Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: The Monthiversary

• Start Topic

On 3/24/2021 at 9:51 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Erik will find out soon enough that Virginia’s drinking will be increasingly problematic.  You can see it.

(Also, that gift with the coordinates is so far over her head, but actually pretty interesting!)

Does anyone else notice that Eric is very competitive? He often likes to talk about how perfect their relationship. I remember in Vegas when he told the men they were not having any problems and Virginia was telling the women that they had several areas that could potentially become issues.

I wonder if this one upmanship is making him blind to some of her more glaring issues?

Did you guys see the episode of The Crown where Princess Diana and Prince Charles gave each other presents that they wanted but were not really suited to the other person? That is how I felt about Eric and Virginia's presents. She should have given him a blanket with a couple's picture rather than her and her dog.

He should have realized that she would have no clue what she was looking at with his present.

He does seem to have a lot of money and that might make her stay with him.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, Devvie said:

I want to go Clara Harris on Chris.  (She's the woman who took her Mercedes and ran over her cheating husband... not once but around and around.)  I think it would be a service to the world.  Yet, I don't really feel sorry for Paige tonight. . .  she just won't take her hand off the hot stove.  

This is the worst season ever.  And I have no intention of watching Trainwreck II "The Unmatchables".  This is so hard to watch I can't imagine something DESIGNED to be uncomfortable and dramatic would be anything other than a gigantic waste of time... the ultimate cringe fest.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:16 PM, Ms.C. said:

Honestly, I don’t understand how anyone supports Haley here.  Jamie felt same about Doug but he never knew it. And she fell for him.  That’s a good healthy personality.  Sam could not stand Neil and was mean.  She fell for him.  Even she was real.  

Haley is not psychologically  healthy.  There is nothing genuine about her.  Jake is attractive, interesting, open to trying whatever might work. He’s smart and based on his thoughtful answers and direct responses, he comes off pretty normal and good husband material to me.  Haley needs some counseling to find out why she emotionally and physically puts up walls.  It’s more than unattracted. She freezes   The best thing she could do is hold hands, try the kiss in the morning if it’s safer to her.  She’s giving it nothing. And Jake doesn’t seem to be taking it personally but it must be hard.  

will always like Jaime because of her kindness then love for someone she wasn’t attracted to.  Haley should see a sex therapist.   

On 3/25/2021 at 12:01 AM, Rae Spellman said:

Maybe Ryan is Karen, Clara is Miles and they'll have a cute YouTube channel when all this is over. As much as everyone hates Ryan's hair, it looks like he puts a fair amount of effort into it. 

The accountant, who owns rental property let the entrepreneur tell her she had no long term goals. That same accountant walked into that basketball game wearing a sports bra and no shirt. Or rather she had some top tied around her waist and still managed to show us her panties! She had her stomach out again while playing pool, too.  What does the accountant's mother think about all of this?

On 3/25/2021 at 2:32 AM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I kind of had to give him the side-eye when he said that on Unfiltered.  I just figured he was trying to save face.

The look on Clara's face when Ryan called her "pal".  I don't think she recovered from that for the rest of the night.  

On 3/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Racj82 said:

They've been doing this the whole season. They will say how they are on the same wavelength and growing together blah blah blah but the reality betrays them all the time. Honestly, Erik and Virginia seem the same way. Both couples talk a good game about how great they are together and how happy they are but what we see onscreen are two couples falling apart with a bunch of issues.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, bichonblitz said:

All Ryan ever says is:  Sure. We're getting there. You could practically see Clara's skin crawl when ever he says those words over and over again. Suurre. We're getting there. No, Ryan, you are not getting anywhere. I have to admit Clara was not very nice talking about changing everything in his house to accommodate her. That's a turn off. These two don't match. Just as bad as Jake and Haley except they are more polite about it. 

I agreed 100% with everything Jake said to Haley. He was cool and calm and said everything that was on his mind. He took Haley down and she was shocked and embarrassed in front of the camera. She deserved every bit of it. 

