Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Mar. 15 – Don Lemon (Author, “This Is The Fire”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 16 – ABC News Chief Business, Technology & Economics Correspondent Rebecca Jarvis (“GameStopped”)

Wednesday, Mar. 17 — ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl (Author, “Front Row at the Trump Show”); Megan Mullally & Nick Offerman (“The Great North”)

Thursday, Mar. 18 — Ice-T (“The Mediator”)

Friday, Mar. 19 — Meredith Vieira joined by Paul Lima (“After the Murder of Albert Lima”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Don Lemon's interview the other night with Jimmy Fallon was great. Hopefully he'll be able to handle Mean McCain.

From the posts on Instagram, Ana and Don Lemon are great friends.  Too bad she won’t be there.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, rcc said:

BW would never have let MM be so disrespectful of the guests and her co-hosts.

That's true. She didn't like when Joy and Whoopi walked away from Bill O'Reilly. BW was not perfect, but she seemed to be believe in civility between people even if you can't stand them. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Axie said:

From the posts on Instagram, Ana and Don Lemon are great friends.  Too bad she won’t be there.

Joy Behar is great friends with Lemon as well. Before the pandemic, they did a lot of socializing according to both of them (she used to have him over for dinner frequently).

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Sunny, Joy & Don Lemon were all invited to Ana's wedding and seemed to be having a great time in the photos showed on The View at the time.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I bet Meghan won’t be there for the Don Lemon interview. He had some choice words for her during one of his recent shows and he doesn’t bite his tongue nor mince words lol. 

I remember that. You’re right that Don doesn’t mince words, but it says a lot he’s got so many good friends, including ladies at The View. Who is else told “I love you” every day at work? Lol 

Something tells me if Meghan shows up, we won’t get any “I love you D Lemon!” Hopefully she at least pronounces his name correctly. “Her people” like to call him Don Le Mon. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I think Don Lemon was implying that he wouldn’t have sent Meghan a baby gift when he said he didn’t pick out the gift, his partner did and that “he’s a better man than I am.”

I heard that part, too. I thought maybe he was talking about the dinner invite when he said that. Either way, it was a low-key rebuff.

• Love 10

Whoopie, the picture on your sweater looks more like Ana Navarro than you.  And, I’ll make sure I brush my teeth before I go out to protect everyone from Covid.  ????

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Are we taking bets if they are going to shade what's going on at The Talk? 

Yay for Meredith!

Do they even acknowledge other similar shows to theirs exist? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Are we taking bets if they are going to shade what's going on at The Talk? 

Yay for Meredith!

I detected some slight shade from Whoopi when she was talking about the Senator and how she prefers the racists let us know who they are, vs pretending.   

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg, you can’t condemn Ron Johnson on one hand then follow up with a “yeah, but antifa,” which attempts to excuse his abhorrent comments.

This annoyed me so much.    This is not a "walk and chew gum" as she likes to say moment.   What he said was racist, harmful, and stupid.  Period.  Thank you Joy for circling back to correct MM's lies about what she had said about Antifa.    

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I think Don Lemon was implying that he wouldn’t have sent Meghan a baby gift when he said he didn’t pick out the gift, his partner did and that “he’s a better man than I am.”

That was the best insult to MM! He flat out told her he didn't send it. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Axie said:

17 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I bet Meghan won’t be there for the Don Lemon interview. He had some choice words for her during one of his recent shows and he doesn’t bite his tongue nor mince words lol. 

Now I'm wondering if there was a certain level of shade in MMs question to Don Lemon about the Vatican's position on blessing same sex marriage.  Don is openly gay but I don't think he speaks as much on gay rights issues and I don't believe he's catholic.   Just felt a bit weird and he didn't seem that comfortable answering.   

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I get that Meghan is a conservative.  but her complete refusal to look beyond the right-wing talking points is maddening. 

All she has is the talking points.  She knows what the truth is.  But she sure as fuck isn't going to help it be seen. She is team player first and foremost.  

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Now I'm wondering if there was a certain level of shade in MMs question to Don Lemon about the Vatican's position on blessing same sex marriage.  Don is openly gay but I don't think he speaks as much on gay rights issues and I don't believe he's catholic.   Just felt a bit weird and he didn't seem that comfortable answering.   

Yeah, that was a weird question, especially if he isn’t Catholic. Why would he care?

