Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S05.E21: Reunion Part 1

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I don't think she's a bad person, I can save that designation for Sandy. (I mean, there's NO WAY she works for Bravo after this, is there?) 

I don't know if she is a bad person. I do think she milked 5 seasons out of Bravo being a shitty chief stew, she could have easily been fired way before this season. I don't like her and the dress she is wearing for the reunion looks stupid. I'll be sitting by myself over in the corner.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don't know if she is a bad person. I do think she milked 5 seasons out of Bravo being a shitty chief stew, she could have easily been fired way before this season. I don't like her and the dress she is wearing for the reunion looks stupid. I'll be sitting by myself over in the corner.

My parenthetical referred to Sandy, not Hannah.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think the whole issue with "Hannah and the Drugs" was just a ploy to get Hannah off the show.  This probably wasn't the first year she had Valium aboard; and I'm sure she's not the only crew member with "non prescription drugs" onboard.  However, the producers wanted to get rid of Hannah because she wasn't "fun" anymore.  Meaning she wasn't acting like a brainless idiot, getting drunk and jumping in and out of bed with various crew members.   

Or they both kind of agreed she’d be off the show but instead of some quiet, boring (for Bravo) but graceful retirement, they concocted this story about how she wasn’t into it, how she’s clashing with the other crew, how Sandy was dissatisfied with the level of her commitment, how she already had a foot out the door, etc.

All to make it more melodramatic than it needed to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It’s the Sandy show!  barf.  i think Sandy chooses favourites based on who kisses her ass the loudest. in this case, it was Malaria. 

I'm happy for Hannah. she’s going to have a family and can kiss all this bs goodbye.

Poor Kiko. They only focused on the Vegas dinner. How about that multiple course menu with extra last minute guests?  i doubt Tom could have pulled that off without having help or pitching  a fit. 

i cant wait for the dirt to be thrown on sleazebag Rob. He gives all men a bad name. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, KLJ said:

Hannah is the only one who doesn’t kiss Sandy’s ass, that’s why Sandy doesn’t like her.

It feels like it’s the freaking Sandy and Malia show. 

 

Hannah not taking Sandy's bait was priceless!  She succeeded in working Sandy up into an even more obnoxious state.  Well played!

I wouldn't get on a boat Sandy was captain of. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Poor Kiko. They only focused on the Vegas dinner. How about that multiple course menu with extra last minute guests?  

Yes! I was hoping that somebody at the reunion (anybody) would have brought up that last minute,surprise dinner with 72 plates that kiko pulls off flawlessly. And what about the dinner where he made that stunningly beautiful cake with the gorgeous flowers on it. 

I'll bet Malia has been on top of more hot dogs than French's mustard. Reference episode 33 "Cloudy With A Chance of Secrets" when she was banging Wes AND Adam. Nothing wrong with that but you know if you're living on a boat where nobody can walk away from her bullshit, it's going to cause drama.

 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Hannah not taking Sandy's bait was priceless!  She succeeded in working Sandy up into an even more obnoxious state.  Well played!

 

Yes - I love this!  Hannah knows exactly how to get under Sandy's skin.   And the less Hannah cares, the more it seems to amp up Sandy.

Bugsy seemed a little defensive at times.  The less Jess and Rob the better, but I guess they're saving that for next week, lucky us.  I think Alex is sweet and seems like a genuinely nice guy, get on that Bugs!!

Malia and Tom - still not a fan of either. 

Loved seeing Kiko!!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Great.  More Malia the whore posts.

I didn't call her a whore. And I never stated that there's anything wrong with her banging two guys. Hell, I could probably be considered a whore too. If so, I wouldn't be ashamed of it. 

 

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And Sandy should have fired Adam for putting onions in the guest food even though they requested no onions. He said he thought it was funny. And Sandy said she wanted to fire him but couldn't find another chef in the middle of charter in Croatia. She's a fake ass dumb ass bitch.

 

During that season, Sandy couldn't find another chef in the middle of the charter because Malia had already been messing around with the chef that was already on board!  No "back pocket boyfriend/chef" waiting around for someone to call him to come to the rescue of the ship.

Sandy contradicts herself so much (season to season and within season) that she can't even keep track of her own contradictions.  

I thought Sandy seemed very hostile last night unless she was praising Malia or Bugsy.  She seemed angry-I think probably because all of the bad backlash she received this season.  She was trying very hard to self-righteously defend herself and her actions, but I think that is only making it worse for her.  

