Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bless This Mess

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

The elephant in the room about Uncle Beau and WHY Natalie isn't comfortable with him is really frustrating me.

What is the elephant in the room about Uncle Beau?

Ewww, Natalie, lipstick on teeth.  Check yourself girl.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Physically speaking, both Mike and Natalie look different to me compared to when we were first introduced to them. Mike looks beat up and tired, Natalie's nose looks huge and the her hairy eyeball glare makes her look downright possessed. She's a pretty good actress to pull off the craazy to this extent if in fact she is sane.

A checked out Mike and his crazy AF girlfriend makes for great TV. I can't stand either one of them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said: 

And Brandon's parents and their puritanical rules can bite my ample ass. They didn't make a peep about their precious son sharing a room with Julia in Iceland, or in France, or even in Washington DC. They didn't say "Oh, we can't possibly join you for a luxurious vacation in Paris if you don't have separate rooms because religious beliefs".  And Brandon and Julia are actually engaged.  

Wait, who missed the part where she said even after they were married she was really ok with it. And she mad a face and was like- I just don’t want to hear anything! She is NEVER going to let them sleep in the same room in her house. She can’t stand the thought her grown son having sex anywhere near her.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I went to the couple's thread.  The information was erased.

Instagram changed it's source code so that it will no longer embed, which is why you see black lines, but this is a direct link that I posted more recently in that thread with the information about Beau.

Edited by Christina
Fixed link
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

She doesn't want to think about them having sex in her house, doesn't want to risk hearing them having sex. I don't think it's a 'moral' issue, I think it's just an 'overly-attached mommy' issue, I got the impression she wouldn't like it even if they WERE married, actually. Makes me wonder if her and hubby's bedroom is sharing a wall with Sonny Boy's room?

And that makes it even creepier and makes Mama Brandon even more insufferable. The way she spoke to Julia while they were sightseeing was appalling. She acted like Julia was a somewhat slow seven year old. "And that's the White House, where our president lives!" Sheesh. 

• Love 6

As far as I'm concerned, Brandon's mother doesn't need to justify anything or explain why she wants them in separate bedrooms. It's her house. They don't like it? Leave. Brandon is a 27-year-old man, he should get off the parental tit and find his own place.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And that makes it even creepier and makes Mama Brandon even more insufferable. The way she spoke to Julia while they were sightseeing was appalling. She acted like Julia was a somewhat slow seven year old. "And that's the White House, where our president lives!" Sheesh. 

It reminded me of a 4th-grade field trip.  

Without any of the fun souvenir shopping.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Can you picture it? She hands Julia a five dollar bill and says "now this is all you're getting, so choose wisely! I'm not giving you any more!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

As far as I'm concerned, Brandon's mother doesn't need to justify anything or explain why she wants them in separate bedrooms. It's her house. They don't like it? Leave. Brandon is a 27-year-old man, he should get off the parental tit and find his own place.

Which begs the question, if Brandon, at age 27, is incapable of supporting himself even though he professes to work, how the fresh hell did he get approved to bring over another human being for whom to be responsible?  

Maybe he'll use his TLC paycheck to sac up and get his own place, whether or not things work out with Julia.  

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Can you picture it? She hands Julia pins a five dollar bill to Julia's shirt and says "now this is all you're getting, so choose wisely! I'm not giving you any more!"

FTFY 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

True, she doesn't. But I'll cheerfully snark on her or anyone else who airs their dirty laundry on a reality show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

True, she doesn't. But I'll cheerfully snark on her or anyone else who airs their dirty laundry on a reality show. 

Once they hit my TV screen they're fair game. (Except for Kiralym because my girl crush doesn't allow for snark.)

22 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Can you picture it? She hands Julia a five dollar bill and says "now this is all you're getting, so choose wisely! I'm not giving you any more!"

