Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Michael's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

I really have nothing against LARPing. I’m just hating this couple tonight.

Which character? I’d name a kid after Tara or Willow, if I were to have kids, which I never would have.

He's a boy, and he's named Riley after Riley Finn.  I tried to get the kids to name our cats Buffy and Willow, but they chose Sunny and Cher instead.  The cats are 15 years old and I'm still bitter. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I don’t understand when people say that they “hate people” but they chose to marry and reproduce. You supposedly “hate people” but you willingly let another one live in your house and then you chose to make MORE people, again that will live in your house......makes not a lick of sense. Obviously you don’t hate people. If you hate something you don’t surround yourself with it!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

My daughter is named after a character on Moonlighting. Now nobody knows what that show is but I used to love it.

I remember that show. My late husband loved Bruce Willis' stupid jokes. He also thought I looked like Miss Depesto. I never thought so, but I think it was the whole demeanor, the hair, etc., not just the face. Personally, Bruce Willis drove me so nuts, I couldnt' get behind the show.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I'm wondering about the puzzle motif on the band of his hat. That's sometimes a sign for autism awareness.

I wonder if that's why the sons have a babysitter?    

I'm wondering if Michael will turn out to be the patient who can't have surgery, from the scar tissue and adhesions.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I'm wondering about the puzzle motif on the band of his hat. That's sometimes a sign for autism awareness.

Yes. When they said the kids had a babysitter I wondered if the older son wasn’t cognitively typical- and leaving him would be too much responsibility on the younger son. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Disclaimer: I have become so accustomed to them not making it to Dr Now's before I have to drop off for a work call, I may have missed a weight guess.  

Tonight's winner is @Arynm with a prescient guess of 638 pounds.  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won:

• Five loaves of garlic bread (a.k.a. a snack)
  • A vat of scar salve 
  • A PS5 controller (sorry, we cannot offer the full system)
  • A spray bottle for personal cleansing
  • A handy shaving machete 
  • And, as always, the respect and awe of your fellow pounders! 

Yay! My first win! I would like to offer to share my machete, as I know many of you probably are not shaving your bellies like you should be doing.

I will try very hard to not let this win go to my head, but I am a glowing star and now everyone knows it.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

It amazes me that these people who are (to be honest) so unattractive plus have a sucky personality end up with a nice mate/

She probably has her own skeletons in the closet!  Maybe we will even see some before the show is over.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I hate society is not a great mantra for raising children

I admit I hate school functions although I suck it up and do them for my child. A lot of the parents remind me of the "Mean Girls" from junior high/high school so I tend not to socialize with them. I would never want to go back to high school like some people, college was the best.

• Love 4

Dr. Now just had to school her:

Ish...you have been in control of his eating all this time with your 15yo surgery and have changed nothing.  So go kick rocks with your shit.  And don't try to give an Oscar winning performance for the camera.

Fin.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Honest to god, his wife could pass as normal in all respects.  She seems nice.  

She does seem nice. He was probably nice when they got together but the depression and the isolation has altered his personality. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I wondered about that also. Is his hat his beacon to let people know that he's on the spectrum? He certainly has the social skills and difficulty regulating emotion of many autistic people/people with autism (which way is correct changes with every FB post about it). 

His social skills remind me of the late Sean with the disturbing Munchausen by Proxy mother. 

• Love 4

I am late to the party. I made cardamom cake today.

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1 1/2 cup cake flour

1/2 cup yellow corn flour

3/4 cup condensed milk

1/2 cup pumpkin puree

2 1/2 tablespoons cardamom

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup floured golden raisins