Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: A Big Fat Ultimatum

• Start Topic

Airs January 12, 2021

With Chase gone and Buddy on the fence about staying with her, Whitney considers packing it all in and heading home to Greensboro; when Ryan finds out, he throws down a pretty hefty ultimatum, threatening her to stay in Charlotte.

Buddy's not really good enough for her to have a real relationship with, but she'll always do her best to destroy any relationship he has so he'll always be available when she needs him.  And he lets himself be used for the easy paychecks I suppose.  Amy decent therapist on either end surely would suggest this isn't healthy for either one of them.  2nd set of matching tattoos, oh isn't that just sick.  

(Poor dog, makes me sad)

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I love the snippets of workout videos.  She virtually just stands there shifting her weight from side to side.   I don't think she could keep up with the 80 yr olds my 1 hr senior exercise classes.   

5 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Why is this interesting?

It's totally not.  We're just watching in the hope of seeing her fall down again I think. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Ok I'm out.  The doggie pool did it for me.  But a few thoughts before I move on:

"Men are trash".  Yet she can't wait till TLC hires another guy willing to humiliate himself for a few bucks. 

Christ, look at the size of that ASS.

I was wondering if she peed in it? 🤮  No wonder the dog won't go into it...

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

So Ryan is the bad guy because he's concerned about their business?  

Well of course...couldn't be because the Twit doesn't give a $hit about the business other than collecting the $$.

• Love 13

Ashley’s daughter is so cute. I doubt I could be Whit’s friend because it would be hard for me not to say “ fuck you, girl  you didn’t care a bit about us when you thought you were in the cool crowd but now you got dumped by your BF & Ryan actually wants you to earn your keep you are all about your besties in Greensboro. Forget it!”  Is Whitney trying to get TLC to pay for another trip to Paris by being on a dating site there? Will the gang all have to fly over to meet the new guy in her life?  Fortunately for Ryan he got as much out of this show as he needed. If he stays with her too much longer he will not be considered a legitimate trainer. I loved that he sees through her bull shit - she is so transparent!  Masks & Covid indeed. No Dr.ever told her to lie in bed for hours at a time as a cure for panic attacks; Her tenant doesn’t need a new fence; Mom & Dad looked perfectly fine. You thought that Ryan’s crew were going to be your new crew so you didn’t bother trying to make new friends and now your bummed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I can not STAND the “My doctor told me not to exercise because I had the first panic attack in my life” schtick she’s putting out there.  That attitude is so very contradictory to every doctor’s advice I’ve ever heard. So now she can’t lose weight because PCOS, she can’t exercise because she MIGHT have a panic attack so bad she has to go to the ER, she can’t eat healthy because lazy...my suspension of disbelief is broken folks.

• Love 15

I don’t get it... I just don’t get it. First off, I don’t get why I’m still watching this drek. I don’t get why she’s pretending like she’s not allowed to exercise because of panic attacks??? I am actually in the medical field, I practice cardiology, I can’t imagine anyone telling somebody not to exercise because of panic attacks??? Heck, I have patients with significant heart disease who have had multiple surgeries, and we still let them exercise. And then she claimed to work out with Jessica? Didn’t she do like 1 fake burpee and a couple of horrible sit ups and call it a day? 

And why was this one doll she got for the kids birthday so special? If she’s uncle whitney, shouldn’t it be something a bit more exciting? She certainly can afford it with her tlc money. 

ag least it’s seeming like people are starting to call her out for her BS. Jessica saying she’s worried about her getting inactive, Ryan is clearly the only one worried about the business. Didn’t seem like her parents were in a rush for her to come home. And if you have a business, don’t you want to make it as good as it can be, and not just settle for average? And why can she not work out with him in a park outdoors and stand 6 feet apart but it’s ok to stand 6 feet apart abd talk with each other from the porch? And it’s ok to go swimming together in a lake without a mask from the last episode? 

• Love 15

I’m feeling especially hateful tonight so I’m going to take it out on Mt Twitney.  Just because I can. And because there was so much in this episode to hate on.

Leave it to Twit to give up the one business she’s ever had that is making some money only because of Ryan.  I hope he pulls all of the content he had a part in, takes all her followers and tosses a lawsuit at her too. When Chase wanted her to move to his place, fake as it was, she said she had to stay in Charlotte for her business.  Now her attitude is fuck Ryan and the business. Even Daddy said she needs to say in Charlotte. HER brand should be called Active BS. She’s such a lazy, vile piece of shit. 

She had a panic attack right after working out?  So that’s her excuse for laying around for months doing fuck all.  And, of course, her Dr advised against working out.  She’s a big fat liar with a million excuses. 

Men are trash???? Uh Twit, do you own a mirror?