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, KLJ said:

Yes - I love this!  Hannah knows exactly how to get under Sandy's skin.   And the less Hannah cares, the more it seems to amp up Sandy.

Bugsy seemed a little defensive at times.  The less Jess and Rob the better, but I guess they're saving that for next week, lucky us.  I think Alex is sweet and seems like a genuinely nice guy, get on that Bugs!!

Malia and Tom - still not a fan of either. 

Loved seeing Kiko!!

Absolutely!!  We saw how Sandy reacted to Hannah's NON-reaction to being fired and the subsequent dockside conversation.  The more Hannah didn't give Sandy any argument and remained calm, Sandy got more and more heated.  And, it seems to be having the same effect during the reunion.  Sandy is making a fool of herself.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I really think Sandy views Malia as the daughter that she never had. She is old enough to be Malia's mother. Problem with this is that she can't be objective where Malia is concerned. In her eyes Malia can do no wrong and Sandy will lie to protect and promote her. I am watching season 2 of BDM now and Sandy forced Wes to pick a lead deck hand even though the charter season is almost over and Wes knows this is going to cause problems with the deck crew and Sandy knew he was going to pick Malia. I predict that as soon as Malia gets what she wants from Sandy she will turn on her and drop her like a hot potato. Sandy will never turn on Malia. She is too possessive of her little protege. Sandy will be crushed when Malia leaves for bigger things. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I predict that as soon as Malia gets what she wants from Sandy she will turn on her and drop her like a hot potato.

I completely agree with you.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think the whole issue with "Hannah and the Drugs" was just a ploy to get Hannah off the show.  This probably wasn't the first year she had Valium aboard; and I'm sure she's not the only crew member with "non prescription drugs" onboard.  However, the producers wanted to get rid of Hannah because she wasn't "fun" anymore.  Meaning she wasn't acting like a brainless idiot, getting drunk and jumping in and out of bed with various crew members.   

 I think that is true. But I also think that yawn could not stand her for some reason. I think yawn was waiting to get her. A big issue last season was that she didn't have a table prepared in the morning for the guests. This season I saw a morning where bugsie  didn't have the table set up and nobody said a word. I hope they get rid of that Sandy Yawn.  I think yawn likes the little pretty girl like Malia who is more malleable.  And I think the more that yawn criticized Hannah the worse it was for her over the last 2 seasons. It seemed like Yawn criticized her and let other people get away with the same things.  That is very stressful. So I figure that is the reason why Hannah needed some Valium.  Also she said she didn't trust her and that it would be dangerous. Those people get so stinking drunk they couldn't save anybody, and yet that is not a problem to her. I know it's the night before the guests arrive, but you and I know that the next day people are really hampered Because they are still hung over and still somewhat drunk.  If yawn is back I probably won't watch or I may just dip into it once in a while.

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Jsage said:

Sandy's flat out lies were unbelievable. 

First, there was the statement that Malia was first officer. We know that's not true because we have seen the first officer. And here is an article about Below Deck that proves it.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-this-is-one-important-crew-position-viewers-dont-see.html/

Then there was Sandy's irrational response about Hannah and the Valium. First she said that all prescription drugs need to be registered. But then she said no one can work on a vessel if they take Valium. So following this logic, registering the meds would be a non-issue because no one who takes anti-anxiety meds could be hired in the first place. 

These reunion shows need to provide fact-checking as much as the political debates do!

 I not only think Sandy is a liar, I think she is hateful. I think she had some kind of a personality conflict with Hannah and didn't like her.  So she was looking to get rid of her. Pairing talk to cater stained about it, switching boats with her, That show it.

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Sandy is an evil crotch.  Kiko slammed her so nicely.

Hannah won't take Andy's bait.  She's so done with this BS.

I agree!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, antfitz said:

 I think that is true. But I also think that John could not stand her for some reason. I think your one was waiting to get her. A big issue last season was that she didn't have a table prepared in the morning for the guests. This season I saw morning where bugsie  didn't have the table Sun up and nobody said a word. I hope they get rid of that Sandy Yawn.  I think you and likes the little pretty girl like Malia who is more malleable.  And I think the more that young criticized Hannah the worse it was for her over the last 2 seasons. It seemed like Yawn criticized her and let other people get away with the same things.  That is very stressful. So I figure that is the reason why Hannah needed some Valium.  Also she said she didn't trust her and that it would be dangerous. Those people get so stinking drunk they couldn't save anybody, and yet that is a problem to her. I know it's the night before the guests arrive but you and I know that the next day people are really hampered Because they are still hung over and still somewhat drunk.  If John is back I probably won't watch or it may just dip into it once in a while.

