Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

I can't decide if it's Whoopi or The View's producers to blame for that incorrect statement that Law and Order SVU is the longest-running drama series on television. Did they forget that ABC's General Hospital is celebrating its 58th anniversary in two weeks?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, mispickel said:

I can't decide if it's Whoopi or The View's producers to blame for that incorrect statement that Law and Order SVU is the longest-running drama series on television. Did they forget that ABC's General Hospital is celebrating its 58th anniversary in two weeks?!

Daytime soaps generally aren't considered dramas, I believe.  Given the ridiculous nature of much of the content, I'm not sure I can debate that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mispickel said:

I'm sure Whoopi or the producers left out the modifier "prime time".

• Love 7

Yeah, love Meredith! Wish she was on as moderator instead of Whoopie.

Nice that Megsy had to slam at Sara with her "I don't know what that has to do with it" remark.  I think she's just jealous of her fellow panelist and doesn't let any chance to comment negatively on her go by.

And why is it always Megsy that they ask about anything related to kids? I would think Sara would have it a little tougher to manage with 3 little ones instead of Megsy's one.  Pandering to her, I guess.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

It's soooo good to see Meredith ... it's like taking a long, warm bubble bath!!!

Joy's smile gets so much wider and her eyes just sparkles whenever Meredith is there.  She has said that she felt unmoored when she left and that morale was low at the show.  Meredith was truly the one who held the show together at that time.

• Love 20

First- Joy looks great today. Looks like she’s had a professional blow out and her earrings are right on point. Damn! She’ll be 79 this fall.

Boy oh boy, it appears as though MM is threatened by Sarah? Sarah appears to have come into her own since COVID. Looks like by having to take turns and being better prepared to make her point she’s shining through.  I always liked her and found her to be pretty bright and intelligent.  She also does a good job with the fluff.  She seems the one most like Meredith.

• Love 24
49 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Joy is tripping out that how big Ben has gotten.

Good lord I miss Meredith on this show. 

You mean a moderator who actually knows stuff, can competently control conversations, and who cares about doing a proper job of it?  Yup. 

Edited by Kromm
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

Me-Guns is so insecure!!  She had to show us all that she knows the words to Toby Keith songs. And BTW- she likes Toby Keith too!!   It’s like dealing with a child.  She doesn’t know what that song had to do with anything?  Sarah just explained it to us all.  
 I always liked  Sarah, but felt she was just a little too bubbly and light for this show.  But, since she has returned, I feel that she is more assertive.  She always seems to have a sincere opinion and manages to get it across without being obnoxious.  Yesterday, MM replied to one of the topics by saying she doesn’t know how to speak about things outside of the context of politics. (And then went on to blather about - well, nothing)

Sarah could teach her a thing or two.  Something I never thought I would say

• Love 19

I only watched the beginning, but I assume this wasn't corrected.  Meghan, in her big long diatribe covering everything in one compound sentence, said Disney Land is now opening, and Disney World is now opening.  You'd think this show could get it right.   Walt Disney WORLD, in Florida,  Only stayed closed for a few months, and was re-opened in July 2020, with mask requirements.  Even when Florida's governor ignored all the information about masks, argued against wearing masks, and then banned mask mandates, Disney World requires all employees and guests  to practice social distancing and maskwearing, and has  installed plexiglass barriers in lines and on rides along with reduced capacity.  Imagine how difficult it is to enforce safety measures in a state where the governor says you can't. 

Disney LAND, in California, was not allowed to be opened until very recently, they will open April 30, after being closed for over a year.  Two different states, with vastly different policies, it illustrates how different the messages are from one area of the country to another. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

First- Joy looks great today. Looks like she’s had a professional blow out and her earrings are right on point. Damn! She’ll be 79 this fall.

Boy oh boy, it appears as though MM is threatened by Sarah? Sarah appears to have come into her own since COVID. Looks like by having to take turns and being better prepared to make her point she’s shining through.  I always liked her and found her to be pretty bright and intelligent.  She also does a good job with the fluff.  She seems the one most like Meredith.

