Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: It's My Party and I'll Go If I Want To

• Start Topic

On the heels of their break up, Madison invites everyone to what was supposed to be Austen's birthday party. After Craig advises her to disinvite the birthday boy, Austen decides to show up anyway. Meanwhile, Kathryn struggles in her friendships with Danni and Madison Simon, who are determined to have it out with her once and for all. When they all gather on Capers, a private island with no way in or out except by ferry, what could possibly go wrong

Original air date 2021.01.07

• LOL 1

I’ve never related to anyone on this show more than Pringle’s kids who, before even getting on the fishing dock, had a litany of complaints: This is boring. Why are we here? It’s too hot! This pole is too heavy. And then promptly started scrolling through their phones. 

How is Caleb related to Thomas? This is pretty strange to date a relative of your baby daddy. But since T-Rav impregnated someone else, I guess this is a “good way” (in Kathyrn’s estimation only) to get vengeance AND make up for her racism scandal. Sigh. I also hope Caleb’s branch of the family tree grew from a love relationship and not the Ravenel ancestor raping his slaves. I hate that I even have to consider that, but they’re so proud of their plantations and being “scions,” that I can’t be too sure.

Venita’s dress is gorgeous! Wow. She looks like a super model at a photo shoot locale, and the rest of these shlubs, despite being dressed up, are like the lighting crew and production assistants.

Jeez, Madison keeps yelling at Austen no matter WHERE he sits! This guy can’t catch a break. YOU dumped HIM, just ignore him and leave him alone. Though, I guess I can say one nice thing about her: Madison does have a pretty good arm throwing that football!

I guess yellow pants are the new white pants now that T-Rav is no longer here.

These people are all in their 30s and 40s. This is some straight up high school shit all around. I don’t think I can even try to pinpoint who’s the worst in the bunch. They’re pretty much all a wreck. Everyone has an opinion on someone else being in the wrong, but they’re ALL terrible. I guess the “winners” are Shep and his girlfriend who seem to be the only ones content to just swim and ignore the drama, for the most part—though Shep did chime in re Austen and Madison, I guess.

Andy Cohen, promoting WWHL: “Madison, in retrospect, was the theme of this party Lord of the Flies?” I laughed so hard I snorted.

Why is Kathyrn so hung up on “having an audience”? Pssst. You’re on TV. There is literally an audience watching your conversation.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Craig is in love with Austen, Kathryn is in love with Kathryn.  What a bore

Sadly, it's like everyone is in love with Kathyrn, because there are four women who can't talk about anything else, ever.

I mean, I really don't like Madison, but she looks pretty damn good in that white outfit.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Madison gets off on cruelty - Austen needs to wake up, walk away and never look back. Sad that he’s addicted because of her games. Even dumbass Pringle is getting a clue.

Alternate episode name: Misery loves company.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

This was such a hot mess that it actually entertained me somewhat. 

Madison's white dress was A+. 

Leva continues to annoy me every time she opens her mouth.

Everyone is obsessed with Kathryn as per usual. All she has to do is stand there and they lose their shit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

I like Leva and Madison the most from the group.   The beach looked nice, but the set up was not conducive to just relaxing.  The set up should have had people further apart not close at a table.  The lack of masks and all the up close talking bothered me.  Were  they all tested first?  It made me uncomfortable.  

• Love 13

I don't understand how this show was filmed in the middle of a pandemic and no one wears a mask?  And they are all up in each other's face and screaming.  But it is the same on all of these Bravo shows.  

• Love 13

Lort, what a party....  I think Shep & Taylor were the only ones with any sense whatsoever.  Dressed appropriately for the friggin' BEACH!  Like.. bathing suit... shorts... T-shirts....  The whole premise of being dressed up for some BEACH PARTY is just sooo dumb.  But that's just me!  Guess since they're adding the Gynn's person to the group, they needed to do something where Gynn's clothes could be viewed.  Just the WRONG location!

I'm so glad this shitshow is almost over.  I can't take it anymore. I used to really like it but now, it's vomit-inducing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

What a mess of an episode.  Between the windy island and all the confusion,  the only thing I liked about this episode was their clothes.  The beach dresses were beautiful.  Even tho Katherine gained some weight after two children, when she puts that makeup on, I think she is stunning.  Dani is an emotional wreck.  I liked the other girls that left better than these new ones.

