Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: A Big Fat Ultimatum

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Here's the pic, but Persnickety1 is right about the lap! 🙂 

Senshus? Lewk? Twerty? Boyf? Bish? Snackies? Drammer? Werk? Vom? Flirk? Emosh?

Use three or more in one sentence for your prize of a trip to your choice of Wilmington, Charlotte. Greensboro or the beautiful state of Howareya. Bonus pizza if you can guess the last location!

That poor pooch has the same look on her face that my little chihuahua had whenever I got out the nail clippers. 

She loathed nail clippers.  

Ugh, I had forgotten all about "boyf" and "girlf."  🤢

47 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

What lap?   😂

Regarding Whitney's "quirks," this is a little off topic, but again watching season 6 yesterday, the Alaska trip.  

Anybody know what the bloody hell she kept calling it "AlaskER"?  

Between that "AlaskER" and clERB," her weird bullshit drives me crazy.  

It's part of her adolescence.  Pre-teen girls (and maybe boys too, don't know,  never been a boy) do that crap. They make up a vocabulary that only the "cool" kids are allowed to use.  Also, it keeps the adults from knowing what they are talking about. 

Yet more evidence that she is "stuck" at age 12. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think the main reason she moved to Charlotte in the first place was to make herself able to add Chase a love interest.  It wasn't really for the business.  She could have stayed in Greensboro and continued commuting for the business, just like she pointed out in this episode.  Ryan may be worried that without Chase in the picture her moving home is a sign that she is looking for a way out of the business.  He may have thought all along that her moving to Charlotte was because of the business, not Chase so moving to him indicates leaving the business.  And it may not mean that.

Good point - I've always said she could have done the business from Greensboro, but adding Chase the Love Interest required a little more effort from her.  I suppose Ryan, like Glen, thinks that if she's got a business that seems to be going somewhere she should stay put and work at it.  Those weirdos 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Ryan is understandably surprised and upset that she bailed on the business. He certainly had no reason to believe breaking up with Chase would be a reason to give it up. After all they all knew there was going to be a breakup since it was fake in the first place. So he throws himself into the business, does almost of the work, and starts generating a decent paycheck for them both. I’m sure he figured Chase and Whitney would break up as planned and the business would continue. After all she didn’t have to do much for her paycheck and he seemed to have come to terms with the idea that he would need to do most of the work. But now he’s left wondering why she’s bailing when this was the plan all along. And they are treating Ryan like the villain to boot. I suspect they are making Ryan the scapegoat because Chase isn’t around to abuse on screen. I hope he’s getting a bonus check for following the rule that he’s not allowed to tell Whitney she’s a lying moron in public.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think Ryan is understandably surprised and upset that she bailed on the business. He certainly had no reason to believe breaking up with Chase would be a reason to give it up. After all they all knew there was going to be a breakup since it was fake in the first place. So he throws himself into the business, does almost of the work, and starts generating a decent paycheck for them both. I’m sure he figured Chase and Whitney would break up as planned and the business would continue. After all she didn’t have to do much for her paycheck and he seemed to have come to terms with the idea that he would need to do most of the work. But now he’s left wondering why she’s bailing when this was the plan all along. And they are treating Ryan like the villain to boot. I suspect they are making Ryan the scapegoat because Chase isn’t around to abuse on screen. I hope he’s getting a bonus check for following the rule that he’s not allowed to tell Whitney she’s a lying moron in public.

Double bonus check for pulling off "Whitney's a hard working, ambitious, intelligent woman with a lot going for her - her friends are dragging her down" with a straight face!!!

• Love 10

Does anyone think production played any part in pushing this Whitney longs for Greensboro storyline?  I mean what exactly are they supposed to shoot in Charlotte if Whitney is refusing to see Ryan? I mean Buddy is making sandwiches by day and sneaking in other woman by night. The barnacles seem only so willing to spend their free time trekking to Charlotte.

Whitney has made zero friends in Charlotte....zero....none.  Are we just supposed to watch Ashley, Heather and Whitney talk on zoom?  Other shows like 90 days had some sort of trash factor that could keep your interest and negate the zoom factor.  Whitney and her friends are boring.  Hell, even Neeshi seems like she’s rethinking her role on the show.  I’m seriously thinking Neeshi could be added to the “hired friends” thread although she’s far too respectable and adorable to be a barnacle.  I’m not familiar with poodles but are they a one person dog, if so it could be the dog walker or whoever helps take care of her because I fail to believe even if this is Whitney’s dog, she’s the one taking care of her. The last episode (and well every other episode) the dog barely acknowledges Whitney’s existence. The sad part after really looking at everyone’s behavior and comments this last episode is Heather and Tal are the only ones I might consider Whitney’s friends, whether they’re healthy relationships is another story.  Todd and Ashley really seem to tolerate it for the check and Buddy seems to be there for free/cheap rent and the check.  

