Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Reunion Part 3

Message added by TexasGal

Hmmm, it seems just hours ago that I gave a nice reminder to move on.  I’ve now hidden posts.  Future posts purely focused on the Rumble in the Winery will earn warnings.

• Start Topic

The Season 5 Reunion concludes with an epic 90-minute finale. Candiace gathers herself after walking off-stage during the conversation surrounding the altercation and returns to face Monique. Ashley and Monique are accused of having a strategic relationship, and an emotional exchange takes place when Candiace questions Karen's loyalty. Things take a dramatic turn when the husbands join the stage - Chris Samuels comes in hot and demands accountability against the alleged "plot" against his family, and sets his sights on Gizelle.

Airdate: 12.27.2020

Oh, good, an epic 90 minute finale.  Remember to stay civil towards each other, even if these fools and their husbands can’t.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can’t believe how unenthused I am about this.  Bravo waited too long to shoot its load, and now I don’t care.  It reminds me of that season of Atlanta that had a four-part reunion because it was the season that Porsha and Phaedra had their allegations against Kandi and Todd having plans to drug Porsha, and Kandi’s alleged sex dungeon.  That is what I think this fight turned into—was it a big deal?  Yes.  Was it unprecedented for Bravo?  In my opinion, yes, because we’ve had people get physical before, but no one has ever slammed another person down where a whole camera crew had to get involved.  

But?  I don’t give a shit about this fight anymore, just like I lost my outrage over the sex dungeon on RHOA.  I no longer care about the fight.  No one was seriously hurt.  It is also like the “dog dumping” on RHBH.  Bravo overplayed its hand, and the result is that I don’t care anymore, no matter how righteous one side was, or how poorly someone treated another member of the cast.  It reminds me of RH of Dallas and Leeanne and her comments.  No matter how bad something is—with very limited exceptions, like international terrorism, and even that can be covered with so much saturation that I lose interest—I think there is such thing as making too big of a deal out of it, and that’s what Bravo is doing here, and I resent it, and it causes me to lose all goodwill toward the show.  

I don’t care what Chris Samuels does tonight.  There is no way it can live up to the way it was teased.  Even the binder—which I was more excited about than I had a right to be—turned out to be kind of a nonstarter.  All the binder managed to do was piece part one (complete bore) together with part two (highly boring) so that the viewers would tune in, and now this week is supposed to be So! Amazing! That! It!  Needs! 50! Percent! More! Time!  I’m kind of like at the point where I am saying, “bite me, Andy.”  Unless it is revealed that Jimmy Hoffa’s body was located in Grant’s Tomb wearing one of Robyn’s caps and the Lindbergh baby has been alive and well this whole time and has been living on one of Monique and Chris’s four properties, then this wasn’t worth it.  Bravo is such a cynical network, but I am far more cynical.  

Also, major fail that Michael and Jamal got to squirm out of this thing.  If I worked at Bravo, I’d reschedule over and over until they could both be present (Bravo had a freaking year to do this, much of which occurred during a time when everyone had to stay in place) and if they just simply failed to show, Ashley and Gizelle should be out of a job.  As soon as any given Housewife becomes too big to fail (Teresa Giudice comes to mind), the franchise in question becomes fatally flawed IMO.  Everyone knows that Ashley and Gizelle’s storylines turned on these horrid men, and if they don’t show up for the reunion, but the other husbands (and Juan) do, there have to be consequences, as the consequence should be their job.  I also think that Karen should be fired, because she wouldn’t know the truth if it bit her in the face.  

Ditch Ashley, Gizelle and Karen and keep Candiace, Wendy, Robyn, and, hell, at this point?  Even keep Monique, because I feel like Ashley, Gizelle and Karen are way too dishonest for plausible deniability, and the rest of the women’s stories haven’t been fully told yet.  There is not a single additional thing I need to know under the sun about Karen Huger, and Ashley and Gizelle are just liars who play the audience for fools.  

