Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 9/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, merylinkid said:

You really don't want to be in charge of that estate.   Because you are going to have to deal with the lawsuit from the car accident that killed her.   the homeowner can sue the estate.  

I would be going "nope, not me, she didn't apoint me, you do it."

Yeah, I'm really surprised James Tupper wasn't like, "Alright, Homer, go ahead- it's all yours!" I really cannot picture her estate being worth that much unless she was REALLY good at investing money- her days as a promising ingenue happened 25 years ago. I can't imagine there's much left, if anything, when everything gets settled. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah, I'm really surprised James Tupper wasn't like, "Alright, Homer, go ahead- it's all yours!" I really cannot picture her estate being worth that much unless she was REALLY good at investing money- her days as a promising ingenue happened 25 years ago. I can't imagine there's much left, if anything, when everything gets settled. 

Looking at the details of his filing it seems more like he is trying to stop Heche’s older son from getting control. If anything he says is true I could see why he is fighting. He claims that Homer has locked Atlas out of Heche’s apartment, is refusing to to let Atlas get his belongings and that he is concerned her apartment may have been emptied. Homer is also requested that a guardian ad litem be appointed for Atlas. 

I happen to agree with every post regarding Nick Cannon and his now infamous dick, but I'm also curious about the women who are seeking said dick.

I wonder if some (if not all) of the women want a family, but don't necessarily want to get married and/or have a man around the house. Instead of going to a sperm bank, and not really knowing who the donor is, as well as the donor's medical history, etc...they have chosen to have someone they know father their child/ren. 

And if Nick takes care of kids financially and gives them love/emotional support, while not cramping the mother's style, it's a win-win situation for all concerned. 

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I wonder if some (if not all) of the women want a family, but don't necessarily want to get married and/or have a man around the house. Instead of going to a sperm bank, and not really knowing who the donor is, as well as the donor's medical history, etc...they have chosen to have someone they know father their child/ren. 

And if Nick takes care of kids financially and gives them love/emotional support, while not cramping the mother's style, it's a win-win situation for all concerned. 

The first part may be true, but re the bolded, financially yeah probably/maybe, but gives love/emotional support..not sure if that part will happen. Another absent father ala Kody Brown (18 kids Sister Wives)...not  cramping the mother's style...(ie not taking responsibility for hands on care and being present for the child)...  It just makes me feel so sad for the children.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Interesting that he has chosen an all French cast. 

Could it be because the cast are unable to read the original English language accounts of the accusations levied against Mr. Allen and his sometime inappropriate musings?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Could it be because the cast are unable to read the original English language accounts of the accusations levied against Mr. Allen and his sometime inappropriate musings?

That did cross my mind. As well as any American stars might/would get fallout from working with him and they don’t want to risk their future earnings. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Not really.   Kids need 2 parents (unless one parent is abusive, addicted to drug/alchol).   Its really not in their best interest to just have one parent show up for the fun stuff like birthdays and holidays while the other parent is stuck doing the day to day work like homework, getting up for school, etc.   If the moms are doing it because either they WANT to be a single parent or for dollars, they aren't doing their kids any favors either.   But as far as I can tell, most of them aren't celebrities so ragging on them doesn't fit this forum.   Which leaves Nick -- who can wrap it up thank you very much.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I seriously doubt Allen is picking a French cast because they can't speak English. I think he is picking them because historically the French have tended to shrug off the accusations against him and Polanski. 

It was only a couple of years ago that the Cesars, the French Oscars, gave Polanski an award. It did prompt some French actresses to leave the theater in protest, but the overall tone from French filmmaking circles has been they don't want to get into conversations about people's personal lives, even if those discussions involve serious allegations, as long as they are making art.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I happen to agree with every post regarding Nick Cannon and his now infamous dick, but I'm also curious about the women who are seeking said dick.

I would say they're looking for a paycheck. I'm sure Nick isn't just giving them child support, he's giving them money to support whatever lifestyle they have.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, anyone who cannot recognize the arrogance of Woody Allen is either intellectually challenged or simply not paying attention.

