Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Michael's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

Oh dear...They're LARPers

I know I'm gonna sound like a Boomer here, but damn. When do these people grow up? I can't imagine living my life as an eternal child.

Also, my nephew (the ripped weight-lifting nephew), did mixed martial arts competitions until an injury. He was never over weight. He has a masters in exercise science and does competitions, trains folks at the gym, etc. I see what he eats because he does food prep videos. How in the name of all that's holy did this guy do martial arts and no one told him, "Dude, let me help you with your diet so that you can be even better at this." Little sympathy.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sile said:

I thought it was to scrape off the crud, but others interpreted it as shaving.

Why do they always have an office chair with arms in the kitchen?  If they have to sit down, why not a stool?

I’m 1/4 the size of these people and most stools are too small for my ass/hips to be remotely comfortable. I hate stools for sitting for long periods. Id rather just stand. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Eating habit: I ordered a damned pizza after (2 years of low carb) because I accepted a job!!

This week, I got offers for not one but THREE jobs for which I am not fully qualified, but I applied anyway. THREE offers! I even had the nerve to make the first two wait because I really wanted the third one. Start date: March 8. I'm almost employed!!

Yaay!!!!!

muppets kermit GIF

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Why is there a rave light show machine on all the time behind his chair? Is he going to get up and dance to some LCD Soundsystem at some point?

At least that would be good exercise.    I really hope Michael is a success story.     I hope his abuser is burning in hell.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

This week, I got offers for not one but THREE jobs for which I am not fully qualified, but I applied anyway. THREE offers! I even had the nerve to make the first two wait because I really wanted the third one. Start date: March 8. I'm almost employed!!

Congratulations!  I hope you enjoy the job and do great there!

• Love 3

Interesting that the wife must have done OK after her bypass, she looks like she is no more overweight than an average American, while he went up to a total blob...  I guess her effort did not rub off on him.  His self-pity will probably defeat Dr. Now's program too.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Interesting that the wife must have done OK after her bypass, she looks like she is no more overweight than an average American, while he went up to a total blob...  I guess her effort did not rub off on him.  His self-pity will probably defeat Dr. Now's program too.

Wonder if it’s a trend that one person loses weight and the other finds it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I want a success story, but I have mixed feelings about this guy.   He doesn't have agoraphobia,  he just doesn't want to go out.  And I get it to a certain extent, as I don't like to go out when I feel overweight, but I do it.  It also serves as a brake on my eating when my clothes get too tight.

Too bad he couldn't stick with the martial arts.  At least the child we saw isn't overweight.  I am surprised the wife hasn't regained her weight being around his as that happened to someone I knew who had WLs. 

Haven't we had another couple like this,  Wife had had the surgery first--I think maybe they lived in OK.

I am guessing 702. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m 1/4 the size of these people and most stools are too small for my ass/hips to be remotely comfortable. I hate stools for sitting for long periods. Id rather just stand. 

It seems the arms of the chair would be more uncomfortable.  Perhaps a sturdily built end table would be the ticket?

• Love 2

Just now, Twopper said:

Too bad he couldn't stick with the martial arts. 

I've a feeling we'll be seeing him attempt this again at some point in the show.