Erik's family must have some big money. I wish he would stop pretending to the other couples that he and GinGin are perfect together from the get go. Aside from sex, they have so many issues,  for some reason he doesn't want any of the couples to know. Stop fronting Erik! Erik and Clara would be much better suited for each other. He's a pilot, she's a flight attendant, she's ready for love and committment. He's a neat freak, she's a neat freak. She would probably love his condo, too.  I wonder why the experts didn't match them. 

This is a bit long but is brilliant because he calls out every single one of them including the producers for thinking this show can justify 2 hours of viewing. He addresses a lot of the things everyone has been talking about.

I was disappointed that Paige dressed for her "dates" with Chris like she was trying to entice him. There was no way those outfits where comfortable while playing basketball or pool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Unpopular opinion:  Paige irritates me more than Chris.

Oh, there are at least three characters that irritate me more than Chris. I've decided to enjoy this show as a soap opera in much the same way I enjoyed Empire or Grey's Anatomy. Almost all of the plots on all three shows are ridiculous. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 3/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Their scenes are the highlight for me.  It's probably because I've been blessed not to have such a horrible person as Chris in my life, but I find Chris repellently fascinating, and I watch Paige with my jaw dropped.  Since I don't think the show would let actual harm come to Paige (other than mental distress that she signed up for but more importantly keeps volunteering for), I can watch this deviant behavior without fear for people's safety. 

I get it. That’s how I used to watch Seeking Sisterwife. I was fascinated by it. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Oh, there are at least three characters that irritate me more than Chris. I've decided to enjoy this show as a soap opera in much the same way I enjoyed Empire or Grey's Anatomy. Almost all of the plots on all three shows are ridiculous. 

That reminds me while I have a nice buzz going, I need to rewatch the show.  It's hilarious under the influence of Mary Jane!

• LOL 3

I wonder just how much money Eric actually has!  I hope a lot because what airline would hire him after all this?  "Come fly with me"....ummm NO!

Why pair promiscuous Clare with uptight on sex Ryan???C

Haley and Jake...just no.

Brianna and what his name...they're punking us!

• Love 5
On 3/24/2021 at 9:34 PM, Straycat80 said:

Sign of sexual frustration? She doesn’t seem happy. 

If, as Clara says, they are doing "everything but" intercourse, I don't get her frustration. And why do they always,always show her at meals half-listening and shoveling food in her mouth? I hate the way production likes to spin these people.

Everything she says, Ryan responds with "Sure, sure." I don't consider that conversation.

Chris: "I'm not getting what I need from this relationship." Right after he told the cameras "we're in a good headspace." He is full of catch-phrases of the day and he means none of it. 0%.

Paige has has numerous opportunities to call him out on his nonsense. I'm done feeling badly for her. She tries to act like this is similar to an ordinary marriage- you know, the kind where the couple knows one another, respects one another, has some history, enjoys each other. He needs to take his fake, vocal-fry mumbling self and get some help.

I don't get the whole "eww creepy Jake" thing here; maybe it's his rather cro-magnon looks and workout guy personality but I think again that production has portrayed this negatively. He likes to work out, he's a little weird-good lord, I know so many people who are odd in other ways (larpers, gamers, anime enthusiasts, etc)- what's wrong with liking the 80s? Not my thing but hey, there's going to be someone out there for him. It's very painful to try and have a "relationship" with someone who obviously is repelled by you- not to mention that it's being played out on camera for the world to see. Hayley is bad at playing along. Her crocodile tears and "I've done all I can in this relationship" are total BS but I can't imagine what it's like to try to fake it out in the end if you know it's hopeless.  Too bad they can't both just say "hey, you aren't my type but let's have a few more dinners out and ride this thing a few more weeks. All the best to you."

I don't know why this show thinks it's a good idea to replay the weddings. I can watch it in reruns if I want to (I don't). The Vince/Brianna date with wedding video was useless and painful and I fast-forwarded through all of it. 

Virginia is what I call a "fast-talker" (when she is sober). I think these two have fun but I don't think she is ready to be married and he thinks he is too old to change. I predict they stay together at decision day and implode a few months thereafter.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

If, as Clara says, they are doing "everything but" intercourse, I don't get her frustration.

