Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

NO ONE takes lithium for fun. It’s not at all a recreational drug. Britney didn’t commit herself to involuntary inpatient treatment. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Hey - maybe Jane Fonda is lying about having cancer so she can get some morphine!

I don't think anyone said she's faking anything, but then the question becomes, if she's bipolar, which is what lithium is for, should she be under the care of a reputable, trustworthy doctor full-time? Not whatever quack Jamie recommends and can pay to say what he wants, but someone who has Britney's real best interests in mind? If she has an illness that has lifelong effects without medication, because there's no cure, should she be made to take her meds whether she wants to or not?

It's not illegal to be mentally ill. But it's not illegal to be an alcoholic either, and alcoholism is still a disease even if no one likes you. (Hey, Johnny Depp.) That doesn't mean the ill person should be allowed to be lax in vigilance over their condition, to go without the treatment they clearly need to remain stable or sober. For the sake of the people around them, including their families.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I don't think anyone said she's faking anything, but then the question becomes, if she's bipolar, which is what lithium is for, should she be under the care of a reputable, trustworthy doctor full-time? Not whatever quack Jamie recommends and can pay to say what he wants, but someone who has Britney's real best interests in mind? If she has an illness that has lifelong effects without medication, because there's no cure, should she be made to take her meds whether she wants to or not?

It's not illegal to be mentally ill. But it's not illegal to be an alcoholic either, and alcoholism is still a disease even if no one likes you. (Hey, Johnny Depp.) That doesn't mean the ill person should be allowed to be lax in vigilance over their condition, to go without the treatment they clearly need to remain stable or sober. For the sake of the people around them, including their families.

We don’t force people to take medication in this free country. Lithium generally sucks, which is why so many people with bipolar disorder aren’t compliant. I assume Britney has doctors she has chosen herself now.  If she doesn’t want to take lithium, that’s entirely her personal choice. Hopefully they can find other meds that work. Are you really advocating for forced treatment and medication for mental health disorders? We don’t force anyone to take medications or get treatment against their will (unless on 72 hour holds). No one has to take insulin, or blood pressure meds, or antidepressants, or get chemotherapy if they don’t want to, even if those interventions may save their lives. We don’t force blood transfusions on those whose religious beliefs prohibit them. Taking away any adult’s body or personal autonomy is a dangerous road to tread. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

That doesn't mean the ill person should be allowed to be lax in vigilance over their condition

Allowed? What are you suggesting here? We all saw what happened when discussion of vaccine mandates was introduced. People will not abide by forced treatments. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

We don’t force people to take medication in this free country. Lithium generally sucks, which is why so many people with bipolar disorder aren’t compliant. I assume Britney has doctors she has chosen herself now.  If she doesn’t want to take lithium, that’s entirely her personal choice. Hopefully they can find other meds that work. Are you really advocating for forced treatment and medication for mental health disorders? We don’t force anyone to take medications or get treatment against their will (unless on 72 hour holds). No one has to take insulin, or blood pressure meds, or antidepressants, or get chemotherapy if they don’t want to, even if those interventions may save their lives. We don’t force blood transfusions on those whose religious beliefs prohibit them. Taking away any adult’s body or personal autonomy is a dangerous road to tread. 

If Britney didn't like lithium (most people don't, there can be awful side effects like horrible diarrhea that never goes away), there are many, many alternative medications that can be used to treat bipolar disorder.  Often, it takes combinations of different medications to find the best mixture and every person is unique; and there is no 'one size fits all' treatment.

That being said, I hope she is taking her mental health seriously and is seeing a capable professional who can help her figure out what works best for her and how to handle any side effects.

Bipolar disorder is a lifelong condition, forcing anyone into treatment against their will is bound to backfire.  Freedom of choice applies to health care, too.  It can be maddening, it can be scary; but Britney, like everyone else, gets to decide for herself until she has shown herself to be a danger to self or others,

I say this as the sister of a bipolar person who did really well on lithium for a number of years until a serious side effect developed and who had to stop taking it.  It's been more than 20 years and he still hasn't found anything that works as well as a mood stabilizer for him.  I also say this as the sister of a bipolar person who spent 7 years in a forensic psychiatric facility for stalking someone when off his meds.  He didn't hurt her, he didn't even know her.  I am just grateful he was arrested before something happened that couldn't be fixed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Love the shade in this headline.

So, she's trying to put his balls in her purse, but models typically carry such tiny bags, she's having a tough time and there's not enough room, so instead,  she makes it REALLY public that she's decided what he gets to do.   

