Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Whine Connoisseur

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

As always, episodes happen in episode time. No future information or spoilers allowed in this thread, 

• Start Topic

While the ladies were having their hangover parties, I thought that the Dr had to leave to be ready to Dr in the am. We then see her at home doing a re-certification for cardiac emergencies. Hmm...did she call in sick or did she use her job as an excuse to leave the party? She had to be four sheets to the wind. She drank a lot of shots and doesn’t weigh much. It had to hit her like a ton of bricks. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

While the ladies were having their hangover parties, I thought that the Dr had to leave to be ready to Dr in the am. We then see her at home doing a re-certification for cardiac emergencies. Hmm...did she call in sick or did she use her job as an excuse to leave the party? She had to be four sheets to the wind. She drank a lot of shots and doesn’t weigh much. It had to hit her like a ton of bricks. 

I bet it was just tricky editing.  I can’t imagine she wouldn’t have been seriously hung over.  And it would be hard for them to film her at work if she’s in a surgery.  “Hmmm...what scene can we insert of Tiffany by herself - oh, with her cute daughters!”

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Lord, I kind of like D'Andra this year. What is happening? 

Kary needs to chill out. She's just picking and being mean at this point.

I feel kind of bad for Stephanie. Her husband doesn't take her seriously? That's awful. Her mom seemed sweet though. 

I had to laugh at "you get checks from your mom." Good one, Kam. Though, Kam gets checks from her husband, sooooo...

I feel bad for poor Jen. She's there but she's not being properly introduced or explained. I've noticed some cities better utilize their friends of than others. 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
spelling/grammar matters lol
  • Love 20

At first I thought it was a lovely spread on the table for the ladies to nosh on at the winery. Then when I looked closer some of the fruit looked heat fatigued. It could be my eyesight. No wonder some of them stay so thin. They spend all of their time bitching at each other rather than eating. Mind you this probably only applies when they are together. They probably are stopping for burgers when they leave these events. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I hope Kary and D’Andra have an agreement to fight for a storyline - otherwise Kary is quite the bitch.

She's a total asshole!  Last year she made me stick up for Leeann and this year she's making me stick up for D'Andra 😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 16

Kary is filling the void that Leeanne left of being an asshole. From what the purple haired daughter said, she wants a lot of attention. 
Stephanie and her mom were cute together. What gets me is that none of these housewives seem to just enjoy being a rich housewife that doesn’t have to work.  At least Stefanie’s venture seems worthwhile. 
If Deandra kept her brother from his inheritance, I understand why he doesn’t talk to her. She even said, the brother was closer to her dad than her. 
Tiffany supposedly having to go to work the day after the party, reminded me of an anesthesiologist my husband had several years back before surgery. The guy came in and told us the surgeon would be in shortly, that they had gone out drinking the night before. It was a funny icebreaker. Maybe Tiff had office work the next day but I really doubt she would be in surgery with a hangover. 

• Love 4

Captain Brandy? Head on a stick? WTF? D'Andra was always a little bit batshit but I have always liked her relationship with her husband. They seem to enjoy each other and know how to joke.

If Dee's dad had two wills and the brother from another mother was in one of them then I don't see how he could wind up with nothing. Maybe D was the one that was cut out and she hired a lawyer to make sure she got a piece of the pie and that's what the brother is pissed about because he didn't get as much as he thought he was entitled to. Pure speculation but that's my thoughts. 

Kary is an insufferable bitch. She was last year, too, however, LeAnn overshadowed her so we didn't notice it as much. It must be hell being her daughters. We already know how she treats her husband. I would much rather see Tiffany's interaction with her daughters than Kary with hers.  

15 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I had to laugh at "you get checks from your mom." Good one, Kam. Though, Kam gets checks from her husband, sooooo...

Difference is Kam isn't always whining about how harrrrdddd she works and how exhausting it is. Kam's talking heads are the best! 

• Love 5

Did we know before this episode that  D’Andra has been engaged THIRTEEN TIMES (said in Teresa voice)? She married two of them but I really want to know the circumstances of some of the other engagements- who these guys were, how long they were together, if they had more than $200 in their bank accounts, if they were scared off by Mama Dee, what their damage is, etc.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Did we know before this episode that  D’Andra has been engaged THIRTEEN TIMES (said in Teresa voice)? She married two of them but I really want to know the circumstances of some of the other engagements- who these guys were, how long they were together, if they had more than $200 in their bank accounts, if they were scared off by Mama Dee, what their damage is, etc.