I believe it's because she's doing all the 'everything" and he is the recipient only of the "everything". 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why pair promiscuous Clare with uptight on sex Ryan???C

These experts are hell bent on promoting the opposites attract theory. It's not working, never worked with the couples and they need to stop it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder just how much money Eric actually has!  I hope a lot because what airline would hire him after all this?  "Come fly with me"....ummm NO!

I'm not crazy about him, but I haven't seen anything that would make me not want him as my pilot.  The only possible issue would be if he decided to start matching Virginia in her drinking during hours he's not allowed to, but I don't get the impression he's going to do that.

36 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

It's very painful to try and have a "relationship" with someone who obviously is repelled by you- not to mention that it's being played out on camera for the world to see. Hayley is bad at playing along. Her crocodile tears and "I've done all I can in this relationship" are total BS but I can't imagine what it's like to try to fake it out in the end if you know it's hopeless. 

While it might hurt Jake's feelings, it would be easier for him to lay off than for Haley to muster attraction to someone she's not attracted to.  Or to allow physical affection from someone she's not attracted to.  (But I've never thought any of the people on this show are obligated to have sex with their spouses.)  So I can believe she has done all she can in the relationship.

For a while, I was running around with a "coterie of nerds," as a friend of mine called them.  I was slightly cooler than they were, and I'd spearhead going to places they wouldn't have felt confident going on their own, like punk clubs back in the 1980s.  It was fun, and I never thought about it at the time, but I'm really glad none of them ever made a romantic gesture because I would have been as ill-equipped to handle it as Haley appears to be.  That's probably why I have sympathy for her--I'm not the least bit attracted to Jake, either, and can't imagine being in her shoes, and having complicated it by giving drunken sex a whirl. 

• Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, seacliffsal said:

.  And Eric comes from money as that hangar was amazing-as were the planes and cars housed in it.  I was with Virginia-move in there!   

I think Virginia saw $dollar signs$ when she walked into that hangar. She even said, "We could move in heeere." Nevermind that it has stairs and is technically his place.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, gonecrackers said:

I thought that when Jake pointed out Haley "hugs strangers" & she responded that she "doesn't ever have to see them again".  Not gonna diagnose but that & the fact she finds fault with all the men at the jump strongly hints at emotional intimacy issues.

To me is screamed fakery. She can hug strangers because she'll never see them again,  so the hug really means nothing.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, Boo Boo said:

For me, I don't blame Haley for her lack of attraction to Jake.  I'm sure she had sex with him hoping for a connection and that clearly didn't happen.  

What a Chris move. 😏

😄

On 3/24/2021 at 7:06 PM, gonecrackers said:

And why not? He worked for them. Ladies always say "if you got 'em flaunt 'em" about their boobs, so why shouldn't he show off his nicely worked arms.

Then there's Twiggy next to him... (sorry Erik, that was mean of me). 😈

Eric even made Dr. Viviana (sitting next to him) look like an Amazon! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/24/2021 at 8:39 PM, Cancun said:

Ha, I was gonna say the Chart Lady had better relationship advice than “the experts.”  Be aware of a tendency to control, actively let defenses down, let go of negative energy.

"Don't look at ME! He's defensive TOO!" - Hayley being defensive

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Playing Candy Crush while the ep plays because On Demand won't let me FF through Paige/Chris scenes, and just whipped my head around because I heard the song lyrics "Driving your daddy's Mercedes" while they play pool. Well done, music person.

• LOL 5

Enough has been said about this season's contestants, so I'll just add this about the new show:  I don't know why drinking wine in your bathroom makes you "unmatchable", but the death knell for me was watching "Dr." Viv attempting to teach that poor woman (who, in the words of Joey Tribbiani, "isn't attractive enough to even BE on tv",) how to kiss on a rubber mouth.  Just no.  I will not be watching that show 😄 

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/25/2021 at 1:57 AM, JAndy said:

I do think he has horrible delivery. He needs to work on that. On unfiltered he said it was a character flaw, so maybe looking back at himself on TV he doesn’t like what he sees 

I hope it’s the delivery because Eric gives me red flags.  He doesn’t seem to want to compromise on anything and he’s condescending.  Everything is, “that’s it, end of discussion,” and Virginia’s problem.  I don’t think Virginia is perfect at all, but I find Eric more problematic.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, princelina said:

Enough has been said about this season's contestants, so I'll just add this about the new show:  I don't know why drinking wine in your bathroom makes you "unmatchable", but the death knell for me was watching "Dr." Viv attempting to teach that poor woman (who, in the words of Joey Tribbiani, "isn't attractive enough to even BE on tv",) how to kiss on a rubber mouth.  Just no.  I will not be watching that show 😄 

I think about that virgin show and how one of the couples kissed at the wedding, and I still retch when I remember how that kiss went, truly awful so that is why it was never a question whether I would watch the Unmatchable show or not, not gonna do it.  

