Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

Message added by TexasGal

Hmmm, it seems just hours ago that I gave a nice reminder to move on.  I’ve now hidden posts.  Future posts purely focused on the Rumble in the Winery will earn warnings.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Not buying COVID as the main reason why Robyn and Juan aren't married yet. They stopped filming months before COVID. IMO if they really wanted to be married by now, they would be. Also haven't heard them even mention a date or timeframe--six months from now, a year from now, nothing. I still think Juan is dragging his feet. (And I didn't say Robyn's worth was based on whether Juan marries her. I just said he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to do so.) Hopefully they'll get married and I'll be proven wrong. 

I was surprised Gizelle and Ashley got off as easily as they did. Andy gave them both a pass. Also surprised both Jamal and Michael weren't there. I think the husbands' segment would've been more interesting with them. 

If Candiace comes back next season, please give her a different storyline. Do NOT make it about her extended recovery over the trauma of the fight. Just enough of it. The storyline has been beaten to death (pun intended). 

I don't find Wendy that interesting but I don't dislike her, so I'm fine if she comes back or doesn't. 

Ray still doesn't seem into Karen. I hope their marriage lasts. If might be better for them as a couple if she doesn't return to the show, but I expect she will. 

I think (and sincerely hope) that next season will move beyond the winery debacle. 

If monique was on the show in any capacity I think the incident might linger on the show like bad fart, but since she is off the show I really think they will be forced to move on and I really hope they do.  

Candace has a lot of different avenues for a storyline.  Id really like to see her getting her MBA.  But I'm a sucker for the grandeur, pomp and circumstance of college campuses.  And I think its more unique than a housewife trying to make music, that road is well trod. 

Michael didn't attend for obvious reasons and I dont think Juan wants to burn that bridge.  Michael obviously has a crush on him and Juan seems like the sort who doesn't want to publicly embarass Michael on TV....and likes the idea of a rich guy having a crush on him. Never know when you'll need to cash in those chips. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I also think Robyn will go for a Bravo wedding storyline. They proposal went so well for them on camera, I can see them doing a wedding. They are quite likable IMO. I wish Juan had been at the reunion but where was it held? I can see missing some work for the reunion but if you have to travel it could be difficult for his job.

I don’t really buy Michael’s  excuse for missing the reunion. I think he didn’t want to face everyone after his behavior at the finale party. 

I agree.  Robyn wants a "small destination wedding" so it can just be the cast trip next year.  

I also suspect that there will be some international locations that will be desperate for tourist dollars and won't be as strict about covid filming requirements. 

Croatia might be an interesting location.  Belize would be fantastic, but I'm biased.  LOL.  

Belize has a string of islands called the cayes.  And they are absolutely gorgeous and the population is fairly low.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I also think Robyn will go for a Bravo wedding storyline. They proposal went so well for them on camera, I can see them doing a wedding. They are quite likable IMO. I wish Juan had been at the reunion but where was it held? I can see missing some work for the reunion but if you have to travel it could be difficult for his job.

I don’t really buy Michael’s  excuse for missing the reunion. I think he didn’t want to face everyone after his behavior at the finale party. 

I agree with both points. Robyn hasn't hosted an international cast trip yet, right? This is her opportunity, host the cast trip as a destination wedding, so the other ladies are there, production is there, the wedding happens. Several birds with one stone. After the wedding, does Robyn cave in and give Juan another baby though?

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I agree.  Robyn wants a "small destination wedding" so it can just be the cast trip next year.   

Ah, typed this before I saw your post. Great minds...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I thought she hosted the Cayman Islands trip?  The one she missed the original flight for.

Yeah it's coming back to me. So maybe Gizelle will host it on her behalf. Or even Candiace. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Not buying COVID as the main reason why Robyn and Juan aren't married yet. They stopped filming months before COVID. IMO if they really wanted to be married by now, they would be.

Robyn & Juan got engaged in December 2019.  COVID showed up in force by March 2020 and we've been dealing with all of the restrictions etc. ever since. There is no rush for Robyn & Juan to get married since they already live together & Robyn may not want her parents exposed to COVID.  I think many people feel Juan not marrying Robyn ASAP as "proof" Juan does not really want Robyn, which is a reflection of Robyn's worth the same way "That's why you ain't got no man sitting behind you!" is used as a reflection of Gizelle's worth.

