Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

In Meka's AMA she addresses the honeymoon mandate.  Says no way she misunderstood it as "I'd like sex on the honeymoon", that rather he was telling her they would have sex.  She said she thinks he was trying to bully her into it (in their talk on the plane ride).

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, Yeah No said:

Thanks to both of you and those that supported these opinions.  I am late to respond because I've been dealing with the death of my father in NYC from Coronavirus, but you all said it so well and I agree with you 100%.  That's why I said that Michael has no excuse.  He knows better.  I don't buy that he buys his own BS.  We have seen enough evidence that he is aware of his lying yet even though he pays lip service to being "sorry" for it, he does NOTHING to help himself and just keeps repeating the behavior.

I am so sorry for your loss.

And can I just say, we all know that there are a lot more emotional /mental issues that many people are able to cover up initially. However, having a license revoked for DUI is just not something that happens over night and with no way to see it coming. So in that regard, MAFS is just wrong to have not seen that. (even if his license was not revoked at the time of the "vetting" if there is such a thing, let's be real and acknowledge that there had to have been more than one current incident).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

In Meka's AMA she addresses the honeymoon mandate.  Says no way she misunderstood it as "I'd like sex on the honeymoon", that rather he was telling her they would have sex.  She said she thinks he was trying to bully her into it (in their talk on the plane ride).

I've wondered how she even felt safe sleeping next to this guy for 8 weeks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I thought at one point Michael was sleeping in a separate room, then when they "made up" they were in the same bed.  That was probably for the cameras though, and then he went back to his room.  

• Love 1

But we don't know how long they "shared" the bed.  He could have hopped up and gone to his room when the cameras left.  He's a liar but I never got the impression that he was a rapist. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

But we don't know how long they "shared" the bed.  He could have hopped up and gone to his room when the cameras left.  He's a liar but I never got the impression that he was a rapist. 

No, but, incredibly creepy.

• Love 4
(edited)

Derek's AMA on Reddit (verified - 'Mindy' had one they shut down because it was not verified). He didn't keep up too well; Meka answered just about everything.

No big revelations, I thought. Oh, but, & he's getting into music production & writing a book. I liked him but, at the risk of being Katie-ish, 🙄.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/gcdvpn/i_am_derek_sherman_from_mafs_season_10_ama/

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/26/2020 at 8:39 AM, configdotsys said:

Yep, the duped thing again. I can't help but think that pissed him off from day one and as the weeks went on, he got more and more furious about it. 

Then he needed to discuss this with the producers no later than day 2.  He might've gotten another, fairer shot at a future episode.  Instead he performed like a little man-baby and insulted everyone along the way.

He's got no future.  He's exposed as a petty man-baby.  Gone.

• Love 5
On 4/25/2020 at 12:26 PM, Valegro said:

Did anyone notice that MAFS Fan is completely gone from Instagram and Twitter? Absolutely nothing comes up on their accounts and Twitter says it has been deleted. 

Derek said on his live that lawyers got involved which is why she deleted everything. 

@Yeah No I'm sorry for your loss.  Sending you love and support. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2020 at 4:11 AM, qtpye said:

That’s the thing. She really was not all that bad and certainly better than Brandon but they really did not give Taylor the good edit she probably thought she was going to get.

Brandon was/is a hot mess. Derek said on his Instagram live that what we saw of Brandon was a true depiction of who is as a person.  He said the bus tirade lasted for 10-15 minutes, and that he would stop and then start up again even though no one was engaging him. He also said that when they're hanging out with Brandon they have to choose their words carefully because Brandon goes from 0 to 100 without warning. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, spunky said:

Brandon was/is a hot mess. Derek said on his Instagram live that what we saw of Brandon was a true depiction of who is as a person.  He said the bus tirade lasted for 10-15 minutes, and that he would stop and then start up again even though no one was engaging him. He also said that when they're hanging out with Brandon they have to choose their words carefully because Brandon goes from 0 to 100 without warning. 

Heck, I’m beginning to think they actually gave Brandon a good edit.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, spunky said:

Did he say anything about the amounts/timing of alcohol consumption?

2 hours ago, princelina said:

Did he say anything about the amounts/timing of alcohol consumption?

No he didn’t mention anything about alcohol. He just said Brandon goes from 0-100 without warning.

