Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Old Feuds Never Die

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

She never went to college,as far as I know... never let loose like so many of us did in college with parties, sporting events and other social activities where she would have had socialization with her peers. Her social drinking skills are bush league freshman year stuff. Not exactly good role modeling for her daughters.

Jen DID go to college. She went to Hoftra.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

As a true Jersey girl, I have to give a shout out to seeing Joe Gorga frying all that Taylor Pork Roll on the flat grill!!!  Taylor Ham/Pork Roll (it's called both, depending on where you live in NJ), is a NJ breakfast staple, and I loved seeing it on the show!!!  They do show some delicious food on this show, but usually it's all based on Italian cooking, so it was nice to see something so "Jersey" highlighted.

For those of you who don't live in NJ, it's something that is not to be missed, if you ever visit!  A pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich, on either a bagel or hard roll (Kaiser) is the best breakfast sandwich ever!!  Add a little SPK (salt, pepper, ketchup) and enjoy!!  

I will say that the breakfast he prepared looked yummy - it looked like he was making spinach, cheese and egg omelets (they looked a little messy) with the Taylor pork roll on the side - delicious!!  

Too bad Jackie had to miss out and eat her two containers of yogurt.  I don't think Jackie keeps kosher - she doesn't seem like a very religious Jewish person, so it must have been because she's still afraid to eat real food.

Dude, thank you - pork roll is everything! Put it on a bagel with an egg and cheese and I’m in Heaven! I miss NJ, you can’t find that gloriousness anywhere else.

As if I need one more reason to think Jackie is an useless idiot, she gave up the pork roll for yogurt. What a loser. Anyway, I’m pretty sure Jackie only worships at the altars of skinniness and victimhood.

By the way, what was with the editing? Marge basically tortured Joe B. into lying again on camera, and then Jackie went full viper on him!

Where was the change of tune? Could Jackie tell he was lying? Did Joe B. finally confess? Or did the producers cut for a few seconds to remind the men they’d been filmed?

I have never seen anyone so torn up about a rumor they KNOW to be untrue. Jackie is unhinged, and too fragile for a game of solitaire at this point. She really needs some help. Or ya know, to not be on reality TV where her job is to engage in conflict and handle sordid rumors and half-truths.

Joe Gorga is more unhinged than anyone. There’s been zero personal growth since the Christening, and yet he just skates by and is never called on his shit. Hey Joey, if you think Juicy’s incarceration killed your mom, how about you and your bitch wife’s decision to ride your sister’s coattails onto a national reality show for the express purpose of fighting with her and escalating and publicizing your family feud? You think that might have upset your mother? The knife cuts both ways, you ungrateful Lilliputian ape.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
18 minutes ago, amarante said:

I have some Jersey transplants here in Los Angeles and they have sourced Taylor Ham to a butcher. They get it for big family brunches. 

In some states on the east coast that have a lot of NJ transplants, you can buy it in the grocery stores, pre-sliced and pre-packaged.  Not as good as the fresh cut roll (like Melissa was doing), but serves the purpose well!  

It's sooo freakin' good - I think I may have to have a sandwich for dinner!!  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

“Here comes my bitch wife, she’s such a c***”.

- Joe Giudice

It seems like Bravo loves to rerun that little snippet. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It kind of highlights their marriage though. Joe was a verbally abusive husband. There are more snippets of him threatening to smack the kids and putting Teresa down and calling her stupid. Frankly, I think Teresa was in an abusive marriage with Joe. She became complacent and maybe the only way she was able to survive it was to ignore his abusive language and compartmentilize everything. It's almost a classic case of mental and verbal abuse. Even after she went to jail and he was deported she stood by him and rationalized his crimes. Even now, after the divorce, she's in business with him selling sex toys...it's just pathological at this point. She doesn't seem to have the strength to tell him to fuck off and go away...for all her bravado and tough girl language and combativeness, she just cannot get out of this rut with her ex.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Jen DID go to college. She went to Hoftra.

My bad...I did not know that. She behaves like a girl that had zero interactions with other young adults. It just seems like she went from her daddy's house to her husband's house with no stops in between.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Dude, thank you - pork roll is everything! Put it on a bagel with an egg and cheese and I’m in Heaven! I miss NJ, you can’t find that gloriousness anywhere else.

As if I need one more reason to think Jackie is an unhinged idiot, she gave up the pork roll for yogurt. What a loser. Anyway, I’m pretty sure Jackie only worships at the altars of skinniness and victimhood.

By the way, what was with the editing? Marge basically tortured Joe B. into lying again on camera, and then Jackie went full viper on him!

Where was the change of tune? Could Jackie tell he was lying? Did Joe B. finally confess? Or did the producers cut for a few seconds to remind the men they’d been filmed?

I have never seen anyone so torn up about a rumor they KNOW to be untrue. Jackie is unhinged, and too fragile for a game of solitaire at this point. She really needs some help. Or ya know, to not be on reality TV where her job is to engage in conflict and handle sordid rumors and half-truths.

Joe Gorga is more unhinged than anyone. There’s been zero personal growth since the Christening, and yet he just skates by and is never called on his shit. Hey Joey, if you think Juicy’s incarceration killed your mom, how about you and your bitch wife’s decision to ride your sister’s coattails onto a national reality show for the express purpose of fighting with her and escalating and publicizing your family feud? You think that might have upset your mother? The knife cuts both ways, you ungrateful Lilliputian ape.

