Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

MeAgain will no doubt refer to RL tomorrow as an “icon.” I don’t know, to me an “icon” is someone who is respected by a wide cross section of people. 

I’ve asked Joy on Twitter to at least bring up how RL would, on his radio show, “celebrate” when gay men were dying from AIDS-related illnesses. In any event it should be interesting.

Meghan likes Tucker Carlson, Dave Portnoy, and all those types of guys. If you're part of her tribe, she totally lets the sexism, racism, xenophobia, and any other bigotry slide, expect fat shaming. (I think that's what turned her off Glenn Beck and Laura Ingraham. IRC they fat shamed her.) I'm sure Rush is another hero of hers. At the top of my head, the only nice person she really likes is Dolly Parton. 

11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

It will be interesting what is said, especially since Joy worked with him very early in her career. 

Yep, he's one of the people Joy has said was friendly but she had a hard time separating the stuff he'd say on his show that offended her and the person who was actually quite nice to her. 

Rush wasn't someone I tuned into because I heard enough that turned me off from him, but my heart goes out to all his loved ones. I feel kind of uncomfortable going into all the things he said that I find offensive, but I'm not going to whitewash him either...

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I suspect Sunny won’t hold back on her opinions about him, at least.

Sunny can be tough, but one of the many things I love about her is she always remains classy. Her brains and class combo is kinda the opposite of Megs’ partisan bs and toddler tantrums. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

She doesn't.  She's been living in Virginia.  Or "inside the beltway."  It's confusing.

Well, yeah, since she was in her third trimester. But pre and early pandemic, when they were still in the studio, she was living there, right? Or was she hauling her ass between where she is now and  New York.

But, touché!

Yeah, she had an apartment in New York. Who knows if she still has it.

Never forget that she lied about her neighborhood looking like a war zone because of BLM protest. Then we learned that she wasn't even staying in the city to begin with, she was in DC/Virginia.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I don't know why they didn't correct him and say "I'm not your sister".  I don't like it when younger guys call me 'bro' and 'dude'. I correct it all the time.

Well, i think that would have been rude to do, so they just accepted it as his way. When they do it to you, you aren't on live tv, so a bit easier to say something.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cinsaysit said:

Well, i think that would have been rude to do, so they just accepted it as his way.

If a republican white male was a guest, and addressed Sunny, Joy and Whoopie as 'honey' do you think they would have been rude and corrected him ? Of course they would. They've been rude to guests many times. They would never, ever accept 'honey' as just 'his way'.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If a republican white male was a guest, and addressed Sunny, Joy and Whoopie as 'honey' do you think they would have been rude and corrected him ? Of course they would. They've been rude to guests many times. They would never, ever accept 'honey' as just 'his way'.

sister and honey are somewhat different, but ok.  

• Love 7

Ten bucks that Meg brats about how “vulgar” the left is for not giving Rush Limbaugh any respect for the dead, completely ignoring the lack of respect he gave to, oh, EVERYONE.

Edit: Well, she did manage to other the other side again by claiming the left is much worse with infotainment than conservatives. And how there are no conservatives in mainstream media JFC

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

3 cheers for Sunny!  Yep, yep, yep!

Missed the beginning - what happened?

6 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well, she did manage to other the other side again by claiming the left is much worse with infotainment than conservatives.

Sigh.  "The left"?  She drives me nuts.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

My issue is that the View is lacking on a progressive left leaning voice more than anything. Why not bring them on instead of another Republican?

Absolutely.  That's why I get so irritated when MM blathers on about "the left" as if anyone who isn't part of her cohort is left.  No, no they're not.  

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Ana is on the show, so there are two Republicans. My issue is that the View is lacking on a progressive left leaning voice more than anything. Why not bring them on instead of another Republican?

Because they’d all be in agreement maybe not all the time, but a lot of the time, especially Joy. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

She BROUGHT IT for the RL discussion.  And in all fairness, so did Sara and Joy.

Can someone summarize what Joy said? I'm assuming she was the first to speak but our local channel spent the first five minutes of the show with a news break regarding the weather. When they finally joined the show in progress, Sunny was speaking. Joy's comments were the ones I was most interested in hearing. I did get to hear her remind everyone about Michael J. Fox.

• Love 2

Sara is making a lot of sense today.  And, Meghan?  Why you make me say the same thing everyday?  STFU.  Although I am extremely surprised she mentioned Ted Cruz going to Mexico.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, TimWil said:

I’ve asked Joy on Twitter to at least bring up how RL would, on his radio show, “celebrate” when gay men were dying from AIDS-related illnesses. In any event it should be interesting.

