Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Three's A Party

renatae
  • Start Topic

Brandon is such a child. I think he probably got Julia pregnant on purpose so she wouldn’t leave his irresponsible ass.

As for Jovi and Yara -  I would feel so uncomfortable and overwhelmed if my fiance's family "surprised" me with a group of 60 people when I was only expecting a small amount. Especially since she is pregnant and stressed/tired! 

Another thing I disliked about this whole situation was how his parents were almost gleeful during their talking head about deceiving Yara with the party. That didn’t sit right with me.

• Love 11

TV GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think one of my favorite ever scenes is the dance scene with Jovi/Yara cussing at each other while they dance and mom and dad Jovi talking about things being better.

And as far as the party:

1.  Yes, I agree with the poster above that ma and pa Jovi snickering about pulling one over on her is classless and just a horrible way to treat a foreigner.

2.  Why was everyone else in "go to Walmart" clothes and Yara and Jovi decked to the nines?

3.  I've never been to an engagement party where the couple did a dance alone like the first dance at a wedding.  That was odd.

4.  That mother!!!!!!!  OMG what is with ma Jovi and Betty?  If you leave I won't see my grandchilren!!  Waaaaaaa!  Umh, hello there Ms. Unrealistic, when your douchey sons hooked up with a foreign girl, well, do the math.  One of the grandmothers isn't going to get to spend much time with the grandchild.  

5.  And speaking of Ma Jovi and Betty, I am no shrink, but, when your douchey son literally goes around the world to find someone as different from you as possible., well darlings, you may want to think about that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Why was everyone else in "go to Walmart" clothes and Yara and Jovi decked to the nines?

3.  I've never been to an engagement party where the couple did a dance alone like the first dance at a wedding.  That was odd.

I wondered about the dress code, too. It reminded me of those TLC gypsy wedding shows where only the bride gets dressed up. Gwen was pretty decked out, too. I’m thinking the party was Gwen’s way of having a wedding reception against Yara’s wishes including speeches and toasts, first dance, buffet and wedding cake. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, renatae said:

Speaking of being jejune, along comes Stephanie, consulting her psychic about whether she should check in with Harris because she "needs a good friend." Right, Steph, head for another roll in the sack. Just keep it all in the family. 🙄

is Harris married?  sounds like he might be a better match.

10 hours ago, renatae said:

Brandon is such a child. His first reaction to Julia's sickness is "run tell Mom?" He thinks that's going to stop his mom from quizzing her about her illness? Right. She'll just start on in before they even know if she's pregnant or not. Then we learn that despite all the condoms he doesn't bother with them and now he thinks he's something special if she got pregnant while using the withdrawal method. I can't believe Julia is supposed to be happier now that they are in the same room. She's still slopping pigs, I'll bet.

He is a moron.   Tell his momma that  Julia is preggers without finding out for sure first?!?  This will just allow his mom and dad to go all ballistic on them.  and for what?  for nothing, if she isn't.  Just unnecessary drama.  I am beginning to think he enjoys seeing his mom over-react.  

Stupid, stupid, stupid Brandon.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Brandon.

1 hour ago, Opine said:

1.  Yes, I agree with the poster above that ma and pa Jovi snickering about pulling one over on her is classless and just a horrible way to treat a foreigner.

2.  Why was everyone else in "go to Walmart" clothes and Yara and Jovi decked to the nines?

When these people do the talking heads and q and a with the production staff, do they not realize that there comments will probably make it to the actual show---especially the more controversial comments.   (Thanks to Natalie, that is my word for the week_

3.  This whole engagement party is set up like a wedding reception with a cake and first dance.  Well, except for having people in their regular clothing.  I wonder if they did toasts.  I laughed so hard at the mom talking about how in love they are, while they were hissing angry words at each other.   This is a mini-version of the reception Ma Jovi wanted to have after the big wedding that Yara doesn't want.

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I can't even believe I tried to do the math on that.

