Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bless This Mess

• Start Topic

Yara has a talent for seeing slights where none exist. Jovi's mom seemed really cool and her wanting to have a limited celebration for her son's marriage is normal and healthy. Why does Yara want to punish Jovi's family because her family can't come? She nasty.

Amira from Saumur, France may regret moving into a bungalow with her future mother in law and a home daycare. I can't wait!

• Love 17

I watched the preview.

Brandon and Julia are staying at a rather inexpensive Capitol Skyline Hotel - a good deal at around $100CAD per night. At least at this time of year. She is not a morning person and I don't think she really wants to go sightseeing with him and his parents.

Jovi and Yara head out to visit his mom.  She really doesn't want to stay in his mom's house overnight - although according to mom, staying at someone's home is nothing out of the ordinary. She doesn't have much casual wear. I do hope mom asked Jovi if she had any food allergies. I would pass on the dish she made because of my seafood allergy. Yara wants a huge wedding with all the families there. Uh, do you have any money, girl? Jovi's mom seemed cool with a smaller wedding.

We then met Andrew and Amira. I thought Andrew was just part of some commercial at first. Some dude putting on some Game of Thrones type costume. Nope. It's Andrew who runs a daycare with his mom. Amira seems a bit too high-end for him. Very stylish, fashionable. Reminded me a bit of Amal Clooney. She likes to shop and is interested in makeup. Andrew is not. Why do these women who like the finer things in life pursue a relationship with men who are not going to give them that? Can she settle in a place and share running the daycare with him?

Seems that a lot of these great loves are superficial. No one says that their love is funny, warm, kind, generous, etc. Just attractive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Andrew is very similar to Colteeeee in looks and mannerisms.

I remember when 90 Day was more about the couple and how they got along, not it's more about the dynamics with the family.

I hope to see Amira moving in with Andrew and his mom and helping run the day care, she will be gone before the 90 days.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Does Natalie have her teeth sewed shut or what?  Why is she talking thru them?  I can’t stand her.  She’s reminds me of a little girl that hasn’t grown up yet.  I hope Mike keeps her hanging with the ring.  These two mothers of the guys are meddling shrews.  I’m a mother in law of two, and never interfere.  I get along with both daughters in-law and keep my mouth shut.  
Wow, these Ukrainian girls sure are fussy about everything and let the guys know it off the bat.  They complain about everything.  The flowers, the in laws, their housing, their closets.  Go back then.  This is the best country in the world.  I can’t wait forNatalie to see the farm in the middle of nowhere.  She kicked poor Bo out and thought nothing of it.  Cruel.  They should have figured something out so he could stay on the property somewhere.  Mike is a pushover or just horny.  Lots of luck with her.  Tarik is getting involved with Hazel who wants a girlfriend too.  Is he nuts or what?  Definitely nuts,and he’ll be sorry.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 13

Andrew’s brilliant scheme to circumvent the COVID-19 travel restrictions gave me anxiety. Are there spoilers for what the devastating news is? I’m finding myself hoping she gets sent back to France, breaks up with Andrew, and finds a better guy.

55 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Did they explain why Brandon and Julia are staying with Super-Controlling Parents? Julia's probably not going to put up with his crap for long.

Brandon allegedly spent all his money on courting Julia and cannot afford to move out.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

How do these women have no idea where they are moving?  Between on-line maps, Google Earth, FaceTime, Zillow, etc, they should be able to know exactly what they are getting themselves into.  If they want a guy that lives in a city, then why would they date and agree to marry someone who is a farmer?  Do they really believe that everyone in America is rich?  

• Love 24

Anybody who'd put up with their spouse having a side piece deserves what they get. Tarik is an idiot if there is any truth to this story.

What's this storyline about Dean having a Filipino girlfriend breaking up his relationship with Tarik? I'm pretty sure that was well known when they appeared together on Pillow Talk. It's like TLC isn't even trying anymore.