Plus if Robyn & Juan did get married without BRAVO cameras present, it would be a Kenya getting married without BRAVO cameras present situation all over again.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn & Juan got engaged in December 2019.  COVID showed up in force by March 2020 and we've been dealing with all of the restrictions etc. ever since. There is no rush for Robyn & Juan to get married since they already live together & Robyn may not want her parents exposed to COVID.  I think many people feel Juan not marrying Robyn ASAP as "proof" Juan does not really want Robyn, which is a reflection of Robyn's worth the same way "That's why you ain't got no man sitting behind you!" is used as a reflection of Gizelle's worth.

Plus if Robyn & Juan did get married without BRAVO cameras present, it would be a Kenya getting married without BRAVO cameras present situation all over again.  

I wonder if Michael Darby (man he creeps me out) is so excited because he thinks the two man bachelor party in Vegas might still happen.

• LOL 5
25 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I wonder if Michael Darby (man he creeps me out) is so excited because he thinks the two man bachelor party in Vegas might still happen.

Thankfully, Juan is smarter than that. Michael's Vegas fantasy is just that...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

If they do film Juan's bachelor party, I wonder if the cameramen will get "hazardous to my butt" pay?

Bootie hazard pay?

44 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Dude, Juan better bring both Chris's to protect him and find a way not to drink anything Michael gives him.  

• LOL 5
59 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I dont get the impression that Juan doesn't feel anything for robyn.  He just comes off kinda like that "too cool for school" type guy that doesn't want to be on TV emoting. 

Actually none of the guys are that way.  

Karen is just salty that Ray wants to lick all over Erica lyles.  And yes, that visual is my new years gift to you all!!!! muahahaha

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Karen is just salty that Ray wants to lick all over Erica lyles.  And yes, that visual is my new years gift to you all!!!! muahahaha

Our boring tradition (to maybe others- and maybe to us) is to watch College Bowl Games on New Years Eve. Sadly, the last Bowl Game ended about 7pm Eastern (since most have been canceled), we can’t go anywhere, and my husband fell asleep in his recliner.

Because of that:

1. First, @RealReality, thanks for the visual re Ray wanting to lick Erica Lyles (or anything except the frosting from a cupcake)

2. After the Mississippi State vs Tulsa bowl game ended today an incredibly disturbing fight fight broke out between players on both sides. It was well after the game ended so the origins of the fight is unclear and who hit the first punch is unknown because film didn’t catch that. This thing was extremely violent and multiple players were stomping on someone (maybe more than person) - it was frighteningly violent and several people on both sides need to face legal consequences.

Despite other players, coaches, and multiple state troopers trying to pull the fighting players apart, it continued and included kicking another opponent near the face.
At this point, nobody is sure who landed the first punch or how this escalated, but it was just awful.

Apparently, there was trash talk before the game, but they trash talk each other all the time.

An ESPN commentator said that the words were worse and the words of one person caused the other person to get scarily violent. - My immediate two thought were: 1. WTF is the matter with you and 2. Are you related to Monique Samuels? 

Didn’t matter what I did to appease my ex, he always said it was my fault he hit me (and I didn’t throw words around, I was just trying to figure out how to survive). 

My intent is not to drag this dead horse of an argument about Candiace and Monique and the winery venue (who will never film another reality show) as the majority of people’s opinions re the two of these women are set, and we can agree to disagree.

But back to the bowl game, after all these players were pulled off of one another and his “opponent” was actually running away this other “adult” chased him down and tried to kick him in the face but hit his lungs instead.

All of this reminded me of RHOP (which I started to explain to my hubby - and he automatically lost his hearing 🤣❤️)

Monique and Candyass were both provoking each verbally. Whether or not you think that both were equally to blame for the physical escalation of the situation, the fact is that after all that Monique had to be physically restrained for continuing a physical fight because she wasn’t done.

In case you couldn’t figure it out, I found that bowl game brawl very disturbing.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 5
On 12/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, drivethroo said:

Now we find out she was calling BRAVO HR to get Candiace off the show by claiming Candiace was violent and she felt scared

BRAVO HR - that’s an oxymoron.

I have seriously wondered, and have posted occasionally, about what Bravo’s HR department looks like, because it is scary what their employees have been allowed to do (and real housewives are employees).

Sadly, the mismanagement the legal liability of badly run HR departments pose to an organization is part of what I do as a consultant.