9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan doesn't know all the facts.  Her tactic recently is, instead of giving her opinion, READING a quote from the New York Times 

You mean that newspaper she continually disparages unless it lines up with her opinion?

• Love 16

Meghan simply HAD to ask Don Lemon to comment on the "gay issue"  of the pope not wanting priests to bless same-sex marriages.    WHY?   Not every gay person (he's not even Catholic)  cares what the pope says about anything.  Attendance at catholic schools and churches is WAY down,  people are walking away from the catholic church,  most people who consider themselves catholic don't follow everything the church says, and gay couples get married all the time without needing the pope to say it's OK. 

I thought he handled it brilliantly, segueing into "Jesus was a middle-eastern man with dark skin."  

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joy: "I'm DONE! You had your say, and I had mine. I'm done!"

Twatty: "blahblahblah, but...antifa...didn't sayblahblahblahblah.."

Whoopi: "We'll be right back."

Me: BOOM!!!!!

Hah! Yeah that was great!  Joy was DONE!  She ain't having it biach! Just STFU already!

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I get that Cuomo's policies did not protect nursing home residents from covid.  I'm not sure, though, exactly HOW he was supposed to isolate covid patients, given the circumstances at the time. Meghan talks as though he deliberately murdered people.  She is parroting what other Republicans are saying.

I can only imagine that when the homes got the news the covid pts were coming they started rearranging like crazy to setup wards.  Either wards for all the covid pts together, or wards for the non covid pts together. But seperate from all others.  man the admin must have been going nuts 'on word of the Gov!'.  Yikes.  Working in a hosp, this would be a nightmare sitch.  Question....the covid pts were alive right?  They werent deceased? Can you imagine that call from the Gov?  'Yeah weve got X number of pts, highly contagious and you need to keep them alive.' But Im sure they knew nothing of any nefarious deeds.    

2 hours ago, Axie said:

Hahahah slam dunk! I laughed so hard! I wanted to see her face on that one hehehe i don't think they showed it though.  About Don, i don't know if it was really real, or just a glib one-liner you crack off the top of your head.  It was total snark though and I dug it!!!

• Love 8

I find it laughable that MiMi-Gan and her ilk are so concerned about nursing home deaths when it’s been clear from day one that they’re more concerned about the negative effects of lockdowns than protecting everyone else from the virus. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joy: "I'm DONE! You had your say, and I had mine. I'm done!"

Twatty: "blahblahblah, but...antifa...didn't sayblahblahblahblah.."

Whoopi: "We'll be right back."

Me: BOOM!!!!!

Thank you joy!  And, as always, MM didn’t cite the ADL stance correctly.  In fact their statement notes that in the past 10 years there has been one death attributable to anyone identifying as antifa (which, as joy noted, is not an organized group of any kind) and hundreds committed by right wing extremists...they did not say it was an extremely violent group.  I wish everyone had time to fact check the crap she’s  going to say so they had rebuttals prepared.  Otherwise she just gets to spew lies and misconceptions at will. At least they should be able to correct her lies the next day.  

• Love 22
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They can't really when they're saddled with Meghan McCain, who says worse things than Sharon Osborne everyday.

Yay for Joy correcting her Antifa lie! 😄

Meghan's honestly much more rude and unpleasant than Sharon imo. I can actually get through some episodes of The Talk without Sharon annoying me. 

I liked what Sunny said about the protests. I thought about going but decided not to because I have high risk family and was scared of getting covid. However, once I saw how aggressive some of the police were and the craziness from the counter protesters, I was too frightened to go anyway. 

You do look good Don! Even a certain racist anchor who calls you Don Le Mon doesn't deny how hunky you are. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Axie said:

think Don Lemon was implying that he wouldn’t have sent Meghan a baby gift when he said he didn’t pick out the gift, his partner did and that “he’s a better man than I am.”

Nah! He is not that petty.  I think he was being gracious enough to credit his fiancé.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Nah! He is not that petty.  I think he was being gracious enough to credit his fiancé.

i don't know about that....he's pretty petty and shady.  He throws some serious low key shade, like a master slayer

• Love 10

AN interesting show today...

First, Joy epressed her concern about if Cuomo resigns and a Republican will be appointed to take his place. Appointed by whom?

If Cuomo was to resign, his Lt. Governor Hochul (a well-liked Democrat) would take his place. How come no one corrected Joy on this one - not even Sunny ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/nyregion/who-is-kathy-hochul.html

Yes, I picked up Whoopi throwing shade at Sharon when she commented that Sen Ron Johnson doesn't hide his racism. Kudos to Whoopie!

