Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bless This Mess

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Tarik is another one of those whose child is the most important thing to him, other than getting laid and finding a girlfriend for his fiancée, I mean. 

This. And has he given Hazel an education on his child’s condition and how to care for her, how to work with her needs? Many Folks are ignorant as hell here in America about autism,  how is it seen in the Filipines, Hazel isn’t an educated girl, heck college educated folks  here in America have said some ignorant shite about autism. He’s a clown and another shitty decision maker for his child. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

What happened to Nutso Natalie’s face? It looks like her nose got longer or her chin got shorter or something

I think her overblown lips and smeared lipstick just make her chin and nose appear disproportionate 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Tarik is another one of those whose child is the most important thing to him, other than getting laid and finding a girlfriend for his fiancée, I mean. 

you kind of nailed this...

• Love 4

It's weird that Jovi couldn't stand to be with Yara for a few hours in the apt without going out on the town, but he was fine going to his mom's house and doing nothing. He seems like a mamma's boy. Problem there. Jovi seems okay, and he does seem to care about Yara, but he is trying too hard to be cool IMO. I thought Jovi's mom, Gwen, was a nice lady. The faces and expressions of Yara and Gwen are kind of the same.

I think the Brandon situation is more complicated. The mom appears to manage the farm which is where Brandon works. I think momma Brandon is most worried about losing her labor with Brandon, and is terrified Julia won't want to work on the farm and take Brandon away (which a baby would do).  That said, Brandon seems to truly love the farm and working on it, but why he chose Julia is strange to me. We will see.

At least this batch of couples seem like real couples.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2020 at 3:12 PM, bichonblitz said:

What happened to shy, poor little Hazel? She wouldn't let Tarik touch her and had to have a pillow between them on the bed so he couldn't rub against her. She wouldn't even kiss him for longest time. When she arrived at the airport, she still barely could kiss him. Now we find out she's bisexual. I think she's a lesbian and is using Tarik for a green card. I don't care what she is just be honest about it. 

Well she was still at home and her father is a fundamentalist Christian whose daughter had already had a child out of wedlock.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:30 PM, Kath94 said:

Seconded.  She got her foot in the door with him, and now she has access to women & can do whatever she wants legally.

The problem is that she didn't need a man in the mix, she is so young that a women could have come and petitioned for her. Every law had already changed, with same sex couples who have done the k-1 from the Philippines before she reached the age of her majority. Now young American women are a lot less likely to go this route than men approaching their middle ages so it is just opportunity and not law in the way. 

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Brandon helps out on the farm early in the morning before going to his pest control job. I wonder what Julia will do all day. 

They trained her as soon as she got out of the car:  Feed the chickens and other livestock.  Lesson 2 will be mucking out stalls.  She'll love that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Work on the farm!

7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

They trained her as soon as she got out of the car:  Feed the chickens and other livestock.  Lesson 2 will be mucking out stalls.  She'll love that.

I’m afraid you’re right, especially when Mama Brandon said “I hope Julia loves coming out here early in the morning as much as we do.” I don’t think she’s going to have a choice but to be trained as an unwilling early-rising farmhand. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2020 at 9:27 PM, Silver Bells said:

I’m a mother in law of two, and never interfere.  I get along with both daughters in-law and keep my mouth shut.  

I always knew you were cool...but now I'm just jealous of your daughters-in-law☺ 

• Love 2
On 12/20/2020 at 10:57 PM, Frozendiva said:

Mike and Natalie: I can see Mike asking Uncle Beau to maybe move temporarily until Natalie gets more settled in her new home. Maybe 3-4 weeks. I don't think she liked him much at the lunch meeting. He comes with the farm, so get used to it. Natalie would prefer the more vibrant and expensive Seattle instead of Sequim. I can understand her being cold, especially if there is much humidity in the area. The cold in my area is normally a dry cold and that area, she may very well indeed experience a different cold than she is used to. Mike could have turned up the heat in the house. No idea if he has running water or some sort of well. He may also have a septic tank. Cats don't like me so I can understand the cat not liking her and vice versa. They will get used to each other.  She doesn't like the furniture, or anything about the house and it's too small for her. Go back to the Ukraine. I don't know if both are in the same library, much less the same book, or the same page. They have a lot of issues to work out.

Brandon and Julia: Time for the parents to let their son have some time and space. Have one sightseeing stop together and/or meet for lunch or a snack later on in the day. It's too intrusive and Brandon needs to learn to put his foot down. Since the parents are paying for everything, well, he may not have many options. Surely the parents can see that they are not really wanted. Do their own thing. Julia is not likely to want the farm life. Too bad she didn't do an Internet search on where she was moving, what is around there, and how she thinks she may manage. If you don't want a farm life, don't start a relationship with someone who will be on the farm for many years. Brandon is unlikely to ever move out. If his dad dies, then his mom will need his help and he will never go anywhere. This is your future, Julia.

Jovi and Yara: Mr. Teeth is going to have a struggle with the bad ombre hair lady. She's a hot girl and maybe arm candy, but that is about it. What is she going to do? How is she going to handle him going wherever for a month? Will it be party time for her? They seem to be an odd match. She wants a big wedding but how will that happen in Covid times? And who will pay for all this? Another one who didn't do her research, see what kinds of jobs she could find to help with expenses, etc. Do these women think that all these boys are wealthy?

