Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Re: Nick Cannon:

On the one hand, while he does keep impregnating women, at least he's kept impregnating the same women.  While he may have 12 children (has #12 been born yet?  Not that I really care...), there's only 6 baby mamas: Mariah and the other five.

On the other hand, in this year, the 5 ladies in Nick's harem of mothers who aren't Mariah were all some stage of pregnancy at the same time.

Here's a couple of charts in a Reddit thread that shows all the above:

Since there's been so much talk about this Nick guy, I would like to share that in my country, we have a politician who has also had recently his 12th child and it's with 10 different women. He's also very vocal about being for "traditional family" (read: anti LGBT+), so it can be worse (although it's also a great well for comedians).

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

Since there's been so much talk about this Nick guy, I would like to share that in my country, we have a politician who has also had recently his 12th child and it's with 10 different women. He's also very vocal about being for "traditional family" (read: anti LGBT+), so it can be worse (although it's also a great well for comedians).

For some reason I’m hearing Yakov Smirnoff in my head. Not that those of us in this Nick guy’s country have any standing to feel superior at all. 

After deliberating for nearly three days, the jury hearing the case against actor Danny Masterson told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Charlaine Olmedo it has not been able to unanimously agree on a decision regarding any of the three rape counts against the 46-year-old actor. 

The judge has not issued a mistrial as of yet.

jury-danny-masterson-rape-trial-deadlocked

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Theranos's Elizabeth Holmes sentenced to more than 11 years in federal prison

I know she's not exactly a celebrity but since there have been documentaries and at least one movie made about her that has been discussed here I thought this was relevant.  And may I add GOOD, glad she got a serious sentence and not the slap on the wrist her defense wanted.

I've seriously wondered if she got pregnant again because she thought a baby would keep her out of prison.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I absolutely believe she did. And she's been given an extremely privileged span of time before actually being incarcerated. She was convicted in January, sentenced now in November, and doesn't actually have to report to jail until April. That's over a year. Absurd. All the while spending her time in her multi-million dollar mansion with her multi-millionaire husband.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

For what she did 11 years is nothing. 

I'm sure she and her lawyers will will come up with something before her april date to try and delay it further. 

And yes she obviously became pregnant between the time of conviction and now. What a great story that will make for her child one day. 

What a lying, deceitful human being 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I absolutely believe she did. And she's been given an extremely privileged span of time before actually being incarcerated. She was convicted in January, sentenced now in November, and doesn't actually have to report to jail until April. That's over a year. Absurd. All the while spending her time in her multi-million dollar mansion with her multi-millionaire husband.

I also believe the pregnancy was planned, but maybe for another reason.  Holmes is 38 years old.  If she serves her sentence, she will be nearly 50 when she is released.  I am sure her attorneys, while requesting leniency for her, also made her aware that, realistically, she was going to serve time in prison and that it was quite possible she'd be taken directly to the pokey at the end of her sentencing.  If that happened, her opportunity to have a second child at all would very likely be gone forever.  Not that I think women facing long prison sentences should leave behind young children to be raised in their absence; but, she is married to a rich guy who has more than enough money to hire help to help tend to their children until she is released.  He's also got the dough to appeal and try to get her out if a new trial is ordered.  I don't begrudge her or anyone else having kids if they want them and can care for them.  Not that I think it is particularly fair to the kids in question, but people have had children in worse circumstances.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Elizabeth Holmes darn well did get pregnant a second time in a bid for leniency.   She conveniently had a newborn when her trial started.   This is someone who said "Pretty girls like me don't go to jail."   This is also someone who lies and manipulates situations to get what they want.   Those kids are just props to her.

I am okay with 11 years, 3 months.   It was a LOT more than I thought it would be.   Because its federal, there is no time off for good behavior.   She is serving at least 80 percent of that.   Plus as a convicted felon she can NEVER sit on a board of corporation again.  Her ability to scam once she gets out will be limited.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Elizabeth Holmes darn well did get pregnant a second time in a bid for leniency.   She conveniently had a newborn when her trial started.   This is someone who said "Pretty girls like me don't go to jail."   This is also someone who lies and manipulates situations to get what they want.   Those kids are just props to her.