I feel like there have been enough bubble baths with a glass of wine amongst us here on this board, like who hasn't heard of bathroom wine,  HW's have indroduced us to throwing wine, there is cooking wine and need space in my fridge so drink the last of the bottle of wine, oh so many wines!

Alsom I have to ring shame Clara and Virginia, too many rings!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

Playing Candy Crush while the ep plays because On Demand won't let me FF through Paige/Chris scenes, and just whipped my head around because I heard the song lyrics "Driving your daddy's Mercedes" while they play pool. Well done, music person.

Next week they'll be playing "Ice Ice Baby" during Haley's scenes.

😆...sorry, Haley fans, I couldn't help it!

59 minutes ago, princelina said:

What in the tv-has-gone-to-pot are you referring to?! I must take a peek..

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

What in the tv-has-gone-to-pot are you referring to?! I must take a peek..

The new Lifetime show that will be on after MAFS is done - Unmatchables. Supposedly, they pick people who didn't make the cut to appear on MAFS, so they are going to help them be more I don't know, matchable? But one of the scenes showed Dr Viv trying to "teach" someone who doesn't know how to kiss and has this HUGE rubber lip thing. So horrible.

• Love 1

The majority of this season's characters are damaged goods. I can't make up my mind whether the "experts" have damaged pickers or whether MAFS attracts damaged people. 

Multiple choice?  I'll take all of the above.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:26 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Does anyone else feel like this show is dragging tonight. I’m tired and it’s not giving me an enthusiasm to stay up and watch. I am because I like snarking with y’all. 

This season drags every night!

• LOL 3
On 3/26/2021 at 9:38 AM, Boo Boo said:

No, you are in good company. I think many people are irritated by Paige:

- using her God to justify staying in an abusive relationship.  If her God wants her to stay or "gives him to her" in effect she's saying that her God creates abusers thus making them "holy".  

- setting a HORRIBLE example to other women (or really anyone in an abusive relationship).  For example, that it's her "wifely duty" to have sex with a guy who just said she was unattractive, letting a guy play with her like a cat with a mouse, bringing her to tears with crazymaking behavior, etc.

- reminding all of us of that friend, relative (or even ourselves) who won't listen to reason, makes excuses, is weak, will sit in chaos rather than help themselves.  The person who complains endlessly about their job, but won't look for a new one.  The person who won't take care of themselves, but is always suffering from something and moaning about it.  The adult who still let's their parents drive them crazy.  etc. etc. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

If, as Clara says, they are doing "everything but" intercourse, I don't get her frustration. And why do they always,always show her at meals half-listening and shoveling food in her mouth? I hate the way production likes to spin these people.

Everything she says, Ryan responds with "Sure, sure." I don't consider that conversation.

Chris: "I'm not getting what I need from this relationship." Right after he told the cameras "we're in a good headspace." He is full of catch-phrases of the day and he means none of it. 0%.

Paige has has numerous opportunities to call him out on his nonsense. I'm done feeling badly for her. She tries to act like this is similar to an ordinary marriage- you know, the kind where the couple knows one another, respects one another, has some history, enjoys each other. He needs to take his fake, vocal-fry mumbling self and get some help.

I don't get the whole "eww creepy Jake" thing here; maybe it's his rather cro-magnon looks and workout guy personality but I think again that production has portrayed this negatively. He likes to work out, he's a little weird-good lord, I know so many people who are odd in other ways (larpers, gamers, anime enthusiasts, etc)- what's wrong with liking the 80s? Not my thing but hey, there's going to be someone out there for him. It's very painful to try and have a "relationship" with someone who obviously is repelled by you- not to mention that it's being played out on camera for the world to see. Hayley is bad at playing along. Her crocodile tears and "I've done all I can in this relationship" are total BS but I can't imagine what it's like to try to fake it out in the end if you know it's hopeless.  Too bad they can't both just say "hey, you aren't my type but let's have a few more dinners out and ride this thing a few more weeks. All the best to you."

