Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Bossy Rossy Ruboot

• Start Topic

I give up. Kandy’s scene & runway were awful. Again. And I see she borrowed Olivia’s wig & made a similar costume for the bag challenge. I do not understand the love. 
eta: per Kandy’s Twitter they happened to bring the same wig. 

Edited by Kroliosis
  • Love 12

Kandy was awful on the challenge and on the runway. Some of these queens are just mean girls. I don’t like Kandy, Gottmik or Tina. Elliott was ok in the challenge and had an awesome outfit. Glad she stayed. I don’t know how I feel about this one; some of the skits are inherently funnier than others, Ross guided things the way he wanted and the mean girls weren’t going to give good parts to the ones they don’t like.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 8

When it comes to Utica and Kandy, I am not seeing what the judges are seeing.  I can't believe Utica was not in the bottom.  Maybe now the other contestants will see Elliott as a bona fide competitor.  

• Love 9

Honestly, I thought for sure Elliott was going c/- the focus in the edit. My heart just sank the whole ep. Felt like I was having a heart attack when she was bottom two, instead of Utica. But that was such a fun, punchy, impressive lipsync - even Gottmik kind of gave her praise. And it was nice to see the other queens cluster round Elliott at the end.

Slightly revising my Tina Burner dislike, after a bit of humanity in the workroom.

LalaRi seems really sweet, and gave another impressive lipsync. That was the first of the so-called Winner's circle to go home...

• Love 7

My DVR didn’t record even though it’s on series manager. I did a search to see when it’s going to re-air and can’t see any listing for this episode. I can find a listing for the next episode, #8. It’s not on demand but it could take a day or so to show up. Very strange. 

• Love 3

Maybe it's me and I'm missing the mark with this season, but I feel like the judging is off the mark. Olivia over Symone? No. And Rosé and Denali aren't getting the respect - or screen time - they deserve. 

The mean girls bring out the worst in each other. Away from that little clique, Tina was at times pleasant tonight.  

I can not understand a word Kandy says. 

@Koalagirl:

My DVR didn’t record even though it’s on series manager. I did a search to see when it’s going to re-air and can’t see any listing for this episode. I can find a listing for the next episode, #8. It’s not on demand but it could take a day or so to show up. Very strange.

Mine did the same thing. I noticed earlier that it wasn't on the schedule to record, so I manually set the recording for tonight even though I have the series set. VH1 should have it up on the website tomorrow, if not On Demand. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9

Am I watching a different show than the judges? Because I honestly cannot understand what they're doing. Denali and Rosé were safe?! They did great in the challenge, they're amazing, nice people and Rosé's beaded look on the runway was to die for. She looked so beautiful and well put together. I love her. Yet, thumbleweed.

At this point I am out of words to describe my feelings towards Kandy. I was SURE she was going to be in the bottom two and possibly going home, that outfit was nothing special and she was so loud and annoying as usual in the challenge. And instead. Wow. Why. How can Ru not see what's going on!

7 hours ago, Impalace said:

Ugh. Kandy's outfit was horrible. Gottmick is my least favorite contestant ever on this show. She is mean and arrogant. I look forward to her getting bounced. 

I wouldn't want to sound assuming because I am not a trans person, but maybe Gottmik is still trying to find his feet around the boys, so sometimes he exaggerates some behaviors only because he still feels a bit insecure and wants to fit in. He's definitely not my favorite but I think we could probably cut him some slack, it mustn't be easy for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

One thing I liked about the Bossy Rossy challenge is that it's a lot easier to keep the segments contained and still make sense when there are fewer people involved. In past seasons, the skits that include 6 or more queens tended to be a lot less focused because the writers had to include everyone. With these shorter segments with only 2-3 people, it gave each queen the opportunity to have more of a character (as opposed to maybe 2-3 lines) and a more specific storyline.

Ha, I loved when the queens did a Maury reenactment in the work room! That is the kind of silliness that I love to see on this show.

Denali's chandelier look was beautiful and elegant. I have no idea why she was declared safe instead of in the top.

Rosé's Tinkerbell look was so bright and colorful. I thought she and Denali were the strongest duo in the challenge because they interacted well.

LaLa Ri's Mardi Gras look was really fun, but I was pretty sure the judges were going to chastise her for basically wearing a bra and panties. I thought her performance in the challenge was not great. She was overshadowed by Denali and Rosé. I know she was playing the more buttoned up character, but she knew that and she needed to find a way to make it funny.