I agree about the Pork Roll Egg and Cheese sandwich - I think it is the combination of the excellent bagels/breads we have and the pork roll - can't really get that anywhere else in the U.S.!!

As far as Jackie - I agree - I think something came unhinged with her - maybe suffering from Covid-based depression??  She's completely whack-a-doodle this season.  I've never really liked her, and I can't feel much sympathy for her.  Especially when it seems like Evan doesn't really seem to give a shit about the rumor.  When he and Jackie were in their bedroom at Melissa's house, after the faux-apology from Teresa, Jackie asked him if he could get past all of this - his comment was something like "I've been past it" - so, it seems like Jackie was making a bigger thing about it than Evan.  (Maybe to keep herself relevant??)

Joey Gorga is just as stunted intellectually as his sister.  There will never be any emotional growth there, with either of them.  I'm thinking that the only smart/intelligent one in the family was their mother, as Nonno Jacinto seemed to be of the same level of intellect.  They seem to hang onto the "old school" ways of their parents and the much older generations of Italians who settled in Northern New Jersey.  I have friends that are also still this way, and it's hard to see them struggle with accepting modern culture and norms.  And, yes, I do refer to them as "old school".  Their kids laugh at them and tell them they're old fashioned, but basically, they are just stubborn and refuse to see things that are different than what they were raised with, and won't accept it either.  Joey Gorga would fit right in with my friends who are of a like mind.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

FWIW, referring to a sibling's parent as "my mother" or "your mother," even when you are talking to that sibling, is not an uncommon thing in Italian American families, in my experience. Not sure if it is something that happens in other cultures but my mother (100% Italian American) does that a lot, as does my significant other's (50% Italian American) family.  

Speaking of, Teresa's constant discussion of "old school" marriages, usually related to her Italian heritage, always makes me want to roll my eyes. She's an year older than me, and yet you'd think she was of my mother's generation. And my mother has a much more progressive understanding of gender than Teresa ever does. Her retrograde ideas of these things have little to do with her being Italian American and everything to do with her own understanding of marriage.

WRT Marge and Jennifer - I like Margaret more than Jennifer but I thought that they both said some pretty gross things to each other. Margaret's comments about Jennifer's marriage were IMO below the belt, and Jennifer not getting that Margaret wasn't talking about "sleeping her way to the top" but instead was talking about how Margaret faced real sexual harassment was just awful. Jennifer is part of the reason that women keep the sexual harassment they experience to themselves - because there is always someone like Jennifer around to blame the victim.  That being said, as bad as Jennifer's comments were, that doesn't mean Margaret was justified in characterizing Jennifer and Bill's marriage in such an ugly way. 

Yes! It makes me crazy when Teresa goes on about being "old school" like she's some sort of Italian grandmother dressed in black with rosary beads in hand. When she says "old school" does that mean you let your husband disrespect you, call you vulgar names or insult your intelligence in front of your kids? Her "old school" former marriage was all of the things...not something she should be proud of. I guess "old school" means that there is no equal balance of power or decision making. The man makes the decisions and has the power of the purse and everything else. How archaic and sad...I hope that Teresa is finding her new relationship to be a more "modern" one and put the "old school" crap back where it belongs.. locked up in a trunk in the attic and the key for it thrown a deep river.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

As a true Jersey girl, I have to give a shout out to seeing Joe Gorga frying all that Taylor Pork Roll on the flat grill!!!  Taylor Ham/Pork Roll (it's called both, depending on where you live in NJ), is a NJ breakfast staple, and I loved seeing it on the show!!!  They do show some delicious food on this show, but usually it's all based on Italian cooking, so it was nice to see something so "Jersey" highlighted.

For those of you who don't live in NJ, it's something that is not to be missed, if you ever visit!  A pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich, on either a bagel or hard roll (Kaiser) is the best breakfast sandwich ever!!  Add a little SPK (salt, pepper, ketchup) and enjoy!!  

I will say that the breakfast he prepared looked yummy - it looked like he was making spinach, cheese and egg omelets (they looked a little messy) with the Taylor pork roll on the side - delicious!!  

Too bad Jackie had to miss out and eat her two containers of yogurt.  I don't think Jackie keeps kosher - she doesn't seem like a very religious Jewish person, so it must have been because she's still afraid to eat real food.

ahhhhh that's what that was - we don't have that in Chicago and I was clueless.  thank you.  Is there something you can compare it to?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Being snarky about going to China to buy fugly tasteless furniture at a discount is not racist.

OMG, it’s certainly not racist—Chinese isn’t a race.  That would have been a weird sentiment if anyone would have proffered it.

People go to Italy for furniture. I have never heard anyone proudly touting the beautiful designs coming out of contemporary Chinese furniture factories.

If that’s been your experience, that is cool.  And my experience is that the most interesting people think outside of the box and do things differently than others.  I like innovators.  If something hasn’t been done before, I tend to applaud the person who does it first.  

It is commenting on her utter cluelessness and lack of taste.

In Margaret’s opinion.  And the way she did it to put Jennifer down for going to China to buy furniture—which I think is fabulous and a really creative way to furnish a house and also a great way to see the world—was snobby and also showed me that Margaret had no imagination.  I wonder if Margaret could even afford to go to China.  The season before, Margaret’s party line was that she *had to* go to Milan to see a shoe company about making shoes for her business...only for the shoe never to come up ever again, not even at the reunion.  That was clearly the season trip, and Margaret wasn’t shelling out a dime.  

