Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Joy is right. Antifa is not an organized group.  It is an ideology. Anti facism.  However the issue is when someone does something and says they are antifa or someone says it was antifa that did (blank) we have no way of knowing if that is true. It could simply be someone trying to make the ideology antifa look bad.  It wouldn't be the first time bad actors were used to make people fear someone/something.

And Senator Ron Johnson might not have been afraid of the January 6th rioters but I am a white woman who lives in a red state and the only people I fear is people like the January 6th rioters. He is up for re election in 2022 and he hasn't announced if  he is going to run again.  I think his most recent racist statements are a trial balloon to see if he will get support from the majority of voters in Wisconsin.  

When Sunny was listing all the Republican governors who have done shady things during the pandemic saying the media is giving them a pass all I could think about is and yeah so is your co host Meghan McCain. She has been loathe to criticize any of them.  I have to wonder what is her line in the sand that a Republican politician has to cross before she will criticize them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I think Joy was talking about the next gubernatorial election if a Republican were to win.

That's what I thought at first, but she clearly said "appointed" a few times. She never said "voted in".  There's a big difference between the two. Again, I'm surprised no one - especially Hostin - didn't correct her on how the system actually works.

• Love 1

So is Joy going to get to speak last or will she be interrupted when they return? Will the show have learned their lesson and mute McCain when it's someone else's turn to have the final word or not? I think we could all make a winning bet here.

• Love 12

As hard as it still is to get an appointment for a vaccine in one’s age group, opening it to everyone would be mayhem.

Besides spring breakers causing a surge, I’m waiting for the inevitable surge here in Indy with 64 basketball teams and fans descending on us this week.  And of course no one is wearing masks.  Already a bunch of refs were diagnosed. Get ready for all these people to arrive back to your cities soon. 

• Love 10

Nutmeg is really really hoping to jump the line by getting vaccinated on the show that’s why she threw that out there. Bottom line, she’s not going to trust scientists until she gets vaccinated and is told that she can go out and do whatever she wants to without the restrictions that ABC is placing on her. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

Nutmeg is really really hoping to jump the line by getting vaccinated on the show that’s why she threw that out there. Bottom line, she’s not going to trust scientists until she gets vaccinated and is told that she can go out and do whatever she wants to without the restrictions that ABC is placing on her. 

She said out of her own mouth that she'll take the vaccine if it means she can get drunk at Caesars Palace.  I'm watching like "wow, that's your priority?" SMH. 

• Love 23

. . . so is "opine" Gov. Newsom's favorite word?

During these interviews, I like to see if I can pinpoint the very moment when the interviewee is mentally eye-rolling at Meghan's gotcha attempts. It's usually right before they say ”That's a great question, Meghan."

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Axie said:

Kind of weird that as a new mother Meghan is looking forward to getting drunk in public above all else.

I think it's all part of the Housewives fantasy life that she so badly wants to live.  Getting sloppy drunk in public is apparently her jam.  Just think of all the drunk selfies that she's missed out on this last year.  Sooo sad!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

She said out of her own mouth that she'll take the vaccine if it means she can get drunk at Caesars Palace.  I'm watching like "wow, that's your priority?" SMH. 

yeah, and can't she get drunk at home with her hubby? i vote she starts doing that so she can't show up for her 1 hour of work a day.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Axie said:

Kind of weird that as a new mother Meghan is looking forward to getting drunk in public above all else.

It is kind of weird that she would publicly announce her alcoholism on live tv. She was positively appoplectic last week about her young daughter someday reading tweets but she is not worried about little Liberty seeing that clip of her oddly saying she would have something implanted in her back so she could get drunk at Caesar's Palace. She doesn't even try to make sense.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Axie said:

Because it is all about Meghan. No matter what it is for her it's all about how it affects her. For most people getting the vaccine means yay I won't get sick and die or yay I can see my grandparents without worrying about getting them sick. But for Meghan it's Yay I can get drunk and gamble.

21 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, and can't she get drunk at home with her hubby? i vote she starts doing that so she can't show up for her 1 hour of work a day.

If she gets drunk at home the baby will be there and unless she has a full time nanny she will have to stay sober enough to take care of Liberty. But if she goes out she can act like as stupid as she wants.

• Love 13

It’s hard to believe Meghan hasn’t found a vaccine in her super rich circle as we’ve heard plenty about people like her jumping the line. Maybe they are really cracking down on who can get it better. But she’s still so angry! Every day anger. It’s weird in a new mom, most are so overjoyed with their child and the activities, milestones. She’s been worse than ever lately, dredging up clips of VP Harris not trusting Trump in September, Dr. Fauci from last March 🙄 and just putting any part of the year of covid in whatever order that suits her. She has been more miserable this week, if possible. And to just state on tv that you want a vaccine just to get drunk in bars is ridiculous. It’s embarrassing already, Meg. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

She wants to get drunk somewhere, anywhere.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg: I’d rather live in FL than CA and my friends are leaving in droves.