Do Brandon's parents understand that she's coming over to marry him? Because they seem to act like they just finished the home study for their international adoption...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

So much of this falls on Brandon. It sounds like he's been dishonest with Julia and has misrepresented his situation. I don't care for his mom, but it is her house and he's not going to change her. If he doesn't like her rules and doesn't like her hovering then he can find another place to live-even if it means they have to wait on the wedding. These are all issues that should've been sorted out before applying for the visa. I don't think he DOES mind it, though. I think he's just giving Julia lipservice. I think part of him enjoys living at home, having his parents take care of everything, and having his mom to blame when things go awry. 

This times 100.  He secretly likes having two women fight for him - never happened before!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Not that we couldn't snark on Howdy Doody's bedroom escapades for hours, but are we going to talk about the German Shepherds? 

My tolerance for such things is probably a trifle higher than some people's, but seeing them in the cages bothered me. I live on a farm so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they have a much larger, covered and uncovered, area for the dogs and that they only put them up for filming. Still...I run an animal rescue. We separate for safety, but never cage unless medically necessary. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I wouldn't let my son share a room with a new girlfriend in my home, and I'm not Puritanical or controlling. Privileges are earned, though. It's my house, my rules. I will absolutely not be uncomfortable in my home.

I won't allow it either.  I have two sons and a daughter. Two are still in college.  We live in NYC. When they bring "friends" home for the holidays, they are not allowed to share a room. I don't care what they do outside, but my house; my rules.  I don't want to hear or see anything that is going to make me feel uncomfortable in my own home.  Oprah and Steadman have been living together for over 30 years, and yet, when they go to visit her father in Nashville, they have to stay in separate rooms.  Oprah said that she understands where her father is coming from and respects him for that.  

The thing that bugs me about Brandon's mom, is that she appears to be a helicopter parent.  And, being that he is her only child, I don't think that is ever going to change.  

I agree with the poster that said, "Hazel has gained weight."  The American dollar goes a long way in the Philippines, so she was clearly eating a lot more.  

• Love 10

I think I kind of understand Brandon’s mother about the sleeping arrangements. I think she implied that they can shag away any other time, but bedtime when everything is quiet, she doesn’t want to lie in bed listening to her baby boy doing grown up people things.  In other words she doesn’t want to hear the moaning and any other noises that might possibly vibrate through the house and keep her awake.  LOL. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, lasandi said:

In other words she doesn’t want to hear the moaning and any other noises that might possibly vibrate through the house and keep her awake.  LOL. 

Kids don't want to hear their parents having sex --- and parents don't want to hear their kids having sex! YMMV.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Kids don't want to hear their parents having sex --- and parents don't want to hear their kids having sex! YMMV.

Darn it. I typed 3 long sentences concerning this when I could have just put it as simply as Teapotwakeen did.  That is it in a nutshell! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

As will I. Someone disagreeing with your POV is not some sort of personal attack or something. It's not that serious. I was just stating my opinion.

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Which begs the question, if Brandon, at age 27, is incapable of supporting himself even though he professes to work, how the fresh hell did he get approved to bring over another human being for whom to be responsible? 

How some of these broke individuals get approved to do this will forever be a mystery to me.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

As will I. Someone disagreeing with your POV is not some sort of personal attack or something. It's not that serious. I was just stating my opinion.

How some of these broke individuals get approved to do this will forever be a mystery to me.

Many have co-sponsors. The income stipulation is that one must earn, at minimum, 125% of the federal poverty limit. That is $21550, so it's fairly low. 

I don't think Brandon is truly broke, I think he just wants to keep staying with his parents.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Burning Rubber said:

Why does Yara want to punish Jovi's family because her family can't come? She nasty.

Or has she caught on that TLC might finance a Ukrainian wedding next season? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I found it interesting that when Brandon told his mom that Julia said that they should move out if they can’t share a room, mom countered with “that wouldn’t be financially responsible, you want a wedding and reception, and you have to save up for that”.  Based on Julia’s experience of living with last BF’s parents it sounds like she would be perfectly happy to skip a big wedding if it meant they could live on their own.  Brandon is such a baby he doesn’t even know what he wants.  He should be researching apartments and showing Julia what is available in their price range, talk through if that means a scaled back wedding or courthouse wedding, and make that decision as a couple.  I don’t know how any of them think he is ready for marriage when he isn’t even ready to fold his own laundry. 

