Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Michael's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

A lifetime of abuse and ridicule has left Michael anxious and afraid to leave the house. Now with the help of his devoted wife he must follow Dr. Now's program to keep from eating himself to death.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the initial US showing.

Original air date 2021.02.24

Yo, my people. My eating habit is 2 beef patties and a small thing of quac. I had a vegan brownie and individual quiche pie, w/the crust, for a late lunch. I don't deserve to eat again in this decade, so I'm keeping it spartan. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Things that will happen tonight:

* lots of sitting and staring into space in cramped, hoarder-like living room
* eating a gigantic meal with sad family member or friend
* Pounders staring at their clock screaming, "Oh my god, it's not even 9:00! Get on with it!"
* many references to a "journey" without any actual "journeying" happening
* no surgery
* saunter in park, sad music playing, more muttering about "journeys" and "being scared"

Just a hunch.

giphy.gif

It's Wednesday again already?

Tonight's eating habit: Kashi blueberry waffles (which my stomach did not entirely agree with for some reason) and grapefruit (not oranges, so it's okay, right?) Now I have ice cream.

Confession: I did buy three big navel oranges the other day. 

I'm hoping for success. The episode description makes me feel bad for anticipating snark.

• Love 5

Howdy pounders.   Just scarfed down asparagus and leftover roast beef with mashed potatoes with lots of butter and whole milk.

For dessert, two--yes, two---TASTYKAKES.  the chocolate swirly cupkakes.  

I am so embarrassed.  Dr Now would cry.   I am also so stuffed.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Things that will happen tonight:

* lots of sitting and staring into space in cramped, hoarder-like living room
* eating a gigantic meal with sad family member or friend
* Pounders staring at their clock screaming, "Oh my god, it's not even 9:00! Get on with it!"
* many references to a "journey" without any actual "journeying" happening
* no surgery
* saunter in park, sad music playing, more muttering about "journeys" and "being scared"

Just a hunch.

The journey is real. Don't stop believin'.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Hi All! 

Eating habit today is a ham steak and a salad with some elephant ears for dessert. 

I wonder if all the poundticipants will be from Texas this season because of coronavirus limiting interstate travel...

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Eating habit: I ordered a damned pizza after (2 years of low carb) because I accepted a job!!

This week, I got offers for not one but THREE jobs for which I am not fully qualified, but I applied anyway. THREE offers! I even had the nerve to make the first two wait because I really wanted the third one. Start date: March 8. I'm almost employed!!

Congratulations!!! Well done! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Hey pounders - my snark is limited in that our internet is down and I have to stream over cellular

I read that as "I have to stream over cellulite".

I bought two boxes of Samoas from two cute little girls in front of the grocery store on the way home.  I resisted all temptations in the actual store other than those demon strawberries and bananas (but I passed by the grapes!).  Then I remembered that it was Pounder Night and put them in the pantry, unopened.

Is this the first poundticipant whose "freshening up" routine involves a spray bottle and a cleaver?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Eating habit: I ordered a damned pizza after (2 years of low carb) because I accepted a job!!

This week, I got offers for not one but THREE jobs for which I am not fully qualified, but I applied anyway. THREE offers! I even had the nerve to make the first two wait because I really wanted the third one. Start date: March 8. I'm almost employed!!

Huzzah! 

Is he using window cleaner to wash up or what?  This is a nice bathroom, though... 

Wife has purple hair, but I have to wonder if piss-poor color job is due to coronavirus or if she is always like that.  I have purple hair too, but mine looks very different.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1