I didn't even try.  thanks!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I wondered about the dress code, too. It reminded me of those TLC gypsy wedding shows where only the bride gets dressed up. Gwen was pretty decked out, too. I’m thinking the party was Gwen’s way of having a wedding reception against Yara’s wishes including speeches and toasts, first dance, buffet and wedding cake. 

My guess is that the party was as phony as the weddings on the TLC gypsy wedding show.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I only saw the 22 minute first look.

Brandon is an idiot. Julia, too. Sorry, bud, 2 minutes of not feeling it or whatever is not the same as having to raise and pay for a child for the next 18 years. A modern woman like Julia should always protect herself as you can’t count on the dude. Surely she can find some birth control method that works for her. It is now 50-50.

Was Natalie talking to a psychic or some online counselor?

Noticed Jovi already was on his first beer when they walked up to the private party room. Yara was way overdressed. How nice to surprise you future daughter in law with a large party that she didn’t want. She was probably expecting no more than 10 guests. And no, Jovi, telling your folks about the baby is a little soon.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

I didn't even try.  thanks!

I know right, what is wrong w/me? 🙂 

If you really want to make this be a season to remember what if Julia AND Yara arrived to the US pregnant already. 🙆‍♀️

As far as the big Yara Jovi party, Jovi says they are Cajun and there is a whole Cajun way and it's family and parties and getting together and living the song Louisiana Saturday Night by Mel McDaniel. Stereotyping much? Yes. But I am working Jovi's cues that they are cajun ppl and that is a lifestyle of soul and getting by together. The flooding, nutria and hurricanes alone. 

See: this guy, this is such a good documentary 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, magemaud said:

Why does Yara always wear a jacket over her shoulders like she has some kind of aversion to sleeves? 

Just came to post that same thing. lol She knows you can put your arms in them, right? 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Brandon said she has been here a couple of weeks.

The chyron says 65 days to wed". 90 days minus 65 is 25 days. Which is just over 3 weeks here. 

Can you miss a period (yes, but barely) and have morning sickness (prob not) in either of those time frames? Where my OB ppl at? If she got preggers on Day 1 she would be 25 days pregnant, just missed a p,  and probably not having morning sickness. She is not PG. 

I can't even believe I tried to do the math on that. OMG these people haha. 

This made me laugh out loud that you would do this, I would too.  And why?  Why do we care?  It is like a Golden Girls thread where people will try to figure out a thought process of a fictional character of a show that went off the air in 1992.

At least fools are real people in real time.  I do not think Julia is pregnant either.  I never had morning sickness but if I was slopping pigs and cleaning fecal matter at 6 am I would be barfing too.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, magemaud said:

Why does Yara always wear a jacket over her shoulders like she has some kind of aversion to sleeves? 

She has been chatting with Tiffany and the cold shoulder look.  Did you all know that Ronald had a gambling problem?

On 2/20/2021 at 11:53 AM, Opine said:

And speaking of Ma Jovi and Betty, I am no shrink, but, when your douchey son literally goes around the world to find someone as different from you as possible., well darlings, you may want to think about that.

No kidding!!  Very very true!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 12:53 PM, Opine said:

TV GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think one of my favorite ever scenes is the dance scene with Jovi/Yara cussing at each other while they dance and mom and dad Jovi talking about things being better.

That scene actually made me laugh! Jovi’s mom was talking about how she thought Jovi and Yara actually are in love with each other, and it cuts to Yara telling Jovi “I hate you”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, suzywallis said:

OK, where are you guys seeing the preview?  I kept looking on TLC's app, and on Discovery Plus, but I couldn't find it.

The actual show is on now.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, magemaud said:

Just now, Silver Bells said:
On 2/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, magemaud said:

I think they are all sets.  No?

I am glad that Stephanie can count on Harris to be a "solid friend" who is always there for her.  Must be nice.

Any doubt I had about Brandon and Julia's drama being "manufactured" completely disappeared, when he insisted on telling his parents she might be pregnant.  Now that they are allowed to share a bedroom, they had to come up with a new storyline.  

Natalie and Yara should just go back to the Ukraine.  They obviously hate their "low class" American fiances and could probably do better at home.   