• Love 11

Mike and Natalie: I can see Mike asking Uncle Beau to maybe move temporarily until Natalie gets more settled in her new home. Maybe 3-4 weeks. I don't think she liked him much at the lunch meeting. He comes with the farm, so get used to it. Natalie would prefer the more vibrant and expensive Seattle instead of Sequim. I can understand her being cold, especially if there is much humidity in the area. The cold in my area is normally a dry cold and that area, she may very well indeed experience a different cold than she is used to. Mike could have turned up the heat in the house. No idea if he has running water or some sort of well. He may also have a septic tank. Cats don't like me so I can understand the cat not liking her and vice versa. They will get used to each other.  She doesn't like the furniture, or anything about the house and it's too small for her. Go back to the Ukraine. I don't know if both are in the same library, much less the same book, or the same page. They have a lot of issues to work out.

Brandon and Julia: Time for the parents to let their son have some time and space. Have one sightseeing stop together and/or meet for lunch or a snack later on in the day. It's too intrusive and Brandon needs to learn to put his foot down. Since the parents are paying for everything, well, he may not have many options. Surely the parents can see that they are not really wanted. Do their own thing. Julia is not likely to want the farm life. Too bad she didn't do an Internet search on where she was moving, what is around there, and how she thinks she may manage. If you don't want a farm life, don't start a relationship with someone who will be on the farm for many years. Brandon is unlikely to ever move out. If his dad dies, then his mom will need his help and he will never go anywhere. This is your future, Julia.

Jovi and Yara: Mr. Teeth is going to have a struggle with the bad ombre hair lady. She's a hot girl and maybe arm candy, but that is about it. What is she going to do? How is she going to handle him going wherever for a month? Will it be party time for her? They seem to be an odd match. She wants a big wedding but how will that happen in Covid times? And who will pay for all this? Another one who didn't do her research, see what kinds of jobs she could find to help with expenses, etc. Do these women think that all these boys are wealthy?

Amira and Andrew: Another odd one. What do they see in each other? There are larger cities in France and Amira could check some of those out to see if she can have a better life. Even other EU countries. What does Andrew have to offer her? She likes shopping and makeup. What kind of job does she see herself doing? Would she be helping run the daycare? Her father is right and this is probably not real love. No idea if the Mexico bypass will work. Couldn't they wait to get a visa extension because of Covid? Or get a new one and maybe take some time to get jobs and make some money? Mother Andrew may be another Debbie.

Tarik and Hazel: Tarik's house was messy? Maybe a little. I can understand her thinking that all Tarik wants is a maid. He went all out in that powder blue suit. I don't understand her immediately wanting a girlfriend on the side.  Perhaps 6 months down the line after she settles in, finds something to do, and builds a life. Maybe if his daughter was a teenager - i.e. 16-17 years old and not 9. She will have enough on her plate dealing with Tarik,  getting to know his daughter, getting used to life in America. For Tarik, is she worth it, knowing full well that he may come number 2 or 3 in her life. Will she ever be able to bring her son to America? How will the father handle that type of custody arrangement. The age difference is a bit significant as both are in different places in their lives. Might not be a happily ever after as she may find the girlfriend more exciting and interesting than Tarik, but he's okay because she can stay in his house for free. Or maybe not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

That Yara is really a piece of work. If her family can't be at their wedding, then Jovi's can't be either.  Never mind that her family is on another continent and his is a parish away.  I hope he has the good sense not to marry this woman.  

I am going to cut Natalie some slack, because I don't know too many women who would want to live in a trailer, without heat, in the middle of nowhere.   

Hazel, sweetie, when we first met you, you and your parents were living in a 6 x 6 room; and you were sleeping on a cardboard box.  So shut the eff up about Tarik's big, "messy" house complete with electricity and indoor plumbing.  Ungrateful bitch!

Try, try as hard as I might, I can't help but like Julia.  She whines a good game, but she seems pretty harmless.  I have a feeling she is going to adopt to farm life.  

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

She wants a big wedding but how will that happen in Covid times? And who will pay for all this?

I don’t think Yara did want a big wedding— she said she would feel bad having one since her family couldn’t be there. Great to know TLC is already setting the stage for these two eventually having that HEA staple, the second wedding.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

If Tarik and his brother have been on the outs, they sure managed to get along well enough to share a bed and collect a check for theIr observations on pillow talk. 