Newsome (thinking): I’d rather you live in FL too.

He certainly was able to refute her erroneous  talking points. 

Yelling here, "Don't ever come to CA!!!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I would think that the primary motivation for getting the vaccine would be to NOT GET SICK - and to not transmit the virus to others (like an infant).  

I am vaccinated, my husband just had his first shot, and we have no plans to hang out in bars.  It's really more about breathing a sigh of relief, feeling more comfortable going to the grocery or drug store, or picking up food at a restaurant, and not panicking when we see someone not wearing a mask.  

Meghan drives me crazy when she talks about getting the shot in order to party without a mask.  

Haven't watched for a long time, but she still has that same sour face expression and looks to her left at times, the way she did when  they had an audience. Does she ever talk about her daughter with any kind of affection?? 

• Love 1

I've said it before here and I'll say it again: Meghan is too smart to be that stupid. She's being willfully ignorant to burnish her conservative credentials, and that is why I strongly dislike her.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I've said it before here and I'll say it again: Meghan is too smart to be that stupid. She's being willfully ignorant to burnish her conservative credentials, and that is why I strongly dislike her.

But, everyone out there thinks she is stupid, and that cannot be something one aspires to be!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-blames-kamala-harris-for-republican-hesitancy-on-vaccine-also-rips-biden-e2-80-99s-failure-to-credit-trump/ar-BB1eEaad?ocid=BingNewsSearch

• Love 7
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan's honestly much more rude and unpleasant than Sharon imo. I can actually get through some episodes of The Talk without Sharon annoying me. 

Agreed and agreed!!!!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

No but it seems like she aspires to be a victim.  Poor little misunderstood Meghan.

And her argument that it was what Kamala Harris said that caused Republicans not to want the vaccine is ridiculous. Does Meghan really expect us to believe Republicans would ever listen to a Democrat?

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

Honest to God!  Did she even listen to the Harris clip??  She didn't say she didn't trust the science, she said she wasn't going to take Trumps word for it but instead would want scientists and experts saying it was ok.  And no, this isn't a both sides are equally at fault.  Exactly how are the Dem's at fault here--it was the R's and Fox who ridiculed wearing masks (and still do), downplayed the virus, encouraged states to stay open, etc.  They are the reason we are as bad as we are right now with so many deaths. I'm not even sure what she thinks the dems did to deserve equal blame for republicans refusing the vaccine?? (Because whatever they supposedly did certainly isn't stopping the majority of Dems to refuse to be vaccinated).  Is her entire argument of equal blame based on Kamala's statement--which didn't even say what MM says it did?  I agree that she continues to try to stay in good with her tribe--whether she's smart enough to know that what she's saying is crap or is just stupid I don't really know (though I agree with DB that if it's the former, then she's even worse).  Either way she's awful and I'm really sick to death of hearing her blabber on and on every day.  I DVR the show and recently have just taken to FF through whenever her face appears and her mouth starts to move.  I don't really care what she has to say.  I think it would be different if she either was limited in her time (so she can't just run at the mouth continuously) and then cut off (and had the same amount of time as everyone else has) and wasn't allowed to interrupt or add her two cents to everyone else's comments, OR she was fact checked every single day and called out on when she blatantly lies or twists the facts. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Nutmeg and her team love to shade Blue states like California but where would this country be without them. Before the pandemic upended our lives and country, California was the 6th largest economy in the world.  She is such an ignorant fool.. Why does this moron have a platform? is this the best conservative that ABC can find...

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg showing a clip of Kamala Harris from 9/20 to explain why Reps don’t want to get the vaccine now. Sure, blame the Dems for Rep stupidity. And there it is, the knocking of Fauci too. 

Yep. Never the Republicans fault, even the disgraced, twice impeached, one term president who lied and denied Covid, and secretly received the vaccine. It’s clearly Kamala and Fauci’s fault. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Nutmeg and her team love to shade Blue states like California but where would this country be without them. Before the pandemic upended our lives and country, California was the 6th largest economy in the world.  She is such an ignorant fool.. Why does this moron have a platform? is this the best conservative that ABC can find...

Has she ever acknowledged that blue states pay more into the system, and red states take more?  Sounds like the hated welfare to me. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I’m beginning to wonder about this.  No, they’ve e had better, smarter, more articulate  conservative voices (Nicole Wallace anyone?). But, Mega truly doesn’t care if what she says is stupid, or true.  She just has to make the chatter on social media. No-Shame McCain keeps everyone coming back.  Maybe they do know what they’re doing!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GladysCravits said:

She wants to get drunk somewhere, anywhere.

