed out somewhere in these threads, Julia has all the wisdom of a very young person who doesn't know jack shit about life. I'm super not interested in her hot takes on how weight loss works (that's not even why you get lipo, dumbass) and why birth control is poison, all delivered with unwavering refusal to use the word "he" when a male is the subject of the sentence. Him do this, him don't do that, me no watch.

Amira is a tiresome vacuum of self-efficacy. I've never seen anyone on this show, not even Dinyell "Mahamit Frauded Me" Jbali, coast along with less sense of agency in her own life. Maybe she's the opposite of Samson, and if someone cut that Troy Polamalu mop off her thick head she'd gain strength. And the whining, oh lord, the whining. It's fantastic that she's multi-lingual, but I'm still deducting points for the Peggy-Hill-Spanish approach to English accent and emphasis. Like I've said before, no one in France would tolerate me putting a heavy Texan cadence on le Francais, and I wouldn't blame them a bit. She says she wants to leave France because she doesn't feel she fits in there, but I'd argue there's no better place on Earth for an extra from Moulin Rouge 2: Whiny Ass Boogaloo.

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7

Regarding the argument at the Tell All about Andrew and the texts that he did/didn't send while she was detained:

Spoiler

Andrew posted his "proof" online. He sent 3 texts over 3 days. Day 1: I'm sorry and love you. Day 2: doing research Day 3: omg are you okay? 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Regarding the argument at the Tell All about Andrew and the texts that he did/didn't send while she was detained:

Hide contents

Andrew posted his "proof" online. He sent 3 texts over 3 days. Day 1: I'm sorry and love you. Day 2: doing research Day 3: omg are you okay? 

Wow, he managed to send texts.  What a heroic gem of a man. 

If true I cannot believe that he is seriously posting this as a way to make himself look any better. He is a toad.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Julia. Her not cute. Her fucking pain in the ass. Her schtick of "Cute Russian girl moves to American farm puppy mill" is already unsufferable and old. Her better enjoy it now. 

I was horrified that the producers obviously encouraged the cast to put pressure on Amira to be on screen with Andrew. If her story was remotely true she shouldn't have to be confronted by an emotionally abusive psychopath. No, her story isn't perfect but I'm leaning more toward it being true. Even shady TLC must have to do some fact checking (eg, the texts, where she was) in order not to get sued by Andrew who wasn't on stage to defend himself. The producers just let him go. I was on board with the theory they both concocted this story to get on tv but what did he get out of it besides a vacation? He looks like a psychopath now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I don't recall seeing her in Serbia.  Just random street shots of Serbia that could have even been gathered from a Google image search and her (supposedly) sitting in a hotel room in Serbia filming herself...which could have been done from anywhere. 

I don't trust anything with these two without solid proof.  😂

I am not trying to be contradictory, but I swore we saw shots of her walking in the streets.  But I could be wrong, and again......why do I care? I would like to see passports as well.

Per Brandon possibly correcting her, I have a MIL who corrects my grammar on front of people and it makes me 1) horribly embarrassed and 2) makes me not want to talk.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Lipo, IIRC, at MOST takes out 15 pounds of fat.  

Exactly! Regarding Rebecca.  The tell all is the best place for her to advertise for the people who did her plastic surgery.  Spend a few bucks and get a decent outfit and have your hair done.  

Larissa may have looked ridiculous.  But Larissa looked 100% of what she was going for at every tell all. 

If you were a human who wanted to look like Larissa her look at the tell all would make you ask where she got her work done. 

That's so disgusting.  I haven't watched yet but I'm prepared to be mad.  People are so stupid, why would anyone align themselves with him.  What a mistake. 

Especially if it was Rebecca who has claimed to have been an abuse victim.  

I dont think a lack of tact can be blamed on culture.  Though I think a lot of people try to use it as a cop out for being rude and insufferable.  

Around the world people know how to be decent to each other.  Natalie thinks that Mike is so far beneath her that she didn't even have to try.  

Even if one were to say "well, in her culture it's cool to be a vicious asshole" IF she loved Mike she would have modified that behavior when she knew how much it bothered him. 

There are a million tactful and non insulting ways to encourage someone to lose weight.  She didn't really try any of these.  Instead she immediately shot ahead to nags and insults.  

We have not seen another solitary ukranian person in Natalie's life be as "honest" to Natalie as she has been to Mike.  No one has called her a spinster, no one had gone out of their way to be shitty to her even though they probably think she is getting to be an old maid who can't keep a man.  

