Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: A Big Fat Ultimatum

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I give Whit a tiny bit of credit for managing to throw herself on the concrete and flounder around for a minute in the hot sun. Also, she got up without any help, as far as I could see. However, her midsection must be 6 or 7 feet in diameter; she honestly makes a Weeble look svelte by comparison.

The doll she gave the kid looked like something from a rummage sale; I'm pretty sure my Barbie ended up with hair like that after I gave it a haircut or two. 

Whitney Thore - The weeble who wobbled but did fall down.

weeble.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I realized that I was absolutely seething and wanting to bitch-slap her into tomorrow.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣  "bitch-slap her into tomorrow"🤣🤣🤣  I MUST remember that expression because I feel like that so often about so many people. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

The second highlight was Bab's crocheted lemonade cover with beads to weigh it down.  I need one. 

Count me in!  Loved it!

4 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

You know, as I sat there yesterday, watching this egotistical bitch treat everyone like their sole purpose is to adore and support her, I realized that I was absolutely seething and wanting to bitch-slap her into tomorrow.   But during a commercial I had a moment to calm down and think to myself, why are you getting SO worked up over a scripted show where EVERYTHING is done for maximum cringe.  This includes the bossiness, the nakedness, the ego, the slovenliness and the servitude on the part of the barnacles.  Even Ryan has a place and a role in the script.  It’s to be the slightly badass trainer who is supposed to be a user that pushes back against Twit’s BS.  The stupid little touches thrown in like the obviously used Barbie doll that Twit gave to Harper are all just designed to give us something to find (like an Easter egg) and rant about.  Then it occurred to me, this show is no longer written for the benefit of the fans, it is written for us, the snarkers.  And it keeps us coming back to see this dumpster fire, just to snark and they keep their ratings and Twit and co. keep their money rolling in.  So I have to ask myself, are they the dumbfucks, or are we? 

Preach!!!

It’s like the “Guiding Light” of unRealityTV.  All she needs is for her clone to show up.

• Love 2

That's the vibe I get from Neeshi as well.  I think she's being  totally ignored.  NOT GOOD!!

So if Shitney actually needed to get to Dr. Now and Houston... She'd need to go ahead and leave now. Like NOW...1/13/21.  It's gonna take her a few weeks to get to Houston in the car! Couple hours a day?? She'll be there by Valentine's Day... if she pushes it like she does with her exercise regimen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kicotan said:

So I have to ask myself, are they the dumbfucks, or are we? 

Oh, hands down, they are. Pretty much anyone of the posters here could do a much better job of writing this show, especially if the goal is to make Whitney look as obnoxious as possible. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

You know, as I sat there yesterday, watching this egotistical bitch treat everyone like their sole purpose is to adore and support her, I realized that I was absolutely seething and wanting to bitch-slap her into tomorrow.   But during a commercial I had a moment to calm down and think to myself, why are you getting SO worked up over a scripted show where EVERYTHING is done for maximum cringe.  This includes the bossiness, the nakedness, the ego, the slovenliness and the servitude on the part of the barnacles.  Even Ryan has a place and a role in the script.  It’s to be the slightly badass trainer who is supposed to be a user that pushes back against Twit’s BS.  The stupid little touches thrown in like the obviously used Barbie doll that Twit gave to Harper are all just designed to give us something to find (like an Easter egg) and rant about.  Then it occurred to me, this show is no longer written for the benefit of the fans, it is written for us, the snarkers.  And it keeps us coming back to see this dumpster fire, just to snark and they keep their ratings and Twit and co. keep their money rolling in.  So I have to ask myself, are they the dumbfucks, or are we? 

Recently it does seem like the show is actually morphing to show her as a villain, not the hero of her own story. I guess they are realizing more people are watching it for snark than general interest. It started last season too as the camera people got those very unflattering close ups of her backside and stuff like her looking like a toddler throwing a tantrum on the beach in Hawaii. This season especially seems to highlight it and really shows how terrible she is to people around her. She was so bad to Chase that even people who thought their relationship was real weren't shocked he left. Ryan is kind of a douche bro but he is still much more professional than her. While the show kind of implies we should be on Whit's side, it also gives a lot of reason to side with the others. Ryan's friend who said "Yikes" and Buddy's girlfriend who left also seem like totally reasonable people who nope'd out of that mess, and we saw a lot of hypocrisy with how she handles wearing masks and being around others. I think you're right that the showrunners know what they are doing and are giving people things to talk about.