Even Whitney’s own family don’t seem to give a damn she’s there.  I mean I’m sure they love her, but Babs routinely throws her under the bus and makes fun of Whitney.  Glen seems disappointed that Whitney is screwing up a viable stream of income, and Hunter seems pained to even be on the episode.  

I’m fairly neutral about Ryan, but he’s about the only character of interest on the episode and he’s not even doing anything dramatic.  He’s inquiring when his business partner is coming back to work. He’s asking how much content they should produce.  He’s asking if she plans to relocate to another city.  Why is the most interesting part of the show the equivalent of a routine work email? I don’t know how many seasons the show has ran but they need to stick a fork in it because it’s done.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anyone think production played any part in pushing this Whitney longs for Greensboro storyline?  I mean what exactly are they supposed to shoot in Charlotte if Whitney is refusing to see Ryan? I mean Buddy is making sandwiches by day and sneaking in other woman by night. The barnacles seem only so willing to spend their free time trekking to Charlotte.

Yes, but I don't think production would have to convince her of that.  She knows she has no storyline in Charlotte anymore and Ryan all by himself doesn't provide enough of one to keep her there.  Without the Chase storyline she had no plan B.  Plus despite her seeming inconsistency with the social distancing and mask wearing she is somewhat restricted in what she can do anywhere.  So she might as well be close to friends and family where they can easily get together outdoors and manufacture more ridiculous storylines.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anyone think production played any part in pushing this Whitney longs for Greensboro storyline?  I mean what exactly are they supposed to shoot in Charlotte if Whitney is refusing to see Ryan? I mean Buddy is making sandwiches by day and sneaking in other woman by night. The barnacles seem only so willing to spend their free time trekking to Charlotte

I think it was always part of the "storyline" after she dumped Chase and cancelled the wedding.  That's why I think "Whitney's Townhouse" is an air b&b they rented for 2 seasons.  Chase's fatherhood and The Virus have totally messed with their grand plans!  I'm sure she was initially going to "choose herself" and return triumphantly to Greensboro as a certified personal trainer, start her own gym in her garage and win an award for Best Personal Trainer.  Unfortunately, now she's down to pretending Buddy brings her salads in bed (when you just know it was a big old pizza!) 😄 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 9:34 PM, mamadrama said:

Elsewhere online Whitney has said that production made her take it out of the box. Apparently Mattel doesn't want anyone confused about a potential endorsement. 

Whether it was out of the box or put into a generic box, I have played with hundreds of Barbies in my lifetime, either on my own, with my daughter or a grandchild, and that Barbie had the kind of hair that has been washed or abused in some way.  It was standing up at an angle the same way my daughter’s was when she used her donkey scissors on it (and then her own bangs).  No, I believe that was a yard sale find or something from the local Goodwill.  It wasn’t a new Barbie, simply removed from packaging.  Perhaps they used one of Harper’s own dolls and told her it was all pretend for the show.  That makes the most sense.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

If so, that would be very sad. Just took a quick look at Walmart.com to learn that the price of a Barbie doll (without a second outfit or accessories) ranges from $5 to  $7. Uncle Whitney and/or the production company must be teetering on the verge of bankruptcy if they had to warn a child to pretend she was getting a new present, but the bag was only going to have one of her old dolls in it. 