Sara brought it up. Sunny, Joy, and Sara all had great comments, but Sara's was probably the most powerful today, surprisingly. Meanwhile, from supposed LGBT ally McCain, not a peep on the subject. Just wahwahwah, there's no other conservative here to mourn and defend RL with me wahwah.

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, lurkerbee said:

Can someone summarize what Joy said? I'm assuming she was the first to speak but our local channel spent the first five minutes of the show with a news break regarding the weather. When they finally joined the show in progress, Sunny was speaking. Joy's comments were the ones I was most interested in hearing. I did get to hear her remind everyone about Michael J. Fox.

She mentioned that she knew RL from radio days. Said he and other conservative radio/tv people she’s known (Piro, Coulter) were changed and became more outrageous as they chased the dollar. She said they weren’t real.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She said they weren’t real. 

I read that elsewhere yesterday as well.  That a lot of Limbaugh's rhetoric was to shock that it didn't truly reflect his own beliefs as if that was an excuse.  I'm glad the ladies (well most of them) weren't buying that.  Somehow it's even worse if you're actually saying the things he said and you don't believe it!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Edit: Well, she did manage to other the other side again by claiming the left is much worse with infotainment than conservatives. And how there are no conservatives in mainstream media JFC

Does her job on the View not count?  Ana is routinely on CNN.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That a lot of Limbaugh's rhetoric was to shock that it didn't truly reflect his own beliefs as if that was an excuse. 

IMO that makes it worse.  To be so hateful just to make more money.

21 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just wahwahwah, there's no other conservative here to mourn and defend RL with me wahwah.

Meghan will always defend her tribe even when they are indefensible.  

• Love 17

Sara and Sunny were just amazing today when they spoke about Rush.  I loved Joy connecting Rush and Trump as being prototypes of each other.  I love the way she thinks. As she said on the show, money is a big factor on why Rush and others like him say the outrageous things that they say.

Whoopie bringing up the fairness doctrine was spot on but Nutmeg had to use that opportunity to whine about being the lone conservative on ABC even though that is not correct given that Ana is one as well.  Does Megan even know what the fairness doctrine is?  

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Megun, girl bye. Rush Limbaugh did not create the trend of information-entertainment shows that paved the way for The View.  She also said he was an early proponent of Trump, which also rings false to me. Didn't he dislike Trump and didn't get on board until the end while still saying Trump wasn't a "real Republican."

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

As she said on the show, money is a big factor on why Rush and others like him say the outrageous things that they say.

I've told this story before. Ken Olberman was on Real Time with Bill Maher years ago and they were talking about a very vocal conservative who's conservativism was all for show. Olberman told Maher the guy told him he makes a ton of more money that way.

21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie bringing up the fairness doctrine was spot on but Nutmeg had to use that opportunity to whine about being the lone conservative on ABC even though that is not correct given that Ana is one as well.  Does Megan even know what the fairness doctrine is?  

Whoopi is right. Limbaugh benefitted from the Fairness Doctrine being discontinued.  Up to that point anyone who was on the air talking about one political side needed to let the other side also have time to say what they wanted to say.  It paved the way for Fox News to exist.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sara and Sunny were just amazing today when they spoke about Rush.  I loved Joy connecting Rush and Trump as being prototypes of each other.  I love the way she thinks. As she said on the show, money is a big factor on why Rush and others like him say the outrageous things that they say.

She's so full of it. Every woman on the View represents a different point of view, duh Megun. She may be the only conservative, but all the other women are the only ____ too. It's not Megun/Conservative vs all the women on the panel/Liberals because none of them represent one ideal/nor feel the same way about politics. Sunny, for example, is the only black and Latina with a law background on the panel who is politically left leaning, but personally conservative. None of the other women have that same background. Sara grew up in a conservative family, but considers herself in the middle politically.

I agree that both Sara and Sunny were great when they spoke on Rush Limbaugh. I wish Joy would've went further with what she said. 

• Love 20

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish Whoopi or *somebody* had thought to say--there were two conservatives on this show before you chased the other one (Abby) off. Who's to blame for that?

I think that's kinda what Whoopi was getting at, when she said that this is what the show is NOW.   And went talking about how there's been 2 black woman, 2 conservatives, etc. in the past.   

Sarah was on point with her Rush comments and her comments about TX leadership needing to own the problem instead of politicizing it. 

• Love 18

I'm watching it now. So which is it Meghan? Is the View infotainment as you said or news as you said five minutes later?  And I disagree with  her that Limbaugh was infotainment.  His show was an opinion show. Everything he said was his opinion.  

