Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

When joy made her little joke to Whoopie (about understanding wanting to wait until more white people got the vaccine) I was watching everyone.  Sunny and Sara both smiled and laughed, MM looked confused, looked around then slightly raised her lips...assume she has no sense of humor and someone told her to smile a little.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, sandymck said:

I think they would have let Whoopie get the vaccine anywhere .... her influence and getting it publicly is valuable to everyone, especially the African American community. 

Now, Meghan will have extra vaccine-envy.  Joy, Whoopi and Sunny (I believe) have all been vaccinated.  

I wonder if they will be coming back to the studio sometime in the summer.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sandymck said:

I think they would have let Whoopie get the vaccine anywhere .... her influence and getting it publicly is valuable to everyone, especially the African American community. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes. Say what you want about Whoopi, but she's an icon and an egot. 

No, that can't be the reason. There would be backlash and accusations of Whoopi, being a celebrity, was able to "cut in line" or use her celebrity to get it from a state she doesn't live in. I hope that's not why she was able to get it in New York, but because she works there, and states have expanded the age of eligibility.

There have been multiple health care workers, politicians, doctors of color, who have been shown on television getting vaccinated to show to convince the community to get vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Now, Meghan will have extra vaccine-envy.  Joy, Whoopi and Sunny (I believe) have all been vaccinated.  

I wonder if they will be coming back to the studio sometime in the summer.  

Unless Sunny has underlying health conditions, then no, she still has to wait. Joy already has been fully vaccinated. She was the first. And now Whoopi

• Love 8

So Joy jokes to Whoopi about "all the White people" testing out a vaccine first this time and everybody laughs.... except MeAgain, who scowls. 

Shocked! (not) 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, that can't be the reason. There would be backlash and accusations of Whoopi, being a celebrity, was able to "cut in line" or use her celebrity to get it from a state she doesn't live in. I hope that's not why she was able to get it in New York, but because she works there, and states have expanded the age of eligibility.

There have been multiple health care workers, politicians, doctors of color, who have been shown on television getting vaccinated to show to convince the community to get vaccinated.

Unless Sunny has underlying health conditions, then no, she still has to wait. Joy already has been fully vaccinated. She was the first. And now Whoopi

Thanks for the clarification - I wasn't sure.  I remember at one point just prior to, or early into, the vaccine roll-out, Sunny saying that she was hesitant about getting the vaccine, and then, she backtracked on that.  I remember her saying that after talking it over with Manny, she decided that she would get it - I just couldn't remember if she had gotten it, or if she is still waiting. 

I hope that when they are all able to be vaccinated, they will return to the studio.  After almost a year of watching them struggle through these remote shows, it is becoming painful.  

Whoopi, I think, was kind of resistant to getting it at first.  She would have qualified a while ago in NJ, given her age and probable underlying health conditions.

ETA:  Sunny spoke about this when she talked about her in-laws both passing away from Covid.  At that time, she said that Manny had gotten his first shot of the vaccine, and that she would get hers when she could.  (I just googled this info.)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I thought Whoopi lived in NJ.  Don't you have to be vaccinated in the state that is your legal residence?

I live in Minnesota and will be getting my first shot tomorrow in South Carolina. I decided to become a snowbird this winter and escaped the snow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Axie said:

I remember when Whoopie was older than she is now.  I think she’s been eligible for the vaccine for a little while now.

Yes, Whoopi turned 65 in November. Due to her age, she qualifies.

I was very touched by how Sara's daughter asked if the nurse at the pediatrician's office if she was one of the people their family had cheered for. Good on Sara and her husband for ingraining love and support for health care workers into their kids.

Meghan's outfit??? Yeccch!!! 😝

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I remember when Whoopie was older than she is now.  I think she’s been eligible for the vaccine for a little while now.

Yes - WHoopi claims to be 65.  But there had been some discrepancy about it - especially around the time the guy she called her "little brother"  died, and was older than she claimed to be.  

So - who knows?  but in most places, 65+ gets you eligible for a vaccine  it was tier 1a for health care workers, 1B is for 65 and older (but in some places, it's 75 and older) and people at risk because of a health condition.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not accusing Whoopi of cutting in line to be clear, just agreeing with the post that she has quite an influence due to who she is. I think many people would feel safer getting vaccinated if the one and only Whoopi Goldberg has been vaccinated. I'm glad that she shared it on The View today. 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes - WHoopi claims to be 65.  But there had been some discrepancy about it - especially around the time the guy she called her "little brother"  died, and was older than she claimed to be.  