In her first season she was right in that she could talk to Mike any old way and he sucked it up.  She miscalculated this time.    

Yara is pretty honest too.  She also mentioned how fat Americans were and the portion sizes that they eat.  She told Javi exactly what she thought and what was wrong with him but he was not Mike so he actually worked on issues that bothered her. 

Calling someone a spinster is from the 1800's first, and not comparable to over eating and overweight. 

I think there are language miscommunications and cultural differences that they all should discuss.  I'm sure they do plenty of "in my country" but the show doesn't put it on.  Natalie needs to work on the way she speaks and asking him to change his diet is a lost cause.  On the other extreme though, is to pretend like there's nothing wrong with the way he doesn't take care of himself.  

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Lambie said:

Julia. Her not cute. Her fucking pain in the ass. Her schtick of "Cute Russian girl moves to American farm puppy mill" is already unsufferable and old. Her better enjoy it now. 

I was horrified that the producers obviously encouraged the cast to put pressure on Amira to be on screen with Andrew. If her story was remotely true she shouldn't have to be confronted by an emotionally abusive psychopath. No, her story isn't perfect but I'm leaning more toward it being true. Even shady TLC must have to do some fact checking (eg, the texts, where she was) in order not to get sued by Andrew who wasn't on stage to defend himself. The producers just let him go. I was on board with the theory they both concocted this story to get on tv but what did he get out of it besides a vacation? He looks like a psychopath now.

I'm actually gotten a little upset by the "Amira is lying" comments. Not here mind you, you're my homies, but FB, Reddit, etc. Maybe she is, I don't know. Hell, half the storylines are exaggerated. But if someone says they feel uncomfortable around someone else then that should be the end of it. We are not a jury, nor is the rest of her castmates. We don't get to decide what she, or anyone else, can handle or should be able to. It's not about how fake their storyline may be, it's about someone saying they're uncomfortable and others pressuring her. Natalie can take a few seats-she refused to answer questions herself. Andrew had the chance to tell his side and he refused. That's on him, not on her.

I think it's telling that Sharp chose to honor Amira's wishes. They could've canceled her interview when she made demands, they DID pay to fly Andrew out and board him, but they didn't. 

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am not trying to be contradictory, but I swore we saw shots of her walking in the streets.  But I could be wrong, and again......why do I care? I would like to see passports as well.

Per Brandon possibly correcting her, I have a MIL who corrects my grammar on front of people and it makes me 1) horribly embarrassed and 2) makes me not want to talk.

We did see her in Serbia. There was also some stuff on Bares All. 

2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

In defense of the cast siding with Andouche, the Tell Nothing is filmed before any episodes are aired, so all they would know is whatever he told them.

And he's been working to control the narrative overtime online since the season started airing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Lemons said:

Well, I'm just now watching Natalie getting dressed before her sad, desperate wedding to Mike on day 90.

She's in her white dress she brought from Ukraine. Natalie, you're fat. Your ass and boobs are twice the size they were when you arrived, you're not beautiful, your clothes look painted on, and your hair is a frizzy mess.

I'm laughing to myself thinking about your  riding on Mike's luggage cart today and his inability to drag you through the airport. 

You're a helpless crybaby spinster who doesn't open your mouth to speak; you ain't the coquettish young chick you think you are. How dare you call my fellow Americans fat, stupid, ugly or whore. You need to get off my TV. 

• Love 14

I am so glad to have been wrong about Rebecca.  I made a total 180 on her....okay maybe a 164.  She TOTALLY had Andrew pegged and saw through him.  So proud of her for seeing it and speaking up.  

That almost forgives that terrible outfit and hair.  Do better Rebecca!

As for the text messages, I think its entirely possible that both stories are true.  When I was in Central America, the cell phone service just wasn't as good as it was in the states, so when I tried to send messages to the guy I was dating at the time they sometimes didn't go through.......even if it kinda looked like they did.  So on my end it would look like I had sent a message and on his end he didn't get anything.  

But those three piddly ass messages Andrew said he sent are barely a defense.  I'm happy Amira found someone else - I don't hate her at all.  I believe she does have pretty bad anxiety and is a little fragile in that way.  I completely believe what she says about Andrews behavior because he has had flashes of rage and anger that I can see in his eyes.  

I'm so glad they let that greasy sweat stain have his temper tantrum and go home.  

