Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: A Fork in the Road

• Start Topic

Chris has got to be thinking 'what the hell did I get myself into?' with Tammy. 

The look on Tammy's face when discussing Chris' weight loss said it all. 

Congrats Chris, she's all yours buddy lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

The professionals are going to have to think outside the box with helping Tammy.....she. needs some unconventional options to help her get some weight off quick......like hypnosis, acupuncture, medication, aversion therapy, etc.   A regular low carb, low calorie diet just isn’t something that she’s going to do.  Her survival seems dismal at this point.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Tammy seems so angry, and the fact that Chris lost weight didn't help.  I'm guessing she may feel really jealous of Chris and Amy, and now those two have something in common that excludes her.  Chris may be the only one who can get her on track and that probably consists of some tough love with a whole lot of positive reinforcement for any forward movement.  I see glimpses of her where she's very bright and personable, but the anger overshadows it. 

Unfortunately, I can relate and recognize some of the signs.  At least that's my internet assessment, FWIW.

• Love 12

First thing I learned in Al-Anon is people have the right to make the wrong decisions with their life. Tammy is choosing this.  It might be time for Amy and Chris to cut her loose.  She is more jealous of their weight loss than she's inspired by it. 

The sheer volume of food it would take to gain 50 pounds in one month is mind blowing.  Some of Dr. Now's best don't top those numbers. Who is bringing her this food? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

First thing I learned in Al-Anon is people have the right to make the wrong decisions with their life. Tammy is choosing this.  It might be time for Amy and Chris to cut her loose.  She is more jealous of their weight loss than she's inspired by it. 

The sheer volume of food it would take to gain 50 pounds in one month is mind blowing.  Some of Dr. Now's best don't top those numbers. Who is bringing her this food? 

As much as Tammy weighs though I’m sure that’s not 50lbs of fat, likely a lot of water retention as well. Bigger people tend to have bigger weight fluctuations in their daily life. 

On a normal scale, think about a 6’2 typically sized man, may stay in the same 10-12 lbs range just based on water/digestion etc, where a typical sized 5’3 woman may stay in the same 3-4lbs range with her menstrual cycle, digestion, etc. 

Other than that I don’t disagree. Chris and Amy love their sister but they have a right to put their own health and well being first. They don’t need that type of jealousy and bad vibes around them as they are trying to lose weight. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I won’t get to watch the episode until tonight and I’ve only seen one or two of their challenges on YouTube. Do they elaborate on what Tammy is eating? I’m guessing she’s eating a lot of Chinese food with Amy which we know is disastrous even if you don’t have high blood pressure and a weight problem.

I love it too but I only have it once every few months. I’ve definitely experienced heart palpitations and anxiety from too much sodium and you can pretty much forget about a good night’s sleep if you have too much msg.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

With regard to the first paragraph, a hearty amen!!!  You are spot on.  She is angry and not inspired.  

With regard to the second, I think Amy,  as Tammy makes her life miserable until Amy complies.  Best thing Amy can do is move then stay away.  But she won't because they are enmeshed.

And until Tammy quits seeing herself as a victim, she is doomed. COVID made her gain everything back.  No one understands her situation.  Blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

3 hours ago, Kid said:

With regard to the second, I think Amy as she makes her life miserable until Amy complies.  Best thing Amy can do is move then stay away.  But she won't because they are enmeshed.

But even Amy was surprised by all the candy wrappers in Tammy's trash can & wondered how Tammy obtained them. 

There has to be a tremendous amount of food entering Tammy's house for her to maintain a 597lb+ figure let alone gain an additional 50lbs more in only one month. 

The internet and grubhub are 2 likely suspects but wouldn't Amy & Michael have seen the constant deliveries? For context, a Big Mac is approx 550 calories. Tammy would need to eat 7-10 Big Macs a day extra to gain 50lbs in a month.

FWIW I think Jerry is a feeder and is also bringing Tammy food when he visits.

Edited by lulu69
Clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, cynicat said:

Tammy seems so angry, and the fact that Chris lost weight didn't help.  I'm guessing she may feel really jealous of Chris and Amy, and now those two have something in common that excludes her.  Chris may be the only one who can get her on track and that probably consists of some tough love with a whole lot of positive reinforcement for any forward movement.  I see glimpses of her where she's very bright and personable, but the anger overshadows it. 