So - who knows?  but in most places, 65+ gets you eligible for a vaccine  it was tier 1a for health care workers, 1B is for 65 and older (but in some places, it's 75 and older) and people at risk because of a health condition.  

I think Whoopi just doesn't pay much attention to people's exact ages. I remember she called Meghan the baby of the show when Abby was on. Then again, with all her fussing, Meghan would probably come across as the baby of the show even if we had an actual baby cohost. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Then again, with all her fussing, Meghan would probably come across as the baby of the show even if we had an actual baby cohost. 

I'm sure Baby Liberty is infinitely more mature than her mother.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Meghan looks nice today. And she’s happy because she’ll get her shot soon. Break out the bourbon!

That didn’t last long. She’s off on a rant about kids in cages. She was never concerned with the issue before 1/20/21.

Interesting that admits getting a lot of heat over criticisms of Fauci and mask policy. Maybe that day off last week was a timeout. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan looks nice today. And she’s happy because she’ll get her shot soon. Break out the bourbon!

I was wondering if the producers or someone else may have had a little chat with Meghan about her attention-grabbing hair and makeup.  She seemed much more toned down this week in both those things.  

Maybe she's actually taking the criticism to heart?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Axie said:

remember when Whoopie was older than she is now.  I think she’s been eligible for the vaccine for a little while now.

Whoopie mentioned having and canceling previous appointments to get vaccinated because she was fearful of needles.
Whoopie was 65 last November.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I did not expect Ana to geek out over Punky Brewster that much but that made me smile. 

I need to find who has the streaming rights to Kid 90 in Canada because this documentary is meant for me. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was wondering if the producers or someone else may have had a little chat with Meghan about her attention-grabbing hair and makeup.  She seemed much more toned down this week in both those things.  

Maybe she's actually taking the criticism to heart?  

Nah, that would require a heart.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Axie said:

Whoopie has always been a couple of years younger than I am, I’m 67.  I saw her on Broadway in the mid 80’s.  I think the issue has been that Whoopie has described herself as that “elder,mature know it all” and age peer to Joy who is 13 years older.  
BTW, Arsenio Hall is 65!

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hate that they tolerate her constant interruptions of others while they're speaking.  Joy was right to say "cut her mic", but they won't because it "makes sparks".  Everything she says is wrong & twisted to make the current administration look bad.  She has no sense of fair play!!!

yeah, she is making the show unwatchable. Not only is it rude, but we can't hear what any of them are saying when they all talk at once.  CUT HER MIC please!

• Love 18

I wonder if, when Meghan was in pre-school/kindergarten/elementary school, she received an "Unsatisfactory" on her report card under the topics of "Plays Well with Others" and "Cooperates with class members"???   

She certainly doesn't seem to have learned those life skills.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

First, Meghan complains that Biden broke his promise of not deporting anyone and then she complains about putting kids in cages.  Make up your mind, Meghan.  You can't have it both ways!  Biden is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, according to her.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, HerkyJerky said:

First, Meghan complains that Biden broke his promise of not deporting anyone and then she complains about putting kids in cages.  Make up your mind, Meghan.  You can't have it both ways!  Biden is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, according to her.

Herky Jerky, her comments are, well, herky jerky!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Megan is just vile and it is disgusting that she cares about the children at the border now that there is a different administration. She needs to fck off. It bothers me that the ladies let her get away with her BS and her constant interruptions are disrespectful af.. Joy did not reel her in enough for my taste and needed to stop her stupid jokes.  She needed to drop the hammer and told her to stop doing that because she was deliberately trying to stifle the ladies by controlling the narrative with her falsehoods..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 19

MeAgain said twice that Sara was stating factual inaccuracies, and accused Sara of blaming the border problems on Republicans. She did not state what Sara said that was inaccurate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-clashes-with-the-view-co-hosts-on-biden-border-policy-im-glad-youre-ok-with-kids-in-jail-like-facilities/ar-BB1ewHgA?ocid=BingNewsSearch

MeAgain applauded AOC for "holding her feet to the fire". Say what? She needs to stay away from idioms because she always gets them wrong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-clashes-with-the-view-co-hosts-on-biden-border-policy-im-glad-youre-ok-with-kids-in-jail-like-facilities/ar-BB1ewHgA?ocid=BingNewsSearch

https://decider.com/2021/03/12/meghan-mccain-aoc-biden-immigration/

She shrieked that Lindsey Graham, the man that Joy "hates more than anyone" has been for immigration reform for years. So she twisted what Joy and Sara said, because their point was that Repubs didn't care about kids in cages until Jan. 21. I cannot figure out if MeAgain is just plain stupid, or just plain partisan.

