Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: The Monthiversary

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't get the sense that Clara is immature or a drama queen.  She seems like a genuinely nice person who was paired with someone who doesn't seem to be able to unwind, let go, enjoy himself.  

I think she's nice too. I didn't like the way she and Virginia stepped to Chris on the honeymoon, demanding that he tell them his intentions for Paige, but IIRC she called herself out for that and said to the camera in an on-the-fly that she shouldn't have gotten in their business like that.

I do think she's less mature than Jake, and I think she's very talkative, which would get on Jake's nerves (it's also a difference between her and Ryan). Like, I think Jake is the kind of person who would be fine sitting in companionable silence, maybe someone is reading and someone is cooking or whatever and nobody is talking and it's fine, and I think Clara  would try and fill that space.

I do think Clara needs someone a little more lighthearted. Ryan is very disciplined and serious (isn't he the one who said he worked out 2-3 hours a day?), and I think she's more easygoing than he is.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Empress1 said:

I think she's nice too. I didn't like the way she and Virginia stepped to Chris on the honeymoon, demanding that they tell them his intentions for Paige, but IIRC she called herself out for that and said to the camera in an on-the-fly that she shouldn't have gotten in their business like that.

I do think she's less mature than Jake, and I think she's very talkative, which would get on Jake's nerves (it's also a difference between her and Ryan). Like, I think Jake is the kind of person who would be fine sitting in companionable silence, maybe someone is reading and someone is cooking or whatever and nobody is talking and it's fine, and I think Clara  would try and fill that space.

I do think Clara needs someone a little more lighthearted. Ryan is very disciplined and serious (isn't he the one who said he worked out 2-3 hours a day?), and I think she's more easygoing than he is.

Good points!

I agree on the Chris sitch too.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

All Ryan ever says is:  Sure. We're getting there. You could practically see Clara's skin crawl when ever he says those words over and over again. Suurre. We're getting there. No, Ryan, you are not getting anywhere. I have to admit Clara was not very nice talking about changing everything in his house to accommodate her. That's a turn off. These two don't match. Just as bad as Jake and Haley except they are more polite about it. 

I agreed 100% with everything Jake said to Haley. He was cool and calm and said everything that was on his mind. He took Haley down and she was shocked and embarrassed in front of the camera. She deserved every bit of it. 

Erik's family must have some big money. I wish he would stop pretending to the other couples that he and GinGin are perfect together from the get go. Aside from sex, they have so many issues,  for some reason he doesn't want any of the couples to know. Stop fronting Erik! Erik and Clara would be much better suited for each other. He's a pilot, she's a flight attendant, she's ready for love and committment. He's a neat freak, she's a neat freak. She would probably love his condo, too.  I wonder why the experts didn't match them. 

Yeah, I am pretty neat and like things organized, but I would never dream of moving into a semi-stranger's place and then taking over, moving things around, saying they need to get rid of this dresser, alphabetizing their dvds?  Who is she to decide these things and just inform him that this will be happening?

I like them both but he's just too quiet for her and when she laid her head on his shoulder for 5 seconds and then pulled away, if he had just put his arm around her to show he cared, I think that would have gone a long way to make her feel like he cares.

I'm firmly on the Jake train and just find him honest and sadly frustrated with Haley's rejection of him on first sight.

Yes, I would much prefer Eric and Clara together. Virginia likes her boozing party life just as it is and I think once he's away regularly she'll be bored with their situation and they'll end up separating. Maybe not be decision day, but not long after.

Glad that Paige seems to be waking up to reality, hope it sticks.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

We’re all different.  I don’t see him that way at all.  She makes me nervous. So anal.  

You might not see him that way, but I do.  He makes me nervous.  So we can agree to disagree.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Like Jake he'd make out-there jokes that no one got or even knew were jokes just to see them react uncomfortably like he was weird, just so he could perpetuate this victim thing where he can say that no one gives him a chance.  

