Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, albarino said:

I quit watching after Hannah was let go and sauntered over to see what you all thought about the reunion.  My feelings about Sandy seem to be corroborated.  She fancies herself as a Captain, an O-6 equivalent in the Navy, yet she acts like an 0-4.  At the Pentagon, we used to laugh and call 0-4s "the angry Majors."  In the Navy, I guess they would be called "angry Lieutenant Commanders."

This doesn't have to do with gender, rather it is a maturity issue.  Sandy doesn't have the maturity to be an 0-6. 

That is fancy talk for calling her a kind of a bitch! LOL. 

I think Sandy enjoy's throwing her weight around which makes her look weak not like a strong leader.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Seems like she is.  This Maritime law that she and Malia keep throwing around. Is it an international Maritime law, or a US Maritime law or a Spanish Maritime law? 

That's never specified.  I doubt they ever left Spanish waters, so I assume that's what would apply, but Bravo, et. al. never say.  They are trying to cover their butts being vague.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Aw, Kiko. Too good and pure for Bravo.  Wish one could bottle his smile!

If I could buy a bottle of Kiko, I would! That smile was too pure for Bravo, the land of the Sandys and Malias. Bravo loves the jerks and arseholes so until we stop watching they won't change.

• Love 12

I just watched WWHL, and Braunwyn from RHOC was a guest.  She said that Capt. Sandy and her partner were instrumental in helping her maintain her new sobriety. Sandy told her something like she, Braunwyn,  needed to take responsibility and be accountable for staying sober.  Interesting that Sandy would tell someone else to be accountable for their behavior, when she lied about her own behavior through the whole reunion.  I think we can all expect that to continue in the second half.  Go Hannah!!!  Loved the coffee mug.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, oakville said:

Captain Sandy said that Hannah wouldn't be allowed on the ship even if she registered the Valium, because the ship can't have anyone on crew who could become incapacitated by the Valium. Is Captain Sandy making up her own Maritime Law ?

Yes.  The extended answer appears throughout this season's threads and the Sailing season threads.  We've looked up the relevant laws, ex crew members have weighed in and the same situation has come up in past seasons - from several angles, Sandy is lying.  It's not even part of the Bravo contracts.  And she changed her story several times.

Sandy is also trying to claim that ships can be "incarcerated" over "one joint", suggesting that the boat will be permanently seized over even a guest having anything vaguely illegal onboard.  But she's referring to an incident in US waters in the 80s during the war on drugs where the boat was suspected of having a large quantity of drugs on board (they probably dumped what they had) and the US authorities found a joint and used that as an excuse to thoroughly search the ship at a port.  A small fine was issued and the ship was released in hours.  Definitely a nuisance but nothing like what Sandy is suggesting.  And that ship was flagged as a drug runner.

I think the first episode of BD had an incidence where Lee turned the boat around like a grumpy parent over suspected coke on a shelf or something.  It was never confirmed as coke and looked like a staged event for cameras.  As if we're supposed to believe that rappers and russian mobsters and tech billionaires and other celebrities don't bring drugs on a yacht.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

I just can't stand Sandy.  I don't care if Hannah was getting older and starting to check out.  The way she handles her staff is just so cringy.  And Malia hoping she empowers women?  What a joke,  she's a snaky little grubby climber.  She pitched a fit to room with Tom, like I respect that?  They gave 2 shits about inconveniencing everyone so they could boink for 2 weeks.  That is not something to look up too, sorry Malaria. You had a chance to show you've grown since your 1st season.  Just her head got bigger it seems.  

Kiko is the best,  he's just too darn cute! 

• Love 22

With Sandy as Malia’s role model and Malia’s own terrible disposition, I shudder at the thought that she will be captaining a boat someday soon. She may perform her job well as Bosom and as a first class ass kisser, but she lacks the leadership and maturity to run a yacht.     

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Little Lady Back said:

With Sandy as Malia’s role model and Malia’s own terrible disposition, I shudder at the thought that she will be captaining a boat someday soon. She may perform her job well as Bosom and as a first class ass kisser, but she lacks the leadership and maturity to run a yacht.     

I don't see toughness from her.  I mean, they flashed to her saying to her crew, "think of me as one of the boys."  What?  She seems too mealy mouthed to take control to me.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Little Lady Back said:

I love this typo!   😉

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Little Lady Back said:

I keep hoping that in an upcoming season Capt. Sandy is fired released from her contract during a charter and Malia is promoted/brought in to replace her - she already knows how to be a sous chef, I doubt there is anything left to learn...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Little Lady Back said:

Sandy better watch out.

If Malia ever learns to park, Bravo will replace Sandy with her as captain since she's more photogenic.