But, I guess fair is fair.  Although she retired from modelling at the Rio Olympics, taking that REALLLLLLY long "catwalk" across the fields in front of millions to signify her retirement.  So we'll have to assume she's never done a single paid modelling job since.  Because that would mean she wasn't really, actually retired.  Like Tom.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Love the shade in this headline.

Gisele doesn’t mention what I suspect could be a larger concern, such as brain damage from the game, but I can completely understand why someone would want their husband  to stop before that happens.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Football is only one of many sports with a high incidence rate of serious injury. 

Cycling actually produces more head injuries per year.

Boxing, MMA, Rugby, Bull riding, NASCAR racing, even soccer & basketball.  

Nobody disputes that most spouses want to keep their partner healthy and safe.  But dragging your "discussions" out into social media is just incredibly tacky to me.  Take it to a couples therapist because pulling the general public into your issues is generally NOT going to be helpful to anybody.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Gisele doesn’t mention what I suspect could be a larger concern, such as brain damage from the game, but I can completely understand why someone would want their husband  to stop before that happens.  

From what I have read, she does discuss this in the larger Elle interview.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Another one.

Ninth child for Nick Cannon, with a new woman. The little girl's name is Onyx.

"I vow to protect, provide, guide and love this child to the best of my abilities," Nick Cannon said.

But can you really Nick? That many kids, in that short a time span, with that many women? Get real.

I used to be such a fan of Nick's. Totally saw his appeal when no one understood what Mariah saw in him (seemed nice, plus cute, funny, hard worker, talented), but I cannot believe how irresponsible he is. 

• Applause 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure he doesn’t already have brain damage. 🤣

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well there's the out then.

I wonder if Nick has considered how his choices may impact his career.  I know I have no interest in watching him anymore.  I hope he’s off Masked Singer.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Another one.

Ninth child for Nick Cannon, with a new woman. The little girl's name is Onyx.

Nick Cannon is gross and these women having his children are weird. My heart goes out to the poor children being born into this mess. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 14

Since Miss Spears successfully persuaded the courts that she is of sound enough mind not to have any need for the Conservatorship (which I FULLY agree with), then she needs to accept if not like that when she says or does something annoying or aggravating, she's just as deserving of flak for it as would any other competent adult who is responsible for their own actions- good and otherwise!

No, I'm by NO means letting off Mr. Federline off the hook for having started this annoying contest evidently using their offspring as human shields/posters (for which he does indeed deserve to be called out for) but no one has questioned HIS competency.

P.S. All the above said, I truly hope she gets as much help to deal with learning how to cope in a non-destructive manner with what has happened from early childhood onward (and if she can do via solely by verbal therapy- so much the better for her).

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I read Patty Duke's autobiography and she talked about how much of a relief it was to get on lithium and not experience the highs and lows of what was then called manic depression. It's been probably 25 years so I don't recall if she mentioned side effects. As far as she was concerned it was a godsend and made her life bearable.

And the various marriages and lovers and why Sean Astin isn't his father's son.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

"I vow to protect, provide, guide and love this child to the best of my abilities," Nick Cannon said.

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well there's the out then.

lol, in all seriousness, he should have the abilities to use condoms and focus on the many children he has. They deserve better. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, anna0852 said:

If you're referring to the movie with Mara Wilson, that wasn't Emma Thompson. Miss Trunchbull was played by Pam Ferris.

This one:

Pam Ferris was excellent casting in the original, although I think even she wore a fat suit. 

Edited by LadyAmalthea
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I read Patty Duke's autobiography and she talked about how much of a relief it was to get on lithium and not experience the highs and lows of what was then called manic depression. It's been probably 25 years so I don't recall if she mentioned side effects. As far as she was concerned it was a godsend and made her life bearable.

IIRC, around 2010, Miss Duke disclosed in an interview that she had gotten severe kidney damage from the lithium she'd been prescribed. Now whether she was able to get a less physically damaging substitute medication and whether she was able to have her kidneys heal (or whether this may have been a contributing factor in her 2016 death), I'm not sure.

Since it's been disclosed that Miss Spears has been on a lithium prescription (to say nothing of others struggling with mental issues), the risk of physical damage is a relevant concern and why IMO it would be best to opt for verbal therapy if at all possible.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

You really don't want to be in charge of that estate.   Because you are going to have to deal with the lawsuit from the car accident that killed her.   the homeowner can sue the estate.  

I would be going "nope, not me, she didn't apoint me, you do it."

• Like 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

If we're going to be re-hashing this every time Nick Cannon has a new illegitimate kid, then HE needs to have his own thread too.  

