Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: All Sales Final

Aulty

The employees celebrate the past, present and future of Cloud 9 in this hilarious and emotional series finale.

Original Air Date: 03/25/2021 (08:30PM - 09:00PM)

Elias is a serial killer? Was Dina pregnant? No futures identified for Janet, Sayid, and the new woman other than attending the cookout? Amy and Jonah were visiting from California? I noticed Emma had a Northwestern shirt — maybe they moved to Chicago? 

The job interview videos were the highlight. My favorite was the moment Glenn became Dina’s enemy.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Elias is a serial killer? Was Dina pregnant?

Oh, I'm so glad someone else picked up on the foot thing...  that's exactly what I was thinking!  um, ew?  Maybe he's a secret medical student or grave robber?  😉 

Dina pregnant?  I must have missed something - what made you think that?

While I really was against an Amy and Jonah reunion/rekindling, I will have to admit, they did it well and it worked.  Loved Glenn's Mateo inspired epiphany. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

No, I'm not crying, you're crying...

So somebody, please clue me in---what happened to Garrett? Did he become Dina's stay at home boy toy? My Beloved and I ran through the end several times and didn't see him at his next job.

• Love 9
Just now, chaifan said:

Dina pregnant?  I must have missed something - what made you think that?

It looked like she was wearing a frilly, empire-type shirt. I literally couldn’t tell if it was a pregnancy or a style. (Which makes me wonder about Garrett. Is he a kept man? 😂)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh, that was a great ending. Loved the interview videos and the "where they are now" clips. Carol only getting a smallish payout. Sandra taking charge! Garrett closing the show on the loudspeaker.

Gee, my seasonal allergies must be acting up! *Sniff*

• Love 22
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I don’t think I realized how much I was rooting for Jonah and Amy until they had their big kiss. 

Ha.  It made me sad because I thought it was well done and I felt absolutely zilch about their moment other than I think Ben Feldman is so good (again).  Such a waste of a grand romantic gesture on me. 

But otherwise, it was quite perfect the way they wrapped up everything.  And having Garrett do the announcement "we're closed" was appropriate.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

They got funny again. This last season was getting progressively better compared to the last few seasons and this finale was perfect. I laughed out loud a few times and Jonah and Amy found chemistry again and actually made me tear up a little. They all did, I loved the ending and what happened to all the characters. I’d never thought of it before but city council is perfect for Jonah as is a kid named Carter. Good stuff. You’ll be missed superstore. 

• Love 16

I thought it was a lovely ending for everyone. Amy and Jonah are not my favorite pairing, but I'm glad he found a way to do something meaningful to him (running for city council) while also making the relationship work. I wonder what Cheyenne and Mateo thought about Amy and Jonah naming their kid Carter - they gave Amy such a hard time about Parker, and Carter is even more basic, IMO.

I hope Sturgis & Sons doesn't get driven out of business again. If anything, the economy is even more difficult for small businesses now than during Glenn's father's time.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

Amy and Jonah were visiting from California?

Amy quit her Zephra job, so there was no reason she had to stay in California. It wasn't shown for which city council Jonah was running, so it could have been anywhere. Their honeymoon photo looked like it was taken in Greece, so they must be doing very well, wherever they are.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

It looked like she was wearing a frilly, empire-type shirt. I literally couldn’t tell if it was a pregnancy or a style.

I think it was just the style of the dress, plus Lauren Ash being a curvy lady. She didn't look pregnant in the scene where she's running the FC.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Their honeymoon photo looked like it was taken in Greece, so they must be doing very well, wherever they are.

As Amy said, once you’ve been an exec you usually get to stay an exec. She was making low six figures as the Cloud 9 manager and her Zephyr job was a promotion; I’m sure her income has only gone up.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I wonder what Cheyenne and Mateo thought about Amy and Jonah naming their kid Carter

Cheyenne's daughter is named Harmonica, so I think Amy and Jonah don't need to worry too much about what Cheyenne thinks about "Carter".

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Cheyenne's daughter is named Harmonica, so I think Amy and Jonah don't need to worry too much about what Cheyenne thinks about "Carter".

I know, but there was a whole episode of Cheyenne and Mateo giving Amy a hard time about the name Parker and trying to get her to change it, so I thought naming her youngest kid Carter was a callback to that episode.

• Love 14

That montage of everyone was so beautiful done. Everyone at the picnic was so great. I loved the the bit with Myrtle.

Was anyone missing at the BBQ? Maybe Jonah and Amy’s parents would have been nice. The pandemic made that especially poignant.