• Love 2

I’m going slightly off topic, (and this may have been mentioned before), but I have another piece of evidence that Mt. Whitney’s doctor saying that she should not exercise is complete bullshit: on my 600lb Life, one of Dr. Now’s patients went into CARDIAC ARREST because she’d tried to exercise a little after being extremely inactive. Anyone care to guess what Dr. Now’s advice was once she’d recovered? 
you guessed it! Stay active! SMH 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I think it was always part of the "storyline" after she dumped Chase and cancelled the wedding.  That's why I think "Whitney's Townhouse" is an air b&b they rented for 2 seasons.  Chase's fatherhood and The Virus have totally messed with their grand plans!  I'm sure she was initially going to "choose herself" and return triumphantly to Greensboro as a certified personal trainer, start her own gym in her garage and win an award for Best Personal Trainer.  Unfortunately, now she's down to pretending Buddy brings her salads in bed (when you just know it was a big old pizza!) 😄 

The salad Buddy brings Whit:

DF0FD12A-7E27-48A1-A948-DDD0B3511894.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

B! Because saying "bye" takes so much more energy. Yeah, How-a-ya. Lame

I'd forgotten that picture of Neeshi in Twit's bedroom. There is one that is earlier. They were outside and Twit was sitting on a wooden bench with water in the background.  I also think that one or both of the Bros were there. I wish I knew how to find it.

1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Not to be mean, but is that bench really bowed, or is it an optical illusion?  That poor dog is sitting under it for shade . . .

I don't think it's an illusion.  Look how close it is to the top of the dog's head.  (I think that's  Ryan's dog Darla)

3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

image.png.70e4ec137d54c97fa1e224ffe57020bd.png

That poor dog is not pleased, he isn’t a toy Whit.

maybe someone can explain to me why Ryan is the bad guy. Whit is healthy enough to work out when it is convenient but refuses to work out with Ryan because stress and COVID? Who knows where Jessica has been but that little meet up was a -ok. Ryan cares about the business and wants to give subscribers fresh content while Uncle Whit is too busy getting tattoos (again who knows how safe that is?) doing squats with Jessica and eating in bed.  I guess running around Her hometown is ok? Why is Ryan the villain here?She is treating him and her subscribers like shit. Now that Chase is gone screw the business. She is a witch and frankly Ryan is the kick in the ass she needs. Ryan is right, she wants to run back home to be coddled and be surrounded by ‘yes men’ , Jessica included. Didn’t she run away from the Fitness Marshal in the dead of night using her parents as an excuse? The reality is things got hard and Whit doesn’t do hard....she runs back to her enablers who tell her how fabulous she is and assure her that everyone else is the problem.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

maybe someone can explain to me why Ryan is the bad guy.

Because MBFFL is a scripted “reality” show...one step away from a soap opera in that real names, locations and familial ties are used.

A soap opera has a formula.  The protagonist (Twit) needs an antagonist (Ryan) for the formula to work.

“...The “Soap Opera Formula” still exists NOT because writers are lazy and can’t be bothered to invent new ideas, but because IT WORKS. It has proven its value to marketers and media producers the world over for attracting readers, viewers, followers and subscribers...”

“...The idea is broken down into four stages:

Setting the Stage: This is your introduction, your backstory. This is where you lay out all the information we need to know about this plot-line to move forward. You’ll notice — as fiction writers, we don’t want to tell everything right now. We don’t need the whole back-story, the complete family history, or an in-depth psychological profile right now. We only what to know enough to advance the plot.

Introducing High Drama: This section is where we push the story along and up the ante — raise the stakes for our protagonist. We show our protagonist struggling unsuccessfully against the antagonist, what or whoever that is... It could be a character flaw, an addiction (which is NOT a character flaw, by the way, though it can make for a great big load of pathos), the machinations of a much more powerful antagonist. Whatever the struggle is against, it must have dramatic punch. It must really mean something to the protagonist as well as to the reader/viewer. We have to care that the protagonist may not succeed.

Epiphany: The epiphany can be a slow growing realization or a true burst of light — the moment in which our protagonist is brought face to face with the problem and achieves a break-through. This is often an inner awakening, a breakthrough in self-knowledge, but it could also be the inside track on the antagonist’s weakness or a map to the treasure.

Call to Action: For marketers, or those with a product to sell, this is where you ask people to sign up or give their email, or read your blog, buy your book, etc. For our purposes, this is the point at which the protagonist MUST move forward. Like it or not, regardless of the odds we have stacked against them...”

https://medium.com/publishous/how-to-exploit-the-soap-opera-sequence-284606ae9d40

Edited by kicotan
Sequencing
  • Useful 2
55 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Because MBFFL is a scripted “reality” show...one step away from a soap opera in that real names, locations and familial ties are used.

A soap opera has a formula.  The protagonist (Twit) needs an antagonist (Ryan) for the formula to work.

“...The “Soap Opera Formula” still exists NOT because writers are lazy and can’t be bothered to invent new ideas, but because IT WORKS. It has proven its value to marketers and media producers the world over for attracting readers, viewers, followers and subscribers...”

