Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

Message added by TexasGal

Hmmm, it seems just hours ago that I gave a nice reminder to move on.  I’ve now hidden posts.  Future posts purely focused on the Rumble in the Winery will earn warnings.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, charliesan said:

This goddamned show made me watch some bloggers in YouTube just to see if Monique really had some pull with them, and in one video a blogger was commenting on how Monique was a great mother and she didn't need the show and how she was the only storyline Candiace had, etc. And then the interviewer said "so I know you're friends with Monique..." that was just enough to convince me that Monique doesn't just maintain relationships with these people, she goes out of her way to make friendships with them. I know ALL the housewives, and reality stars for that matter, have relationships with the press, but I think Monique went out of her way to really have them on her side.   

I was on a YouTube video of Richie Skye who suddenly has become a Monique supporter, he's even taken the video of Gizelle calling him a "cutie pie" out of his intro.  

People, espeically a lot of black people like Monique for many reasons; first many black women have issues with light skinned and/or mixed women (many YouTube videos about that) but also because of what Monique represents:  A working class girl who married the prince and now lives in a castle, that's a dream many women still want.  

• Love 8

Weird thought here:   But maybe there was a “plot” to get Monique off the show and it played perfectly.  Robyn and Gizelle float the idea that they are going to out this rumor and let Monique stew in her juices, getting more and more paranoid as the weeks go on.  They use Candiace to have her bring Charisse in to get M worried that it’s going to be brought up and then isn’t.  It’s an undercurrent for Monique the whole season until she finally blows and now isn’t back.  Gizelle never brought it up on camera AND she gets rid of Monique.  Now who’s playing chess, Chris S??

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Gizelle needs to stop with these bodyguards. The woman has never been in a threatened position. She’s just trying to deflect that her supposed man didn’t show up for her. Jamals ass should have been on that stage if he wanted to prove that he wasn’t a bit player in a fake storyline.  He didn’t care enough to show.

Candiace produced zero tears backstage with Chris. Enough of the fake crying! She provoked a fight and got her ass whooped. She didn’t get that upset when her own mama nailed her with a purse! So Chris sold his restaurant and is doing video cooking lessons and catering. Hmmm, wonder when their financial issues will hit the fan?

Michael and Juan should have been present for the reunion. 

Chris Samuels was not a threat to any of those woman. So he made a dumb comment a few months ago. He wouldn’t hit a lady. He said so himself. 
I liked how the two Chris’s hugged backstage. 

Candyass got her apology but won’t accept it because she is loving the attention she is getting and keeping this going. She needs the show since neither her nor her husband work. 

I thought Ray was sweet but don’t love these vow renewals. They should have a big anniversary party if things are better COVID wise.

Wendy’s husband is cute but Wendy herself adds little to the show. I wonder if she was that boring as a professor? Probably.

Robyn saying she it was a good thing Juan wasn’t there. I doubt Juan would go off on Chris. I wonder if he stayed away because he didn’t want to be forced to defend Robyn.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

Weird thought here:   But maybe there was a “plot” to get Monique off the show and it played perfectly.  Robyn and Gizelle float the idea that they are going to out this rumor and let Monique stew in her juices, getting more and more paranoid as the weeks go on.  They use Candiace to have her bring Charisse in to get M worried that it’s going to be brought up and then isn’t.  It’s an undercurrent for Monique the whole season until she finally blows and now isn’t back.  Gizelle never brought it up on camera AND she gets rid of Monique.  Now who’s playing chess, Chris S??

Gizelle said the rumor in her talking head and referred to Chris as Big Boy. She is a crappy human being. No wonder nobody in her family likes the bitch!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Gizelle should have not responded to Chris that way. I think Monique and Chris really wanted Gizelle's friendship and her approval. I think they still do. That's why I think they filmed in their home with her. I really want to like Monique because of her nice husband lol. Robyn seemed uncomfortable at certain points,her skin was so red. Candiace shouldn't waste anymore time giving Monique a second thought. Monique seems to want Ashley and Gizelle's friendship. Ray seemed so passive aggressive with Karen. I feel for her because she doesn't seem to get the respect she should. I wish Michael would have been there. I think he would of made this reunion very very explosive especially with Chris S already there lol. Chris kind of looked kind of crazy when he first walked out haha. Wendy didn't get to talk much,I'm sure she was disappointed lol. Her husband seems nice,I feel sorry his family and him don't talk.

Gizelle must of took a xanax or just down and out about Jamal. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Uh oh, Ray is threatening his marriage with a vow renewal!!!

Lets hope Karen doesn't do a Braunwyn.  After her renewal ,and after 20 years of marriage, she discovered she was an alcoholic lesbian with 7 children that actually hated having sex with men.   However, Braunwyn says her husband is one of her best friends.  So Ray, be careful!

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, spunky said:

Chris S and Monique are truly disgusting.  They're upset about the "plot" on their child,  but condone a blogger threatening Chris B's children. Now I'm wondering if that was the blogger Candiace told to "drop dead".

Yes, he was the blogger who Candiace told to drop dead.

5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I come away with still feeling like production was not huge fans of theirs because they definitely went out of their way to make them look as badly as possible.

Monique & Chris helped Michael escape those charges for assaulting their crewmember by hiding the security footage (allegedly). Production would not be happy with them.

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I’m curious about Chris's unshakable faith in The Plot. He came out saying how he wanted those involved to take responsibility, and when he heard the whole story from Candiace, and Gizelle explained her part, he still felt like there was a plot and that something was being hidden. What was it that he wanted to know that wasn't addressed?

Monique hyped him up and he has no choice but to go along with it because the alternative is the gossip is true and he doesn't want to believe that.