That's interesting about the jokes, because Haley said the same thing about not understanding Jake's jokes.  I think he is aware that his "joking" goes over peoples' heads, and he gets off on that because it makes him feel superior to them.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You hit THAT nail on its head!  I also feel that way to a slightly lesser degree about Vincent and Brianna.  Somehow I'm not buying that everything's coming up roses 24/7/365 given what we have already seen of his storm outs due to his fragile ego.  I feel like down the road after the glow has worn off that's going to rear its ugly head again.  If things don't go his way in his career he will end up taking it out on Brianna by overreacting to her innocuous terms of endearment as "lack of respect".

I don’t think any one of them will make it.  Maybe they will say yes, but down the road a bit will divorce.  I just cannot see getting into bed with someone you’ve met just hours before.  These people probably just want to be on t.v. Or want the money.  How desperate can they get?  Haley can barely speak when on camera.  Plus, they all drink every minute.  Drink, dogs, drink, dogs, etc. and fighting in between.  All bullshit.  Tonight, Australia, and of course I’ll watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I had forgotten about this until they showed the flashback to Haley and Jake's wedding, but it was the ceremony that had me AND my husband cringing and yelling at the TV -- and when he and I both see these couples' interactions the same way, you know it's bad. Haley walked in beaming, and she was visibly excited and nervous, but smiling, when the ceremony began. (She did not give any indication whatsoever that she was immediately not attracted to Jake.) She tried to interact with him during the vows and throw in some light humor, but he did not reciprocate AT. ALL. He just stared her down or looked away. He read his vows like he was taking a solemn oath to go die for a cause. You could watch her deflate in real time. 

I don't think Jake is a ruthless psychopath like Chris, but I also don't think he's a nice person. I am willing to believe that he has no idea how he comes across to some people, with the unsmiling stare and the upturned chin/literally looking down his nose at Haley. Having spent the past year on video calls, I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about the dumb facial expressions I make when interacting with people, so I get it (although mine tend toward overly expressive, not unblinking disdain). But Jake also makes no effort to help a conversation progress or play along with someone else's humor. He imagines the worst possible motivation, or an impossible falsehood, about Haley, and then treats her as though it's literally what happened. Who would know how to deal with that?

When they were at the winery and she was wearing the stupid hat, I watched specifically to see if I could detect what others describe about her "sour" demeanor. She was smiling, making eye contact, and even laughing. She agreed, as she has done many times, that they should just get along as friends for the rest of the "experiment." She acknowledged that she shares part of the blame for how things have gone. I honestly could not see any of the bad things she's been accused of; in fact, she came off even better than I remembered. Jake didn't "tell her off." He threw a little baby bitch fit, tilted at some adulterous windmills, and she was too confused to react effectively because none of the hateful accusations he was lobbing were based on even a scintilla of reality.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Jake went to his Dark Place and started making shitty, rude comments when they had just been having a pleasant conversation (or as close as they could get). Once again, Haley's confusion and disappointment were obvious. She asked him why, what did he mean, told him she honestly didn't understand, but he aggressively refused to have a real exchange with her. He is a mean person. He is not nice. He does not want to get along with anyone; he wants them to get along with him, no matter how weird or mean or off-putting he is. He's paranoid and defensive and doesn't respond to other humans normally. This is why I said he has a personality disorder. Everybody in the history of this series has shown their ass at some point, but only a few have been this consistently unpleasant, self-pitying, manipulative, and inflexible.

It's also worth noting how the rest of the cast responds to him. That over-hyped night when Haley met the other women for drinks, and the other husbands stopped by and then stayed? First of all, "who does that on their honeymoon?" Um, probably someone who just married a stranger who is exhausting to deal with. But also, there were like 5-8 other people there who did not insist that Jake join them. Their body language when paired with him on Unfiltered is also interesting. There's a lot of side-eye and shifting away. It might just be that Jake is an acquired taste, and only the most... discerning... of palates can appreciate him. 

And for the record, I just want to say that, although it probably doesn't seem that way, I'm not a huge Haley fan. She's fine, but kind of basic. She has not been 100% right in every interaction. But I also recognize the behavior of a well-meaning person who is deeply introverted (that doesn't mean shy; it means introverted) and a little socially anxious. I don't think it's fair to accuse her of deliberately signing up for this show while NOT wanting to be married. That's a Chris move. Hopefully even Haley's biggest detractors could agree: she's not as bad as Chris. This was just one of the worst matches ever in a series of mostly bad matches plus Woody & Amani.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I like the Clara/Jake option better than Clara/Erik. C&E might end up with conflicting travel schedules. I think Clara would be able to handle Jake's quirkiness, & on Unfiltered he said he's all over the place with regard to what he likes & doesn't mind giving things up & changing things. However, neither are Clara's physical 'type', because I believe she said she's not really into white guys?