Unfortunately, I can relate and recognize some of the signs.  At least that's my internet assessment, FWIW.

I agree.  I think that Chris and Amy's successes are going to make Tammy dig in with her refusal to follow the diet.  She is so sad, and now she is so alone.  She needs some new kind of help, and some companionship where jealousy/envy won't be a factor.

I wonder if the new doctor (sorry, bad at remembering names) could put together a support group of patients who are more like Tammy.  Tammy started out so much heavier than either Chris or Amy, and that's enough to disappoint her before she even started the program.  How about a group of 600+ patients, if they exist, who have failed over and over, who could talk to each other about the problems they are having, where every weigh-in is a contest where Tammy knows before she's weighed that she's lost?

What about a month at a special retreat--there was a British TV show about this, wasn't there?--where food intake is strictly controlled, and patients are encouraged to swim all day?  Where there are fashion shows of clothes that will fit and flatter them, of make-up and hair-styling sessions?  Anything to cheer these ladies up and give them some hope?

My heart continues to break for Tammy, and I'm afraid she's going to die before the end of this series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I agree but strict control is the biggest problem Tammy has with making changes. Nobody can tell her what to do because they ‘don’t understand what she’s going through’ (Tammy’s words) and consuming massive quantities of junk food is her only coping mechanism. She is dependent on it to survive mentally, and it’s killing her physically. Take that away and she thinks she has nothing. She’s so far gone that I don’t think anyone’s support can help her. She’d resent the other patients just as much as she resents Chris and Amy. I almost feel like she would need a medically induced coma to stop her, which costs a lot of money, I get that. My point is I don’t think any amount of voluntary treatment, therapy and support would work for Tammy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yes, Tammy is so hardwired for compulsive overeating.....it’s as if THAT is the most important thing to her.  Her survival doesn’t really seem that important the way she defends the food choices.  The reason I describe her as delusional is that she seems to think that she is eating a small amount of candy and that is actually ok for her.  In reality, she likely consumes huge amounts of candy PLUS huge amounts of carbs, protein, etc.   

I hope that I’m wrong and Tammy makes some progress towards better health, but she’s so adamant about not changing......I can’t see this going well for her.  I fear we’ll see headlines and it will include an obit.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chris seems to be doing okay, and seems to really want to get to a healthy weight. He might not need WLS, if he has the will to sustain a healthier lifestyle. WLS cuts out 90% of your stomach, along with the emphasis on protein, and nutrient absorption. I hope it's something he will consider; WLS is no joke.

• Love 5

It must be really frustrating for Tammy because poor Chris seemed so surprised that he lost 20+ pounds. Around a pound a day, I think?

I like Chris and hope that in real life he is as steady and supportive. Tammy needs him.

• Love 7

Tammy is firmly ensconced in her "victim" position among her family members.  She pushes them away but at the same time she manipulates them into supporting her.  No doubt they have many leftover childhood issues, all the more reason for Tammy to go to individual therapy on her own and then later, some sessions with Amy.  

• Love 6
On 1/26/2021 at 12:36 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

The professionals are going to have to think outside the box with helping Tammy.....she. needs some unconventional options to help her get some weight off quick......like hypnosis, acupuncture, medication, aversion therapy, etc.   A regular low carb, low calorie diet just isn’t something that she’s going to do.  Her survival seems dismal at this point.  

Putting her in the hospital, monitoring her food, à la Dr. Now, might work for her, or maybe a place where she could do water exercise, if she likes that, I'm afraid she going to get more and more angry, as Amy turns to other things.

• Love 5

I agree with everyone who thinks Tammy is jealous & angry. Everytime she does that side eye thing at someone I think that if she could actually move, she would try & hit them. I honestly can't feel sorry for her, because she did most of this to herself, she won't try to help herself, & she expects other people to take care of her & thinks it's her due to be taken care of. 

By the way, did you know Amy is pregnant? You would think she would mention it, wouldn't you? /s

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, GaT said:

I agree with everyone who thinks Tammy is jealous & angry. Everytime she does that side eye thing at someone I think that if she could actually move, she would try & hit them. I honestly can't feel sorry for her, because she did most of this to herself, she won't try to help herself, & she expects other people to take care of her & thinks it's her due to be taken care of. 