I always hated his awkward shy schtick. And that was what it was.  Schtick.  I only watched him in one movie.  Scenes from a Mall with Bette Midler.  He was playing himself. I never understood how he ever had women interested in him.  Not physically attractive. Lousy personality.  Just all around icky.  And once we found out about Soon Yi and Dylan it just made it more icky.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Love 8
On 9/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, Dani said:

Looking at the details of his filing it seems more like he is trying to stop Heche’s older son from getting control. If anything he says is true I could see why he is fighting. He claims that Homer has locked Atlas out of Heche’s apartment, is refusing to to let Atlas get his belongings and that he is concerned her apartment may have been emptied. Homer is also requested that a guardian ad litem be appointed for Atlas. 

I believe CA, like many states, has laws to protect Widows and surviving minor children, so they get funds from the estate off the top before it goes to anyone else. So, her younger son would likely take that way, before anyone else gets anything.  In my state, the cap on that is $60,000.  I’m not sure about CA.  But, ref the older son being the Executor….he would need to pass a credit check and be able to post a professional bond as a fiduciary.  They look at income and credit score.  

• Useful 5
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I believe CA, like many states, has laws to protect Widows and surviving minor children, so they get funds from the estate off the top before it goes to anyone else. So, her younger son would likely take that way, before anyone else gets anything.  In my state, the cap on that is $60,000.  I’m not sure about CA.

That’s great but it sounds like the concern is what the older son is doing immediately given he has sole access to her property. Concerns over estates are more than financial. 

13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

But, ref the older son being the Executor….he would need to pass a credit check and be able to post a professional bond as a fiduciary.  They look at income and credit score.  

I’m in California and none of that was necessary with either of my parents estates. 

42 minutes ago, Dani said:

That’s great but it sounds like the concern is what the older son is doing immediately given he has sole access to her property. Concerns over estates are more than financial. 

I’m in California and none of that was necessary with either of my parents estates. 

If the decedent has a Will, the Will may have a provision that says, My Executor may serve without bond.  It was my understanding Anne didn’t have a Will.  I’ve never known of Probate court not requiring a bond otherwise, unless all beneficiaries waive it.  Perhaps, CA is different.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 4

The latest incident of Hollywood philandering comes to us via an Instagram model named Sumner Stroh, who earlier today made a TikTok claiming that she and Adam Levine had a year-long affair. [...] If you do not follow the love lives of Maroon 5 members, Adam Levine is married to Behati Prinsloo, a Victoria’s Secret model. [...] Two weeks ago the couple confirmed that they were expecting their third baby together. In her video, Stroh shared a screenshot of Levine reaching out (after months of not talking) asking if she would be okay with him naming the baby Sumner if it was a boy. 

“Ok serious question,” the message read. “I’m having another baby and if it’s w [sic] boy I really wanna name it Sumner. You ok with that? DEAD serious.” I assume the gender swapping was a clever attempt to cover his tracks — if anyone asked, he could always say he was incredibly inspired by the business savvy of media tycoon Sumner Redstone.

“I’m in hell, I have to be in hell at this point,” Stroh said while sharing the screenshot. I must agree. I feel bad for all parties except Levine, who is currently in a hell of his own making. DMs from your verified Instagram account? What did you think was going to happen, king?

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/instagram-model-sumner-stroh-alleges-affair-with-adam-levine

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2

Ew. Poor Behati. I would be devastated. This is embarrassing. 
When will people learn that indiscreet affairs are mostly a thing of the past? Now the side fling will air your ass out on social media for clout the minute its over.  In this case, it sounds like he wanted to get caught, because why message her on social media? Again, poor Behati. I can’t even imagine how she must feel. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I would love to say this news about Adam Levine is shocking but well, that would be a lie. Adam has always given me egotistical, very in love with himself douche vibes. I got that impression from Maroon 5 videos when they first broke out. 