Ryan is perfect for her physically; he's just reserved & quieter. I had an aunt who would never shut up, whereas her husband, my uncle, was very quiet & reserved. So that pairing could still work.

I don't think Erik & VA are long term material though.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Retired at last said:

People keep saying that they are doing it for the paycheck. I really don't think they get paid that much. They are doing it because they don't want to have to pay for not keeping to the contract - that is a big fine. The meager money they get to do the show isn't enough to sacrifice your dignity or pride. Many are doing it for whatever social media fame they may get and maybe that will lead to money, but certainly not for people like Chris. And I can't imagine anyone interested in following Paige or Haley. 

I agree with your entire comment. I was once recruited and relocated by a major corporation. They paid for movers to do all my packing, transport all my belongings from NYC to GA and paid for my accommodations for several months. Great. Only thing is, if I did not stick it out with the job for the first 18 months I would have to pay back every cent of the re-lo. I didn't care for the job or my new city but I cared more about NOT paying back the money so I stuck it out of course.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, DocTerv said:

The overarching theme for this season seems to be contractual obligations and how to fulfill them. 

We need a countdown clock on the bottom left of the screen so the audience knows how many more days, hours, minutes, seconds we have to tolerate until Decision Day....Beer us strength Lord.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Honestly, I don’t understand how anyone supports Haley here.  Jamie felt same about Doug but he never knew it. And she fell for him.  That’s a good healthy personality.  Sam could not stand Neil and was mean.  She fell for him.  Even she was real.  

Haley is not psychologically  healthy.  There is nothing genuine about her.  Jake is attractive, interesting, open to trying whatever might work. He’s smart and based on his thoughtful answers and direct responses, he comes off pretty normal and good husband material to me.  Haley needs some counseling to find out why she emotionally and physically puts up walls.  It’s more than unattracted. She freezes   The best thing she could do is hold hands, try the kiss in the morning if it’s safer to her.  She’s giving it nothing. And Jake doesn’t seem to be taking it personally but it must be hard.  

will always like Jaime because of her kindness then love for someone she wasn’t attracted to.  Haley should see a sex therapist.   

Everyone here should watch this weeks Unfiltered.  Viviana, Erik and Jake was on.  Jake talked very nicely, looked cute and talked very well and direct.  The 80’s is an excuse for anyone to dislike him, especially Haley.  He has more personality than her, but resigned himself to the fact that she did not try like she said she did.  The girl wants her own way and is joyless.  He has done nothing for her to dislike him, and it’s obvious she doesn’t like him.  This may be a pattern for her.  Putting the brakes on too quickly. Her own family mentioned something negative about her at the wedding, like a warning.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m not buying these fake nicey nice interactions between Haley and Jake. She can’t stand him, walk away. He knows she can’t stand him, he should walk away. 

After he told her how it was at the winery, she looked shocked.  How dare he?  Maybe she will think about what he said and realize he is right .. maybe.  If so, on Decision Day, she might just say she’ll try again.  Maybe he’ll say no.  I don’t think he wants a wife who is never happy.  It’s too much work and draining.  Like he said, he was more or less finished on Day 4 when she wouldn’t even give him a hug.  He has feelings too.  Not only her.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah Bundy pegged my creep meter from day one.  I never agreed when people said he was the kind of guy no one would suspect.  But then again I grew up in the Bronx in a rough time and learned early how to spot creeps.  Jake is not really a creep in that sense.  He doesn't set off my creepy meter that much as in nowhere near as creepy as Bundy.  He is not trying to take advantage of women or anything that vile.  I do find him icky and I think he has negative baggage with relationships and a bad, self defeatist attitude toward them, which is not attractive.  That's not saying I think Haley has very attractive qualities either.  I think she has her own relationship baggage and lack of qualities that she would need for a successful relationship too. 