Also, on my computer this website seems very narrow.....I've tried increasing the font side but its just pretty small...am I doing something wrong?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, spunky said:

I personally think Tarik loves Hazel as a person  but is in love with Minty.  His refusal to cut ties with her says it all. I don't see Hazel sticking around after she's found a girlfriend. 

From what we saw Andrew seems like the verbally abusive type.  Amira found herself another American,  hopefully he's better than Andrew.  See seems to easily fall in love.

Julia was giving her best pillow talk audition.  Maybe the extra income will help them move out of his parents house.  

I don't know how common polyamorous relationships are, but I think it probably a lot like trying to swim in a gator filled pit.  In the ones that I've seen, there seems to be one person who is pushing the multiple partners and the other person is just along for the ride or is pretending like they are into it.  

And here is my controversial hottake.   I think a person who agrees to be the third person, or the subordinate in someone else's marriage either has issues or is looking for something.  This means that it is likely that feelings WILL be hurt.  I just don't think people like playing second banana and the understudy is always secretly hoping the lead will get food poisoning.  Its possible there are three people who find each other and are on the same page.....I just think more often than not, it doesn't work out. 

Julia doesn't have an original thought in her head.  

That whole "men and women can't be friends because one of them will be in love with the other" schtick has been around since like the 80s.  How many times has it been said?  How many movies have been based on that premise?

I'm was not a fan of Rebecca until tonight.  I do not know if her humor would translate to the Pillow Talk show because I don't watch it.  BUT, she saw something that no one else saw, so she may have a fresh perspective and see things that other cast members may miss.  

She really needs a stylist, that outfit was so damn tragic. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Julia doesn't have an original thought in her head.  

That whole "men and women can't be friends because one of them will be in love with the other" schtick has been around since like the 80s.  How many times has it been said?  How many movies have been based on that premise?

I'm was not a fan of Rebecca until tonight.  I do not know if her humor would translate to the Pillow Talk show because I don't watch it.  BUT, she saw something that no one else saw, so she may have a fresh perspective and see things that other cast members may miss.  

She really needs a stylist, that outfit was so damn tragic. 

The men and women can't be friends thing is pure nonsense.  Rebecca caught on to Andrew's little comment and saw it for what it was. I'm so glad that she Zied and Tarik saw Andrew for who he is. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In his defense it is hard to text whilst operating a four wheeler or getting a massage.

You're so right, he probably squeezed a few in while he ate a romantic lobster dinner for two a la Ceasar.  Andrew, a profile in courage and sacrifice.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I believe Sara didnt have sex with Mike, just because her version of events makes logical sense-she had people staying at her home that came in for the wedding, Mike was one of those people, she stated she was getting into the shower and went to get ready. Not that I think women (or Sara specifically) are above cheating on their fiancé the night before their wedding (I know of situations where people have done that- men and women), but I didnt get the vibe from Sara.

Now I do believe that Natalie asked here were all American women whores or just her (which wasnt appropriate and I am glad Sara stood up for herself), but I also think Mike did or said something that let Natalie believe that he wanted Sara or was behaving not as a man does who has a fiancé to make her jealous and get her panties in a knot. Given what we know of Mike I 100% believe that happened.

To be clear, Sara had every right to put Natalie in her place, but I think Mike took a friendly situation (staying at a friend's house when you travel into town for their wedding) and used it to make Natalie jealous.

THIS!  is what we should have gotten to the bottom of instead of Tariq, Hazel, Minty and hypothetical future girlfriend.  

Sarah kinda seems like a joyless human being, but, I have to remember that its not just Natalie and Mike who were affected by Natalie's accusations, but Sarah and her husband were too.  

What were the circumstances of the call?  Did Sarah "meet" Natalie after the wedding?  Didn't Mike tell Sarah that Natalie was upset and thought they slept together or was he happy to blindside Sarah with Natalie's rage and insults?  Mike keeps trying to "stay out of it" by not saying if Natalie made the comment in the first place, but did he set this up?  If Natalie was that upset, why would he set his friend up like that?  Why would he set up his fiancee like that?  And if he is setting these things in motion, to what end?

Natalie is plenty crazy, but even a crazy ass cuckoo clock is right twice a day.  Is Mike some kind of weirdo setting her up to look even crazier than she is?