I guess people who live in unfurnished/unrenovated houses shouldn’t throw stones at people who don’t just buy their furniture from China, but travel there to pick it out.  🤭

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I guess my Italian American family is the exception. 

If I am talking to my sister, I will say, "He killed our mom!!"  But if I am screaming about something at a dinner party or Christening (as you do), I would say, "He killed my mother!!!" because I would feel like I am screaming to all the guests, making sure to include everyone in my scream-fest.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

OMG the taylor ham was the highlight of the episode.  And yes, it's Taylor ham.  The people who call it pork roll just don't know what they are doing and are super confused in life.  😘🤪😇  Taylor ham, egg and cheese is probably the most popular of the taylor ham breakfast sandwich out there, however I highly recommend trying taylor ham and swiss on a bagel.  It is life changing.  

ahhhhh that's what that was - we don't have that in Chicago and I was clueless.  thank you.  Is there something you can compare it to?  

It's much closer to bacon than breakfast sausage from a flavor standpoint. Maybe a cross between bacon and canadian bacon?  But better!

I don't know what to make of this Evan and Jackie thing.  She is a wreck.  And I'm now at the point of thinking that if it is so ridiculous in your mind, then why is this the continued reaction.  I can understand the initial reaction. But the continued reaction just doesn't match her narrative.  I think Jackie deeply loves Evan - to the point of desperately loving him (not necessarily a bad thing).   And I think he represents an element of stability that she didn't have growing up.  Her brother had special needs which puts a strain on any family, she struggled with her weight which turned into an eating disorder, she and her sister never had a relationship, her parents don't live together but are still married, both "went away," etc.  Enter Evan and things start to come together.  Her eating disorder begins to heal.  They have 4 beautiful and healthy children.  They live in a good town, in a nice home -- life gets easier (although nobody said being a mom was easy) and more stable.  So I think she loves Evan.  And I think anything that shakes that stability, shakes her to the core and cuts deeper than it might the average person.   Combo that with the relentlessness of Teresa, the fact that there's nobody who is 100% on her side (hence her "why are people yelling at me, what did I do???") when in the real world they probably would be, and Jackie is a mess.  I also think she's gotten thinner.  Is that just me?  

The more curious person in all of this is Marge.  Jackie's reaction might be highly emotional, even moreso than we might expect (although as an emotional person myself, I might be acting the same way for all I know, I've never been in a scenario like that), but Marge is way over the top angry.  I can only assume that it's going to come out that she somehow was involved.  Somehow the clip of boys night that they played back didn't feel right.  Either they clipped it too short to not capture all that he said or they showed it from a different camera angle so you couldn't see Joe B's expression when he dropped his little bomb, but it wasn't just his words, it was his delivery as well and that replay last night was not the full delivery.  And while she's correct that Jen wasn't there, Marge wasn't there either yet is demanding and insistent that her version of the exchange is right.  And JoeG and Frank are not sitting there saying "Joe didn't say it" they are saying "we don't believe it."  There are nuances happening around that entire discussion that haven't been revealed at this point in filming.  

I thought it was interesting that Teresa was quaking in her boots about having to talk to Evan and GOOD FOR JACKIE for not letting her slip out of that one.  I have said from the start that EVAN should have called TERESA and that would have stopped this shit in its tracks because she would have been all bothered and flummoxed and backed down right away.  

Put me in the Dolores and Frank camp, their quick "hey, this was a great dinner party!" exchange made me legit LOL .  And honestly, I also like Jen and Bill.  I loved her pink and black outfit.  And again, I lol'd at the entire neck massage vibrator thing. 

Speaking of laughing, did anybody besides me laugh at Melissa throwing a platter of cheese at Teresa and she just didn't move from her seat?  I mean, how much drama are you surrounded with that someone throws CHEESE CUBES at you and you just keep right on talking???  May I never reach that point in life.  

Did anybody watch the show after RHONJ?  Caroline was talking with Andy about reality tv and I thought she said some interesting things about production.  So did Luann from NY.  Luanne said "kill them with kindness."  Caroline said "they become almost part of your family, they are always there, but on the flip side you know what they are doing,  so you want to be careful around them!"  I'm of the belief that this entire thing was planted by production because they needed drama coming out of covid lockdown and perhaps production doesn't particularly like Jackie that much.  My understanding is that reality show production crews want full access -- not a regimented, carefully controlled image that Jackie is trying to dictate?  Just a guess.  I do think Marge is complicit in this somehow.  Maybe it went from Marge, to production overhearing, to Teresa or something.  

Am I the only hoping that these ladies see how much better they look in a more natural look and stop with the heavy extensions and caked on makeup?  Hey Jackie - let that natural curl loose, why hide it anyway!  Jen, lay off the makeup and stop with the coiffed hair!  Melissa, embrace those pretty flowy dresses and trying to dress like Antonia!  Teresa, why are you styling yourself like Cruella?  I don't know, I think these ladies are so much prettier when they are less done up.  Mainly because when they are, they look so harsh.  I mean, Jen looks 15 years younger when her hair is loose and wavy and she wears lighter makeup, or no makeup at all.  

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Am I the only hoping that these ladies see how much better they look in a more natural look and stop with the heavy extensions and caked on makeup?