Gottmik's looks aren't always my taste, but I appreciate that they're always memorable. My main issue with this week's runway outfit was that the headpiece was doing all the work. The dress itself was just there.

Olivia's look was cute but not amazing. I was confused by the judges praising it so much. I didn't like the long sleeved lavender turtleneck. But her mime performance was hilarious even before she spoke.

Utica's bloody bride look had impact on the runway, but on closer inspection, I didn't like that the main part of it was just a red dress under white webbing. I feel like she could have upgraded that and had even more impact. I think she had a very specific idea of what she wanted for her character but she didn't communicate it well or take her character there.

Kandy's look was my least favorite. It looked like a cheap knockoff version of something else. I liked that she listened to the judges and tried another persona in the challenge. I'm glad she learned that she can be someone besides herself when she acts, but overall I thought she was just okay in the challenge. I thought it was a bit generous when Ross said Kandy interacted with him easily when all she really said was stuff like "What, bitch?"

Symone's glamazon Zulu look was beautiful. The colors looked really striking against her skin. She was one of my favorites in the challenge. She was funny and focused and she knew both who her character was and what her character's relationship was with Kandy's.

I did not like Tina's runway look. Once again, the reveal was so pointless. The remaining look was baggy and cheap looking (the material choice was the main issue, but the fake boobs were also a factor).

I liked that Elliott's flapper look was made of Mardi Gras beads. She draped them well so it looked like a real flapper dress. I agreed that she wasn't great in the challenge. It wasn't just because Tina was more high energy. Her character was very one note and she didn't communicate the whole backstory about being in love with Tina's character.

Symone and Olivia were my two favorites in the challenge so after factoring in their runway looks, I would have given the win to Symone.

Elliott and LaLa Ri both did well in the LSFYL so I wasn't sure who Ru would choose.

Tina and Kandy showed some kindness this week which helped.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

I feel like this season is more about the production and storyline than the contestants, maybe because I've been watching so many of those chats with former America's Next Top Model contestants, but also because I'm another one who can't understand the judging unless it's based on storyline. It sucks, because last season felt so...pure, to me, in terms of showcasing the talents of charismatic people.

To me, they're trying to give Rose the Jan edit, which I was into initially but the more I see of Rose the more I like her. I think Denali is kind of being put in the same box, but with her I also have a non-evidenced-based feeling that it has to do with her ethnicity. She doesn't fit neatly into a box for the ethnic stereotypes generally featured in mainstream pop culture. Again, I have zero facts to back that up, it's just what my gut tells me. 

To be fair to production, Rose and Denali aren't giving a lot of drama. Maybe for "good TV" they need to be overlooked until they snap. Or, they needed to come in weaker so they could have a growth arc- winning these shows is usually about making the judges feel like they've made you better, and showing that to the audience. Hard to do with performers who come in as solid as them.

With Kandy, I think they believe she's another polarizing Silky archetype. She totally is, as they're editing her, but since I didn't enjoy it the first time I'm just turning it off this time. I don't need to hear her opinion on literally every performance, and she was blown away the moment Seymone stepped into the scene. I still almost feel bad for her, because she's probably fun to watch in person.

Uttica had to be in the bottom this week because the story was that you need to fight for what you want. Olivia did, she won. Uttica did not, she lost. 

With the bottom 2, I was genuinely surprised with Elliott. I don't think she was supposed to win- they even had her on the side of the stage where the loser generally stands. 

One day they should spin-off and do one-episode competitions between queens of different genres, because I'd love to see a fashion walk-off with Seymone vs. Gigi Goode vs. Aquaria vs. Raja. 

• Love 4

The only part of this I enjoyed was the Maury playacting in the werkroom. That's it. And I love me some Ross, but dang. I think the pandemic must have thrown everything off just enough, for cast and production, that it seems like a different show this season. Kandy isn't helping either. I want to enjoy it, like I enjoyed last season. I'm going to blame it on the stupid start, screwing with the queens like that - it's really carrying over. And Elliott was in the stronger group, so there's that. 

• Love 3

Elliott deserved bottom placement over Utica. Utica brought energy, albeit the wrong energy. Lala and Elliott threw cold water on their scenes.

Given Elliott's extremely problematic "jokes" in the past (she has posted pictures of Black Barbies on IG several times with captions like "nobody ever buys these lol") I'm glad she wasn't trying hard to be her brand of funny.

• Love 1

I thought that Ross skit was embarrassingly bad, so much so that I was channel surfing until it was over, I didn’t care who won. 

