Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: A Fork in the Road

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, kassa said:

More than once (it seems) Amy and Tammy have said things that imply that Tammy has some kind of financial advantage over Amy.  I can't recall specifics, but words like "because it's your money you think I have to wait on you" have been said.  Did Tammy get some kind of settlement or ongoing income stream that Amy doesn't? 

I know this has happened more than once because I had the distinct thought "there it is again" the last time it happened. Now I wonder if the show money has given Amy and her husband a get out of jail free card. 

Maybe Amy is receiving compensation to care for Tammy? In my state, if a person meets certain medical criteria they can have a family member care for them as a home health aide and the family member will get paid for the work. I believe it's through SSDI but I may be wrong.

Actually, the more I think about it the more this makes sense with Tammy and Amy.

Edited by lulu69
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Maybe Amy is receiving compensation to care for Tammy? In my state, if a person meets certain medical criteria they can have a family member care for them as a home health aide and the family member will get paid for the work. I believe it's through SSDI but I may be wrong.

Actually, the more I think about it the more this makes sense with Tammy and Amy.

Yes. That's the way it is in (Orange County) California. You can be a relative or a friend and if SSI/SSDI approves the need for a caregiver  that person will get paid to be a caregiver for the SSI/SSDI recipient. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

It was previously mentioned on the show that Amy has a disability related to her sight.  It has never been stated that Tammy is considered disabled or that she is eligible for any benefits.  Obesity itself, including morbid obesity, does not qualify her as disabled.  Therefore we should not make any assumptions regarding any government benefits being received.  It is off topic for this show unless something is explicitly stated on the program. 

• Love 2

Tammy has more to give up than food. She has people waiting on her. Everything is done on her terms. Most of us don't experience anything close to that in day-to-day life. 

Addicts don't like their addiction buddies getting healthy because they know that the relationship will change.

Amy and Michael need to work on their own co-dependency before the baby arrives. 

• Love 6

I just watched part of the episode with Tammy and her brother (?) at the new doctors office for their consultation. Tammy's arms have gotten so huge. They look like legs. I hope she doesn't die before she gives herself a chance to lose some weight.

I put off watching this show for a while.  But I think Chris has been such a natural and good addition to the show.  

Its so rare that any show or duo can introduce a new cast member so effortlessly.  But they made it work. 

On 1/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, SevenCostanza said:

20 pounds.

LOL, he didn't realize how much of a workout it was to push Tammy around. 

• Love 2