Is she planning on partnering with using Jessica for her “business”?  How long util she fucks Jessica over?  Jessica knows Mt Twitney is a big fat quitter. If there wasn’t a TLC paycheck in it, she’d never agree to work with Twit.

Seeing her in the tattoo chair with her legs splayed open was revolting! The tattoo guy should be thanking the tattoo gods  for that mask he’s required to wear. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15

I think the producers must have purposely left out Whitney's confessional in which she explains that it is very important for Harper to see herself (Harper, not Whitney) in her dolls and such, which I would snark about less, probably who knows, even not at all, had the damn doll come in its original unopened box or something a little less thrown together at the last minute. 

Never have I yelled at my tv 'shut up already Ashley.'  Ashley's attempts at being fair to all parties is boring at this point.  She really gave that Ryan the veritable what-for when she called him a douchbag in a prior episode and extra points to Ashley for making sure Whitney knew.

Speaking of Ryan, is it just me or was Ryan extra yummy tonight, aside from the constant preening during the call with Whitney, but damn, maybe all the annoying posing he was doing actually resulted in those extra yummy close-ups.  If so, it's worth the annoyance.  Ryan got a very good, very well deserved positive edit tonight.  He cares about their subscribers.  Ryan's aggressive knocking at Whitney's door to demand she tell him where he and the business stand, however, came off as a poorly acted reenactment of something that probably happened some other way.

The scene at Whitney's parents was a complete waste, unless Glenn's questioning of Whitney is supposed to serve as some kind of mid-episode recap of the last few episodes.

So let me see if I have this craziness right:  Whitney can't work out, or otherwise engage in any activity designed to increase her heart rate because her ER doctors told this morbidly obese woman NOT to, out of precaution?  I'd say I hope she was in-network at the hospital, but if so, that's one network she should be kicked out of.  Jesus.  She fucking took a video of herself as she was being carried out to the ambulance, in the middle of a pandemic.  That's a true 911 emergency, for sure.

And speaking of the pandemic,  I have to say the inconsistency and downright hypocrisy of Whitney and her gang with the mask wearing and distancing and gatherings are not surprising.  Shaming Ryan is rich when all the world (well, the viewers, anyway) can see that the entire group is guilty in different measures.

I think the first episode of this season upon seeing Buddy for the first time, I thought, 'wow, Buddy is giving the unkempt look all he's got.'  Hunter gets that reaction now.  At least Buddy is growing into his new look.  I think tonight's Hunter was played by a different actor, though.  That gathering at Bab and Glenn's was awkward and off, and I suspect it's because the participants in that scene were all nervous, wanting just to get it over with, wondering if the audience would notice the Hunter switch and feel slighted.

With only 2 episodes left, it doesn't feel as if we're moving to a cliffhanger that will rival last season's whirlwind proposal in Paris, but, finally...

Speaking of Paris, did I hear that Whitney is on dating apps and only viewing profiles in Paris, in fact fantasizing about being in love in Paris?  Didn't she just get engaged in Paris, and suffer the blues enough to get her air-lifted to a hospital in order to get strict doctors orders not to exercise?  It's witty, sarcastic, self-deprecating Whitney, after all.  The least I expected from this scene was for Whitney to comment that Paris might hold some bad memories for her.  But wait, I've forgotten that the ritual of the photograph burning in Whitney's backyard was probably designed to make Whitney forget being jilted.  I think Whitney borrowed that ritual from Oprah, but I think Oprah may have borrowed it from Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble.

If this show comes back for another season, I hope everyone is recast except Ryan.  Also that Tal comes back for one very episode, as pointless and meaningless as Lenny's reappearance was, because that's what Tal deserves.  Tal was always insufferable but the pandemic has just made him all of judge, jury and executioner, which is not a good look.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

Seeing her in the tattoo chair with her legs splayed open was revolting! The tattoo guy should be thanking the tattoo gods  for that mask he’s required to wear. 

It occurred to me while that scene played out, that she is probably unable to walk, sit or lie down with her legs in the normal knees-facing-front position because the size and location of her gut gets in the way. She has to rotate her hips out in order to accommodate the giant belly. And that does not bode well for the health of her hips.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Eldemarge said:

So for the next two episodes, we get to listen to how horrible Ryan is and how badly Whitney's friends neeeeeed her to move back.  YAAAAWN

Yeah... I think I’m out. Next week looks like a rehash of this week with bitchy barnacles thrown on. 

• Love 5

She told Ryan she was “SO sore for three days” after she “worked out” with Jessica!!  Does she realize the viewers actually saw what that workout consisted of? So we are left to decide whether she really did get sore from that miserable attempt OR whether she is a big, fat liar to Ryan. Either way, she makes herself look bad yet again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

A huge thank you to TLC for opening this episode with the clip of Whitney falling flat of her face again.  Maybe the production crew enjoyed it as much as I did.  They should play it at the opening of every episode.  At the end, too.  