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I had a Ukrainian music minister a couple of years ago who bluntly corrected me on some singing habits I had and really hurt my feelings. Especially because he was 100% right, but his delivery left a lot to be desired. I chalked it up to cultural differences. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Someone like Rebecca marries, marries, marries...always looking for love on all the wrong continents. Apparently that's HER morality that we must recognize and stamp "Approved."  Then she's shocked, Ah say, shocked, at the grievous sin  Tarik and Hazel are pursuing.

FoghornLeghorn.jpg.b22606a25c2e6c8d2dd4264e69bfed30.jpg

Natalie marries three times, yet judges someone else's "arrangement" (one man/two ladies). Were they all REALLY so shocked (you too, Julia and Yara)...or were they emoting for the cameras?

Is there no Live and Let Live in this group of showbiz wannabees?

image.png.f47e5197189709ef105739ab8f8d89d1.png

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

That whole "men and women can't be friends because one of them will be in love with the other" schtick has been around since like the 80s. 

Eighties?   Perhaps the 1480s--probably earlier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Lemons said:

Calling someone a spinster is from the 1800's first, and not comparable to over eating and overweight.

I've seen this word thrown around a few times here and I agree with Lemons.  Seriously? 

10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm actually gotten a little upset by the "Amira is lying" comments. Not here mind you, you're my homies, but FB, Reddit, etc. Maybe she is, I don't know. Hell, half the storylines are exaggerated. But if someone says they feel uncomfortable around someone else then that should be the end of it.

Totally.  Putting pressure on her to be on camera with Andrew is exactly the tactic that he has been using with her.  Whether I believe her or not isn't the issue.  IMO, if everyone thinks she is trying to be a famewhore, then she would have agreed to be on camera.  It would have been TLC gold and could have gone down in history.  If they conspired together to have this storyline, then her not wanting to participate doesn't fit the script.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

And here is my controversial hottake.   I think a person who agrees to be the third person, or the subordinate in someone else's marriage either has issues or is looking for something.  This means that it is likely that feelings WILL be hurt.  I just don't think people like playing second banana and the understudy is always secretly hoping the lead will get food poisoning.  Its possible there are three people who find each other and are on the same page.....I just think more often than not, it doesn't work out. 

I agree.

Didn't Tarik mention he had a poly relationship in the past and understood how to navigate that sort of relationship? I am guessing it failed because he is here today wanting to enter another one.  Hazel is not in to men especially not into Tarik and I think this is his way of saving face, he can have the appearance of a wife, I wonder what Hazel would say if Tarik told her that he likes men and would like to add a man to their relationship.

I would imagine that the girlfriend would grow tired of Tarik and Hazel quickly, those two need to get it right between themselves before bringing in someone else to the mix.

Why is Hazel so jealous of Minty, that girl is 10,000 miles away and Tarik is broke, he will never see her in person again.  Also, I do not believe for one minute the three of them did not get in bed together, Tarik and Hazel flew to see her, you know they talked about things via the internet for a while before they met...just sayin'.  

Maybe Tarik should go on Seeking Sister Wife, because those always end well, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I had a Ukrainian music minister a couple of years ago who bluntly corrected me on some singing habits I had and really hurt my feelings. Especially because he was 100% right, but his delivery left a lot to be desired. I chalked it up to cultural differences. 

I won't even mention the 30+ years of my Israeli cousin's bluntness, it can be startling and I have called her on it many times, even her husband has to take her down a notch or two and tell her where she went wrong.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm actually gotten a little upset by the "Amira is lying" comments. Not here mind you, you're my homies, but FB, Reddit, etc. Maybe she is, I don't know. Hell, half the storylines are exaggerated. But if someone says they feel uncomfortable around someone else then that should be the end of it. We are not a jury, nor is the rest of her castmates. We don't get to decide what she, or anyone else, can handle or should be able to. It's not about how fake their storyline may be, it's about someone saying they're uncomfortable and others pressuring her. Natalie can take a few seats-she refused to answer questions herself. Andrew had the chance to tell his side and he refused. That's on him, not on her.

Me too.  Things went down between them and she seemed afraid.  That is all we need to know and the cast can stop badgering her.  I went on Andrew's IG and it seemed to be 80% ass licking of him and his endless selfies and 20% calling him a turd.

Oh - Jovi?  You can shut it that you have been to "sketchy" places and golly gee Beaver, NUTHIN' LIKE THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME IN AN AIRPORT!  

I love these couples on their second and third (and beyond) marriages doling out advice.  Hey I am divorced and remarried and I keep my trap shut, lol.  

