Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Week 13

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

So did he really throw in the "now I can cry" thing at the end? 🤣  Tayshia has really changed him!  Lawd.........we really had to suffer through him meeting the parents for this?  This just proves it is the producers.....she knew at the rose ceremony and should have let both Ivan and Ben go...they already knew, but they were determined not to let Ivan be final two!!!   They wanted to drag out Ben's arc and she went along with it.   Either that or her ego was so boosted by the fact that he came back and begged her.  If Zac's family is rich that explains everything.  Tayshia strikes me as a person who has been told she is a princess her whole life and wants a fairytale.....and what better way to prove to those who you have been trying to "show you matter" while being different in Orange County than by having more MONEY than them? 

Also, it took Zac 10 years to thank his Angel who is working in the same bank and wasn't hard to find? When she SAVED HIS LIFE?   Coincidentally just in time to get some press out of it.  I'll bet this was also show driven.  If he wanted to do that and it meant so much to him he had TEN years.  Are any of these people even close to real? 

I hope Ivan gets publicity to help start his charity and I won't blame him for milking it for all it is worth.

Ivan is last year's Peter.

• Love 4

This one time, I would like this fairy tale to be happily ever after. I'm not a believer in Bachelor Nation, but after the year we've had, two extra people on Earth being happy would be good. 

At this point I'm more of a Zac fan than a Tayshia fan. If she is so religious she wouldn't have participated in some of the activiites on this show, and she would have incorporated her faith into her story. Maybe subtract 5,000 mentions of her divorce and substitute some about her faith. I agree with those of you who said that conversation with Ivan was just to give her an out. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I admit it, I have started rooting for Zac and Tayshia, they really seem like they are a good match, and are actually going to try and make it work, and not just for the bump in Instagram followers. Have they at long last, and after much ridiculous drama, found a real Right Reasons couple for me to root for?!? Is this a Christmas miracle?

Wayyyyyy more of the Bachelorette couples have been successful, versus the Bachelor couples.  There's gotta be a great essay or theory about this somewhere, like something about how when the woman chooses in the relationship, it leads to more success..... 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Don't you think Ivan played along with the BS too?  I mean, for all he claimed he loved Tayshia, he really didn't seem all that broken up about the split.  He didn't even try to change her mind when she brought up religion.  He was like "yeah I knew that was important to you.  Sorry I didn't mention religion earlier. You deserve to be happy.  Bye!" Not even a hint of tears in the car and those producers try to get tears. 

They all play hoping to get something out of it.  Most of the time it's exposure.  For the lucky few, it's a real relationship. 

Even when they're authentic, they are more likely to give into doing something the producers want.  It's just with the leads, more is expected.

Actually I think he did. I think Ivan had red flags when she said she had no one like him she could relate to her age gave the BS reason about being RAISED in OC like she is not 30 years old, and did not have a lot to add about BLM.  He kinda knew they were on a different path but wanted to see how it goes.  She gave him just enough to keep him going.  I think that is why he held back from her, but toward the end he really thought he could overcome it.  When both of your parents are minorities and you have never seriously dated a minority that is a red flag for me. No one has to agree. I have a white husband and a history of dating all kinds of men but I would never not date someone who looked like me.  I get she was in a  7 year relationship but for me after BLM and doing some self reflection the last thing I would have done was thrown myself back into this franchise and use a man to "experiment" with.    She said herself something about never thinking she would be on the show dating someone like him and opening herself up to dating different types of men.   So yeah I think at some point he knew he wanted to get awareness out there about the charity he wants to start and what he can get out of the franchise...and I am here for it!  He knew that all along so he is a very analytical man...why waste tears over that?  And you remember she had just let Ben back, that told him something too. I wouldn't have cried either....at all.  In fact, I was hoping he self eliminated at that point. Both Brendan and Claire are my hereos of the season. 

I have many friends and family members who grew up in neighborhoods with no minorities but their parents make sure they had playdates, vacations, family friends, that were minorities so they would have friends and a background like theirs.  It doesn't even have to be a man, where are her minority friends? To make a statement like that...I have no one my age that I can relate to on these issues?  Uhhh  So he was fighting uphill all the time. She was definitely going to be more receptive and comfortable with what she is used to....no malice. 