I wonder if Whit herself sees it and if so, would it change her behavior. I know I'd be mortified to be portrayed that way but they can only use what you give them (and I definitely would not be giving them gleeful announcements of not bathing, peeing in pools, and getting naked in public). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I think Highlandwarriorgirl might be on to something. Maybe this isn’t even the real Twit but just her playing a part. I’m sure it may have started out as an inspiring show about a heavy girl who was still active and loving life but as we got to know her and dislike her production has decided to push the envelope & make her as lazy & self centered as possible. I can only hope she’s in on the joke.

• Love 3

I spent all my childhood wanting to be a country music singer. At 13 I learned about a great university in Nashville that had a music business program. I spent the next few years dreaming about the day I moved down there. I worked my ass off studying and planning. It was seriously the only dream I had (though I applied to other universities to even out my chances). Reality hit me hard down there, though. I had trouble fitting in. I couldn't make friends. I was incredibly lonely and depressed. Meanwhile, my friends back home were BEGGING me to move back. I eventually did and gave up my dreams. Soon after returning, my friends got their own lives and completely moved on. I never made it back to Nashville and I kick myself every single day. I should've tried harder down there. I'm 40 and it's my biggest regret. 

I WISH I'd had someone like Ryan in my life. He was one of the sole voices of reason in this episode and, honestly, the ONLY one who seemed to have Whitney's best interests at heart. Sure he would benefit from their arrangement, too, if she stayed but he was still right. He was thinking of her future. Maybe he's an asshole at times, and maybe he's benefitting financially from her (as is everyone else) but in this situation he was also being a friend. 

She refused to move to Wilmington because her life (which apparently did NOT consist of friends/hobbies/interest in her new town) was in Charlotte... and now she wants to leave because she can do All BS No Active anywhere with anyone? Oy.

A 36 years old woman who's apparently never truly made friends outside of high school and is moving back because "friends" are "begging" her to? How FABULOUS...

Now, can someone explain the story behind the goose tattoo to me? I must've dozed last week. Explain it like I'm five; I'm not really wanting to volunteer a lot of my brain cells to it. 

• Love 17

Harper is adorable. Don't new Barbies come in a box ? Looks like Whit pulled it out of her own toy chest and gave it to her. Is that the best she could do?  Ryan is the only one that is trying to keep her accountable, and as we seen before that is why she will dump him as a biz partner and friend, because he calls her out on her BS -  Jessica's short shorts looked like they hurt to wear walking let alone driving 90 minutes to Whitneys house. It just reiterates what a lazy slob Whiney is when she holla's down to Buddy to make her a salad and bring it to her. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Ryan is the only one that is trying to keep her accountable, and as we seen before that is why she will dump him as a biz partner and friend, because he calls her out on her BS -

This.  He is the only one that does not totally pander to her.  He does make allowances to a point as she is the center of the show.  But he really isn't near as bad as they tried to make him look.  He is right.  Her friends just want her back in Greensboro for their own good not hers.  More screen time is my guess.  I hope he stays as he is the only sane one of the bunch.

I am waiting for her to jump on My 600lb Life.  Now that would be good TV.  A show down between her and Dr. Now.  Get the popcorn!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I think Highlandwarriorgirl might be on to something. Maybe this isn’t even the real Twit but just her playing a part. I’m sure it may have started out as an inspiring show about a heavy girl who was still active and loving life but as we got to know her and dislike her production has decided to push the envelope & make her as lazy & self centered as possible. I can only hope she’s in on the joke.