Much as I loved the Songs about Jane album (still do actually), it wasn't hard to miss that every single video featured a shirtless Adam rolling around with a half naked model. Seriously, almost every single video.

And I know that may seem a silly reason to some but for me, it told me a lot about Adam Levine and not something good. Like it just eventually seemed so gratuitously "look how hot I am..." It's the equivalent of that guy with the million shirtless selfies. Yeah no, hard pass on that. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Well crap.  I don’t listen to his music, but I have always liked Adam after hearing the mom tell her story about her child with special needs who became overwhelmed when meeting him and had to lie down on the floor; without missing a beat Adam said lying down was a great idea and the whole band lay with him and got the photo that way.  I’m still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it isn’t looking good.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

So we're all just assuming the accusations about Adam Levine are true just because some internet "model" says so?  Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, and I don't really care either way, but I'm not making assumptions.

Well, per his own wishy-washy statement, he's not really denying anything she said. He says it wasn't an affair but admits to talking to someone and "crossing the line" and the conversation becoming "inappropriate" and he does a lot of groveling toward his wife. It's hardly the words of a man who is claiming he's being falsely accused or slandered. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12

Men (and women) cheat all the time.  That isn't surprising (at least to me).  But it's that he allegedly left a digital trail.   He never once thought she might keep receipts?  And let's not let her off the hook.  She showed things to friends and when one was trying to sell said things she decides to put the story out there herself.  As others have mentioned I feel sorry for his wife.  Being cheated on hurts but to have it become public knowledge is humiliating.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9

The Adam Levine mess is just trashy from top to bottom.  He of course is horrible for cheating on his wife and have the appalling lack of tact to want to name his child after his mistress?  Yikes?  Who even does that?  His poor wife. 

Mistress is trashy for publicizing it and trying to pass it off as being the victim of 'moral manipulation' and being 'young and naive.'  If there abuse, a lack of consent or she was underaged, then that is one thing and yes,  she is a victim.  But this was not one of those things.  It was an entire ass affair.  And Girlfriend was an entire ass college graduate and aged 21.  Just stop it. 

Also if supposedly a friend was trying to shop around screen shots of the DMs then there were so many other ways to have handled this without going on Tik Tok.  Oh well I am sure she'll get more followers because ultimately that is her job.

Just trashy all around.

• Like 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Oh well I am sure she'll get more followers because ultimately that is her job.

And probably 100% why she did all this. I had no clue she existed before this, not that I care, I'll forget she existed a minute or two after I leave this thread, but I'm sure her ultimate goal was recognition because in the social media age people are just brands now, and your brand won't sell if no one knows who you are. 

She was smart to go after a guy who comes across as a total horndog. He was a sure bet. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

She was smart to go after a guy who comes across as a total horndog. He was a sure bet. 

On that note...

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/adam-levine-crushed-under-avalanche-of-his-own-stupid-dms

[...] more women are now coming out of the woodwork to share DMs Levine sent them from his verified Instagram account. Idiot.

According to TMZ, a woman named Maryka shared undated screenshots of her messages with the Maroon 5 frontman today, including a long back and forth about her butt. “Watching your ass jiggle on that table will permanently scar me,” Levine allegedly wrote. “I’d do anything for it. I’d buy it a steak dinner and whisper sweet nothings into it.” Later, he allegedly added, “I may need to see the booty.”

To complicate matters further, Levine also allegedly talked to Maryka about the new baby he’s expecting with Prinsloo. “I’m having another baby,” he allegedly wrote. “Wifey pregnant! And I’m having a BOY. And I’m naming him Zea. He will be a badass.”

This is a man who apparently loves to talk to other women about baby names.

TMZ reports that another woman named Alyson Yosef shared DMs she got from Levine, too, including one in which he allegedly wrote, “I shouldn’t be talking to you, you know?” before calling her a “hot chick.”

