Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh SHUT UP, TWATTY!!

She can just miss me with how she hates the White Men Sausagfest of late night shows and how she “misses seeing” him. Twat was a toddler, chronologically when Arsenio had his show!

I forgot exactly what Meghan said, but is it possible she could have been referring to the brief reboot several years ago?

It is also possible she legit dug his show as a little girl. Meghan was born end of 84, and the OG Arsenio show was on from 89 to 94.

I'm a little younger than Meghan, and according to my mom, when I was tiny I'd exclaim "Arsenio! Arsenio!" anytime I saw him because I was such a fan even as a toddler. Apparently I liked him better than any cartoon or kid show. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I forgot exactly what Meghan said, but is it possible she could have been referring to the brief reboot several years ago?

It is also possible she legit dug his sh

She said she loved his show and missed seeing him on television. She prefaced it with her usual disingenuous blather about racism, blah, blah, as if she isn’t part of the problem.

Basically sucking up to him.

And no, I don’t believe her.

Sunny may suck up to celebrities, but Whoopi NEVER does. It’s the opposite-EVERYONE kisses Whoopi’s ass. 

But I will admit Whoopi was relaxed and enjoying herself during the Arsenio interview.

• Love 13
(edited)

Another day talking about the interview. Ugh.

Meg is waving the liberty flag. Because she’s a red blooded American she dismisses the British monarchy. Guess she was proud enough of her tweet to repeat it on the show. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Another day talking about the interview. Ugh. 

Well it's about the fallout of it, which is really another day of Piers Morgan getting butt hurt that he had ONE "date" with Meghan Markle and she passed.  

McCain is right about one thing: I know people in the UK that loathe Meghan for some reason and/or refuse to watch the interview as they feel it was in her words on my Facebook page "a sad day for the Queen as head of the Royal Family to witness such problems."  I had to resist saying "and Prince Andrew is a straight up guy?" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Did I call it or did I call it? Meghan doesn't care about the racism and suffering that Meghan Markle went through, this is just another way for her to stick it to the Brits and tell the world that Americans are better.

That is only Meghan McCain's opinion.  Pretty sure lots of people would disagree with her.

• Love 10

I may have had a stroke.  Meghan never makes a lot of sense to me but today I really don’t know what the hell she’s talking about.  Maybe I’m having a “left wing fever dream.”  Or, maybe I’m just over her today.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Finally somebody called out  Piers Morgan over his obsession with Megan Markle. He is despicable and the fact that it was a man who did that made it even better.  

What the hell is wrong with Megan? that rant about Mount Vernon and George Washington was weird even for her..  Whoopie's expression had me rolling with laughter.. 

If you thought that call out is good, I recommend checking out what happened yesterday when Trish and Dr. Shola both went in on him as well. Chaka Khan's facial expressions when he spoke was hilarious too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Why are they talking about Dr Seuss again?  Between this and the Meghan Markle talk I feel like it’s Groundhog Day. 

Honestly, it's been a nice reprieve from COVID / MASKS/ VACCINATIONS / DR FAUCI / ETC. which we've been listening to for the past year.

• Love 4

😄😄😄😄 "I love George Washington" 

"I'm over it today" 🤣

She's so freaking weird,  who yells I love GW in the middle of an argument. Joy waving her hand as in sort of, when Meghan was yelling "Republicans don't hate poor people !" Omg Joy is hilarious 😄.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why are they talking about Dr Seuss again?  Between this and the Meghan Markle talk I feel like it’s Groundhog Day. 

Whoopi was just reiterating that it was the Seuss family that removed the book.  I'm glad she did.  In my local conservative newspaper there have been editorials and letters to the editor blaming Democrats for it.  Seriously.  People on Nextdoor are also blaming "the left" and President Biden and talking about how this is only the beginning.  Note to them: President Biden has far more important things to do than banning Dr. Seuss books.

• Love 21

This thread is for posts about what was discussed on The View this week only. A number of posts have been removed for going off-topic. If you wish to discuss more about the Oprah interview than was talked about on The View, the Oprah interview thread is here. If you want to talk about paternity or just the Royals in general, their thread is here.

Further off-topic posts may come with violations or other mod actions.

7 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Whoopi was just reiterating that it was the Seuss family that removed the book.  I'm glad she did.  In my local conservative newspaper there have been editorials and letters to the editor blaming Democrats for it.  Seriously.  People on Nextdoor are also blaming "the left" and President Biden and talking about how this is only the beginning.  Note to them: President Biden has far more important things to do than banning Dr. Seuss books.