For everyone’s sake I’d like to believe this. I do believe the barnacles for the most part are told what to say and how to act. Maybe Whitney’s personality and antics are exaggerated for the show, but I do believe it’s a more true reflection of Whitney than the others and here’s why: Social Media. Of course we know that SM is never a full reflection of anybody but in the case of these people their social media shows us what they choose to show people when not being directed in the show. Everyone else has lives and posts the same mundane stuff regular people do. Heather posts food and kids. Ryan posts workouts and his girlfriend. Buddy posts his girlfriend and some lame podcast. Tal posts his life and used to post his boyfriend. Just regular stuff. Almost never with Whitney. Whitney’s posts pretty much look like her stupidness on the show. She posts herself mostly naked leering out the window waiting for food delivery. She posts memes about why it’s completely normal to pee in the shower. She posts videos  of herself swimming naked in a hotel pool while her friend is trying to make a regular video. She alters to the extreme every photo she posts. She posts Q&A’s that always talk about her sex life. She constantly posts with herself naked laying in bed - not sitting in bed - laying in bed during the day. She brags about how long it’s been since she’s washed her hair. I could go on and on. These things weren’t done as part of the show. If she really understood that she looks like a lazy idiot on the show but went along with it for the show, I really don’t think she would continue this kind of behavior when she wasn’t filming. She may ramp up her lazy and grossness for the cameras, but I think she’s lazy and gross in real life. If she does ramp it up for the camera, I think she does it because she thinks she just so funny and awesome, not to push the envelope for hate watchers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Harper is adorable. Don't new Barbies come in a box ? Looks like Whit pulled it out of her own toy chest and gave it to her. Is that the best she could do?  Ryan is the only one that is trying to keep her accountable, and as we seen before that is why she will dump him as a biz partner and friend, because he calls her out on her BS -  Jessica's short shorts looked like they hurt to wear walking let alone driving 90 minutes to Whitneys house. It just reiterates what a lazy slob Whiney is when she holla's down to Buddy to make her a salad and bring it to her. 

Jessica's mid section didn't look toned like the rest of her body, Also Whitney looked like a Galapagos Turtle doing that push up,

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

They once again didn't show Whit in the act of standing up from the ground.  She was getting out of the kiddie pool and she got on all fours, but then the next thing you see is her already standing and ready to do Jessica's  workout.   And speaking of the workout...I didn't catch everything Jessica rattled off in terms of reps and rounds of the exercises, but I'll give Twit the benefit of a doubt that maybe we didn't see her doing the entire workout.  Not that she did any of it with good form or anything...

Edited by Cache
Typo!
  • Love 6

She took her shoes off in the tattoo parlor!! Bare feet on a public bench. Bitch, that tattoo chair isn't your home. And it looked like they walked at least one block to get there, can you imagine those feet in sockless sandals?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

For everyone’s sake I’d like to believe this. I do believe the barnacles for the most part are told what to say and how to act. Maybe Whitney’s personality and antics are exaggerated for the show, but I do believe it’s a more true reflection of Whitney than the others and here’s why: Social Media. Of course we know that SM is never a full reflection of anybody but in the case of these people their social media shows us what they choose to show people when not being directed in the show. Everyone else has lives and posts the same mundane stuff regular people do. Heather posts food and kids. Ryan posts workouts and his girlfriend. Buddy posts his girlfriend and some lame podcast. Tal posts his life and used to post his boyfriend. Just regular stuff. Almost never with Whitney. Whitney’s posts pretty much look like her stupidness on the show. She posts herself mostly naked leering out the window waiting for food delivery. She posts memes about why it’s completely normal to pee in the shower. She posts videos  of herself swimming naked in a hotel pool while her friend is trying to make a regular video. She alters to the extreme every photo she posts. She posts Q&A’s that always talk about her sex life. She constantly posts with herself naked laying in bed - not sitting in bed - laying in bed during the day. She brags about how long it’s been since she’s washed her hair. I could go on and on. These things weren’t done as part of the show. If she really understood that she looks like a lazy idiot on the show but went along with it for the show, I really don’t think she would continue this kind of behavior when she wasn’t filming. She may ramp up her lazy and grossness for the cameras, but I think she’s lazy and gross in real life. If she does ramp it up for the camera, I think she does it because she thinks she just so funny and awesome, not to push the envelope for hate watchers. 