By the way, did you know Amy is pregnant? You would think she would mention it, wouldn't you? /s

Oh yeah, there is no way that I would try a drinking game with Amy mentioning that she is pregnant. I would be hospitalized with alcohol poisoning within the first 15 minutes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I felt bad for the new doctor when he came into the room and Tammy had the see through mask on.  If looks could kill he would be dead.  She needs to use a regular mask as the see through one does her no favors.

And yes I agree the look on Tammy's face when her brother actually lost weight was deadly too.  He did tell her in the car on the way to appointment he started eating a lot of fish instead of I am assuming burgers or something fattening.  All Tammy said was I don't like fish.  Well, that must be the ONLY thing she doesn't like apparently. 

She gained 50lbs in one month!  It would be very interesting to see who is bringing her food.  Amy did seem surprised at the amount candy wrappers so I don't think it is her.  Production?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I wonder if Tammy will start having an attitude with Chris now that he has lost weight.  She is absolutely miserable, bitter, salty, resentful, jealous.  She was likable at first, but is just so angry now.  I liked the way Tammy said that Chris is stricter than Amy.  It isn't Chris' responsibility to keep her on track.  She blames everyone else, it seems. 

Amy is likable in her talking heads when she gets serious.  I do hope she and her husband move away.  I like the way Tammy claims Amy doesn't help her much.  Amy should stop  helping her and then Tammy will see just how much Amy does help.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GaT said:

What?!?!?!?!? Amy is pregnant?!?!?!?! Where did you hear that? 

Amy: "I'm pregnant", "for the baby", "because of the baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "pregnant", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "pregnant", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby", "baby",  . . . . 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

The footage of Tammy getting into the van was sobering, especially compared to their last trip.  Also she was scowling at the new doctor so hard you could barely see her eyes 😬 

It's a shame they can't get her to the pool more often (if at all during Covid) because swimming gives her a little break from being so imprisoned in her own body.

I'm surprised Amy and Michael didn't go to the waterfall near Asheville like The 7 Little Johnstons plus Jonah's girlfriend who is too good for him and Whitney Thore 😄 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Mothra said:

I wonder if the new doctor (

I think maybe the doctor is Eric Smith. https://georgetownbariatricsadvancedsurgical.com/    

They mentioned going to Georgetown which is about 30 minutes outside of Lexington.  And then they mentioned Lexington so I thought they were going there.  This doctor has an office on Lexington St/RD/ave so I am almost certain he is the one.

I am not sure about the editing on the visit to the doctor, but it seems as if Chris jumped in front of Tammy with his discussion with the doctor about being a patient, and Tammy resented that plus the fact that Chris had the nerve to make some changes to his diet that resulted in weight loss.   They did a good job of foreshadowing a weight gain for Tammy, but I didn't expect it to be 50 pounds.  Wow!  I am very uncomfortable when I am 30 pounds overweight so I just cannot imagine how awful 650 pounds feels even if you spend most of your time sitting down.  At least Chris has the advantage of being up and moving.   I hope he is successful.

2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

All Tammy said was I don't like fish.  Well, that must be the ONLY thing she doesn't like apparently. 

Snort.  I needed a spray alert before I read that.  I just nearly choked on my tea.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

Her constant mentioning it is somewhat annoying but not at the level of certain cougars on 90DF who keep mentioning that their "fiances" are 27.    I do think Amy is so delighted at being pregnant she still finds it hard to believe, and her constant references are for her benefit.  I wish she had been disciplined enough to wait the two years that was recommended, and I wish she had the discipline not to eat so much bad food and blame it on the baby wanting it.  That makes me want to reach in and slap her.   I  would pay good money for a remote that had a button that allowed my to slap people on tv.

19 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

I'd like this show a lot more if Tammy and Amy could just drop the farting and belching and starting each sentence to each other with "Bitch."  Save that for their youtube fans, I'd really like to like them more, but these childish antics are a real put off, at least to me.  

Preach!! I was just going to say the same thing.  

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am not sure about the editing on the visit to the doctor, but it seems as if Chris jumped in front of Tammy with his discussion with the doctor about being a patient, and Tammy resented that plus the fact that Chris had the nerve to make some changes to his diet that resulted in weight loss.   They did a good job of foreshadowing a weight gain for Tammy, but I didn't expect it to be 50 pounds.  Wow!  I am very uncomfortable when I am 30 pounds overweight so I just cannot imagine how awful 650 pounds feels even if you spend most of your time sitting down.  At least Chris has the advantage of being up and moving.   I hope he is successful.