I don't know why this show thinks it's a good idea to replay the weddings. I can watch it in reruns if I want to (I don't). The Vince/Brianna date with wedding video was useless and painful and I fast-forwarded through all of it. 

Virginia is what I call a "fast-talker" (when she is sober). I think these two have fun but I don't think she is ready to be married and he thinks he is too old to change. I predict they stay together at decision day and implode a few months thereafter.

Seriously, I would really like Haley to tell us what she has done all she could for the relationship.  Please, name the things.  She’s had drinks with the girls about four times, slept at someone’s house one night, then changed her seat on the plane for a five hour flight.  Now, name some good things.  She had dinner with him a few times?  Slept with him when she was drunk?  What else?  Anything meaningful?   No .. nothing because she can’t stand him from the minute she saw him.  Her mind was made up, so cut the shit with the fake tears.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I hope it’s the delivery because Eric gives me red flags.  He doesn’t seem to want to compromise on anything and he’s condescending.  Everything is, “that’s it, end of discussion,” and Virginia’s problem.  I don’t think Virginia is perfect at all, but I find Eric more problematic.

On Unfiltered, Dr Viv called him out on this, and he admitted that it was a problem he needed to work on.

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

No .. nothing because she can’t stand him from the minute she saw him.  Her mind was made up, so cut the shit with the fake tears.

Actually, from re-watching the marriage vows, she genuinely looked pleased and excited when she met him.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan is the type of guy who pretends he doesn't know about a Downtown District....

Ryan is the type of guy who claims to be pure in bible school because oral sex is not sex sex.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, Spectator said:

When she and Erik first sat down for dinner in the hangar, one would think they might have taken a moment or two to talk and reflect on their fabulous day in the plane, but I don’t think Virginia’s butt had even fully compressed into her chair before suggesting they open the champagne.

And on the picnic, we saw Erik drinking something other than wine, but the wine bottle was empty by the time the picnic was over.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, Myrtle Urkele said:

I have a feeling that he either is gaslighting her or asking her to sleep with him whenever they're not on camera. It could be self-preservation for her to only interact with him when cameras are around. He's done so much shady stuff with not talking to her in front of production. 

Chris always needs to be coming to his interactions from a position of superiority.  So even though he is the one who has been in the doghouse, and needs to step up his treatment of Paige, he turned it all on her with that nonsense about how she didn't answer the phone when he called.  I'll be g-d damned, son, if you think I'm going to sit around waiting for you to call and then you don't even leave a message.  And his bs about preferring to talk on the phone, when she asked about why he didn't text?  I guarantee he texts baby momma all the time.

• Love 5

Guessing that Erik is into Ginny because she looks likes his Mommy and maybe the Momster keeps her whistle wet all day with a constant buzz on from morning mimosas to nighty night caps....

Erik is a pilot like Pops and maybe they both married lushes...just a theory.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Something I haven't seen discussed here yet - when Virginia said she went on MAFS because in previous relationships she has been "all in" but the guys have not, so she thought if a guy married her he would be "all in".  Which to her benefit Erik seems to be!  His personality problems aside - I have a question about Virginia being "all in" in previous relationships - "all in" enough to come home to your man at night?  "All in" to stop drinking for an evening?  I'm not ready to label her a full-blown alcoholic, but neither do I see her being "all in" for anything that's not already on her agenda.

• Love 10

Everyone here is split on the Haley thing.  I for one am not for her, BUT, I can understand when it’s just “not there” for her.  Before marriage, I went out with real nice guys .. good looking, nice jobs, blah, blah, blah.  I really tried to have a connection but just couldn’t.  It just wasn’t there.  The night I met my husband, Bingo.  I knew he was for me.  We just clicked.  He was everything I liked, and it has lasted.  In that regard, I get what Haley is thinking.  She should just be honest with Jake and tell him.  She may never find Mr. Right.  A Matchmaker would be good.  At least she could see a picture first, then see if she would be interested to meet him.  This show of all things was not for her.  I can’t understand what she was thinking.  I believe in Love at First Sight, but not Marriage at First Sight.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Ryan is the type of guy who pretends he doesn't know about a Downtown District....