This season has been really off and it all started with The Pork Chop, which has really messed with everyone’s heads. The wrong people are getting attention (Kandi) while others are sidelined (Denali, Rosé). While Tamisha wasn’t expected to win in her condition she brought a level of fierceness and heart that is missing. I’m not feeling this season.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Strange- same thing happened to me. Thankfully I checked at 8:30, so we only missed the first half hour. I believe it will be available on demand in a day or so.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, stormy weather said:

Am I watching a different show than the judges? Because I honestly cannot understand what they're doing. Denali and Rosé were safe?! They did great in the challenge, they're amazing, nice people and Rosé's beaded look on the runway was to die for. She looked so beautiful and well put together. I love her. Yet, thumbleweed.

At this point I am out of words to describe my feelings towards Kandy. I was SURE she was going to be in the bottom two and possibly going home, that outfit was nothing special and she was so loud and annoying as usual in the challenge. And instead. Wow. Why. How can Ru not see what's going on!

I think Ru (and the producers) know exactly what's going on. Their decisions are rarely about who's the most talented. They're about what they think will make for "good TV," and occasionally some other agenda.

Ru's said some messed-up stuff about trans people in the past, and she seems to think that hyping Gottmik will show how trans-friendly she is. I don't see any other explanation for why Mik would win the ball over Utica, or why she hasn't been called out for her bad performances.

And Kandy will probably get very far too, because if they based everything on talent, we'd be left with a final 4 of Symone, Olivia, Denali, and Rose, and there would be no "drama" in a top 4 that all get along.

• Love 5

Denali and Rose keep being A+ professionals and Ru keeps being "meh whatever". That they kept Kandy on stage to praise her for her performance and look but sent Denali to stew backstage is pure producer manipulation and I did not enjoy it. 

I really wish we could have had double winners with Olivia and Symone. They both did so well and both of their looks were such awesome bits of Black girl nostalgia. 

Elliott turning his nose up at the more timid performers and then waltzing out to do....that was a choice (*Tatianna voice*). Tina's humor is really just not for me, but at least she went for it.

I thought Lala was going to get Elliot when they when they started playing that song but Elliott really did that. I felt that competitive Texas spirit while Lala felt more joyful but disconnected from the song lyrics. He's toast if he doesn't figure some shit out by next week, though. Not that I care because *gestures at two T's social media*.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

And Kandy will probably get very far too, because if they based everything on talent, we'd be left with a final 4 of Symone, Olivia, Denali, and Rose, and there would be no "drama" in a top 4 that all get along.

But who really wants the kind of Drama they’re pushing? Certainly not me. I endure that in order to see the kind of positive energy and talent that people like Rosé and Denali bring, which is being increasingly muffled. I do not need to see Kandy’s unsolicited opinions and advice for every other queen, like she’s this year’s designated Yoda. I did not like the Kompassionate Kandy edit that was proffered this episode, because I suspect it’s setting her up for a long stay. I did not like the Mean-Girl-in-disguise edit that Olivia got this episode, because that’s just another way to stir up the wrong kind of drama. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

If you have Spectrum, someone messed up the coding and didn't  mark it as new (the show date was correct) so the series manager would pick it up and so far, next week has the same mistake. Just a head's up! I had to set the recording myself.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But who really wants the kind of Drama they’re pushing? Certainly not me. I endure that in order to see the kind of positive energy and talent that people like Rosé and Denali bring, which is being increasingly muffled. I do not need to see Kandy’s unsolicited opinions and advice for every other queen, like she’s this year’s designated Yoda. I did not like the Kompassionate Kandy edit that was proffered this episode, because I suspect it’s setting her up for a long stay. I did not like the Mean-Girl-in-disguise edit that Olivia got this episode, because that’s just another way to stir up the wrong kind of drama. 

I don't enjoy it one bit either! But the producers seem to think that drama is the key to making a good show, because contestants who stir it up pretty much always get rewarded. I think the mindset is that people want a villain to root against, and that the contestants getting along is "boring."

And there are fans who live for the nasty fighting. I found it unbearable watching Untucked when Kandy was attacking Tamisha and Elliott, but a lot of fans were calling the best Untucked in years.

• Love 2

So I’m assuming Kandy has blackmail pictures of the judges, because her performance was absolutely bland and terrible and they were fawning all over her like she was god’s gift to comedy.   And, oh, Untucked, please stop letting Kandy take up about two-thirds of your half-hour; there are other queens we’d like to hear from.