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

The Samueleses said that they felt betrayed by Candiace, but neither of them really changed their attitudes toward her when they learned that she hadn't (or that she didn't attack Monique first).

Because (IMO) Karen told Monique that Candiace was sitting there plotting with Gizelle to tear her family apart.

3 hours ago, byrd said:

Please forgive this, but I really wish it was Gizelle's head that was being slammed into the table instead of Candice.

I don't wish anyone's head slammed in a table, not even Michael Darby's.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

People, espeically a lot of black people like Monique for many reasons; first many black women have issues with light skinned and/or mixed women (many YouTube videos about that) but also because of what Monique represents:  A working class girl who married the prince and now lives in a castle, that's a dream many women still want.  

You can count the number of YouTube bloggers who do not support Monique's violence on one hand.  95% of them are pro-Monique.  Unfortunately for Candiace, Monique knows how to handle social media and image management better than Candiace.  She put the story out there first that Candiace attacked her first and kept her team of bloggers repeating it over and over and over again. She befriended bloggers who were somewhat neutral and got them on her side, then those bloggers changed their tune from "Both of them were wrong" or "Candiace didn't deserve to be attacked" to "Candiace needed her ass whipped" or "Candiace was provoking and got what she deserved."  If you were a regular viewer of those blogs and the narrative shifts, then your perception will change too unless you start doing some critical thinking about the situation.

Monique also had other TV personalities/celebrities cheering her on or following her on social media. Candiace couldn't win the social media war AND she is nasty on social media so there was no way for her to win.'

What Candiace NEEDS to do is turn her professional social media over to a marketing company and let them run it.  It will do her a world of good.

Monique and Chris announce their departure from RHOP.

I do believe Monique wanted to come back and I believe she got a Friend contract and was willing to sign it but Chris told her it was time for her to leave RHOP alone.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Gizelle sat there with her dour face all contorted smelling her own shit on her upper lip. HATE her low down lying fake ass!

THIS! ⬆️

Gizelle is so messy and full of jealousy, yet she gets away with everything.  She’s a fraud.  She’s due for her comeuppance next season. It’s a amazing that a beautiful woman like Gizelle, with the influence of her sweet father, turned out to be such a spoiled brat.  She reminds me of the fraud Phaedra Parks. Appearances are deceiving.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

THIS! ⬆️

Gizelle is so messy and full of jealousy, yet she gets away with everything.  She’s a fraud.  She’s due for her comeuppance next season. It’s a amazing that a beautiful woman like Gizelle, with the influence of her sweet father, turned out to be such a spoiled brat.  She reminds me of the fraud Phaedra Parks. Appearances are deceiving.

I think Wendy described Gizelle perfectly in part 1.  They were talking about how Gizelle really can't dress and Wendy said something like, Gizelle is so pretty she never had to try. 

About three years ago this comic strip was floating around about privilege and one of the things it showed is that when people have privilege all their lives, they begin to think they deserve it.  The irony is that Monique's children (Monique has 4 houses, remember?) will have that same type of privilege. 

At any rate, the Gooniques are all screaming that Andy gaslighted (is that even a word?) Monique, so there is that. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I think Wendy described Gizelle perfectly in part 1.  They were talking about how Gizelle really can't dress and Wendy said something like, Gizelle is so pretty she never had to try. 

About three years ago this comic strip was floating around about privilege and one of the things it showed is that when people have privilege all their lives, they begin to think they deserve it.  The irony is that Monique's children (Monique has 4 houses, remember?) will have that same type of privilege. 

I attended a very ritzy, expensive, well ranked private college with more of a conservative ideological bend.  Many of the kids were rich by way of their parents.  

If I had a dime for everytime one of them made comments about how poor people should just "pull themselves up by the bootstraps " "get off welfare and get a job" and "work hard in school like I did" I would have a house next the Jeff bozos and a rocket ship to the moon.  

Never once did any one of them stop to think of how privileged they were to have a life where their only problem was attending high school and getting a high SAT score.  The same kids talking about everyone else's bootstraps were the same ones who couldn't pull up themselves up by the bootstraps to go to morning class after keeper.  

Privilege is such a double edged sword.  I hope none of their children grow up feeling that they are owed their privileges.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Privilege is such a double edged sword.  I hope none of their children grow up feeling that they are owed their privileges. 

I never liked Monique because of that "I have 4 homes" talk.  I realize she was trying to best Gizelle but...no sis.  If you talk like that, if your kids hear you talk like that then they'll talk like that to other kids and turn into a spoiled brat, just like Gizelle.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Candiace explained very well why it was hard to accept the apology.  How sincere is it when the incident happened approx a year ago yet just within the last few weeks Monique has bragged about "finishing her off" and released a song called "Drag Queens"?  What do the words mean if the person has clearly demonstrated that they aren't sorry?

I think that Candiace explained herself very well in a couple of ways in the reunion - one, her explanation as to why it was hard to accept the apology. And two, when pressed on whether or not she felt she had any responsibility, she walked everyone through how she walked away from Monique several times, which seems to be forgotten by those who are justifying Monique's behavior by saying that Candiace "runs her mouth."  Candiace can be nasty verbally, there is no doubt; but she showed much more maturity in general and maturity in this situation that she's been given credit for. 

• Love 17

Wondering why Broke Chris said the BBQ joint was sold. According to the site it's open and Myron the businesses namesake just opened a branch in Miami.

What was up with Robyn's hair? Were those little inky looking things crimps?

I've never seen Gizelle so quiet at a reunion. That Jamal business was such a bad idea. What was she thinking? Everyone knows he's a conniving, corrupt man-whore!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, byrd said:

Please forgive this, but I really wish it was Gizelle's head that was being slammed into the table instead of Candice. 

They would find someone else just as nauseating.