All of these reality shows seem to follow the formula but, to me,  Ryan does not scream antagonist. Whit also comes across as a very weak protagonist, extremely unlikeable, irresponsible and mean. If these are the edits they are given to follow the formula then I could only imagine what really happened between Ryan and Whit.  Shows like The Bachelor and Survivor do a much better job.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That poor dog is not pleased, he isn’t a toy Whit.

maybe someone can explain to me why Ryan is the bad guy. Whit is healthy enough to work out when it is convenient but refuses to work out with Ryan because stress and COVID? Who knows where Jessica has been but that little meet up was a -ok. Ryan cares about the business and wants to give subscribers fresh content while Uncle Whit is too busy getting tattoos (again who knows how safe that is?) doing squats with Jessica and eating in bed.  I guess running around Her hometown is ok? Why is Ryan the villain here?She is treating him and her subscribers like shit. Now that Chase is gone screw the business. She is a witch and frankly Ryan is the kick in the ass she needs. Ryan is right, she wants to run back home to be coddled and be surrounded by ‘yes men’ , Jessica included. Didn’t she run away from the Fitness Marshal in the dead of night using her parents as an excuse? The reality is things got hard and Whit doesn’t do hard....she runs back to her enablers who tell her how fabulous she is and assure her that everyone else is the problem.

Not to mention a supposed roll in the hay with a maskless Lennie who was supposedly roaming through town 🙄. That’s my problem with Ryan being the “bad guy” they’re not actually showing him doing horrible things.  Their main gripes are things they all do....make money off Whitney and sometimes doesn’t wear a mask.  If he’s doing something shitty show it because Whitney comes off as an asshole and the barnacles come off as jealous whiners.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Shows like The Bachelor and Survivor do a much better job.

Well, they have a competition formula to go by...that’s their main writing objective.  They might use the soap opera sequence from time to time to spice things up, but Twit’s Big Fat Fabulous life is pure soap opera.

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Not to mention a supposed roll in the hay with a maskless Lennie who was supposedly roaming through town 🙄. That’s my problem with Ryan being the “bad guy” they’re not actually showing him doing horrible things.  Their main gripes are things they all do....make money off Whitney and sometimes doesn’t wear a mask.  If he’s doing something shitty show it because Whitney comes off as an asshole and the barnacles come off as jealous whiners.  

The problem with making Ryan the villain is that he isn’t one. He is simply more of an adult than Whitney and actually has some kind of work ethic. I think vilifying Ryan was all the writers had left when they couldn’t made Chase evil on camera since he’s not on camera anymore. I also think Whitney actually does think of Ryan as a villain. In her mind his job was to get Chase to fall in love with her and he failed. In addition he had the audacity to be happy when his long time friend became the father to an adorable girl.  The rules are ‘Whitney is all that matters - all hail Whitney’. He forgot that. I’m sure she looked around for some kind of fitness training oversite committee to try to get him banned for life. After all it’s dangerous to have someone out there teaching people that exercise can help anxiety when of course the only way to combat anxiety is to have someone bring you salad in bed. He believes there is the technology to allow two teachers in different locations to both be on a screen teaching a class at the same time!! What sorcery! Heck - he doesn’t even have twerking as part of his exercise plan. And he eats fish and vegetables. Obviously the man is a dangerous villain. It’s clear Whitney should run as fast as possible back to Greensboro where she won’t be damaged by this man any longer. 

oops - might have devolved into some sarcasm there at the end 😂

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I missed that episode...I guess sex Is okay though.  The way Tal acts you would think Ryan is snidely whiplash. Ryan did all of the work, Whitney’s only contribution was the name and a fan base. I hope he has a good lawyer. Maybe he does, which is why TLC can’t be so ‘creative’ with the editing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

The problem with making Ryan the villain is that he isn’t one. He is simply more of an adult than Whitney and actually has some kind of work ethic. I think vilifying Ryan was all the writers had left when they couldn’t made Chase evil on camera since he’s not on camera anymore. I also think Whitney actually does think of Ryan as a villain. In her mind his job was to get Chase to fall in love with her and he failed. In addition he had the audacity to be happy when his long time friend became the father to an adorable girl.  The rules are ‘Whitney is all that matters - all hail Whitney’. He forgot that. I’m sure she looked around for some kind of fitness training oversite committee to try to get him banned for life. After all it’s dangerous to have someone out there teaching people that exercise can help anxiety when of course the only way to combat anxiety is to have someone bring you salad in bed. He believes there is the technology to allow two teachers in different locations to both be on a screen teaching a class at the same time!! What sorcery! Heck - he doesn’t even have twerking as part of his exercise plan. And he eats fish and vegetables. Obviously the man is a dangerous villain. It’s clear Whitney should run as fast as possible back to Greensboro where she won’t be damaged by this man any longer. 