This is a rookie mistake that shouldn’t be happening on such a long-running show, but this is exactly what happens when producers latch onto somebody thinking the fans are going to either really, really love them or really, really love to hate them, but instead viewers just find that person incredibly tiresome and tedious.  Kandy just isn’t it, y’all.

• Love 15

I am also annoyed that not only did my dvr not record it, but VH-1 doesn't replay the episode at all during the week. It's so much more important to run five hours of Martin reruns from 1997 than to rerun an Emmy winning show. Grrrr. My ondemand might have it soon, but it ticks me off. That's the thing about cable, you can re-air programs at 3 am when there's nothing else on. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, stormy weather said:

I wouldn't want to sound assuming because I am not a trans person, but maybe Gottmik is still trying to find his feet around the boys, so sometimes he exaggerates some behaviors only because he still feels a bit insecure and wants to fit in. He's definitely not my favorite but I think we could probably cut him some slack, it mustn't be easy for him. 

Nope.  No slack.   It’s not easy for many of the queens.   Gotmik is mean spirited. 

Kandy seems to be getting a redemption arc, which has me scared she’s going to make it pretty far.   

These Queens complain every week about being safe.   But 2 out of the 3 tops legitimately deserved to be there.   I would have replaced Kandy with Rose or maybe Denali for her chandelier costume.   But Tina was reaching.  Her performance and costume were firmly safe.   

2 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I am also annoyed that not only did my dvr not record it, but VH-1 doesn't replay the episode at all during the week. It's so much more important to run five hours of Martin reruns from 1997 than to rerun an Emmy winning show. Grrrr. My ondemand might have it soon, but it ticks me off. That's the thing about cable, you can re-air programs at 3 am when there's nothing else on.

Same thing happened to me.    All the cable networks want you to watch episodes on their streaming services so I’m noticing a lot of shows are only airing once.   I was able to watch on the vh1 app.  

• Love 4

This season. Ugh.

Too much KM in this episode, as usual. I think the producers keep this garbage in to assure viewers stay pissed off and, hence, complain online to have the show mentioned.

It’s probably her schtick and style, the whole urban queen thing, but I’d love to see Symone in something super polished and elegant, a la Jaida Essence Hall.

I totally thought it was going to be a double shantay. They both killed it and I was really entertained.

I would've put Gottmik in the top over Kandy easily. I was actually surprised. After the acting challenge, I just assumed Gottmik was too wrapped up in his head naturally to do improv. I also think Rose and Denali did great work, so it is a little surprising they didn't rank higher, although they did step on one another's lines at times. Rose's outfit wasn't a showstopper on the runway. Denali's was though. Her neediness to be recognized though is a bit of a turnoff, and it's possible that's what the judges are picking up. I had zero problems with Olivia winning again. Her comic timing was great. I thought Utica's character was actually pretty straight-forward (she just talks and talks all the time, so her daughter became a mime, and I didn't mean for that to rhyme!), and I was surprised to see her pull off a face and wig that was much more conventionally glamorous. I don't know that she deserved to be in the bottom, exactly, but that's also because the group overall has strong performers.

No one's obligated to like any of these queens, of course, but Gottmik isn't at all the shadiest queen to ever compete. For the old-timers, let's all remember how Raven on season 2 was a straight-up bitch to Tatianna all the time. Tatianna wasn't particularly nice always either. Morgan McMichaels, Tyra Sanchez...that was one shady season. And most of those queens are now beloved, especially as they have learned to soften their tones a bit. Hell, even with later seasons full of more self-aware contestants, Kim Chee was (is) incredibly shady.  I don't get "mean" from Gottmik at all, not one bit. I don't think Kandy is Silky 2.0 either. She has a lot more friends, polish, and self-awareness than Silky did, although I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if Kandy makes it to the final queens.

That said, I also don't care if queens are mean, That's on them, and they'll have to live with it, and eventually it'll bite them in the ass. But I said it before, and I'll say it again, no one's at all threatened by this "mean girls" thing, and they all seem to like the three queens in that clique, so I can't get on board with the idea that somehow there are very mean queens here. Kandy is exhausting, and that's about the worst I can see.

I think LaLa Ri gave the better lip synch, but Elliott's looks are more polished. Still, Elliott's time is clearly limited. The role of promising, raw ingénue has been filled by Olivia Lux, although Olivia, once you see someone else has done the same wig already, maybe don't wear it?