100%.  I'll just add that this show is where she gets fans/potential NoBS customers, and she was perfectly happy to basically call Ryan an ass for wanting to do the best job possible when people will pay for much less, right in front of her customer base 😮 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I spent all my childhood wanting to be a country music singer. At 13 I learned about a great university in Nashville that had a music business program. I spent the next few years dreaming about the day I moved down there. I worked my ass off studying and planning. It was seriously the only dream I had (though I applied to other universities to even out my chances). Reality hit me hard down there, though. I had trouble fitting in. I couldn't make friends. I was incredibly lonely and depressed. Meanwhile, my friends back home were BEGGING me to move back. I eventually did and gave up my dreams. Soon after returning, my friends got their own lives and completely moved on. I never made it back to Nashville and I kick myself every single day. I should've tried harder down there. I'm 40 and it's my biggest regret. 

I WISH I'd had someone like Ryan in my life. He was one of the sole voices of reason in this episode and, honestly, the ONLY one who seemed to have Whitney's best interests at heart. Sure he would benefit from their arrangement, too, if she stayed but he was still right. He was thinking of her future. Maybe he's an asshole at times, and maybe he's benefitting financially from her (as is everyone else) but in this situation he was also being a friend. 

She refused to move to Wilmington because her life (which apparently did NOT consist of friends/hobbies/interest in her new town) was in Charlotte... and now she wants to leave because she can do All BS No Active anywhere with anyone? Oy.

A 36 years old woman who's apparently never truly made friends outside of high school and is moving back because "friends" are "begging" her to? How FABULOUS...

Now, can someone explain the story behind the goose tattoo to me? I must've dozed last week. Explain it like I'm five; I'm not really wanting to volunteer a lot of my brain cells to it. 

What I remember from barely paying attention was that they saw a video of a goose and thought it was soooo amazing/funny - I’m guessing they came up with the phrases “It lives?loves? (Not going back to look!). And man I can’t believe I’ve invested brain cells to remember somehow Heather also saw the video with them? Here’s an article about the video I’m guessing they saw. It is cute but tattoo worthy??https://wjla.com/news/offbeat/the-story-behind-that-viral-hugging-goose-video  

• Love 1

A few things because I can’t really get through the whole show anymore:

• Does Ryan make money from his relationship with Whitney? Yes.  SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE ON THE SHOW!  The only difference is Ryan actually seems to put actual work into a real business to earn the majority of his money as opposed to driving with balloons attached to his car in a birthday parade.  Basically Ryan was putting work in outside of the show and not just showing up to be filmed.  I’m sorry Buddy is not paid per sandwich he delivers to Whitney because then the gang could could on a rampage about how sandwiches are better when they are prepared in Greensboro.
  • I don’t know if it’s because of his impending breakup or if it’s in his contract this season, but Tal is being a real asshole this year.  He’s supposed to be a counselor, so I would think he’d be able to see all the codependency and assholery of Whitney’s behavior.  Hating Ryan for whatever reason and Whitney being trifling are not dependent on each other.  Both can be wrong, but Ryan’s not paying Tal.
  • I’m going to defend Whitney (sorta) and say maybe Harper’s gift wasn’t in a box, so they didn’t have to blur out any logos because of product placement. I’d like to think Whitney’s not a complete asshole giving her “niece” a throwaway used gift.
  • Glen and Babs act like they don’t want her ass back home.  Glen is probably pissed Whitney is fucking around with the one offshoot business that seems to be making money.
  • WHY IS RYAN THE BAD GUY AGAIN?  If they want to demonize him about the mask despite him wearing masks around them, then it would really help if they weren’t bobbing around in pissy water with each other while not wearing masks or going to tattoo parlors to get unnecessary tattoos.  I wish at least one of them would just say I don’t like Ryan because he makes more money than I do because all these other reasons don’t make sense as presented on the show.
  • A normal mature adult that is in a business partnership with someone generally wants to know what the other person is up to and if she plans on contributing to the business and/or has plans to flee town.  
  • FREE NEESHI!
Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 12

She took her shoes off in the tattoo parlor!!

In the early days the only shoes she wore were flip-flops but then, when she got "fit" she began using regular footwear. A very good thing since two iconic scenes where she lost a shoe in the mud never would have occurred.