Behar then echoed the point that Republicans did not take issue with Donald Trump’s handling of migrant children, and have only become vocal now that Biden is in office.

“That’s ridiculous! I’m sorry, Lindsey Graham, who [sic] you hate more than anyone, is one of the biggest proponents of comprehensive immigration reform and has been championing that for decades. It wasn’t all Trumpism,” McCain shot back before slamming Barack Obama as “the Deporter in Chief.”

My favourite part of her rant today (no hyper-bowl here!):

“I, too, am for comprehensive immigration reform … but I’m also not for a floodgate of open borders where we are housing children in these facilities — quote, ‘jail-like facilities’ — in the absolute most inhumane, godless experience that all of humanity has to offer,” she concluded. “This isn’t evaporating. It’s not going away. There was maybe an idea that with a new administration this border crisis would somehow turn into something different, and it’s really just more of the same from the Trump administration.”

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

She shrieked that Lindsey Graham, the man that Joy "hates more than anyone" has been for immigration reform for years. So she twisted what Joy and Sara said, because their point was that Repubs didn't care about kids in cages until Jan. 21. I cannot figure out if MeAgain is just plain stupid, or just plain partisan.

Meghan is BOTH.  She's "a floor wax AND a dessert topping" tm Saturday Night Live circa 1977.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm old enough to remember that!

Me too!!  

As well as the other quote that I mutter at my TV almost daily "Meghan [Jane], you ignorant slut."  Now, I'm not saying that Meghan is a slut, but rather, quoting Dan Akroyd from SNL whenever Jane Curtin said something that annoyed the hell out of him.  But, I will say that there are many times that Meghan is, in fact, ignorant - as evidenced today with her comments on the border crises.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bannana said:

“I, too, am for comprehensive immigration reform … but I’m also not for a floodgate of open borders where we are housing children in these facilities — quote, ‘jail-like facilities’ — in the absolute most inhumane, godless experience that all of humanity has to offer,” she concluded. “This isn’t evaporating. It’s not going away. There was maybe an idea that with a new administration this border crisis would somehow turn into something different, and it’s really just more of the same from the Trump administration.”

She can just stop with her faux outrage about this. She did not care one iota until Biden took office.  She really is just a truly awful person.  She only cares about something when she thinks it makes the opposing team look bad. She was mostly silent when it was her team doing this.

One can be for immigration reform and still be a shitty person.

• Love 20

Meanwhile, in other MeAgain idiocy today, she cited a poll that shows that 41% of Repubs say they would not get vaccinated. She then said she blames the CDC and Fauci for their gloom and doom messaging, that if you get a vaccine nothing changes, you still have to wear a mask forever, lockdowns are forever.  She said she knows her people! She noted that she took a  lot of heat for her criticism and I guess she is using this stat to prove that she was right. Joy wondered whether that was just Trump's base since it was a similar number. MeAgain became flustered and replied that she didn't think the data went that deep and said she didn't know. However, in these articles they draw the same conclusion, that willingness to get the vaccine is breaking down on party lines.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-joe-biden-touts-vaccines-republicans-remain-unconvinced/ar-BB1evYoi?ocid=BingNewsSearch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/psaki-asked-about-vaccine-hesitancy-among-republicans-we-may-not-be-the-most-effective-messenger-for-hardcore-trump-supporters/ar-BB1ewAFK?ocid=BingNewsSearch

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Does she think viewers have forgotten her being so dismissive of the children in cages when the previous president was in office?  Just recently Joy was talking about it and we could hear Meghan say OMG like she was so over it.

Yeah, Meghan can take her “not intellectually honest” bullshit and f@-@@$;! 🤬

Suddenly her side is concerned about babies in cages.  Some of us actually have brains capable of memory, Princess. 

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder if, when Meghan was in pre-school/kindergarten/elementary school, she received an "Unsatisfactory" on her report card under the topics of "Plays Well with Others" and "Cooperates with class members"???   