Who is John and why don’t I remember him?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

During that season, Sandy couldn't find another chef in the middle of the charter because Malia had already been messing around with the chef that was already on board!  No "back pocket boyfriend/chef" waiting around for someone to call him to come to the rescue of the ship.

Sandy contradicts herself so much (season to season and within season) that she can't even keep track of her own contradictions.  

I thought Sandy seemed very hostile last night unless she was praising Malia or Bugsy.  She seemed angry-I think probably because all of the bad backlash she received this season.  She was trying very hard to self-righteously defend herself and her actions, but I think that is only making it worse for her.  

 Gee,  the only 2 people backing up Sandy's argument are mulia and sandy!  I'm beginning to think Sandy has a crush on malea. And not as a daughter.

6 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

"Sandy was lecturing about how a chef who's not white has to keep their emotions in check and act professionally"

Tom loses shit on the regular, serves raw chicken = passionate perfectionist

Kiko fired mid-service for serving fried food, sobs privately, shows up to finish charter despite being fired = unprofessional

 And I never could figure out what they considered Las Vegas food. Because we did trade shows for business, we were in Las Vegas approximately a 120 times.  You can get anything and everything there. My feeling is what they wanted was extravagant food but they didn't say that. And there is no "Las Vegas food." 

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Sandy says one of the first things she liked about Malia was how she challenged Hanna in that first season they were on together.

Bravo shows the clip.

Obviously they have to arrange this ahead of time, because it's unlikely Sandy could reference a scene from a previous season and they are able to bring that scene up instantly like that.

So there's at least some kind of coordination with producers.  Whose idea was it to reference that scene, Sandy's idea and the producers found that clip?  Or it was the producers idea and they fed her a line about how she admired Malia confronting Hanna that season?

This is what raises suspicions about almost every interaction you see on screen.  

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else think that Sandy gets up every morning and salutes herself, she is always on this being Captain 24 hrs a day, she is exhausting.  She must store a lot of tension in her body, you can see it!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Sandy is such a bitch. She absolutely has had favorites. I still say the original 3rd stew was a plant, wouldn’t be surprised if Sandy or a friend of hers recommended her to production. She knew that she’d walk or be fired, and absolutely knew Bugsy was available. Honestly think Sandy is that conniving so she could have her dream crew. That Tom was magically available was so suspect, too. 
Sandy, if you’re such a professional, you would know by now chefs are creative people and can be very temperamental. If you get in their head, you can most certainly tear down their creativity and confidence- exactly what she did to Kiko. Sandy is a mean girl who now is in charge of a ship. 
Why didn’t anyone ask about her extreme micro management style? Only her toadies think that’s a great way to manage, as long as they’re in her good graces.

So frustrating..... I felt the way they only focused on Kiko's Vegas night, no mention of the stress and amazing job Kiko did other than Vegas night, like when he suddenly had unexpected guests and how the guests who were served the Vegas meal ended up giving him a standing ovation on their final night.  Yet Cap't Crackerjack sounded like she deserved accolades for drying a few dishes for Kiko.....so frustrating dealing with people like Sandy and Malia, self righteous officious assholes....with super yacht sized egos. UGH!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I really think Sandy views Malia as the daughter that she never had. She is old enough to be Malia's mother. Problem with this is that she can't be objective where Malia is concerned. In her eyes Malia can do no wrong and Sandy will lie to protect and promote her. I am watching season 2 of BDM now and Sandy forced Wes to pick a lead deck hand even though the charter season is almost over and Wes knows this is going to cause problems with the deck crew and Sandy knew he was going to pick Malia. I predict that as soon as Malia gets what she wants from Sandy she will turn on her and drop her like a hot potato. Sandy will never turn on Malia. She is too possessive of her little protege. Sandy will be crushed when Malia leaves for bigger things. 