Slightly off topic but I have been watching Below Deck recently. I find it amazing that the deck hands on multimillion dollar yachts are barefoot the entire time they are on board. The people who take 3 day excursions and pay mega bucks for the privilege are shown taking off their shoes before boarding but I don't know if they have slippers or something else to wear.

There are many shots of the Stews walking toward the dining table and the soles of their feet are absolutely black. I get the part about not bringing landbased filth onboard but sometimes the deckhands are walking off the yacht and sitting on the Quay to smoke a cigarette. I am fairly sure they didn't put shoes on to leave the boat.

2 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

What I remember from barely paying attention was that they saw a video of a goose and thought it was soooo amazing/funny - I’m guessing they came up with the phrases “It lives?loves? (Not going back to look!). And man I can’t believe I’ve invested brain cells to remember somehow Heather also saw the video with them? Here’s an article about the video I’m guessing they saw. It is cute but tattoo worthy??https://wjla.com/news/offbeat/the-story-behind-that-viral-hugging-goose-video  

What I remember was when Whitney said "Remember we were all in bed together watching it?" and Buddy immediately pipes up "I was in a chair!!!"  Yeah, Ashley, he's dying to have her 😄 

• LOL 6
On 1/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I wanted to give you the lightbulb, the laugh and the heart but had to choose one.  Great post! 

• Love 5

I doubt that Whitney realizes how she "outed" herself on how bogus her "relationship" with Chase was when she said that her living in Charlotte was because of Chase and that Ryan should have known that she didn't intend to live there "forever".  Really?  Was there an expiration date on her relationship with Chase?  And why should Ryan have known that?  It somehow doesn't add up unless her relationship with Chase really was bogus, which we all knew anyway.

I'm of the mind that there really IS no reason she has to live in Charlottesville to do the videos in person, but living there indefinitely was never the plan and I think Ryan probably would have known that, he just didn't anticipate that she would consider leaving so soon.  I think the real issue between her and Ryan is that he thinks her moving would be a sign that she wants to back out of their business altogether.  And he may or may not be right about that because it may have been a part of the original plan that when she was done with Chase she would be done with her business with Ryan.  It just wasn't supposed to happen this soon.  I don't think he wants to be her friend nor does he really need her to live in town.  I'm really not a Ryan fan either but his concerns are legitimate and if she's looking to back out on that business commitment it wouldn't be fair to him.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
On 1/12/2021 at 10:48 PM, goofygirl said:

That poor dog....We need to go save that poor dog!

I'm beginning to think her cats don't like Whitney, either--but at least they have each other for company.  Seriously, have we ever seen one of her cats voluntarily come sit in her lap?

I think the dog has been traumatized, and the last person she needs to be with is Whitney.  Poor dog didn't even greet Jessica or her dog, just sat there politely.  Poor thing.

• Love 1

I think the dog has been traumatized

I think she is a rescue and demonstrates some behaviors that are common (but not universal) to rescues - like taking awhile to warm up to people and preferring to be off to the side rather than the center of the action.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Elsewhere online Whitney has said that production made her take it out of the box. Apparently Mattel doesn't want anyone confused about a potential endorsement. 

I can't say as I blame them.  Just like they had to grasp their cans of White Claw to cover the name, probably for the same reason.  I used to watch a gem called "Downsized."  The main guy (the dad) wore Under Armour shirts all the time...until the company got word of it and made him cover their name and logo on any of their products he wore on camera.  😂

That being said, what a cheap-assed gift for "Uncle Whitney" to give her "niece."  

I've dropped more at one time kicking in for co-workers' gifts than she spent on that Barbi.  

Even if it had its packaging, that huge bag was far too big for the contents and was probably really misleading for Harper.  She was probably expecting something grand and glorious and instead pulled out that doll.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Dog's are sensitive to their human's emotions. I have posted before that our dog knew that my marriage was about to dissolve before I did by going downstairs in the middle of the night and howling. Something he had never before done. With all of Whitney's tears and depression I think that Neeshi is picking up on it. Perhaps the same type of emotion was present in her former home.