Not at all! I feel like they forget they're being shot in high def. Having done theater for years, I can tell you they cake on the makeup like they're going on stage to perform for thousands in a large hall. It doesn't look good in close-ups.

Watching the earlier seasons, I'm struck by how gorgeous Tre is - naturally curly hair, small boobs, just a little bit of eyeliner with her tan. She just looks plastic now. And Jackie and Marge look like they got molded at the same wax museum. Melissa seems to have learned this lesson - she really caked it on in the earlier seasons and goes for a much more lightweight look now. Less is more, just go for higher-quality products. 

It's one thing to get all done up for a red-carpet event, or a day of talking head filming. Quite another for an outdoor dinner at a shore house. 

• Love 6

“Speaking of laughing, did anybody besides me laugh at Melissa throwing a platter of cheese at Teresa and she just didn't move from her seat?  I mean, how much drama are you surrounded with that someone throws CHEESE CUBES at you and you just keep right on talking???  May I never reach that point in life.”

Almost as funny as Melissa cleaning up the cheese cubes while everyone else was still talking.

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, sure. I said it was not uncommon, not that every Italian American family does it.  Just like the fact that not every Italian American family calls red sauce "gravy" (that's New York/New Jersey thing but not common among Italian Americans in the Boston area).  

Actually I live in the Boston area and have always called it gravy. Which basically confirms your point! 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

“Speaking of laughing, did anybody besides me laugh at Melissa throwing a platter of cheese at Teresa and she just didn't move from her seat?  I mean, how much drama are you surrounded with that someone throws CHEESE CUBES at you and you just keep right on talking???  May I never reach that point in life.”

Almost as funny as Melissa cleaning up the cheese cubes while everyone else was still talking.

What’s with these people and the throwing of food at each other? How infantile.

• Love 4

The best thing Evan can do for his career, family and Jackie is to get her off the show. She is simply too fragile. In light of her admitted eating disorder issues, it is too dangerous for her to remain.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

RhoNJ is so good haha. The arguing looks real and not scripted! I've never thought Melissa was sneaky before but now I kind of do. I think she loved that Joe took her side over Teresa's. She even made a face when Joe hugged Teresa during his meltdown smh. He is kind of right about Teresa's ex. Imo Joe Guidice has always kind of bullied Teresa's brother. Jackie is ruining the show for me. I don't like how she was treated like a child. She can't say really horrible stuff to Teresa then expect Teresa to apologize and give in. Jackie should get therapy and get off reality tv. I think Jennifer drinks because I think she might think Bill has a wandering eye,imo. Weren't there rumors before about him and her sister? Margaret's husband seems so nice and harmless lol.

Melissa seemed to be taking advantage of the situation, I don't think she would of thrown cheese on anyone's table but Delores'. She seems to respect and be subservient to Marge and Jackie.

Edited by NihadsWife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, NihadsWife said:

Jackie is ruining the show for me. I don't like how she was treated like a child. She can't say really horrible stuff to Teresa then expect Teresa to apologize and give in.

This is so true.  There has to be an objective standard for any of this to work—did Teresa say/do something heinous?  If we’re using the subjective standard—how Jackie reacts to Teresa—then Jackie is going to take everyone on the show down with her into her rabbit hole of crazy.  

Something really weird must have gone on with editing at Dolores’s party, and I resent when we don’t get the full picture.  Jackie ended last episode with her Cheshire Cat grin saying, “can we just fucking drop it and be cordial” and “did you get that confidence in jail?” And when asked to repeat herself, she said “yeah, that’s what I fucking said.”  Mind you, everything Joe B said at guys’ night had already come out at this point.  

Then, in this episode, Teresa storms away in a fit of curses and suddenly Jackie is reduced to a sniveling mess and everyone, including Teresa now has to tiptoe around her.  The narrative makes no sense.  How can I watch a show when something crucial was cut out?  Either something crucial was cut out or Jackie is certifiable, and she needs to be off the show just so that it can continue and viewers aren’t scratching their heads saying WTF.  

Also, I am not mad that Teresa apologized to Jackie.  Teresa, if she feels bad, which it appeared she did, should be a big enough person to say to Jackie that she is sorry for what she said about Evan, for what she brought up at the table, etc.  Because Teresa was wrong about a bunch of things.  What Teresa doesn’t get to do IMO is expect a return apology from Jackie, because either you’re sorry or not and it doesn’t matter whether the other person is sorry, and I’m not sure Teresa gets that.  And Teresa, by apologizing to Jackie and saying it’s done, has to actually be done, and I don’t believe Teresa is over it.  I have a feeling she is going to go ape about the Gia coke “analogy” at the reunion, and I don’t respect that.  Be over it or don’t be, but pick a lane.  

If Teresa did not think she owed Jackie an apology, but Jackie was reduced to a puddle of tears and her husband was coming and Teresa just wanted to make it nice, she could have said what she originally intended to say, which was that there would be no more unpleasantness coming from Teresa and they should just stay out of each others’ way.  What I can’t abide by is the fakey fake shit of the picture taking like they’re besties and Teresa telling Jackie and Evan she would never want to hurt them, when that was exactly what she wanted to do at the beginning of the season.  All Teresa could talk about, from Lake George to the Jersey Shore was “fucking Jackie,” but, no, she would never, ever want to hurt Jackie and Evan.  That makes zero sense.  I don’t think Teresa is smart, but even she knows what basic concepts mean, and she should have integrity with her words or they mean nothing.  