So far I don’t hate Yara but only that’s only because I really can’t stand NonbonJovi and his teeth.

My prediction for Mike and Natalie: 

It’s lovely Thursday evening in Sequim and Natalie has been in the US for a week. Mike has been working outside on the farm all day.  He cooked Natalie’s favorite dinner, put in a load of laundry, washed and dried the dishes, swept the kitchen floor and locked Uncle Beau in the barn for the night.  He’s finally ready to sit down, put his feet up  and relax with his future wife.  But Natalie is claustrophobic and has also developed an acute fear of all things in nature.  The evil cat has been giving her dirty looks and has been talking behind her back with Uncle Beau.  To make matters worse, Mike has still hasn’t given back the ring.  It all goes to hell from there.  Save yourself, Mike!!

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

Hazel gained weight!  I hardly recognized her.  She looks a lot different.

Tarek is in lust.  He's like a teenager about to get lucky.

Hazel not so much.  I think the I'm bi is to fend off Tarek!

I felt sorry for Natalie shivering and shaking!  Turn the heat up or throw another log on the fire!  I hate being cold!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Did they explain why Brandon and Julia are staying with Super-Controlling Parents? Julia's probably not going to put up with his crap for long.

This dude needs to man up. Perfect solution to "mom doesn't want xyz." He's 27 years old and it's time to cut the cord. Yes, it's disrespectful to think you can stay in the same room at your parents' home and be disrespectful of their rules.

But why do any of you think you should be getting married when you've admitted you are not ready to act like a responsible adult and make your own way in life?

It was pretty ridiculous how his parents planned that whole day of togetherness sightseeing and then mom acts as though he stabbed her in the heart when he says they want to have dinner on their own.

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

For all that new powder blue suit, Tarik couldn't straighten up his beard!?  He looked like a poorly kept new Nation of Islam member.   To be fair, Tarik actually IS a raggedy beard.  I said what I said.

Hazel bitching about the messy house...now I remember why I didn't like her.  She is clearly overwhelmed, which is understandable, but instead of expressing that, she needed to shit on the house being "messy" (it looked cluttered, but messy is a bit much).  Bitch, what are your coming from again? FOH.  I have concerns that Tarik's horny teenager thing is pussy blinding him to reality, and that reality is that he has a special needs child and I wonder if Hazel and her desires and her obviously lukewarm feelings for Tarik will make her a successful stepmom.  Robert and Annie were a gd mess, but she was IN to be a mom to Bryson from the jump.  Plus, this whole Dean and Tarik on the outs thing is meant to be their B story (with the trouple piece being the A story), so...meh. 

Are these cold Eastern European women just magic in bed or something?  B/c their personalities are not sparkling (surly, is more like it), and they are 'aight looking, but a bit fake and all seem super high maintenance and cold.  

Natalie is just off for me.  She was during their original season and she is now.  Like, why are you pouting over french toast and getting passive aggressive with some carrots?  Tell him your concerns (Look, this is cool, but I don't eat like this.  For me to be comfortable here, I would like to have fresh fruit and veggies, etc, etc), or STFU.  I hated that she kicked Uncle Beau out, and you know she has no intention of letting him back in.  Oh, and that kitty better watch it's back.  Watch her "take care of it" b/c it has the devil /witch in it or something. There is something really off about Natalie.   Every time she talked about the ring, I was like "THE ONE YOU THREW BACK AT HIM?!".  Mike is an idiot, though.  How does he think she will be any different?!

All these people bitching about the men going back to work too quickly...how do you think the damn fool is gonna afford your expensive ass?!  Jovi and Mike need to work. 