I did a rewatch and it struck me how much Ryan's friends looked like they may be gay.  I wondered if they are also religious and on the down low.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Seriously, I would really like Haley to tell us what she has done all she could for the relationship.  Please, name the things.  She’s had drinks with the girls about four times, slept at someone’s house one night, then changed her seat on the plane for a five hour flight.  Now, name some good things.

Well, she's a very giving person. She has given her all because she gifted him with new clothes and put them in pretty gift bags with tissue paper! Because she hated his old clothes! Snerk. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, she's a very giving person. She has given her all because she gifted him with new clothes and put them in pretty gift bags with tissue paper! Because she hated his old clothes! Snerk. 

Actually, I was going to mention the clothes, but I figured they were from production.  He was dressed really nice a couple of times on Unfiltered.  Nice jacket, shirt and tie.  He looked pretty good.  I don’t think he will have trouble meeting someone now.  He looked pretty cute when he smiled.  II know she is done with him, and he’s done with her too.  Was done after four days.  This guy is a man’s man.  A straightshooter, doesnt go for drama, doesn’t talk shit like Eric, and isn’t untruthful like Ryan.  Not a gossip and wimpy like Vincent, and certainly not like Chris.  That’s why he said “ where’s the food” at the table when they all were talking nonsense.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 5

Please tell me Paige confronted Hypochris about the car & said what she told the girls. Probably not. Confrontation sets him off. Glad to see her chest covered, but the straps peeking & hanging out were still distracting. 😅

• Love 2
On 3/25/2021 at 7:37 AM, seacliffsal said:

Wow, the look on Haley's face during the consultation with the tarot reader said it all.  She was shocked that any negative responsibility fell on her as she totally expected it all to be directed towards Jake.  And then, when told that they were actually compatible, she just seemed dumbfounded.  Haley said that the reader was a friend of hers so I think she totally thought she would come out of that smelling like a rose.

She seemed disappointed the reader said they were compatible, like that could've been her excuse & given her permission to FORMALLY quit. 😂😂

• Love 1
On 3/24/2021 at 6:51 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Also, that gift with the coordinates is so far over her head, but actually pretty interesting!

I thought it was gunna be a picture of the hotel. 😅😂 He gave a good hint, how did she NOT know it was the latitude & longitude of it?? He coulda jazzed it up. Made it more artsy & interesting. It was quite BORING... GPS Erik?? Right. He seemed confused by her blanket gift. Maybe neither liked their gifts. Idk about personalized gifts, what becomes of them if they split? Landfill? 😅😂 Idk if it's bad to consider that case.

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1

WHAT is the REAL reason Virginia doesn't want to move into Erik's condo? I'm not buying her bs excuses. It can't get resolved until she gets HONEST. Is it control? She doesn't want to give him that control? She doesn't believe that he'll sell it if she does?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lindz said:

WHAT is the REAL reason Virginia doesn't want to move into Erik's condo? I'm not buying her bs excuses. It can't get resolved until she gets HONEST. Is it control? She doesn't want to give him that control? She doesn't believe that he'll sell it if she does?

I don't think she would ever be comfortable in his condo among his expensive furnishings that he keeps in a pristine condition.  Everything about VA seems to emphasize sloppiness, disorder, lack of personal care and impulsivity.  

To think she would be able to be responsible for doing her part to maintain the order and cleanliness of Erik's place would put a lot of pressure on her, especially given her lifestyle choices of partying and drinking to excess.  

As Erik has taken a more-or-less paternal role in the relationship, I think VA anticipates him lecturing and scolding her for any behavioral habits she has that don't meet his standards.  We'll have to wait and see; however, presuming they stay together on DD (not too much of a stretch) they will certainly part soon afterward (IMO).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

I thought it was gunna be a picture of the hotel. 😅😂 He gave a good hint, how did she NOT know it was the latitude & longitude of it?? He coulda jazzed it up. Made it more artsy & interesting. It was quite boring... GPS Erik?? Right. He seemed confused by her blanket gift. Maybe neither liked their gifts. Idk about personalized gifts, what becomes of them if they split. Landfill? 😅😂 Idk if it's bad to consider that case.