Tarik, no one cares about you, Hazel or Minty.  Figure something out - you have a young daughter in the house and perhaps a stepson soon,  My take:  Hazel leaves Tarik for a woman, Harry stays overseas.  Not judging, I just think that is how it will all play out.

We all need to remember that these people are 15 years old emotionally, hence they react the way they do, assuming a man and woman CAN'T be in the same house without boning!  YOU ARE NOT WEARING YOUR RING?  HORRORS!   I keep waiting for someone to share their Math homework and pass a note during Science.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

- Loving the fact that we are unofficially protesting how lame this second half of the Tell All was by not even starting a thread for it!

- Who else wishes the Natalie / Sarah convo was filmed?? Sounds like Natalie started with her innocent question BS (“Oh where is your husband?”) then right into her attacks (“Are all American women whores??”) and it sounds like Sarah immediately fought back with fire! Had it been filmed that  would have been one of the best  scenes of this season! 

- Most people I know who try poly relationships end up in their own mini version of “Sister Wives” minus the kids — except less boring, because it’s impossible to be as boring as The Browns. Not hating on the lifestyle, just sharing what I have observed personally. 

- I’m a gay man so I often have a variation of the "men can't be friends with women" conversation, except it’s "gay guys can't be friends with straight men." I have many close straight male friends, a couple who are very good looking, but I have respect for the fact that they are straight and would never cross that line. Man / woman, gay / straight, it’s possible to have a healthy friendship if both parties are RESPECTFUL adults. Interesting how the European women acted like this is not possible. Maybe it indicates a lack of respect between the sexes in their home countries? 🤷‍♂️ 

- Finally, I know its pejorative to some, but “Spinster” is the perfect word to describe what Natalie will become. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
Forgot words
  • Love 8
On 4/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, seacliffsal said:

I agree with many other posters in that I didn't think Rebecca looked better.  But I did wonder why she felt she should interject herself into so many of the interviews.  And wow, her response to Trish was unbelievable in terms of not interfering with people's decisions was amazing as she does nothing BUT dictate to Zied what he can/can't do, think/can't think, say/can't say.

There are so many assholes on this show Rebecca is getting overlooked.  She is terrible!  Very controlling and everything is about her.  I hope Zied gets a green card, job, and leaves Rebecca and finds a person who treats him nicely.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

- Finally, I know its pejorative to some, but “Spinster” is the perfect word to describe what Natalie will become. 

Spinster is kind of an old fashioned term, but I think we can all agree that Natalie is pretty far past her "sell by" date.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Lambie said:

Absolutely.  She went from "seems to be making sense" to "oh, shut the fuck up!" in 0.2 seconds.

I'm disappointing in Shaun's handling of the Amira interview.  I think the show is too investing in keeping these famewhores around to ask good questions and they want to keep the door open with Andrew for Single Life.  

Otherwise, why not even bring up his lounging in the resort for 2 weeks.  If I was in a foreign country and learned that even a semi-close acquaintance was being detained just a few hours away (and that I was the only person they remotely knew in the country) you can bet your ass I'd be on a plane, train, or taxi to that location to try to get as much info and be of as much assistance as possible.  I think Shaun probably soft-peddled how bad that detention might have been for Amira.

And the sketchiest thing about Andrew, to me, is that he had turned down the opportunity to be able to have the last word and rebut whatever Amira said without her having the chance to respond.  He chose not to.  To me that means he felt the need to be there when she spoke to shout down everything she said so she couldn't tell her story.  His not even texting her (or only texting her once or twice) is bad, but he could've made up a story about cell service. 

I wonder if there's something even worse that he was afraid she would reveal.    

Finally, it's fascinating to see how they each dangle bait for follow-up seasons (well, we still need to work on . . . . ).  They're all so fucking thristy.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

Spinster is kind of an old fashioned term, but I think we can all agree that Natalie is pretty far past her "sell by" date.

And yet no one in her own culture has been brash enough to call her on it. So I guess tact is something that ukranians also have.  

If Natalie gets a pass for being an asshole because of her "culture" then Mike should get a pass because he is a product of his culture and how he was raised and Jovi should get a pass because he was very likely raised in an environment of toxic masculinity and Andrew should get a pass because he was coddled in life. 

A lot of people seem willing to rail against Americans who show up to other countries and won't adapt and respect the culture and norms of the country they are in.  So if that's good for others that's just as good for Natalie.  