Look, if this whiny, useless chick doesn't want that Cajun cooking, honey, my thick brown ass would LOVE it.  A hs bf was Cajun, and I loved going to his parents house to eat...frankly, I think I liked it more than the boy.  HAHA.  I agree with you all:  Yara wants there to be problems and NOTHING will ever be good enough for her. I literally don't understand what they see in each other.  I'm going to be mean:  She's cute, but not "dear god, forget it all" hot to be worth all this trouble.  Neither of them seem happy.  Jovi def seemed way happier before she got here.  I don't see where the rest of their story is b/c it is going to be rinse, lather, repeat of Yara bitching and Jovi telling her not to be a bitch with a little bit of "why is Jovie such a party boy".  It isn't a good look for either party. 

It would be have been better to give Brandon and Julia a bit of private time.  I don't disagree with the house rules, but it is unfair to the 2 young lovers to not let them have private time.  The passive aggression when they told the parents that they were going to to dinner alone.  Geez!  Julia does have her moments of cute...I actually think she genuinely likes Brandon's dad (I do too), so her skipping off with him to get burgers was sweet.  These "do it for the gram" people confuse me b/c I would much rather snap a few pics and then explore.  That national lawn portion of DC is so cool (as an immigrant, I was in awe when we went...like...WOW...AMERICA), and there is so much to see and learn.  Maybe I'm showing my age with the snootiness about the photos. 

Amira and Andrew.  I don't have a good read.  Something about him reads weird or off to me, but I don't know what.  He seems to have some desperation, but is quite well spoken.  Amira, girl, maybe go to the other capital cities in the EU before you come to some schlep in the US.  She also seems a little off. Her town in France looks incredibly charming through these American eyes, but I wonder if her 1/2 Egyptian side makes things difficult for her with those townspeople?  I'm not 100% sure how the racial dynamics work there, but I've certainly seen a bit about nationalist movements. The whole Mexico thing seems REALLY shady, and I'm concerned for her.  Personally, I agree that she should wait and try again. vs. do this weird thing  With the Rona, is the gov not just extending deadlines on these visas?

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Katie111 said:

How do these women have no idea where they are moving?  Between on-line maps, Google Earth, FaceTime, Zillow, etc, they should be able to know exactly what they are getting themselves into.  If they want a guy that lives in a city, then why would they date and agree to marry someone who is a farmer?  Do they really believe that everyone in America is rich?  

This is so stupid to me. My boyfriend had to work in Phoenix for 6-9 months, so he rented a place. I looked up every place he visited. Once he picked one, I knew every place I could walk to and how to get to the running trail before I got on a plane to visit! I can’t imagine moving to a whole different country and never even looking it up!

• Love 17

I’ve had cats my entire life so I knew right away Mike’s cat wasn’t going to be here for Natalie’s shit. People who hate cats will try to pick up a cat or put their hand over a cat’s head and when the cat rebuffs, they go, “See? That’s why I hate cats!” Yeah, dummy. What would your reaction be if a total stranger lifted you off the ground or rubbed your head back and forth five seconds after meeting you? His cat didn’t even do anything to her. She just ran away from her. Cat was like, “First of all, who are you? Secondly, go wash those filthy flesh hooves before addressing me. See, this is why I hate primates!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I get the impression that Mike has discovered that he can control Natalie with that ring.  As long as she doesn't have it, she's behaving and has backed off on her crazy demands.  She trying so hard to be normal and loveable.  Mike knows that as soon as she gets that ring the crazy will be unleashed again.  He doesn't want her there but is too timid to say it so he's going to enjoy "nice" Natalie and her sexual favors, while turning her off in every other way possible.  Dirty, unheated house, the possibility of Uncle Beau moving back in, slopping the pigs, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think its all scripted at this point. Its all that same tired Sharp playbook. On noes! Culture clash! She's a city girl, he's a farmer! Wacky hijinks ensue! I just don't believe any of it. 

Amira doesn't have to run the day care with Andrew. Why would she?  She can go to the local mall and get a job at Sephora. 