As for people bringing up Rachel not choosing a minority, and I know it is coming although Bryan is a minority but for some people that only means Black or dark skinned....she has said that she at least had dated interracially and she was open to it.  Had in  fact thought that if she came on the show she would NOT end up with a black man but she was ok with it if it was the right man.  It is unfair for them to have leads and contestants that this is the first time they are even thinking of dating someone different....and with screening, think about it. If faith is so important to Tayshia I would be surprised if it was not in their screening process so why the big surprise? I know they were brought in for Claire, but you would ask before Fantasy Suites.   She actually said FAMILY was most important to her but you bring back Ben whose parents you can't even meet on video chat?? 

I have no issue with the preference, but she was playing a game for optics and nothing she, he or the producers say will change my mind.   I just have to disagree with people. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Arkay said:

This one time, I would like this fairy tale to be happily ever after. I'm not a believer in Bachelor Nation, but after the year we've had, two extra people on Earth being happy would be good. 

At this point I'm more of a Zac fan than a Tayshia fan. If she is so religious she wouldn't have participated in some of the activiites on this show, and she would have incorporated her faith into her story. Maybe subtract 5,000 mentions of her divorce and substitute some about her faith. I agree with those of you who said that conversation with Ivan was just to give her an out. 

Heck unless her religion practices polygamy she would not be on the show.  And Sean is local and I called BS on him too. I didn't watch his season so I have no idea how he carried himself but from what I've read here he was at least up front about his so called beliefs. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

When both of your parents are minorities and you have never seriously dated a minority that is a red flag for me. No one has to agree.

What is Tayshia's mother's background?

31 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Don't you think Ivan played along with the BS too?  I mean, for all he claimed he loved Tayshia, he really didn't seem all that broken up about the split.  He didn't even try to change her mind when she brought up religion.  He was like "yeah I knew that was important to you.  Sorry I didn't mention religion earlier. You deserve to be happy.  Bye!" Not even a hint of tears in the car and those producers try to get tears. 

Ivan was dumped.  This is a lot of negative assumptions about somebody who was dumped.  Ivan didn't act correctly after being dumped?  I think that the episode was heavily edited for time to show more of Zac's proposal and Tayshia's acceptance which makes sense.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Agree. I'm a bigger fan of him than her. She is nice. But just seemed too guarded all season. I feel I don't know her real personality. Or like she is hiding her real personality.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, AllyCat7 said:

Agree. I'm a bigger fan of him than her. She is nice. But just seemed too guarded all season. I feel I don't know her real personality. Or like she is hiding her real personality.

I agree with this. It's inaccurate for me to say I disliked her because I feel I didn't get to know her enough to like or dislike her. She has this cheerful, bubbly facade that distracts from any content. It's hard to explain. She supplied a lot of uncontroversial filler ("It's A LOT" x infinity) and affirmation to the men , but I don't know any more about what makes T tick than I did week one. Disappointing.  Alas, reality tv? 

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What is Tayshia's mother's background?

@Ms Blue Jay    Ivan said her mother is an immigrant from Mexico and they bonded because his mother is an immigrant from the Philippines (ot spell checking)  My friend said she had to start side eyeing Tayshia because all of a sudden she wanted to speak about her heritage (after BLM) and makes a point to say how she is not just black  but has a Mexican uncle that is a senator and mentions another one that is accomplished. She follows this franchise and said Tayshia has not ever played this up before..until they started promoting her and was clearly to raise their profile of inclusivity along with Matt James.   I have no time for people like that...who make no effort to expand their circle but pretend it is something important to them.   Which also makes me wonder what "faith" she is because it can't be to inclusive if she doesn't have people from church at least she can relate to.  I am not talking about Matt because other than the Tyler connection and the juvenile Quarantine Crew I know nothing about him, but a quick glance at his social at least indicates he has black friends. 