• Love 20

Most boring beach party ever. Madison is being such a bitch. She’s not content to just break Austin’s balls. She hast to stomp on them and grind them into  the sand too.  Is Kathryn still working at Gwynn’s?  I kinda agree she’s dating the Ravenel to mitigate the monkey emoji. Danny will stay mad for a little while, then go right back to coddling Kathryn. Craig is still a yenta. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't understand how this show was filmed in the middle of a pandemic and no one wears a mask?  And they are all up in each other's face and screaming.  But it is the same on all of these Bravo shows.  

Stephanie on rhod said that the cast was tested over and over so they felt safe - but that was before people realized testing wasn’t enough.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Patricia getting breakfast in bed cracks me up.  She walks around like she is Royalty with that attitude.  Come back to N.Y.City and she would be nobody.  I do like to see her house and furnishings tho.

• Love 7

This was a very awkward party in every imaginable way. Have to ask how a hairdresser in Charleston is able to afford an event planner and a private island. So on a hot July day you go to a beach with no shade but so windy that your hair and fancy dresses are all blowing; you can’t throw a football. You wear a white dress that is sure to have a brown hem by the end of the day.  All the bitchy ladies stand around gossiping about one person ( yeah, I know Katherine) and Madison collects compliments and is as bitchy as hell to Austen.  Austen pouts like a preteen but why go to a party to which you were uninvited?Did he think he was going to win her back by being a dick? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Come back to N.Y.City and she would be nobody.  I do like to see her house and furnishings tho.

Since she has lived in NYC a shorter period than she has lived anywhere else in her life and only moved there because it’s where her now deceased husband lived, they met in DC, why on earth would she do that? Regardless, I imagine Micheal also brought her breakfast in bed when she lived there and on Long Island.

edited because I am an idiot and used the wrong name.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

How is Caleb related to Thomas? This is pretty strange to date a relative of your baby daddy. But since T-Rav impregnated someone else, I guess this is a “good way” (in Kathyrn’s estimation only) to get vengeance AND make up for her racism scandal. Sigh. I also hope Caleb’s branch of the family tree grew from a love relationship and not the Ravenel ancestor raping his slaves. I hate that I even have to consider that, but they’re so proud of their plantations and being “scions,” that I can’t be too sure.

They’re not related. They have similar last names but are not spelled the same.  His first name is odd - Chleb - but pronounced as Caleb.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

What a lame boring episode. 

That party didn’t seem fun. So windy and seemed like a random location.

Austen and Madison are so annoying.

Leva is annoying too.

Shep was the only one who entertained me in the episode.

I feel like Pringle was over the whole party lol.

The food looked good tho.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

At the start, this was suppose to be Southern Charm, you know the gentility of the well-heeled?

Ply them with wine and stir up old antagonisms, shouting match ensues, profit!

At least there was a jet stream on Capers Island.  Which, what they showed of it wasn't too charming, unless one is going for the wild, undeveloped nature vibe.  I suspect they catered a party out there because they couldn't find other indoor venues for this TV get together.

Austen gets mad at Leva but he didn't get mad at Craig for meddling in his relationship with Madison?  If it wasn't a fake setup for the show, he should be beating up Craig for being such a meddling bitch.

He also probably has displaced anger from Madison belittling him.  She told him you come in with this big dick energy but you don't have it (a big dick?).  In the previews, she's calling him a beta and a pussy.  Come on, she's either a very horrible person or it's classic producers egging her on, giving her things to say.

Then you have Kathryn and the girls.  The Gwynn's boss must want publicity for her store so she's going to play out some melodrama on the show.  Danni is suppose to be Kathryn's BFF but why?  They must be almost 10 years apart in age.  Doubtful she and Kathryn spend a lot of time off camera.  She didn't seem to know Kathryn was dating someone for awhile.

