Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why call them cheaters? They're reading glasses!

Cheaters--just cute slang...a very old, very cute use of the word.

Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get so lit up?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get that size?

Golly gee! When you turn those heaters on, woe is me
Got to get my cheaters on, Jeepers Creepers
Where'd ya get those peepers? On, those weepers
How they hypnotize, where'd ya get those eyes?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

So Princes Meghan is concerned that she's the only poor little lonely conservative on "The View" and suggests there should be more.  I hope she's not angling for another bestie-hire" (S.E. Cupp).

Has she forgotten past conservatives...some of whom she ran off:  

• Nicolle Wallace  (boy! has she done well)
  • Candace Cameron Bure`
  • Paula Faris
  • Sherry Shepherd (even!)
  • Abby Huntsman (former "bestie")
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Cheaters--just cute slang...a very old, very cute use of the word.

Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get so lit up?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get that size?

Golly gee! When you turn those heaters on, woe is me
Got to get my cheaters on, Jeepers Creepers
Where'd ya get those peepers? On, those weepers
How they hypnotize, where'd ya get those eyes?

In the 1920 “cheaters” was a slang term for sunglasses because the (male) wearer could check out other women. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Oh boy...MM resorts to “whataboutism”, again!  Was she afraid she would run out of time, before she got all her conservative points in?

Yes. I guess she wants to make sure she has time to list of all the things she can  about Dems that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand🙄

Did she mention Gretchen Whitner  when she was listening all the eveil Democrats? What did GW do to piss off MM?

Ana bringing up people whining about the media and cancel culture I'm sure set Meghan's ass on fire lol. As you all know, she's the least in favor of cancel culture of all the hosts. She reminded us of this the other day.

Did you all see the pic Ana mentioned,  of Cruz's dog lol, she posted it on her social media omg😄.

Romney's Dog on the roof  omg. Joy made me bust out laughing.  

Interesting little thing stood out to me, Meghan can't crack a smile anytime anything is joked about when it comes to her team but she did laugh when Joy mentioned Romney's dog. Hmmm i wonder why Romney can be laughed at?

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Interesting little thing stood out to me, Meghan can't crack a smile anytime anything is joked about when it comes to her team but she did laugh when Joy mentioned Romney's dog. Hmmm i wonder why Romney can be laughed at?

You know why.  He's not a part of her "team".   And Anna used to work for him.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Ana’s “Oh really? Gross!” expression when Twatty was gleefully talking about her taxidermed animals said it all! So glad the producer in charge let us see how the others felt about that. As if it’s something to be proud of. How different is she from all the trophy hunters who kill for sport?

And while they all are entitled to their own opinions about celebrities or politicians, calling someone (here, Cuomo) “a ghoul” to someone you’re interviewing, is CRASS, to say absolutely unprofessional, but that’s nothing new from Twatty.

And since this show is under the NEWS division, it was downright unacceptable. And she was clearly egging Assemblyman Kim on, hoping for unqualified agreement on her opinion. So gross.😒😒😒😒😒

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, After7Only said:

You know why.  He's not a part of her "team".   And Anna used to work for him.   

I didn't know Ana worked for him. But, yes not part of Meghan's "Team". Very telling imo. Romney is against her teams dear leader so Meghan can't stand him.

• Love 8
On 2/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, ifionlyknew said:

And this is the problem with the View.  What was once a show about different women at different stages of their life has now become a show about women and their political views.  I love to talk politics but I like to do it in a respectful way.  With Meghan there I don't think that will be possible.

I agree.  That's what made it interesting--different ages, different backgrounds.  For many years it wasn't really political at all other than perhaps discussing a timely issue or having on a politician.  But that isn't what really drove the show--it was so much more than that.  I've wished for years that it would go partly back to that--we have enough purely political shows on (with better analysts, other than perhaps Ana) if that's what we want.  I'd like The View to talk about other things in addition to the politics (and maybe steer towards issues that affect people as opposed to what they seem to be doing now.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I agree.  That's what made it interesting--different ages, different backgrounds.  For many years it wasn't really political at all other than perhaps discussing a timely issue or having on a politician.  But that isn't what really drove the show--it was so much more than that.  I've wished for years that it would go partly back to that--we have enough purely political shows on (with better analysts, other than perhaps Ana) if that's what we want.  I'd like The View to talk about other things in addition to the politics (and maybe steer towards issues that affect people as opposed to what they seem to be doing now.

I used to love how Meredith Vieira used to have a newspaper and she would pick stories written from there to drive hot topics..

• Love 15
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I have the perfect solution...put Ana in full-time as the conservative on the panel and ship off MM to Fox. She'd fit in perfectly there. The other ladies may tolerate her, but it doesn't seem that they like her very much. 

I most certainly approve!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I have the perfect solution...put Ana in full-time as the conservative on the panel and ship off MM to Fox. She'd fit in perfectly there. The other ladies may tolerate her, but it doesn't seem that they like her very much. 

I think she'd do better at OAN or Newsmax.  

• Love 3
On 2/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, Cementhead said:

And Ben fell in love with her because of how she handled her shotgun?  WTF.  Did I hear that correctly? 

He had to come up with something.  He couldn't very well say, "Your money and future inheritance," or "Your powerful father."

• LOL 12
  • Love 3