No child is “illegitimate,” but I agree that he needs to just get a vasectomy already. Enough.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Nick has considered how his choices may impact his career.  I know I have no interest in watching him anymore.  I hope he’s off Masked Singer.  

I cannot believe he has the time to host a show and.................................. do all the other things he's doing.

14 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Thanks.  I'm really obsessed with memoirs lately and I loved her in Valley of the Dolls. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

You really don't want to be in charge of that estate.   Because you are going to have to deal with the lawsuit from the car accident that killed her.   the homeowner can sue the estate.  

I would be going "nope, not me, she didn't appoint me, you do it."

Hopefully, the fathers of her sons are working to protect them from backlash.  Most people probably won't recognize their names and connect them to her.  Which is sad, but those that do will always side-eye them because of her issues. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Proves just how much (or little!) of a "Singer" she is at this point.  

She’s been quite a prolific singer and dancer, putting out lots of music and performing live for decades. Taking a break right now, because she’s no longer being forced to work if she doesn’t want to, doesn’t diminish her lifetime of work. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

But can you really Nick? That many kids, in that short a time span, with that many women? Get real.

I mean he can do it "to the best of his abilities," but it doesn't mean it's good enough. From the outside, it appears that his priority is making babies, not being a parent, but who knows.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Hopefully, the fathers of her sons are working to protect them from backlash.  Most people probably won't recognize their names and connect them to her.  Which is sad, but those that do will always side-eye them because of her issues. 

If people are judging them because their mother had a chronic, severe illness then they are the ones with issues. It’s best to know exactly who the soulless sociopaths are, I guess. Then they can be mocked, shamed, and shunned. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I mean he can do it "to the best of his abilities," but it doesn't mean it's good enough. From the outside, it appears that his priority is making babies, not being a parent, but who knows.

It is so much more important to be a father and not a daddy. Not sure he understands the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

It is so much more important to be a father and not a daddy. Not sure he understands the difference. 

To be fair, there are a lot of men who have never learned this distinction.  I just had a conversation about this last night talking about someone I personally know.  

51 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Those ... other things don't take long if you don't really care.

Whether you care or not it doesn’t take all day or night to get it in. And certainly doesn’t take much to get pregnant. 

I will say I feel bad for Mariah and her kids. I can’t even imagine how she’s explaining this nonsense to them. She and Nick aren’t together any more but his actions impact his kids, specifically the older kids (his kids with Mariah) who are old enough to see and hear about his behavior. SMH

• Like 2
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I would hope that most people would react with compassion and empathy towards two young men (kids, really) who lost their mother. If someone does not treat Homer and Atlas with compassion and empathy, that's depressing.

As for Anne, from all accounts she was a very kind, sweet lady who had a lot of issues. I wish people would give her grace.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I wonder about people like him, the Duggars, etc.  Is there some psychological explanation for people who want a litter of children? 

As long as he keeps getting women pregnant, everybody knows he's a real man who has sex all the time.

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2022 at 4:14 PM, RealHousewife said:

I used to be such a fan of Nick's. Totally saw his appeal when no one understood what Mariah saw in him (seemed nice, plus cute, funny, hard worker, talented), but I cannot believe how irresponsible he is. 

Women are capable of taking responsibility for birth control too.  (I say this as a married woman.)

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

The bizarre thing is that Mr. Cannon seems to be attracting more females willing to risk their own health (and lives) to attempt to bear his offspring than when he actually was wed to the superstar Miss Carey.

His fame (at best) to be fading if not already somewhat faded from the time of that marriage so one wonders what benefits these females  believe that they and their offspring could be reaping here. .and would they stick around if he either insisted on celibate bonds with them. . or got a vasectomy.

Oh, and just because Mr. Cannon can find others willing to play whatever games with him doesn't mean he has to keep playing said games.

Regardless, the ones I feel the most sorry for are the offspring born for these evidently less than ideal reasons.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

The collection of children seems to be an ego thing for Nick.  It’s about what he wants and feels, not the children’s welfare.  He seems oblivious.  I find it distracting and no longer want to watch him.  Nick is confident in his financial security as a big name tv personality, but that is not guaranteed.  I hope he’s secure enough to support all the kids, if that resource dries up.  Of course, each child needs more than money from their dad.  

• Like 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Of course, I've posted about that in the past too. 

We've all posted the same things about this idiot several times.  Because his dick rules his life, and stupid women jump on it to enable his lunacy.  

Now, he makes #2 person I'll never post about again.  #1 is the Britch. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1