I think she needs to bang her own head against a table.  She's the worst. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Yes, he was the blogger who Candiace told to drop dead.

While her words were harsh I understand why she said it. A so called adult threatened her husband's children.  Bonus mama bear came out.

• Love 4

I assume Monique was fired and allowed the usual face saving ability to say she is moving on because yada yada yada. The reality was that four women would not shoot with her and Bravo would have a difficult time justifying her return based on her actions - the fight; the lack of remorse and the social media bullying.

Nothing Candiace did this season justified the insane demon that race around the grounds wanting to attack her again - and then was shown to be lucid enough to give a blow by blow description in the limo. Candiace had spent several episodes deliberately not responding to provocative remarks and removing herself from tense situations with Monique.

Porsha was remorseful and was made to go through anger management before she was slowly let back on the show. I think the ladies were genuinely (and rightfully) afraid to film with Monique since part of the show is to have the ladies shade each other and engage in verbal blowups. How can you do that if one of the cast member is going to possibly physically attack you AND have an army of social media followers go after you. Evidently there were threats against Candiace's family members which in this era of lunatics is not something to be taken lightly.

I don't mind Gizelle - she has a shade to do it and she does it with sass. She is amusing and not psychotic or unpleasant to watch. I don't care if she has a fake storyline with Jamal - I don't care if she doesn't have a storyline as she is fun to watch including wondering what terrible outfit she will show up in 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

At any rate, the Gooniques are all screaming that Andy gaslighted (is that even a word?) Monique, so there is that. 

It's one thing to have a strong opinion about the show's characters. It's another thing to deliberately antagonize folks that have a differing opinions. 

• Love 3

Even though Monique is a liar, I actually don't think she was fired.  I think she was given a crappy Friend contract and she saw how she was going to be treated in Season 6 (I recapped her video over in the media thread) and decided she really didn't need their little check and decided to bounce.

Quick Cliff Notes of the video:

• BRAVO/production booked her in a crappy hotel for the reunion but the other cast members in the nicer hotel where the reunion was being filmed and she only knew about it after texting Karen
  • Chris did have words with Charisse at Safeway
  • She will not ever make up with Candiace
  • A lot was edited out and what was shown wasn't in her favor
  • She's going to concentrate on her oils and podcast

I believe BRAVO really couldn't fire Monique but keep Michael and Ashley on, plus housewives from other franchises fight and they're not fired so they weren't going to fire Monique for fighting either.  She SHOULD've been fired for fighting but she wasn't going to be.

• Love 9

CandyAss is not a victim, and she has not taken accountability nor has she been held accountable - *cough* Andy - for constantly running her mouth, let alone throwing a knife last season. 

Andy, as a host, needs to not be biased. He obviously failed with Potomac. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Axie said:

I know a whole lot of people don’t like Gizelle, but, what would this franchise be without her?

I love to hate her 😀.  The dynamic between her and Karen is what keeps me watching.   Everyone else is interchangeable.   

My biggest lol of the night...  Karen was referring a to a medical condition with Monique and says “I’m not a doctor,  but....”.  The Wendy tries to chime in with “well I know who is, and...”.  Then Andy quickly cuts her off and moves on.   A PhD is something to be proud of,  but not that dang proud...lol.   It wasn’t even applicable to the situation...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Finally finished!

1. I noticed that Monique managed to eek out a few tears.....for herself.....

2. Also notice that the second Monique managed to croak out an apology she was right back to blaming everyone else for her actions

3. If Monique feels justified in what she is doing why doesn't she admit to it.  She always has someone else to blame for her actions.....her dad, some random family member she said something to, a blogger she knowing NOTHING ABOUT.  

4.  I'm fine with Andy dragging Monique because she has a way of trying to wriggle out of any and all accountability, as she is on social media and surrounded by sycophants.  She really thinks that she is smarter than everyone else because the people around her buy her nonsense.  

a. she couldn't apologize to Candace because it was "legal" but when it wasn't legal she still couldn't apologize

b. her actions were wrong, but she had to write a diss rap about it and somehow it was her therapists fault

c. apologizing to candace was a bad  idea legally, but releasing a rap song publicly was a great legal idea.  Did she run any of that by her lawyer, because it doesn't sound like a good idea.

5.  I play checkers, so I do not understand this plot at all and why it required all this drama.  Chase is VERY CLEARLY Chris's son, in 15 years he will still be Chris's son.  In 15 years no one in the general population is going to care about this dumb rumor that Chase isn't Chris's son.  The only people who MIGHT be talking about it are the same people who were always talking about it before it was on the show, which are people in their immediate area.  They went through all this trouble NOT to put the rumor on national TV....and then they both spent the reunion...putting the rumor on national TV?

5b.  Again, only playing chinese checkers here, but wouldn't the easiest way to squash the rumor been to address it, instead of letting innuendo fly around?

6.  Monique was shitty to Candace the entire season and plotted to get her off the show, but she expected loyalty from her and for Candace to run to her and tell her about some half baked rumor that is as stupid as it sounds. 

7. I almost feel sorry for Ashley, but this is the life she chose.  I hope she gets a Christmas bonus in her weekly check for defending a sexual predator on national TV.

8.  Chris and Candace are sweet.  He is broke, he has kids, but I think she is happy and that he is the right man for her.   Online cooking classes sound fun (if I cooked). 

9. WHERE ARE THE HELL ARE YOUR HATS ROBYN!?!?!??

10. Ray is right, all of the acclaim is going to Karen's head.  She has a way to go, but trying to get someone fired because they dared to talk back to you feels VERY Nene Leakes.  