I thought the same thing about the MAFS personalized couples gifts! They could either end up in a landfill or a charity donation store.  The personalized blanket gave me flashbacks to Rebecca and Zied on 90 Day Fiancé and how she has his face plastered on coffee mugs, credit cards, calendars, pillows etc.  I think custom gifts are fine if a couple has been together for a while, but one month into this experiment is way too soon to do a Walgreens photo custom order. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, KateHearts said:

Paige has has numerous opportunities to call him out on his nonsense. I'm done feeling badly for her.

YES!! Like it's ALL about what he wants. She gave him that power! RIDICULOUS! & I don't believe there's any footage of him saying her wants & how he's considering that. How did it end them? I'm confused. She said they're not emotionally connected & it's both their faults & he said she didn't take his calls to hang out off camera. WHY didn't she? Not buying it's entirely cuz she was busy. Hey. She finally told him he doesn't respect her. It's good that's out there. As usual, he couldn't take the heat & quit. So weird how rapidly it declined. He was just waiting for whatever he didn't like to quit AGAIN. She should've screamed, "THANK YOU," through her tears. 😂😂 She knew deep down she should've left him alone since the second day.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, Boo Boo said:

Paige is like Zach of a couple of seasons ago -- she says a lot without saying much of anything.  Word salads.  And she has this weird creepy smile while she's basically giving God credit for her lack of ability to take a stand. 

I agree.  Her commentary & judgement on Unfiltered reg. the other relationships is out of place when her story line is so pathetic. Her TH's when she's eye rolling or participating in the Chris hate is pathetic too, because she's the one perpetuating it while sucking up being praised for her 'character', enjoying her TV time & victim status. If she's truly not meeting up with him except for filming then she's also lying to the audience about her commitment. No one would care if she wanted nothing to do with him, but instead she keeps playing along. But I believe she's a total fake. 

11 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I don't think she would ever be comfortable in his condo among his expensive furnishings that he keeps in a pristine condition.  Everything about VA seems to emphasize sloppiness, disorder, lack of personal care and impulsivity.  

I didn't pay too much attention but I think she's also concerned about her dog in his place. His stuff & his dog will be moving with them too, so if she's not comfortable at his place she won't be comfortable sharing a new place with him either.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2021 at 6:12 AM, me5671 said:

I may be in the minority, but I'm on team both.  To me, Haley and Jake both seem like decent human beings who simply don't belong together. It's clear from watching them on Unfiltered that, when they aren't around one another, they are both more personable and relaxed.  I think they are simply two hopelessly incompatible people who have been thrust into a commitment to one another by being on this show. 

Why are so many people trying to put their relationship's failure 100% on either of them?  It seems to me that neither of them is a villain.  They seem to just bring out the worst in each other.  The only villains in this story to me are the matchmakers who paired such an obviously incompatible couple together in the first place.

I think this sums it up perfectly! It's a little bit like Olivia and Brett last season. Honestly, these are the couples make this show - not the total obvious villains like Chris. There's nothing to discuss there because there is only one way to see that couple - toxic.

With a couple like Jake or Haley I think everyone's personal experiences and own stories influence whose side you will end up on, much like Brett and Olivia. But at the end of the day, neither of these people are horrible, just horribly mismatched. They both seem much more likeable when apart. It would be best for them to end it now and go their own separate ways. That being said........Team Jake all they way! ;-0

I really struggled to finish this one. I have been care taking my husband who just had back surgery on Wednesday. I just couldn't concentrate. I only remember Jake and Haley and a sad/awkward dinner and wedding video for Clara & Ryan. Something is definitely wrong there. If they don't make it I will not be shocked, but I do admit it will make me kind of sad. Were Vincent and Brianna even on this episode? I would rewatch but I just don't have it in me to sit through this nonsense twice!

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Were Vincent and Brianna even on this episode?