And yes she is misunderstanding the Fairness Doctrine. It wasn't written as there needed to be an equal number of people to discuss the issues. Only that each side of the issue was discussed.  If Meghan can't hold her own against her fellow co hosts then perhaps she needs to find an easier job.

• Love 24
16 hours ago, TimWil said:

MeAgain will no doubt refer to RL tomorrow as an “icon.” I don’t know, to me an “icon” is someone who is respected by a wide cross section of people. 

And, she did!!!!  I loved Joy during that segment!  

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Don’t worry Meghan, “your side” is more than equally presented, considering your word count surely equals all the other ladies combined.  

Someone dubbed her Megamouth here, and that quickly came to mind today. lol

I'm with Whoopi. I like hearing ALL sides. I just have a harder time finding rightwing media without the kind of rhetoric that Rush was known for. This isn't all the fault of leftwing media either. I was all for Meghan joining the show until I realized what a nasty person she was. I give pretty much anyone in the news a chance. So many of the rightwing sources of news are dismissive of racism and police brutality, talk about immigrants like they're animals, are extremely partisan, and sometimes seem like pure entertainment. Don't Fox, OAN, and Newsmax bear some responsibility? If anyone knows of a good conservative news source, please let me know. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

They look a lot better on the monkey!

Yes..and it looks like she can’t even open her eyes all the way...are they too Jew y?  They look awful...plus that two tone hair thing?  And the sparkly eye shadow...I don’t get that unless you’re 13!

• Love 2

Once again, Moronica McCain opens her mouth! The Fairness Doctrine, as I understand it, is so that both sides have a chance to give their views - to discuss subjects, not - there have to be equal numbers of people on the left and the right. She is so fucking stupid. I am sorry that no-one reminded her that Ana is there as well.  Oy.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I respectfully disagree....I don't want to get banned again, so I won't go into detail but it's a view that isn't on the View. Lol

Meghan kept harping about how the MSM needs more Republican voices, like on the View, ignoring the fact that Abby was there when Meghan was on and that Ana drops by on Fridays.

Meghan keeps talking about how there needs to be more Republicans, but she doesn't feel the same about progressives. Would she fight this hard to have a more left leaning person on the show? I don't think so.

Granted, she feels threatened when there's another Republican voice on so who knows.

While I agree with some of what you said, anything further would be OT so we’ll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. 

• Love 2

And this is the problem with the View.  What was once a show about different women at different stages of their life has now become a show about women and their political views.  I love to talk politics but I like to do it in a respectful way.  With Meghan there I don't think that will be possible.

• Love 23
40 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And this is the problem with the View.  What was once a show about different women at different stages of their life has now become a show about women and their political views.  I love to talk politics but I like to do it in a respectful way.  With Meghan there I don't think that will be possible.

Yes -  the show as originally envisioned was about women from different walks of life -   NOT different political views,  but various ages, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, etc.  talking about issues that impacted or interested women.  they talked about education, parenting, shopping, friendship, marriage, divorce, dating, and anything else that was on their minds.   Of course, they had longer to talk and didn't have to constantly hawk various products.  The original show didn't have me agreeing or disagreeing with one host consistently, it was controversial without, (using one of MM's favorite terms0 TRIBAL.  

• Love 13

Meganutz said 'The View' was 'infotainment'. I guess no one told her they are under the ABC News division, not the ABC Entertainment division.

She also said MSNBC was 'infotainment', when they have a news license not and entertainment license (this came out a few years ago).  Of the big cable 'news' networks (CNN, MSNBC, FOX) only FOX claimed under oath that they had an 'entertainment' license, and they have a right for their hosts to 'embellish the facts' because they host their shows for 'entertainment purposes' only. Why did Meganutz try to drag all the other networks into that - including her own ?

And can someone tell Meganutz that the cosmetic counter in the 'Tween' section of WalMart is not where she should be shopping for eye shadow, hair extensions and false eyelashes ? Same for Sarah. WalMart's 'tween' section is not where she should be shopping for such hideous sweaters. She's 43, not 13.

• Love 9
On 2/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

I've always thought Meghan had balls to talk about abortion the way she does in front of Whoopi. 

I've often wondered if the other ladies have plenty issues with MyFather but keep it respectful and say how wonderful he was all the time because Meghan is sitting right there. Meghan doesn't give that same respect back though. Whoopi has shown tremendous grace with her during these debates on multiple occasions. 

MeAgain has done this several times on the View, talking about abortion as murder and late term abortion as infanticide. And it is personal for Whoopi, which she has made clear many times. It's one topic MeAgain should steer clear of with Whoopi but the other day she brought it up in a completely random way. It was not even a topic!

• Love 10