She didn't discuss the engagements on Watch What Happens Live but she did say that her first wedding was over a million dollars and she only stayed married to her ex-husband for a year and a half. 😳

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, GussieK said:

Why must D’Andra wear those scary eyelashes?  Why do we see them in so many housewife franchises?  I don’t see anyone wearing them in real life. 

Thank God. lol I think D'Andra is stupidly pretty. Every time I see her, I think wow, what a face. But those lashes! They really are a little much even for TV. And yes I notice them on the other housewife shows too. Lisa Vanderpump on BH is another really beautiful woman who loves herself some huge falsies. She'd be having a really sad scene crying, and I'd still notice the darn lashes! Less is more ladies. Especially when you're so beautiful to begin with. I think Kyle on BH was typically good at glamorous yet somewhat natural makeup. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10

D’Andra is absolutely beautiful in person, and has such kind mannerisms.  Jeremy is super cute in person too, and he has this kind, genuine smile. 
That being said, D’Andra is looking so over-Botoxed it’s ridiculous.  
On WWHL, she couldn’t move her face.  At all. 
Judging from her brother’s house/neighborhood, it was D’Andra who got all the goodies from the will.  It’s possible that of the two wills, it was decided that one superseded the other, rendering the one that left the brother anything void. 
The brother has to know all about her lifestyle.  He probably throws a shoe at the TV every time she’s on. 
Does Mama Dee keep in touch with him I wonder?  Is he her son?  I was too busy watching D’Andra’s face for any sign of movement to pay attention, if it was mentioned. 

• Love 5

Gees Kary talked about how negative Leeanne was during the Mexico vacation and to not bring negativity into her world last year.

Flash forward one year and she's being super negative at D'Andra's event.  She is the queen of double standards.

Last season I was fascinated at the way Kary drove Leeanne crazy.  Now I realize it's because the two are so similar.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Captain Brandy? Head on a stick? WTF? D'Andra was always a little bit batshit but I have always liked her relationship with her husband. They seem to enjoy each other and know how to joke.

If Dee's dad had two wills and the brother from another mother was in one of them then I don't see how he could wind up with nothing. Maybe D was the one that was cut out and she hired a lawyer to make sure she got a piece of the pie and that's what the brother is pissed about because he didn't get as much as he thought he was entitled to. Pure speculation but that's my thoughts. 

Kary is an insufferable bitch. She was last year, too, however, LeAnn overshadowed her so we didn't notice it as much. It must be hell being her daughters. We already know how she treats her husband. I would much rather see Tiffany's interaction with her daughters than Kary with hers.  

Difference is Kam isn't always whining about how harrrrdddd she works and how exhausting it is. Kam's talking heads are the best! 

When there are competing wills, the court has to decide which one is valid and go by that. The court can’t just split the baby, so to speak. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Yes this insertion of “Jen” into the group scenes is so awkward. I know that she was supposed to be a main housewife, but had to drop down to “Friend of” due to a divorce/custody situation. But Jeeze Louise they could have at least introduced her, beyond a “Kam’s friend” label slapped on the screen. She’s very pretty but a very stiff, un-charismatic dancer. I did, however, appreciate that she was the only one wearing a damn mask—those insipid face shields make me roll my eyes every time I see them. 

I don’t mind them showing Tiffany doing the certification or talking about her job. It’s actually refreshing to have a housewife with an actual career beyond the show. Her girls really are adorable. 

D’Andra can be a lot but she does amuse me. I enjoy the rapport between her and Jeremy. He seems like he tries to lighten her up and keep her dramatics to a minimum.

Brandi is only 42??!  Whoa.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

I’m liking D’andra so far this season and the scenes with Jeremy and her disguises did make me laugh. It’s weird the situation with her brother tho like why was there 2 wills? Is something shady going on.

Kary is so annoying. I’ve never been a fan and she’s even worse this season. I FF her boring ass family scenes too.

• Love 12

Tiffany's daughters are the cutest!

I cracked up at Kam throwing Captain Brandy into the bushes when they got to the winery. Same with Jeremy rolling out of the car in his imitation of D'andra.

Kary is annoying!

I would love to hang out with Stephanie and her mom. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, bosawks said:

It really does seem that Kary took advice from Dorinda of the NY Dorindas on how to be a complete and unfettered asshole.

Yes, it's been interesting. I think Kary, Dorinda, Braunwyn, and Jen of Salt Lake are all attempting to take a top dog spot when a previous top dog was ousted (though in the case of Salt Lake Jen, it's more trying to grab the spot in a new group). They're all playing these over-the-top roles to claim the crown of "grand dame" of a franchise, but are wildly overshooting the mark and may be overacting their ways out of their jobs. Dorinda is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Kary and Braunwyn will also be out after their seasons (though it's early yet in Dallas for Kary). And Jen? Jury's still out, but I do think she has seriously tanked her own marriage in the process of trying to become the "STAR" of Salt Lake.