165th & Jerome over here :-). Hi Bronxite!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, karenbrady said:

165th & Jerome over here :-). Hi Bronxite!

And yet a 3rd Bronxite here.  ME. 😁  Moved after kindergarten but lived on the Grand Concourse and played in Poe Park!  (Many many moons ago.)  As soon as I was grown, moved back to the city!  Am an UWS-er now, but have a soft spot for so many Bronx memories.  (My twin & I being kicked out of Poe Cottage for racing up 'n down the stairs and jumping to the pavement.. over & over & over.....) 😉🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I don’t know why this is bothering me so much but

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL, WHY CAN’T RYAN GET A NORMAL GROWNUP HAIRCUT?!?
FFS!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

As much as everyone hates Ryan's hair, it looks like he puts a fair amount of effort into it.

That's the thing.  It's not just a bad hairstyle--it's a bad hairstyle that he has to work pretty hard at maintaining (is that gel or shellac that keeps that landing strip in place?), which means he likes it and he likes the way it looks on him.  That's what's troubling to me.

6 hours ago, Soup333 said:

This season is very boring. The Chris & Paige show is ridiculous and I wish they'd just stop filming them. Foisting manipulating Chris and dumb Paige on us every week is disrespectful to the viewers.

Their scenes are the highlight for me.  It's probably because I've been blessed not to have such a horrible person as Chris in my life, but I find Chris repellently fascinating, and I watch Paige with my jaw dropped.  Since I don't think the show would let actual harm come to Paige (other than mental distress that she signed up for but more importantly keeps volunteering for), I can watch this deviant behavior without fear for people's safety. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Chris is THE WORST. THE ABSOLUTE F’ING WORST.

Paige, please, for the love of God, stop engaging this MFer. Block his number and file for divorce. 

Every time they come on, I go and get a piece of brownie.  It’s the only way I can get thru this shit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm wishing that Clara and Jake would get together.   Both need a partner that is a fun, a little quirky.  I think they'd be cute together.  

Well, she certainly wouldn’t refuse to have sex with him, so there’s that. I get the feeling she’d agree to sex with anyone, anywhere, any time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Well, she certainly wouldn’t refuse to have sex with him, so there’s that. I get the feeling she’d agree to sex with anyone, anywhere, any time.

Maybe that’s Ryan’s problem.  Some men are very private, especially when their wife goes around talking about sex all the time.  Clara probably ruined it for herself.  Stop whining about it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Like Jake he'd make out-there jokes that no one got or even knew were jokes just to see them react uncomfortably like he was weird, just so he could perpetuate this victim thing where he can say that no one gives him a chance.  

That's interesting about the jokes, because Haley said the same thing about not understanding Jake's jokes.  I think he is aware that his "joking" goes over peoples' heads, and he gets off on that because it makes him feel superior to them.  

I was Team Jake for weeks, but lately I've become increasingly disillusioned.  Haley's comment about his sense of humor.....spot on.  He doesn't have one.  What passes for "humor" to him is trying to see how much he can f*ck with people and see their reactions.  That's why within minutes of being pronounced man and wife, he asked Haley what kind of food she liked...not because he was interested but because he was dying to see her reaction when he proudly stated he's only eaten steak and eggs for years.  BOOM!  Mic drop.  Score one for Jake.

If we are to go by what we actually saw on TV as the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth, every other husband on the show (even Chris) did the planning for the Monthiversary except Jake.  Yet again, he makes no effort , plans nothing.  Oh, sorry...I'm wrong...he did plan something.  He planned to be a complete and total asshole.  Say what you want that Jake really told it like it was and really put Haley in her place, but I saw someone who acted like a jerk.  Here they were, out together at a nice place, eating a nice meal, trying to find some common ground, and out of the blue he just dumps on her.  In a public place.  Can't wait to get home to discuss it like normal mature people do, oh no.  He's mad so it's OK to go ahead and ruin everyone else's time.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm kind of curious.  Would someone with Jake's diet put of a strong body odor?