Yeah people are right to be skeptical of Kathryn dating a black man.  There was some other reality show cast member who got in trouble for saying something racist on social media and her retort was how she'd slept with black men.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

This was a very awkward party in every imaginable way. Have to ask how a hairdresser in Charleston is able to afford an event planner and a private island. So on a hot July day you go to a beach with no shade but so windy that your hair and fancy dresses are all blowing; you can’t throw a football. You wear a white dress that is sure to have a brown hem by the end of the day.  All the bitchy ladies stand around gossiping about one person ( yeah, I know Katherine) and Madison collects compliments and is as bitchy as hell to Austen.  Austen pouts like a preteen but why go to a party to which you were uninvited?Did he think he was going to win her back by being a dick? 

It was for the show, they were going to get these people together, get them drunk, hope for some shouting matches at least.

They probably didn't anticipate the wind but the show probably paid for the caterer, made it look like Madison arranged it all.

But you had people arrive in different groups so they could film their convos.

Of course Austen was going to go.  If he wants that paycheck he does what he's told.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

They’re not related. They have similar last names but are not spelled the same.  His first name is odd - Chleb - but pronounced as Caleb.

Thanks for the lowdown. That’s so odd that Kathyrn set it up that “he’s also a Ravenel”—if he’s not of “The Charleston Ravenels” or what have you. The way they were going on about how she’s known him a long time, I’m picturing Ravenel family parties. Though, I’m sure Thomas’s dad in particular would have been horribly racist, so I’m glad Chleb has been spared from that.

• Love 5

I’m sure Chleb’s family and Thomas’ are of the same family tree, changing the name a little along the way. I mean, Charleston is not that big, and that’s not a common last name anywhere else in the country. Not exactly “Jones” or “Smith.”

Madison was totally using Pringle to make Austen jealous, and everyone could see it. That being said, who cares. Not interested in Austen at all.   Also, didn’t Chelsea AND her dad pretty much insinuate that Austen is a beta male?  His owning yellow pants that Craig owns, among other things, show that  he has no charisma and is a follower, doing whatever Shep and Craig do. That’s not attractive. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Can we please never see Austen getting dressed again?  We saw his saggy boxer briefs and doughy body enough in the threesome video.  

I must disagree. I thought his body was smoking in this episode. And he has a nice face. But his personality and his soul ruin the entire package, so to speak. That blue dress was amazing as was the green dress Dani had on at that weird store. I might have to find that dress. Craig is a bitch ass bitch. Kathryn’s lips look ridiculous.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Like others have mentioned, Kathryn has her own issues. However, with the exception of Danni, the other three women are just using her for screentime/storylines. The Gwynn's chick fired Kathryn, so why would she expect Kathryn to reach out to her? Leva does nothing but talk about Kathryn non-stop and is using her to advance her storyline. The other woman we've seen once, we know absolutely nothing about her, she's meeting Kathryn for the first time, yet she thinks she should get involved and try to mediate?

On to Danni, there's something going on there. I feel like she's using Kathryn's flaky reputation to get everyone on her side of the argument. Yet, when Kathryn mentions that Danni was hard to get ahold of, she gets flustered and runs away.  No to mention her possessiveness. Kathryn told Leva she felt all alone and Danni reacted like she cheated on her.

Madison is a very spiteful person.  Austin would be best served just to walk away and not engage. Craig went through a similar situation with Naomi, so I think he's coming from a good place with his advice.

Shep & Natalie were the smart ones.  Beach parties should be casual unless they're after dark. It was too hot & too windy, everyone look uncomfortable

• Love 15
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Shut the f up Leva!  

Why is she obsessed with Kathryn?  It’s kind of psychotic.  Kathryn is an idiot, and I cannot stand her, but why is Leva always talking about her, obsessively?  

Could be because Leva is Cameran’s friend and joined up to take Kathryn down after she spread rumors about Cameran’s husband.

• Useful 6
  • Love 12

I know Pringle is not a popular fella on these boards, but he won me over a bit with the "What have I gotten myself into? I'm so over this" faces and attitude. His attempt to get in on the "shut the f@ck up!" shaming was half-hearted at best.  And I laughed out loud in the last episode when he said "43 and I'm talking about guy code" and rolled his eyes.  I wonder if he'll come back for another season.

Did I hear Madison call Austen and Craig the "Mustard Brothers"?  If so, well done, Madison.

If I thought the rest of the drama wasn't mostly producer-driven shenanigans I would have more to say about it.  I did enjoy how it amped up a bit on the return boat ride when they were all drunk.