This is probably just the beginning, and naturally, Levine is attempting to do damage control. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

He sounds like a man in the middle of a mid-life crisis. If I were his wife, I would take my kids and leave him to his Instagram models.I can’t imagine staying with a man who is actually telling his potential mistresses that he will name our unborn child after them. That is so beyond the pale.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

He sounds like a man in the middle of a mid-life crisis. If I were his wife, I would take my kids and leave him to his Instagram models.I can’t imagine staying with a man who is actually telling his potential mistresses that he will name our unborn child after them. That is so beyond the pale.

He was also bitching about his wife and kids to her. . . . 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 5
On 9/17/2022 at 6:35 AM, Blergh said:

Oh, and just because Mr. Cannon can find others willing to play whatever games with him doesn't mean he has to keep playing said games.

*gasps, clutches pearls*

You can't be suggesting he behave responsibly, can you? It would violate the autonomy of his dick to not make as many babies as it possibly can, and never mind what happens once the kids are actually born. What matters here are Nick's rights!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And probably 100% why she did all this. I had no clue she existed before this, not that I care, I'll forget she existed a minute or two after I leave this thread, but I'm sure her ultimate goal was recognition because in the social media age people are just brands now, and your brand won't sell if no one knows who you are. 

Who?

Agreed, she's as generic as they come.  Or are manufactured.  This will be the single defining event of her life.  Then it's back to being the nobody she was before trying to be a somebody.  Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Emily Ratajowski calls out blaming 'the other woman.'

"I don't understand why we continue to blame women for men's mistakes, especially when you're talking about 20-something year old women dealing with men in positions of power who are twice their age," said Ratajkowski in her post.

"The power dynamic is so skewed, it's ridiculous," she added. "Like, it's predatory, it's manipulative, I can't imagine."...

If you're the one in the relationship, you're the one who's obligated to be loyal," Ratajkowski continued on TikTok. "So, the whole 'other woman, they're to blame' [critique]? That's bad and it's literally designed to keep women apart."

"I think a huge problem in our culture right now is we just say, 'Oh men are monsters, they're terrible, they're horrible,' " Ratajkowski added in a follow-up video. "We don't hold [men] accountable and then we blame other women and we ask women to adjust their behavior, instead of just saying men need to change their behavior. It's sexism. It's classic misogyny. Period."

Edited by Vermicious Knid
Fucking tablets
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The woman isn't responsible for Adam's choices or maintaining fidelity in his marriage.

But you don't have to be an old adult to know that jumping into bed with a married man is asking for trouble. Especially if he's famous. People make choices they know are wrong all the time but I don't think they're absolved from judgment just because their affair partner is older and more wrong.

I'm sensitive to power differentials that men can use to manipulate and exploit but I'm not going to disempower 20-something women by bending to the notion that I can't hold her responsible for her choices too.  

In other words, she did dumb shit.  She advertised her dumb shit. She's young and I don't particularly care that she did dumb shit but she can absolutely miss me with her victim ish.*

*Now, more might come out about the actual dynamics but, from what I've heard, I ain't seeing it. 

So I agree with Emily that there is still a lot of "oh he's just a man, of course he can't control himself." I don't get women who think other women (especially younger ones) are all these evil temptresses these poor guys can't help but resist. On the opposite side, I also detest the true infantilizing of women. There is absolutely a difference between a much older man of power and a 20-something without a whole lot of experience. But as someone who was in her 20s not so long ago (and an admittedly naive one at that), they're not children either. There is some obvious right and wrong. 

7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Em Rata has the worst "feminist" takes. I've stopped listening to her.

Are there any celebs who have good feminist takes? I will be forever grateful for the feminists who fought for me to have all the rights I have today. I can't with the "sex positive" feminists who think I should feel empowered by Kim K or Cardi B, or Alyssa Milano who talks like she must live in Saudi Arabia. I don't follow Emily super closely. I'm sure she's been through a lot due to the industry she's in and her looks. I've experienced harassment just working office jobs, so I can't imagine being in her shoes. If anyone has harassed her (like Robin Thicke), I'm all for her calling them out. But based on what I've heard, her brand of feminism is glorifying sex work and wanting boobies out, right? That stuff totally turns me off from modern feminism. I get fighting for reproductive rights, but it's silly to me to hear about not having equal rights period. It comes across as if we can't drive, go to school, vote, work, etc. The wage gap isn't exactly what it's said to be. I do not are if someone refers to me as a girl instead of a woman. I care that a 22-year-old woman in Iran just died in custody for breaking hijab laws. That is what breaks my heart and what I wish I heard more feminists talk about. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Are there any celebs who have good feminist takes?