She certainly doesn't seem to have learned those life skills.

I can’t figure out if she’s been so lavishly indulged, or simply starved of attention. Or both. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Joy wondered whether that was just Trump's base since it was a similar number. MeAgain became flustered and replied that she didn't think the data went that deep and said she didn't know.

This is par for the course with Meghan. If you confront her or question whatever she is spouting off about she gets upset.  Too bad she couldn't use her favorite "I don't know I wasn't born yet" defense.

• Love 11

I am so glad this week is over. I couldn't take any more of Sara,  Sunny and Whoopi's guffawing and cackling at everything Arsenio, Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes said. Not to mention their faux praise of their disaster of a movie 'Coming 2 America'. The way they praised this film this week has me wondering if they saw the same movie I - and the rest of the world - did. From all the reviews I've read from critics and viewers alike, no one esle has shared their enthusiasm for this movie.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Megan and her bullshit about "Biden putting kids in cages" is outrageous.  What Trump's policy did was to physically rip migrant children out of the arms of their parents, separate them, and place them in cages.  That administration did not provide clean, safe facilities for the children.  These minor children were not afforded proper legal representation.  There were videos of court hearings with toddlers and other non English speaking minors, who did not understand the legal proceeding, being railroaded through their hearings.  Many of these children were put on buses and planes to different parts of America without any way of keeping track of where sent and they were lost and could not be reunited with their parents.

What the Biden Administration is doing is placing unaccompanied migrant child in PROTECTIVE CUSTODY so they can be properly cared for while social service and immigration officials can place these children. Biden is seeing to it that these facilities are human and that these unaccompanied minor are given proper healthcare, social and educational services and LEGAL REPRESENTATION.  It is not an ideal situation by any means but it is the best that we can do in the short term.   

When Meghan start up this false equivalency again I want one of the panelist to ask her, "These children arrived her on their own, what should we do with them.  Should we leave them alone on the street to fend for themselves?  What would Jesus do, Meghan?"  This should not be a political issue, it is a humanitarian crisis.  

Why, WHY? Is this woman never made to retract, acknowledge, and apologize for her lies?  It drives me to rage strokes. Who is still protecting this snowflake?  My guess is she simply refuses, and takes the slap on the hand time out of a day or two. 

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meanwhile, in other MeAgain idiocy today, she cited a poll that shows that 41% of Repubs say they would not get vaccinated. She then said she blames the CDC and Fauci for their gloom and doom messaging, that if you get a vaccine nothing changes, you still have to wear a mask forever, lockdowns are forever.  She said she knows her people! She noted that she took a  lot of heat for her criticism and I guess she is using this stat to prove that she was right. Joy wondered whether that was just Trump's base since it was a similar number. MeAgain became flustered and replied that she didn't think the data went that deep and said she didn't know. However, in these articles they draw the same conclusion, that willingness to get the vaccine is breaking down on party lines.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-joe-biden-touts-vaccines-republicans-remain-unconvinced/ar-BB1evYoi?ocid=BingNewsSearch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/psaki-asked-about-vaccine-hesitancy-among-republicans-we-may-not-be-the-most-effective-messenger-for-hardcore-trump-supporters/ar-BB1ewAFK?ocid=BingNewsSearch

This is so stupid.  You’d think the reason to be vaccinated is so you don’t get sick and die.  And eventually return to some normalcy, which is what the CDC and Fauci are saying.  What more hand holding do her people need? I can’t quite figure out what she thinks they need to say to get Rs vaccinated...get vaccinated and you can go and do anything you want without a mask?  She’s such an idiot...because she can’t say the real reason is because trump tainted the whole process and made it so political that now Rs don’t even want the vaccine.  I’m also thinking that a good percentage of anti vax era could be Rs as well...and you’ll never convince them.

why doesn’t anyone correct her on the kids in cages  thing?  I thought this show was also about dialogue and discussion but so much of the time it’s ‘everyone give their opinion and move on’. The only one who seems to try to disagree is MM and then she’s generally wrong and rude.  Why not everyone else?  Otherwise viewers walk away with lies.  (Ok I spoke too soon as Sunny and Ana did try to explain the differences...not that M was willing to listen). 

I love how every chance she gets, Sunny  lists out the horrors of trump and the Republican Party before she says her opinion. Keep it up sunny!  

