Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Possibly a byproduct of having been thrust into that role at the age of 10..

A mile? My school district didn't provide a bus if you lived that close, unless you were in kindergarden. (Except my high school; we only lived less than half a mile away but the school is in the boro and we were in the township (two streets past the border line). The rule for my high school was two miles or if you lived outside the boro...the boro is 1.9 square miles...you do the math. But I didn't take the bus. My parents left at the same time we did in the morning so they just dropped us off, and I walked home.)

Yeah, he had to be around also after school in case his nieces needed a Subway sandwich because they didn't like was was in the refrigerator. He acted like they would starve to death if they had to eat a bowl of cereal (because that was what was in the house) instead of having a SUBWAY.  He also had to be available in case his father had a medical emergency...his 76 year old father traveled back and forth to Canada to see his girlfriend for a month at a time. It was ridiculous. I finally told him that nobody needed him, and he was a bloody mooch and a baby.

He stopped talking to me.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That's my response when people act shocked that I don't like something. "More for you!"

He gave you an extra month...an extra 20 pounds isn't that much for that time frame.

Isaac is already setting himself up for failure. Plus he doesn't seem to understand the whole "you have to lose weight on your own" concept. If you need an extra three months before you make it to an appointment, you need to KEEP losing weight!

1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

The lack of problem-solving skills is frustrating.  Why pay almost $700, each way, for a taxi ride when you could just rent a car to drive to Houston and back?

Maybe no one has a credit card. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Damn, surely he could take a bus to Houston and then a cab to the doc.

I know the bus would be uncomfortable, but dang. 

I don't think so. How would he get down the aisle? Those seats are awfully close; he'd just be jammed in. I'm not sure he could even get up the steps to the seating area.

That's the kind of stuff that always makes me wonder about these people letting themselves get so huge. You can't do anything that normal or even heavy people do. Everything requires mental effort to determine if you will fit, can you walk, will you break the chair, etc. on top of any physical effort needed. You'd think that would be enough to put down the bag of Milanos. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Isaac. I have news for you. Your mother is never going to let you go. Everyone in your family is accustomed to you bearing the burden, and have no intention of bearing some of the load. 

OK, guys. Any guesses as to whether or not Isaac's managed to lose any weight? 

He does not look like he's lost 120 pounds. 

Yea I didn’t appreciate the salty and ungrateful tone of the fully functioning siblings when he made a nice dinner.I would have flipped the table and told them to make their own damn food.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

The lack of problem-solving skills is frustrating.  Why pay almost $700, each way, for a taxi ride when you could just rent a car to drive to Houston and back?

Right, and if TLC isn't going to pay the fare, couldn't at least one of the camera operators/crew members have leaned over and said, "hey, so I've got an idea...there are these things called rental cars..." I know that reality TV producers have a "no-interference" policy, but come ON--be human. (also, I don't really know if that's a policy; my information comes straight from that episode of The Office when Brian the camera operator got fired for helping Pam! 😂).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I haven't had a haircut in a year. I am serious about sheltering in place. So I've avoided COVID but I look like Sasquatch. 

I normally get my hair cut 3-4 times a year. Sometimes 2. I went in November 2019 and then in September, I think, when things had settled a bit and felt safe enough. There is a reason I've always worn it long and it's just because I hate getting it cut. I don't quite have enough gray that I've been forced to decide if I should color it or just let it go.

I really want mom to get on the scale just for curiosity's sake. Wonder if Dr. Now will say anything.

40 pounds...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

I miss the depressed nurse.

She was there earlier -- casting her special brand of magic. 

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I normally get my hair cut 3-4 times a year. Sometimes 2. I went in November 2019 and then in September, I think, when things had settled a bit and felt safe enough. There is a reason I've always worn it long and it's just because I hate getting it cut. I don't quite have enough gray that I've been forced to decide if I should color it or just let it go.

I really want mom to get on the scale just for curiosity's sake. Wonder if Dr. Now will say anything.

40 pounds...

I do color my own hair. Have for years. 

16 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Why didn't he figure this out before? He probably knew when the the second appointment was supposed to be when he left the first. This last minute "I don't have a ride" is a bad excuse.

At $666 one way, I can see how the ride might be an obstacle. I'm thinking that nobody in the house drives. 

TLC has paid for ambulance rides 20 hours long...that had to be $10,000! They can't get this guy a couple of Greyhound tickets? 

Wait, how did the whole family get there? 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

No credit card, perhaps, for the car rental?

He could take Amtrack for about $160 round trip.  I think you can still pay with cash.  he would still have cabfare to the train stations, but that would still be cheaper than this cab company.   Even if he had to spend the night, it would still be cheaper than $600 each way.  Did he give the cabbie cash or put it on a credit card?  okay, maybe it is mom's card.   He might actually find someone else who could drive him for less than the cab.  like a friend? ask around.  Put some effort into finding a better way.  Sheeesh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

His mother doesn't look so sick at the moment. Now I realize chemo can kick your ass but really. My husband had chemo for colon cancer and went to work every week after his infusion, by himself. She looks too functional to be that sick.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

Shut up about your mom’s cancer. 

His mom's cancer is like the $50,000 Sean put up for Destinee's probation bond on Love After Lockup. 

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Momma's cancer is what he hides behind so he won't have to risk anything. He can stay home, "take care" of everyone, and not have to face the world. 

Or himself.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't think so. How would he get down the aisle? Those seats are awfully close; he'd just be jammed in. I'm not sure he could even get up the steps to the seating area.

obviously, I haven't been on a bus in  eons.  He could fly maybe.  those aisles are narrow, but we have seen some of the poundticipants do it.

Gas for a roundtrip between the two cities would be about $50.  too bad there is no one to drive him for maybe $200 plus gas.  It would still be cheaper. This is driving me up a wall.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Party is over, so now I can concentrate on the job at hand.  Who has a birthday party on a Wednesday at the SAME TIME as M600PL?!?!? SMDH...

Okay...FULL DISCLOSURE:  I faked a near dead laptop (ala...I only have 1% and no charger...Sorry...Happy Birthday.  Love ya!) so I could chat with y'all.

I am going to burn in hell...

• LOL 14
  • Love 10