• Love 16
2 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Yes, I have it on.  I kept looking for the 30 minute preview all week, but  I never found it.

TLC airs it on Friday nights after the "More to Love" version of the week's episode.  They like to tack on a sneak peek of one of their Discovery+ exclusive shitshows and if you're not careful, you'll end up seeing feet or boils.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Put Natalie on the plane back to Russia.  She’s a pain and always will be.  I don’t even know what she’s talking about anymore.  They are dragging this out too much.

I think he is horrible, but I do agree she should go back to Russia.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Brandon infuriated me. Not only does he continue to act like a fuck face, throwing Julia under the bus whenever possible, but to blame HER for possibly getting pregnant? Look, dude, there are 500 types of birth control out there. Pick one. 

Also, what kind of fuckery was it to tell his parents BEFORE finding out for sure? I was staying with my in-laws and husband when I got pregnant with our first son. We went to the doctor and got it confirmed before we sat down with them and told them. Why cause drama before it's necessary? 

NonJovi doesn't deserve Yara. She tickles the shit out of me. So does Julia. They should hook up. I'd watch that. Throw Anfisa into the mix and that would be reality gold. 

Even Brandons father couldn’t believe they were telling them about possibly being pg prior to doing a test.  Brandon has thrown Julia under the bus a few times now, they will never work out if he can’t put her first over his parents.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Brandon infuriated me. Not only does he continue to act like a fuck face, throwing Julia under the bus whenever possible, but to blame HER for possibly getting pregnant? Look, dude, there are 500 types of birth control out there. Pick one. 

Also, what kind of fuckery was it to tell his parents BEFORE finding out for sure? I was staying with my in-laws and husband when I got pregnant with our first son. We went to the doctor and got it confirmed before we sat down with them and told them. Why cause drama before it's necessary? 

NonJovi doesn't deserve Yara. She tickles the shit out of me. So does Julia. They should hook up. I'd watch that. Throw Anfisa into the mix and that would be reality gold. 

I wanted to punch his smug face when he talked about his birth control method. He is 27 and not some idiot teenager. It doesn’t matter if he and Julia don’t like birth control. There are options. Doubt he would like to pay for a kid for many years when the kid was a preventable oopsie. Part of being an adult is to be responsible. He can’t afford his own place, he can’t afford a wife, he can’t afford a wedding, and can’t afford offspring. He can afford to go to his doctor or a sexual health clinic with Julia to look in to finding a birth control method. Otherwise, send Julia back to Russia and don’t get involved with any other girls for a while.

• Love 18

I'm suspicious of why Yara insists they don't go to the doctor until three months into the pregnancy. Is that an Eastern European thing? Still makes me wonder if this is real...?

Also, doubtful that Brandon and Julia learned anything from the supposed pregnancy scare. They are still going to be stupid and choose not to use birth control. I feel so sorry for any future baby they may have.

• Love 5

Natalie is STILL hung up on Mike crashing at his lady friend's place a year ago or whatever? Assuming there were no cameras at this friend's place to prove or disprove Mike's version of events, Natalie has two options:

1. Believe Mike when he says nothing happened and move on, or 
  2. Believe Mike is lying and either forgive or dump him.

What she cannot do is bring it up again and again, each time with a viewpoint of "I KNOW you slept with her, so why are you lying to me?". All she's doing is pissing him off. Mike's passive-aggressiveness towards her is ridiculous, but his attitude on this subject (i.e. "Nothing happened. Either believe me or go fuck yourself.") is the correct one.

How much does Stephanie pay this psychic to be on call for her 24/7? And why would she have to tell this psychic what happened? Wouldn't a psychic already know? Finally, Stephanie and the psychic acting as though astrological signs are real, i.e. "You're a Pisces, so blah blah blah" just reinforces my low opinion of them. Once again: THE ZODIAC DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST. IT'S MADE-UP BULLSHIT THAT DOESN'T WORK AND COULD NEVER WORK. STOP PRETENDING IT'S REAL. THANK YOU. (Sorry for the rant, but I used to work in Technical Support and would hear otherwise intelligent people say crap like "I'm a Gemini and my husband's a Capricorn, so we're always having such-and-such issues," and would then have to stop myself from banging my head against the wall until I lost consciousness.)