Regarding just Dallas- it's early days yet in this season, but I am noticing that outside of Kary, there don't seem to be an seething resentments in the group as there were when Leanne was still around. They do all seem to like each other well enough as co-workers at the moment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 1/27/2021 at 4:36 AM, Chatty Cake said:

If Deandra kept her brother from his inheritance, I understand why he doesn’t talk to her. She even said, the brother was closer to her dad than her. 

Death and money causes so many troubles...my grandfather had tons,  was supposed to go to my mom and uncle.  Sadly he died first, evil step-grandmother rerouted funds to her niece and nephew.   My mom and uncle got NOTHING.    

4 hours ago, klh25 said:

Death and money causes so many troubles...my grandfather had tons,  was supposed to go to my mom and uncle.  Sadly he died first, evil step-grandmother rerouted funds to her niece and nephew.   My mom and uncle got NOTHING.    

I also have rich grandparents, and yes the money causes SO many arguments, especially after one of them passes. I don't know if my parents will ever get anything either. They're not money-hungry types at all, but it really hurts them how much some of their siblings are and what they will do to get as much money as they can. 

• Love 7

I hate the bullshit PC direction they have gone with this season. I wish they had just canned Brandi as they did Leanne instead of giving her a redemption tour. I find thisTiffany person so ostentatious and not in a funny way a la Kam. I hated both Kary and D'andra last year for the gang ups on Leanne and now D'andra is trying to smudge all her horrific behaviour away with sage? I still remember it all. That Brandi on a stick thing wasn't that amusing. And Kary is even more hateful than last year, which I didn't believe could be possible. The only one that comes across as kind and real is Stephanie, especially when she is not around trashy Brandi. She is the only thing that makes this watchable for me, and I am okay with D'andra when she is with Jeremy. 

• Love 8
On 1/30/2021 at 6:58 PM, lizajane said:

I hate the bullshit PC direction they have gone with this season. I wish they had just canned Brandi as they did Leanne instead of giving her a redemption tour.

HUGE difference between Brandi and Leanne tho ... Leanne was never sorry for what she said and made every excuse in the book to try to deflect from it  ...HUGE massive difference

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
On 1/30/2021 at 5:58 PM, lizajane said:

I hate the bullshit PC direction they have gone with this season. I wish they had just canned Brandi as they did Leanne instead of giving her a redemption tour. I find thisTiffany person so ostentatious and not in a funny way a la Kam. I hated both Kary and D'andra last year for the gang ups on Leanne and now D'andra is trying to smudge all her horrific behaviour away with sage? I still remember it all. That Brandi on a stick thing wasn't that amusing. And Kary is even more hateful than last year, which I didn't believe could be possible. The only one that comes across as kind and real is Stephanie, especially when she is not around trashy Brandi. She is the only thing that makes this watchable for me, and I am okay with D'andra when she is with Jeremy. 

I totally agree with you re: Tiffany.  She is soooo ostentatious- not impressed.  Kary disgusts me.   I assure you, if she went after me and gave me the level of crap she does D'Andra or whoever she's giving it to at any given moment, I would've torn her a new one by now......completely chewed her up and spit her out!   What an irrelevent, gold-digging, hateful bitch she is. 

• Love 5
On 1/30/2021 at 5:58 PM, lizajane said:

To each their own, I'm sick of PC.  I didn't think what Brandi did was bad, it was a joke.  Either way, she apologized.  It was YEARS ago.  We all grow and learn, if you don't then that is a problem.  LeeAnne was horrible, I don't think she is racist but I'm glad she's off the show.  If I had to hear about her Carnie childhood and see her use it for every reason why she sucked as a person one more time I was going to lose it.  That is someone who completely lacks self awareness.  You always hope maybe some of these girls watch the show and learn something about themselves and do better, I lost hope with her. lol   D'Andra and Kary are clearly having issues with each other and I think are to a point that they need to deal with it, they are almost picking on each other like sisters who are driving each other bonkers.  I think they are both guilty.  

• Love 4
On 1/29/2021 at 2:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I also have rich grandparents, and yes the money causes SO many arguments, especially after one of them passes. I don't know if my parents will ever get anything either. They're not money-hungry types at all, but it really hurts them how much some of their siblings are and what they will do to get as much money as they can. 

Yeah, I personally don't care about that stuff.  They were awful people, I had for the most part stopped talking to them in the 90's.  My mom still had a relationship with them.  She took care of my Gpa while he was dying, took care of evil Step Grandmonster after and she still left her high and dry.  