I am okay with 11 years, 3 months.   It was a LOT more than I thought it would be.   Because its federal, there is no time off for good behavior.   She is serving at least 80 percent of that.   Plus as a convicted felon she can NEVER sit on a board of corporation again.  Her ability to scam once she gets out will be limited.

I was trying to find how much time she had to serve with the 11 year sentence. Thanks. None of the articles, or I should say nine of the variations of the same article in every paper, mentioned it.  Thought it was 75 percent. 

So 9 years minimum. Actually 9 years is what her parole review or whatever recommended so maybe that's the basis. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I was trying to find how much time she had to serve with the 11 year sentence. Thanks. None of the articles, or I should say nine of the variations of the same article in every paper, mentioned it.  Thought it was 75 percent. 

So 9 years minimum. Actually 9 years is what her parole review or whatever recommended so maybe that's the basis. 

I only know because of the discussion over the Duggar threads about Josh's conviction.   I seem to remember the term 80% thrown around.   But I didn't personally go back and check.   So 75-80% could be right.   it's still plenty of time.   I would have been happy with a year.   because the jail time doesn't matter.   It's the CONVICTED FELON part that does to me.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I only know because of the discussion over the Duggar threads about Josh's conviction.   I seem to remember the term 80% thrown around.   But I didn't personally go back and check.   So 75-80% could be right.   it's still plenty of time.   I would have been happy with a year.   because the jail time doesn't matter.   It's the CONVICTED FELON part that does to me.

Yes I know I heard it too somewhere recently but I don't recall which case specifically or the exact figure.  I remember because I thought it was around 50% but for federal sentences specifically I saw where it is much higher. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

It’s 85% for federal sentences. Roughly 9 years and 7 months for her. 

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Plus she can't vote (at least not while serving a federal sentence or while on parole), and can't possess a firearm.  So the wealthy husband will only have to keep an eye on the cutlary and explosive devices when she does return.

I don’t even think they’re married.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

They got married with little fanfare back in 2019.

Journalists have checked, there is no record of a marriage license anywhere in the State of California.   As she was under indictment I doubt she was allowed to travel to Vegas.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Journalists have checked, there is no record of a marriage license anywhere in the State of California.   As she was under indictment I doubt she was allowed to travel to Vegas.

As per an article in Women's Health, his family didn't/doesn't approve of the relationship. (Shocking, yeah?) They own a bunch of resorts or something, so he comes from money originally and didn't have to scam a bunch of people outright to get rich. Speculation is that he's footing her legal bills because all of her money was seized by the Feds.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As per an article in Women's Health, his family didn't/doesn't approve of the relationship. (Shocking, yeah?)

But didn't his dad show up at jury selection for her trial and was chatting up journalists like he was just Joe from down the block?   then why they found out who he was, he just smiled and laughed?   I'm thinking putting one over on people is not unknown to Billy's family.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
On 11/19/2022 at 9:53 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

In the federal system, it is 54 days GCT (good conduct time) per year of sentence imposed by the court.  This equals almost 15%.   It does not apply to sentences of 1 year or less, which is why a sentence of 1 year rarely is imposed.  If someone is going to be sentenced to 1 year, the sentence is usually 1 year and 1 day, so the defendant is eligible for GCT.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Join the club, dude.  Having the genes and having the genes expressed are two different things.  It's not like he can stop it if it's going to happen, so is he going to freak out for the next 50 years?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Join the club, dude.  Having the genes and having the genes expressed are two different things.  It's not like he can stop it if it's going to happen, so is he going to freak out for the next 50 years?

Well, he only recently found out, so I'm willing to give him a little while to freak out.

• Like 6
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

I think it is perfectly understandable if he is freaked out right now but that’s not why he is taking a break. It’s because he wants to spend more time with his family. 

"Then you start talking about kids and family and going, 'Oh my God, they're getting older, they're growing up and I keep slapping another movie on top of another movie,' " he said. "Before you know it, they're 18 and they've moved out of house, and I missed the window."

Hemsworth also said he's become more comfortable turning down projects and is taking "a more curated approach" to his job selection.

"If something's going to pull me away from my family and my kids, it's got to be a positive, constructive, collaborative experience," he said, adding, "I'm not talking about retiring by any means."

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I think it is perfectly understandable if he is freaked out right now but that’s not why he is taking a break. It’s because he wants to spend more time with his family

See this is I’m we need to read the whole article and not just jump the gun with clickbait headlines.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

See this is why I’m we need to read the whole article and not just jump the gun with clickbait headlines.