Anybody else notice what appeared to be a big abrasion on her right elbow area during the pool scene?  

I wonder if she sustained it in her fall from the last episode.  

Loved the shade Ryan threw about her hair and how it looked "exceptionally full," even though she claimed it was her own hair.  

I was looking at her skeevy hairline and it looked like a wig to me, too, Ryan.  Well played.  

And WTF was up with the gift for Harper?  I wondered if she just grabbed it from the dollar store what with the way it had no packaging and was just stuffed randomly into all of that tissue in that huge bag.  

Whitney, there's a reason you made zero friends whilst living in away from Greensboro.  It's because you're an insufferable asshole.    

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

It occurred to me while that scene played out, that she is probably unable to walk, sit or lie down with her legs in the normal knees-facing-front position because the size and location of her gut gets in the way. She has to rotate her hips out in order to accommodate the giant belly. And that does not bode well for the health of her hips.

Unless she takes action (unlikely), it's just a matter of time before she's bedbound, doing the splayed leg bedsit.  And being bathed by Buddy on the back porch with a garden hose. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And WTF was up with the gift for Harper?  I wondered if she just grabbed it from the dollar store what with the way it had no packaging and was just stuffed randomly into all of that tissue in that huge bag. 

Honestly, it looked like something one could pick up at a garage sale.  Which, no shade to people for buying toys for their kids that way, but her making it seem like she has such a "special bond" with Harper and then throwing a cheap-ass gift at her seem at odds.  Like almost everything in Whitney's life.

Love how with each retelling, the Tale of Buddy Moving In, gets changed.  In this episode, she practically made it seem like it was HIS idea to move in.  And the whole "they act like a married couple" commentary is laughable.  Also, nice for TLC to confirm that actually what Brittany was pissed about was that Queen Whitney summoned Buddy while he was having dinner with his gf to make her a salad and *bring it to her in bed.*  Yeah, gee, wonder what the problem was.

Also, the continued narrative that she can't work out because the doctor told her not to after a panic attack is just absurd.  She's just a lazy piece of shit.  Ryan should be thrilled to be rid of her.  And why can't they work out in a park?  Again with her playing fast and loose with her Covid concerns.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Her sitting posture is becoming very close to that of the 600-pounders.  

I hope she gets desperate and does a crossover to visit Dr. Now.  

I'd love to hear him scoff at her supposed "I only eat once a day" bullshit and tell her how delusional she is if she thinks an extra 200+ pounds isn't doing harm to her health.  Not to mention how she can't work out because of "panic attacks."

A little humility would do her a world of good.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I thought the same.  How unlady like to sit with your legs splayed out like then, but then I thought, well, she probably can't sit like a normal person.  She looks like a toddler sitting like that. 

• Love 5

I like how Jessica complimented Whit on how she did sit ups saying she did them really well.  Um, not really.  Hurling your arms to lift your body up is in the correct way to do a sit up.  

Call me crazy, but won't it eventually be confusing to Harper to call Whitney "uncle"?  

And enough with the "I had a panic attack and so I was told not to exercise".  I can't with her.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

A huge thank you to TLC for opening this episode with the clip of Whitney falling flat of her face again.  Maybe the production crew enjoyed it as much as I did.  They should play it at the opening of every episode.  At the end, too.  

I woke up in the worst mood today.  This made me laugh out loud, thank you.

30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

, but her making it seem like she has such a "special bond" with Harper and then throwing a cheap-ass gift at her seem at odds.  Like almost everything in Whitney's life.

Since Twit does absolutely nothing on her own, I'm guessing one of the production crew got it for her.  I wouldn't doubt they made it extra cheap on purpose. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Sweet little Harper was the hands down highlight of this episode.  What an articulate cutie-pie.  

The second highlight was Bab's crocheted lemonade cover with beads to weigh it down.  I need one. 

OMG.  Disgusting.  I also love how edumacated she is about all things related to Covid safety and how she slams Ryan for his (assumed only) flagrant disregard of guidelines BUT going for out for a tattoo is apparently a necessity during quarantine.   Oh and by the way, what a stupid tattoo.

If my boyfriend got up from our meal together to make and serve Jaba The Twit a salad in bed, you bet I'd be pretty pissed off too. 

Again, the whole premise of this show is an absolute joke.  Twit is the sad definition of a "loser".  So the fact that we are to believe she has all these friends who are desperate to be in her company is too hard to swallow.  Adults with their own lives to live don't have time for this waste of space.  

Oh, and nice "workout". I did a really hard workout today too when I walked from my house to my car in the garage.  I had to bend to sit down in the seat too.  I'll be sore for three days! But it felt really good!  