oops - might have devolved into some sarcasm there at the end 😂

59 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I missed that episode...I guess sex Is okay though.  The way Tal acts you would think Ryan is snidely whiplash. Ryan did all of the work, Whitney’s only contribution was the name and a fan base. I hope he has a good lawyer. Maybe he does, which is why TLC can’t be so ‘creative’ with the editing.

Yes, this is what irritates me, Ryan is not a villain, but they still insist on framing it that way when it doesn’t make sense. Then again, when does this show ever make sense?   I’d really like to know why Tal especially is so venomous, I mean I can see him doing Whitney’s bidding, but this is ridiculous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Not to be a contrarian — posting mainly in case anyone from TLC lurks here: I still enjoy the show! Whitney is kind of obnoxious but I don’t dislike her. We need more Ashley and WAAYYYY more Todd. And bring back Mattie whether Whitney likes it or not! Make a Todd and Mattie spinoff.

The only person I’m totally sick of is Buddy. His dry-alcoholic attitude is zero fun and I don’t enjoy the “Whitney + Buddy are endgame” hints. They’re as toxic and unappealing together as Luke + Lorelai or Ross + Rachel (don’t @ me). 

I might be misremembering, but I thought Neeshi’s temperament was due to being a rescue, plus her breed is already somewhat sensitive. Whitney is over the top, of course, but I doubt that dog would be much more spunky in another home. Hopefully, she’ll start to warm up and feel more comfortable in her new life. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I might be misremembering, but I thought Neeshi’s temperament was due to being a rescue, plus her breed is already somewhat sensitive. Whitney is over the top, of course, but I doubt that dog would be much more spunky in another home. Hopefully, she’ll start to warm up and feel more comfortable in her new life. 

You're right, I agree with you but that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion around here.  I think we're supposed to think she's neglecting or otherwise putting the dog off, but I know it's not that.  I grew up with a poodle like that and to this day I still feel like I did something wrong to make him not like me even though my mother told me it wasn't me plus I also knew more affectionate dogs.  So I kind of have an issue with blaming the dog's behavior on her, as obnoxious as she is.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

You're right, I agree with you but that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion around here.  I think we're supposed to think she's neglecting or otherwise putting the dog off, but I know it's not that.  I grew up with a poodle like that and to this day I still feel like I did something wrong to make him not like me even though my mother told me it wasn't me plus I also knew more affectionate dogs.  So I kind of have an issue with blaming the dog's behavior on her, as obnoxious as she is.

As much as Whitney irritates me and my cries of Free Neeshi (I also would say Free Todd’s snark) Whitney does say in the episode Neeshi is very reserved.  I think it could be Whitney doesn’t spend a ton of time interacting with the dog, and the dog was already aloof before she got her.   In the episode, Whitney complains about having no friends and being held up in the house, so the dog probably isn’t getting a ton of socialization, even less if Whitney is napping a lot.  I think Whitney is lazy, but I think somebody is caring for the animals.  I mean the cats don’t seem particularly thrilled with her in the episode either....not that they hate her per say.  The animals just remind me of everybody else on the show, she interacts with them when it’s convenient for her or is filming, otherwise she’s seems to be sleeping.  Also, the dog might be shy with all the cameras/equipment around.   The dog didn’t seem overly friendly with Harper or Jessica either, so it’s probably just how she is.  @JocelynCavanaugh I agree there wasn’t  enough Todd in this episode and I appreciate Ashley often being the voice of reason like explaining why the Buddy and Whitney thing isn’t that great of an idea.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Not to be a contrarian — posting mainly in case anyone from TLC lurks here: I still enjoy the show! Whitney is kind of obnoxious but I don’t dislike her. We need more Ashley and WAAYYYY more Todd. And bring back Mattie whether Whitney likes it or not! Make a Todd and Mattie spinoff.