If she apologized in order to get in good graces with her brother, because their father’s memorial is coming up, I am even more sickened.  An apology is something that is issued when one is aware that they have done wrong, not because of circumstances.  I am going to be watching Teresa very closely for the rest of the season, and if she’s not really fucking good with Jackie, I’m going to mention each and every time that she is a total hypocrite.  Integrity is telling your brother, “I love you, I loved dad, but I do not forgive Jackie for taunting me about jail in front of a table full of people, so do what you need to do with that, and I hope we can forge our own peace, despite our differences about Jackie.”

Also, Jackie should take a page out of Margaret’s book and wear a one-piece bathing suit with full coverage.  I was kind of uncomfortable the entire time she was wearing the black suit with the cutout over her abdomen.  It was highly unflattering.  

And just as a final note before I retire this episode from my DVR:  Margaret threatened to go all in on Jennifer after they had already gone in on each other.  Do it, Marge!  Fucking do it.  Because I promise you that you will lose.  Remember at the season 7 reunion of RH Atlanta when Nene roared to Kenya “this ain’t Phaedra!”?  Well......Jen ain’t Siggy or Danielle or Jackie.  She will hand you your ass on a platter like she does every time you guys get into it, so, please, by all means, keep up the insults to Jen, such as the fact that her husband is her meal ticket, which he is.  When is Margaret going to realize that it’s not an insult to say that someone is rich by virtue of who they married?  It beats the shit out of being broke because you lost a lawsuit and your husband is too lazy to work.  Come up with better material, bitch.  Joan Rivers she ain’t.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Thank goodness NJ is still delivering some good brain candy.  This whole bunch are lunatics, so it's hard to know where to start, but Jackie it is.  The girl is a nervous wreck, she has rubbed the side of her head so much, her hair (or extensions, whatever) looked like brittle hay.  Man, if just because Teresa started a vicious rumor about her marriage, can cause her to become so unhinged, she really needs to go for her sake.  She's not in the right venue for her stability, because these others are piranha and will whittle her down to the literal bone.  Plus, nervous people make me nervous and it's not entertaining.  Good thing Teresa liked Evan, imagine what shit she would have started if she'd disliked him.  Ha.  Teresa taking pictures of Jackie and Evan french kissing, made me want to hurl. 

Jennifer is another shit starter that plays dumb when it doesn't roll her way.  Her, I didn't know not to say anything, nobody said don't say anything, spiel is very childish.  If she can't read social cues, and lacks discretion, that's on her.  Bill even tried to tell her what happens at boys night, stays at boys night and she just overrode him.  Bill maybe should keep his trap shut, since he's bound to know she won't.  Her pink and black outfit was soooo cute.  I loved it and she looked good in it.  Fortunately for me, Jennifer is very beautiful and I do like looking at beauty, and that's pretty much her saving grace for me.

I'm not really sure what Delores brings to the table?  She needs to get into a fight with someone pretty soon, or what is the point of being on this soapy? 

I couldn't decide if I liked Melissa's pink swimsuit or not.  She has a banging body and pretty much looks good in anything.  Her youngish clothes don't bother me, I actually think they are cute and she looks good in them. 

And after all these years, I am still weirdly fascinated by Teresa's hairline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I feel like I'm on crazy pills. Am I the only person who heard Joe say at the poker table that he heard the rumor in his house because the women in his house kept talking about it? I remember when he said it, I was like "what a dumb thing to say. that's not hearing a rumor, that's hearing your wife talk about a rumor." 

He was like "I heard the rumor".... long pause ... "from the women in my house" (not exact dialogue but you get it) 

I swear the guys are just as bad at gossip if not worse sometimes. 

Thank you so much for posting this.  You're not the only one.  I thought that's what I heard him say too, but I was starting to second guess myself and thought maybe I misheard or misunderstood because no one else seemed to pick up on that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, janiema said:

The best thing Evan can do for his career, family and Jackie is to get her off the show. She is simply too fragile. In light of her admitted eating disorder issues, it is too dangerous for her to remain.

I agree...unless they really needed the money it would be the best thing for her and her family to walk away. The fallout on social media and sites like this where she is kind of a target for trolls and haters is not for the faint of heart. 

• Love 4
(edited)
53 minutes ago, SoTheresThat said:

Thank you so much for posting this.  You're not the only one.  I thought that's what I heard him say too, but I was starting to second guess myself and thought maybe I misheard or misunderstood because no one else seemed to pick up on that.

So I remember it being that allegedly Evan has a girlfriend, and that it's not the first time he has heard it and that his house always has women talking.  It was never clear if he heard it before or after.  His expression and delivery was also...something.  Frank said he didnt believe it, said let's take a vote, all said no way except Joe B who hemmed and hawed and said he was 99% sure it never happened.  

So the reframing of the night doesn't quite fit the actuality.  Or at least not how I remembered it?  

Edit:  Just remembered I have the episode recorded on sling, I am going back to watch, wasabi and all.

Edit again: 

Joe B says I've got no details, the rumor was that he's got a girlfriens.  And to be quite honest with you, I've sort of heard the same rumors (note: either joe tripped over the words or the bravo editing monkeys were playing around because the words "the same" are jarbled - it sounds like editing, truth be told)

JoeG (TH) - holy shit, Joe just dropped a bomb!