I think Bravo has an exceptional legal team, because they seem to be able to separate Bravo from their RH employee actions.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, drivethroo said:

There is no link.  Monique said that she laid into Gizelle and while Monique's word isn't really to be trusted, it had been said in various media that the entire cast dragged Gizelle and Gizelle herself said they were coming for her and she had a meltdown, but none of that was shown.

We did see previews of Chris Samuels getting up on the women and Andy shouting for him to sit down and I don't think that was shown either.

There was probably a lot that wasn't shown.  If you know that A & B happened at the reunion but they only show A (which is against you), then you get the hint real quick.

I thought they did air all that was in the previews, but it wasn't as inflammatory as how the preview pieced it together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Our boring tradition (to maybe others- and maybe to us) is to watch College Bowl Games on New Years Eve. Sadly, the last Bowl Game ended about 7pm Eastern (since most have been canceled), we can’t go anywhere, and my husband fell asleep in his recliner.

Because of that:

1. First, @RealReality, thanks for the visual re Ray wanting to lick Erica Lyles (or anything except the frosting from a cupcake)

2. After the Mississippi State vs Tulsa bowl game ended today an incredibly disturbing fight fight broke out between players on both sides. It was well after the game ended so the origins of the fight is unclear and who hit the first punch is unknown because film didn’t catch that. This thing was extremely violent and multiple players were stomping on someone (maybe more than person) - it was frighteningly violent and several people on both sides need to face legal consequences.

Despite other players, coaches, and multiple state troopers trying to pull the fighting players apart, it continued and included kicking another opponent near the face.
At this point, nobody is sure who landed the first punch or how this escalated, but it was just awful.

Apparently, there was trash talk before the game, but they trash talk each other all the time.

An ESPN commentator said that the words were worse and the words of one person caused the other person to get scarily violent. - My immediate two thought were: 1. WTF is the matter with you and 2. Are you related to Monique Samuels? 

Didn’t matter what I did to appease my ex, he always said it was my fault he hit me (and I didn’t throw words around, I was just trying to figure out how to survive). 

My intent is not to drag this dead horse of an argument about Candiace and Monique and the winery venue (who will never film another reality show) as the majority of people’s opinions re the two of these women are set, and we can agree to disagree.

But back to the bowl game, after all these players were pulled off of one another and his “opponent” was actually running away this other “adult” chased him down and tried to kick him in the face but hit his lungs instead.

All of this reminded me of RHOP (which I started to explain to my hubby - and he automatically lost his hearing 🤣❤️)

Monique and Candyass were both provoking each verbally. Whether or not you think that both were equally to blame for the physical escalation of the situation, the fact is that after all that Monique had to be physically restrained for continuing a physical fight because she wasn’t done.

In case you couldn’t figure it out, I found that bowl game brawl very disturbing.

I found it more disturbing when my son went to online learning the week before Christmas break and his PE teacher has the MSST bulldog as his avatar.  As a LSU alum I about lost it (internally of course).  Fuck those cowbell homers.  Fuck StarkVegas.  And Leech, too for that matter he is worthless.  

This all comes back to the SEC in some way or form eh.   😉

• LOL 1
On 12/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I can’t believe how unenthused I am about this.  Bravo waited too long to shoot its load, and now I don’t care.  It reminds me of that season of Atlanta that had a four-part reunion because it was the season that Porsha and Phaedra had their allegations against Kandi and Todd having plans to drug Porsha, and Kandi’s alleged sex dungeon.  That is what I think this fight turned into—was it a big deal?  Yes.  Was it unprecedented for Bravo?  In my opinion, yes, because we’ve had people get physical before, but no one has ever slammed another person down where a whole camera crew had to get involved.  

But?  I don’t give a shit about this fight anymore, just like I lost my outrage over the sex dungeon on RHOA.  I no longer care about the fight.  No one was seriously hurt.  It is also like the “dog dumping” on RHBH.  Bravo overplayed its hand, and the result is that I don’t care anymore, no matter how righteous one side was, or how poorly someone treated another member of the cast.  It reminds me of RH of Dallas and Leeanne and her comments.  No matter how bad something is—with very limited exceptions, like international terrorism, and even that can be covered with so much saturation that I lose interest—I think there is such thing as making too big of a deal out of it, and that’s what Bravo is doing here, and I resent it, and it causes me to lose all goodwill toward the show.  