12 hours ago, qtpye said:

Heck, I’m beginning to think they actually gave Brandon a good edit.

I’m with you on that one.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 7:00 AM, ElectricCityy said:

Doesn't surprise me at all about Brandon. Taylor is no saint but Brandon gives off Jekyll and Hyde vibes. He is downright scary.

As soon as the producers found out that Brandon's brother was murdered due to gang violence, they should have asked him if he was in therapy.  If Brandon said no, they should NOT have considered him for the show.

And Taylor shouldn't have been considered at all.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Is there a thread here for MAFS Australia?

Look at the "Please Read Before Posting" thread by Once Sane.  There's a link to MAFS Australia. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Is there a forum for the Australia MAFS? TIA!

I just discovered a link posted in the Announcements thread - when I searched for "Australia" in the forums it didn't come up - weird.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/109217-married-at-first-sight-australia/

I wonder why the thread can't be put in the MAFS forum .... there are threads here for other MAFS spin-offs.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Season 11 cast. Season starts July 15. Christina and Henry look less than enthused. The fact that she just got out of a 5-year relationship and wants the show to "do the work for her" doesn't inspire confidence.

I thought the same about those two. The four other couples look nice. Though Bennett looks a little scared 😆

• Love 2

I work at a large teaching hospital in NOLA and don't recognize Amelia the resident but then there are hundreds of them on campus so that's not a surprise.   Her groom looks like he's thinking 'maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all'.   

And did they just recast Jessica and Austin with Olivia and Brett--nurse manager and IT system guy?!?  On paper they look to be the best bet but you never know.   

And agree, Christina & Henry look like they have serious regrets on night one.

• Love 1

Just saw an article that some kind of way Karen found out ahead of time that she was matched with Miles and she already knows him....and told the producers that he was not her type. They asked if she wanted to go through with it. I guess she did. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Just saw an article that some kind of way Karen found out ahead of time that she was matched with Miles and she already knows him....and told the producers that he was not her type. They asked if she wanted to go through with it. I guess she did. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Doesn’t it defeat the whole purpose of being blindly matched if you already know who the person is beforehand?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

They showed this on a quick preview during last night’s MAFS.  

• Love 1

I'm not surprised that Karen would know or at least know of Miles as even though New Orleans is a pretty large city it still works like a small town in many ways.  First thing you do when meeting someone new is "where did you go to school?" and that means High School.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the article, but I just saw the preview clip, and I got a different impression about what happened. Obviously hard to tell for sure from the quick clip, but it sounded to me like she got a text she wasn't supposed to get that told her info about him, and from that she didn't think he was her type. Not that she actually knew him, but just that she had learned details about him that she wasn't supposed to know, and was drawing conclusions based on that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I don't blame anyone for having a type, but if so, trusting a teevee show to pair you up properly is just stupid. Maybe she's just another one hoping to gain something out of this, but doesn't really care about a marriage - wouldn't be the first!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't blame anyone for having a type, but if so, trusting a teevee show to pair you up properly is just stupid. Maybe she's just another one hoping to gain something out of this, but doesn't really care about a marriage - wouldn't be the first!

Particularly since one of the premises is that only going for “your type” had not worked and that is why you are on a tv show to find your spouse. The best example of this as Jaimie Otis and Jephte. These two would have never chosen the people they were matched up with but ended up being okay with it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I swear, Jamie Otis would appear at the opening of a grocery store!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/moms-like-us-is-us-weeklys-new-show-about-celeb-moms/

If JamieO was paid enough, she would open up the newest sunglasses kiosk at the outlet mall and if asked she would wear the same black bra outfit she sported when she whelped her last pup into the blow up pool in her bedroom.

Hopefully, she would pull on some pants..we don't need to see her birth canal...ever again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Here's my deal with Jamie Otis.  I don't blame her one iota for making as much money as she can by being a reality TV "star."  The shelf life of reality stars is very, very short.  That's why so many of them do whatever they can to make a buck. 

And I say go ahead.  

ETA:  I have a so called "real" job.  I don't know what makes one job real and another not real.

• Love 8

Agreed.

JamieO is to be commended for clawing her way into a teevee career. She got her foot in the door and is still hanging in there.