No, Don Lemon is not Catholic so I don't know why Meganutz asked him about the Pope blessing a gay marriage. I remember when Whitney Houston died, he covered the funeral for CNN, which was held at a Baptist church. Lemon was a great host, and as he said - he's Baptist so he was able to explain the ceremony to the audience. (However, maybe his partner is Catholic?)

Lastly, at the end of 'View Your Deal', maybe Gretta and Sara can do the viewing audience a favor and close with a 'half price deal' from Legal Zoom so viewers can declare bankruptcy after they buy all that crap they peddled today.  At this point, that would be the BEST deal for VIEWers. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The other women on this show need to force Meghan to "defend her insinuations" (TM Elisabeth Hasselbeck). WHO is she talking about when talking about people giving Cuomo a pass? Who was saying it was okay that nursing home residents died? He lost a lot of people with his premature victory lap/book, and people were talking about the nursing home stuff even then. Who is she talking about?

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

Well, McCain often likes to pretend she's a LGBT advocate. I've never bought it, so I wouldn't be surprised if she went at him with some moral question about his sexuality on purpose to "hit him where it hurts" in her little mind. She's the one who's disgusting. You can perceive what a person is by what comes out of their mouth--particularly in those unscripted moments--because that's what sits and dwells in their heart all day, and only hatred and disrespect for everyone and everything comes out of her, imo. And it's nonstop, not just a one-off thing. That allows people to discern what she is. She really should worry about her own glass house, before throwing stones at someone else.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

The other women on this show need to force Meghan to "defend her insinuations" (TM Elisabeth Hasselbeck). WHO is she talking about when talking about people giving Cuomo a pass? Who was saying it was okay that nursing home residents died? He lost a lot of people with his premature victory lap/book, and people were talking about the nursing home stuff even then. Who is she talking about¿

She is clearly talking about her cohosts. Meghan on Friday told Sara that she was "okay" with kids in cages, and today accused Joy of supporting the deaths of the elderly and developmentally disabled. She didn't come right out and say the second, but it was very very heavily implied. 

I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes. The rancor is not just petty anymore (which it always was), but it's getting pretty vile.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

She is clearly talking about her cohosts. Meghan on Friday told Sara that she was "okay" with kids in cages, and today accused Joy of supporting the deaths of the elderly and developmentally disabled. She didn't come right out and say the second, but it was very very heavily implied. 

I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes. The rancor is not just petty anymore (which it always was), but it's getting pretty vile.

Can you imagine how Meghan would react if one of the other women ever talked to her like that? Her head would explode. She has to constantly be reminded by the others they're not talking about her specifically when they're talking about issues with the Republican Party. And Meghan has some nerve to ever say Sara is okay with kids in cages after basically telling Joy she's had enough of her outrage about it. Her "oh God" response to Joy about that very issue was very recent. Also, Joy is elderly herself. Did Meghan show outrage about the safety of the elderly when certain people of her tribe were saying screw masks and social distancing? I know many older folks who'd get anxiety just going to the grocery store and dealing with anti-maskers getting in their faces. My friend's elderly brother died because of a boss pushing people to go into work, covid or not. A family member got covid and brought it home to him. Just because he didn't die in a NY nursing home doesn't mean his death wasn't tragic. Making certain covid precautions political had deadly consequences. 

If Don was being deliberately petty, GOOD. She deserves it. Meghan continues to be nasty but she wants to be one of the cool kids so badly. She wants Joy's lasagna. She wants to hang out with Don Lemon & co. But she doesn't want to be nice! She has one set of rules for herself and her party, and an entirely different set of rules for others. She's allowed to say whatever she wants and however she wants, and her party is allowed to make mistakes. The other women and people of the Democratic party have to watch their every word, try to understand and defend her and her party, and they are not allowed to be flawed. Her ego and partisanship are beyond. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

AN interesting show today...

First, Joy epressed her concern about if Cuomo resigns and a Republican will be appointed to take his place. Appointed by whom?

If Cuomo was to resign, his Lt. Governor Hochul (a well-liked Democrat) would take his place. How come no one corrected Joy on this one - not even Sunny ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/nyregion/who-is-kathy-hochul.html

I think Joy was talking about the next gubernatorial election if a Republican were to win.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12