11. Karen is full of shit, but she sounds so sincere.  I hope Candace won't fall for Karen's fake motherly ploy again.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I love to hate her 😀.  The dynamic between her and Karen is what keeps me watching.   Everyone else is interchangeable.   

My biggest lol of the night...  Karen was referring a to a medical condition with Monique and says “I’m not a doctor,  but....”.  The Wendy tries to chime in with “well I know who is, and...”.  Then Andy quickly cuts her off and moves on.   A PhD is something to be proud of,  but not that dang proud...lol.   It wasn’t even applicable to the situation...

I think Wendy was low-key clowning herself with that line. 

She doesn't seem to take herself too seriously and she has to have read that people kinda eye roll her over the "Dr. Wendy" thing.  

• Love 11
14 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's clear Gizelle did say something on camera re the baby rumor because they showed us Gizelle saying something on camera. Now, this was only AFTER Chris said the whole thing about the baby looking like him to Gizelle. So IMO, Gizelle likely thought that Monique and Chris were playing this the smart way* and taking hold of the false narrative and talking about it on camera in order to refute it. So she mentioned it.

If Bravo had any on-camera evidence that Candiace talked about the rumor, they would have showed it last night, IMO. So I still think Candiace had extremely little to do with it except participating in a conversation after Andy's baby shower where the rumor was discussed. Monique fixated on her because of her rage, though, because she felt that Candiace was the weakest link. And because apparently there is no way for her to get at Gigi and Charisse.

*To be fair to Monique and Chris, it's completely understandable that they would be angry that someone was spreading this rumor. I absolutely get their anger on that. But they seemingly know that the rumor originated with someone who wasn't part of the cast, so why they kept focusing on the cast, as opposed to Gigi is beyond me. I suspect that Gizelle would NOT have said anything on camera had Chris not said something to her so, yeah, they shot themselves in the foot. For people who were SO. DETERMINED. for this rumor to stay off the show, everything they did backfired spectacularly. 

13 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I totally let out a studio-audience-type "Ooooooooooooh" at this! Too funny! Jamal is so gross.

I’m curious about Chris's unshakable faith in The Plot. He came out saying how he wanted those involved to take responsibility, and when he heard the whole story from Candiace, and Gizelle explained her part, he still felt like there was a plot and that something was being hidden. What was it that he wanted to know that wasn't addressed?

The Samueleses said that they felt betrayed by Candiace, but neither of them really changed their attitudes toward her when they learned that she hadn't (or that she didn't attack Monique first).

Is there a word for giggling and shuddering at the same time? Hahahaha! and Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Speaking of gestures, I know I'm not the only one here who nearly hurt themselves eye-rolling at Chris' confession of how much Monique's inner strength made him love her even more. It was tied with Monique's Father excuse as the most "C'mon, Really?" part of the show. 

13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I detest Monique, I never could stand her or her stank face.

BUT, there's one thing I detest even more and I noticed this last night on the reunion:  It's when the host isn't neutral and obviously takes sides.  Andy took a lot of shots at Monique last night.  I think he was VERY upset at her comment about, "if I'm fired, I wanted to finish her (Candiace) off."  Which was what she also said on Watch What Happens Live.

Wrong choice of words.  She should have said, "I don't remember running after her, I was like...still blacked out."  

Monqiue strikes me as someone who does what all of us sometimes do, say the first thing that's in your head.  What's troublesome is that Monique had a whole year to figure out what she wanted to say.

12 hours ago, charliesan said:

That was a mess... 

If I were Karen I'd work extra hours in recommending several friends to guarantee that she'll have an ally next season. The biggest reveal for me is that she tried to get Candiace fired, and they didn't need to have a binder for that information. I'm actually really surprised Candiace was able to keep that secret until the reunion and it explains so much more why she's so emotional about this betrayal. While Karen's still my favorite, she showed herself to be more calculating and conniving than Gizelle herself, she's sorta reminding me of LVP in BH, I felt many cast-members didn't fuck with her due to jealousy of being the fan favorite, and while I think that was part of it I think they were also tired of all of her shenanigans behind the scenes and it finally caught up with her. 

Chris S came off unhinged and crazy, but I don't fault him as much because I think he was between a rock and a hard place. I can imagine him being utterly embarrassed and hurt, I do believe they thought the other women were talking and giggling about all of the rumors surrounding the trainer and his son, and wouldn't that be, in a way, attacking his manhood? Not that I'd agree with him, but here's a successful, rich, big and strong NFL player who didn't satisfy his woman enough so she had an affair with non other than a personal trainer. I can see how he could take this as a personal offense against him, even though it was "directed" at Monique. Maybe this is why he did that gross joke about Monique giving him oral and why he took a few jabs against her this season. Now, I'm not saying he was right nor do I believe he should feel this way, but with Monique's "can't keep a man" insults maybe they're both in the belief that "having a man" or "having a woman" makes you better than the rest. Who knows, it's just a theory. 

While I detest Ashley one thing I will give her is that this girl is a survivor, I cannot believe she didn't get more heat and that Michael didn't have to go to the reunion since her entire storyline revolved around him cheating on her, again. She was also masterful in how he reacted towards Monique, like some of you said she made it known that she supported her, but not enough that she didn't get sink with her in the process. 

The biggest snake is, of course, Andy. He had Monique several times in WWHL and I think it was the last time that he referenced the binder and he said something like "oh this will be on the half of fame of HW" or something along those lines. Watching that I thought for sure Monique was one of his favorites, but watching this reunion it was clear he gaslighted the gastlighter of Potomac. 

This goddamned show made me watch some bloggers in YouTube just to see if Monique really had some pull with them, and in one video a blogger was commenting on how Monique was a great mother and she didn't need the show and how she was the only storyline Candiace had, etc. And then the interviewer said "so I know you're friends with Monique..." that was just enough to convince me that Monique doesn't just maintain relationships with these people, she goes out of her way to make friendships with them. I know ALL the housewives, and reality stars for that matter, have relationships with the press, but I think Monique went out of her way to really have them on her side.   