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

HUGE difference between Brandi and Leanne tho ... Leanne was never sorry for what she said and made every excuse in the book to try to deflect from it  ...HUGE massive difference

Whatever. I have never liked Brandi and wish she was gone as well as Leanne and don't care if she apologized or not.

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, lizajane said:

Whatever. I have never liked Brandi and wish she was gone as well as Leanne and don't care if she apologized or not.

I like Brandi so I am glad she is still around ... she and Steph seem to be the only real friendship outside the show

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I like Brandi so I am glad she is still around ... she and Steph seem to be the only real friendship outside the show

Me too.  I love how open and silly she has been since day 1, her and Steph are the ones I would most likely hang out with.   I like people I can be myself around.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I also like seeing friendship on the show. 

4 hours ago, klh25 said:

Me too.  I love how open and silly she has been since day 1, her and Steph are the ones I would most likely hang out with.   I like people I can be myself around.

I do too. I think Stephanie is nicer than Brandi, but I also think Brandi would be an easier person to be friends with than Kary, Tiffany, and perhaps some of the others. 

• Love 8

Oh yeah D'andra.   What person wouldn't want to see their decapitated head impaled on a stick?  And if the person in question doesn't find it funny,  give it a rest.  The joke didn't work. Nobody thought it was funny.  Learn how to read a room ffs!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/26/2021 at 6:35 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Tiffany is all “look at me, look what I do”. We get it. You don’t want us to forget you’re a doctor. 

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's one thing to encourage your children, but it's another to warp reality for their consumption. 

Tiffany isn't Wonder Woman -- she's a well educated woman who's got a paycheck job as an anesthesiologist in a hospital.  She's not doing the healing, she's anesthetizing the patient for someone else to do the healing.  But she presents herself to her children as if she's saving the fucking world every day. 

I'm assuming the hospital pays her by paycheck which means she doesn't have to hustle up her own business, manage her own staff or see to the billing and collection like most business people.  She does a job that requires an MD degree but demands far less hours than a practicing physician who performs procedures, and then has office hours for treating patients.

But to listen to Tiffany, she's performing the impossible while suffering not being there to tuck her babies in at night.  She lives for the regard and admiration she gets from society, and probably most importantly, from her parents.  If she really and truly longed to be the one to tuck her girls in, she'd be doing it.  I mean, whose decision was it to take this second job, Tiffany?  I'm positive your girls would be happier living in a smaller house and having a mother who only worked 9-5.  Her daughters haven't said much on camera so far, but what we have heard is that they want mommy home more.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Tiffany isn't Wonder Woman -- she's a well educated woman who's got a paycheck job as an anesthesiologist in a hospital.  She's not doing the healing, she's anesthetizing the patient for someone else to do the healing.  But she presents herself to her children as if she's saving the fucking world every day. 

She has my deepest respect, and always will, for being an important medical doctor. You are quite right, she is an anesthesiologist for other surgeons and doctors. It is very important, and one of the best paid medical professions. However, she is there for a day or a surgery. I have had 10 surgeries (9 orthopedic) in the last 11 years and am about to have my 12th on March 2, total fusion of my lumbar spine. 

I do not know the names of my many anesthesiologists; however, I do know very well the names of all my surgeons, who are there from the beginning to the end and then some.

I did have one time where anesthesia gave me complications after the fact (as it did to others who had that anesthesiologist that same day).

Based upon up her husband’s comments, it seems like he wasn’t concerned about her income. I just think they have a lot of money between the two of them - more power to them.

Edited by Stats Queen

On 1/27/2021 at 2:24 PM, Starlight925 said:

D’Andra is absolutely beautiful in person, and has such kind mannerisms.  Jeremy is super cute in person too, and he has this kind, genuine smile. 
That being said, D’Andra is looking so over-Botoxed it’s ridiculous.  
On WWHL, she couldn’t move her face.  At all. 
Judging from her brother’s house/neighborhood, it was D’Andra who got all the goodies from the will.  It’s possible that of the two wills, it was decided that one superseded the other, rendering the one that left the brother anything void. 
The brother has to know all about her lifestyle.  He probably throws a shoe at the TV every time she’s on. 
Does Mama Dee keep in touch with him I wonder?  Is he her son?  I was too busy watching D’Andra’s face for any sign of movement to pay attention, if it was mentioned. 

D'Andra has referred to him as her brother and her step-brother.  She told us (don't remember which episode) that after her parents divorced, her father married again and they adopted a little boy who is D'Andra's what? Half brother, I guess?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1