Bill says - Joe, are you revealing your source?

JOEb -  i mean, to be quite honest with you, in any given day there are 10 women in my house and none of them talk quietly.

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

Thank goodness NJ is still delivering some good brain candy.  This whole bunch are lunatics, so it's hard to know where to start, but Jackie it is.  The girl is a nervous wreck, she has rubbed the side of her head so much, her hair (or extensions, whatever) looked like brittle hay.  Man, if just because Teresa started a vicious rumor about her marriage, can cause her to become so unhinged, she really needs to go for her sake.  She's not in the right venue for her stability, because these others are piranha and will whittle her down to the literal bone.  Plus, nervous people make me nervous and it's not entertaining.  Good thing Teresa liked Evan, imagine what shit she would have started if she'd disliked him.  Ha.  Teresa taking pictures of Jackie and Evan french kissing, made me want to hurl. 

Jennifer is another shit starter that plays dumb when it doesn't roll her way.  Her, I didn't know not to say anything, nobody said don't say anything, spiel is very childish.  If she can't read social cues, and lacks discretion, that's on her.  Bill even tried to tell her what happens at boys night, stays at boys night and she just overrode him.  Bill maybe should keep his trap shut, since he's bound to know she won't.  Her pink and black outfit was soooo cute.  I loved it and she looked good in it.  Fortunately for me, Jennifer is very beautiful and I do like looking at beauty, and that's pretty much her saving grace for me.

I'm not really sure what Delores brings to the table?  She needs to get into a fight with someone pretty soon, or what is the point of being on this soapy? 

I couldn't decide if I liked Melissa's pink swimsuit or not.  She has a banging body and pretty much looks good in anything.  Her youngish clothes don't bother me, I actually think they are cute and she looks good in them. 

And after all these years, I am still weirdly fascinated by Teresa's hairline. 

I agree with just about everyting you said except for Jennifer's drive in burger joint waitress on roller skates outfit...I was expecting Laverne and Shirley to pop out of a closet singing  "Hassen Pfeffer Incorporated..." Teresa looked like an older member of a harem in that purple see through bikini/coverup thing she was wearing. Jackie's suit was falling off of her scary skinny body...this season has really taken its toll on her. And I coudn't agree more about Delores...don't quite see what she brings to the table either.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

In some states on the east coast that have a lot of NJ transplants, you can buy it in the grocery stores, pre-sliced and pre-packaged.  Not as good as the fresh cut roll (like Melissa was doing), but serves the purpose well!  

It's sooo freakin' good - I think I may have to have a sandwich for dinner!!  🙂

I never heard of it...looks a little like SPAM? But looking at the label on the back, besides the high fat and high sodium content as well as having sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate in it...I would have to pass on it despite looking delicious on the grill.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I never heard of it...looks a little like SPAM? But looking at the label on the back, besides the high fat and high sodium content as well as having sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate in it...I would have to pass on it despite looking delicious on the grill.

Right.  You definitely don't eat it for your health.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:
8 hours ago, amarante said:

People go to Italy for furniture. I have never heard anyone proudly touting the beautiful designs coming out of contemporary Chinese furniture factories.

If that’s been your experience, that is cool.  And my experience is that the most interesting people think outside of the box and do things differently than others.  I like innovators.  If something hasn’t been done before, I tend to applaud the person who does it first.  

I know from past experience that what is  less expensive in Asia is custom work that is not only made to order, but it is done very quickly as well. She was probably able to get specific designs, dimensions, and finishes at a greatly reduced price in comparison to the US. I mean, how many thrones have you ever seen in furniture stores here?  She obviously had very specific furniture in mind.

21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I agree that it wasn’t a definite case of xenophobia, and I may be using too strong of a word, but something rubbed me the wrong way about Margaret’s slack-jawed face and put-downs of Jen going to China to get her furniture.  It may not have been xenophobia per se, as Margaret wasn’t showing dislike for people of another country, but to me she was showing disdain for a person for shopping in a particular country, like it is tacky to get shit from China.  

Margaret for sure has made cracks about Jen's taste, like pointing out that Jen buys clothes from Amazon in a very derisive way. She's been shitty toward Jen since she joined the cast.  Wasn't it Margaret who said something about mail-order brides regarding Jen's brother? At the very least that shows a condescending attitude toward another culture.  

1 hour ago, SoTheresThat said:
11 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I feel like I'm on crazy pills. Am I the only person who heard Joe say at the poker table that he heard the rumor in his house because the women in his house kept talking about it? I remember when he said it, I was like "what a dumb thing to say. that's not hearing a rumor, that's hearing your wife talk about a rumor." 

He was like "I heard the rumor".... long pause ... "from the women in my house" (not exact dialogue but you get it) 

I swear the guys are just as bad at gossip if not worse sometimes. 

Here is the clip: https://www.nbc.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/video/did-joe-benigno-also-hear-rumors-about-evan-goldschneider/4321397. He definitely said he had heard the rumor also and when questioned regarding details he said at any time there are at least 10 women in his house and they all speak loudly.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

(note: either joe tripped over the words or the bravo editing monkeys were playing around because the words "the same" are jarbled - it sounds like editing, truth be told)

More like the men on the show have the range of Groot, with more mumbling.

