Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Week 13

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

What The editors / producers think we want to see: “ I’m falling in love with you .” “ I can see a life with you .” ( for the 10,000th time .) 

What we actually want to see : real talk - beliefs , views , having fun, laughing , actually getting to know each other . 

What we actually want to see if we're 'wrong reasons' watchers: Drama, insanity, comedy, fights, injuries

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I just posted in the BiP media thread.  Carly and Evan are kaput.   Krystal and Chris are divorcing.  The first couple never bothered to register their marriage and she ended up ghosting him.  I think that Only leaves Jade and Tanner.  Three kids, but she never seems really happy in her photos.   Did I miss any marriages?    Btw, one couple going strong that everyone thought would fail...Dean and Caelynn.   

How could you possibly forget the notorious Ashley I and Jared? ☺

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Finally got to watch the full episode and not just clips here and there.

With all the talk of emotional intelligence this season, the one person who truly has high EQ is Zac, IMO. The way he handled Tayshia and her family (especially her dad) is a thing of beauty. I would even include the way he worked with the producers. He got a near flawless edit in recent bachelor history. And he stayed above the fray in the house too while being friendly with the guys. Again, that could be the edit and goes back to working well with the producers. Clare's Dale did not have such a good edit.

Back to him with Tayshia and her father. With Tayshia, when she was visibly stressed during their last date, he didn’t make it about himself and just asked her how he could help her and progressively cheered her up. Also that answer to the will-you-run-away question, he related it back to his life experience. And then with her father, he reassured him by first praising his character and making it a standard. Her father was almost tearing up during that conversation. He made it so her father couldn't possibly argue back (at least not in front of him). Zac is so good at handling people that it's almost scary. Like I think Tayshia herself is great at that but he's at another level.

Time will tell if they are compatible in the long run. Zac seems more set in his ways and is that what Tayshia wants?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

Zac is so good at handling people that it's almost scary.

It is almost scary because I think he's too good at handling people and saying just the right things.  Nary a stumble or fumble.  I guess time will tell and Tayshia will find out soon enough if he's the real deal.   

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

It is almost scary because I think he's too good at handling people and saying just the right things.  Nary a stumble or fumble.  I guess time will tell and Tayshia will find out soon enough if he's the real deal.   

Exactly. I'm sure partially it's by training because of his job. Still, I hope he uses his "superpowers" for good. 

• Love 4

I don't doubt Tayshia is religious, but if the edit is at ALL reflective of reality, I think ithad little to do with why she dumped Ivan. I think she needed a plausible reason to boot him.

We never heard a single word about religion from anyone else. If this was so important to her, she must have talked about it, probably early and often. The only person we know to be religious we've seen her associated with is Colton. But nothing from her dad or anything.

Was her ex-husband religious? Or did Tayshia embrace it after he cheated on her?

But then, there's ABC -- Always Be Cowards!  The only reason we saw a word about BLM is because the network had gotten so much heat for ignoring race.  After everything with Hannah B and Luke P last year, maybe religion was not a topic they wanted to get back into?

It was just such a weird bomb to drop so late in the season for something apparently important to her. Like telling Zac at the proposal "I can't wait for you to meet my daughter."

(Sorry. I've had coffee...)

• Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, dirtypop90 said:

Additionally, I wonder if part of the abrupt ending for Ivan was respecting his wishes. He has now come out and stated he is agnostic today and many of his family and friends did not know. I can totally understand Ivan’s hesitation to share on camera and tayshia respected him by not spelling it out for the audience. 

perhaps, but when you go on a national tv show with the kind of exposure this has, maybe you need to be prepared. jmo. I love Ivan.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sioux21 said:

What about Kevin and Astrid? Did they break up?

11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I heard they had to postpone their wedding due to the pandemic, but they're still together.

How could I forget about them... they did a toothpaste commercial a few months ago.  And yes, they announced they were postponing the wedding, but seem to be still together.   I guess I forgot about them because they aren’t all over the internet.  

• Love 2

It sounds like Ivan and Tayshia’s religion conversation happened in the fantasy suite—where cameras aren’t allowed—hence the conversation not appearing on camera. But do you really need the proof and justification for why she didn’t choose Ivan? I mean, personally, I thought Ivan is a great catch and he would have been my choice, but he was never in the running to be Tayshia’s choice. He’s been friend-zoned and probably shouldn’t have even made it that far. Tayshia had much more chemistry with and made goo-goo eyes over Zac, Ben, Brenden, Bennett, and even Noah. I feel like she either thought—or was told—that she should keep a black guy in the running. But we all knew he realistically never had a shot with Tayshia, right?  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

It sounds like Ivan and Tayshia’s religion conversation happened in the fantasy suite—where cameras aren’t allowed—hence the conversation not appearing on camera. But do you really need the proof and justification for why she didn’t choose Ivan? I mean, personally, I thought Ivan is a great catch and he would have been my choice, but he was never in the running to be Tayshia’s choice. He’s been friend-zoned and probably shouldn’t have even made it that far. Tayshia had much more chemistry with and made goo-goo eyes over Zac, Ben, Brenden, Bennett, and even Noah. I feel like she either thought—or was told—that she should keep a black guy in the running. But we all knew he realistically never had a shot with Tayshia, right?  

I always wonder how the leads can "make out" and get passionate with the ones they know they dont want. I guess Im very old fashioned lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5