All of that said, I enjoy this show more than I probably should.  I'll miss it when it's over.

• Love 15

As a part of her character on the show, Leva certainly must make her point per the Bravo production, however, she seemed to be very honest with Kathryn and they seem to get each other's positions really well.  For me, when you see who someone is, based on their behavior, you believe it and act accordingly.  That's something that most of this cast has no clue about. How refreshing to see a character who doesn't coddle the pitiful and sickening behavior the way Cameron did.  Leva's right.  Kathryn is not like a wounded bird that needs delicate care.  Right now, she's an admitted substance abuser who is back into her addiction. Presumably, while caring for small children.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
53 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Could be because Leva is Cameran’s friend and joined up to take Kathryn down after she spread rumors about Cameran’s husband.

I bet that is Leva's plan, but her plan is backfiring.  1 - Kathryn doesn't gaf about anyone or anything.  2 - you can't make someone gaf. 

So, Leva ends up looking pathetic and crazy.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I must disagree. I thought his body was smoking in this episode. And he has a nice face. But his personality and his soul ruin the entire package, so to speak. That blue dress was amazing as was the green dress Dani had on at that weird store. I might have to find that dress. Craig is a bitch ass bitch. Kathryn’s lips look ridiculous.

Hey there are folks who think Thomas and Shep are attractive so I’m not surprised by anything at this point.

• LOL 11

What a shitshow! 

Pringle stole the episode for me when he just looked around, like WTF these people are crazy, and just said out loud (to no one in particular), "I'm just happy to be here."  I laughed so hard I peed my pants.  

14 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Patricia getting breakfast in bed cracks me up.  She walks around like she is Royalty with that attitude.  Come back to N.Y.City and she would be nobody.  I do like to see her house and furnishings tho.

She actually was somebody in NYC when she lived there, and likely she would pick up with those friends and be in a society circle again if she moved back. I don't particularly like her but I acknowledge that she made something of her life.

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I was wondering that and then figured that is why the boat remained docked there the whole time.

It was a pontoon boat but yeah I guess maybe there was a small basic bathroom in one corner? Alternately, production likely had a porta-potty or two out of camera range.

Venita scored 100 with her dress and looks and demeanor. Hard to hang out with this group and come out such a winner.

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Shut the f up Leva!  

Why is she obsessed with Kathryn?  It’s kind of psychotic.  Kathryn is an idiot, and I cannot stand her, but why is Leva always talking about her, obsessively?  

Because Katherine may be this n that, but she attracts attention all the time?  Jealously?

• Love 6

I loved Danni’s green dress and must look for an equivalent, though the outfit she eventually chose was probably more comfortable for sand-sitting. While Madison’s attire was calculatedly gorgeous and the food looked delicious, I’d have hated being in either the sun, the wind, or both the sun and wind, that long, not to mention sitting on the ground like that. Give me a regular chair any day. 

Austen should not have showed up after saying he wouldn’t. Madison shouldn’t have kept needling him throughout. Yet Pringle should have kept his interview opinions unsaid. Maybe he’s one-dimensional and never cared enough about anybody to get emotional when you see them while the breakup is still raw, but he doesn’t have to put that expectation on anyone else. 

Still, the preview with Madison throwing incorrect and sexist slurs bugged me royally (I am so sick of people thinking pussies and the people who have them are synonymous with weak, undesirable, unworthy, and less than), so she can go ahead and detonate her prospects.

But Craig and his smug-ass face and throwing “girls and boys have different definitions for rationality” with “boys” being superior just rubbed me raw. How is it rational for him to hear and believe only one side of a conversation that has nothing to do with him? And to keep shooting down the other side when it’s trying to speak??

I’m thinking that while Danni signed up to continue on this show, she just isn’t cut out for the excessive displays and reopening wounds that the producers demand, and that that’s why so much about her scenes seem off and disjointed. And the other women ambushing her at the table to go talk to Kathryn was vile. 

Leva can go start her own show that I won’t watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

She actually was somebody in NYC when she lived there, and likely she would pick up with those friends and be in a society circle again if she moved back. I don't particularly like her but I acknowledge that she made something of her life.

She was and she would.  I read her book.  She is a very accomplished woman.  Plus, Whitney is a very good Son who looks over his Mother.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, goofygirl said:

The whole premise of being dressed up for some BEACH PARTY is just sooo dumb.  But that's just me!  