Amira and Andrew: Another odd one. What do they see in each other? There are larger cities in France and Amira could check some of those out to see if she can have a better life. Even other EU countries. What does Andrew have to offer her? She likes shopping and makeup. What kind of job does she see herself doing? Would she be helping run the daycare? Her father is right and this is probably not real love. No idea if the Mexico bypass will work. Couldn't they wait to get a visa extension because of Covid? Or get a new one and maybe take some time to get jobs and make some money? Mother Andrew may be another Debbie.

Tarik and Hazel: Tarik's house was messy? Maybe a little. I can understand her thinking that all Tarik wants is a maid. He went all out in that powder blue suit. I don't understand her immediately wanting a girlfriend on the side.  Perhaps 6 months down the line after she settles in, finds something to do, and builds a life. Maybe if his daughter was a teenager - i.e. 16-17 years old and not 9. She will have enough on her plate dealing with Tarik,  getting to know his daughter, getting used to life in America. For Tarik, is she worth it, knowing full well that he may come number 2 or 3 in her life. Will she ever be able to bring her son to America? How will the father handle that type of custody arrangement. The age difference is a bit significant as both are in different places in their lives. Might not be a happily ever after as she may find the girlfriend more exciting and interesting than Tarik, but he's okay because she can stay in his house for free. Or maybe not.

Thanks for the good update.  I don’t even know their names yet.  All I know is these girls want everything right off the bat.  WTF?  Where do they think money comes from?  Gold on the street.  Some of these Ukrainian chicks have better clothes than me.  Makeup too.  Yeah, Natalie is just gonna love the farm .. right.  She wants lights in the city in a hi- rise on the water.  And PINK roses, not purple.  Spoiled brat.

• Love 2
On 12/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, bravofan27 said:

It's weird that Jovi couldn't stand to be with Yara for a few hours in the apt without going out on the town, but he was fine going to his mom's house and doing nothing. He seems like a mamma's boy. Problem there. Jovi seems okay, and he does seem to care about Yara, but he is trying too hard to be cool IMO. I thought Jovi's mom, Gwen, was a nice lady. The faces and expressions of Yara and Gwen are kind of the same.

I think the Brandon situation is more complicated. The mom appears to manage the farm which is where Brandon works. I think momma Brandon is most worried about losing her labor with Brandon, and is terrified Julia won't want to work on the farm and take Brandon away (which a baby would do).  That said, Brandon seems to truly love the farm and working on it, but why he chose Julia is strange to me. We will see.

At least this batch of couples seem like real couples.

The men seem easily swayed.  Natalie did a number on Mike and he still gives into her.  Within the week,she will have the ring.  The guy is in debt up to his ears, but still had to get the best room to please her.  I know he wanted to make it special, but I wouldn’t have let him do it.  Just coming to America would have been enough for me.  Plus, she bitched about the color of the flowers.  They weren’t pink.  She said it about three times.  They were dark pink.  So what?  She will be a handful.

• Love 1

Is it me or do Zied, Andrew, both look like Coltee?

Rebecca spends so much time on her Instagram using filters to make herself look 20 years younger but allows herself to be filmed encased in jeans that makes her look like the Michelin man.  Even the shirt she was wearing on the bench was 3 sizes too small.

1 hour ago, Leilani said:

Is it me or do Zied, Andrew, both look like Coltee?

Rebecca spends so much time on her Instagram using filters to make herself look 20 years younger but allows herself to be filmed encased in jeans that makes her look like the Michelin man.  Even the shirt she was wearing on the bench was 3 sizes too small.

She’s gained a lot of weight since he saw her.  No biggie to him.  Love, my ass.  They just want the green card baby.  They all learn the smooth talk pretty quickly, don’t they?   Does anyone know if any couple are still married after a few years after they got the green card, or did they split?

• Love 1
On 12/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, magemaud said:

Brandon helps out on the farm early in the morning before going to his pest control job. I wonder what Julia will do all day. 

She will feed the chickens, collect the eggs, feed the pigs. AND SHE WILL LIKE IT or Mama Brandon will have something to say about it. I imagine suppertime will be great fun, with Brandon's mother mocking Julia and pointing out all her mistakes every day. "What? Its funny!". Poor Julia. Brandon's mother will be up her ass from dawn til dusk. She won't be able to read a magazine or Face Time any of her friends and family back home without Betty breathing down her neck. 

• Love 5
On 12/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, Silver Bells said:

Plus, she bitched about the color of the flowers.  They weren’t pink.  She said it about three times.  They were dark pink.  So what?  She will be a handful.

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy because she kept referring to the flowers as purple but on my screen they looked pink! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2

Brandon made it very clear in previous episodes that they were not using any form of birth control nor do they intend to. If my 27 year old was living in my home I wouldn’t be condoning risking an “oopsie” under my roof with a woman he has only spent so much time with in person by putting them in the same room. I am far from prude but I’m with mom on the separate rooms. If he has his own place then that’s his choice and he can deal with any repercussions. 

Edited by Fullyfernished82
Spelling error