Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Irene's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Don't leave! We love you!  She'll lose another 5 pounds, you'll see!!!

Yes...IN A DECADE.

2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OK ... I am REALLLLLLY hoping the "once-in-a-lifetime turn of events" AS PROMISED by TLC in the episode description actually comes to pass because it's 9:10 p.m. and I'm not sensing that any such event is going to occur at this point.

There's going to be a "once-in-a-lifetime turn of events"?  Are you sure it's not another Discovery + ad?

• Love 1

Now she's promising Dr. Now that she will definitely, for real, no shit, this time I really mean it, lose weight. What the hell is she waiting for? And once more, she acts like she's doing it for HIM. He doesn't care! She needs to do it for HERSELF. Oy. These people. I need to lie down. Maybe forever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OK ... I am REALLLLLLY hoping the "once-in-a-lifetime turn of events" AS PROMISED by TLC in the episode description actually comes to pass because it's 9:10 p.m. and I'm not sensing that any such event is going to occur at this point.

I was hoping that it was that we would finally have someone make it to surgery before the end of the episode, which would be a phenomenon this season.  Have you seen my bar?  Oh, you missed it?  It's on the floor!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Im skipping the show tonight but looks like I am not missing much. After losing my father on the weekend the thought of someone whining and pissing away a second chance at life makes me ragey.

Sincere condolences and big hugs. 

• Love 7

For anyone just tuning in, here's where we've been so far:

Irene's couch

Dr Now's office

Irene's couch

Dr Now's office

Irene's couch 

Dr Now's office

After this round of commercials, we'll be back on Irene's couch.

You are all caught up now.

Im skipping the show tonight but looks like I am not missing much. After losing my father on the weekend the thought of someone whining and pissing away a second chance at life makes me ragey.

I am so sorry for your loss!!!

• Love 2

Glad you stopped in, @sainte-chapelle. Hugs to you, hang in there. Sending love. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Btw, I have lost 50 pounds since October!!!

I needed something good to come out of the crazy time we are in right now.

You are a rock star!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I wonder if she needs a nutritionist to do a home visit. Sometimes these people are truly surprised when they learn the truth about what they're eating. 

I think almost all of them need a nutritionist as much as the shrink.  And repeated visits and lessons.  I have yet to be impressed by most of the nutritionist visits we have seen on this show over the year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have water with a bit of juice. Cherry, not grape or anything bad. Tart cherry juice supposedly helps you sleep...though the way things are going here I might not need it.

Unless the once in a lifetime turn of events is very exciting.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My condolences.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh, no 😞 Gentle hugs and my condolences. Take care of yourself. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

For anyone just tuning in, here's where we've been so far:

Irene's couch

Dr Now's office

Irene's couch

Dr Now's office

Irene's couch 

Dr Now's office

After this round of commercials, we'll be back on Irene's couch.

You are all caught up now.

We might get a park walk if we're lucky. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

I wonder if she needs a nutritionist to do a home visit. Sometimes these people are truly surprised when they learn the truth about what they're eating. 

Cameo has a good idea of what she should be eating.

Irene and the cast of 1000's who are feeding Irene seem to be the ones who need help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

She puts so much care into her appearance - hair, make-up, clothes, manicure - why hasn't she put any effort into getting her body to look good?  It doesn't add up for me...

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I bought heavy whipping cream with a vague plan to do something with it, then didn't do it, so before it expired I used it to make hot cocoa (with homemade chocolate syrup). Half cup cream + a cup of milk. Yum. Made two of them (it was only a half-pint carton.)

Then yesterday I stopped at the grocery store for some things and bought more heavy cream.

Did I hear 598? Five pounds? And she thinks Dr. Now will believe she's trying based on that?

No way I would trust myself with heavy cream, you like living dangerously!!! 

• Love 1