I agree with Ivan - who again defended her- not everyone has to have a dissertation about BLM or racial issues, I get that, but something is off about her.   Also, I agree with him that it is about what she does moving forward.  I suspect she continues to pretend to fly the flag for being a minority Bachelorette, but to be honest  before BLM if Tayshia had got the gig she would have been advocating for being" seen like everyone else" now she is using language about representing.  How is she going to represent something she herself said she doesn't understand....SMH. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Ivan is no different than Ben. He was there to be seen and has several interviews lined up. He’s already on the prowl. He’s not upset; he didn’t want tayshia. He was putting on his bachelor performance at the end like Ben. 

As far as her dating preferences, her mother is Mexican and her dad is black. According to her own words, she’s been in one relationship; her ex husband. He was her first boyfriend and she casually dated after him and on the show. I saw a woman who was open to all types and actually end up with a man she probably never thought she would. 

Ivan, like most MOC on the franchise, also dates outside his race. He came on the show for a white bachelorette. Tayshia let him get the tv exposure which will help him switch careers like most come on this show to do. I’m not seeing what she did to him. He’s living it up per social media.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

@Ms Blue Jay    Ivan said her mother is an immigrant from Mexico and they bonded because his mother is an immigrant from the Philippines (ot spell checking)  My friend said she had to start side eyeing Tayshia because all of a sudden she wanted to speak about her heritage (after BLM) and makes a point to say how she is not just black  but has a Mexican uncle that is a senator and mentions another one that is accomplished. She follows this franchise and said Tayshia has not ever played this up before..until they started promoting her and was clearly to raise their profile of inclusivity along with Matt James.   I have no time for people like that...who make no ever to expand their circle but pretend it is something important to them.   Which also makes me wonder what "faith" she is because it can't be to inclusive if she doesn't have people from church at least she can relate to. 

Thank you for elaborating on that.  Very interesting.

Personally I did not see Ivan do one single villainous thing on the season, yet, interestingly some seem to be reaching to paint him as villainous.  It was a shockingly low drama season except for that one guy who screamed at Claire, even with Claire refusing to come out of her room because she loved Dale so much.  I enjoyed all of it a great deal.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Tayshia stated she self identified as black up until high school because that’s what she looks like. As she got older she realized how silly she was given how connected she is to her mom’s side of the family and wanted to identify as such. She also spoke on the numerous mexican women reaching out to her because mexican women, like black women, do not get the sort of glamorous I’m the prize promotion than the Bachelorette provides. Taking all this into consideration, she wanted to make sure to state she is also a mexican bachelorette. And she wants to be sure to not just say Latina, but mexican for that reason as well.

edited to add: I’ve been following tayshia for years. She does not post her day to date. She keeps her personal life, private, family and friends. So I’m not sure how people are making assumptions about her friends groups when she barely posts about her life. Her page has been “ig professional” since coming on this franchise. She makes her sponsored posts and bounces.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, adore said:

I agree with this. It's inaccurate for me to say I disliked her because I feel I didn't get to know her enough to like or dislike her. She has this cheerful, bubbly facade that distracts from any content. It's hard to explain. She supplied a lot of uncontroversial filler ("It's A LOT" x infinity) and affirmation to the men , but I don't know any more about what makes T tick than I did week one. Disappointing.  Alas, reality tv? 

Glad I'm not the only one. Very well put. I agree 100%. I feel she didn't talk about herself that much. Not sure why...if it's because the men didn't ask, or if the editors just didn't show it.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Ivan is no different than Ben. He was there to be seen and has several interviews lined up. He’s already on the prowl. He’s not upset; he didn’t want tayshia. He was putting on his bachelor performance at the end like Ben. 

As far as her dating preferences, her mother is Mexican and her dad is black. According to her own words, she’s been in one relationship; her ex husband. He was her first boyfriend and she casually dated after him and on the show. I saw a woman who was open to all types and actually end up with a man she probably never thought she would. 

Ivan, like most MOC on the franchise, also dates outside his race. He came on the show for a white bachelorette. Tayshia let him get the tv exposure which will help him switch careers like most come on this show to do. I’m not seeing what she did to him. He’s living it up per social media.