11 hours ago, byrd said:

Yes, it was a long time, but when you are in crisis mode, that time can just fly by without even a notice. It may have taken her this long to admit her wrong because she felt attacked my Candiace's mouth . I will miss her on the show, I hate this happened because Monique was a real housewife and I loved seeing her lifestyle and interaction with the kids and Chris. However someone should have given Chris a Valium. 

10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Its like they played themselves

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Candace feels like a young kenya.  Over the top and campy.  And I like kenya so its not an insult from my perspective.  

Candace doesn't have the same grit and thick skin that kenya has quite yet.  And candace takes things very personally, which is part of the reason I think she lashes out with such intensity.  

I think kenya longs for a loving mother figure too but she wouldn't have allowed Karen to get that close to her.  Candace is too trusting and naive and she will develop a defensive guard with time and will be more careful about who she lets in and how fast she does it.    

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

And this is why they could have gotten away with handwaving it all away as the rantings if a jealous harpie.  

A season or two ago when monique was in charge of the girls vacation she invited gizelle to breakfast to "clear the air" after she had tried to blindside gizelle with kendyll. 

Gizelle, without any kind of anger simply said "you took your shot and you failed" and something to the effect of "you should have made sure your shot killed me because when I take my shot, it won't miss"

Gizelle has taken a beating this reunion, but she isn't the one leaving the show and with half the cast refusing to film with her.  

Gizelle took her shot and either by chance or by skill, she took out her intened target.  

Can t'challa get a "friend of" contract?

9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was on a YouTube video of Richie Skye who suddenly has become a Monique supporter, he's even taken the video of Gizelle calling him a "cutie pie" out of his intro.  

9 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

7 hours ago, lasu said:

I think mostly everything has already been said, so for the sake of novelty, I'm going to rank the husbands. 

1. Eddie - couldn't have come across any better. He spoke about his family issues with sincerity, and he came across as genuine and likeable. It actually confused me, because I'm so used to hating everyone. Eddie, you seem like a warm, real person. Now get off my tv before you fuck it up. 

2. Broke Chris - if Candace had hired an actor to play "supportive husband" at the reunion,  that actor couldn't have done better than Broke Chris. He backed Candiace's every play without ever seeming like a doormat. Maybe it was an act, but he played his role perfectly. I'm not mad about it. 

3. Juan - wasn't there to make things worse for himself in any way, and every clip they showed of him was a good look. I bet we see him in person next year; I think he shows up just enough to keep Robyn out of trouble and those Bravo paychecks rolling in. Well played on not even showing up. 

4. Ray - no one is fooled. We all know you just announced you are divorcing Karen on national tv. 

5. Jamal - boy, please. 

6. Not Broke Chris - you would have well served yourself to stay home. NBC came off as completely unhinged, even if at the root of things he had a real complaint. I found his behavior bizarre and off putting. And I think more than anything, what got the Samuels into hot water with Andy was Chris's homophobic/transphobic comment about wishing he could pull a Bruce Jenner so he could hit women. I actually think he gave a half decent apology, but I don't think you bounce back from a comment like that, at least not with Andy. 

7. Michael fucking Darby. Honestly, I could have ranked him number one, because seriously?? How is he getting away with this? He is a serial sexual molester of his co-workers. This is a huge deal, and I'm flabbergasted it's being glossed over. Although I did notice Andy specifically said Jamal was invited, but just that Michael couldn't join us. It made me wonder if he was actually barred from the reunion, because honestly, he is the type of arrogant asshole who would think he can outsmart, outwit, and out talk everyone else if just given the chance. I hope it's Bravo's choice, but one way or another, this man is done getting screentime on my tv. 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

I am sad that Monique is leaving RHOP. I loved seeing her homes, Chris & their kids & T'Challa.

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm just catching up on the reunion. What the fuck was Chris Samuels thinking with this preposterous performance?

47 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You play checkers so you couldn't possibly understand (insert eyeroll emoji here)

I have never seen anyone try so hard to undermine themselves so badly.

Monique came into this season in a very enviable position of being rich, beautiful, and having both lovely children and a caring husband.

She came off down to earth and likable and was probably one of the most popular housewives around. She was almost like the Princess Diana of this franchise in that most of the audience really like her and wanted her to succeed.

The truth is she fucked herself over with her own stupidity. If she was smart she would have let her cast mates run with the rumor (which NO ONE believed) and made themselves look like assholes.

It was stupid as hell to attack Candiass because Candiass has nothing to lose. People hate Candiass, no matter what, and Monique just looked like an unhinged maniac.

It makes me realize that Monique might be a control freak but she is not a sophisticated thinker. She handled the situation stupidly and got herself kicked off the show.

Ya'll, I CRINGED SO BADLY when Chris Samuels made the remark about playing chess...no, Chris,...you are playing Candy Land in the dark all by yourself.

Chris Samuels seems like good guy. It fascinates me that he could crush me in the palm of his hand but seems as harmless as a cuddly teddy bear. I feel bad that he will no longer be able to play with white Chris...they seemed to be good friends.

I know some people think Gizelle is hated because she is light skinned (and yes some people probably do dislike her for that) but Ashley, Robyn, and Karen are also light skinned and do not get the same amount of hate.

I think it is because Gizelle has an air of superiority about herself and probably has had pretty girl privileges all her life. Karen does do the Grand Dame thing, but she seems to be in on the joke.

Anyway, I bet now that Monique is gone that they might let Karen bring in someone to be her "friend" (kind of like the way Candiass brought in Wendy) to even out the cast.