And Brandon's parents and their puritanical rules can bite my ample ass. They didn't make a peep about their precious son sharing a room with Julia in Iceland, or in France, or even in Washington DC. They didn't say "Oh, we can't possibly join you for a luxurious vacation in Paris if you don't have separate rooms because religious beliefs".  And Brandon and Julia are actually engaged.  Its not like she's some hookup he met on Tinder. The whole separate rooms thing is just a way for them to flex and show Julia that she will always come second. Pretending that Brandon and Julia haven't been sleeping together is disingenuous at best. I get that Julia needs to just slap a smile on her pouty face and suck it up. But lord they are insufferable.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 12/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, Frozendiva said:

Brandon and Julia are staying at a rather inexpensive Capitol Skyline Hotel - a good deal at around $100CAD per night. At least at this time of year. She is not a morning person and I don't think she really wants to go sightseeing with him and his parents.

It must have been on the live chat where someone asked why they didn't take a sight-seeing bus, and all I could think was that they are too cheap.  This was pre-Covid so I suspect the room cost last January or early Feb was more than $100, but since we saw the name of the hotel at least twice, I guess their meals and lodging were comped by the hotel or they paid almost nothing.   The sight seeing with the parents just gives Betty more camera time, and she is loving it.  So does the birth control plot and the separate bedroom requirement.  It wouldn't surprise me if she was the one who suggested they get on this show.  I can't see Brandon having the incentive.  Betty has probably been watching every season of this franchise and trying to get Brandon on it.   Anyway, that's my theory and I am sticking to it. 

These parents are too involved.  I think they went on both trips he took to meet Julia.  I know there was a trip to France and one to Finland or Iceland.  I can understand their going on one trip, but both trips seem unnecessary.  They seem to be living vicariously thru Brandon.  Or at least the mother does.   I think the father is just going along to get along. 

I don't mind "meeting" parents and or friends of the couples, but I don't want them in every episode.   DC is about 2 hours from where Brandon lives down on the farm.  They should have let Julia recover from jet lag and skip the DC tour except for maybe a drive by where she sees places at a distance.  Then one weekend Brandon takes her to DC sans the parental unit.  I don't know at what point in filming that the COVID lockdowns started;  I dread seeing them filming themselves stuck on the farm.  This show has far too much Betty.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And Brandon's parents and their puritanical rules can bite my ample ass. They didn't make a peep about their precious son sharing a room with Julia in Iceland, or in France, or even in Washington DC.

I wouldn't let my son share a room with a new girlfriend in my home, and I'm not Puritanical or controlling. Privileges are earned, though. It's my house, my rules. I will absolutely not be uncomfortable in my home. Like I tell my sons, if I want to make a rule that you can only wear purple while living in my home, you accept the rule or find your own place. I'm happy for you to have your own place, and you can make whatever rules you want for me when I come visit.

If it's a long-time girlfriend or fiance who has proven herself to be respectful, then it's probably okay for them to share a room in my house. But Brandon's parents just met her, fiance or not.  It's about earning that privilege by showing respect to my preferences and my comfort in my home. And when they're outside my home -- in Iceland, France, or the Motel 6 down the road -- it's not my place to say. Or my business. But: My house, my rules, period.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

If it's a long-time girlfriend or fiance who has proven herself to be respectful, then it's probably okay for them to share a room in my house. But Brandon's parents just met her, fiance or not.  It's about earning that privilege by showing respect to my preferences and my comfort in my home. And when they're outside my home -- in Iceland, France, or the Motel 6 down the road -- it's not my place to say. Or my business. But: My house, my rules, period.

I agree, and as long as there are no younger siblings around I would be more lenient.   I just went through this with my college age son:  separate rooms.  (And to be honest:  He did NOT argue with me, nor did she push back, not that i know of.  It would not have changed my mind.)   What he does at college or her house (in another state) is not my concern, nor should it be, 

The part that bugs is Brandon HAD to have a clue about this before Julia landed but he just stuck his head into the sand.  And as I said before, I do not want to hear Julia going on and ON about it.  Be glad you have a roof!

I will be on vacation next week and I will not miss not seeing next week's episode, except for the Sugar Mommy from Michigan.

Hazel - like someone else has said, last we saw you, you were living in a six by six room and wait.....were you not about to be HOMELESS one time before Tarik left?  Was the house a little cluttered?  Yes, for my taste but then again I am a grateful guest.  You say you will not use a dishwasher but give it two days with a little kid.  That will change your mind.  You are going to bring your son over?  The one you DON'T have custody of?  To live with a threesome relationship?  Yeah......good luck with that.