A really wonderful finale. 

• Love 17

I know I responded already but it really is one of the best finals I've seen in a long time.  Which is a relief because between GOTs and how I met your mother there have been some real crap endings in the past several years.  

Successfully found a realistic ending for cloud nine and showed how all the characters moved on but still retained all the great memories and friendships from the show.  

• Love 18

After some weak seasons, the show was really improving again, so I'm sad that it's ended.  Went through a couple of Kleenex there! The part I found a little odd was that Dina didn't even seem to consider Garrett, Cheyanne or Jonah for jobs at the FC - esp. since none of them had other jobs lined up and it's tough to find a retail position right now.   Though I wasn't a fan of Amy/Jonah getting back together - it actually worked really well.  America had a nuanced and very good performance in those last scenes with Jonah. 

• Love 10

I have been rewatching the monologue nonstop. So, everyone at the BBQ: Glen, Jerusha, Jonah, Amy, Emma, Dina, Garrett, Cheyenne, Bo, Mateo, Eric, Marcus, Earl, Sayid, Nia, Sandra, Jerry, Janet, Tony, Carol and Justine.

There was a woman talking to Sayid and Nia, two guys sitting on benches behind Bo and Cheyenne, and three people near Carol. One of them is the woman with glasses whose name I can never remember. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, MelisendeT said:

The part I found a little odd was that Dina didn't even seem to consider Garrett, Cheyanne or Jonah for jobs at the FC

Maybe Fulfillment Center workers need to be physically able to lift and haul large amounts of product?  Dina considers Jonah to be physically weak, and probably Cheyenne, too.  Garrett can't do that kind of work; otherwise we would probably have seen Dina's angst at whether or not to include him as one of the five, even though she knows that he's not a good worker.  Speaking of which; I was surprised that she and Sandra considered Justine to be a good choice.  I thought she was more of a talker than a worker.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Maybe Fulfillment Center workers need to be physically able to lift and haul large amounts of product?  Dina considers Jonah to be physically weak, and probably Cheyenne, too.  Garrett can't do that kind of work; otherwise we would probably have seen Dina's angst at whether or not to include him as one of the five, even though she knows that he's not a good worker.  Speaking of which; I was surprised that she and Sandra considered Justine to be a good choice.  I thought she was more of a talker than a worker.

Good point. I know nothing about how FC's work and figured that the tasks would be split between warehouse heavy lifting and stocking (Marcus, Sandra) and packaging items/adding an address and paperwork - which could be done in a wheelchair.  Oh well, he always tried to do the minimum amount of work, so he's probably happy to not work at all if Dina can support him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MelisendeT said:

The part I found a little odd was that Dina didn't even seem to consider Garrett, Cheyanne or Jonah for jobs at the FC

She did consider Jonah when talking to Amy.  She said he was smart but she wasn't even sure if he was going to stick around.

The real head scratcher was that she could only bring five people.  I'd think she'd need more than that--not that all would be suitable for the job or want it.

• Love 4

This was such a lovely way to end the show. I liked how they referenced everyone's quirks (Glenn being spacey, Jonah's wokeness, Sandra's doormat personality, etc.) without making them too negative or Flanderized, which was the tendency these past two seasons.

6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Ok, I admit to some tears in my eyes at the end.  I loved seeing the interview clips that Glenn had saved & how young everyone looked. 

Same here. I thought the interviews were a great way to call back without doing a clip show.

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope Sturgis & Sons doesn't get driven out of business again. If anything, the economy is even more difficult for small businesses now than during Glenn's father's time.

It might have a chance since the nearest Cloud 9 won't be selling hardware anymore?

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

It might have a chance since the nearest Cloud 9 won't be selling hardware anymore?

There are still the big chain hardware stores like Home Depot and Ace, with huge selection and low prices. The only way a small store like Sturgis & Sons can stick around is if it builds a reputation for knowledgeable salespeople, and neither Glenn, Mateo, or Cheyenne seem to be home improvement experts. I don't mean to be a downer since of course I want all the characters to have a happy ending, it just seems unrealistic in this case.

• Love 1

Aww lovely way to wrap this up.

Glenn hiring both, Mateo and Cheyenne, seems a bit much. They would get bored so quickly with no one else around to bitch about or trash talk the other. And as others have mentioned, they know nothing about hardware.

LOL even Carol was at the BBQ and seeing younger versions of themselves in job interviews.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She did consider Jonah when talking to Amy.  She said he was smart but she wasn't even sure if he was going to stick around.