Or maybe they will stop making a big deal out of parking and they will let one of the hidden officers do that part while Malia poses on the bridge all the time.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I hope they tear Sandy and her MiniMe sidekick to shreds. I just started watching and Sandy is already looking like an asshole and a liar.  I’ll enjoy watching her  squirm as she tries to defend the indefensible. As much as I dislike Hannah, Malia the Rat did a shitty thing, and Sandy made it even shittier. Go get em Hannah!!

I love all the viewer questions for Sandy and MiniMe. Sandy takes no responsibility for anything. The viewers are on to you Sandy!!

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Contacts?

Your avatar is a swirl of chocolate ice cream and not a Mr. Hankey, right?

As for Sandy blinking a lot, it's bad eye work or her constant lying.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Your avatar is a swirl of chocolate ice cream and not a Mr. Hankey, right?

As for Sandy blinking a lot, it's bad eye work or her constant lying.

🤣🤣🤣😑  no, it’s a Mr Hanky! She’s definitely a liar.

• LOL 4

Captain Sandy always insists that it's the guests that are important. Have to have good food at all costs, So chefs throwing tantrums? Allowed if they make good food and the guests are happy. Guests want to have all the toys out for a half hour? Do it if that makes them happy. All about the guests.

But in all her rants about Hannah being checked out, Hannah not wanting to be there, Hannah not finding joy in being a yachtie? Never once can she point to a time when the guests complained about Hannah. Never once have we seen a serious incident where guests felt un-accomodated (just made that word up) by Hannah. I was watching some of last years episodes, and Sandy was all over Hannah because the of the table decor, and the stew, can't remember her name (but not Aesha) made sure to do a couple "pretty" settings (though I would have hated all that fabric on the table) so that Sandy wouldn't come down on Hannah about it. But no where in there was a guest complaining about Hannah. 

And thinking back I can't remember a guest having a major issue with Hannah. I think there was a time when a guest thought she had a cranky face too much (but that could have been Kate). And I'll admit I don't think I've seen every episode of every season. But if Sandy's big complaint with Hannah started because Hannah couldn't remember what moussaka was when she was describing it to the guests? Yeah, no.

• Love 20
On 10/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, ihartcoffee said:

I just can't stand Sandy.  I don't care if Hannah was getting older and starting to check out.  The way she handles her staff is just so cringy.  And Malia hoping she empowers women?  What a joke,  she's a snaky little grubby climber.  She pitched a fit to room with Tom, like I respect that?  They gave 2 shits about inconveniencing everyone so they could boink for 2 weeks.  That is not something to look up too, sorry Malaria. You had a chance to show you've grown since your 1st season.  Just her head got bigger it seems.  

Kiko is the best,  he's just too darn cute! 

I hate to think of Malia being a captain.  What a nightmare.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Did I hear Captain Two-face say that you can’t be moody on a super yacht?  And did she really have the colossal nerve  to tell Kiko he should work under a chef like Tom to learn?  Learn what?  How to slam shit around the galley and threaten to quit every 5 minutes?  

Kiko, you’re a class act. You deserve much better than Sandy’s fucked ip bizarro world super yacht. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
48 minutes ago, nytonc said:

And did she really have the colossal nerve  to tell Kiko he should work under a chef like Tom to learn?  Learn what?  How to slam shit around the galley and threaten to quit every 5 minutes?  

YEAH!  Say it again.  Tom was moody+cranky with a capital "B" for BITCH!!!  We've seen moody chefs with superiority attitudes, but put them all together and they don't equal Tom's antics.  Did Chef Sandy watch the shows?

• Love 10
On 10/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, AryasMum said:

I love this typo!   😉

I love them when people write, "What typo?"

On 10/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, nokat said:

Bravo loves the jerks and arseholes so until we stop watching they won't change.

I'd guess everyone at the top is a jerk and/or asshole (Andy Cohen) and those trying to move up simply model what they see and THEN they hire/coach the same types as "talent."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, Jellybean13 said:

I just watched WWHL, and Braunwyn from RHOC was a guest.  She said that Capt. Sandy and her partner were instrumental in helping her maintain her new sobriety.

I saw that too but because I weaned myself from the Housewives franchise, I had no idea who she was.  Looked her up; still no idea.  Looked up the husband...even less, although he played professional hockey for (maybe) every team in the U.S. and Canada.  What was interesting about her "association" with Sandy is that ALL the people helping Braunwyn with her sobriety (of fewer than 45 days, right?) are "stars" of some sort--some of whom she barely knew.  No rehab. No professionals...AND a lot of her "help" will be filmed on BRAVO at her request.  Now THAT is needy....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

was.  Looked her up; still no idea.  Looked up the husband...even less, although he played professional hockey for (maybe) every team in the U.S. and Canada.  What was interesting about her "association" with Sandy is that ALL the people helping Braunwyn with her sobriety (of fewer than 45 days, right?) are "stars" of some sort--some of whom she barely knew.  No rehab. No professionals..