As he should...and me sitting here with my WHITE husband has no issue with who Tayshia dates or chooses, but she was not really open, and that is my point. Ivan said he had dated all  types of people which to me is a plus that he was really open to finding out about Claire. I have no issue with Ivan dating white women or whomever he was dating.  As I said, he was recruited as was Brendan, Joe, Noah and several others,  But for the shut down and Corona and feeling a certain way I doubt many of the men who are on this show would be here and they came to get a vacation and see what happens. I am not mad at that.  If all this was not going on I think many of them would have turned it down,  Brendan an Joe being two. 

She had time after that relationship and between franchise shows to change her life before being put in an artificial world. Yes, I think she said she was open, but was she really?  Similar to Tayshia the first time I dated interracially it was a LAWWWT.  It took me a while to get comfortable with hand holding, etc.  and I had white, hispanic, etc. friends all my life....and I didn't have a camera on me expecting me to make some statement about being a minority on a popular tv show. 

Some people are hung up on trying to insinuate that I feel Tayshia should have chosen a man of color...not at all.  I think ANY lead should have a real history of dating a variety of people if they are going to cast a variety of people.  People should choose who they are attracted to or who fits their lifestyle and not string others along, especially not for how it is going to play out on television or decide national television is the time to experiment. I already said I think Ivan held back because he knew and decided to see where it would go and at some point decided to play it to the end, but I do think along the way it became real to him. "99% of people in Ivan's age range these days live it up on social media.  Again, he wants to start a charity.....he is raising his profile...GOOOOOO Ivan. 

With COVID and the world uncertainty I don't see him quitting his job any time soon, but based upon the goals he stated that is not at all unrealistic.....

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm not saying he's insincere, but Zac seems to have experience in knowing how to say all the right things.  

I’ll say it.  I don’t think he’s sincere.   Way too much “I love you” and for him to claim that they will be together forever to a woman he spent very little time with and that time was completely controlled and stress free.   
Alcoholics and drug addicts can be good at manipulating.  He spent his developmental years from about 13 years old to about 27 years old heavily using alcohol and a huge variety of strong drugs.  Who knows how it affected his brain. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is a lot of negative assumptions about somebody who was dumped.  Ivan didn't act correctly after being dumped?  I think that the episode was heavily edited for time to show more of Zac's proposal and Tayshia's acceptance which makes sense.

I'm confused.  What was a negative assumption? 

That he apologized for not bringing up religion sooner?  He said that on the show.

That he didn't look all that upset to be leaving?  He didn't, IMO. And that doesn't mean he didn't act correctly. I think his reaction was perfectly in alignment with his real feelings which weren't really those of someone truly falling in love.

That he was willing to play the game of the show?  He was.  Perhaps some see that as a negative but I don't unless it's ridiculous shit like what went down with Bennett.  It's a TV show and people know that they will have to play some silly games and probably play up their feelings. 

I've felt for a while that it was more friendly than romantic for both Ivan and Tayshia.  That's not a knock on either of them.  In fact, bringing someone you feel more of a friendship to the final 3 instead of someone you think is legit in love with you is a move I like.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

Tayshia stated she self identified as black up until high school because that’s what she looks like. As she got older she realized how silly she was given how connected she is to her mom’s side of the family and wanted to identify as such. She also spoke on the numerous mexican women reaching out to her because mexican women, like black women, do not get the sort of glamorous I’m the prize promotion than the Bachelorette provides. Taking all this into consideration, she wanted to make sure to state she is also a mexican bachelorette. And she wants to be sure to not just say Latina, but mexican for that reason as well.

edited to add: I’ve been following tayshia for years. She does not post her day to date. She keeps her personal life, private, family and friends. So I’m not sure how people are making assumptions about her friends groups when she barely posts about her life. Her page has been “ig professional” since coming on this franchise. She makes her sponsored posts and bounces.

Because she said out of her own mouth to Ivan that she had NO ONE HER OWN age that was Bi racial or had the background like she did to relate to or talk to.......but hey, maybe that was editing because I know , "she was being real with y'all."  I could still be wrong, but I don't get all caught up in these people so if I am, oh well.