I can't imagine Sandy being a Mother to anyone, even Malia, she doesn't have a nurturing bone in her body.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think Sandy fancies herself as the “cool youngish aunt” to Malia. She love to take Malia out drinking with her buddies and get closer. 
 

did anyone notice that early in the show the art behind Sandy had foam protectors on the corners? They came off by the 1/2 hour mark. 😂😂😂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, aghst said:

Sandy says one of the first things she liked about Malia was how she challenged Hanna in that first season they were on together.

Bravo shows the clip.

Obviously they have to arrange this ahead of time, because it's unlikely Sandy could reference a scene from a previous season and they are able to bring that scene up instantly like that.

So there's at least some kind of coordination with producers.  Whose idea was it to reference that scene, Sandy's idea and the producers found that clip?  Or it was the producers idea and they fed her a line about how she admired Malia confronting Hanna that season?

This is what raises suspicions about almost every interaction you see on screen.  

The show was taped weeks ago...they have plenty of time to put in taped pieces...but I tend to agree with you.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

did anyone notice that early in the show the art behind Sandy had foam protectors on the corners? They came off by the 1/2 hour mark.

Yes! That was hilarious. So they obviously had just stuck that artwork up right before the show.

In other words, about as authentic as Sandy's argument about drugs.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, aghst said:

This is what raises suspicions about almost every interaction you see on screen.  

THIS is what raises suspicions?  As opposed to the last 15 years of BRAVO reality television?  😉 

I must accept just being a clueless and terrible human being because I simply do not see the same demonic evil genius back-stabbing Machiavellian controller of all Bravo media that is the unspeakable Malia White appearing in this forum.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

did anyone notice that early in the show the art behind Sandy had foam protectors on the corners? They came off by the 1/2 hour mark. 😂😂😂

I noticed that, did she just unpack that picture from Art.com and did not realize the packing material was not part of the decor or did Andy send her an im cluing her in, lol.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Lassus said:

THIS is what raises suspicions?  As opposed to the last 15 years of BRAVO reality television?  😉 

I must accept just being a clueless and terrible human being because I simply do not see the same demonic evil genius back-stabbing Machiavellian controller of all Bravo media that is the unspeakable Malia White appearing in this forum.  

Malia is by no means a "genius", evil or otherwise.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Malia is Sandy's pet snake plain and simple.  Let's see how she handles it when Sandy finds a new pride and joy. Joao can tell her all about how easily Sandy turns on people.

Sandy really tried to come for Hannah hoping that Hannah would become hysterical. I love that Hannah and Kiko did not give Sandy the response she was looking for. Hannah's subtle shade with that coffee mug had me cracking up. She no longer cares and I don't blame her. Loved Jess calling Malia out as well. 

I don't condone cheating.  However I think Tom saw an opportunity to get away from Malia and he took it.

 

Edited by spunky
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, aghst said:

Sandy says one of the first things she liked about Malia was how she challenged Hanna in that first season they were on together.

Bravo shows the clip.

Obviously they have to arrange this ahead of time, because it's unlikely Sandy could reference a scene from a previous season and they are able to bring that scene up instantly like that.

So there's at least some kind of coordination with producers.  Whose idea was it to reference that scene, Sandy's idea and the producers found that clip?  Or it was the producers idea and they fed her a line about how she admired Malia confronting Hanna that season?

This is what raises suspicions about almost every interaction you see on screen.  

If a lowly deckhand challenges the chief stew, why shouldn’t the deckhand be fired? I know, this is Bravo.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Have they addressed how Malia came to have posession of Hannah's Valium and the CBD pen?  Did she go through Hannah's purse without Hannah'sknowledge and permission? Obviously Sandy didn't tell her to do this because she didn't know about the Valium until Malia sent her a picture.  Glenn from BDSY asked the guest's permission and had a witness watch when he conducted a search.  One reason this is done is to establish that the person conducting the search did not plant the substance in the accused 's bag or car or whatever they were searching. Captain Lee said he wanted to know how Malia got this stuff and Andy said this will be addressed at the reunion. Does anyone think Malia will claim that the Valium and CB pen were left out in full view? 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else notice that everyone was wearing white except Sandy and Malia? I started noticing right away that a lot of them were in white because it's not a typical choice at reunions, especially not for the women. Then there were Sandy and Malia in black. I doubt it was planned (even Bugsy was in white) but it almost seemed like a silent FU to them.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 8:36 AM, 65mickey said:

I thought that the chief stew handled the interior of the boat.