Brandon's parents were their usual classless selves, and he outdid them by blaming Julia for the lack of birth control. I'm pretty sure you were there at the time, Brandon. If she doesn't want to use the pill or Depo (which is 100% her call), then you either put a condom on or understand that you're risking a pregnancy. Yes, it's that simple.

Rebecca's DiL was a total bitch to Zied. Yes, he's fully aware that his 49-year-old fiancee would probably not want to have another child even if she were still physically able. Rubbing it in with "You understand you're never having kids with Rebecca, right? RIGHT? You get this, RIGHT? You mean you're really OK with this???" accomplishes nothing but show what an unpleasant person she is.

Considering Yara was thrown into a big engagement party full of strangers, she handled it pretty well. Jovi the Drunk was an ass as usual. Even his friends were taking her side.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

About the timing of pregnancy above... that’s incorrect. Pregnancy is timed from the day of the last period. For the sake of simplicity let’s assume that is 14 days before conception. So if they had sex and conceived the day she arrived, she would miss her period on day 14 after arrival and already be 28 days pregnant. So actually in order for her to be pregnant and know it now, she had 11 days approx to conceive. 

5 hours ago, christmaslights said:

at least we don't need to worry about stephanie getting pregnant, condom or not.

that lady is a wackdoodle.

Think about it, she had hooked up with Harris then slept with Ryan, no condom...did she use a condom with Harris? Probably not.

She tells Ryan she could get another one like that (snapping fingers) because she has lots of watches, trinkets, etc...did she eve realize how sex touristy she sounded? Then she calls Ryan to thank him for not stealing the ring, really Steph? That is how you talk to him, did you really need to make that call or word it like that?  Stephanie has to realize she is coming off as the asshole in this scenario, right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Rebecca says she is still pissed at Zied because some girl flirted with him? Zied did not flirt back, she is an asshole.  In the same breath as Rebecca berates him for the flirting done to him she says that she hopes her son sees how amazing Zied is...how amazing is Zied if Rebecca is constantly complaining about him?

Rebecca's feelings about being older than everyone will never go away as long as her fiance is decades younger than her, nothing makes you look older than a man that is too young for you.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Stephanie has to realize she is coming off as the asshole in this scenario, right?

Yah, no. I don't think she has much self awareness whatsoever . The description of lube, the hysterical moaning, bragging about her money..... There hasn't been a breakdown ( breakthrough?) moment like this since RHONY Kelly Bensimon on Scary Island. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 2/20/2021 at 2:33 PM, magemaud said:

From an ad I saw yesterday, I think Brandon looks a lot like Steve Irvin’s son, Robert 

He looks just like Betty. That would turn me off totally if I were Julia.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that the party was as phony as the weddings on the TLC gypsy wedding show.   

The "party guests" were probably people they rounded up at the local mall. "Want to be on TV? Sign here!"

8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I love Julia and I love Yara. Maybe Yara's critical but dammit I don't blame her, Jovi is a Dick Extraordinaire.

Why oh why has no one heard of an IUD? A depo shot? Even the humble diaphragm? We were a hell of a lot more sophisticated about birth control in the 70's, when I first went on the pill. Sheesh. 

• Love 18

After shoveling a ton of snow.. Here are my thoughts.

Yara and Jovi.  I wonder if the party was TLC driven.  Jovi again is off his rocker drunk and grabbing her ass during the dancing.  He's sooo freaking happy he landed a gal like Yara.  Yara on the other hand is voicing all our thoughts about Jovi.  'Son of a bitch' and 'I hate you' is about right. Notice in the talking heads he was wearing a wedding ring?

Rebecca and Zied. Girl you have been married like what? 10 times? So Zied cannot change his mind like 4 or 10 years in the marriage (I give it 3 years and a day) that he wants kids and divorce you.  Some dude in his 20s doesn't think the same about kids as someone in their 30's. Someone above asked how Zied can drive in the States.  All you need is an international driver's license.  Rebecca can lend him her car and if he gets in an accident it's dinged against Rebecca. 