I guess nuance is her word of the day...she used it several times. She went on to say it shouldn’t be political but then uses the cancel culture thing, which has political overtones, for mr potato head  and dr Seuss and Pepe le pew? Not sure what meghans talking about with the covid bill. From my reading, it’s pretty much all going to pandemic related relief.  Perhaps she thinks only the direct stimulus payments to people are covid relief?  Otherwise, it’s for extended unemployment assistance for small businesses, assistance to cities and states (due to their financial stresses due to the pandemic), assistance to Native American communities, assistance for distributing the vaccine, extension of the child tax credit, etc. all of these are related to the pandemic.  She was wrong in what she said (note how she gave no details either to support her claim) and then her rant on “I’m over it” over and over again should have been enough to get her fired...the statements as well as the rudeness and talking over everyone.  Really Meghan?  Isn’t it your job to talk about this every day?  That’s what you’re being paid for isn’t it?  If you’re so over it, then quit already and make all of us happy!  I’m tired of yelling at the tv.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Are we supposed to believe that Meghan, who allegedly lives in New York, is taking her newborn to Virginia to visit Mount Vernon in the middle of the pandemic?

She has been in DC/Virginia since working remotely.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Not sure what meghans talking about with the covid bill. 

A liberal wish list or dream list or whatever she called it is the phrase her tribe is using to denigrate the bill. It’s the dog whistle language they are all using to justify not voting for it, whether or not it’s accurate. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

WOW!  Whoopi was completely dumbfounded by MeAgain's tirade about Mt. Vernon and tying it to Meghan Markle's interview. So was I !

Honestly, it was hilarious. Whoopi's dumbfounded face was perfect for a gif! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2951B7CF-D23D-400A-BD96-B47228744ED7.jpeg

Personally, I try to avoid anyone who is "extremely" anything. And I don't think anyone is shocked by her patriotism or love of founding fathers. She reminds us enough. Which, I'm sorry, is weird in itself.  Respect, admire, yes, but love the founding fathers?  She has never met them, they are long dead.

She's too high-strung and opinionated for The View. They need to get rid of her. I wonder what kind of mother she is/will be.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Personally, I try to avoid anyone who is "extremely" anything. And I don't think anyone is shocked by her patriotism or love of founding fathers. She reminds us enough. Which, I'm sorry, is weird in itself.  Respect, admire, yes, but love the founding fathers?  She has never met them, they are long dead.

She's too high-strung and opinionated for The View. They need to get rid of her. I wonder what kind of mother she is/will be.

Me too. Extreme anything is usually not good. This is Meghan in a nutshell though. If you have any criticisms of the country or even disagree with a soldier's opinion, you're not patriotic and don't respect the military. If you're not very tribal, even if you're part of her tribe she considers you a rino. She also questions the faith of people who are pro-choice. She's been disrespectful to Ana, Sunny and others because she's so all or nothing about everything and doesn't understand people who aren't. Even though we're all used to her Miss America schtick, she still had us all like 😕today. She never gives it a rest. You know those founding fathers would think "we get it Meghan, you like us!"

Agree. And no it's not because she's an opinionated woman. We all appreciate the passion of the rest of them. It's the fact Meghan gets her knickers in a twist over anything and everything. I'm curious too. A mother is supposed to nurture, and she comes across as the least nurturing woman ever. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2951B7CF-D23D-400A-BD96-B47228744ED7.jpeg

What's weird about this kind of self-defensive tweet is that she doesn't realize that people are actually laughing at her stupidity and in this case also her lack of awareness of history. And so she doubles down, and gets creamed again. Her bizarre patriotic rant in The View today has made her a laughing stock but she thinks she is just misunderstood. In this way she reminds me also of Bitsy with the weird things she said and did in the name of patriotism.

• Love 19

You’d think that someone who expresses so much love of country, its history, and Founding Fathers would want to serve in some way, either military, or politics, or civil service. Not as a talk show host. 

• Love 22

Re-reading her tantrum during Joy's time to speak made me laugh. The stimulus bill is "full of pork"??? She has got to be the stupidest person on TV at this point. She was already the most vile in daytime.

I have no idea why the show doesn't mute McCain's camera when it's someone else's turn to speak last. Anybody can tell what she's going to do--jump in going a mile a minute and scream to make sure nobody can respond or contradict her. She's only done it a thousand times before at this point. Well, don't let her have the chance in the first place. When it's Joy's turn to go last--and she has the right to speak last just like everyone else, not to mention she's earned it more than anyone else having been on this show twenty years--they should mute McCain before Joy even begins. TBH, while I like the rest of the women sans McCain, I could care less to hear anyone else on this show aside from Joy, and yet Joy is the one who gets to be heard the least because McCain constantly interrupts her or jumps in to throw abuse her way. ABC is just as disgusting as McCain is.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Re-reading her tantrum during Joy's time to speak made me laugh. The stimulus bill is "full of pork"??? She has got to be the stupidest person on TV at this point. She was already the most vile in daytime.

If I was producing this show today I would have on someone from Congress or the White House and have them explain the stimulus bill and make Meghan look even more moronic.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

If I was producing this show today I would have on someone from Congress or the White House and have them explain the stimulus bill and make Meghan look even more moronic.

Seriously, where is Jonathan Karl when you need him!  I know there was a shake-up at ABC News, and maybe JK isn't The View's answer guy anymore, but production should ask someone from News (like Rebecca Jarvis) to come over and explain the American Rescue Plan, step by step, and how it affects regular people.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 16