I don’t care what Chris Samuels does tonight.  There is no way it can live up to the way it was teased.  Even the binder—which I was more excited about than I had a right to be—turned out to be kind of a nonstarter.  All the binder managed to do was piece part one (complete bore) together with part two (highly boring) so that the viewers would tune in, and now this week is supposed to be So! Amazing! That! It!  Needs! 50! Percent! More! Time!  I’m kind of like at the point where I am saying, “bite me, Andy.”  Unless it is revealed that Jimmy Hoffa’s body was located in Grant’s Tomb wearing one of Robyn’s caps and the Lindbergh baby has been alive and well this whole time and has been living on one of Monique and Chris’s four properties, then this wasn’t worth it.  Bravo is such a cynical network, but I am far more cynical.  

Also, major fail that Michael and Jamal got to squirm out of this thing.  If I worked at Bravo, I’d reschedule over and over until they could both be present (Bravo had a freaking year to do this, much of which occurred during a time when everyone had to stay in place) and if they just simply failed to show, Ashley and Gizelle should be out of a job.  As soon as any given Housewife becomes too big to fail (Teresa Giudice comes to mind), the franchise in question becomes fatally flawed IMO.  Everyone knows that Ashley and Gizelle’s storylines turned on these horrid men, and if they don’t show up for the reunion, but the other husbands (and Juan) do, there have to be consequences, as the consequence should be their job.  I also think that Karen should be fired, because she wouldn’t know the truth if it bit her in the face.  

Ditch Ashley, Gizelle and Karen and keep Candiace, Wendy, Robyn, and, hell, at this point?  Even keep Monique, because I feel like Ashley, Gizelle and Karen are way too dishonest for plausible deniability, and the rest of the women’s stories haven’t been fully told yet.  There is not a single additional thing I need to know under the sun about Karen Huger, and Ashley and Gizelle are just liars who play the audience for fools.  

Oh, and I think I would have found this all a whole lot more interesting if it had aired anywhere near the time that it was filmed.  When did the fight happen, September 2019?  Other reality shows, like the ones on MTV, go from farm to table in three or four months.  I’m not sure why this didn’t air back in January, when it was far more relevant.  Bravo is really beginning to lose me.  It takes its viewers for granted, because for awhile there it was the best channel with the best reality TV, but they have really begun to slip and slide since 2017 or so, and this is a blatant example.  

How refreshing would it have been if Bravo was willing to give up the ghost and admit this was kind of a nothing season, and as a result, have eight episodes of content, and a two-part reunion, and maybe next year if the season is actually good, give them 20 episodes and a three-part reunion.  It’s simple to me—under promise and over deliver.  That’s how you sustain the people’s trust and interest.  To go through these machinations just because it’s accepted and expected make me feel bitter and jaded and as if Bravo’s taking me for a ride.  

If the final installation is utterly Shakespearean, I will admit that I was somewhat wrong.  But I will never understand why they didn’t start talking about the interesting stuff in the early installations, in an effort to yank our chains and keep us tuning in so that they can get advertising revenue, and I don’t respect that.  It make me feel like I’m shopping on the 80% off rack at Macy’s.  

Also, the longer and more drawn out the seasons, the more the cast gets to keep a high profile, so I doubt they’re complaining.  A few days ago, my husband was trying to find an episode of Beverly Hills 90210 for me on dailymotion, and an interview with Candiace just popped up, apropos of nothing, where Candiace was explaining in detail yet more about the fight, and I couldn’t believe it or take it and I wanted to rip my fucking hair out of my head.  This is now a 15 month old dirty bar fight!  I feel bad that it happened, but I just don’t care that much about a bar fight that everyone is getting rich off of.  If I cared that much, I’d watch Jerry Springer, or I’d watch the ID Channel, where the real crime happens.  I resent that this show has turned into Jerry Springer.  And Andy Cohen is a far more horrid person to me than Jerry Springer.  

Sincerely, Disappointed.  

I have been watching SNF in lieu of the reunion marathon. Wasn't giving up the Packers and Steelers...

Speaking of football - I guess Chris S snooze is a causality of football?  Broh - you shold look into getting that fixed if possible..