When I lost 20 lbs. I went to the store and picked up a 20 lb. bag of potatoes--it's an amazingly heavy weight to walk around with.  I'm not sure many of us could easily pick up 50 lbs., much less carry it around all day.  I think it was pretty obvious by just looking at her that Tammy had gained weight, though not that much.

I think about poor Tammy a lot, and I despair of her ever losing weight.  I wonder if, instead of giving her a diet to follow, the doctor gave her a list of the foods she likes best and what a normal serving is--like a single double cheeseburger with fries and shake, instead of four of them.  I know it would still be too much food, and someone of normal weight would definitely gain on that regimen, but it's got to be a lot less than Tammy's eating now, and if she stuck to a single normal serving for breakfast lunch and dinner--no matter what the food (like two/three eggs, two/three bacon, a couple of biscuits)--she'd lose some weight.  Not nearly 30 lbs/month, but what the girl needs now is success, any kind of success, or she's going to just give up and eat herself to death right now.

If it's not possible to have her every mouthful monitored, I think they ought to try to show her how she can eat the foods she likes, only in lesser quantities, and slowly, slowly lose weight.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Mothra said:

When I lost 20 lbs. I went to the store and picked up a 20 lb. bag of potatoes--it's an amazingly heavy weight to walk around with.  I'm not sure many of us could easily pick up 50 lbs., much less carry it around all day.  I think it was pretty obvious by just looking at her that Tammy had gained weight, though not that much.

I think about poor Tammy a lot, and I despair of her ever losing weight.  I wonder if, instead of giving her a diet to follow, the doctor gave her a list of the foods she likes best and what a normal serving is--like a single double cheeseburger with fries and shake, instead of four of them.  I know it would still be too much food, and someone of normal weight would definitely gain on that regimen, but it's got to be a lot less than Tammy's eating now, and if she stuck to a single normal serving for breakfast lunch and dinner--no matter what the food (like two/three eggs, two/three bacon, a couple of biscuits)--she'd lose some weight.  Not nearly 30 lbs/month, but what the girl needs now is success, any kind of success, or she's going to just give up and eat herself to death right now.

If it's not possible to have her every mouthful monitored, I think they ought to try to show her how she can eat the foods she likes, only in lesser quantities, and slowly, slowly lose weight.

I don't know I think that may be like telling an alcoholic that they can have one drink. The people who weight 600 pounds plus have so many issues both mental and physical that you need to have many different ways to help them. The first like any addiction is for tge to truly understand they have a problem,  not just mouth the words,  but to have both head and heart knowledge that they have a problem. That is why weight loss surgery has less than a 5% success rate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't know I think that may be like telling an alcoholic that they can have one drink. The people who weight 600 pounds plus have so many issues both mental and physical that you need to have many different ways to help them. The first like any addiction is for tge to truly understand they have a problem,  not just mouth the words,  but to have both head and heart knowledge that they have a problem. That is why weight loss surgery has less than a 5% success rate.

I'm not sure WLS is a good idea for Tammy because she would have to maintain her controlled diet after the surgery.  I don't even think she ought to have a goal weight.  She just needs to lose some weight, no matter how much, to save her life.  I think any weight loss, even the fifty pounds she was able to take off, is a big step toward not dying.

I take your point about comparing her to the alcoholic/one drink situation, but there has to be *something* that can be done for her--or ideally, that she can do for herself--to save her life.

She is so very psychologically enmeshed with her sister and the sister's weight loss--and at the beginning, the competition was overt and two-sided--that I suspect the only thing that can save her is to somehow get her to see that it's not a matter of winners and losers, but of her taking care of her health.

• Love 8

Regarding Amy, as tempting as it is I'm not going to rag on her for the constant baby talk. I've known others who suffered from infertility and when/if they finally get pregnant they want to talk about 24/7, shout it from the rooftops, etc... Annoying? You bet. But I'm willing to give Amy a pass on this. Now, the farting & burbing is another matter.

Tammy seems to have much deeper rooted emotional problems than Amy. I have to wonder if there was some add'l trauma or event that occurred to Tammy. She clearly needs intensive therapy, in-patient, if at all possible. I feel like despite what she says, Tammy does not want to be independent and is making damn sure she isn't by eating.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I  would pay good money for a remote that had a button that allowed my to slap people on tv.