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

I give Whit a tiny bit of credit for managing to throw herself on the concrete and flounder around for a minute in the hot sun. Also, she got up without any help, as far as I could see. However, her midsection must be 6 or 7 feet in diameter; she honestly makes a Weeble look svelte by comparison.

The doll she gave the kid looked like something from a rummage sale; I'm pretty sure my Barbie ended up with hair like that after I gave it a haircut or two. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I thought the same.  How unlady like to sit with your legs splayed out like then, but then I thought, well, she probably can't sit like a normal person.  She looks like a toddler sitting like that. 

When I was 90+ pounds heavier than I am now, I couldn't sit like a normal person.  Couldn't cross my legs except  man style  (ankle on opposite  knee.)  So bingo. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Sweet little Harper was the hands down highlight of this episode.  What an articulate cutie-pie.  

The second highlight was Bab's crocheted lemonade cover with beads to weigh it down.  I need one. 

OMG.  Disgusting.  I also love how edumacated she is about all things related to Covid safety and how she slams Ryan for his (assumed only) flagrant disregard of guidelines BUT going for out for a tattoo is apparently a necessity during quarantine.   Oh and by the way, what a stupid tattoo.

If my boyfriend got up from our meal together to make and serve Jaba The Twit a salad in bed, you bet I'd be pretty pissed off too. 

Again, the whole premise of this show is an absolute joke.  Twit is the sad definition of a "loser".  So the fact that we are to believe she has all these friends who are desperate to be in her company is too hard to swallow.  Adults with their own lives to live don't have time for this waste of space.  

Oh, and nice "workout". I did a really hard workout today too when I walked from my house to my car in the garage.  I had to bend to sit down in the seat too.  I'll be sore for three days! But it felt really good!  

If my boyfriend got up like Buddy did, Mt Twitney and her bed would be wearing that fucking salad. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

she slams Ryan for his (assumed only) flagrant disregard of guidelines

See Ryan putting a mask on when he went to talk to Twit and her commanding him to back up before she opened the door because SHE didn't have a mask on--even though she was literally in her house and could have grabbed one.  But, no, let's continue with the notion that she can't be less than 15 feet away from him because he's a dirty Covid-spreader.

• Love 9

What are all those tattoos going to look like when she is on My 600 Pound Life and they have to perform surgeries to remove excess skin?  I guess if you have all if that acreage, you might as well make use of it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Unless she takes action (unlikely), it's just a matter of time before she's bedbound, doing the splayed leg bedsit.  And being bathed by Buddy on the back porch with a garden hose. 

Stuffed into the cargo area of a van, and headin' for Houston!  My Big Fat Fabulous Mash-Up!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Whitney: I might move back to Greensboro, maybe, or stay in Charlotte, or go somewhere else.

Also Whitney: I don't know why Buddy is so unsure about moving to Charlotte.

And I can't believe I'm defending Ryan, but he had every right to be angry. Whitney promised she'd moved to Charlotte (remember how angry she was when Chase wouldn't up and leave his own business) to work on No BS Active with Ryan, and now she's irritated he expects her to, I don't know, live in Charlotte? And she had the audacity to be angry when he so much as ASKED her about her living plans?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 14

You know, as I sat there yesterday, watching this egotistical bitch treat everyone like their sole purpose is to adore and support her, I realized that I was absolutely seething and wanting to bitch-slap her into tomorrow.   But during a commercial I had a moment to calm down and think to myself, why are you getting SO worked up over a scripted show where EVERYTHING is done for maximum cringe.  This includes the bossiness, the nakedness, the ego, the slovenliness and the servitude on the part of the barnacles.  Even Ryan has a place and a role in the script.  It’s to be the slightly badass trainer who is supposed to be a user that pushes back against Twit’s BS.  The stupid little touches thrown in like the obviously used Barbie doll that Twit gave to Harper are all just designed to give us something to find (like an Easter egg) and rant about.  Then it occurred to me, this show is no longer written for the benefit of the fans, it is written for us, the snarkers.  And it keeps us coming back to see this dumpster fire, just to snark and they keep their ratings and Twit and co. keep their money rolling in.  So I have to ask myself, are they the dumbfucks, or are we? 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Stuffed into the cargo area of a van, and headin' for Houston!  My Big Fat Fabulous Mash-Up!

With the obligatory stops for fast food/pizza and "snacks" that any normal person would consider a meal along the way. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Colleenna said:

In her little pool 😄 😄 😄 

4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Yes!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Not unless Whitney put away a good sum of money to pay him. Buddy hightailed it back to Greensboro the minute they stopped filming. He’s only her caregiver when there is a paycheck involved. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Not unless Whitney put away a good sum of money to pay him. Buddy hightailed it back to Greensboro the minute they stopped filming. He’s only her caregiver when there is a paycheck 

Taking it to small talk...

• Love 1