Monique being off the show is good and she should stay away from reality tv forever. I will miss not seeing any more of her fabulous lifestyle...she was the only one with any real money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Bring back Katie Rost!! (If she is mentally stable)

Before things went downhill fast Katie was great last time. 

I loved mildly crazy Katie.  She seemed so much more real than she was in her first season.    

Even in at her mental and emotional weakest she handed ashley her ass and I loved to see it.  

She has zero problem standing her ground with gizelle and karen.  

She is kooky but smart.  I like the idea of a kooky, offbeat, eccentric on the show.  

She would have to be mentally stable but after she came back I couldn't help but root for Katie.  Such a crazy underdog. 

• Love 5

I don't understand what Candiace taking accountability looks like, beyond her saying repeatedly she knows she has a reckless mouth and is trying to work on that (which she was this season by repeatedly walking away from skirmishes this season and apologizing constantly).

The only way for Candiace to "take accountability/responsibility" is for her to say "I deserve to get my ass whipped by Monique, it wasn't her fault" and to leave the show.

If that's the case, Ashley needs to make the same statement and leave the show with her.

If that's what the viewers want, that's what the viewers need to say instead of "Candiace needs to take responsibility for her actions."

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 13

I really enjoyed the segment when they went around the room and everybody expressed their disdain for creep Michael. Of course Ashley just sat there with a stupid look on her face.

I don't think Candiass really knew how much she was hated until after the altercation. Apparently it has really screwed her up and Broke Chris wants his wife back. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm just catching up on the reunion. What the fuck was Chris Samuels thinking with this preposterous performance?

Possible thought bubbles:

This crazy ass woman has made me look like a fool - I’ll show them a fool!

If I act like an unstable freak, maybe they’ll feel sorry for her and get off our backs.

I’ll be the guy who stands up for his wife and kids - hell, I’ll even hug her up on the stage and drop a load of soft shit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I don't understand what Candiace taking accountability looks like, beyond her saying repeatedly she knows she has a reckless mouth and is trying to work on that (which she was this season by repeatedly walking away from skirmishes this season and apologizing constantly).

The only way for Candiace to "take accountability/responsibility" is for her to say "I deserve to get my ass whipped by Monique, it wasn't her fault" and to leave the show.

If that's the case, Ashley needs to make the same statement and leave the show with her.

If that's what the viewers want, that's what the viewers need to say instead of "Candiace needs to take responsibility for her actions."

I think what viewers want to see is her not only say it, but do it. Monique can say shes learned to control herself and she's in therapy bla bla bla, and since shes not getting up to beat anyones ass on stage we have no choice right now but to believe her. 

Candiace on the other had admits to having a mouth (being a wordsmith and all BWAHAHAA), and admits to her part in things but then sits on stage and continues to run her big nasty mouth just as badly as she did during the season. 

So the only one at the reunion who proved herself full of shit is Candice IMO.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, HotHW said:

That would be False.... Chris made a complete fool and ass out of himself. Monique dogged dogged and deflected blame blaming EVERYONE else but herself for what she did, did her fake apology then blamed it on everyone else again lol that wasn't an apology ... she didn't take accountability for anything she said it was everyone else's fault... Plus there is G and the whole her man cheating on herself thing ...and Karen and her reason for trying to lie her way out of getting Candace Fired ... Ashly defending her gross husband again and again ....A lot of people proved themselves full of shit LOL.. The only one that came out of this looking good was Wendy and Robyn

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, HotHW said:

I think what viewers want to see is her not only say it, but do it. Monique can say shes learned to control herself and she's in therapy bla bla bla, and since shes not getting up to beat anyones ass on stage we have no choice right now but to believe her. 

Candiace on the other had admits to having a mouth (being a wordsmith and all BWAHAHAA), and admits to her part in things but then sits on stage and continues to run her big nasty mouth just as badly as she did during the season. 

As others have pointed out all of the ladies had their feet held to the fire.

The difference is that none of the others including Candiace did anything that wasn't standard operating procedure. The housewives are PAID to be annoying and shady to each other and have feuds and alliances. However physical violence is outside of what is permitted especially when it is prolonged as Monique's was - this wasn't just some kind of reflexive action like when Cynthia kicked Porsha off her on the boat. The closest was Porsha attacking Kenya and she did suffer repercussions and did a MAJOR mea culpa including anger management. She didn't spend time making matters worse or offering a thousand different justifications for why she snapped.

At any rate, I am probably in a minority as I thought Andy asked the questions I wanted asked of Monique and was just pointing out what was obvious to a non-biased viewer - that there was no "plot" and that even if there had been a "plot", Candiace wasn't involved as well as pointing out that Monique didn't seem to regret what she had done in any kind of meaningful manner. 

• Love 11
On 12/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, HotHW said:

Candiace has brought this show to new lows. Please stop with the crocodile tears over this "fight". Your own mother beat you down just a few seasons ago because you can't control your mouth. Maybe its time to look within and fix yourself. You might be surprised that people stop smacking you around when you stop running your nasty mouth. 

HERE, HERE!!

I grew up on the streets of The Bronx in the 80's so this is my take:

I wish Monique would have just left it at "I dragged her ass cause she needed it dragged and she sent me an engraved invitation so I RSVP'd."  

It was indeed a mutually agreed upon fight and it turns out that, Nope, Candace ain't about that life, over reached and paid the price.

Two women, up in each others faces, in each others personal space, acting aggressive, popping off at the mouth, hands crossing boundaries??? and only one is considered at fault??? GTFOH with that nonsense. Just because one started the thumping while the other didn't realize what they gotten themselves into doesn't mean it's a one sided attack.   Don't start none won't be none.   Plain and simple. 