That’s a different Sean Burke. Braunwyn can’t even explain what he does but he is in “technology”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

i haven't read all the comments yet so maybe this has been addressed already, if so, excuse me!!  The ship CAN BE seized in the US don't know about internationally.  the FEDS love to seize big luxury cars, jewels etc.  (usually seized during drug raids).  these items are auctioned off and proceeds go to the department doing the seize.

i don't think hannah's drugs would be blip on their radar...sandy is jerk.  andy called her out last year at reunion for constantly getting camera time that she didn't get in previous years by constantly being around at meal times.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i haven't read all the comments yet so maybe this has been addressed already, if so, excuse me!!  The ship CAN BE seized in the US don't know about internationally.  the FEDS love to seize big luxury cars, jewels etc.  (usually seized during drug raids).  these items are auctioned off and proceeds go to the department doing the seize.

i don't think hannah's drugs would be blip on their radar...sandy is jerk.  andy called her out last year at reunion for constantly getting camera time that she didn't get in previous years by constantly being around at meal times. 

Seized is not the same as incarcerated, which is what people were having fun with. A boat being used to run drugs would be on their radar, not a vape pen. Sandy was being ridiculous (and dumb) about Hannah's "drugs." Sandy does NOT know what is classified as a narcotic and is uneducated about it. Stupid person drama about nothing.

• Love 9
On 10/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I don't know if she is a bad person. I do think she milked 5 seasons out of Bravo being a shitty chief stew, she could have easily been fired way before this season. I don't like her and the dress she is wearing for the reunion looks stupid. I'll be sitting by myself over in the corner.

I'll be sitting right there with you.  

On 10/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, aghst said:

Sandy says one of the first things she liked about Malia was how she challenged Hanna in that first season they were on together.

Bravo shows the clip.

Obviously they have to arrange this ahead of time, because it's unlikely Sandy could reference a scene from a previous season and they are able to bring that scene up instantly like that.

So there's at least some kind of coordination with producers.  Whose idea was it to reference that scene, Sandy's idea and the producers found that clip?  Or it was the producers idea and they fed her a line about how she admired Malia confronting Hanna that season?

This is what raises suspicions about almost every interaction you see on screen.  

If it was live, you would have a point.  But this was taped.  Clips that are relevant to the discussion are often inserted during editing.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:27 PM, Jobiska said:

Aw, Kiko. Too good and pure for Bravo.  Wish one could bottle his smile!

Kiko is adorable.   He really does seem to be a kind soul.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That’s a different Sean Burke. Braunwyn can’t even explain what he does but he is in “technology”.

Thanks, Biabiak.   I found this:  "Not to be confused with the famous ice hockey player, Sean Burke is a businessman, entrepreneur, and reality television personality. He's the current President of Channelstars, California Green Information Technology, and Kalotech. He's also the owner of Govplace and serves on the Advisory Board of FAMEOS.

"He received a Bachelor of Economics and Business/Managerial Economics at University of California Santa Barbara. AT UCSB, he also studied Japanese and accounting. Currently, he volunteers at the Orange County School of the Arts, where he serves as a Foundation Board Member."

On 10/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, Back Atcha said:

YEAH!  Say it again.  Tom was moody+cranky with a capital "B" for BITCH!!!  We've seen moody chefs with superiority attitudes, but put them all together and they don't equal Tom's antics.  Did Chef Sandy watch the shows?

Kiko! Dont go anywhere near Tom!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tinaw said:

Kiko! Dont go anywhere near Tom!

When Sandy was babbling her BS that Kiko needs to train under someone like Tom I laughed my ass off.  I believe Kiko has a very bright future being the anti-Tom.

He's one of the few people willing to admit to mistakes and move on.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

When Sandy was babbling her BS that Kiko needs to train under someone like Tom I laughed my ass off.

Can you imagine how TOM would handle CAPT. Sandy lurking in the kitchen (just walking through) and watching his every move?   Lurking near the table while the guests were eating and asking them about every bite.  Can Capt. Sandy be replaced?  Please?

• Love 4
On 10/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 10/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, Barbara Please said:

i cant wait for the dirt to be thrown on sleazebag Rob. He gives all men a bad name. 

Rob the Teddy Bear? I think/hope you meant Pete.

And since most of Pete's scenes (and even glimpses of him) were removed by Bravo after Pete made (allegedly) racist and sexist posts on social media, we probably missed The Worst of Pete.   But...does Barbara Please really mean Rob?

14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And since most of Pete's scenes (and even glimpses of him) were removed by Bravo after Pete made (allegedly) racist and sexist posts on social media, we probably missed The Worst of Pete.   But...does Barbara Please really mean Rob?