I have no idea but when did she start talking about this Latina connection within the franchise?? Of course she identified as Black because uh, that's how the world was going to see her.  Until recently they didn't even have the choices on forms of Black/Hispanic or Black Non Hispanic s they do on some.   I am actually glad that she is talking about her dual heritage because I also think it is important and wish Claire had done the same....

edited to add= exactly not until she was  in interviews for the Bachelorette, not during Colton's season or BIP unless my "sources" are wrong, but they don't claim to be a Tayshia expect, so who really knows? 

Edited by catrice2
12 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

As he should...and me sitting here with my WHITE husband has no issue with who Tayshia dates or chooses, but she was not really open, and that is my point. Ivan said he had dated all  types of people which to me is a plus that he was really open to finding out about Claire. I have no issue with Ivan dating white women or whomever he was dating.  As I said, he was recruited as was Brendan, Joe, Noah and several others,  But for the shut down and Corona and feeling a certain way I doubt many of the men who are on this show would be here and they came to get a vacation and see what happens. I am not mad at that. 

She had time after that relationship and between franchise shows to change her life before being put in an artificial world. Yes, I think she said she was open, but was she really?  Similar to Tayshia the first time I dated interracially it was a LAWWWT.  It took me a while to get comfortable with hand holding, etc.  and I had white, hispanic, etc. friends all my life.   

Some people are hung up on trying to insinuate that I feel Tayshia should have chosen a man of color...not at all.  I think ANY lead should have a real history of dating a variety of people if they are going to cast a variety of people.  People should choose who they are attracted to or who fits their lifestyle and not string others along, especially not for how it is going to play out on television or decide national television is the time to experiment. I already said I think Ivan held back because he knew and decided to see where it would go and at some point decided to play it to the end, but I do think along the way it became real to him. "99% of people in Ivan's age range these days live it up on social media.  Again, he wants to start a charity.....he is raising his profile...GOOOOOO Ivan. 

With COVID and the world uncertainty I don't see him quitting his job any time soon, but based upon the goals he stated that is not at all unrealistic.....

No offense, but you keep making references to tayshia’s life, and How do you know anything about her life? You’ve stated many times you don’t watch the show. I do and I’ve been following her for years and she barely post her private life and even those posts are influence-y. She’s not a sharer. People are making a whole lot of assumptions. She has a public image that she makes money off of. Her sm is the same as she was on the show. 

We can agree to disagree on tayshia being open. I saw a woman who was more open to different types of men than I’ve seen since watching this franchise. She had maybe four black men to choose from and had chemistry with none of them. She helped Riley and Ivan out by giving them screentime. And they both seem happy with her. I’m not sure what more she could do for them. They all won. 

Because she said out of her own mouth to Ivan that she had NO ONE HER OWN age that was Bi racial or had the background like she did to relate to or talk to.......but hey, maybe that was editing because I know , "she was being real with y'all."  I could still be wrong, but I don't get all caught up in these people so if I am, oh well.

I have no idea but when did she start talking about this Latina connection within the franchise?? Of course she identified as Black because uh, that's how the world was going to see her.  Until recently they didn't even have the choices on forms of Black/Hispanic or Black Non Hispanic s they do on some.   I am actually glad that she is talking about her dual heritage because I also think it is important and wish Claire had done the same....

She did not say she had no one she could speak to, at all. She said she wasn’t going to bring it up on the show and hasn’t really spoke about it. She has a black father and three black siblings after all. But not all black people sit around talking about BLM.

She’s been talking about being mexican since she started doing interviews.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 13
Just now, dirtypop90 said:

No offense, but you keep making references to tayshia’s life, and How do you know anything about her life? You’ve stated many times you don’t watch the show. I do and I’ve been following her for years and she barely post her private life and even those posts are influence-y. She’s not a sharer. People are making a whole lot of assumptions. She has a public image that she makes money off of. Her sm is the same as she was on the show. 