• LOL 3

I think marge is so jealous of Jennifer she can’t see straight. Jennifer looks better this year than she ever did, and seemingly has a nice stable marriage with a wealthy, (mostly) classy surgeon. Margaret cheated on her first husband with her second husband who can’t even be bothered to finish construction on their own home for years. She’s projecting all her own issues growing up and in her relationships on Jen. Do her children still not speak to her?  She’s such an asshole. 

Jennifer was wrong in bringing up Marge sleeping with her boss, but spare me the indignation from Margaret. First of all, she wasn’t a “young girl”, she was a young woman of 20 years old. She wasn’t a 14 year old. Secondly, she brought up this experience during an “intimate moment” where she was being filmed for a television show, and she also happens to be writing about these experiences in a book so....not exactly an event she was trying to keep private. I used to like Margaret but as with most of these ladies the longer they are on the show the less I like them. 

Oh my god I can not with Jackie and her ratty hair and her flower dress and acid washed denim jacket that I think I owned in 1996. I think her eating disorder is raging and her low self esteem is painful to watch.  She should get some help or at least get off my Tv. When she said she was going to disappear on the wave runner I was like is that a promise?!

I can say one thing about my fellow Jerseyans....we like to eat and actually cook!  All the food looked delicious. Dolores looked absolutely beautiful. I loved Melissa throwing the cheese, then helping to clean it all up. And Frank helping. Hee. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Right.  You definitely don't eat it for your health.

9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I moved to Portland, Oregon from NJ and you can get it out here.  People think of it as breakfast bologna.  And it is still served SPK.

22 minutes ago, Lassus said:

That urn chandalier is amazing!!!

Unfortunately that is not the style that Jen was after, her tastes run more of the standard issue Persian style, gilt framed tufted sofas and marble topped tables, lots of it, all pushed up against the walls in large room.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think it was crappy for Teresa to start and spread the rumor about Evan. However, if Jackie really wants to end all speculation then perhaps she should stop behaving like the rumors are true. If there truly is no cheating going on then why is Jackie so unglued? I think there’s something going on with Jackie other than the stuff on the show- she doesn’t seem ok at all. 

I keep having this exact thought.  Jackie should know better. She gave such life to the rumor, she almost confirmed it.  Why not call out Theresa on the fact that at her party Teresa, as an invited guest,  Teresa ran around gossiping about the hosts?   Why not confine it to the point should could have defended?   Crying and acting like her marriage was being destroyed made her look like an idiot, it made Evan look guilty and it put all the focus on the rumor itself and not the act of gossiping to harm and hurt which is what Theresa openly did in front of the cameras.  If Jackie was a good lawyer, wouldn't she see that?  

My first impression, back at the party when this started,  was that Teresa was seething with jealousy that Jackie was parading her marriage as a happy one, something Teresa didn't have.  If Jackie said nothing at all she would have been better off to let the footage speak for itself for nothing really had to be said, Teresa looked so bad.  Teresa looked pathetic, desperate, jealous and petty.  She came off as a backstabber.

The apology  in this episode came so unexpectedly-- but it was satisfying and Teresa redeemed herself.  Again Jackie missed her cue to apologize for starting the whole thing seasons back bringing up Teresa's marriage in their big fight which fueled conflict with Teresa from one season to the next.  Jackie ended up in the shadow of Teresa again when she could have taken some ownership for the way Teresa felt even if Teresa let it get out of hand, and now we only have to wait to watch her marriage fall apart like her bad hair extensions (and perhaps concealed baldness).   Teresa is an emotionally stunted, egocentric, jealous and vengeful person, but Jackie seems equally fake and everything she does and says seems contrived and badly planned.  I can't feel sorry for either of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Not at all! I feel like they forget they're being shot in high def. Having done theater for years, I can tell you they cake on the makeup like they're going on stage to perform for thousands in a large hall. It doesn't look good in close-ups.

Watching the earlier seasons, I'm struck by how gorgeous Tre is - naturally curly hair, small boobs, just a little bit of eyeliner with her tan. She just looks plastic now. And Jackie and Marge look like they got molded at the same wax museum. Melissa seems to have learned this lesson - she really caked it on in the earlier seasons and goes for a much more lightweight look now. Less is more, just go for higher-quality products. 

It's one thing to get all done up for a red-carpet event, or a day of talking head filming. Quite another for an outdoor dinner at a shore house. 

🤔 Oof I cannot agree with you there.  She always had that hairline that pretty much touched her eyebrows.  

I was watching earlier seasons this week and Melissa was REALLY UGLY!  Like, I cannot even wrap my head around it.  I think she got her nose done first and then her chin and lips.  

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That urn chandalier is amazing!!!

Unfortunately that is not the style that Jen was after, her tastes run more of the standard issue Persian style, gilt framed tufted sofas and marble topped tables, lots of it, all pushed up against the walls in large room.

Yes that is exactly the look.  It is.. not good.  And if I remember correctly, she has a big white leather couch.  (Shudder)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

🤔 Oof I cannot agree with you there.  She always had that hairline that pretty much touched her eyebrows.  

I was watching earlier seasons this week and Melissa was REALLY UGLY!  Like, I cannot even wrap my head around it.  I think she got her nose done first and then her chin and lips.  

Yes that is exactly the look.  It is.. not good.  And if I remember correctly, she has a big white leather couch.  (Shudder)

Melissa has had 3 nose jobs at least. Remember Jacqueline spilled the tea on that.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tre is gross. Her BS is going to age out quickly like Vicki and Tamra of the OC did.