Edited by Rai
  • Love 2

I thought Olivia and Symone were very funny. Utica was actively terrible. Everyone else was entirely mediocre and I didn't give a shit. When they showed the not-on-stage queens watching on monitors and cracking up, I was confused. The moments they were purportedly watching were not funny. They were obvious and boring. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I think Ru (and the producers) know exactly what's going on. Their decisions are rarely about who's the most talented. They're about what they think will make for "good TV," and occasionally some other agenda.

Ru's said some messed-up stuff about trans people in the past, and she seems to think that hyping Gottmik will show how trans-friendly she is. I don't see any other explanation for why Mik would win the ball over Utica, or why she hasn't been called out for her bad performances.

Yes I agree, my "how can they not know what's going on" was more in the sense of how can they not realize people at home are gonna call BS on this kind of unreasonable critiques that make absolutely no sense and on top of that are detrimental to other, more deserving queens in the competition.

I understand Ru and the producers want to keep pot-stirrers on the show as long as they can for the sake of "good TV" drama, but like 30 Helens said upthread, I'm also one of those viewers who are not interested in that and would forever choose charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent over drama potential, which is what attracted me to the show in the first place. I miss the challenges where the queens had to sew their own outfits and help each other, whereas now it feels like many situations in the workroom and basically every Untucked episode are scenes from Bossy Rossy. This is the Olympics of Drag and I want to see the "best in what they do" compete. If I (ever) wanted to see over the top reactions and backstabbing I would make it a Ricki Lake night and get all teary-eyed over the priceless display of '90s fashion. 

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

If you have Spectrum, someone messed up the coding and didn't  mark it as new (the show date was correct) so the series manager would pick it up and so far, next week has the same mistake. Just a head's up! I had to set the recording myself.

Thanks. I have Verizon Fios and it didn’t show up on demand until noon today so I was able to catch up.  

I hate when people do bloody brides, or toothless brides, or raggedy brides.  Especially bloody brides.  I hate that.  That said, I am glad Utica is safe.

With the advent of branded RuPaul beverage holders, the gals can once again consume alcohol on the show.  But I wonder why editors allowed us to see the word "vodka" on Denali's beverage.  Makes no sense.

6 hours ago, After7Only said:

Nope.  No slack.   It’s not easy for many of the queens.   Gotmik is mean spirited. 

Exactly.  Mean spirited is mean spirited, regardless of gender identity or experience.  Everyone has baggage ~ best to leave it outside the werk room.

Mr kicotan is convinced that the only reason they are keeping Kandy on is for the shit-stirring drama...and I’m inclined to agree only because she has not brought anything to the table on the runway or the challenges but attitude.

In the beginning, Ru went on about there not being losers...really, none of this season’s queens lose by having exposure on the show.  I think the top three have already been decided.

• Love 2

Bing Bang Bong ! What a meh episode.

ElioTT brought it to the lipsync (which was much better than last week) but for me the Kandy/ Symone segment was the dullest and I would have put Kandy in the bottom so LaLa could send her home.

I actually enjoyed Utica's WTF mom role - at least she looked gorgoeus and was entertainting!

Runway wise - Symone and Denali were tops. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Blakeston said:

And there are fans who live for the nasty fighting. I found it unbearable watching Untucked when Kandy was attacking Tamisha and Elliott, but a lot of fans were calling the best Untucked in years.

Ugh, I found it so uncomfortable to witness.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Just Carol said:

With the advent of branded RuPaul beverage holders, the gals can once again consume alcohol on the show.  But I wonder why editors allowed us to see the word "vodka" on Denali's beverage.  Makes no sense.

I'm assuming the rupaul koozies (roozies?? brb, copyrighting) are being used to hide that they're not using a beverage who paid sponsor money. Bubly is probably a sponsor so they were allowed to show them in full. I noticed the "vodka" too and spent at least ten minutes unsuccessfully trying to figure out from the font on the can what brand of pre-mixed drinks they had.

The bossy rossy/cops/whatever improv challenges seem really uneven, and I always feel like I'm on a different planet when the judges find some funny and others unfunny. The impromptu Maury skit was a funnier idea than any of the prompt ideas they gave them.

I think Gottmik played it pretty smart to side with Olivia on giving her the mime. Utica is funny and I know she would have gone, as the kids say, "ham" if she had gotten cast as the mime, but I think she would have derailed them. Part of what made their skit funny was that Olivia was working so well with everyone to let them build on what she was doing. Utica came in and didn't play off the others as much, and I think that giving her the mime would have allowed her to go too over the top with no ability to pull the skit back in. I don't think she would have done it on purpose but her strength is being and looking crazy and people encourage her to do that by laughing at it, but if she was acting so weird that Gottmik was unable to interpret what she was doing, it would have undermined her character as a mimeologist.