Depends. If he truly just eats steak and eggs (and not much else), then yes. If he eats regular food when he is out and doesn't have to cook for himself, then probably no more than anyone else would.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I had forgotten about this until they showed the flashback to Haley and Jake's wedding, but it was the ceremony that had me AND my husband cringing and yelling at the TV -- and when he and I both see these couples' interactions the same way, you know it's bad. Haley walked in beaming, and she was visibly excited and nervous, but smiling, when the ceremony began. (She did not give any indication whatsoever that she was immediately not attracted to Jake.) She tried to interact with him during the vows and throw in some light humor, but he did not reciprocate AT. ALL. He just stared her down or looked away. He read his vows like he was taking a solemn oath to go die for a cause. You could watch her deflate in real time. 

I don't think Jake is a ruthless psychopath like Chris, but I also don't think he's a nice person. I am willing to believe that he has no idea how he comes across to some people, with the unsmiling stare and the upturned chin/literally looking down his nose at Haley. Having spent the past year on video calls, I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about the dumb facial expressions I make when interacting with people, so I get it (although mine tend toward overly expressive, not unblinking disdain). But Jake also makes no effort to help a conversation progress or play along with someone else's humor. He imagines the worst possible motivation, or an impossible falsehood, about Haley, and then treats her as though it's literally what happened. Who would know how to deal with that?

When they were at the winery and she was wearing the stupid hat, I watched specifically to see if I could detect what others describe about her "sour" demeanor. She was smiling, making eye contact, and even laughing. She agreed, as she has done many times, that they should just get along as friends for the rest of the "experiment." She acknowledged that she shares part of the blame for how things have gone. I honestly could not see any of the bad things she's been accused of; in fact, she came off even better than I remembered. Jake didn't "tell her off." He threw a little baby bitch fit, tilted at some adulterous windmills, and she was too confused to react effectively because none of the hateful accusations he was lobbing were based on even a scintilla of reality.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Jake went to his Dark Place and started making shitty, rude comments when they had just been having a pleasant conversation (or as close as they could get). Once again, Haley's confusion and disappointment were obvious. She asked him why, what did he mean, told him she honestly didn't understand, but he aggressively refused to have a real exchange with her. He is a mean person. He is not nice. He does not want to get along with anyone; he wants them to get along with him, no matter how weird or mean or off-putting he is. He's paranoid and defensive and doesn't respond to other humans normally. This is why I said he has a personality disorder. Everybody in the history of this series has shown their ass at some point, but only a few have been this consistently unpleasant, self-pitying, manipulative, and inflexible.

It's also worth noting how the rest of the cast responds to him. That over-hyped night when Haley met the other women for drinks, and the other husbands stopped by and then stayed? First of all, "who does that on their honeymoon?" Um, probably someone who just married a stranger who is exhausting to deal with. But also, there were like 5-8 other people there who did not insist that Jake join them. Their body language when paired with him on Unfiltered is also interesting. There's a lot of side-eye and shifting away. It might just be that Jake is an acquired taste, and only the most... discerning... of palates can appreciate him. 

And for the record, I just want to say that, although it probably doesn't seem that way, I'm not a huge Haley fan. She's fine, but kind of basic. She has not been 100% right in every interaction. But I also recognize the behavior of a well-meaning person who is deeply introverted (that doesn't mean shy; it means introverted) and a little socially anxious. I don't think it's fair to accuse her of deliberately signing up for this show while NOT wanting to be married. That's a Chris move. Hopefully even Haley's biggest detractors could agree: she's not as bad as Chris. This was just one of the worst matches ever in a series of mostly bad matches plus Woody & Amani.

I agree with this.  I don't think he knows how he comes across either.  Now he's on the Unfiltered circuit and he's putting on a different face.  "I wasn't interested in her..."  Yeah, whatever.