One quick peep at an episode during halftime/time-outs, I thought I need to adjust the settings on my TV as everyone's yellow hurt my eyes..  Visions of 1970-1980s prom , orange chairs and a back drop of fruits &  vegetables...  I guess the set budget has been really cut. Made me wonder what was Bravo going to film next on that set

Robin has some kind of black imprints in her wig---- from the flat iron being to hot I guess.. weird

Bravo : from now on - if any hubby (since this is RHO*) or significant other who was filmed that does not attend a reunion , when there is a segment that is really for their appearance, they need to be assessed a substantial financial fine with the money going to a charity. Period. I heard a wedding , a basketball game/ tournament, and a lecture were the excuses...Just what day and time was this filmed ??

I do wish they would have filmed this : (1) either while the case was awaiting for court date which meant no one could/should talk about it or (2) issued a gag order when the court side was over. What little I heard  (again I my 1st priority was to get back to the game) was nothing new and interesting. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 1/1/2021 at 9:06 AM, sATL said:

Bravo : from now on - if any hubby (since this is RHO*) or significant other who was filmed that does not attend a reunion , when there is a segment that is really for their appearance, they need to be assessed a substantial financial fine with the money going to a charity. Period. I heard a wedding , a basketball game/ tournament, and a lecture were the excuses...Just what day and time was this filmed ??

Honestly, after the year we just had, zoom and facetime were realistic alternatives. They held an entire reunion over zoom for Atlanta. Surely the guys could have set aside 30 minutes that day and answered a few questions. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 8
On 12/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, HotHW said:

I think what viewers want to see is her not only say it, but do it. Monique can say shes learned to control herself and she's in therapy bla bla bla, and since shes not getting up to beat anyones ass on stage we have no choice right now but to believe her. 

Candiace on the other had admits to having a mouth (being a wordsmith and all BWAHAHAA), and admits to her part in things but then sits on stage and continues to run her big nasty mouth just as badly as she did during the season. 

So the only one at the reunion who proved herself full of shit is Candice IMO.

Candiace has never said anything nasty to Monique which is why people citing her "mouth" as justification for the assault has been baffling to me.  Whether people think it's warranted or not, Candiace has said harsh things to people on social media and some of her cast mates.  She has never said any of those things to Monique.  I feel like Candiace was bullied into saying she takes accountability for her mouth.  That mouth was not used for Monique.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, drivethroo said:

There is no link.  Monique said that she laid into Gizelle and while Monique's word isn't really to be trusted, it had been said in various media that the entire cast dragged Gizelle and Gizelle herself said they were coming for her and she had a meltdown, but none of that was shown.

We did see previews of Chris Samuels getting up on the women and Andy shouting for him to sit down and I don't think that was shown either.

There was probably a lot that wasn't shown.  If you know that A & B happened at the reunion but they only show A (which is against you), then you get the hint real quick.

The commercial for the Reunion was edited as if Chris was addressing the ladies (it showed Chris getting up, then cut to a bunch of reaction shorts from the HW and then cut again to Gizelle asking why he was standing up), but when the reunion was actually shown, it was clear that was the point when Chris got up because he said white Chris was yelling at his wife. Folks assumed he was coming after the ladies, based on the way the preview was edited, but doesn't appear to be what actually happened. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Candiace has never said anything nasty to Monique which is why people citing her "mouth" as justification for the assault has been baffling to me.  Whether people think it's warranted or not, Candiace has said harsh things to people on social media and some of her cast mates.  She has never said any of those things to Monique.  I feel like Candiace was bullied into saying she takes accountability for her mouth.  That mouth was not used for Monique.

You forget the BBQ at Katie's where she told Monique to shut the fuck up when Monique got on her about going after Ashley for the 50th time that season. That was where Monique originally uttered the phrase "...I will drag you, pregnant..." which is what started the "drag me, Monique" refrain we have heard incessantly since that time.

• Love 2
On 12/28/2020 at 10:13 PM, qtpye said:

I  have never seen anyone try so hard to undermine themselves so badly.

Monique came into this season in a very enviable position of being rich, beautiful, and having both lovely children and a caring husband.

She came off down to earth and likable and was probably one of the most popular housewives around. She was almost like the Princess Diana of this franchise in that most of the audience really like her and wanted her to succeed.

The truth is she fucked herself over with her own stupidity. If she was smart she would have let her cast mates run with the rumor (which NO ONE believed) and made themselves look like assholes.

It was stupid as hell to attack Candiass because Candiass has nothing to lose. People hate Candiass, no matter what, and Monique just looked like an unhinged maniac.