That 600 pound ass skit was at least 900 pounds of ass in a 600 pound bag. There was potential there to be funny but Elliott never did anything with the character. I also didn't think the pop star skit was that inherently funny, so I was surprised the judges liked them so much. Would they have been impressed with a subdued performance if it had been anyone other than Kandy? I'm not sold on that.

I still love Olivia even if they tried to feed us a "secret diva" edit. I also love Rosé much more than I was expecting to based on the meet the queens interviews, although I am not super in love with what she's sent down the runway. I also love Symone. I'm going to miss LaLa. I think Denali is a better competitor than they've been placing her and I hope she doesn't get too in her head about it. I like Utica but I don't think she's going to be able to escape the kooky corner, because that's her main skill. Tina I am on the fence about. I don't really dislike her and I think she's definitely got some skills, but her aesthetic is kinda ???? and I'm not sure how easy that will be for her to fix. I think Gottmik is talented and am rooting for her to win, but it probably depends on how much dancing is left in the season whether that's likely.

The only two queens I still really do not like much are Kandy and Elliott. I'm still willing to give Kandy a chance to redeem herself. I'm also trying hard to have empathy for Elliott because having clinical depression can't be easy, and I don't think she did herself any favors being relatable to others by botoxing all the expression out of her face, but yikes, some of the stuff she has said recently is not really defensible. I do agree with Kandy that Elliott is probably not very self-aware (as funny as that is coming from Kandy), but I'm not sure she can truthfully claim ignorance for all of it because at a point, the stance becomes "well, I didn't know it was bad to be shitty about things!" 

I didn't think LaLa deserved to be in the bottom, based on challenge performance, and I personally don't think she lost the lip sync, either, but I'll have to watch it again. Her wig being in her face most of the time did make me worried for her.

2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

What is the significance of EllioTTs name???

I just looked that up! Elliott is his birth name (same as with Lawrence Chaney using Lawrence), and I guess the two t's bit is c/- endlessly having to spell it out correctly for people c/- variations in the spelling of Elliot. It's not my favourite drag name of all time!

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, violet and green said:

I just looked that up! Elliott is his birth name (same as with Lawrence Chaney using Lawrence), and I guess the two t's bit is c/- endlessly having to spell it out correctly for people c/- variations in the spelling of Elliot. It's not my favourite drag name of all time!

It's terrible, especially since I never can remember if it has two L's!

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

It should have been Elliott With Two T’s, Two L’s and One E. Now, that would fill up a marquee!

It apparently didn't occur to Eliot (sic) that her name would be on the chyron every time she spoke on the show, LOL. No need to literally spell it out for us!

Agree with those saying the judging of the main challenge was wonky.  Elliott with Two T's has been underwhelming for me in the past, but she seemed fine in the challenge.  (And how did the judges not get that the characters were secretly attracted to each other??)  Then somehow Utica is safe and Kandy gets praised for... calling Ross a bitch repeatedly?  Huh?    

I did like seeing a sliver of Tina's humanity.  Also liked Mik begrudgingly giving Eliott props for her lip sync (double splits!).  

La La was so likeable and funny in her talking heads and the werkroom scenes, but for me that enthusiasm didn't always translate to the challenges.  Did she deserve to go before Kandy?  No.  But she wasn't long for this competition.  

I get that after all of these seasons it's tough to come up with fresh challenges, but ... another musical number next week?  Okay...

• Love 3

ETA: Agree that Rosé and Denali are incredibly solid competitors, week after week, yet both still seem to be getting some sort of weird filler edit.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ladle said:

ETA: Agree that Rosé and Denali are incredibly solid competitors, week after week, yet both still seem to be getting some sort of weird filler edit.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes...

Normally I get a little annoyed when queens complain about being safe but I get Rosé and Denali being frustrated. Not only have they had some gorgeous runway looks but to see that Kandy is being put in the top over them? It's just baffling.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ladle said:

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Normally I get a little annoyed when queens complain about being safe but I get Rosé and Denali being frustrated. Not only have they had some gorgeous runway looks but to see that Kandy is being put in the top over them? It's just baffling.

Yeah, it’s also curious that only the “A Team” members have won maxi challenges. Wondering if an inherent bias isn’t factoring into these ranking decisions. Kandy has certainly been the main beneficiary of inconsistent judging, but she’s not the only one, IMO.

• Love 2