Brandon and Julia. What a man child. Telling his parents before they even take a test and then the fakeout.  Don't blame Brandon folks. Blame Betty and Ron. They made that spawn the way he is. Julia needs to run for the hills.

Mike and Natalie. The gas lighting that Mike has done on Natalie is lower than low.  He disgusts me. I know Natalie is nuts but come on. No one deserves that level of carrot dangling.

Stephanie and whomever. So TLC faked out the fight at the beginning by trying to make us believe it's about the psychic's predictions when it was really about Ryan faking about using a condom. First, Stephanie is high or drunk all the time.  Second, instead of leaving or just enjoying a vacation alone, she turns to Harris (the cousin).  If she wasn't crazy for coco puffs she could have someone in the States around her age.  The problem is that she likes the idea of having financial control over a man.  How did Stephanie make it this far with 2 businesses? 

• Love 12

This fucking show.

THere's zero chance any single part of the Brandon and JUlia stuff was even remotely real. Even his dumbass parents were in on it. Talk about a completely unnatrual parental interaction, when they go sit on the porch to basically reveal Julia's so disgusted with her decisions she's just barfing all over the place. Who the fuck ever got that much joy out of a game of Jenga while sober? His mom's hair reminds me of Richard Simmons. The bottom line is there isn't a strata of idiocy that would lead one to decide "I"m going to tell my parents my girlfriend MIGHT be pregnant, just in case." Stupid ass.

Zied is going to have a LOT of heavy lifting to do with Rebecca's extreme mental baggage. It's never going to end.

But the star of this week is that kook was Stephanie. SHe said, TO HER PSYCHIC, in and EMERGENCY CALL to same, "as you know, we had sex without condoms in the past," WHY WOULD A PSYCHIC WANT TO KNOW THAT? I tried imagining the production person sitting in that room in silent terror as she started to ugly cry on the couch...that lady is off the deep end. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Stephanie says she needs a good friend, she calls Harris?  

I will still stick by that Stephanie slept with Harris sans condom then slept with Ryan sans condom so why is she all over Ryan and his possible raw dogging every woman on the island?  So hypocritical.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was just thinking about how Yara reminds me of a calmer less abusive Anfisa. Jorge was a real piece of shit, him and his family blamed Anfisa for everything. I see the same thing happening with Julia and Yara.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3

Last night I had a nervous know in my stomach due to work stress and I swear these fools made it worse.  

Nothing much to add except Stephani - if he did not wear a condom and gave you an STD that would prove he was unfaithful, right?  I can't take her and her "Well who is gonna pay for cab fare, huh?" and "Thank you for not stealing my mother's ring."  It was always a hallmark of a relationship when I called a boyfriend and thanked him for not stealing.

9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I agree!!  Just pick one and be done.  Take that relief feeling you are having and go invest it in birth control.  You don't have to travel far - didn't mom and dad buy a bowlful?

Mike/Natalie - omg/wtf:  get over it Natalie.  If I were the woman in that friendship I would be pissed that Natalie is telling people Mike woke up on my couch naked and stoned and pushed the theory that we HAD to have sex because.......well I think so!  I agree meeting with a therapist alone if the other won't go, but....TELL THE TRUTH!  Tell both sides, not just yours.  Tell the therapist you want him to not drink, not eat meat, believe in God and change everything else about him.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nothing much to add except Stephani - if he did not wear a condom and gave you an STD that would prove he was unfaithful, right?  I can't take her and her "Well who is gonna pay for cab fare, huh?" and "Thank you for not stealing my mother's ring."  It was always a hallmark of a relationship when I called a boyfriend and thanked him for not stealing.

Soooooo romantic, right? Honestly, if that's the sort of thing you find yourself saying to someone you're about to marry, supposedly, maybe not a great idea. It seems right up there with the odds of coming back from your prospective partner saying "I don't love you." How does anyone come back from that?

• Love 3