I would sell all my possessions (except for the TV of course) for one of those.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I often think that for folks as big a Tammy it would make more sense to take a moderate approach to weight loss.  Work toward eating less and shift what they are eating without forcing an extreme diet.  She sees "diet" food as punishment.  Going from six billion calories a day to 1200 is a very difficult adjustment.  If she reduced her calorie intake by 20% she would start losing.  As she starts adjusting her diet, she could shift to more nutritious lower calorie foods without giving up everything.  Her cravings might then shift with her diet. I agree with your approach.  She needs a way to not feel deprived. 

It does make me think fo a time when Dr. Phil said to a young, overweight boy, "Maybe one cheeseburger is enough". David Letterman had a field day with that, saying Dr' Phil was "packing a spare 60" and should probably not be lecturing others.  That was when Dr. Phil decided to lose weight. Of course, Tammy is packing a spare 500 so maybe one cheeseburger is enough. 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I often think that for folks as big a Tammy it would make more sense to take a moderate approach to weight loss.  Work toward eating less and shift what they are eating without forcing an extreme diet.  She sees "diet" food as punishment.  Going from six billion calories a day to 1200 is a very difficult adjustment.  If she reduced her calorie intake by 20% she would start losing.  As she starts adjusting her diet, she could shift to more nutritious lower calorie foods without giving up everything.  Her cravings might then shift with her diet. I agree with your approach.  She needs a way to not feel deprived. 

I totally agree 100% with you! 

I understand that their weight and other health issues have prevented them from working outside of their home in the first place, but pandemic or not, the fact that Tammy and Amy don't work and are at home ALL DAY LONG has got to have a lot to do with their struggles. They have zero obligations or responsibilities to fulfill each day, which means they have nothing to look forward to nor do they have anything to take their minds off of food. They don't even have friends who drop in on them for a wee visit! I'm definitely aware that I tend to eat or snack more while I'm at home and/or bored. When I'm at work, I hardly have time to sit down and eat my lunch. 

I'm biased because I'm a teacher, but if they have enough time to make stupid videos on YouTube (don't get me started on how people think being a YouTuber or influencer is a "thing"!), they have time to take an online class, participate in some type of Zoom based support group(s) or take virtual tours of interesting locations in other countries. They need something to structure their days around and to take their minds off of food for an hour or two. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

I'm biased because I'm a teacher, but if they have enough time to make stupid videos on YouTube (don't get me started on how people think being a YouTuber or influencer is a "thing"!), they have time to take an online class, participate in some type of Zoom based support group(s) or take virtual tours of interesting locations in other countries. 

They are probably making money through YouTube videos, so that may be where their paychecks are coming from. I just checked, & they have almost 300,000 subscribers & I bet that number keeps growing because of the show, which of course, is also paying them. It's probably in their best interests (money wise) to dedicate themselves to the show & YouTube at this point.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, gaPeach said:

She gained 50lbs in one month!  It would be very interesting to see who is bringing her food.  Amy did seem surprised at the amount candy wrappers so I don't think it is her.  Production?  

Secret stash?  Might her fans mail her things?
  If production did it, that would be SO wrong.  I hope they didn't.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

They are probably making money through YouTube videos, so that may be where their paychecks are coming from. I just checked,& they have almost 300,000 subscribers & I bet that number keeps growing because of the show, which of course, is also paying them. It's probably in their best interests (money wise) to dedicate themselves to the show & YouTube at this point.

I just don't understand paying to see them, or Whitney Thore's exercise video, or even Dr. Pimple Popper.  There are enough similar things for free on youtube.
If it ain't free, I 'm not watching.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I just don't understand paying to see them, or Whitney Thore's exercise video, or even Dr. Pimple Popper.  There are enough similar things for free on youtube.
If it ain't free, I 'm not watching.

You don't pay to watch them, advertisers insert their ads into their videos & pay them for it,  or pay them to use their products in their videos.

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

But I thought I saw some that you paid, or said x number of "paid users." 

I've never seen that, but I guess YouTube could have channels you pay for. 

I can't handle watching this show.  I have zero sympathy for these two and I find them disturbing to watch on multiple levels.

However, I do come here to read up on them and to enjoy your comments. Keep'em coming! 