Many times Natalie has called Mike fat, ugly and stupid have been in the midst of a fight.  So, to me, that's not some irresistible cultural urge, that is someone going for the jugular in a fight.  

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Absolutely.  She went from "seems to be making sense" to "oh, shut the fuck up!" in 0.2 seconds.

I'm disappointing in Shaun's handling of the Amira interview.  I think the show is too investing in keeping these famewhores around to ask good questions and they want to keep the door open with Andrew for Single Life.  

Otherwise, why not even bring up his lounging in the resort for 2 weeks.  If I was in a foreign country and learned that even a semi-close acquaintance was being detained just a few hours away (and that I was the only person they remotely knew in the country) you can bet your ass I'd be on a plane, train, or taxi to that location to try to get as much info and be of as much assistance as possible.  I think Shaun probably soft-peddled how bad that detention might have been for Amira.

And the sketchiest thing about Andrew, to me, is that he had turned down the opportunity to be able to have the last word and rebut whatever Amira said without her having the chance to respond.  He chose not to.  To me that means he felt the need to be there when she spoke to shout down everything she said so she couldn't tell her story.  His not even texting her (or only texting her once or twice) is bad, but he could've made up a story about cell service. 

I wonder if there's something even worse that he was afraid she would reveal.    

Finally, it's fascinating to see how they each dangle bait for follow-up seasons (well, we still need to work on . . . . ).  They're all so fucking thristy.

This post is great.  I'm on my cell so it's harder to vols the sections I really agree with.  

But, absolutely agree about Andrew and I found it odd.  

Amira is just one human being, doesn't he want to manipulate and rehab his image with the general public? But your reasoning makes sense.  He didn't want Amira to be allowed to say anything.  And that gives me the shivers because it's not a red flag, it's like a red blanket.  

And I had never thought about it but it makes sense that everyone having a relationship that "needs work" is bait for another season on TLC. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

"Her name was Lola, she was a show girl," pinning away for any of her ex husbands and never realizing her bad behavior is why she is alone. Oh who knows what will become of Natalie, maybe she will find a nice Oak or Spruce to settle down with.

Did anyone else think Shaun sounded like a medium when the producers were talking to her in her ear, shaking her head and saying random things out loud like, "what" "Ok" "I'll tell them," Like Whoopie Goldberg in Ghost!

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm honestly perplexed as to why people seem to think her detainment story is impossible. In an attempt to play the system she, of Middle Eastern origin, flew to Mexico with a one-way ticket during a pandemic and gave shady answers when questioned. She wasn't thrown into a Mexican prison, she was placed in a detainment center for 3 days (72 hours is pretty much standard for these situations) and then deported to her country of origin. It happens. A lot. 

When there's nothing else on the DVR, we sometimes catch a couple of episodes of "To Catch A Smuggler."  While the show is set in US airports, the detainment process is similar to what you describe. 

If a person is not allowed into the country for non-felony reasons (overstaying a prior visa, trying to deceive the immigration folks, etc.), they are put into a detention area until the next available flight back to where their incoming flight came from.  They are never released into the US (at least not on that trip).  I think Amira not having a return ticket and not being a good liar about the purpose of her trip did her in.  

In reality, the Mexican authorities did her a big favor by not allowing her to meet up with Andrew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 4/19/2021 at 6:47 AM, spunky said:

I personally think Tarik loves Hazel as a person  but is in love with Minty.  His refusal to cut ties with her says it all. I don't see Hazel sticking around after she's found a girlfriend. 

From what we saw Andrew seems like the verbally abusive type.  Amira found herself another American,  hopefully he's better than Andrew.  See seems to easily fall in love.

Julia was giving her best pillow talk audition.  Maybe the extra income will help them move out of his parents house.  

As someone who is not a Tarik lover, I totally respect how he's behaved towards Hazel since their previous season through to their wedding.  Didn't it come out, at the end of their previous season, that Hazel was homeless, or am I misremembering that?  I thought he resolved that situation for her until he could bring her over to the U.S. 

I also totally believe, based on his being what seems to be a very devoted father to his autistic daughter, that he will do everything in his power to help Hazel's efforts to bring her son over to the U.S., or at the very least, help out by sending funds back home for his care and well being.