And it seems the courts agree. LOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

HERE, HERE!!

I grew up on the streets of The Bronx in the 80's so this is my take:

I wish Monique would have just left it at "I dragged her ass cause she needed it dragged and she sent me an engraved invitation so I RSVP'd."  

It was indeed a mutually agreed upon fight and it turns out that, Nope, Candace ain't about that life, over reached and paid the price.

Two women, up in each others faces, in each others personal space, acting aggressive, popping off at the mouth, hands crossing boundaries??? and only one is considered at fault??? GTFOH with that nonsense. Just because one started the thumping while the other didn't realize what they gotten themselves into doesn't mean it's a one sided attack.   Don't start none won't be none.   Plain and simple. 

And it seems the courts agree. LOL!

The only one that took it to a physical level was Monique ... this aint the streets this at the 80s .... you wanna be about that life then you accept the consequences of that life which is JAIL time ... don't try to act all hard like yea Im big Im bad then run crying that you might go to jail ... that's not being about that life thats being a lil bitch

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The only one that took it to a physical level was Monique ... this aint the streets this at the 80s .... you wanna be about that life then you accept the consequences of that life which is JAIL time ... don't try to act all hard like yea Im big Im bad then run crying that you might go to jail ... that's not being about that life thats being a lil bitch

What ain't the streets?

I don't care if we are having tea with The Queen of England. If an altercation erupts because TWO people decided to overstep boundaries and personal space then AHEM! Somethings going down and just because ONE of the TWO misread the situation and thought she could avoid a thumping based on some theory of never putting hands on another person then too bad, so sad. At some point GROWN folk understand the risks they take when they engage in volatile exchanges and interactions. You see that's what's wrong with society now a days people truly believe they can be verbally abusive and not filter themselves cause at the end of the day NO ONE should ever become physical. Which to be honest, I agree with wholeheartedly. I completely disagree with ever putting hands on someone and advocate WALKING AWAY and being the bigger person HOWEVER reality is, it also isn't okay to walk all the way up to the line, stop short, continue aggressively threatening behavior and think that absolves you of your abusive behavior towards the other and your negative contribution to the outcome.

And again, the courts agreed. So there's that. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

What ain't the streets?

I don't care if we are having tea with The Queen of England. If an altercation erupts because TWO people decided to overstep boundaries and personal space them AHEM! Somethings going down and just because ONE of the TWO misread the situation and thought she could avoid a thumping based on some theory of never putting hands on another person then too bad, so sad. At some point GROWN folk understand the risks they take when they engage in volatile exchanges and interactions. You see that's what's wrong with society now a days people truly believe they can be verbally abusive and not filter themselves cause at the end of the day NO ONE should ever become physical. Which to be honest, I agree with wholeheartedly. I completely disagree with ever putting hands on someone and advocate WALKING AWAY and being the bigger person HOWEVER reality is, it also isn't okay to walk all the way up to the line, stop short, continue aggressively threatening behavior and think that absolves you of your abusive behavior towards the other and your negative contribution to the outcome.

And again, the courts agreed. So there's that. 

LOL all this did was use Monique's ONE get out of jail free card ... going forward if she got physical with ANYONE all the tears in the world wouldn't save her ....If Candace was the only one running her mouth I would agree with you but she wasn't ...Monique couldn't keep up with the mouth and decided to take it to a place that was Illegal (putting your hands on anyone is a act that will put you in jail) the fact she tried to act all bad like yea I dragged her I kicked her ass was moot because she cried like a lil bitch that she might go to jail, I'm a mom they cant put me in jail tear tear ..Monique knows she cant control her tempter and knows and was prob told by production if you come back and get into another altercation aint nobody saving your ass ....This isnt the bad girls club or some VH1 reality show where fights are expected .... you come on theses shows you expect mouth that has been the playbook from the beginning you don't get physical you wanna do that go to VH1 or Oxygen 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, HotHW said:

I disagree.  I dont believe monique is in therapy and if she is she isnt taking it seriously.  

She "doesn't express herself emotionally" or whatever and that's why she can't show emotions over what she did to candace.  

Two seconds later monique is "crying" because her dad stuck his finger in her face.  Guess she CAN get emotional.....when she is the victim. 

I give candace a pass for talking shit at the reunion because this is the first time she has been in a safe space with the person who attacked her physically and online for a year....the same person who continued to make up excuses and avoid any responsibility.

Monique is still low key blaming everyone else.  Its her dad, its her lawyer, its the other kids at school 30 years ago, she doesn't know that blogger, its her therapist, its "legal", she only innocently told a family member and she definitely didn't ask them to leak it. 

She said the words "im sorry" and proceeded to blame everyone else for her actions. I can't think of a therapist who is advocating all that.  It doesn't even sound like something a good PR person would suggest.  

This season candace walked away, refused to engage and apologized on multiple occasions.  She actively avoided the podcast so she wouldn't be in a situation to verbally engage.  To me all of that restraint is growth.  Her job, at the end of the day is to shade, shit talk and get into drama.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

LOL all this did was use Monique's ONE get out of jail free card ... going forward if she got physical with ANYONE all the tears in the world wouldn't save her ....If Candace was the only one running her mouth I would agree with you but she wasn't ...Monique couldn't keep up with the mouth and decided to take it to a place that was Illegal (putting your hands on anyone is a act that will put you in jail) the fact she tried to act all bad like yea I dragged her I kicked her ass was moot because she cried like a lil bitch that she might go to jail, I'm a mom they cant put me in jail tear tear ..Monique knows she cant control her tempter and knows and was prob told by production if you come back and get into another altercation aint nobody saving your ass ....