It makes me realize that Monique might be a control freak but she is not a sophisticated thinker. She handled the situation stupidly and got herself kicked off the show.

I actually found her to be one of the most unlikable from day one, as was Candiace.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:26 PM, Chatty Cake said:

The show won’t be as good without Monique. She was entertaining and Chris was adorable with his family.

I won't miss her or that stupid bird one bit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

So I don’t have much sympathy for Monique in all this but I do understand her and Chris being upset about a rumor regarding the paternity of their son. I’m not one to get that upset about gossip (we all gossip from time to time) so I might be inclined to just distance  myself from people getting into a rumor like that. However Monique can’t just choose not to talk to these people because it’s her job and that is a pretty upsetting rumor. So I can actually understand Monique being very upset at Gizelle. I just still don’t fully get how Candace is involved  

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

So I don’t have much sympathy for Monique in all this but I do understand her and Chris being upset about a rumor regarding the paternity of their son. I’m not one to get that upset about gossip (we all gossip from time to time) so I might be inclined to just did ace myself from people getting into a rumor like that. However Monique can’t just choose not to talk to these people because it’s her job and that is a pretty upsetting rumor. So I can actually understand Monique being very upset at Gizelle. I just still don’t fully get how Candace is involved  

I guess for me, the rumor is so damned ridiculous, nonsensical and half baked that logically, I cannot really see how it matters. 

Chase looks exactly like Chris, so that is clearly his child.  Since that part of "the rumor" is so patently false, that any objective person is going to think the rest of "the rumor" is untrue.  

And I am also confused about Monique going through all this effort and stress to keep the rumor from being on TV and then Chris referencing it on camera and the two of them then talking about it, ad naseum at the reunion.  They both knew this rumor was out there and if they were okay talking about it on national TV at the reunion, it would have been so much better (and so much less stressful for Monique) to address it during the season.  I've said before that they really could have made an entire storyline out of it that would have been more interesting than essential oils, the lakehouse and a failed podcast.  Not Chase's paternity per se, thats so obvious that I think Gizelle would have looked ridiculous bringing it up....but the idea of flirting while married, setting boundaries, feeling emotionally unfulfilled and looking for sympathy and support elsewhere, emotional affairs, etc, etc.  

I think all of this stress that Monique puts on herself to be perfect, all this energy she expends trying to control a narrative and depict herself, her life and her marriage as flawless has to stress her out and probably makes her act out in unhealthy ways.  

Also, I think Chris and Monique are mostly invested in their reputations.  I don't think Chase is trying to watch a reality show his mom was on 15 years ago when he is 15.  And he so clearly looks like Chris, like who is even going to bring that up. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

You forget the BBQ at Katie's where she told Monique to shut the fuck up when Monique got on her about going after Ashley for the 50th time that season. That was where Monique originally uttered the phrase "...I will drag you, pregnant..." which is what started the "drag me, Monique" refrain we have heard incessantly since that time.

So Monique is justified in beating up Candiace for Candiace telling her to "shut up" two years ago? That's even more of a reason for her to separate herself from the cast...you'd never know if something you said 2, 3 years ago would trigger Monique into fighting you.

1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

So I don’t have much sympathy for Monique in all this but I do understand her and Chris being upset about a rumor regarding the paternity of their son. I’m not one to get that upset about gossip (we all gossip from time to time) so I might be inclined to just did ace myself from people getting into a rumor like that. However Monique can’t just choose not to talk to these people because it’s her job and that is a pretty upsetting rumor. So I can actually understand Monique being very upset at Gizelle. I just still don’t fully get how Candace is involved  

I'm not impressed or sympathetic towards Monique's distress over rumors affecting her children, since she had no problem talking about Sherman's walk in the park (which was true, but had nothing to do with her and affected Sherman's teenage children) and blasting Jamal for no reason, which affected Jamal's children (all of his kids, including and especially the ones with Gizelle).

You can't cry "dOn'T bE coMinG afTeR FAMILIES!" when you made it your mission to come after Sherman's family and Jamal's family, all because you are butthurt Gizelle didn't like you.

Then she had the nerve to sit sanctimoniously blaring "I don't spread rumors, I spread the TRUTH!" to justify why she put Sherman and Jamal's business in the streets, people who didn't interact with her or even know her but were just convenient collateral in her one-sided war with Gizelle.   Monique would be the first one crying the blues if Gizelle brought concrete receipts of her acting inappropriately with the trainer or how she really got together with Chris next season.