I give Whit a tiny bit of credit for managing to throw herself on the concrete and flounder around for a minute in the hot sun. Also, she got up without any help,

Surely that could be considered to be a modified burpee?

Edited by Me from ME
Wierd formatting - not my fault HEH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think she is a rescue and demonstrates some behaviors that are common (but not universal) to rescues - like taking awhile to warm up to people and preferring to be off to the side rather than the center of the action.

Yes, I've posted this before but I grew up with a puppy mill poodle that was very similar to her.  We knew it was nothing we were doing wrong with the dog as we had other dogs that were very affectionate.  So I don't blame Whitney for her behavior in general, but she isn't helping the dog to be honest.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm of the mind that there really IS no reason she has to live in Charlottesville to do the videos in person, but living there indefinitely was never the plan and I think Ryan probably would have known that, he just didn't anticipate that she would consider leaving so soon.  I think the real issue between her and Ryan is that he thinks her moving would be a sign that she wants to back out of their business altogether.  And he may or may not be right about that because it may have been a part of the original plan that when she was done with Chase she would be done with her business with Ryan.  It just wasn't supposed to happen this soon.  I don't think he wants to be her friend nor does he really need her to live in town.  I'm really not a Ryan fan either but his concerns are legitimate and if she's looking to back out on that business commitment it wouldn't be fair to him.

If this season had ended with her dumping Chase as planned, then she could have offered to "stay friends" with him (Chase), and there would have been no reason to end her business with Ryan.  Now that she's pissed and humiliated, he's suffering repercussions too!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That being said, what a cheap-assed gift for "Uncle Whitney" to give her "niece."  

I've dropped more at one time kicking in for co-workers' gifts than she spent on that Barbi.  

Even if it had its packaging, that huge bag was far too big for the contents and was probably really misleading for Harper.  She was probably expecting something grand and glorious and instead pulled out that doll.  

Yeh, she could have at least bought her some clothes for the doll!  Oh wait, this wouldn't occur to someone who doesn't like to wear clothes...  Though I must say Whit is at least wearing more real clothes in public this season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I can't say as I blame them.  Just like they had to grasp their cans of White Claw to cover the name, probably for the same reason.  I used to watch a gem called "Downsized."  The main guy (the dad) wore Under Armour shirts all the time...until the company got word of it and made him cover their name and logo on any of their products he wore on camera.  😂

Yeah, regardless of packaging it was still lame considering the buildup. 

One of the clothing companies did the same thing to Gary from TEEN MOM. I can't remember what brand of shirt he used to wear, but they made him stop wearing them, or at least covering the logo, because they weren't interested in that kind of advertising. (And, honestly, he's even one of the better parents on that show.) 

• Love 1
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

I didn’t see the episode so can someone explain to me why she’s calling herself Uncle Whitney?

Because she thinks it's cute and makes her seem quirky? Just like she thinks peeing in the hot tub, walking around naked, pronouncing words the wrong way, and hanging up a picture of her bathing suit clad Dad-wee is endearing. (I don't actually remember why, I'm just throwing out a guess.)

• Love 4

More Harper. What a sweet child, and I don't even like kids. I was going to comment that I thought Whitney had a nice natural ability with Harper, and I really enjoyed their interactions, until Whitney put Harper on her lap and promptly bleeped a swear word right in her ear. We just can't win.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I didn’t see the episode so can someone explain to me why she’s calling herself Uncle Whitney?

IIRC, in an episode where Ashley is still pregnant with Harper, Whitney says that the female friends in their group are called “Uncle”.  She gave the example that Heather is Henchi’s “Uncle Heather” and Whitney would be the “uncle” to Heather’s and Ashley’s respective children. Basically, they’re all idiots.  If there was a more in-depth explanation that might make sense I never saw it.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I hope you're right.  I'm put off by everything about Whitney's behavior toward her, and it might be just because I despise Whitney so much.  She (Whitney) doesn't seem like a particularly warm person, to animals or people.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Elsewhere online Whitney has said that production made her take it out of the box. Apparently Mattel doesn't want anyone confused about a potential endorsement. 