Oh yeah, they both were running their mouths and they BOTH were recklessly crossing personal space with little dainty hand flicks and such and that's why in my eyes (and the courts apparently) it was a MUTUAL altercation. Unfortunately it didn't end with a few hand waves and finger flicks like Candace though it would. Instead Monique upgraded Candace's subscription to a full package which includes, yup you guessed it, a complete thumping. LOL!  

Whether or not Monique finds herself in a similar situation in the future...??? Welp that's in Gods hands now. LOL!

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh yeah, they both were running their mouths and they BOTH were recklessly crossing personal space with little dainty hand flicks and such and that's why in my eyes (and the courts apparently) it was a MUTUAL altercation. Unfortunately it didn't end with a few hand waves and finger flicks like Candace though it would. Instead Monique upgraded Candace's subscription to a full package which includes, yup you guessed it, a complete thumping. LOL!  

Whether or not Monique finds herself in a similar situation in the future...??? Welp that's in Gods hands now. LOL!

and if it does all whoever has to do is show the film of Monique's history of attacking and Monique is fucked... bye bye kids bye bye husband .... ... again this isnt bad girls club this isnt basketball wives this show isnt about women attacking each other this show has always been about talking shit ....I guess Monique couldn't handle that but to get joy of of that to me is strange ... But she is gone now and Candace isnt so who really won?

• Love 4

Robyn and Juan got engaged what... a year ago? Isn’t that when the show aired? And the reunion was filmed last month and they’re still not married. They didn’t even mention a wedding date.

Doesn’t look like Juan’s in any hurry to marry her to me. Wondering if the engagement and ring were just a stall?

Monique is not special.  I know she thinks she is but Porsha got a Friend contract after yanking up Kenya.  Her fight with Kenya wasn't nearly as vicious as Monique's attack on Candiace AND Porsha felt bad immediately afterwards AND Porsha apologized to most everyone. She didn't carry on and have social media teams smearing/harassing Kenya either.

So if Porsha got a Friend contract, why would Monique think she should get a full Housewife contract?

I’ve been watching old episodes of ATL on Hulu. Porsha was technically reduced to “friend” status after the fight with Kenya, but you couldn’t really tell watching the show. She wasn’t in the opening credits for the next season, but she was in every episode of the show. So in terms of exposure, it didn’t look like she was punished much. 

Gizelle didn’t look very good. I didn’t notice it as much in the first reunion episode, which is weird. Who’s betting she’ll have a lower facelift before the next season?

I don’t believe most of what Karen says. She is fast and loose with the truth. She likes to create her own version of events. If she is smart, she will NOT renew her vows with Ray. Not a good thing to do on these shows!

Wondering why they spent so much time discussing the Monique/Chris/Trainer stuff when they didn’t air any of the footage. 

I liked the group slither-out at the end. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3

A mutually agreed on fight is how it started - when they were both using only their words.  Some people believe that if you run your mouth too much, you deserve to get hit.  I am not one of those people. I know we don't all believe in the same social contracts, but I think Candiace and I subscribe to the same one (and FUCK THIS SHOW for making me say that).  No matter how much I wound you with my words, you are only allowed to wound me back with your words.  If you lose the battle of mouths, you may not introduce fists.  Just like if two people agree to fight with fists, if you start to lose, you can't pull out a knife.  In a knife fight, you can't escalate to guns.  If you do, you because the person who is Next Level Wrong.  Monique and Canidace started out Same Level Wrong, both acting like a pair of assholes.  But Monique escalated it to the next level.  She broke the social contract I believe in.  Some people absolutely believe in a social contract that if you can't beat someone with your words, you fucking drag them to make them stop using their words.  I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong, but I would never want to hang out with someone who believes it's acceptable to answer words with fists.  

I also loved the slink out, and thought everyone was having fun with it in that moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

and if it does all whoever has to do is show the film of Monique's history of attacking and Monique is fucked... bye bye kids bye bye husband .... ... again this isnt bad girls club this isnt basketball wives this show isnt about women attacking each other this show has always been about talking shit ....I guess Monique couldn't handle that but to get joy of of that to me is strange ... But she is gone now and Candace isnt so who really won?

I didn't really think it was about winning and losing. If being traumatized by a through thumping is winning then yeah I guess Candace won. 

I doubt Monique's future is going to be about peaking around every corner worrying about whether or not she'll be losing everything cause she's now going to thump everything in her path. Somehow I doubt that's going to be the rest of Monique's existence. I could be wrong though. 

However, that's all theory whereas Candace has admittedly reaped some serious psychological consequences because of that unfortunate event. Shame.

Who knows? Maybe she'll come away with some better insight on how to move forward with all that shit talking. 

Just now, Yours Truly said:

I didn't really think it was about winning and losing. If being traumatized by a through thumping is winning then yeah I guess Candace won. 

I doubt Monique's future is going to be about peaking around every corner worrying about whether or not she'll be losing everything cause she's now going to thump everything in her path. Somehow I doubt that's going to be the rest of Monique's existence. I could be wrong though. 

However, that's all theory whereas Candace has admittedly reaped some serious psychological consequences because of that unfortunate event. Shame.

Who knows? Maybe she'll come away with some better insight on how to move forward with all that shit talking. 

Winning is a big thing to Monique and Chris her whole narrative online has been I won I kicked her ass ... I am just glad its all freaking over now ... we can move on ... now it will be about if Karen and Ray DONT do a vow renewal on this show ... please for the love of God dont let them do it... or If Wendy will go for ANOTHER degree .. or whose ass Mr burns will grab next season and get away with it cause he's not into men (eyeroll Ash) or Will G still be with Cheater Cheater dick slinger LOL.... I think Candace will take a backseat next season cause the focus was to much on her this one...   

• Love 5