Short answer, no.  To expound a bit, many celebs fail at intersectionality with their feminist takes.  Some like Emma Watson are almost there though.  I will give her credit for trying to think outside of herself because it's hard at times.  We all have blindspots.  The best thing we can do is learn from our mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The woman isn't responsible for Adam's choices or maintaining fidelity in his marriage.

But you don't have to be an old adult to know that jumping into bed with a married man is asking for trouble. Especially if he's famous. People make choices they know are wrong all the time but I don't think they're absolved from judgment just because their affair partner is older and more wrong.

I'm sensitive to power differentials that men can use to manipulate and exploit but I'm not going to disempower 20-something women by bending to the notion that I can't hold her responsible for her choices too.  

In other words, she did dumb shit.  She advertised her dumb shit. She's young and I don't particularly care that she did dumb shit but she can absolutely miss me with her victim ish.*

*Now, more might come out about the actual dynamics but, from what I've heard, I ain't seeing it. 

Agreed. I don't think there is any inherent contradiction in thinking he is a piece of shit who is solely responsible for his cheating while also not having any sympathy for her. People who knowingly cheat with married people shouldn't be demonized as the sole problem because yes the married person is the one who is responsible for being faithful, but I also think it is gross and trashy as well as stupid. She's not a victim here anymore than he is. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I don't think there is any inherent contradiction in thinking he is a piece of shit who is solely responsible for his cheating while also not having any sympathy for her. People who knowingly cheat with married people shouldn't be demonized as the sole problem because yes the married person is the one who is responsible for being faithful, but I also think it is gross and trashy as well as stupid. She's not a victim here anymore than he is. 

I agree with this.  Sumner and the other women coming forward knew he was married.  They could have said sorry not interested in anything inappropriate.  How long before we get the "I'm a sex addict or some shit" statement from Levine?  After this his life will go on. His marriage might not though.  But these women?  As @SnapHappy said this is going to be what Sumner is remembered for.  

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I will be forever grateful for the feminists who fought for me to have all the rights I have today. I can't with the "sex positive" feminists who think I should feel empowered by Kim K or Cardi B,

I'm 54 so I'm not sure which feminist wave I am a part of.  I'm all about sex positivity.  However I don't think it should be what a woman wants to be known for or expected to be.  Kim K might be doing some good things but most people will always know her as the celeb who had a sex tape, or the celeb with that big ass, or the celeb who was married to Kanye.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I agree with this.  Sumner and the other women coming forward knew he was married.  They could have said sorry not interested in anything inappropriate.  How long before we get the "I'm a sex addict or some shit" statement from Levine?  After this his life will go on. His marriage might not though.  But these women?  As @SnapHappy said this is going to be what Sumner is remembered for.  

I'm 54 so I'm not sure which feminist wave I am a part of.  I'm all about sex positivity.  However I don't think it should be what a woman wants to be known for or expected to be.  Kim K might be doing some good things but most people will always know her as the celeb who had a sex tape, or the celeb with that big ass, or the celeb who was married to Kanye.  

I’m also 54 and you just took the words right out of my mouth. Kim Kartrashian is NOT a feminist by any definition I’ve ever known. Making appealing to the male gaze THE most important thing in your life is not feminist. She will always be known first and foremost as a porn star who married up. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm fine with blaming BOTH parties equally.  The other woman is just as responsible.

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't get women who think other women (especially younger ones) are all these evil temptresses these poor guys can't help but resist.

I don't think they're evil temptresses.  I think they're pieces of shit, just like the men who cheat with them.  They have just as much choice.

• Love 8