• Love 9

I saw the preview for the new show.  I'm going to watch it.  But looks like Dr. Pepper isn't on it.  She's practically been eliminated from the show except for the beginning selection show and the ending.  And here she spent all that money on....something....because her face doesn't look the same, IMO.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Here they were, out together at a nice place, eating a nice meal

With his cheek bulging out because he was consuming enormous chunks of steak, which grossed me out. Dude, if you cut the steak smaller you don’t have to chew one mouthful for fifteen minutes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Does anyone else wonder whether Paige's butt has been enhanced? When she was wearing the tan bodycon dress and was walking around, it just wasn't... moving with her? reacting the way it should?? I don't know, it seemed like maybe there were some implants going on.... I'm old and can't fathom how the much-dreaded "saddlebags" is actually in fashion now (Paige doesn't have them, but some women celebrate them these days --- good for them!!!!). But in that dress, it was really obvious that something was different in how those body parts moved...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Please!!!! I thought it was just me. She just drones on and on and on. Shut UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She talks so damn fast I have to put my closed captioning on to understand her. 

• Love 3
On 3/24/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mean Jeanne said:

I don’t know why this is bothering me so much but

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL, WHY CAN’T RYAN GET A NORMAL GROWNUP HAIRCUT?!?
FFS!!!!!!!!

And all the stuff the rest of you are saying, yeah that too

Clara is miserable.  Ryan is torturing her.  She is constantly tense and in despair.  WTF!!

• Love 6

Its getting to the point its the same drama just different players.

I assume Chris and Paige are done (though no one knows the mysterious ways of the Lord). Chris goes out playing the victim. What an awful example of humanity he is...Paige go to church, wait for a good man to ask you out. It will be okay.

Not sure what's up with Clara and Ryan. They seem to like each other to some degree but neither is meeting each others expectations. They look like they already have the five year itch.

I watched quite a bit this season did Haley and Jake claim they had sex early on? He seems to refer to a time when she was very intimate and then pulled away. I doubt his pressing the issue can really help. I don't think Haley is trying to make the marriage work...she doesn't want it to work. She wants to cruise until its over. They'll probably ask Jake first if he wants to stay married. More drama. I might wait until the last week to tune in. 

• Love 4
On 3/24/2021 at 6:34 PM, Straycat80 said:

Sign of sexual frustration? She doesn’t seem happy. 

Agreed: however, in at least SOME of the scenes they touched up her hairline (although in certain other TH scenes, the black roots are apparent).  Not sure why this bothers me so much except (like Ashley from Anthony and Ashley season) her natural hair color is so drastically different than the platinum blond she has chosen, and that looks good on her, it's a full-time job to keep it up.  Ashley, perhaps after having her baby, decided to give up her blonde persona and go "natural brown."  Perhaps Clare will eventually decide the same thing because the look she displays with the dark roots peering out of her part line certainly give her a "trashy appearance" IMO.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t think any one of them will make it.  Maybe they will say yes, but down the road a bit will divorce.  I just cannot see getting into bed with someone you’ve met just hours before.  These people probably just want to be on t.v. Or want the money.  How desperate can they get?  Haley can barely speak when on camera.  Plus, they all drink every minute.  Drink, dogs, drink, dogs, etc. and fighting in between.  All bullshit.  Tonight, Australia, and of course I’ll watch.

I agree with every word you said!!  Every. Single. One!

• Love 3

Ryan's ridiculous haircut looks like something women would request at a bikini waxing salon.  Another thing I dislike is that every single woman on this show somehow thinks it is fashionable to wear an ill fitting crossbody purse below their ass down to their mid thigh- they all can greatly benefit from a shoe cobbler who could properly shorten the leather strap to suit their torso length and hit at the natural waist or very top of the hip.  All of the women could do without the false eyelashes as well.  Jake wins my favorite burn of any season after Hailey said that she hugs strangers because she doesn't have to see them again, "In 4 weeks you won't have to see me again either!" I hope he sticks to that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2021 at 6:30 PM, Crashcourse said:

And I didn't say everyone in the world..  When I said "women" I meant women he's dated.  I still say if they found him attractive that he would have wound up with one of them.  He's a muscle bound liar and he knows he's creepy and he likes to play that up. 

Frankly, I'd be afraid to be alone on an elevator with his ass.  

Why do you say he is creepy?  He is passive-aggressive, but that is different than being creepy.  Why do you say that Jake would scare you in an elevator?  Are you saying he is a potential rapist?  I dont get that vibe from him at all.

• Love 5
On 3/24/2021 at 6:44 PM, gonecrackers said:

Ryan always speaks like he's in a business meeting.