We can agree to disagree on tayshia being open. I saw a woman who was more open to different types of men than I’ve seen since watching this franchise. She had maybe four black men to choose from and had chemistry with none of them. She helped Riley and Ivan out by giving them screentime. And they both seem happy with her. I’m not sure what more she could for them. They all won. 

Uh ok....?? I said that a long time ago we can agree to disagree and that everyone has an opinion  I am curious, however, since you said she keeps her personal life private, how then do you know anything other than what she wants you to see?  I can make my assumptions, and you are making yours, so it really is the same.  None of us really know these people and I have said that several times.    
I saw a women that was forcing chemistry with most of the men to make a good show. All the desperate grabbing face kisses..and giggly banter. Since we don't know her, why do we know that is real?   And I already said Ivan seems to have a good opinion of her....so yes, they  all won. But I think she did not show her real self on the show, or they gave her a bad edit in some ways and a too good edit in others.   Since I am not the only one who feels that way and there are people who watch the show who feel the same way, there must be a "there there."  

People followed many celebrities for years and knew nothing about their real lives...Bill Cosby and a few others come to mind.  The media is great at making you feel a certain way about people...for some it is positive for others negative.  I bring him up because again my BS detector is great. My family lauds me from saying since I was a child something was off about him and I didn't trust him....when he was an ICON an America's Dad....

• Love 1

Uh ok....?? I said that a long time ago we can agree to disagree and that everyone has an opinion  I am curious, however, since you said she keeps her personal life private, how then do you know anything other than what she wants you to see?  I can make my assumptions, and you are making yours, so it really is the same.  None of us really know these people and I have said that several times.    
I saw a women that was forcing chemistry with most of the men to make a good show. All the desperate grabbing face kisses..and giggly banter. Since we don't know her, why do we know that is real?   And I already said Ivan seems to have a good opinion of her....so yes, they  all won. But I think she did not show her real self on the show, or they gave her a bad edit in some ways and a too good edit in others.   Since I am not the only one who feels that way and there are people who watch the show who feel the same way, there must be a "there there."  

People followed many celebrities for years and knew nothing about their real lives...Bill Cosby and a few others come to mind.  The media is great at making you feel a certain way about people...for some it is positive for others negative.  I bring him up because again my BS detector is great. My family lauds me from saying since I was a child something was off about him and I didn't trust him....when he was an ICON an America's Dad....

I’m not making assumptions. I’ve made clear I don’t know how tayshia leads her private life, whom she’s dated, what she likes, unlike others. I can only tell you what she’s said and her actions on the shows I’ve watched. She could be a hot mess in real life. No clue. She keeps her private business behind close doors.

She found a way to make money off this show and maybe find a husband without exposing her private business, while maintaining a good public image. I get some don’t like it. But I say good for her. The people who come on here and expose too much always regret it in the end and need a lot of therapy when it’s done i.e. our last bachelorette Hannah Brown, who’s still not over how she exposed herself to the world last year.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

What is Clare's dual heritage?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AllyCat7 said:

What is Clare's dual heritage?

@AllyCat7  According to the people who watch the show, being my friend and several co workers, Mexican decent on her mother's side.  I almost think some podcast or something brought it up when she left the show because they were saying that Tayshia should not be called the first Latina Bachelorette because of Claire.  Which makes me believe that there have been no other Latina leads?  I don't know.  But since you need 99 sources and a resume of reasons you watch this show, to post on this board etc. don't quote me on that.....

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

@AllyCat7  According to the people who watch the show, being my friend and several co workers, Mexican decent on her mother's side.  I almost think some podcast or something brought it up when she left the show because they were saying that Tayshia should not be called the first Latina Bachelorette because of Claire.  Which makes me believe that there have been no other Latina leads?  I don't know.  But since you need 99 sources and a resume of reasons you watch this show, to post on this board etc. don't quote me on that.....

Haha ok. I won't. Interesting if true, though.

3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Ivan is an engineer. Science oriented. I'm guessing he is an atheist. That would be a bigger issue than a denominational one.

I was half listening during the Ivan breakup, as could see it coming as soon as Ben knocked on the door...