She is tenacious and is willing to do what it takes To be in show biz.... from marrying Feckless Doug to going full Animal Planet and Dropping her latest Spawn from her Vajayjay into her home studio blow up pool.
It will be full on unpleasant when  MAFS decides to drop her from hosting....
If AJ can tone it down, he and Steph would be good replacements as cohosts.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Agreed.

JamieO is to be commended for clawing her way into a teevee career. She got her foot in the door and is still hanging in there.

She is tenacious and is willing to do what it takes To be in show biz.... from marrying Feckless Doug to going full Animal Planet and Dropping her latest Spawn from her Vajayjay into her home studio blow up pool.
It will be full on unpleasant when  MAFS decides to drop her from hosting....
If AJ can tone it down, he and Steph would be good replacements as cohosts.

Yeah, I don't think people realize that Doug, while being a nice guy, is pretty financially irresponsible. She said that they once lost out on a house because Doug had a ton of unpaid credit card debt that he kept secret from her. She is the primary bread winner and they are going to desperately cling on too the money train for as long as possible.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Season 1, back when Doug had the fake facade of a Reliable breadwinner, he surprised her with a used car because her car had Once again conked out again and she needed wheels to make her shifts.
JamieO gave a Emmy worthy performance but you could see a nano second look of disappointment that it wasn’t a luxury car or a new model because we were led to believe Doug made good coin.
In the subsequent years, Doug continued to disappoint and be a financial disaster so she pulled up her big girl panties and carries the water and the sword, earning enough from a basic cable on air gig  to stop her day job.

We snark but she is living her dream, despite the dud she MAFS.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

We snark but she is living her dream, despite the dud she MAFS.

Here’s the thing though, she got what she asked for - a nice guy with a good family. She could have done a lot worse. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Here’s the thing though, she got what she asked for - a nice guy with a good family. She could have done a lot worse. 

And I don't think he was presented as a good earner - he was an aspiring comic working for his dad.  From what I recall his dad and brother had a company and he had started working for them because of mysterious reasons 😄 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

And I don't think he was presented as a good earner - he was an aspiring comic working for his dad.  From what I recall his dad and brother had a company and he had started working for them because of mysterious reasons 😄 

From what I can tell Doug is just not an ambitious guy and Jamie is very ambitious. If Doug is holding down the household and taking care of the kids, while Jamie makes money, I  really do not have a problem with it. Honestly, if more men did this than they would realize that being a housewife is no walk in the park. I just disliked that he lied about his credit card debt.

What I hope is not happening is that Doug's mom is doing most of the childcare and house work, while Doug goes and plays softball. However, if this is the case and it works for them, it is none of my business.

I have no evidence about what Doug is doing. I just knew a couple whose husband stayed home to be a house husband while the wife earned money. The wife soon learned his mother came over and watched the kids, cleaned the house, and did the laundry every day. The wife was angry at first, but learned to accept it, as her mother in law would not stop doing it.

However, I am sure this is very unlikely and most house husband and wives work very hard for their family.

• Love 7
(edited)

Doug is the lapdog that JamieO has trained to complete her dream-come-true family.

She is the boss lady and he is fine with being her main cheerleader, cameraman and carries her purse with his balls tucked inside.

Closeup camera shots of Doug still is rough on the eyes....even after all these seasons...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If Jamie hadn’t of gotten more tv exposure out of the deal, I think she would have bailed. David is a schmuck and his looks have never grown on me. 

Makes me wonder once the z-list fame has truly died down...will she stay? 

I'll leave this here:

Zack and Matt might not be divorcing their wives as some weird power play, even though the show provides all the legal fees and pays for the lawyers. For those that do not remember Zack and Matt were married to Mindy and Amber and neither liked their bride.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Like her^^^ to replace JamieO as the new host of the in studio show.

Articulate, knowledgeable of MAFS and doesn't insert herself into the segment.

Agree, clause needed in MAFS contract for a deadline on getting divorces done...signed, sealed and delivered.

Zach and Matt are asshats and are dragging their feet just to be annoying but Keith?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Like her^^^ to replace JamieO as the new host of the in studio show.

Articulate, knowledgeable of MAFS and doesn't insert herself into the segment.

Agree, clause needed in MAFS contract for a deadline on getting divorces done...signed, sealed and delivered.

Agreed.

The video makes me a little sad, because even though this is superficial...how beautiful are Keith and Iris together?  The woman has the type of natural hair that I can only dream about.

• Love 3