Sara has also proven herself to be a team player. Something Big Meg will never be. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Me-Guns is so insecure!!  She had to show us all that she knows the words to Toby Keith songs. And- she likes Toby Keith too!!   It’s like dealing with a child.  She doesn’t know what that song had to do with anything?  Sarah just explained it to us all.  

Honestly, obviously neither Sarah nor Megan listen to Toby Keith because Beer For My Horses is a duet he did with Willie Nelson and the line in question is actually sung by Willie (who is famously from Texas).  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

late to the party, as usual, but a snarky little part of me wished that SOMEONE would sneak in a question to Gavin Newsom about his ex Kimberly Guilfoyle! not that he would have taken the bait, but still... the fantasy!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sara is everything Meghan is not.  She is genuinely liked it seems by her co hosts.  She got her job because ABC thought she was good enough for it.  She has an actual college degree that is relevant to talking about politics. 

The cancellation of Sara and Strahan and Keke is the best thing that could have happened to Sara.  I know she was on The View before that, but she was just there (for me.)   Now she's really holding her own and hosting The Chase possibly means ABC wants to stick with her long term. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

Add me to the Sarah 2.0 love train.  She definitely seems to be settling into her role.  Her increased comfort level also seems to be in direct proportion to MM's hate towards her.   There's so much passive aggressiveness on this show...

Speaking of which.... I also love how both Sunny and Meredith made a point of saying the are pro- Dr. Fauci.   

I want to hang out with Ana and Uncle Luke 🙂

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 23

So some idiot republican  uses a quote from a song to say "as we say in Texas -"  a quote about lynchings, of all things!   Sara makes the correction that it's not a Texas saying, but a line from a Toby Keith song, and Meghan  makes some asinine comment in defense of Toby Keith!   NO, do NOT derail the conversation, Meghan!   IS she going to go on twitter now and holler about how "the left"  is trying to CANCEL country music?  

Her brain works in mysterious ways.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Meredith Vieira will never not be missed.  Her gravitas and what it brought to this show has been missing ever since she left.  I think ABC assumed that because Whoopi Goldberg is Whoopi Goldberg, that she would bring that same quality to the show.  She does not. 

• Love 22

2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I forgot Meredith was going to be on!  I miss her.

IkR!! I had forgotten then smiled  yay Meredith!  Then got sad when realization she wasn't really there. Dam Zoom.  Oh well, she looks great nonethesame, her doc looks really good but Krackle? have to ck it out.  I think something like this played on tv, but it was like a 20/20 or Dateline.  Back to Mere......we love ya baby, come baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

late to the party, as usual, but a snarky little part of me wished that SOMEONE would sneak in a question to Gavin Newsom about his ex Kimberly Guilfoyle! not that he would have taken the bait, but still... the fantasy!

You know he probably looked like this after her "THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" screaming speech. 

whoopi.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=2000

• LOL 11

I always liked Meredith, but I wasn't able to watch the show as consistently back then. She's always come across so genuinely sweet. I don't know how she'd handle someone like Meghan though. 

Her son is really cute. I guess Joy remembers him as a little boy. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I only watched the beginning, but I assume this wasn't corrected.  Meghan, in her big long diatribe covering everything in one compound sentence, said Disney Land is now opening, and Disney World is now opening.  You'd think this show could get it right.   Walt Disney WORLD, in Florida,  Only stayed closed for a few months, and was re-opened in July 2020, with mask requirements.  Even when Florida's governor ignored all the information about masks, argued against wearing masks, and then banned mask mandates, Disney World requires all employees and guests  to practice social distancing and maskwearing, and has  installed plexiglass barriers in lines and on rides along with reduced capacity.  Imagine how difficult it is to enforce safety measures in a state where the governor says you can't. 