He has got Model Minority Syndrome.  He doesnt talk like himself and always seems to have his guard up.  He sounded like a consultant when he was getting on Clara about the donuts. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Ryan's ridiculous haircut looks like something women would request at a bikini waxing salon.  Another thing I dislike is that every single woman on this show somehow thinks it is fashionable to wear an ill fitting crossbody purse below their ass down to their mid thigh- they all can greatly benefit from a shoe cobbler who could properly shorten the leather strap to suit their torso length and hit at the natural waist or very top of the hip.  All of the women could do without the false eyelashes as well.  Jake wins my favorite burn of any season after Hailey said that she hugs strangers because she doesn't have to see them again, "In 4 weeks you won't have to see me again either!" I hope he sticks to that. 

The false eyelashes on Clara are HORRIBLE.  She needs to ditch that look b/c she's very cute.  Would love to see someone give her a make-under.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I agree to everything.  I only wish on Decision Day, they can both put up cards at the same time saying yes or no.  If Jake says no first, she would automatically say no also, and not really mean it?  After the scene at the vineyard, maybe she would want to postpone the divorce for awhile, as she has a track record of being picky.  Maybe eight weeks isn’t enough.  I just don’t know anymore.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Why do you say he is creepy?  He is passive-aggressive, but that is different than being creepy.  Why do you say that Jake would scare you in an elevator?  Are you saying he is a potential rapist?  I dont get that vibe from him at all.

I'm not the original poster, but I agree Jake is creepy.  He's got a villainy face structure and he whisper-speaks almost everything with a little sneer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Because he looks like he's thinking about eating you along with the fava beans and chianti. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Unpopular opinion:  Paige irritates me more than Chris.

Paige is like Zach of a couple of seasons ago -- she says a lot without saying much of anything.  Word salads.  And she has this weird creepy smile while she's basically giving God credit for her lack of ability to take a stand.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don't think Jake is a ruthless psychopath like Chris, but I also don't think he's a nice person. I am willing to believe that he has no idea how he comes across to some people, with the unsmiling stare and the upturned chin/literally looking down his nose at Haley.

Yes!  That's the look I noticed he has when he's propped on pillows in bed.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree to everything.  I only wish on Decision Day, they can both put up cards at the same time saying yes or no.  If Jake says no first, she would automatically say no also, and not really mean it?  After the scene at the vineyard, maybe she would want to postpone the divorce for awhile, as she has a track record of being picky.  Maybe eight weeks isn’t enough.  I just don’t know anymore.

I wish for decision day they would write it on a board and then turn the board at the same time  

• Love 14
On 3/25/2021 at 2:23 PM, Boo Boo said:

I don't get the sense that Clara is immature or a drama queen.  She seems like a genuinely nice person who was paired with someone who doesn't seem to be able to unwind, let go, enjoy himself.  

She is very nice, but talks too much about not having sex yet.  Now, he’s under the gun to perform.

• Love 10
On 3/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, Yeah No said:

In Haley's defense she has said she knows that because she has been single a long time she needs to learn how not to do whatever she wants with friends whenever she wants to now that she is married.  But the things we have seen her do with friends or the other wives are not any more frequent or "out there" than what any of the other wives are doing.  I went back to look at a few earlier episodes and there were at least a couple of other wives or friends-only gatherings that were obviously arranged by production just to have something to film about how they're really feeling about husbands.  So most if not all of those instances are just a part of the show and the other wives are engaging in it too.  Let's not also forget what Virginia has been doing with HER friends, some of which are MALE, no less and yet she doesn't get the ration of shit that Haley has gotten over it (other than from Erik).  It's just not fair, IMO.

Speaking of defending Haley, I'm not even on "team Haley" I just don't think some of the criticism she has gotten is fair.

By now we should realize that every season there’s about two couples that are unbearable.  This season, it’s Paige & Chris and Jake & Haley.  It’s production, and that’s the way it goes.  They probably laugh between the scenes.  Some fall through the cracks and actually like each other and stay married.  Looks like they all were unmatched from the beginning and all of them seem to have faults.  It’s a show and there has to have drama.  I think that’s how it goes anyway.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 5