I missed the religion talk, but Ivan is half Filipino.  Many Filipinos are Catholic .   Maybe Ivan wanted to raise their future kids Catholic and Tasia used that as her flimsy excuse to be rid of him?

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I was half listening during the Ivan breakup, as could see it coming as soon as Ben knocked on the door...

I missed the religion talk, but Ivan is half Filipino.  Many Filipinos are Catholic .   Maybe Ivan wanted to raise their future kids Catholic and Tasia used that as her flimsy excuse to be rid of him?

Ivan stated on social media tayshia wanted to date a Christian man and he is not religious

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Three theories on Ivan (NOTE: I claim no inside information, and this post will probably be massively outdated within a day or two, but here goes):

1) He's an atheist. However, "atheist" isn't nearly the curse word it was just a few decades ago, and it's hard to see Tayshia breaking it off over that.

2) He's a Muslim. I could see Tayshia not wanting to convert, BUT if Ivan were devout enough to want her to convert, he'd have a Muslim name. He doesn't.

3) He's Christian, but a Jehovah's Witness or other denomination frowned upon by mainstream Christianity.

Any of these would explain their earlier religious discussion not being shown: ABC has no desire to be picketed or drawn into a firestorm. At the same time, this IS the conversation Tayshia and Ivan had, and they can't edit it away entirely.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
5 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Ivan is an engineer. Science oriented. I'm guessing he is an atheist. That would be a bigger issue than a denominational one.

Oh man, if that's true, I would have loved it the show had aired him talking about it. They aired all of the self-righteous, bordering on delusional proclamations that Luke P spewed on Hannah's season, but atheism is somehow too controversial?

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Oh, T, you and your white toes are NOT going on DWTS.

Why was her back so stiff? I've seen senior citizens dance better than that.

4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to this show, so did she say she wanted to be a sahm?  Because, if so, that was one of the issues her ex had, that she didn't want to work. 

It sounded like she was hedging. She wants someone to support her career ambitions (on which she has never elaborated), but if she decides to stay home after having children, she wants to be supported in that decision as well.

4 hours ago, dizzyd said:

This seems off sequence. Isn’t this the same dress she was wearing earlier with her dad?

This isn't the first time something like that happened this season. TPTB have gotten really lazy.

4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Not to be nasty, but the combination of his forehead and eyes reminds me of Frankenstein. 

Frankenstein's monster. Frankenstein himself was a regular human being. 

4 hours ago, alexa said:

So they don’t even get a video reunion at the end?   There was plenty of footage they could have taken out to make time.  I mean Clare even got her moment...

It felt like ABC just wants this season to be over. They could have used the last 3-4 minutes for a quick video call with Tayshia and Zac, but they chose to show an extra-long preview of Matt's season instead. I've heard that the Bachelor is usually a bigger cash/ratings cow than Bachelorette, so that's probably why.

3 hours ago, Arkay said:

Whoa, Zac and ex-Mrs. Zac. I wouldn't recognize him.

image.jpeg

He looks really puffy in that photo. Probably drank and/or used heavily during that time. I also noticed that while he doesn't flaunt it (*cough* like Ben *cough*), he does have a very buff physique, so a regular workout routine must be part of his sobriety.

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So does that mean Zac is a Christian man? Hmm..

Not making any assumptions about Zac, but the 12-step program is heavily influenced by religion. Since he not only got sober himself but also helps others get sober, I wouldn't be surprised if religion is an important part of his life.

As for the ending, am I the only one who's skeptical? I don't think those two truly know each other. They were both very careful to present a certain narrative of themselves, and held a lot of things back. They'll be "in love" until one of them has a bad day. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't have a good feeling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

As for the ending, am I the only one who's skeptical? I don't think those two truly know each other. They were both very careful to present a certain narrative of themselves, and held a lot of things back. They'll be "in love" until one of them has a bad day. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't have a good feeling.

I think this process invites skepticism.   It really is mostly a promise to get to know someone better.