She could have put it into another, plain box.  Those gift bags are fine for adults' presents, but the children I know really like unwrapping presents.  Harper seemed very pleased with her doll, although I can't imagine that she didn't already have a Barbie.  Maybe we were supposed to be bowled over by Whitney's racial sensitivity?  Anyway, a doll alone is a pretty cheap gift for a godchild, unless Whitney is secretly putting money into a college fund.  I think the doll plus three or four outfits, in a box, would have been a more appropriate present.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

IIRC, in an episode where Ashley is still pregnant with Harper, Whitney says that the female friends in their group are called “Uncle”.  She gave the example that Heather is Henchi’s “Uncle Heather” and Whitney would be the “uncle” to Heather’s and Ashley’s respective children. Basically, they’re all idiots.  If there was a more in-depth explanation that might make sense I never saw it.

I wonder if the kids, especially Heather’s who are older, actually call her Uncle Whitney or if this is some stupid crap Whitney made up and pretend they all just love and adore. 

• Love 8

I think the Uncle thing is because they are all very liberal and want to foster a gender-neutral (read: gender-confusing) environment for Harper.

Do they call Todd and Tal "Aunt"? Genuine question, I don't know the answer.

• Love 2

In a vacuum, I think gender-bending is perfectly fine and kids can understand it perfectly well. Kids are going to grow up in a world where non-binary, trans, and non-gender-conforming people are not forced into the closet (hopefully!) and there's nothing wrong with addressing gender on the spectrum it is rather than a binary. But I think it's perfectly clear to all of us that Whitney is doing it to be twee and unique and to call attention to herself, not out of any sort of advocacy.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

I hope you're right.  I'm put off by everything about Whitney's behavior toward her, and it might be just because I despise Whitney so much.  She (Whitney) doesn't seem like a particularly warm person, to animals or people.

I personally think it is a prop dog...that’s why it is always looking off camera at it’s trainer and trying to get away from Whitney.

https://www.performinganimaltroupe.com/dogs/large-dogs.html

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, princelina said:

If this season had ended with her dumping Chase as planned, then she could have offered to "stay friends" with him (Chase), and there would have been no reason to end her business with Ryan.  Now that she's pissed and humiliated, he's suffering repercussions too!

I think the main reason she moved to Charlotte in the first place was to make herself able to add Chase a love interest.  It wasn't really for the business.  She could have stayed in Greensboro and continued commuting for the business, just like she pointed out in this episode.  Ryan may be worried that without Chase in the picture her moving home is a sign that she is looking for a way out of the business.  He may have thought all along that her moving to Charlotte was because of the business, not Chase so moving to him indicates leaving the business.  And it may not mean that.

• Useful 1

I personally think it is a prop dog...that’s why it is always looking off camera at it’s trainer and trying to get away from Whitney.

I wish that it was true.  Unfortunately I remember seeing a photo which I think was on her Insta but not on the show of her trying to hold Nishi on her lap. I have mentioned it before but the dog looked so uncomfortable.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I wish that it was true.  Unfortunately I remember seeing a photo which I think was on her Insta but not on the show of her trying to hold Nishi on her lap. I have mentioned it before but the dog looked so uncomfortable.

What lap?   😂

Regarding Whitney's "quirks," this is a little off topic, but again watching season 6 yesterday, the Alaska trip.  

Anybody know what the bloody hell she kept calling it "AlaskER"?  

Between that "AlaskER" and clERB," her weird bullshit drives me crazy.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Here's the pic, but Persnickety1 is right about the lap! 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

What lap?   😂

Regarding Whitney's "quirks," this is a little off topic, but again watching season 6 yesterday, the Alaska trip.  

Anybody know what the bloody hell she kept calling it "AlaskER"?  

Between that "AlaskER" and clERB," her weird bullshit drives me crazy.  

Senshus? Lewk? Twerty? Boyf? Bish? Snackies? Drammer? Werk? Vom? Flirk? Emosh?

Use three or more in one sentence for your prize of a trip to your choice of Wilmington, Charlotte. Greensboro or the beautiful state of Howareya. Bonus pizza if you can guess the last location!

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 5