Yara and Jovi - I hope they do wed as they are both unappealing.  A one night stand does not a marriage make.

Mike/Natalie - like someone else said, so these Eastern European women possess magical fairy dust in bed or what?  Do the men wake up dehydrated or what?  "I want the ring back" oh you mean the one you THREW AT HIM?  That one?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I get the impression that Mike has discovered that he can control Natalie with that ring.  As long as she doesn't have it, she's behaving and has backed off on her crazy demands.  She trying so hard to be normal and loveable.

Yep as soon as she has that ring back  - she will be tossing out furniture, remodeling, getting of the cat, you name it.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I wouldn't let my son share a room with a new girlfriend in my home, and I'm not Puritanical or controlling. Privileges are earned, though

But she's not a new girlfriend. She's his fiancee. They've met her before. They know that they are getting married. Will they let them share a room after they're married? 

I have no dog in this fight, everyone is very welcome to do as they choose and run their homes as they will. I am just stating my opinion. 

• Love 14

If anything happens to Big Mike’s cat, I will hunt down Natalie myself.  Here’s the thing, if my pet doesn’t like you, there must be a reason I am not seeing and I trust that.  You’re gone.  He must have already known that she preferred dogs. I would have said, “yeah but you haven’t met MY cat.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

It looked like Natalie was spackling the makeup on in her talking heads.  She goes for that porcelain doll look but to me it looks more like open casket.

Her eyes are a very pale ice blue, drawing black lines around them just looks scary. And then there’s the puffed up lips.  Mike actually looks like he’s checked out of this relationship and just collecting the TLC salary.

I worry a bit for the French girl, if it is indeed real and not a scripted storyline. She comes across as one sandwich short of a picnic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

If anything happens to Big Mike’s cat, I will hunt down Natalie myself.  Here’s the thing, if my pet doesn’t like you, there must be a reason I am not seeing and I trust that.  You’re gone.  He must have already known that she preferred dogs. I would have said, “yeah but you haven’t met MY cat.”

I can’t picture Natalie picking up dog poop.  Probably one of those who just leaves it there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Physically speaking, both Mike and Natalie look different to me compared to when we were first introduced to them. Mike looks beat up and tired, Natalie's nose looks huge and the her hairy eyeball glare makes her look downright possessed. She's a pretty good actress to pull off the craazy to this extent if in fact she is sane.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I wouldn't let my son share a room with a new girlfriend in my home, and I'm not Puritanical or controlling. Privileges are earned, though. It's my house, my rules. I will absolutely not be uncomfortable in my home. Like I tell my sons, if I want to make a rule that you can only wear purple while living in my home, you accept the rule or find your own place. I'm happy for you to have your own place, and you can make whatever rules you want for me when I come visit.

But Julia isn't "new." Not only has she been around for awhile, but Brandon's parents met her before and even vacationed with Julia and her parents. This isn't the first time they've met. 

• Love 11

The elephant in the room about Uncle Beau and WHY Natalie isn't comfortable with him is really frustrating me. I wouldn't want him there 24/7 with me, either. At least not until I got to know him better. She's a little nutty, but I am 100% on her side on this. This isn't a case of the new woman of the house just kicking him out. They're portraying him as this goofy, but loyal, offbeat sidekick who's getting kicked out of his home by the crazy Ukrainian shrew. If I were her, I wouldn't have gone along with the storyline they're pushing. 

Also, I feel like Natalie has been to Mike's farm before. In the intro video, where they're talking about how they met, they show her posing in front of the SAME part of the farm that Mike and the cat stand in later. They also showed this last season. I'll try to take a screenshot.

I think we may be getting snowed more than usual. 