Especially since Bruce Willis just did almost the same thing due to his aphasia diagnosis, because that's the first thing I thought of. Hemsworth may only have the markers for Alzheimer's, but he isn't even forty yet and his kids are still kids. If the worst does happen, they'll all regret not taking time for reflection and family togetherness later.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Especially since Bruce Willis just did almost the same thing due to his aphasia diagnosis

I also thought of Bruce Willis and see nothing to criticize about Hemsworth reevaluating his priorities and taking some time off with his family after receiving that news. To me, it sounds like his priorities are in the right place. 

Unfortunately, my read on the Willis situation was that his condition has now become quite advanced and his retirement was necessitated by that rather than being proactive because he wanted to enjoy time with his family before that happened. He couldn't even release a statement on his own behalf, and there has been talk for years about how he was struggling with simple lines. :( 

Edited by Zella
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Chris' siblings also need to be tested, they have 100% the same genetic heritage although might not have inherited two copies of those genes as Chris did. Better to find out now. My cousin's wife died almost a year ago of a very rare early-onset form of dementia. She had maybe a year after the diagnosis before she was unable to comprehend or communicate anything. This woman who had a been a doctor reduced to an unpiloted body that had to be watched at every moment. Her brain was already heavily affected by the time she was diagnosed and she didn't get to take that time with her family.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 18
  • Love 2

I'm sort of curious to know if laws have been put in place to deal with these new technological devices such as air tags, etc.  I too find the use of these things for the purpose of stalking to be frightening, but I sort of wish that Xzibit would have kept silent until the person(s) responsible could be tracked and questioned.  Hopefully, there is a law broken here, perhaps stalking statutes?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm sort of curious to know if laws have been put in place to deal with these new technological devices such as air tags, etc.  I too find the use of these things for the purpose of stalking to be frightening, but I sort of wish that Xzibit would have kept silent until the person(s) responsible could be tracked and questioned.  Hopefully, there is a law broken here, perhaps stalking statutes?

In my state, stalking includes following, monitoring, surveilling, etc. by any electronic means for no legal purpose.  There are some exceptions for private investigators.  But, what if you don’t realize you’re being tracked?  

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh man….I do feel for her.  A hand injury is tough.  I had a terrible infection in just one finger and the pain was indescribable.  I also had nerve damage and it took a year to heal, leaving permanent numbness.  Plus, she had the mental trauma from the attack. I wonder why they didn’t charge the man who assaulted her.  

• Sad 7

https://www.thecut.com/2022/11/christina-ricci-sold-chanel-bags-divorce.html

Though [Christina Ricci] didn’t go into detail about her first marriage, the actor hinted that her 2020 divorce and custody battle took a lot out of her, both emotionally and financially. “Certain traumas in life go along with financial traumas, extended court situations, custody situations, fighting restraining orders,” she reportedly told the Sunday Times Style magazine in a profile published on Sunday. She explained that she used to have “quite a Chanel handbag collection” but “sold a lot of things,” implying that she simply did what she needed to do to fund her multiple court battles. “I’m absolutely fine, there’s no issue,” she clarified. “I learnt to use these investment pieces in different ways. I also had a Chanel Fine Jewelry collection that I put to good use.”

Ricci and Heerdegen split in July 2020 amid allegations of domestic abuse, with Ricci being granted an emergency protective order against her ex. She was later awarded full custody of their son, Freddie, and was granted a restraining order against Heerdegen in January of 2021. As reported by People at the time, Ricci’s filings for a restraining order alleged “severe physical and emotional abuse,” which Heerdegen denied.

Speaking with the Sunday Times, Ricci alluded to her marriage to Heerdegen, saying, “It took me a long time to admit to myself what was going on, what it should be called. Denial is very strong.” She added that, while she isn’t ready to go into detail about what happened, she felt it was important to share what she could, including how she funded her divorce and legal proceedings. “I tell my story because I know that, having been in situations like the one I was in, I searched for success stories, stories of people who could get out, could get over it and just be okay.” She continued, “I do think it is important that we have examples for other women — that as scary as it is, changing your life and saving yourself is the only choice.”

• Like 2
  • Love 5