• Love 3

I wonder if we will ever get to see Amy's interaction with her ob/gyn to shed some light on what she's being told to do re: food and exercise while she's pregnant.  I wholly understand her joy in having her weight problem fade to the background during this time, but that's not really the case.  There are lots of reasons she should be watching what she's eating, even more than when she wasn't pregnant.

I agree with posters who are saying that the traditional Dr. Now/Procter  program isn't appropriate for Tammy.  She's not going to be able to follow such a strict diet, or even a not-so-strict diet, as they require.  She's not going to be able to reach some kind of weight goal that would put her near normal size.

At the immense size she is, though, she needs to lose a big chunk of her avoirdupois; maybe down to 300 or so would improve her health to the point where death isn't imminent.  I think it might help if she could be taught that just because she eats one (or two or three) candy bars, all is not lost.  Too many dieters give up after a slip-up and slide right into a binge, then give up on the diet completely.  She needs to learn to forgive herself and get on with life.  I found it helpful to ask myself "will this be available tomorrow?" and if it will be, to remind myself it will be there for me to eat the next day--I didn't have to eat it all today.

Does anybody have any hope at all for Tammy?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Not much.  I think Tammy needs to be in a controlled environment, with her food intake monitored daily.  Maybe a hospital or assisted living type of setting.  I don't think she can do it on her own, sadly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It doesn't seem fair that Chris got all the brains in the family.

6 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Not much.  I think Tammy needs to be in a controlled environment, with her food intake monitored daily.  Maybe a hospital or assisted living type of setting.  I don't think she can do it on her own, sadly.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm coming to. She needs some kind of food rehab where they keep her occupied all day. No one sends a heroin addict home to use 2 bags a day instead of 20. If they knew how to do that, they wouldn't be addicts.

• Love 5

From what I've read, when you reach a certain number of subscribers (people are just called subscribers, they don't pay) or followers on Youtube, and have a certain number of hours of video viewings,  you can make money with getting advertisers, and sponsors, and you can sell merchandise too.    

The unfortunate thing about Amy losing some weight and getting pregnant, is that she has now met her goal, and has no more incentive to keep with any program.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Mothra said:

I hate to write a human being off as hopeless but based on where Tammy's head is at currently, sadly I don't have high hopes for her.

Something has to change deep inside her. Chris was right when he said that it has to come from within you.

• Love 8
On 1/27/2021 at 5:11 AM, jacksgirl said:

The profile shots of Tammy getting her hair cut were truly frightening. Her face is almost unrecognizable as human. She looked like the guy from Mask.

827CF987-CE57-435F-89FD-C5269FDA6F2F.jpeg

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Something has to change deep inside her. Chris was right when he said that it has to come from within you.

I think this is true of anyone losing weight; something has to click inside their head (or heart, or stomach, or someplace) in order for any diet to work--and if someone could figure out how to trigger whatever it is, there's a billion zillion dollars to be made.

In somebody like Tammy, you'd think the prospect of Death just around the corner would do it for you, but apparently not.

I don't have hope for her partly because if through some miracle they got her to lose some--any--significant amount of weight, she'd put it right back on the minute the cameras left town.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

From what I've read, when you reach a certain number of subscribers (people are just called subscribers, they don't pay) or followers on Youtube, and have a certain number of hours of video viewings,  you can make money with getting advertisers, and sponsors, and you can sell merchandise too.    

The unfortunate thing about Amy losing some weight and getting pregnant, is that she has now met her goal, and has no more incentive to keep with any program.  

Yes- once you get x number of subscribers and x hours of watch time your YouTube can be monetized, which means Google pays you to play ads in your videos. There’s also affiliate marketing, merchandise, pateron etc. the sisters are well past that point with 300k subscribers. I’m sure they are making $1000s per month from their channel. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think caring for her baby will help Amy lose weight. I'm sure she'll want to be around to see him grow up. Amy realized how important her weight loss was when she went on vacation. She was able to enjoy herself which Tammy would not be able to do. I think Tammy needs individual therapy to cope with her obesity. 

• Love 2

More than once (it seems) Amy and Tammy have said things that imply that Tammy has some kind of financial advantage over Amy.  I can't recall specifics, but words like "because it's your money you think I have to wait on you" have been said.  Did Tammy get some kind of settlement or ongoing income stream that Amy doesn't? 

I know this has happened more than once because I had the distinct thought "there it is again" the last time it happened. Now I wonder if the show money has given Amy and her husband a get out of jail free card. 

• Useful 2