So no more skeptical than usual.  Clare and Dale, on the other hand... 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Arkay said:

Whoa, Zac and ex-Mrs. Zac. I wouldn't recognize him.

image.jpeg

Wow, he really does look like a bloated party boy.

Good for him getting his shit together.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've read before that a lot of what the bachelors and ettes do during the fantasy suite is discuss the big things like religion.  They just don't tend to talk religion during their dates unless it's part of their story.  I suspect Ivan is not religious and while he's not opposed to dating someone who is he's not going to go to church with his partner.  That's an understandable thing to be a deal breaker if it's part of how you see your future family. 

Really they should have the leads list their deal breakers and filter those people out before the show starts or at least ensure that those things are talked about early.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

COVID took a lot away from us. What I’m missing most right now is Harrison egging on a live audience and hyping up the dramatic finale. This just doesn’t *feel* like a finale.

I don’t miss those stupid viewing parties !!!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Wayyyyyy more of the Bachelorette couples have been successful, versus the Bachelor couples.  There's gotta be a great essay or theory about this somewhere, like something about how when the woman chooses in the relationship, it leads to more success..... 

I’m positing we just go with good, ol’ Darwinism. The male species wants to spread their genes, whereas the female species looks for the partner with the best genes (or personality, values, abs, job, or what have you when talking about humans) to procreate with. Both the Bachelors and Bachelorettes have a large group of potential mates. The Bachelorettes choose the best mate to procreate with (or marry or be engaged to for a few months). The Bachelors do the same. I think those who actually are ready to settle down do get married. But then the others realize that having 25 women fighting to mate with them, plus potentially hundreds of thousand more fans out there, they still have the opportunity to spread their seed out in the wild, figuratively speaking.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I think Tayisha’s season filmed during that very scary time when everything was shut down and the only new TV shows were the ones filmed like zoom calls. Things are still shut down where I am but TV land figured out ways to film stuff that wasn’t in one room.

I hope things work out for Tayisha and Zac. She seems like a nice person and she had a good group of guys. I really missed the travel scenes but I get it. Ivan didn’t seem upset so I think they really were just friends and used the religion talk to have a reason for the breakup.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Riplet68 said:

I think that’s the first proposal where the girl didn’t present her hand for the Ring.  She just wanted to hug and kiss him. He had to say something to put ring on

Emily did the same thing when Brad proposed. I still remember that. She bent down and grabbed his face. No that it mattered in the end anyway!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dude, I cried real tears watching this finale. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

I seriously think Zac is one of the best guys ever on this franchise, and Tayshia got extremely lucky. The most genuine she has seemed all season was with him in this episode. I feel like she put up a really sparkly front without a lot of emotion underneath it with mostly everyone, but she actually seemed flustered and real here talking to him on their dance, last date, and during the proposal. Dammit, I hope it works out for them. It actually felt like a love story. The taxi at the end was adorable.

I have a feeling I'm going to hate the majority of the contestants on Matt James's season, so don't get used to this sap fest over here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

Man....I hope they're not showing Zac being this awesome dude, and when he gets home he's a dick.

awww....I love her word vomit freak out.

I found that freakout very revealing.  She was very anxious about possibly not wanting to CONQUER THE WORLD which is what she and Ivan were constantly affirming for each other.  I think her main ambition is to have followers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching the opening scene with Ben right now - haven't read any of your posts because I don't want to be spoiled - and I have to agree with those of you who are calling him a famewhore. There's stuff he says that are "tells" that (in my opinion) he's more interested in remaining on the show than with her. He says, "I want to tell you what I'm thinking" - I think she'd want to know what he's feeling (I would). He says that she "makes him feel like nothing he's felt like in his entire life and that's what I'm in love with", so he's more in love with the feeling he gets from her than with Tayshia herself. He also seems kind of emotionally lazy. He just thought he'd get a rose and he could tell her more then.

I definitely don't think he's ready for a real commitment. He goes for what is safe - telling her he loves her after he's already rejected. He can say what he feels knowing there's no risk of really committing to it because he's already out of the running. Plus it makes him look good on TV, to come back as the rejected misunderstood lover.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10