Disney LAND, in California, was not allowed to be opened until very recently, they will open April 30, after being closed for over a year.  Two different states, with vastly different policies, it illustrates how different the messages are from one area of the country to another. 

And, since ABC is owned by Disney, you would think that someone would factcheck or correct her on this.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Can someone post the actual joke?  I'm having twitter issues and was curious what the joke was.  Thanks.

Meghan said she trusts science, she trusts doctors , and she would let them implant an ipod nano between her shoulder blades if it meant she could get drunk at Caesars palace again. 

Yes, a stupid joke that left more people scratching their heads than people laughing.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan said she trusts science, she trusts doctors , and she would let them implant an ipod nano between her shoulder blades if it meant she could get drunk at Caesars palace again. 

Yes, a stupid drunk that left more people scratching their heads than people laughing.  

But then she ended that sentence with how she didn't Trust Dr. Fauci, what with him being part of the government. Never MIND that he's worked as the top Doctor for over 30 years and 7 Administrations. She can miss me with her faux outrage, which is just toddler whining and vaccine envy.

• Love 13

I enjoyed watching Meredith today as well. She just always seems like a calm and lovely presence. I'm with Joy - the first thing I thought when I saw Ben was wow, he's a man! I remember one of Meredith's sons, not sure if it was Ben or Gabe, who came on The View way back when and gave a movie review. I can't remember if it was a regular thing, or just happened a time or two, but he couldn't have been more than maybe 12-13?

Also, did someone have a cat meowing in the background? I was multitasking when I first heard it and was looking around my own house thinking a neighbor cat was at the door.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I enjoyed watching Meredith today as well. She just always seems like a calm and lovely presence. I'm with Joy - the first thing I thought when I saw Ben was wow, he's a man! I remember one of Meredith's sons, not sure if it was Ben or Gabe, who came on The View way back when and gave a movie review. I can't remember if it was a regular thing, or just happened a time or two, but he couldn't have been more than maybe 12-13?

Also, did someone have a cat meowing in the background? I was multitasking when I first heard it and was looking around my own house thinking a neighbor cat was at the door.

Oh, good.  I thought I was losing my mind. I heard a cat, too. Love Meredith and her family.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

And why is it always Megsy that they ask about anything related to kids? I would think Sara would have it a little tougher to manage with 3 little ones instead of Megsy's one.  Pandering to her, I guess.

Even Sunny...though her kids are older (both teenagers, I think). Still, I'd go to her before Your Megasty. 

I loved how everyone on the panel was smiling as Ana shared her vaccination experience - except one!!!! Beautiful!!! 😝🤣😂

• Love 12
1 hour ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I'm pretty sure it was at Meredith's home.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/18/2021 at 2:42 PM, AryasMum said:

As an aside, I just saw a clip of an 83 y/o Asian woman who took a plank to a white man who punched her in the face. He was the one on the EMS stretcher. Go Grandma!

Yes!!! This woman is AWESOME!!!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

You know he probably looked like this after her "THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" screaming speech. 

whoopi.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=2000

I can never think of that woman without Stephen Colbert's description of her..."screaming banshee who will haunt your dreams", or something like that. Whoopi's facial expression seen here will never NOT be funny. 🤣😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Did they mention that Disneyland will restrict admission to Cali residents only when it re-opens? Disney World has allowed visitors from all 50 states since last summer. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

Yeah, it was while Meredith was speaking at one point. At the end, when she said she was about to introduce someone to them, I thought she was about to pick up a pet cat since one had been making noise. Sort of like the day Joy was holding Bernie in her lap.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Re the segment about Chip Roy:

Sunny threw some not subtle shade at Me-Again when she was criticizing this doofus Chip Roy and others who are/were turning a hearing about violence against Asian-Americans into false rhetoric about free speech. Sunny came right out and said: It is not a coincidence that Asian American hate crimes have risen by 150% since COVID, noting that "it is directly related to people using rhetoric like the Wuhan virus, like the China virus, like the Chinese virus, and people need to stop using that rhetoric, it is directly related and there is no excuse for it, and there is certainly no excuse for it coming from the pillars of our gov't. It is despicable." Recall that Me-Again was reminded via social media that she said on The View last year that she had no problem with calling COVID those names, that is where it came from and that Trump was being effective calling it that.  She has ignored being called out on this so far--when the responsible and grown-up thing to do would be to admit that she was wrong, she is merely silent.