First of all, I hope your husband recovers quickly from his surgery.  Vincent took Brianna on a nice boat.  They also watched their wedding video, then had dinner on the boat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh Jake. I scream laughed at his BRUTAL HONESTY!! IT. GAVE. ME. LIIIIFE!!!! 😂😂 "Let's just die a slow death until we get divorced." HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! DAMN!! So sad. So true. He's so hurt! This is the result of his pent-up frustration with the situation. He's so hurt by her apparent repulsion towards him. Poor thing. I get the physical distance thing too. I don't feel comfortable being touched by strangers or prospects I'm unsure about. There should be physical distance if there's emotional distance. A stronger connection, otherwise, is needed, so I get it. No one's understanding that & ignoring that need & pushing ahead with furthering the physical. It's her fault for not trying to get that & having sex with him & going along with the program to change a day later. He's so through, he can't be understanding. I wonder if they'd be the same place if he hadn't caught them that night on the honeymoon. There's no resolve because they're not working TOGETHER to resolve their differences. Ugh

• Love 5
Just now, Kimboweena said:

Vincent took Brianna on a nice boat.  They also watched their wedding video, then had dinner on the boat.

Vinny managed to not spill his drink or food on himself so hissy fit adverted...

The boat was decorated with the tinseled garlands from my Christmas tree....

• LOL 4
On 3/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, KateHearts said:

I've noticed this too, and the shape/angle of her jaw makes it look like chewing is painful because of the way she has to maneuver her mouth and teeth.  I legit hope an oral surgeon will reach out to her and offer to help.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, gonecrackers said:

neither are Clara's physical 'type', because I believe she said she's not really into white guys?

Ryan is perfect for her physically; he's just reserved & quieter. I had an aunt who would never shut up, whereas her husband, my uncle, was very quiet & reserved. So that pairing could still work.

Yeah I don't think either of those guys are her type and I do think Ryan PHYSICALLY is exactly what she asked for. He is just so hard to read; they have obviously spent a great deal of time talking to each other to discover that they have a lot of things they like in common, but I feel like he either doesn't like conflict so he keeps avoiding having difficult conversations with her on the topics they don't agree on, or they have discussed them but just off camera because he is VERY aware of the cameras and what he says when production is around. I think this is why we keep getting the "sure, sure" answers. He is also the one who wanted to keep their sex life private which clearly didn't happen. I don't know if he feels like that is some kind of betrayal of trust? I am also undecided if it's fair or even doable to ask Clara to do that under these circumstances.....

They do seem the sorts that could be good for each other personality-wise. Not exactly opposites, but different enough to balance each other out. Plus, they both seem nice and both seem like they really want this to work. Those are all good things, but it might be the issues that don't align are too big to overcome all the positives. They kind of remind me of  Jason and Courtney and Tom and Lily - sweet couples, too different in the long run. And I could see Ryan and Clara, much like those two couples, saying yes on D-Day and staying together a while but not the long haul.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I think this sums it up perfectly! It's a little bit like Olivia and Brett last season. Honestly, these are the couples make this show - not the total obvious villains like Chris. There's nothing to discuss there because there is only one way to see that couple - toxic.

With a couple like Jake or Haley I think everyone's personal experiences and own stories influence whose side you will end up on, much like Brett and Olivia. But at the end of the day, neither of these people are horrible, just horribly mismatched. They both seem much more likeable when apart. It would be best for them to end it now and go their own separate ways. That being said........Team Jake all they way! ;-0

I really struggled to finish this one. I have been care taking my husband who just had back surgery on Wednesday. I just couldn't concentrate. I only remember Jake and Haley and a sad/awkward dinner and wedding video for Clara & Ryan. Something is definitely wrong there. If they don't make it I will not be shocked, but I do admit it will make me kind of sad. Were Vincent and Brianna even on this episode? I would rewatch but I just don't have it in me to sit through this nonsense twice!

Yes, to me a good relationship is one that brings out the best in the other person. This means this couple is actually stronger together than apart.

A bad relationship is just the opposite. Jake looks thirsty/ creepy and Hailey seems cold/boring. If they were matched up with people that worked than we probably would be seeing a much more flattering side of both.

• Love 7