• Love 10
On 12/27/2020 at 7:28 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I can’t believe how unenthused I am about this.  Bravo waited too long to shoot its load, and now I don’t care.  It reminds me of that season of Atlanta that had a four-part reunion because it was the season that Porsha and Phaedra had their allegations against Kandi and Todd having plans to drug Porsha, and Kandi’s alleged sex dungeon.  That is what I think this fight turned into—was it a big deal?  Yes.  Was it unprecedented for Bravo?  In my opinion, yes, because we’ve had people get physical before, but no one has ever slammed another person down where a whole camera crew had to get involved.  

But?  I don’t give a shit about this fight anymore, just like I lost my outrage over the sex dungeon on RHOA.  I no longer care about the fight.  No one was seriously hurt.  It is also like the “dog dumping” on RHBH.  Bravo overplayed its hand, and the result is that I don’t care anymore, no matter how righteous one side was, or how poorly someone treated another member of the cast.  It reminds me of RH of Dallas and Leeanne and her comments.  No matter how bad something is—with very limited exceptions, like international terrorism, and even that can be covered with so much saturation that I lose interest—I think there is such thing as making too big of a deal out of it, and that’s what Bravo is doing here, and I resent it, and it causes me to lose all goodwill toward the show.  

I don’t care what Chris Samuels does tonight.  There is no way it can live up to the way it was teased.  Even the binder—which I was more excited about than I had a right to be—turned out to be kind of a nonstarter.  All the binder managed to do was piece part one (complete bore) together with part two (highly boring) so that the viewers would tune in, and now this week is supposed to be So! Amazing! That! It!  Needs! 50! Percent! More! Time!  I’m kind of like at the point where I am saying, “bite me, Andy.”  Unless it is revealed that Jimmy Hoffa’s body was located in Grant’s Tomb wearing one of Robyn’s caps and the Lindbergh baby has been alive and well this whole time and has been living on one of Monique and Chris’s four properties, then this wasn’t worth it.  Bravo is such a cynical network, but I am far more cynical.  

Also, major fail that Michael and Jamal got to squirm out of this thing.  If I worked at Bravo, I’d reschedule over and over until they could both be present (Bravo had a freaking year to do this, much of which occurred during a time when everyone had to stay in place) and if they just simply failed to show, Ashley and Gizelle should be out of a job.  As soon as any given Housewife becomes too big to fail (Teresa Giudice comes to mind), the franchise in question becomes fatally flawed IMO.  Everyone knows that Ashley and Gizelle’s storylines turned on these horrid men, and if they don’t show up for the reunion, but the other husbands (and Juan) do, there have to be consequences, as the consequence should be their job.  I also think that Karen should be fired, because she wouldn’t know the truth if it bit her in the face.  

Ditch Ashley, Gizelle and Karen and keep Candiace, Wendy, Robyn, and, hell, at this point?  Even keep Monique, because I feel like Ashley, Gizelle and Karen are way too dishonest for plausible deniability, and the rest of the women’s stories haven’t been fully told yet.  There is not a single additional thing I need to know under the sun about Karen Huger, and Ashley and Gizelle are just liars who play the audience for fools.  

Oh, and I think I would have found this all a whole lot more interesting if it had aired anywhere near the time that it was filmed.  When did the fight happen, September 2019?  Other reality shows, like the ones on MTV, go from farm to table in three or four months.  I’m not sure why this didn’t air back in January, when it was far more relevant.  Bravo is really beginning to lose me.  It takes its viewers for granted, because for awhile there it was the best channel with the best reality TV, but they have really begun to slip and slide since 2017 or so, and this is a blatant example.  

How refreshing would it have been if Bravo was willing to give up the ghost and admit this was kind of a nothing season, and as a result, have eight episodes of content, and a two-part reunion, and maybe next year if the season is actually good, give them 20 episodes and a three-part reunion.  It’s simple to me—under promise and over deliver.  That’s how you sustain the people’s trust and interest.  To go through these machinations just because it’s accepted and expected make me feel bitter and jaded and as if Bravo’s taking me for a ride.  