I'm thinking the Teddy Bear is Alex, and Barbara Please DID mean Rob, as later stuff seems to have come out about his relationship with women that paints him as less a "deep" yet befuddled, non-impressive-assed (per Aesha), tantric sex guy and more of a....sleazebag.  I think nobody was talking about Pete.

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

There’s no allegedly about it. The post that I saw had a naked, chained Black woman about to be sexually assaulted as a joke.

Pete first doubled down on them, then cleaned up his social media and offered a lame apology. He never claimed the posts weren’t his.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2020 at 5:49 PM, Neurochick said:

Meaning she wasn't acting like a brainless idiot, getting drunk and jumping in and out of bed with various crew members.   

Malia is always getting some though......

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Rob, as later stuff seems to have come out about his relationship with women that paints him as less a "deep" yet befuddled,

Ahhhh...so that's why he and Jess made such a great couple: both DEEP.

• LOL 1

2 hours to part 2.  Here we go into the depths of Sandy trying to cover her ass.

eta:  If it wasn't for all you wonderful people on this board, I would have checked out on this season ages ago.  

Thanks Primetimers!

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

2 hours to part 2.  Here we go into the depths of Sandy trying to cover her ass.

eta:  If it wasn't for all you wonderful people on this board, I would have checked out on this season ages ago. 

Thanks Primetimers!

I'm on the west coast, so several hours until it airs. I  will take one for the team, but the previews show a lot of Jess and Rob, and if I was still in high school I might have found it interesting. Okay, not even then. Seeing Sandy and her veneers digging her hole deeper may be fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, nokat said:

I'm on the west coast, so several hours until it airs. I  will take one for the team, but the previews show a lot of Jess and Rob, and if I was still in high school I might have found it interesting. Okay, not even then. Seeing Sandy and her veneers digginbut g her hole deeper may be fun.

I'm in South Jersey but have been lucky enough to visit the west coast many times.  SFO and Joshua Tree park are my favorites.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I'm in South Jersey but have been lucky enough to visit the west coast many times.  SFO and Joshua Tree park are my favorites.

Joshua Tree park is fun.  Did you get to see a lot of coyotes? The last time I was there, they were pretty bold. I was at SFO many times, but that's a long way from Joshua Tree. Did you get to see the redwoods?

I've read a few posts about Malia's smug faces, but did anyone catch her "I'm so shy and humble" face when Sandy was praising her?  She was looking down as if Sandy's words were just too much for her and then she looked up all wide-eyed, trying to convey how truly humble and "surprised" she was at hearing how great she is.  It was so fake, she thinks she's the shit and she expects to be praised.  She also knows she's Sandy's favorite and she's milking it for all it's worth. 

It's great that she's breaking into a traditionally male occupation, but her behavior negates any respect she could have earned by just doing her job. 

I also agree with the poster above who said Malia will get what she wants out of Sandy and then ghost her.  She's kissing up to Sandy because Sandy can help her career. 

• Love 4

I can't wait to never see or hear Hannah again.  Lazy, dumb, fake, rude, gossipy, catty, petty, TRULY SO LAZY AND DUMB, and that god-forsaken accent.  Few seem to share my disgust for her, which mystifies me.  I'm thrilled to be rid of her.

There.  That felt good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, Please Stand By said:

The BEST thing about the night was the map (or whatever it was) hung on the wall behind Clueless Captain Sandy (“CCS”.) During the first part of the show, it still had the protective foam packing pieces on the corners of the frame! (Later in the show, they mysteriously disappeared - someone must have told CCS that they were supposed to be removed once you take the piece out of its packing carton!)

Maybe the fearless captain liked how they looked and thought they were part of the frame - if so, as Bugs Bunny used to say, “What a maroon!” 🤣

I noticed that!!!  😄 

I just watched this reuinion today.  What a buffoon sandy is. Is she a captain? She only mentions it every other sentence. 

Hannah looked beautiful and kept it classy.  

Malia is nasty.  

I quit watching the season when Hannah was fired. Went straight to the reunion.  I will never watch another Med season.  Sandy is just terrible. 

• Love 2
On 10/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, nokat said:

Joshua Tree park is fun.  Did you get to see a lot of coyotes? The last time I was there, they were pretty bold. I was at SFO many times, but that's a long way from Joshua Tree. Did you get to see the redwoods?

Saw the Muir Woods, around 1996.  As far north as I ever got.  On a later trip, Working the Microcontamination show in San Jose, I tried to get to Yosemite, drove over Mt. Hamilton and realized I wouldn't make it back before dark, turned around in Merced and went back to SFO.

Also did a trade show later at the Moscone Center downtown.  Powell Ave was a favorite.

Way back in 1966, Dad has a pic of 7 yo me getting bitten by a giant crab on Fisherman's wharf.  lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1