All of that being said, I wish he had dumped Hazel and hooked up with Minty.  She's absolutely gorgeous and seemingly upbeat and pleasant, whereas Hazel always has a sour look on her puss like she's just smelled something bad.  She's totally joyless and a true Debbie Downer.  I get depressed just watching any scenes with her.  She sucks the life out of every room she's in.  I think that Minty would have brought joy and pleasure into Tarik and his daughter's lives, whereas Hazel seems to me to be just an ungrateful taker.

Edited by Xebug67
Corrected typo.
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

As someone who is not a Tarik lover, I totally respect how he's behaved towards Hazel since their previous season through to their wedding.  Didn't it come out, at the end of their previous season, that Hazel was homeless, or am I misremembering that?  I thought he resolved that situation for her until he could bring her over to the U.S. 

I also totally believe, based on his being what seems to be a very devoted father to his autistic daughter, that he will do everything in his power to help Hazel's efforts to bring her son over to the U.S., or at the very least, help out by sending funds back home for his care and well being.

All of that being said, I wish he had dumped Hazel and hooked up with Minty.  She's absolutely gorgeous and seemingly upbeat and pleasant, whereas Hazel always has a sour look on her puss like she's just smelled something bad.  She's totally joyless and a true Debbie Downer.  I get depressed just watching any scenes with her.  She sucks the life out of every room she's in.  I think that Minty would have brought joy and pleasure into Tarik and his dauther's lives, whereas Hazel seems to me to be just an ungrateful taker.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about Hazel. 

• Love 9
On 4/19/2021 at 9:09 AM, CruiseDiva said:

Amira looked like a cheap streetwalker in that red bustier. That hair is beautiful, but is it extensions or a "fall"? It always looks too perfectly waved to be her actual real hair. And those lips! I think "lipstick on a pig" every time I see her (and Natalie too).  

It's obvious that Amira is going to fall in love with any American man who'll bring her to the US for a green card and her dream job behind a cosmetics counter at Macy's.

When I was much younger I had long, very thick straight hair, almost as thick as Amira's.  I frequently wore my hair slicked back on top and in either a pony tail, braid or a bun.  Whenever I slicked the top down it didn't look like I had the thick hair that I did have if you looked at me from the front, but from the back I could never have gotten my bun as tiny as Amira had hers in one of her talking head interviews while she was still in Serbia.

That's what makes me believe that she's wearing an excellent, incredibly natural looking wig or weave, because hair that thick and long will still be somewhat pronounced in any bun or ponytail.

Edited by Xebug67
Corrected/changed "taily" to "tail" (the term Tailys/Tailees would be correct for Snowpiercer, but not 90 Day Fiance, LOL.)
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, mamadrama said:

If I were married to Brandon and he went around "correcting" me all the time then I'd nip that in the bud and only speak Russian. She can hold entire conversations in his language, he had to use Google translate for his vows and still mispronounced every other word.

It it were me, I would want my partner to school me so I could learn to speak the language correctly. 

• Love 6

Re:  Tarek & Hazel vs. Tarek & Minty.

Yes, Minty is prettier, more upbeat, smiles more, is more sexy.

But I love the interactions between Hazel & Auri.  Hazel clearly has love for Auri in a way that most men's girlfriends would not.  She embraced Auri from her very first meeting, and I think Tarek is torn between his attraction for Minty and his love for the way Hazel treats his daughter.  

If Tarek was smart, he'd block Minty forever, and find another woman that he's also attracted to, but that Hazel would enjoy as well.  There's too much secret messaging history for Hazel to ever trust him with Minty, so they need to start fresh.

I do hope he helps Hazel bring her son over, and that her son can be a brother to Auri.  Seems like such a sweet girl.

5 minutes ago, Shauna said:

It it were me, I would want my partner to school me so I could learn to speak the language correctly. 

Me too!  But the way Brandon does it is just plain mean.  Laughing at her while correcting her is just not nice.  Saying, "Oh, here's how you say this" is helpful.  Laughing at her use of the wrong word is not. 

She kept trying to say the word "pregnant", but she kept saying "pregmant", and he laughed.  Um, dude, what's the word for "pregnant" in Russian?  Can you even get close?  Or can you simply pull her aside, off camera, and help her?

When I was in France, I tried my best to speak my American-learned French, and people kept helping me.  They were always kind, and I always laughed, and I'd ask them to repeat the pronunciation so that I could learn.  Not one person laughed at me, or made fun of me (to my face at least! lol).

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, Shauna said:

He's hopeless; Brandon needs 20+more IQ points AND different parents.  Run, Julia...RUN!!

• Love 3