I get that some in power like the crap MM pulls, but it’s not the MM show and allowing her to continuously talk, talk over people, not let anyone else step in, etc., while spewing lies and distortions, is untenable now.  I really hope fox wants to give her her own show where she can run off at the mouth for an entire show because that’s what she thinks she has here.  It’s gone beyond annoying and now is basically changing the shows premise of different views into a single view show.  If they can’t get rid of her they need to shut down her mic.  Today was ridiculous.  I don’t even k on how she’s can talk that fast without a break.  And, like today with the immigration issue, she doesn’t have anything positive to say about her people, so let’s deflect and talk about whataboutism.  And that she can’t admit that what trump did and what is being done now is totally different (as Sunny and Ana pointed out), is horrible.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

why doesn’t anyone correct her on the kids in cages  thing?

Sunny did point out the difference but Meghan ignored her.

35 minutes ago, bannana said:

Joy wondered whether that was just Trump's base since it was a similar number.

The only people I know who are refusing the vaccine are diehard Trumpers. Meg’s blaming Fauci and the CDC is misplaced. The anti vaxx messaging is from one source and one source alone. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The only people I know who are refusing the vaccine are diehard Trumpers. Meg’s blaming Fauci and the CDC is misplaced. The anti vaxx messaging is from one source and one source alone. 

Here we don't have a polarizing figure anti-vaxxers are identifying with (as far as I know) but the ones doing the most shouting about "my freedom" (which means no masking, no lockdowns and no vaccine) are pretty hard right.

• Love 11

She started her argument saying Black people have been hesitant to get the vaccine for good historical reasons.   Cool.  But then she tried to equate that to republicans, who have no historical or political reason to be hesitant.  They've received the EXACT same doom and gloom CDC messaging as they rest of the country.     It's not a messaging issue, and it's an issue with her people.   

• Love 10
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Meanwhile, in other MeAgain idiocy today, she cited a poll that shows that 41% of Repubs say they would not get vaccinated.

Considering Republicans only make up 25% of the American voters, this 41% she's quoting only makes up 10.25% of American voters. Why even bring this up ?  10.25% is a rather insignificant number when you look at the whole.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Considering Republicans only make up 25% of the American voters, this 41% she's quoting only makes up 10.25% of American voters. Why even bring this up ?  10.25% is a rather insignificant number when you look at the whole.

Because she knows her people!

i must go my people need me GIF

• LOL 14
On 3/11/2021 at 4:18 PM, Axie said:

In the 1970s when I read about her or saw her on talk shows, she was slightly older than me, but I'm 66 now and she claims to be 65.  It is possible that she added a couple of years and got a fake ID when she was young and is actually 65 now; but if she is really 67, she cheated herself out of 2 years of Medicare!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

In the 1970s when I read about her or saw her on talk shows, she was slightly older than me, but I'm 66 now and she claims to be 65.  It is possible that she added a couple of years and got a fake ID when she was young and is actually 65 now; but if she is really 67, she cheated herself out of 2 years of Medicare!

Yes,  I remember when she was older than me and now she’s younger.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

What needs to happen -  When Meghan disparages Biden's immigration policies, ranting about kids at the border, she needs to be asked "what solution do you propose?"   I am certain her response would be "I'm not an elected official, it's not my job,"  but the rest of the hosts need to insist that she has some idea of what a good solution would entail.  

When Meghan blames Dr. Fauci for people not getting vaccinated, she needs to dispell the idea that you get vaccinated in order to stop wearing a mask, and say, loudly, that you get vaccinated in order to STAY ALIVE.  SHe talks about wanting to go to bars, to drink with friends -  her goal should be, to get vaccinated and wear a mask so that she is less likely to bring home the virus to HER CHILD.  She needs to be held responsible for disparaging Dr. Fauci, who is telling people what medical science says, not just telling them what they want to hear.  

Thirdly - Meghan needs to realize that she is a talk show host - not a political expert, or political commentator, or whatever she thinks she is.  When Senator Schumer was on, she spoke to him as if they were equals. "I  know you don't agree with ME..."   NO, Meghan, someone who has a career as a senator that spans 2 decades is not on the same level as someone whose job is it to talk on tv. Have some respect. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny did point out the difference but Meghan ignored her.

Yeah - and the head/leader of that source received the vaccine secretively and without the usual "me, me, me" fanfare, while still residing in the White House, and flat out forbade ANY photos or reporting of the fact that he and his family received it.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8