Guess what Meghan, there are businesses that sell liquor so one can imbibe at home!  I know!  It’s amazing. 

I wonder is she’s been temporarily banned from the AZ homestead due to Covid. I’m sure she’s jonesing to kick up her heels, drink some Jack while smoking a cigar, and slaughter helpless creatures.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Sunny, please never stop with the "disgraced, twice impeached, one term President".  I just love that so much.

I die every time! Today she forgot one-term though. 

I know Republicans are said to be more skeptical, but I feel like it's the other way around. People like Meghan are often so concerned with patriotism and religion they tend to suspend critical thought. They deified you know who, and I also think if he were to have encouraged his fans to get vaccinated, it would have had a huge impact. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10

Whoopie doesn’t seem to understand that the reason why there are age requirements for vaccinations is because there aren’t enough doses to give as per requested.  She seems to be under the impression that White,older, Republicans not wanting to be vaccinated is keeping her daughter and son-in-law from getting theirs.  Sometimes she’s so thick it makes my brain hurt.

I agreed with Kamala Harris at the time she made it.  Had the former administration remained in power I’m not sure I would have gotten it.  The lack of information, erroneous information, conspiracy theories etc. would have kept me away although I’m a huge researcher.

• Love 18
52 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

They deified you know who, and I also think if he were to have encouraged his fans to get vaccinated, it would have had a huge impact. 

Maybe I misheard but I thought someone did bring up that he and his wife had been vaccinated in January.  It does sound like he never used that as a teachable moment though which is too bad,

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Maybe I misheard but I thought someone did bring up that he and his wife had been vaccinated in January.  It does sound like he never used that as a teachable moment though which is too bad,

Yes..it was recently stated that he and melania were both vaccinated in January, secretly.  I don’t think they were the ones who made the statement though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Yesterday, Sara closed the show with their weekly Monday Garage Sale.

Today Sara closed the show with an infomercial.

She belongs on HSN or QVC not 'The View'.

Just throwing this out there - I use Amlactin Foot Repair cream and it is wonderful.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

To put it nicely, Meghan needs to stop playing gotcha with smarter people. It never goes well. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Axie said:

3 hours ago, cinsays said:

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Because it is all about Meghan. No matter what it is for her it's all about how it affects her. For most people getting the vaccine means yay I won't get sick and die or yay I can see my grandparents without worrying about getting them sick. But for Meghan it's Yay I can get drunk and gamble.

If she gets drunk at home the baby will be there and unless she has a full time nanny she will have to stay sober enough to take care of Liberty. But if she goes out she can act like as stupid as she wants.

Based on Meghan's comments previously and today about going out and drinking, I guess it's safe to assume that Meghan is no longer breast feeding.  

And, what is really stopping her from getting together with her friends at a bar/restaurant and getting drunk?? If she feels comfortable with her friends and being around them, it shouldn't be an issue, except that they would have to sit at a table rather than sitting directly at the bar (at least in some states - not sure about wherever she is currently residing.)  She's been out and socializing with friends during the pandemic (while pregnant, even) - there are photos to prove it.  

Or, perhaps, Meghan is still breast feeding, so she shouldn't be drinking to excess, and maybe she's frustrated about that and blaming the lack of vaccine on her frustration of not being able to drink???  

• Love 6

Meghan:  “I do trust science, I trust doctors.”

Meghan, five seconds and a thousand words later:  “I don’t 100% trust him [Fauci].”

I love how she contradicts herself in the same run-on sentence. 

Edited by AryasMum
Runoff run-on. Meh.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Meghan has mentioned more than once that she can't wait to get vaccinated so she can go out and get drunk.  She just had a baby, who has been in quarantine since she was born.  Her family, who she says she is close. has not had a chance to meet Baby Libby.  I am not mom shaming here but why is partying her top priority?  I have not seen my nieces and nephews, who live 15 minutes away, for over a year.  I have not met their 4 month old brother.  I can't wait until all of us adults are vaccinated.  I have been stocking up on books, whoopee cushions, finger paints and other activities to share with them.  Amazon has enabled me to reestablish myself as their favorite fun aunt.  What I want more than anything is to be able to have a big family dinner or BBQ.  I just do not understand where Meghan is coming from.  

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Meghan:  “I do trust science, I trust doctors.”

Meghan, five seconds and a thousand words later:  “I don’t 100% trust him [Fauci].”

I love how she contradicts herself in the same runoff sentence. 

Concerning Fauci it's personal.  He made  her give away her masks.  Or so she says.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5