The only person I’m totally sick of is Buddy. His dry-alcoholic attitude is zero fun and I don’t enjoy the “Whitney + Buddy are endgame” hints. They’re as toxic and unappealing together as Luke + Lorelai or Ross + Rachel (don’t @ me). 

Don't wanna get off topic, but I feel ya on this one. I have trouble watching some of the reruns. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

They’re as toxic and unappealing together as Luke + Lorelai or Ross + Rachel (don’t @ me). 

3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Don't wanna get off topic, but I feel ya on this one. I have trouble watching some of the reruns.

THEY WERE ON A BREAK

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

My rescued dogs and cats have all been of the "fall out of the sky and into my lap" sort, but if she adopted Neeshi, I'm assuming she likely would have been able to interact with her prior to committing?  If so, I'm really surprised that Neeshi's low-key personality would have appealed to Twit.

I would imagine Twit's perfect dog would hump everything in sight, smell butts, not be house trained, have greasy hair, a bad case of gas and eat every scrap it could find.     

Neeshi is far too pretty and polite, God bless her.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

A pairing that I will never understand, made even worse with the reboot.  A fictional character who managed to suck the joy out of just about every situation in which he was involved.  Ugh.

Again, I'm rewatching season 6 and any episode involving Buddy has him sucking the joy out of any situation by bringing up his drug use, his drinking, his potential relapse, how he feels, ad nauseum.  Shut your gobbler, Buddy.  Just because you're struggling does not mean your friends aren't allowed to enjoy themselves and have fun.  Again, ugh.  

Regarding Neeshie, 2 days ago, I adopted an 8-month-old chihuahua from a rescue (she's so stinking cute and tiny!).  She's settled in and made herself at home, already happily learning to speak, sit, and sit up.  Of course, she's been at my side 24/7 since I picked her up and I constantly engage her.  She even sleeps with me at night.  Of course, chihuahuas, I believe, have a different temperament than poodles so maybe Neeshie just needs more bonding time.  I believe Whitney does spend time with her in a physical sense and she is obviously cared for, but I just wonder if Whitney spends any time in really engaging and bonding with her.  I wish she would take her out to exercise more often, as her condo backyard area looks pretty small for a dog of Neeshie's size to really get much exercise.  It seems most of Whitney's time is spent lying in bed and letting Buddy wait on her, so maybe Buddy walks Neeshie for her.  

She's a lovely dog, though, and definitely looks like she's quite mellow.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

The irony of this season is that it’s showing us what we would have been seeing for the last 7 seasons if they hadn’t been completely scripting Whitney’s big, fat, phony life (starting with the fake BGDC):

An unemployed thirty-something living with her parents, functionally disabled from her morbid obesity, gelatinously expanding onto whatever surface has the misfortune to find itself under her.  

• Love 10
On 1/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, Kiki620 said:

My rescued dogs and cats have all been of the "fall out of the sky and into my lap" sort, but if she adopted Neeshi, I'm assuming she likely would have been able to interact with her prior to committing?  If so, I'm really surprised that Neeshi's low-key personality would have appealed to Twit.

I would imagine Twit's perfect dog would hump everything in sight, smell butts, not be house trained, have greasy hair, a bad case of gas and eat every scrap it could find.     

Neeshi is far too pretty and polite, God bless her.  

Prop dog!  We'll find out the truth one day 😄 

Regarding Neeshie, 2 days ago, I adopted an 8-month-old chihuahua from a rescue (she's so stinking cute and tiny!).  She's settled in and made herself at home, already happily learning to speak, sit, and sit up.  Of course, she's been at my side 24/7 since I picked her up and I constantly engage her.  She even sleeps with me at night.  Of course, chihuahuas, I believe, have a different temperament than poodles so maybe Neeshie just needs more bonding time.

I did dog rescue for a long time and it really just depends on the dog. We used to tell adopters to plan for at least six months for the dog to really settle in - and some could take longer. If Neeshi is a rescue, Whitney is actually doing the right thing to NOT push her for interaction. It's better to let the dog move at her own pace and engage more as she is comfortable.

That said, all dogs need exercise. I'm not sure how old Neeshi is and how her health is. If she is a little older, has arthritis, is recovering from heartworm treatment, etc., she may not be suited for long walks or lots of running. Plus I think they were filming when it was really hot outside. 

I'm not usually a Whitney apologist but I don't think she is mistreating Neeshi, based on what we know now. 

• Love 2