Sara pointed out that Chip Roy's lynching comments were not from an old Texas saying but from a song by "great country philosopher Toby Keith" from 2002.  When it came to Me-Again's turn, she snarled: "Toby Keith also said we'll put a boot in their ass, it's the American way...I love Toby Keith, I don't know what Toby Keith has to do with this but whatever" (with fluttering caterpillar eyes and bobbling head). She then told us that she knows and likes Chip Roy and is disappointed and confused by this. She then says that any glorification of lynching whether it be in a country song or on the congressional floor is highly inappropriate. Wait, what!? Didn't she just say she didn't know what Toby Keith had to do with this, and didn't she say she loved when he said shit like 'we'll put a boot in their ass, it's the American way'"? 

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Ana said "word salad" today and I think that may also have been a little shady. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

I found the heated discussion between Sara and Sunny re: mental health and criminals very interesting. I have to side with Sara on this one. There are mentally unhealthy people who have gone off their meds and committed crimes. Not all of them, but it's been known to happen. I liked that their disagreement was civil and not personal.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I found the heated discussion between Sara and Sunny re: mental health and criminals very interesting. I have to side with Sara on this one. There are mentally unhealthy people who have gone off their meds and committed crimes. Not all of them, but it's been known to happen. I liked that their disagreement was civil and not personal.

Exactly. I could understand both perspectives even though I agreed with Sara, and neither of them acted like immature assholes when it became clear that they weren't going to agree.

Take note, ABC. That's how you "make sparks" without devolving into incoherent bitchiness.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Sunny was right to say that people who suffer from mental illness are more likely to be victims of crimes and not perpetrators.  I was on the train in NYC once and this guy seemed out of it was arguing with somebody that was not there and while he was gesticulating madly, he hit somebody accidently and the guy hit him back viciously.  I thought the guy who hit him back was in the wrong in my opinion since he was obviously having an episode.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, tinkerbell said:

Yes, a stupid joke that left more people scratching their heads than people laughing.  

oh. Dumb.  Thanks for posting it.  I didn't miss much lol.

Add me to the Meredith love train.  She is a classy lady through and through.  Can't say enough.  Speaking of her new gig, it made me think now that Sara has the Chase, that makes three of them now with/had side hustles in prime time.  Sara, Sunny and Whoopi.  I dont think Joy wants one (not sure though) and i bet MM is chomping at the bit to get something.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

oh. Dumb.  Thanks for posting it.  I didn't miss much lol.

Add me to the Meredith love train.  She is a classy lady through and through.  Can't say enough.  Speaking of her new gig, it made me think now that Sara has the Chase, that makes three of them now with/had side hustles in prime time.  Sara, Sunny and Whoopi.  I dont think Joy wants one (not sure though) and i bet MM is chomping at the bit to get something.  

Nutmeg wants to be adored by the masses so she does want a side hustle that would lead to that but she has no charisma or intelligence to pull off a show based on her merit.  She used to do the Sunday political shows on ABC and she was an absolute failure.  

Joy had a show on HLN and she was awesome on there.  I used to love how she would bring in people that she did not agree with on a subject matter and had healthy robust debates with them.  There were no histrionics name calling or misinformation on her show. Just adults having a discussion  about things in life and it was not always about politics.. Her show on religion was just so damn good.  Since I am on my love train for Joy, she looked really beautiful on Friday and she will be 79 this year... I hope that I look just as good when I get to her age.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14