The real head scratcher was that she could only bring five people.  I'd think she'd need more than that--not that all would be suitable for the job or want it.

I didn’t get the only 5 people either.  So they would hire outsiders to fulfill the other positions when there are perfectly good insiders needing job.

9 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Elias is a serial killer? Was Dina pregnant? No futures identified for Janet, Sayid, and the new woman other than attending the cookout?

They were not even tertiary characters and they never had their own storylines or were a signficiant part of the show in any way. They were just there to deliver a funny one-liner from time to time. Why would anyone even expect their futures to be explored in a finale that has a limited amount of time? 🤔

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I didn’t get the only 5 people either.  So they would hire outsiders to fulfill the other positions when there are perfectly good insiders needing job.

Since they were closing most of the Cloud 9 stores, they may be giving X number of employees from their other stores a chance to continue employment at the Fulfillment Center.

• Useful 7
  • Love 9

I thought it was a wonderful finale. Every story was pitch perfect. They even managed to get me to root for Amy and Jonah again which I thought was impossible after the way they broke them up. But it turns out Ben and America just have that chemistry. Plus, I loved that Jonah's ending wasn't just getting the girl. He has a goal that makes sense for him in running for city council and even if he doesn't win, Jonah getting involved in local politics feels like the right sort of fulfilling path for him.

Sandra circling the names, Dina and Garrett, Glenn, Mateo and Cheyenne all work for me. Who knows if Glenn will have success with his business. But it's something he's passionate about, Jerusha was on-board (and I loved that he thought to check with her) and it will give Mateo security hopefully until his status is resolved. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Who knows if Glenn will have success with his business. But it's something he's passionate about, Jerusha was on-board (and I loved that he thought to check with her) and it will give Mateo security hopefully until his status is resolved. 

I think Mateo's status is, or soon will be, at least somewhat more secure.  In the picnic scene Amy's brother (still don't know his name, sorry) was showing off a ring on his left ring finger.  Could have been a wedding ring, but I'm guessing engagement just from the scene.  While marriage isn't 100% security against deportation, it certainly helps. 

I loved that Glenn did the "I have to check with Jerusha" thing over the store mic, and then she shouted back from the aisle!  One thing I've always liked about the way they wrote Glenn is that while he's at the "drinking the koolaid" end of the religious spectrum, they left out the misogyny that usually accompanies that.  He treats Jerusha as an equal partner, if not more than equal. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Amy quit her Zephra job, so there was no reason she had to stay in California. It wasn't shown for which city council Jonah was running, so it could have been anywhere.

His election signs have the gateway arch on them, so they must be in St. Louis. 

I enjoyed it. I’m usually disappointed in series finales, but I thought they nailed it. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Harvey said:

They were not even tertiary characters and they never had their own storylines or were a signficiant part of the show in any way. They were just there to deliver a funny one-liner from time to time. Why would anyone even expect their futures to be explored in a finale that has a limited amount of time? 🤔

Umm, this nobody thought they might’ve had endings as in even a sentence about how they had other jobs. They were important enough to bring back to the BBQ. And they were significant parts of the show in several ways. 🤔

• Love 6

Wow, definitely agree that that was one of the best finales I've ever seen.  Everything made sense to me in terms of where people ended up.  I LOVED Elias with the foot.  And I cried through the ending.  Especially when they showed the stars.  It took me a minute to remember but when I did, I loved that small touch.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

There are still the big chain hardware stores like Home Depot and Ace, with huge selection and low prices. The only way a small store like Sturgis & Sons can stick around is if it builds a reputation for knowledgeable salespeople, and neither Glenn, Mateo, or Cheyenne seem to be home improvement experts. I don't mean to be a downer since of course I want all the characters to have a happy ending, it just seems unrealistic in this case.

I think it could compete in the Ace Hardware sphere.  Lowe's and Home Depot tend to be huge stores but my neighborhood Ace (with a family name--I think they own quite a few in the area) isn't all that big. 

I missed something, why are people talking about Jonah and Amy naming their kid Carter?  Did they have a kid?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think it could compete in the Ace Hardware sphere.  Lowe's and Home Depot tend to be huge stores but my neighborhood Ace (with a family name--I think they own quite a few in the area) isn't all that big. 

I missed something, why are people talking about Jonah and Amy naming their kid Carter?  Did they have a kid?

They showed Amy and Jonah closing the door of a bedroom after goodnights, and the names “Parker” and “Carter” were on the wall.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4