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I wouldn't let my son share a room with a new girlfriend in my home, and I'm not Puritanical or controlling. Privileges are earned, though. It's my house, my rules. I will absolutely not be uncomfortable in my home. Like I tell my sons, if I want to make a rule that you can only wear purple while living in my home, you accept the rule or find your own place. I'm happy for you to have your own place, and you can make whatever rules you want for me when I come visit.

If it's a long-time girlfriend or fiance who has proven herself to be respectful, then it's probably okay for them to share a room in my house. But Brandon's parents just met her, fiance or not.  It's about earning that privilege by showing respect to my preferences and my comfort in my home. And when they're outside my home -- in Iceland, France, or the Motel 6 down the road -- it's not my place to say. Or my business. But: My house, my rules, period.

He’s 27 years old and he contributes to the expenses with his work on the farm. He probably contributes financially too.  It’s his home too and they need to quit treating him like a minor child or an adult child who’s visiting.  
I do think a lot of this is exaggerated though.   

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A one night stand does not a marriage make.

THIS!  Meeting someone on a vacation is sooo not real life. Making a good, trusting, honest, respectful of each other relationship takes work, seeing how someone is when the shit hits the fan and seeing someone when they have had the best day of their life...handling both extremes while paying the bills and working toward goals is something that takes time, vacations are fun and you don't get to see someone in real life situations it is not a good idea to commit because you both have great tans or like the same drink.  Idiots, all of them.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I never heard my parents having sex so there is no reason people of any age can’t be quiet when they are sharing space.  Go to a motel once a week if you want to get vocal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Culture clash! She's a city girl, he's a farmer!

That premise has been done to death 

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

8752CF17-217F-4AD5-BC4B-840CE5C8AA27.gif

Edited by magemaud
My iPad is having a hissy fit
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But she's not a new girlfriend. She's his fiancee. They've met her before. They know that they are getting married. Will they let them share a room after they're married? 

I’m surprised Brandon’s mother doesn’t make their sharing a room contingent on them using birth control, it would be such an easy solution 

Maybe I’m cruel but I don’t blame Natalie for not wanting Uncle Beau around. I thought last season he was living in a separate building on the farm. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I’m surprised Brandon’s mother doesn’t make their sharing a room contingent on them using birth control, it would be such an easy solution 

Maybe I’m cruel but I don’t blame Natalie for not wanting Uncle Beau around. I thought last season he was living in a separate building on the farm. 

I have to say Mike is only marginally more attractive than Beau.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Hazel, sweetie, when we first met you, you and your parents were living in a 6 x 6 room; and you were sleeping on a cardboard box.  So shut the eff up about Tarik's big, "messy" house complete with electricity and indoor plumbing.  Ungrateful bitch!

Totally! Same with Yara and Natalie. All of these morons should know exactly where they are moving to and what they are getting in to. I don't even get why we are being subjected to Natalie and Mike again. They had nothing in common. She wanted kids right away, he didn't. She is extremely religious, he is not which was a deal breaker for her. She accused him of cheating. She threw the engagement ring at him. What happened to all of that strife? They are playing such a phony game. Oh, and Natalie, nice that you could scrounge up enough money to get yourself those big blow up lips. Red lipstick is not your friend, honey. She looks awful. As for Mike, why doesn't he turn the heat up? Simple solution. Isn't Ukraine freezing cold in the winter? She acts like she's from the tropics.  

What happened to shy, poor little Hazel? She wouldn't let Tarik touch her and had to have a pillow between them on the bed so he couldn't rub against her. She wouldn't even kiss him for longest time. When she arrived at the airport, she still barely could kiss him. Now we find out she's bisexual. I think she's a lesbian and is using Tarik for a green card. I don't care what she is just be honest about it. 