I am watching an old episode and Sandy was referring to Hannah about cabin assignments, this is from August 2019 so when did it change that the chief stew is not responsible for that anymore?  Kate assigned cabins on all of the charters with Capt. Lee...Sandy is an idiot.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am watching an old episode and Sandy was referring to Hannah about cabin assignments, this is from August 2019 so when did it change that the chief stew is not responsible for that anymore?  Kate assigned cabins on all of the charters with Capt. Lee...Sandy is an idiot.

It changed when Hannah wouldn't give Malia her way about moving her boyfriend into her cabin and disrupting Bugg's and Hannah's cabin assignments. Malia threw a temper tantrum and ran to Sandy who all of a sudden decided that Malia should have her way. Afterall she is a bosun/first officer and outranks Hannah and that's right a member of the deck crew makes the cabin assignments now. Malia is playing Sandy big time.  Sandy is going to fall hard when Malia kicks her to the curb. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I quit watching after Hannah was let go and sauntered over to see what you all thought about the reunion.  My feelings about Sandy seem to be corroborated.  She fancies herself as a Captain, an O-6 equivalent in the Navy, yet she acts like an 0-4.  At the Pentagon, we used to laugh and call 0-4s "the angry Majors."  In the Navy, I guess they would be called "angry Lieutenant Commanders."

This doesn't have to do with gender, rather it is a maturity issue.  Sandy doesn't have the maturity to be an 0-6. 

 

Edited by albarino
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, njbchlover said:

I agree!  Because now that he threw in that bullshit about the manufacturer of the CBD vape pen, the entire narrative of the story will change.  At the time of the situation, during filming, it was said that it was a CBD vape.  Sandy, at that moment, did not have the time or presence of mind to research with the maufacturer the type of vape it was.  Now, the story will change during the reunion.  

(And, I'm calling shady shennanigans on that, as well.  Maybe wherever Hannah purchased it told her it was for CBD use.

While I'm impressed with Hannah for keeping things classy so far, I'm also getting frustrated because I want her to rage at Sandy and call her out.  I don't think that Hannah will do that.

I may be the resident medical MJ person on the board, so here are my thoughts.

There are disposable pens where you can't refill.  The manufacturer weighing in was suggesting the pen shown was not their CBD pen.  When I looked up their product, that's obvious -- the pen is blue and looks to be a disposable one.

What is in Hannah's photo is a standard threaded battery with the manufacturer's logo (most of the cart companies have these type of batteries) and you buy carts to vape.   I have one with gLeaf logo on it and I can screw in any brand's carts.   Hannah said the cartridge was CBD.  You can buy straight CBD cartridges (for example -- CBD only cartridge).  

I suspect that's what we'll be hearing from Hannah during the next episode. She has their threaded battery, used another brand's CBD cart.  That's absolutely not unusual -- I have several threaded batteries and use different carts from all kinds of different brands.  That said, I feel pretty convinced that if she has their threaded battery, she's using likely using it for THC items and/or CBD-dominant carts.

For me, I've not tried a CBD-only cart.  I have a 2:1 CBD/THC cart.  It will relax you, but unless you have a ton of hits off it, you aren't going to feel super stoned.  I use it to sleep.   

 

 

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 6
  • Useful 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 8:14 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I watched an old episode with Capt. Lee and a stew, she forgot to register her meds with Lee so mid charter she brought the meds to him, he documented it and that was it...why couldn't Sandy have done the same?

 

Captain Sandy said that Hannah wouldn't be allowed on the ship even if she registered the Valium, because the ship can't have anyone on crew who could become incapacitated by the Valium. Is Captain Sandy making up her own Maritime Law ?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Captain Sandy said that Hannah wouldn't be allowed on the ship even if she registered the Valium, because the ship can't have anyone on crew who could become incapacitated by the Valium. Is Captain Sandy making up her own Maritime Law ?

If it makes her look better, I wouldn't put it past her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Seems like she is.  This Maritime law that she and Malia keep throwing around. Is it an international Maritime law, or a US Maritime law or a Spanish Maritime law? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Notice Sandy never answered Hannah saying "did you not put me in charge of cabin arrangements at the beginning?"  At least, not that I noticed.  

Aw, Kiko. Too good and pure for Bravo.  Wish one could bottle his smile!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size