Oh, and I think I would have found this all a whole lot more interesting if it had aired anywhere near the time that it was filmed.  When did the fight happen, September 2019?  Other reality shows, like the ones on MTV, go from farm to table in three or four months.  I’m not sure why this didn’t air back in January, when it was far more relevant.  Bravo is really beginning to lose me.  It takes its viewers for granted, because for awhile there it was the best channel with the best reality TV, but they have really begun to slip and slide since 2017 or so, and this is a blatant example.  

How refreshing would it have been if Bravo was willing to give up the ghost and admit this was kind of a nothing season, and as a result, have eight episodes of content, and a two-part reunion, and maybe next year if the season is actually good, give them 20 episodes and a three-part reunion.  It’s simple to me—under promise and over deliver.  That’s how you sustain the people’s trust and interest.  To go through these machinations just because it’s accepted and expected make me feel bitter and jaded and as if Bravo’s taking me for a ride.  

If the final installation is utterly Shakespearean, I will admit that I was somewhat wrong.  But I will never understand why they didn’t start talking about the interesting stuff in the early installations, in an effort to yank our chains and keep us tuning in so that they can get advertising revenue, and I don’t respect that.  It make me feel like I’m shopping on the 80% off rack at Macy’s.  

Also, the longer and more drawn out the seasons, the more the cast gets to keep a high profile, so I doubt they’re complaining.  A few days ago, my husband was trying to find an episode of Beverly Hills 90210 for me on dailymotion, and an interview with Candiace just popped up, apropos of nothing, where Candiace was explaining in detail yet more about the fight, and I couldn’t believe it or take it and I wanted to rip my fucking hair out of my head.  This is now a 15 month old dirty bar fight!  I feel bad that it happened, but I just don’t care that much about a bar fight that everyone is getting rich off of.  If I cared that much, I’d watch Jerry Springer, or I’d watch the ID Channel, where the real crime happens.  I resent that this show has turned into Jerry Springer.  And Andy Cohen is a far more horrid person to me than Jerry Springer.  

Sincerely, Disappointed.  

• Love 17

Per the fight - I still think its a big deal, not particularly because anyone got physically hurt, but because of the aftermath.  I won't be back if Monique is a cast member because it would personally bother me to see someone rewarded for that behavior and keeping your job, is a reward.  It seems so fundamentally unjust that I don't think I could enjoy the show and I watch this show to enjoy it!  Its why I like Gizelle, who is shady, but intelligent, quick witted and fun.  Gizelle has absolutely no control over Jamal and so I wouldn't want to punish her because of him.  I think he is a toad, and may have had some idea of what was coming down, and instead of telling Gizelle, he chose to leave her swinging in the wind, answering for his slinging dick. 

HOWEVER, if the rest of the cast is back I look forward to new storylines and I assume they will come because there are places for their life stories to go.  Gizelle should deal with the fallout from Jamal on the next season and it would be fun to watch her do the online dating thing because, jump high, jump low, she is a woman of a certain age and dating gets harder.  Candace should deal with going to school and doing her entertainment stuff on the side, I don't remember ever seeing a housewife further her education while on the show.  Wendy should think about launching some sort of political venture, and maybe *gasp* a podcast.  Robyn obviously has her wedding for next season.  Not sure what Karen will do, but she will find something.  Ashley will just meddle in everyone's affairs while being annoyed at anyone who dares to comment on her disaster of a personal life.  

I hate Ashley, but also don't see what she could have done to get Michael there.  I blame production for continually giving Michael airtime.  There should be a very strict moratorium against anyone filming Michael Darby.  If he cheats, everyone else can talk about it on camera but him and Ashley can give us his eye rollingly stupid excuses in her confessionals.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I am confused.

First, Monique said she was triggered by bullying from other children that happened when she was young.  Now we find out the trigger was her father’s finger in her face?

WTF sis, did the whole world bully little Monique?

