Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Am I remembering this right? Didnt  MeAgain used this argument just the other day that Megan and Harry shouldn’t have done this interview while Prince Phillip is so sick?  Is that why Joy asked her about “virtue signaling”?  Also, I feel a bit sorry for MeMe because she doesn’t seem to understand that two things can happen at the same time.  Oprah can interview Harry and Megan , and an investigation into Prince Andrew can be done simultaneously.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Seriously, Joy? Questioning Harry's paternity as "the answer" to how badly Meghan Markle was treated? My theory is now that every day there's a Designated Idiot at The View who has the responsibility to make the public cringe at least once per episode. It's "the answer" to Meghan McCain's bitterness; she usually the one who gets picked to be the D.I.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Is that why Joy asked her about “virtue signaling”?  Also, I feel a bit sorry for MeMe because she doesn’t seem to understand that two things can happen at the same time.  Oprah can interview Harry and Megan , and an investigation into Prince Andrew can be done simultaneously.

HAH! And just last week she said that she could "chew gum and walk at the same time" meaning the same thing--two things can happen at the same time. And now she's saying they can't? I'm asking because I haven't watched today's show yet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Seriously, Joy? Questioning Harry's paternity as "the answer" to how badly Meghan Markle was treated? My theory is now that every day there's a Designated Idiot at The View who has the responsibility to make the public cringe at least once per episode. It's "the answer" to Meghan McCain's bitterness; she usually the one who gets picked to be the D.I.

I'm sure the Firm had a paternity test done on Harry as soon as the rumors started way back in the 80s. And I'm disappointed in Joy for even bringing it up.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I'm sure the Firm had a paternity test done on Harry as soon as the rumors started way back in the 80s. And I'm disappointed in Joy for even bringing it up.  

Perhaps, but it doesn't mean they were made public - I'm glad Joy brought this up.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

If I was producing this show today I would have on someone from Congress or the White House and have them explain the stimulus bill and make Meghan look even more moronic.

There you go, someone heard you. Chuck Shumer tomorrow. Meg is sharpening her filleting knife. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
On 3/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, Angeleyes said:

It seems like anyone who marries into that family is held to impossible standards and that was doubly so for Meghan because of her entire background as a woman of mixed race, an American, and an actress to boot. I’m sure the mere idea of her has been an affront to them from the beginning. It’s sad that they can’t just let everything

And DIVORCED! And a sketchy family life. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

And DIVORCED! And a sketchy family life. 

Can you imagine how worst  Megan's life would have been if her Black family were the dysfunctional one instead of her White one..

• Love 10

Keep the Duke/Duchess of Sussex talk to what was discussed on THIS show.  There are other topics on this site for speculation and general discussion about them, the interview and the BRF.

• Love 1

What Whoopie said about the vaccine is true but too bad she couldn’t have said it a little more coherently.  I’m getting my first shot tomorrow and I’m oddly excited about it.

• Love 15

Whoopi just got her vaxx yesterday?  Is NY that far behind?  (Edited to correct.  Thanks njbch.)

Do you mind me asking where you are, Axie?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi just got her vaxx yesterday?  Is NJ that far behind?

It looks like Whoopi got her vaccine at the Javits Center in NY, and not in NJ.  I know that NJ is doing a "celebrity PSA" thing to encourage residents to get the vaccine.  Queen Latifah just got hers, as well.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I appreciate Meghan wearing the Team Beans hat in support of a good cause, but it looks odd with her ugly poufy-sleeve dress...

Yeah. I'm at the doctor's and I caught a glimpse of Meghan and rushed here for an explanation.  Also to prove to myself I didn't hallucinate her Minnie-Mouse-gone-bad outfit.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

It looks like Whoopi got her vaccine at the Javits Center in NY, and not in NJ. 

I thought Whoopi lived in NJ.  Don't you have to be vaccinated in the state that is your legal residence?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi just got her vaxx yesterday?  Is NY that far behind?  (Edited to correct.  Thanks njbch.)

A few miles from the DC line in Maryland.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I thought Whoopi lived in NJ.  Don't you have to be vaccinated in the state that is your legal residence?

That's what I thought, too, but there may be an exception if you work in NY.  Not 100% sure on that, though.

4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

New York may be one of the states that allows bordering states' citizens to get vaccinated if they work there. Granted, they're all working remotely, except for Twatty and Sara, but that could be why.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Axie said:

What Whoopie said about the vaccine is true but too bad she couldn’t have said it a little more coherently.  I’m getting my first shot tomorrow and I’m oddly excited about it.

I just had my first shot Sat.  I was excited about it too.  There's no pain, very small needle.  She had it in and out of my arm, done before they were finished getting registered.  Yes it had a very long line.  That's the bad news.  Good news is it moved very quickly.  You spend 2 minutes getting it, wait 15 mins for observation and youre outta there.   After leaving, in my car, i just sat for a few moments and let out a low deep breath.  Its underway.  phew.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

No one has mentioned the Schumer interview thus far.  Was it enlightening?  

Not really.  Schumer answered and dodged the questions posed like the professional he is.   He did the obligatory "loved your father" towards Meghan and for whatever reason, she really wasn't in a filet-ing type of mood.   She asked her kids in cages question and didn't even push back after his answer.  