I love the Gorgas shore house. A dream for entertaining with the amazing deck space, bar, shade, sun, boat/toy lifts and a pool! A happy house  like Joe said. I like it. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8

Jackie has some issues. The non eating and uncontrollable crying. She’s not cut out for this show. 
Marge is horrible. The way she spoke to her husband was cringeworthy. Why does he put up with her treatment of him? She emasculates him. 
Jen was messy to start stuff up again but that’s her job and she does it well. Margaret’s over the top reaction was laughable. Margaret has shown to be kind of slutty. Is it slut shaming if it’s true? She spread her legs for the contractor while she was married. She banged her boss. She could have said no. She was on Jens case for being housewife and mom? Shut the hell up Margaret. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 3/31/2021 at 11:16 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

But Melissa was wrong for getting in Teresa’s face like that and throwing a cheese plate as if this is season 8 and it’s a cake.  Someone really smells themselves on the chopping block.  I noticed that Joe G likes to start fights at tables (season three christening, pounding on the table).  Does he think he looks taller sitting at a table and pounding on it?  He actually looks like a really seasoned baby in a high chair.  

LOL - every time Gorga has pounded on a table I look to see if I can catch the image of Cheerios bouncing up into the air.

As for Margaret saying "I let myself be vulnerable and shared an intimate moment with the other ladies"

How intimate and private is that if you also shared it with the ghostwriter for your book ON camera and again with the other ladies ON CAMERA? That story is just Margaret setting up a teaser for her book in hopes of future sales. KFB sees another intimate moment coming with Margaret as she sets up another "photo shoot" ON CAMERA posing for the cover of her book,

I still believe Joe B discussed the Evan situation with Margaret because she knows too and he also heard the information outside of their home. Joe B said he heard Evan has a "girlfriend" not he's hooked up with randoms now and then. Girlfriend implies an ongoing relationship he is having not a one off. I think she gives him BJ's

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Dear Jackie, as a nurse I recognize an eating disorder. Your face hair and skin scream malnutrition. You could have indulged in a breakfast sammie. Just sayin. And not that she has to be the poster child for ED, but since she went public on the show, one would think she would be more cognizant that people are looking to her to be healthy and in recovery, not perpetuating the disease. She is a professional victim, her personality blows, and it’s painfully obvious she shouldn’t be on this season. Maybe she’s regretting telling the world she refuses to give her hot husband BJ’s. Does she not realize there are five ladies lined up behind him at the gym willing to do so? Or at the very least his much talked about and becoming more likely to be real girlfriend is? She needs to get back into therapy for her mental and physical state of mind. She needs to do a Gina from the OC and get rid of those heinous extensions. Her real hair is above shoulder length and curling up leaving her nasty extensions hanging limp underneath. Lord have mercy, why do they all need this uber long hair. It’s just not working on these ladies as they age. 

I was uncomfortable with Melissa’s high cut aggressive two piece bathing suit. I don’t need to know you just got a Brazilian wax to come to the shore.  Admittedly I have disliked her from the time she came in the show. I just don’t need to see her ladybits so aggressively prevalent. It’s a no for me.  And she was so quick to piggyback onto the argument with Teresa. She is still so angry that if not for Tre she would never be on the show.  Her store is called Envy as she remains green with it  

I love Frank and Delo. I wish they could work it out but Frank likely is unable to ever change his wandering eye. It’s crazy, as Delores remains one of the hottest housewives on Bravo. 

I’m so sick of Margaret calling herself The Marg. It’s not cute, the name nor the pigtails stuck honey. Suck those gruesome veneers back into your jacked up wrecked face and find a new way to be ironic. And since when did someone in their early 20’s become a young girl. GTFOOH with that nonsense. Her insane jealously of Jennifer’s wealth and standing has her looking twenty shades of crazy. 

E77348FC-6E03-4027-9DEA-93D09DADA27D.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 11:28 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Speaking of the grill! Hubby and I went down a rabbit hole of finding a flat top grill like Joe G's, and we found one that is just like it that has a fryer on the side to boot. I am going to send my next Amex bill to the Gorga's since its their fault we had to get one.  I will wait in line behind Michelle and her husband for payment ;)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I’m so sick of Margaret calling herself The Marg

Oh, yes!  I don't remember hearing it for quite some time and then there it was again.  She obviously thinks it's cute or engaging....it's not.  

Suck those gruesome veneers back into your jacked up wrecked face and find a new way to be ironic.

In one scene she pulled her lips back and exposed those chompers in such a way that all I could think of was Wallace from Wallace and Gromit.

I was uncomfortable with Melissa’s high cut aggressive two piece bathing suit. I don’t need to know you just got a Brazilian wax to come to the shore.

I've often thought she walks like something is chafing, maybe this time she had a reason

13 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jackie looks so defeated. Her posture is whack and her head is always down. 

Perhaps she shouldn't have been so quick to  declare herself to be the winner in the first episode of the season....

On 4/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, Lassus said:

That reminds me of the fun I used to have looking in the display windows of some furniture stores in the NYC Little Italy area.  That was some time ago but there obviously was a market for it.  A lid for every pot.

• Love 7

Marge sucks so bad. She does emasculate her husband. Also stop trying to trash Jen re her and Bill. Yea he makes the majority of the money but I wouldn’t call him her sugar daddy. I don’t usually say it but Marge is jealous about all things Jennifer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9