Her story changes every other breath 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Well, hey, Karen and Candiace took an unexpected turn.  Thank god.  If we had an whole hour left of Monique and/or her husband vs. Candiace and/or her husband I would have fallen asleep.

Embarrassed to say I screamed out WHAT?! 

• Love 3

As someone who’s surely going to burn in eternal hell, can I request that someone knock the damn folded tissue out of Candyass’ hand?  Also, see ya there, Karen!

And, again, Andy, wash your hair!  You look filthy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

oh God Big Boy... calm the fuck down already 

He learnt from Nick Satan. 🤣🤣🤣.  Bama ain’t got no calm #SEC.  It just means more.

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Gizelle, you know damn well he isn’t “lecturing” . 😂😂😂 Though I respect Juan Dixon who I feel told Robyn, I’m not going to that shit 😂. Good for Juan. 

But bad for us.   I do enjoy looking at Juan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

*Monique was 100% wrong for putting her hands on Candiace, period. I find it interesting that they showed Monique's live with her bird, Monique and Chris's live with his comments, but not Candiace's live where she discussed them talking about the plot. Head scratching. *Monique was 100% wrong for putting her hands on Candiace, period.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Just started watching.

Monique just keeps making up new versions of of events (we are on maybe her 43rd version of her the fight as of now).

Ashley, basically said she stood by Monique because Monique stood by her and Michael during a hard time (I.e., deleting video). That sounds like quid pro quo, not I support Monique because in her defense in this situation I felt that...

I think Candiace is over reacting and still not introspective enough to understand when her words can be hurtful. While not a good look, Monique’s long social media campaign of making Candiace a villain was fairly successful. If damn Bravo had showed this season’s episodes earlier (I mean within the first 6 months it was filmed), Monique would have lost some time in bolstering her argument to an audience who was predisposed to take Monique’s side over Candiace as the later is so unpleasant. I, sadly, was one of those people. 

I always thought that she was beautiful, but, now, to me, her beautiful outside now reflects her ugly insides.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

ROFL and it was Chris and MONIQUE who brought up the kid looking like him on camera LOL these two fucking Idiots ... 

Both of them are common, ignorant and stupid.

They are perfect for each other.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Just started watching.

Monique just keeps making up new versions of of events (we are on maybe her 43rd version of her the fight as of now).

Ashley, basically said she stood by Monique because Monique stood by her and Michael during a hard time (I.e., deleting video). That sounds like quid pro quo, not I support Monique because in her defense in this situation I felt that...

I think Candiace is over reacting and still not introspective enough to understand when her words can be hurtful. While not a good look, Monique’s long social media campaign of making Candiace a villain was fairly successful. If damn Bravo had showed this season’s episodes earlier (I mean within the first 6 months it was filmed), Monique would have lost some time in bolstering her argument to an audience who was predisposed to take Monique’s side over Candiace as the later is so unpleasant. I, sadly, was one of those people. 
None of Candiace’s words justified a beat down. Monique is an abusive POS.

I always thought that Monique was beautiful, but, now, to me, her beautiful outside now reflects her ugly insides.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I always thought that she was beautiful, but, now, to me, her beautiful outside now reflects her ugly insides.

Same.

• Love 2

Giselle did let the audience know what the issue was between Monique & Charisse though. We would've never known what it was if she hadn't spilled the beans in her talking head. That's what I believe Chris is referring to when he was saying Giselle was speaking negatively about his son.

• Love 13
Just now, Lacy4u said:

Giselle did let the audience know what the issue was between Monique & Charisse though. We would've never known what it was if she hadn't spilled the beans in her talking head. That's what I believe Chris is referring to when he was saying Giselle was speaking negatively about his son.

the child not being his was never bought up till they brought it.. she just said that the rumor was that his wife was seeing her trainer ... 

• Love 5

For the love of all things holy Chris stop bringing up the rumor ... you and your wife are the ones perpetually talking about this rumor ONLY you so when your child is 15 he can see NO ONE was talking about it but you two dumb asses 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12