If the final installation is utterly Shakespearean, I will admit that I was somewhat wrong.  But I will never understand why they didn’t start talking about the interesting stuff in the early installations, in an effort to yank our chains and keep us tuning in so that they can get advertising revenue, and I don’t respect that.  It make me feel like I’m shopping on the 80% off rack at Macy’s.  

Also, the longer and more drawn out the seasons, the more the cast gets to keep a high profile, so I doubt they’re complaining.  A few days ago, my husband was trying to find an episode of Beverly Hills 90210 for me on dailymotion, and an interview with Candiace just popped up, apropos of nothing, where Candiace was explaining in detail yet more about the fight, and I couldn’t believe it or take it and I wanted to rip my fucking hair out of my head.  This is now a 15 month old dirty bar fight!  I feel bad that it happened, but I just don’t care that much about a bar fight that everyone is getting rich off of.  If I cared that much, I’d watch Jerry Springer, or I’d watch the ID Channel, where the real crime happens.  I resent that this show has turned into Jerry Springer.  And Andy Cohen is a far more horrid person to me than Jerry Springer.  

Sincerely, Disappointed.  

Yes ma'am. Everthing you said. Even the "altercation" with Chris B. and Michael was inflated. The reunion is supposed to be a setting to give clarity and revelation to the season. Gizelle and Jamal's absence literally and figuratively were not brought to the forefront with all the 'evidence' of his flandering dick. Andy could've really delved into her life but he skated and play with kid gloves with her. Wendy...nothing. Robyn, with their engagement you'd think Juan would've been present to celebrate what was long awaited. Karen stood her ground per usual and Monique was on complete offense. Michael also should've been there, if nothing else, to support his pregnant wife not to have to answer for his antics. I'm like you. Production is planned and scheduled. As producer I'd made damn sure everyone's schedule was clear to take part. I mean with so many missing the point of the reunion, which is resolve, is totally lost.

I'm disappointed in how Andy acted oblivious to Monique's rightful anguish. I'm disappointed that even with notice of Candace's violent vocabulary that-that wasn't given credence to the fight. I'm disappointed on why there wasn't more questioning towards Giselle about Jamal past/current relational affairs. 

Totally UNDERwhelming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Here is the scene when Monique said she'd drag Candiace.  I watched the exchange and I didn't hear Candiace say that.  She told Monique to walk away and that's when Monique said she'd drag Candiace.  Is it another scene you're thinking about?  I just don't recall Candiace going hard with Monique.

Start at 0:48.

• Love 4

What actually happened with the "drag me" scene at Katie's farm was Candiace and Karen were having a private conversation by themselves by the fence and Candiace was expressing to Karen her confusion why Monique was going so hard for Ashley.  Monique walked over to them, got in their conversation and started insulting Candiace calling her a little girl etc.  Candiace told Monique to go over by Ashley, they went back and forth and that's when Monique threatened to drag Candiace, pregnant and all.

The "I will drag you" scene wouldn't have happened if Monique hadn't jumped in Karen & Candiace's private conversation and started lobbing insults at Candiace.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

What actually happened with the "drag me" scene at Katie's farm was Candiace and Karen were having a private conversation by themselves by the fence and Candiace was expressing to Karen her confusion why Monique was going so hard for Ashley.  Monique walked over to them, got in their conversation and started insulting Candiace calling her a little girl etc.  Candiace told Monique to go over by Ashley, they went back and forth and that's when Monique threatened to drag Candiace, pregnant and all.

The "I will drag you" scene wouldn't have happened if Monique hadn't jumped in Karen & Candiace's private conversation and started lobbing insults at Candiace.

Yep. She is a thug with money.

• Love 4

I personally find only Monique responsible for her actions and behavior. At the end of the day, you can only control how what you do and how you react to others. Also, my dislike of Satan Andy is much stronger than my dislike of Monique. 
I also think Andy is a horrible host at these reunions. 
 Man, he went totally biased guns ablaze at Monique at the reunion to the point where he totally ignored or glossed over other stuff, outside of the winery finacso(TM the bachelor), that really deserved to be addressed and dealt with, most especially Giselle and cheater, cheater pumpkin eater.

Doesn't matter if I wanted to see Monique called out for her actions, Andy just sucks. But that’s all that happened. So much more tomfoolery that we as the viewing public deserved.

• Love 4
On 12/27/2020 at 5:28 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Sincerely, Disappointed.  

I do not know anyone, with money, who behaves like this group.

• Love 3