• Love 13

For a woman that married a man that has been married twice before and has 4 other kids, Brandon's mommy sure acts like a prude. Loosen up, lady! You married a very experienced man yourself and it hasn't seemed to hurt you any. Let Brandon and his girl kick it without you interfering. The girlfriend said she didn't want kids any time soon so mind your business and go milk some cows. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What happened to shy, poor little Hazel? She wouldn't let Tarik touch her and had to have a pillow between them on the bed so he couldn't rub against her. She wouldn't even kiss him for longest time. When she arrived at the airport, she still barely could kiss him. Now we find out she's bisexual. I think she's a lesbian and is using Tarik for a green card. I don't care what she is just be honest about it. 

Seconded.  She got her foot in the door with him, and now she has access to women & can do whatever she wants legally.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I can understand her being cold, especially if there is much humidity in the area. The cold in my area is normally a dry cold and that area, she may very well indeed experience a different cold than she is used to. Mike could have turned up the heat in the house.

19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am going to cut Natalie some slack, because I don't know too many women who would want to live in a trailer, without heat, in the middle of nowhere.  

I think it's more of a mobile home or manufactured home than a trailer, and it has heat.  She said it was warm when she was standing on the vent in the kitchen.  Mike probably just doesn't have it cranked up.

I've spent some winters in Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia (not Sequim, but I think Sequim may be worse), and if you look at the temperatures you think, "Eh, that's not so bad."  But it is damp, bone-chilling cold.  The sun doesn't shine, and even if it did, it would set at 4:00, and that's IF you don't have trees between you and sun, and you probably have trees.  I remember once on May 1, I decided, "It's time to quit wearing long underwear."  I went out that day, and the next day, put it back on.

And if that is a manufactured home, it's better insulated than a travel trailer, but still not great.  I bet it's drafty, which makes the damp cold all that much worse.

The saving grace will be if he has a bathtub.  I swear, a hot bath is the only way to get warm deep inside up there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Not that his Elmer Fudd would've done it for me, either, but I wonder how much of Hazel's reactions were nerves. Not only was she meeting him for the first time, but she was being filmed. She may have been acting timid and prudish (or at least cautious) because she knew that her parents and friends might watch the show. Tarik's been to see her several times since their previous season so she may have loosened up some. (Though she may very well be a lesbian using him for a GC.)

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I swear they said he was living in the barn on the previous system. 

All this talk about Uncle Cousin Beau moving out...What Mike actually said is that Beau was going to move out "for a while." Even without the extra stuff we know about him, I don't think this is unreasonable. If Mike and Natalie do truly want to work on their relationship then it makes sense for them to want to be alone for a bit. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, suzeecat said:

She trying so hard to be normal and loveable.  

Natalie introduced a new tactic on last night's episode.  She rudely criticizes Mike, but then she tilts her head back and laughs.  She lets her eyes linger on him, while she waits for or tries to assess his reaction.  Her gestures looked scripted, so she still does not come off as normal or lovable.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Grifter Lives said:

Natalie introduced a new tactic on last night's episode.  She rudely criticizes Mike, but then she tilts her head back and laughs.  She lets her eyes linger on him, while she waits for or tries to assess his reaction.  Her gestures looked scripted, so she still does not come off as normal or lovable.  

Imagine if she has kids and doesn’t approve of them.  They will become serial killers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It’s one thing to be touring your own country’s capital, but I wouldn’t want to be forced to ride around, jet lagged, and feign interest in monuments for dead foreign statesmen I know nothing about. 

I think Julia is a natural beauty and one of the prettiest fiancées that has  ever been on the 90 Day franchise.

the comment about the souvenir shopping made me think of my daughter’s 8th grade class trip to DC. They had dinner in the shopping mall near Union Station and afterwards the students had some free time to shop in the mall before getting on the bus to come home. Most opted to buy typical souvenirs like T-shirts, key chains and little statues but one girl headed to Victoria’s Secret and spent her money on a bra. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Kids don't want to hear their parents having sex --- and parents don't want to hear their kids having sex!

I read somewhere that the two groups you have the most trouble imagining having sex are your parents and your children. 

• Love 2

I nearly didn't recognize Hazel; she's definitely put on some weight. Dean's fiancee also looked pretty ... unattractive in those photos; neither brother is marrying a pretty woman.

Still hate Natalie. I doubt that will change this season.

• Love 2