And I agree the Wesley Snipes interview was the good kind of weird.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I’m tired of hearing about this movie.  Although today’s interview is more strange than anything else.

Does anyone else find it odd that ABC is choosing to promote Coming 2 America (which is an Amazon movie) for an entire week instead of Raya and the Last Dragon, which premiered on Disney+ on the same day?  Usually they go all out on the Disney properties, so I find it to be an odd choice.  Also, while I haven't personally watched Raya, it at least has good reviews unlike Coming 2 America (which I did watch, unfortunately) which has been universally panned.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

New York may be one of the states that allows bordering states' citizens to get vaccinated if they work there. Granted, they're all working remotely, except for Twatty and Sara, but that could be why.

I think they would have let Whoopie get the vaccine anywhere .... her influence and getting it publicly is valuable to everyone, especially the African American community. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Not really.  Schumer answered and dodged the questions posed like the professional he is.  

Thanks, I figured as much, that's why I was hoping someone from the News Dept, other than the panelists and Greta that is, could come on and break it down.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Does anyone else find it odd that ABC is choosing to promote Coming 2 America (which is an Amazon movie) for an entire week instead of Raya and the Last Dragon, which premiered on Disney+ on the same day?  Usually they go all out on the Disney properties, so I find it to be an odd choice.  Also, while I haven't personally watched Raya, it at least has good reviews unlike Coming 2 America (which I did watch, unfortunately) which has been universally panned.  

Not really. Coming to America is apparently the movie Eddie Murphy constantly gets asked about the most and it’s one of those movies where random scenes and gags just stick out (I admit to geeking out when I saw Randy Watson and I yelled out “SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!”) It was one of the few movies I really want to see in theatres. 

Did Whoopi mention which vaccine she received? She said she got it “last night” but the Javits is giving out the Johnson and Johnson one outside of the “9-5” hours. I believe the pfizer and moderna is only during the day. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Axie said:

A few miles from the DC line in Maryland.

hmmm....thinking....thinking....got it!  You and youknowwho can travel together, be commuting buddies.  Just think that alone will help both your carbon footprints.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Where I live, Whoopi’s age group doesn’t qualify until 3/15. As my mom’s caretaker, I qualify and will be setting up an appointment. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Not really. Coming to America is apparently the movie Eddie Murphy constantly gets asked about the most and it’s one of those movies where random scenes and gags just stick out (I admit to geeking out when I saw Randy Watson and I yelled out “SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!”) It was one of the few movies I really want to see in theatres. 

It's a memorable movie, I agree, but I'm doubting "what Eddie Murphy is most asked about" is part of the multi-billion dollar company's decision-making. They don't own a piece of the movie, so I'll agree that it's interesting it got such a push over an actual Disney movie. 

• Love 1
Just now, AryasMum said:

Where I live, Whoopi’s age group doesn’t qualify until 3/15. As my mom’s caretaker, I qualify and will be setting up an appointment. 

You know now that  you bring it up I wonder if that is one reason why Meghan is "in the beltway". She thinks she can get a vaccine quicker there.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

hmmm....thinking....thinking....got it!  You and youknowwho can travel together, be commuting buddies.  Just think that alone will help both your carbon footprints.

As much as I love that idea, Megs lives under or in the beltway and I live outside the beltway. Bummer. 

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, sandymck said:

I think they would have let Whoopie get the vaccine anywhere .... her influence and getting it publicly is valuable to everyone, especially the African American community. 

Yes. Say what you want about Whoopi, but she's an icon and an egot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy just preempted Meg’s filleting question by asking Shumer how to reply to the right. 🤣

This was hilarious. Just days ago MeAgain ranted about the Dem's fever dream and that the bill was filled with pork and only 9% will help the American people. Today Joy raves about the bill and what it will do and asks Shumer  to respond to the "pork" accusations. When they get to MeAgain's question, she openly fawns all over him saying that she has known him forever, and it is weird to interview  him, giving him the chance to praise "my father" and deftly undermine her ability to attempt fileting him! She had two softball questions for him: one re kids at the border, and one re Cuomo. And Shumer managed to close on his first answer implying that "my father" would have been supportive of Biden. Article below provides the transcript and a nice snarky take on it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chuck-schumer-schools-meghan-mccain-172804648.html

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy just preempted Meg’s filleting question by asking Shumer how to reply to the right. 🤣

Oh, come on, Meg, there is a difference between housing children who arrive at the border alone (while waiting for fostering) and tearing kids away from their parents. One is compassionate and the other is terribly cruel. 

My recording cut off, but I agree. I wish Meghan would at least spare us pretending to not be tribal and to care so much for kids. 

Does anyone remember the exact exchange regarding this topic?

• Love 1
On 3/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, debbie311 said:

Whoopi was just reiterating that it was the Seuss family that removed the book.  I'm glad she did.  In my local conservative newspaper there have been editorials and letters to the editor blaming Democrats for it.  Seriously.  People on Nextdoor are also blaming "the left" and President Biden and talking about how this is only the beginning.  Note to them: President Biden has far more important things to do than banning Dr. Seuss books.

I guess nuance is her word of the day...she used it several times. She went on to say it shouldn’t be political but then uses the cancel culture thing, which has political overtones, for mr potato head  

Edited by Rainyhawk
This wasn’t posted, then whole was posted. This was unfinished original but can’t delete it.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1