• Love 12

I would be on the side of my house my rules.  My parents were that way.  I came back home after failed marriage and child in tow.  I needed to stay with them to get back on my feet financially.  My dad had rules and one of them was a curfew of 10pm no overnight guests.  I kid you not!  He was dead serious and I complied because, well that was how I was raised.  Now with that said I did try to "work" around the rules and got caught escorting my "date" down the back staircase to kitchen at 5am in the morning, only to have to stop and introduce him to my mother who was up making coffee......yikes!  Mom was cool and we had a secret joke between us.  Dad never found out.

And I agree too that the parents, or should I say the mother, should not have expected every waking moment in DC to be a group outing.  I don't understand making a long day of sightseeing without taking into consideration the jet lag of the person coming in.  The Mother should have ASKED her if she wanted to spend all day sightseeing.  I personally had issues with jet lag going between Georgia and California so I can't imagine 30 hours on a plane.  So stupid and most likely producer driven.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

But Julia isn't "new." Not only has she been around for awhile, but Brandon's parents met her before and even vacationed with Julia and her parents. This isn't the first time they've met. 

I think Betty explained her decision at some length in last night's episode. She doesn't want to think about them having sex in her house, doesn't want to risk hearing them having sex. I don't think it's a 'moral' issue, I think it's just an 'overly-attached mommy' issue, I got the impression she wouldn't like it even if they WERE married, actually. Makes me wonder if her and hubby's bedroom is sharing a wall with Sonny Boy's room?

In general, this entire episode was a case of 'what we've got here is a failure to communicate'

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I think we may be getting snowed more than usual.

Speaking of snow, when Natalie and Mike left Seattle there was no snow.  Upon arrival at his house there was PLENTY of snow.  How far apart were those scenes filmed?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Speaking of snow, when Natalie and Mike left Seattle there was no snow.  Upon arrival at his house there was PLENTY of snow.  How far apart were those scenes filmed?

Check this out:

Mike and Aria before Natalie's arrival (S8E2):

744030087_IMG_20201221_1239416992.thumb.jpg.7b52ab5b1854895882d46bbb4d9725d5.jpg

Natalie supposedly before she goes to Sequin (S8E1, S8E2, & B90D):

nat2.jpg.ff37c2ed340e8f7d0c40e718833ceb14.jpg

25 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I think Betty explained her decision at some length in last night's episode. She doesn't want to think about them having sex in her house, doesn't want to risk hearing them having sex. I don't think it's a 'moral' issue, I think it's just an 'overly-attached mommy' issue, I got the impression she wouldn't like it even if they WERE married, actually. Makes me wonder if her and hubby's bedroom is sharing a wall with Sonny Boy's room?

In general, this entire episode was a case of 'what we've got here is a failure to communicate'

I don't disagree, it's her house and she can set whatever rules she wants. I was just responding to the "new girlfriend" comment. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

They probably spent the weekend in Seattle. Even if it was just one night, that’s enough time for a snowstorm to hit.

Anyone else think that when Mike says “Squim” it sounds icky?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

It’s 66 miles from Seattle and closer to mountains so there could be different weather.  I know where I live 40 miles away may get six inches of snow and we get none.

2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes but the engineer guy really dressed it up with blue shoes!  A sight for sore eyes!

He wasn’t rocking powder blue but more of a primary blue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I stand corrected on whether they just met Brandon's girlfriend (I was wrong). And Brandon's mom IS way too involved in his life with or without his fiance. I stand behind the "my house, my rules" statement without apology. I'm a-OK if you find another place to stay because of them!!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I stand corrected on whether they just met Brandon's girlfriend (I was wrong). And Brandon's mom IS way too involved in his life with or without his fiance. I stand behind the "my house, my rules" statement without apology. I'm a-OK if you find another place to stay because of them!!

So much of this falls on Brandon. It sounds like he's been dishonest with Julia and has misrepresented his situation. I don't care for his mom, but it is her house and he's not going to change her. If he doesn't like her rules and doesn't like her hovering then he can find another place to live-even if it means they have to wait on the wedding. These are all issues that should've been sorted out before applying for the visa. I don't think he DOES mind it, though. I think he's just giving Julia lipservice. I think part of him enjoys living at home, having his parents take care of everything, and having his mom to blame when things go awry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7