Especially in the south. In July. With 1,000% humidity. Talk about torture. Austen was right about that. Stupid idea. I live in the south and trust me nobody would go to a beach party in the summer in long pants and long skirts and dresses. Why these bitches wouldn't pull their hair back in ponys and buns is beyond me. Just let it fly in your face all frikkin' day. Sure, that looks comfortable. 

Danni, girl. Use your words. She gets tongue tied around Kathryn and sounds like a babbling idiot when she tries to confront her. That's why they go in circles. Like high school girls arguing. No fan of dimwit Kathryn but at least she kept asking Danni what her problem was and never really got an honest answer. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, RalyWilmy said:

I know Pringle is not a popular fella on these boards, but he won me over a bit with the "What have I gotten myself into? I'm so over this" faces and attitude. His attempt to get in on the "shut the f@ck up!" shaming was half-hearted at best.  And I laughed out loud in the last episode when he said "43 and I'm talking about guy code" and rolled his eyes.  I wonder if he'll come back for another season.

Did I hear Madison call Austen and Craig the "Mustard Brothers"?  If so, well done, Madison.

If I thought the rest of the drama wasn't mostly producer-driven shenanigans I would have more to say about it.  I did enjoy how it amped up a bit on the return boat ride when they were all drunk.

All of that said, I enjoy this show more than I probably should.  I'll miss it when it's over.

Other than seeing scenes of Charleston, I won't miss this show that much if it never returns. I did get a kick out of several things Pringle said and his dawning realization that Madison's pretty face and good bod might not be worth dealing with the cruel temperament. He'll probably come back next season since the money is good and relatively easy.

Edited by RedHawk
Missing words
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, aghst said:

Austen gets mad at Leva but he didn't get mad at Craig for meddling in his relationship with Madison?  If it wasn't a fake setup for the show, he should be beating up Craig for being such a meddling bitch.

Craig's approach is all wrong. If he would just tell his bestie mustard pants buddy Austen that he has been there with Naomi and it's way to early for the "friendship" thing maybe Austen would understand. He's trying to tell him that distance is the only way to mend the pain of the breakup. and the best thing to do is cut all ties for now.  But noooooo Craig has to come off like a meddling gossipy asshole as usual.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

Still, the preview with Madison throwing incorrect and sexist slurs bugged me royally (I am so sick of people thinking pussies and the people who have them are synonymous with weak, undesirable, unworthy, and less than), so she can go ahead and detonate her prospects.

Leva can go start her own show that I won’t watch.

I am so disgusted by Madison saying that.  Does she think it makes her sound tough?  It's so gross.  After seeing this side of her, I really do not like her.  

Yes Leva should just go off and start her own show.  She is trying really hard to change this show into what it is not, and it is hard to watch.  

• Love 14

Madison, you are so mean.  I can't believe I actually feel a little bad for  Austen.  He's been working so hard picking out his favorite flavors and a cute name for a beer that someone else brews for him.  

Leva has a beautiful family and a very successful business she is trying to keep going....why is she so obsessed with Kathryn?  It's exhausting.  

Kathryn is a dim bulb and has been raised on the isolated and dilapidated family plantation by a family that keeps the Calhoun name going. her legal last name is Dennis, she (they) use Calhoun as a middle name by choice.... it is what it is. I think she named her kids Calhoun Ravanel?  She's not going to renounce it, she embraces it.  Her family has used that name as greatly devalued currency for generations,  do you think you personally are going to change that?  A few seasons ago Whitney and Patricia were impressed by her lineage. 

move on Leva. you genuinely look crazy. is that what you want?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Like others have mentioned, Kathryn has her own issues. However, with the exception of Danni, the other three women are just using her for screentime/storylines. The Gwynn's chick fired Kathryn, so why would she expect Kathryn to reach out to her? Leva does nothing but talk about Kathryn non-stop and is using her to advance her storyline. The other woman we've seen once, we know absolutely nothing about her, she's meeting Kathryn for the first time, yet she thinks she should get involved and try to mediate?

Totally.  Wind and splashing water at the back of the boat my ass.  They were SO trying to insert themselves in the drama.

• Love 11